Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

He owned (and still does by proxy of his kids) a FUCKING TOWING SERVICE. But I'm sure he helped all those people for free. Mhm.

How much of a loser do you have to be to suck up to Jim Bob Duggar?

Hahahaha EXACTLY my first thought!!!! When we were stopped in Jacksonville, this really nice man helped us with our flat tire. He then led us WAY off the road to a sketchy looking car shop, where we got the tire replaced. I think the guy was a good guy, but the cynical part of me felt he worked for them, especially when he said he "often" brought stranded motorists there. I soooo see JB saying, "I know of a great towing company! Let me give them a call for you!"

• Love 21

Do they still have the towing business? JD used to run it, but he hasn't done it for years. I guess the twins could have taken it over? Mr. Google wasn't very helpful; the listings were at least five years old. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Zella said:

I feel like there's got to be some ulterior motive for sucking up to Jim Bob. I can't believe that Jim Bob or Jeremy like each other because they have been so disdainful of each other in the past, so there's got to be an intended grift behind it. 

Bingo. 

Perhaps future events will unwind this mystery for us....

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do they still have the towing business? JD used to run it, but he hasn't done it for years. I guess the twins could have taken it over? Mr. Google wasn't very helpful; the listings were at least five years old. 

I remember JD did it before the airline took off. A lot of Jim Bob's business go 'dormant' to be picked up or shut down as is convenient, depending on what staff (kids) need them, and probably however useful they are as a tax dodge at that moment.

• Love 12

I see Jeremy's post as a random olive branch to his wife's father.

I don't particularly care for my mother-in-law, but it's neither something I SAY to my husband, nor DEMONSTRATE to him.  And while I don't have social media account that I use to communicate to the world at large, occasionally find something either flattering or charitable to say about her, because she's his mom.  It's what you do when you love somebody, but not necessarily somebody they love.  

I don't see anything sketchy or nefarious behind it, but as always, YMMV. 

• Love 14

My psychiatrist admits he is surprised at the percentage of his female patients who present with bulimia as a secondary issue. 

Bulimia also doesn’t work, so please don’t waste time and effort on it.  

I don’t think Jinger’s weight during or after her pregnancy is concerning. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I don't particularly care for my mother-in-law, but it's neither something I SAY to my husband, nor DEMONSTRATE to him.  And while I don't have social media account that I use to communicate to the world at large, occasionally find something either flattering or charitable to say about her, because she's his mom.  It's what you do when you love somebody, but not necessarily somebody they love.  

I don't doubt this is true for many people, but Jeremy's social media presence seems far too carefully cultivated and curated for anything he does to seem random.

• Love 13

I had a flat tire/blow out a few years ago on my way home from work. It seemed by the time I pulled over & got my car in Park,  I had at least 3 cars of good samaritans stop & ask if I needed help or offered me the use of their phone incl a car full of teenage girls. I was impressed & it restored my faith in mankind if only for a little bit.  Jeremy makes it sounds like JB is the only good samaritan in their part of town. Which is hard to believe after my incident.  

I definitely agree  about JB drumming up business for the tow truck co. I can picture him sitting in an old lawn chair hiding in a bush on the side of a country road waiting for a victim to ride over nails he conveniently placed a few yards back.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't doubt this is true for many people, but Jeremy's social media presence seems far too carefully cultivated and curated for anything he does to seem random.

My mistake in using the word "Random".  I think while it was planned, it appears as one of those off-the-cuff remarks people make on occasion.  He may want to ignore her family, but that won't be possible.  So I think he deliberately cultivates goodwill because he loves his wife.  

• Love 2

I think what bugs me about that post is, Jeremy suggests no one else has ever stopped before Jim Bob saves the day. Perhaps no one else had been through there, or if anyone had, they didn’t stop simply for safety reasons. I’m sure people have assisted others, and Jim Bob is not the only “Good Samaritan” on the road.

The post is annoying.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 24
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

But does JB even follow Twitter? Somehow I doubt it. So JereME is doing nothing but sharing this with millions of strangers.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But does JB even follow Twitter? Somehow I doubt it. So JereME is doing nothing but sharing this with millions of strangers.

Yep. But that's pretty much the only thing any of them ever does, isn't it? 

I mean -- when JB and M send those "birthday greetings" via social media to their children.....and sign them     "Mom and Dad Duggar."     lol

The whole clan gives new meaning to "All the world's a stage." (Not that any of them knows that line, of course. ha)

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Zella said:

I feel like there's got to be some ulterior motive for sucking up to Jim Bob. 

I think Jeremy is slick and hedging his bets. Maybe Si and Lauren's house will eventually be turned into a church and he wants to be the lead pastor. Or he wants to stay in Boob's good graces in the event that he and Jingle need help at some point down the road. Whatever's going on, I don't think he decided to pay tribute to his father-in-law out of nowhere. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think Jim Bob has at least a dozen people keeping him up-to-date on anything and everything on social media that mentions him & his family.  

And I agree, Jeremy always hedges his bets.  And why not?  There is no downside for him to be magnanimous to his in-laws.  

52 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I think Jim Bob has at least a dozen people keeping him up-to-date on anything and everything on social media that mentions him & his family.  

And I agree, Jeremy always hedges his bets.  And why not?  There is no downside for him to be magnanimous to his in-laws.  

Speaking only for myself, I react badly to the comment because I don't believe that Jim Bob is some ardent Good Samaritan roaming northwest Arkansas roads to help people out from the goodness of his heart! .... I think JB is a total user, con man, grifter and all-around xenophobe, always has been and always will be, forever and ever, amen. And whatever he's doing, he has some ulterior all-for-JB-all-the-time motive to it.  

And since I also believe it's likely that Jer is at least somewhat skeptical of JB being a man of generosity and charity and niceness-to-strangers, too, I see it as a fat lie he's telling to compliment his father-in-law. Because he knows it's how tacky lying grifter Jim Bob likes to be portrayed to others.

I do get what you're saying about Jer quite possibly complimenting JB just to be nice to Jingle and to keep peace in the family -- and I think that certainly could be his reason! I don't really disagree with you there.

However, even if that IS Jer's reason -- On my interpretation of JB, either Jer's being a big phony by complimenting him with a lie that he knows JB will love and probably tries to promote for his (in my opinion) always-selfish purposes, OR Jer's a dumbass who's swallowed hook, line and sinker this myth that JB's promoting about himself.....

Since I've thought that Jer really can't stand JB AND isn't dumb enough to believe the JB myths that JB likes to perpetrate, I'm inclined to believe it's the former. .... So, that being the case, my feeling is that if Jer wants to be nice to Boob to create pleasantness in the family, I can respect that only as long as his compliments are of the relatively honest and accurate variety -- not undeserved hagiography (aka bullshit about Boob being the Good Samaritan of Arkansas!)!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think it's entirely possible that JB has helped out the occasional stranded motorist. Whatever we think of him, JB thinks of himself as a "good Christian man." He has no job, and nothing to do, and nowhere to be, and he may very  well stop every now and then to help change a tire. And, unlike the other areas where the Duggars are "experts," I think he has some basic knowledge of cars, and car repair.

It's also my understanding that he never goes anywhere without an "accountability partner." In that case, stopping to help a stranded motorist give him the opportunity to show off, and I don't think he likes to pass up an opportunity to LOOK like a good guy.

The word that I would question is "often."

Exactly. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
On 10/12/2018 at 3:26 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Oh, Baaabe. And here I thought you might have a backbone.

Fortunately, yesterday I made cake, so if you’ll excuse me, I must go tend to my Chocolate Cake Ministry.

I want to have a margarita ministry.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Has anyone figured why Jeremy doesn't have be at his own church very often ?

I don't think so..... I haven't heard an explanation. And he's still listed as THE one and only pastor of the place.

But I wonder whether it might be because there are WAY more than the three Duggar adjacents running around hoping to get big ministry jobs somewhere....Maybe wherever there's a big-time fundie pastor (like Tim Conway of Jer's planting church in San Antonio...or Ronnie Floyd of Der's Cross Church in Arkansas)  there are so many young fundie guys aspiring to be a most-favored mentee that you can always find one panting to show his stuff somewhere in any given week? I can imagine this being a very hot-looking job prospect to those who want to make a living by telling everybody what to do. If you don't do much actual pastoring of people (and I don't get the impression that Jer or the other two adjacents do, although I could be missing something) it sure beats working! Just stand up and drone on.

If so, that wouldn't say much for the Dugg adjacents' job prospects, especially if they ever lose their TeeVee exposure.... TeeVee fame tends to be fleeting, in many cases, I think.

Edited by Churchhoney
apostrophes were invented for a reason
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I want to have a margarita ministry.

7 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Perhaps we could combine it with my chips and guac ministry. 

7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And once I start my dessert ministry we will be all set!

6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Red wine + chocolate.  That shall be my ministry.  

How can I not make a bundle on those two?

3 hours ago, awaken said:

LOL, I’m starting a banana bread ministry like Jill!  Except I’ll give out big slices!  

God Bless You. You are all doing the Lord's work.  

• Love 23
20 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don’t know which one of your ministries to choose. You are all welcome to stop by to proselytize so that I can make up my mind. Bring examples.

I would but I only eat the tacos cant make them.  I'm  a polish American woman from Cleveland 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

God Bless You. You are all doing the Lord's work.  

And now we’re excused from getting jobs!  Now we can live on love offerings since we’re in full time ministry!  The lord is good indeed!

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

May I have a I'm Hating My Job and Wanna Quit ministry? Not sure what good it do for others though. Is doing good for others a requirement? 

Let me be the first to join your ministry.

• Love 5