Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

He may not be as crazy as his in-laws, but he is a famewhore with an ego the size of Alaska, California, Texas and Montana combined. He uses his wife and baby to make himself look good, does not really work, thinks God believes he is the be all, end all of the universe, and every place he goes people will stop and bow to his greatness. So yes, in a lot of ways he is like his in-laws.

I remember when Jeremy was first courting Jinger and he used to give her those crappy airport gift shop bouquets. Her engagement ring was pretty small as well. I'm not trying to equate love with money, but I find it interesting that Jeremy put in the bare minimum when it came to wooing his wife, yet doesn't think twice about buying himself designer clothes, custom bookshelves and fancy ink pens. I do believe he loves Jinger, but I also believe she was a means to an end. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I remember when Jeremy was first courting Jinger and he used to give her those crappy airport gift shop bouquets. Her engagement ring was pretty small as well. I'm not trying to equate love with money, but I find it interesting that Jeremy put in the bare minimum when it came to wooing his wife, yet doesn't think twice about buying himself designer clothes, custom bookshelves and fancy ink pens. I do believe he loves Jinger, but I also believe she was a means to an end. 

Sadly I think Jermeme loves Jinger has long as she is useful to him. I think he might be the one who would cheat on a Duggar daughter, and everyone will blame Jinger for it.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Sadly I think Jermeme loves Jinger has long as she is useful to him. I think he might be the one who would cheat on a Duggar daughter, and everyone will blame Jinger for it.

Jeremy loves Jinger because she loves him!

I never thought of Jeremy cheating but yeah, I could see that.  Plus, Jeremy has been around the block...he might miss some of his "famed youth" and go looking for it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

Jeremy loves Jinger because she loves him!

I never thought of Jeremy cheating but yeah, I could see that.  Plus, Jeremy has been around the block...he might miss some of his "famed youth" and go looking for it. 

A lot of people cheat on their spouse- a lot, a lot. I could certainly see Jeremy stepping out for the reasons “typical” people do BUT I don’t think he would be cruel to Jinger or publicly embarrass her. 1. Because it would just make his entire family look bad and he’s into image, 2. It would serve no purpose. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

A lot of people cheat on their spouse- a lot, a lot. I could certainly see Jeremy stepping out for the reasons “typical” people do BUT I don’t think he would be cruel to Jinger or publicly embarrass her. 1. Because it would just make his entire family look bad and he’s into image, 2. It would serve no purpose. 

That is true too. 

13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It did not stop Smugs. We all know the Duggars are into their image which lead to the coverup of the molestation scandal hitting the fan.

35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It did not stop Smugs. We all know the Duggars are into their image which lead to the coverup of the molestation scandal hitting the fan.

I think Jeremy is a better person than Smuggar (that’s not saying much) and far more intelligent. Jeremy KNOWS what a big scandal can do to the family. I also think he respects Jinger more than Smuggar ever respected Anna. Jeremy never thought he was entitled to molest his 5yrs old sister- his SISTER!!!

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Jeremy is a better person than Smuggar (that’s not saying much) and far more intelligent. Jeremy KNOWS what a big scandal can do to the family. I also think he respects Jinger more than Smuggar ever respected Anna. Jeremy never thought he was entitled to molest his 5yrs old sister- his SISTER!!!

So true! I can tolerate Jermeme up to a certain point over Smugs the devil made me do it Duggar.

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Too, Smugs had already gotten away with the molestation for years before it came back to bite him. 

As much as he was obviously old enough to know what he was doing was not acceptable when he was a young teen, he still probably hadn't matured enough to really think through the repercussions if it became public knowledge. By the time of his Ashley Madison mess, I think he had just settled into feeling invulnerable to actually getting caught.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Too, Smugs had already gotten away with the molestation for years before it came back to bite him. 

As much as he was obviously old enough to know what he was doing was not acceptable when he was a young teen, he still probably hadn't matured enough to really think through the repercussions if it became public knowledge. By the time of his Ashley Madison mess, I think he had just settled into feeling invulnerable to actually getting caught.

I do not think Smugs has ever been matured. I still think Jerememe is the type who would cheat and try to find ways to cover it up. He reminds me of the one politician who ran for VP who had an affair with a woman while his wife was dying from cancer and had a staff member pretend he was the father of the baby instead of admitting he was the father because *gasp* it would hurt his image and ruin any political career. And no, I am not saying he is cheating on her.

I think Jerememe cares for Jinger, but he seems like the type who only love and respects a woman as long as she goes along with what he wants and makes him look good.

Edited by bigskygirl
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Smugs has ever been matured. I still think Jerememe is the type who would cheat and try to find ways to cover it up. He reminds me of the one politician who ran for VP who had an affair with a woman while his wife was dying from cancer and had a staff member pretend he was the father of the baby instead of admitting he was the father because *gasp* it would hurt his image and ruin any political career. And no, I am not saying he is cheating on her.

I think Jerememe cares for Jinger, but he seems like the type who only love and respects a woman as long as she goes along with what he wants and makes him look good.

I think you are talking about John Edwards from NC. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I don't see any Duggar or Duggar adjacent going down the John Edwards path.  If Jeremy was to cheat, I think it would be an emotional affair probably with an educated more worldly woman than Jinger while still being intimate with Jinger.  If anything,  I think these men are more likely to go down the marital rape path than to seek out another woman.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't see any Duggar or Duggar adjacent going down the John Edwards path.  If Jeremy was to cheat, I think it would be an emotional affair probably with an educated more worldly woman than Jinger while still being intimate with Jinger.  If anything,  I think these men are more likely to go down the marital rape path than to seek out another woman.

Umm I disagree. I don’t think Jeremy would rape Jinger. Smuggar absolutely. Also tons of men have sex with their mistresses/other women, while still enjoying sex with their wife. Seeking out an affair (usually) has nothing to do with not having sex (or the kind of sex you want) with your spouse (sometimes yes, but the majority of the time no). Not saying you disagree with that just pointing that out  

I do agree with you that I see Jeremy being smart enough to choose another married woman with something to lose to cheat with rather than a single woman who wanted to be his next wife or baby momma. 

Its my personal belief that married/partnered people should ONLY have affairs with other married/partnered people. It’s when one person is single people get emotionally messed up and sloppy, and someone doesn’t understand what the relationship is for or their place. 

• Love 7

I can see Reverend FancyPants trading Jinger in for a younger, hotter model in about ten years to assuage his ego and make for better eye candy.

If his LA career implodes the way it’s likely to his ego is going to take a severe beating. And he’s pretty insecure now.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think he would seek out an educated more worldly woman because I cannot picture him trying to have a half way decent intelligent conversation with Jinger. I actually could not see anyone having a decent conversation with a Duggar. Jerememe probably thinks any woman would fall at his feet and tell him he is so darn special.

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I cannot picture him trying to have a half way decent intelligent conversation with Jinger

But honestly, can anyone see Jeremy having a REAL half-way decent intelligent conversation with anyone? I can see him having a conversation he thinks is an intelligent one...but one that most of us would consider half-way decent? I can't.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

But honestly, can anyone see Jeremy having a REAL half-way decent intelligent conversation with anyone? I can see him having a conversation he thinks is an intelligent one...but one that most of us would consider half-way decent? I can't.

My cat has more intelligent conversations with her litter box.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If his LA career implodes the way it’s likely to his ego is going to take a severe beating. And he’s pretty insecure now.

My prediction is that his LA career isn't going to be substantial enough for an implosion. Now, if he has a stash of money somewhere and spends/invests wisely, he can fake it for a good long while if they keep to just a couple of kids. 

Edited by Abstract
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Abstract said:

My prediction is that his LA career isn't going to be substantial enough for an implosion. Now, if he has a stash of money somewhere and spends/invests wisely, he can fake it for a good long while if they keep to just a couple of kids. 

Well,  he could fake it in Laredo. But if he tried to stay in the LA area, I think it'd be a heckuva lot harder to fake it. 

In either case, though, it depends on exactly what they've been doing with their TLC money, unless he really does have an inheritance or the like invested somewhere.

No way have his sports or church careers left him with much cash by this point. Both way too short.  

I wonder if this likely scenario of really having to fake it until he makes it (or gives up and does something easier) has crossed his mind and, if so, whether it has had an impact on his spending and investing habits. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Abstract said:

My prediction is that his LA career isn't going to be substantial enough for an implosion.

Yeah, they've moving for him to go to the seminary.  I don't see anything more happening for him than to graduate from seminary and then have to find a new church somewhere unless he gets very serious about learning new preaching techniques and how to build a congregation.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I can see Reverend FancyPants trading Jinger in for a younger, hotter model in about ten years to assuage his ego and make for better eye candy.

If their marriage did split over cheating, that's my opinion on how it would down. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

n her new world she will be part of a group of ambitious, probably far more educated, woman.  Woman who have not spent most of the their lives on a TLC show nor dressing up and posing in endless photo shoots with a baby because Babe tells her to.

I've visited that church since it came up with Jeremy.  I don't think she's going to have a problem as long as they stay within that or similar circles.  "Intelligent conversation" was not abounding.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I've visited that church since it came up with Jeremy.  I don't think she's going to have a problem as long as they stay within that or similar circles.  "Intelligent conversation" was not abounding.

Would you, ahem, be willing to scout it out for us once they show up? 😀 No pressure. Just nosy. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Would you, ahem, be willing to scout it out for us once they show up? 😀 No pressure. Just nosy. 

I'm considering it.  If I do go to church and manage to see them, I'm sure I can write about it. 

• Love 14
On 5/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, Sew Sumi said:

More humble bragging from Jeremy. He also reveals in the comments that his theology is Reformed (surprise, I know).

eta: 4 pics

New commercial on tv.

Imagine Dereck with his unhinged jaw and looney eyes smiling sitting there.  Walks in Jeremy sits down next to Dereck...

Best lawyer in town and his spoke person fighting crime in Texas!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

New commercial on tv.

Imagine Dereck with his unhinged jaw and looney eyes smiling sitting there.  Walks in Jeremy sits down next to Dereck...

Best lawyer in town and his spoke person fighting crime in Texas!

Hello! Once again my name is Jeremy! I have added a new person in my law office. Introducing my brother-in-law Deredick errr... I meant Dullwood...I mean Derick. Please do not let his bad jaw and his looney eyes scare you. If you have been called out on social media by someone who does not believe the way you try to tell the heathens of the world they are totally wrong is not appropriate, and they ask you personal questions about your finances, we are your team. We also will help you get money from your famewhore of a father-in-law who thinks he does not pay you when your giggly clinging wife who thinks she is playing house with you gets knock up as soon as the ink is dried on your marriage office, I will put freak face, darn it I mean Derick to work on your case until I am errr...you are totally satisfied. The number to call is 1-800-iloveme or to contact Deredick, Dullwood, Derewood, or what ever nickname you can come up with, please call 1-800-freakme. Now if you please excuse me, I need to take a long hard look in the mirror to remind myself how great I look compared to freakme...darn it...I need to come up with a better name for my new employee. Once again the numbers are 1-800-iloveme or 1-800-freakme.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

That photo looks like a caricature. He needs a monocle and a gramophone to complete the look.

ETA: And a raven. 

😂😂😂

Maybe it's a secret Bond villain audition. 😎

• LOL 5

Now that Jessa has her own turban-head to exhibit, Jing can switch Felicity over to the smaller, decorative barrettes and hair clips like she's wearing above.  Big sister Jessa can take the hand-me-down wraps.  😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Not exactly packing the house, is he...

They're probably so broken-hearted he's leaving they can't stop weeping long enough to drive to the service. 

One thing I find curious is that when I've looked at his congregations they seem to be pretty male-dominated. I've wondered whether I've just imagined that but I think I see that here, too. Don't know what to make of it, if it's true ... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 5/31/2019 at 9:50 AM, bigskygirl said:

I think he would seek out an educated more worldly woman because I cannot picture him trying to have a half way decent intelligent conversation with Jinger.

I think Jeremy likes the fact that he's smarter than Jinger. My bet is that any conversation not about Felicity consists of Jeremy talking and Jinger agreeing with him. I just can't see Jeremy wanting an educated, more worldly woman who might call him on his shit. What I can see is him wanting someone with more experience in bed, since I'm guessing Duggar sex is pretty dull.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That photo looks like a caricature. He needs a monocle and a gramophone to complete the look.

Did someone request a raven?

bran-stark-1.jpg

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

Wow! I'm a retired pastor, and I've never had an office that impressive. Of course my office (like most pastors I've known) was decorated in pictures children drew for me and a couple of vacation Bible school boxes, a box of kleenex and mission trip snapshots. 

Yes, I sort of get the impression if he were tasked with doing any actual ministry work in that office (like, say, counseling a struggling family with several small screaming children who might want to touch everything in the office), he'd suggest they meet elsewhere. It very much seems like a trophy office for show rather than work. Not that I think he worked too much elsewhere. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

I am guessing Jeremy spends more time deciding what to wear than actually working on sermons or counseling. Who has time for doing their job when they have to pick out the perfect pocket square for their outfit?

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

I was looking at that study picture again, and I really think that Jeremy MUST have inherited some money. That study represents literally thousands of dollars in books and "art." If you consider that, and the thousands of dollars in clothes for himself, Jinger, and Felicity, and the house -- it doesn't add up any other way. If he had a job -- other than being pastor of a church with 20 parishioners -- I might buy that he was running up credit card debt. No one would give him that kind of credit, though, not to mention a mortgage, with no real income.

Even if I believed that JB would offer any of his children a cut of the proceeds from the years of their lives that they spent on-camera (and I don't believe he would part with a nickel), Jinger's portion of the TLC proceeds (say a 1/20th share) would hardly have put them on easy street.

Maybe he sees this all as an investment in his future -- and it's entirely possible that it will work. He's a reasonably attractive white man of modest intelligence. He's not threatening in any way, and he's more than happy to suck up to anyone, and everyone who might help him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

It looks like he has to climb over the desk to get behind it, which would necessitate Jingle ushering people in for their audience once Jer was ready to receive. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2