Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

It looks like he has to climb over the desk to get behind it, which would necessitate Jingle ushering people in for their audience once Jer was ready to receive. 

Wow, I didn't notice that. There seems to be literally no space on either side of the desk. That's hilarious. Maybe it has a kneehole tunnel and he can crawl under it. Relive childhood.

That's a metaphor for Jer's ego right there. His desk is too big for the room. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Not exactly packing the house, is he...

For a second I thought you were referencing a picture of him in tight pants. I’ll see myself out. 

• LOL 21
16 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is from last Sunday. Jinger is on the piano and JerMe's mom in the violin.

Have to love, toward the end of the video clip at the church, the guy with his hand on his wife's butt as the camera pans toward the back pews.

• LOL 12
On 5/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, Sew Sumi said:

More humble bragging from Jeremy. He also reveals in the comments that his theology is Reformed (surprise, I know).

eta: 4 pics

1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

It looks like he has to climb over the desk to get behind it, which would necessitate Jingle ushering people in for their audience once Jer was ready to receive. 

That window drives me nuts. It stands out like an eyesore. The style is so out of place for an office/library of that magnitude. I'm mainly talking about the half circle part that was popular back in the 90's. They could put in a new window but fixing the problem with a window treatment would be much easier.  They could easily cover the half circle with some type of window valance with matching drapes or curtains to give the illusion there is a larger window hidden behind it.  Jana missed the boat on this project. 

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That window drives me nuts. It stands out like an eyesore. The style is so out of place for an office/library of that magnitude. I'm mainly talking about the half circle part that was popular back in the 90's. They could put in a new window but fixing the problem with a window treatment would be much easier.  They could easily cover the half circle with some type of window valance with matching drapes or curtains to give the illusion there is a larger window hidden behind it.  Jana missed the boat on this project. 

They might think it's reminiscent of an old church window? Which is actually the look he's going for, I think. Plus, it gives light. And with all those books to read, you need light! (well, you would if you were going to spend a lot of time reading them .... 😀)

I actually like windows like that, though. I enjoy a lot of different architectural styles, even all mushed together sometimes. -- I think of it as not lacking taste but being eclectic! I think it's just fun to have different things. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

Great catch on the room size. Wasn’t it something like four bedrooms in 1700 sq ft? If so, that’s not much more than 8 x10 and yes, that Brobdingnagian monster of a desk doesn’t leave any room to walk around it. And he’s got the photographer using some kind of wide angle lens.

Words fail. This guy is seven kinds of jackass. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I was looking at that study picture again, and I really think that Jeremy MUST have inherited some money. That study represents literally thousands of dollars in books and "art." If you consider that, and the thousands of dollars in clothes for himself, Jinger, and Felicity, and the house -- it doesn't add up any other way. If he had a job -- other than being pastor of a church with 20 parishioners -- I might buy that he was running up credit card debt. No one would give him that kind of credit, though, not to mention a mortgage, with no real income.

Even if I believed that JB would offer any of his children a cut of the proceeds from the years of their lives that they spent on-camera (and I don't believe he would part with a nickel), Jinger's portion of the TLC proceeds (say a 1/20th share) would hardly have put them on easy street.

Maybe he sees this all as an investment in his future -- and it's entirely possible that it will work. He's a reasonably attractive white man of modest intelligence. He's not threatening in any way, and he's more than happy to suck up to anyone, and everyone who might help him.

I agree.  And Jeremy's books look ultra expensive, collectors edition type books.  And the crazy, rich looking decor!  Comparing his fancy office with that barred-up starter apartment he lived in just a short time ago, it's a really big difference.  The twenty parishioners don't pay well, I'm sure.  Jeremy might have negotiated extremely well with TLC.

I also noticed none of the Jeremy household wear clothes twice! I can't see Jeremy approving of hand me downs for his precious offspring, so I see him limiting their family size drastically.

• Love 10
(edited)

They also drove Felicity home from the hospital in a big, new SUV, so the car's been upgraded as well. 

There's nothing wrong with wanting nice things, but I hope Jeremy is saving for the future. Of all the marrieds, he and Jinger live highest on the hog. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
(edited)

My townhouse has an upstairs, over the stairs alcove, a perfect spot for a desk and computer.  It was built in 2000 when everyone used big PC's.  We never use it anymore since my husband and I live on our tablets downstairs.

My neighbor turned it into a cozy reading area.  She put in "books" wallpaper that looks amazingly similar to Jeremy's office books.  It got me thinking that Jeremy's precious books might just be wallpaper!

Edited by louannems
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)

I really think family money is the most likely scenario. Nothing else makes sense to me! The whole family is classy and upscale with the way they dress, and their activities they partake in. Most of the kids' childhood, they were supported solely by chuck, since Diana homeschooled them. Of course, mainstream pastors who have worked their way up can make six figures, but if chuck's church is anything like Jeremy's, it doesn't seem extremely lucrative. Diana likely had huge loans to pay off, unless they had family money, from her education, and then she likely didn't work very long, until the kids were grown up. All the kids have chosen arts type professions, and they all seem well off. Chuck and Diana can afford to travel a lot to see Jeremy, not to even mention Jeremy's amountof traveling! With their tastes and lifestyle, I would definitely have thought that chuck was an established, respected doctor, and Jeremy was the slick young junior doctor. Most of the pastors I've known in the Methodist church make a decent salary, but their wives still work, and they seem to genuinely be watching their money (and they live in our parsonage, so they don't have a mortgage!). If the church doesn't have a parsonage, they get a housing allowance from the conference. Yet none of them are living a lifestyle in the same league as Jeremy, at all!

Edited by Christina87
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I really think family money is the most likely scenario. Nothing else makes sense to me! The whole family is classy and upscale with the way they dress, and their activities they partake in. Most of the kids' childhood, they were supported solely by chuck, since Diana homeschooled them. Of course, mainstream pastors who have worked their way up can make six figures, but if chuck's church is anything like Jeremy's, it doesn't seem extremely lucrative. Diana likely had huge loans to pay off, unless they had family money, from her education, and then she likely didn't work very long, until the kids were grown up. All the kids have chosen arts type professions, and they all seem well off. Chuck and Diana can afford to travel a lot to see Jeremy, not to even mention Jeremy's amountof traveling! With their tastes and lifestyle, I would definitely have thought that chuck was an established, respected doctor, and Jeremy was the slick young junior doctor. Most of the pastors I've known in the Methodist church make a decent salary, but their wives still work, and they seem to genuinely be watching their money (and they live in our parsonage, so they don't have a mortgage!). If the church doesn't have a parsonage, they get a housing allowance from the conference. Yet none of them are living a lifestyle in the same league as Jeremy, at all!

Yeah, I've thought that all along. As far as I can tell, Chuck's very seldom, if ever, been involved in a big church. Right now, he and another pastor have a church with a congregation of 100.  And it's not a wealthy 100, either. And two of the three kids picked arts careers -- and continue to pursue them into their 30s -- without anybody showing strain.(of course, that would be hard to detect in any case, but still...)  Diana has had the money to start a charity, too. And, yes, I'm sure she had donors for that, but even the ability to get donors tends to relate to seed money and/or who you know that the donors know, how you present as being one of them to some degree -- and this is especially true for arts-related charities, as far as I've seen. And then Jeremy has such expectations, both monetary and otherwise. He seems to have expectations that I don't think a lot of people get unless they're accustomed to getting a bunch of stuff to the point that stuff doesn't seem like a big deal to them.  It just all says "somewhere there's some money in this family" to me. 

Of course, they could just be very unusual, too, I guess. 

Here's a interview with brother Charles and his colleagues. He looks like Jeremy but he seems awfully different to me. Not just in his opinions, but in his whole affect. 

Wonder what Charles thinks of Jer's vicious anti-Jazz-and-her-parents sermonizing. I suppose he just shakes his head and mostly keeps his mouth shut. They play chess online, according to Jer. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They also drove Felicity home from the hospital in a big, new SUV, so the car's been upgraded as well. 

There's nothing wrong with wanting nice things, but I hope Jeremy is saving for the future. Of all the marrieds, he and Jinger live highest on the hog. 

The last set of Duggars to live high on the hog were the Smuggars. I remember how much money they were throwing at take out food while Smugs was working in DC.

Yeah. Might be wise to save money before he and Jing end up in the TTH with Felicity. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If he had room in there, I would like to see a fancy globe with a hidden bar.

It's hidden in the bust of Jonathan Edwards, Mr. Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God. 

• LOL 13
55 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I've had custom bookshelves made and it's not necessarily cheap. 

The part I forgot was he did this all pretty quickly. I've collected books for many years. Yes, some are expensive and some are not. No paperbacks, eeww. And I've had custom made shelves and also had them drawn into my house plans when it was built.  If you do it piece by piece, it's not bad.  

Maybe some his are on loan from the church ?

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

The part I forgot was he did this all pretty quickly. I've collected books for many years. Yes, some are expensive and some are not. No paperbacks, eeww. And I've had custom made shelves and also had them drawn into my house plans when it was built.  If you do it piece by piece, it's not bad.  

Maybe some his are on loan from the church ?

Certainly possible. Although since he's in a church that was pretty recently planted, seems unlikely to me that they would have been able to put together much of a library either.

He might have borrowed some from the San Antonio planting church -- but if he has, he'll have to be giving those back now!

And it's seemed to me that he's kind of blown off the pastor there -- even though he's the one who trusted him with a job he wasn't really qualified for -- so I don't know whether that guy would have been too thrilled to hand over his books to Jer in any case! 

....Yeah, when you look at the picture blown up on Instagram, it looks like most of the books are hardbacks and they really look new, too. I own some expensive academic sets, but for most of them I looked around for a long time until I found used sets for better prices.....But mine look used -- and, at least in this photo, none of his sets looks used to me! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I could put this comment in any of the forums.

THESE PEOPLE ALWAYS SEEM TO HAVE MONEY AND NO ONE WORKS AN IMPRESSIVE JOB. 

Houses, cars, law school, seminary, expensive baby clothes, weddings, fake ministry trips, vacations etc. 

I think we have ALL underestimated how much these fuckers have made from TLC. 

I think you underestimate the gifts from the fans.  Inexplicably to me, there are people who fall in love with and live their lives through reality tv.  Kate Gosselin had an entire room filled with stuff from fans, which she sold.  The Duggars and their rapidly growing number of babies probably bring in gifts at a level we can't comprehend. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I think you underestimate the gifts from the fans.  Inexplicably to me, there are people who fall in love with and live their lives through reality tv.  Kate Gosselin had an entire room filled with stuff from fans, which she sold.  The Duggars and their rapidly growing number of babies probably bring in gifts at a level we can't comprehend. 

We have homeless veterans, people who struggle to pay for medical care, food to eat, homeless animals, but we need to help these nitwits out. It boggles the mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

We have homeless veterans, people who struggle to pay for medical care, food to eat, homeless animals, but we need to help these nitwits out. It boggles the mind.

I will simply mention those ridiculous head coverings on the little one.  Think how many have been sent by fans hoping, even praying, that the bow or turban they sent shows up in a picture posted for all to see.

• Love 7

My brain's on a money-management roll. ... Those are supposedly bookshelves custom-made for that room. ... 

So....he got custom bookshelves for a house that they moved into....when?.... a little over two years ago, at longest? ... And at that time he surely already knew that he wasn't thrilled with Laredo and would like to move fairly soon. 

So what sense does it make to get custom-fitted bookshelves for a house you may want to sell within, say, five years? (or much sooner...as actually happened...)

If you leave them in the house, there's no way you'll get your investment back. Only a handful of people are even interested in bookshelves any more, I hear. And probably even less are interested when you're talking about shelves in a really tiny room -- in a house with mostly really tiny rooms. And when the bookshelves aren't unobtrusive white ones that blend into the walls or whatever but dark wood ones that stand out like crazy. Nobody's going to pay you for what you spent on those shelves. 

And if you take them with you....Odds are extremely good (translation: it's virtually a sure thing) that they won't fit your next house....

And it's pretty clear that Jeremy's a person who really really wants his bookshelves to exactly fit his house. 

Not impressed at all with his money management. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

I agree. I’ve looked and looked at this photo, and I swear the the only way into the chair is up or under the desk.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

....Yeah, when you look at the picture blown up on Instagram, it looks like most of the books are hardbacks and they really look new, too. I own some expensive academic sets, but for most of them I looked around for a long time until I found used sets for better prices.....But mine look used -- and, at least in this photo, none of his sets looks used to me! 

That struck me, too. It's not just the number of books, but the fact that they ALL look new. I think he's posted pictures from used book stores, but none of the books on those shelves look used at all.

If we use @Churchhoney's estimate of 200 books per wall, and $25 per book, that's $15,000 for 3 walls of books. Then there is the $3-400 in busts, and maybe $1000 for that pretentious desk -- that's a ton of money for a new father who's planning to go back to school and has no reliable source of stable income.

• Love 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

That struck me, too. It's not just the number of books, but the fact that they ALL look new. I think he's posted pictures from used book stores, but none of the books on those shelves look used at all.

If we use @Churchhoney's estimate of 200 books per wall, and $25 per book, that's $15,000 for 3 walls of books. Then there is the $3-400 in busts, and maybe $1000 for that pretentious desk -- that's a ton of money for a new father who's planning to go back to school and has no reliable source of stable income.

Of course, this is a guy who spends $85 on a pocket square. (or at least has told some company he's willing to...)

....there are things here that don't compute. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Maybe the baby clothes and stupid bows are gifts.  Maybe even some kitchen crap nonsense on Amazon.  But this Duggar clan has some serious money.

Jinger, who we all agree, has a limited education, bought a  nice house, decorated it and is now selling the house and moving to LA for Jeremy to attend yet more schooling...after working a small minister job that we know cannot pay huge money. 

Really, maybe I should be paying closer attention to what Jinger is doing in life because I'm struggling and she is sipping coffee. 

Even Derick, who was blabbering about not getting paid from TLC and the NICU bill, well Derick busts out with law school and a new home.  That's a HUGE amount of money that this clown just dropped in one year. Jill is a freaking moron with her "medical thingies" but she is in a new house...something a lot of young mothers don't have. 

I love snarking on these crazies but today I feel like the joke is on me.  

• Love 15
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maybe the baby clothes and stupid bows are gifts.  Maybe even some kitchen crap nonsense on Amazon.  But this Duggar clan has some serious money.

Jinger, who we all agree, has a limited education, bought a  nice house, decorated it and is now selling the house and moving to LA for Jeremy to attend yet more schooling...after working a small minister job that we know cannot pay huge money. 

Really, maybe I should be paying closer attention to what Jinger is doing in life because I'm struggling and she is sipping coffee. 

Even Derick, who was blabbering about not getting paid from TLC and the NICU bill, well Derick busts out with law school and a new home.  That's a HUGE amount of money that this clown just dropped in one year. Jill is a freaking moron with her "medical thingies" but she is in a new house...something a lot of young mothers don't have. 

Well, I know how you feel. But at least some people are predicting that things won't continue to be rosy. Look at the list that somebody placed the Duggars on last year -- 

https://www.therichest.com/world-entertainment/15-reality-stars-who-are-about-to-go-broke-but-try-to-hide-it/

15 Reality Stars Who Are About To Go Broke (But Try To Hide It)

😊

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I think Jim Bob will land on his feet. He is a slippery guy who invested well, it appears. 

And despite what we say about their laziness, lateness, and shitty education, these people have seem to always have money. ALWAYS HAVE MONEY. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I agree with the joke on us.  But I dont think TLC is financing the joke.  There is an agent coordinating every speech, photo shoot, clothing line, etc.  And there is money from every photograph with a product.  Even Jill and her nonsense.

I watch one niche program I never post about.  I went to the facebook page once.  I was shocked at the number of people asking where they could send care packages to people who were not in need.  This show has minuscule ratings and most of the people featured have limited to zero social media access.  Yet, they are receiving gifts from around the world!

Like Kate Gosselin, the Duggars and the Rollofs, have monetized their lives to create an astonishing lifestyle.  Though a lifestyle I would want no part of.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I agree with the joke on us.  But I dont think TLC is financing the joke.  There is an agent coordinating every speech, photo shoot, clothing line, etc.  And there is money from every photograph with a product.  Even Jill and her nonsense.

I watch one niche program I never post about.  I went to the facebook page once.  I was shocked at the number of people asking where they could send care packages to people who were not in need.  This show has minuscule ratings and most of the people featured have limited to zero social media access.  Yet, they are receiving gifts from around the world!

Like Kate Gosselin, the Duggars and the Rollofs, have monetized their lives to create an astonishing lifestyle.  Though a lifestyle I would want no part of.

Yeah. I'd say it's definitely a "what profits a man if he gain the whole world but lose his soul" situation. 

I doubt it's healthy to be a do-nothing reality-tv idiot who's given reason to imagine that you're like an ancient god people reward with their sacrifices. 

Plus, no matter how much you're getting, there's always a significant risk that the gravy train will grind to a halt just at the time you most need it to keep going. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah. I'd say it's definitely a "what profits a man if he gain the whole world but lose his soul" situation. 

I doubt it's healthy to be a do-nothing reality-tv idiot who's given reason to imagine that you're like an ancient god people reward with their sacrifices. 

Plus, no matter how much you're getting, there's always a significant risk that the gravy train will grind to a halt just at the time you most need it to keep going. 

Jessa and Ben are like the Roloff twin boys.  Lazy ass married with zero incentive to grow up.  Jessa and Ben are the first truly stunted married couple and now they have three kids.

Joe and Kendra, and all rest younger married or to be married are pretty much so insignificant that the money train may not trickle down. None of them ever developed a tv persona.

• Love 12

One thing in Jeremy's defense,  if he put in the effort he could get a lot of those books for a lot cheaper if he is willing to scour the secondhand book market.   The leather bond sets give me pause, but he could get them significantly cheaper if he takes the time to look. 

I help out with the used book sale at my library and people will donate pristine  books that we sell for 2-4 dollars each.   We work with a used book seller to sell the more expensive items we get and those will surprise you.  The layman will think that expensive bindings mean that a book is worth more, but that is not always the case.  The monetary value is unusually in the content and not the binding.  Religious times that have been reprinted elsewhere can be found for a decent price even in pristine condition. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

One thing in Jeremy's defense,  if he put in the effort he could get a lot of those books for a lot cheaper if he is willing to scour the secondhand book market.   The leather bond sets give me pause, but he could get them significantly cheaper if he takes the time to look. 

I help out with the used book sale at my library and people will donate pristine  books that we sell for 2-4 dollars each.   We work with a used book seller to sell the more expensive items we get and those will surprise you.  The layman will think that expensive bindings mean that a book is worth more, but that is not always the case.  The monetary value is unusually in the content and not the binding.  Religious times that have been reprinted elsewhere can be found for a decent price even in pristine condition. 

I'm sure that's true!

And it makes perfect sense that he got some cheap, just as I'm sure he grifted some. 

But he has a lot of books there -- and I'm pretty sure he didn't start collecting these books until he gave up on soccer, so his collecting time has been limited -- so I'm still betting he paid full price for more than a few! ....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

So I went back and looked...the house is only 1475 sq ft and has four bedrooms.

They’re not getting those bookshelves out of there without chopping down an outside wall.

Interestingly enough, since Reverend FancyPants listed it himself, there are no photos of The Celestial Office on the real estate listings anymore, if there ever were. He might have been hoping he could move them. But if they’re attached to the wall, real estate law in many states says they convey with the house.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So I went back and looked...the house is only 1475 sq ft and has four bedrooms.

They’re not getting those bookshelves out of there without chopping down an outside wall.

Interestingly enough, since Reverend FancyPants listed it himself, there are no photos of The Celestial Office on the real estate listings anymore, if there ever were. He might have been hoping he could move them. But if they’re attached to the wall, real estate law in many states says they convey with the house.

Interesting that there was no photo of the office. He probably did figure he'd move them....And maybe he can -- The big desk is so close to the shelves it'd keep them from falling all the way over -- so maybe they're not attached...

Really, though, I think a lot of buyers would be pleased to have them gone ... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

The first two pictures are from the episode when Jinger moved into Jeremy's apartment (when Jessa put many of his books in the closet to make more room). While Jeremy did have quite a few books then, many of the books in his home office look like different ones. And he has at least twice the amount now.

The last picture is right after the shelves were built in their current house.

jeremy-apartment-before.jpg?fit=800,1jeremy-apartment-before-2.jpg?fit=800,1

Screen+Shot+2018-03-06+at+1.44.39+PM.png

Edited by GeeGolly
To make clear - 2 different homes
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The first two pictures are from the episode when Jinger moved into Jeremy's apartment (when Jessa put many of his books in the closet to make more room). While Jeremy did have quite a few books then, many of the books in his home office look like different ones. And he has at least twice the amount now.

The last picture is right after the shelves were built in their current house.

jeremy-apartment-before.jpg?fit=800,1jeremy-apartment-before-2.jpg?fit=800,1

Screen+Shot+2018-03-06+at+1.44.39+PM.png

I don't see any busts in those before pictures ... He definitely went on a bust binge.

Seems to me that's the real tell about his being decorator crazy and the hell with costs.

Unlike with the books, you can't make any argument that you need  the busts. So somebody who had any concept of a budget when they're just starting a career, plan on getting more education and are starting a family would accumulate those busts and other doodads over a longer period of time. Jer bought himself the office of somebody who's been in the ministry for 15 years right out of the gate. 

So he can take selfies sitting in it. 

Because if he's been busy counseling people there, as he claims, where are the additional comfortable chairs for them to sit in and the small table where you put the coffee or water that the pastor would offer them to drink? 

His office is primarily the stage set for his greater glory. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
(edited)

Well I just googled how much money do the Duggars make for an episode of counting on and according to this article: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/how-much-money-duggars-make-per-episode-counting-on.html/ it’s between $25,000-$41,000. So they haven’t got a clue I guess, but wow that’s a lot of money! No wonder why they didn’t want to let the tv show go, regardless of the crap they said about it wouldn’t affect them. Who wouldn’t want that kind of money just to be followed around by a camera crew.

Edited by Puffin
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

But that's $25K - $41K an episode for everybody, and when you start dividing it up it's not a lot. Especially now that there a just a few episodes each season. I'd like to think that Boob doesn't get his hands on most of it since the show features just some of his (adult) children. I'd like to think that each of the kidults gets paid directly by the production company or TLC or whoever cuts the checks.

Let's say the pay (appearance fees, as I understand what it is) is divided roughly equally into five parts: one each for the Seewalds, the Vuolos, Josiah/Lauren, Joe/Kendra, and the rest of the family. That becomes roughly $5K to $8.5K per couple, times how many episodes, which these days is what, six per year? Even at nine episodes a year, that's nice money but not fabulous money, and that's before taxes.

OTOH it's possible that Boob has all the kidults so firmly under his thumb that they all consented to work through some Boob-created entity with which the production company or TLC contracts directly. I just can't see Jeremy going along with that nonsense, though. Hmm. . . 

I wish Derick weren't so crazy and totally unbelievable. He did say that he and Jill were "volunteers" on the show which I do not believe for a hot minute. Another Hmm. . . 

• Love 10