Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Let's not forget the Duggars' famous TaterTot casserole: frozen TatorTots, canned creamed soups, milk, and cheese mixed together and baked in large pans and fed to all. I bet every Duggar daughter--including Jinger--can make that one in her sleep. 

And the freezer "cake" made out of dozens of ice cream sandwiches and covered with Cool Whip (I'm sure a generic brand).

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It looks as if Jinger tried to use a gingerbread girl cookie cutter. That worked for the meat but made the bread look like a snowman. 

I was a bad mother. Maybe once or twice I made cute food, but mostly food was served in its normal shape.  

Thank you…. I was trying to figure out what the pink things were, I decided it was pink paper napkins cut in gingerbread shape 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Thank you…. I was trying to figure out what the pink things were, I decided it was pink paper napkins cut in gingerbread shape 😂

Lol it’s definitely turkey 

• LOL 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I miss Jinger posing/pretending to cook in fancy clothes in the fancy kitchen 

Oh wow, I forgot all about that brief "Jinger can cook look here she is in our big tricked out kitchen cooking me all the foods!" IG time period.  But when Jeremy yanks them from poseur trick to poseur trick so quickly, we tend to forget all the crap that came before.

18 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Do toddlers eat pieces of lettuce covered in creamy dressing? The big salad and the sad sandwich don't quite fit together. 

Maybe it's Jeremy's lunch. 

hahahahahaha as if Jeremy would eat something so pedestrian and for the unwashed masses as iceberg lettuce and plain turkey.  He was probably waiting in his office, sorting his fountain pens by color, waiting for Jinger to bring him his sandwich with organic roast beef and aged cheddar, stone-ground mustard, avocado slices and hand-washed kale that he can scarf before he heads to downtown LA for his real lunch.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 24
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Sardines are worse than tuna 

Jinger has yet to post dinner time tater tot casserole with big salad and fresh bread either

Probably because there's no way Jeremy would eat that. Its too lowbrow food for him to eat. He expects better.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Luca Vuolo sounds nice 

or Enzo 

Wonder if they will have more kids or are done.

Probably at least one more. Maybe two if the next one is a girl. Jeremy probably wants to try for a boy.

4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Was just watching bits of Disney's Luca with granddaughter yesterday, and was struck by how much the bully/villain character, Ercole, remided me of Jermy....Lots of similar mannerisms, even.

Quoting myself to add that the character's name in the movie is Ercole Visconti. 

Is that not a name that RFP would positively revel in?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

When is the last time Vuolo family visited Ma and Pa Duggar?

What’s his face’s wedding? The one that married Hilaria’s daughter? Claire and… J somebody?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

You're not alone, I thought it was a pink cardboard cutout before someone mentioned meat and I realized it had to be turkey.

BTW, we need to stop throwing shade at JB for his tuna with BBQ sauce.  Check out this variety of Starkist Tuna Creations.  Maybe JB was just at the cutting edge of fine tuna dining. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I wonder if Jeremy avoids meals at the TTH. He would be disgusted by anything they serve.

Man that would be awkward. Frozen lasagna, peas out of a can, and burned frozen rolls for mr LA foodie. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 11:44 AM, BradandJanet said:

It looks as if Jinger tried to use a gingerbread girl cookie cutter. That worked for the meat but made the bread look like a snowman. 

I was a bad mother. Maybe once or twice I made cute food, but mostly food was served in its normal shape.  

When I was a kid and my aunt, cousin or grandmother cut the crust off the bread for my sandwich I was thrilled!  I thought that was FANCY. 😍 

Is Jeremy taking classes this summer or taking time off?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

When I was a kid and my aunt, cousin or grandmother cut the crust off the bread for my sandwich I was thrilled!  I thought that was FANCY. 😍 

Is Jeremy taking classes this summer or taking time off?

In one of his many bios this summer, he said he's "finishing up" a couple courses. Whatever that means. Maybe he got an extension to complete coursework from spring semester because he's JMac's pet?

Who the fuck knows. He can't write clearly for shit.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

I listen to a Duggar snark podcast called Side Hugs. The hosts were saying that Jeremy has been in seminary school since 2017 and it seems like he should be done by now, but maybe Covid messed up the timeline.  Either way, he's got what might be the easiest course load of any college student ever based on his many vacations, meals out, date nights, golf rounds and the general goofing off of someone who seems unemployed but also has strangely unlimited sources of cash. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Ooh, thanks, I’ll have to check out “Side Hugs”. Sounds like fun

i’m not sure how COVID could have delayed Jeremy’s studies, though, since MacArthur spent the past year and a half claiming it was all a hoax and demanding that his flock pretend it wasn’t happening.

Side Hugs is great if you don't mind vocal fry and lots of F-bombs.  They did a three-part review of The Hope We Hold that was so good, I don't feel any need to actually read the book anymore.  Saves me from going to the library in a hoodie and sunglasses.

And yeah, I didn't think that Covid thing through very well.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Ooh, thanks, I’ll have to check out “Side Hugs”. Sounds like fun

i’m not sure how COVID could have delayed Jeremy’s studies, though, since MacArthur spent the past year and a half claiming it was all a hoax and demanding that his flock pretend it wasn’t happening.

Who is MacArthur?

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, Jeremy doesn’t  seem to fit that group, imo.  I wonder if he’s working on another strategy.  

I think Jeremy actually does fit in that he agrees with a lot of their hateful ideology but likes that they have an upscale image. He just doesn't want people to call him out on his hateful beliefs, so he downplays them. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I think Jeremy actually does fit in that he agrees with a lot of their hateful ideology but likes that they have an upscale image. He just doesn't want people to call him out on his hateful beliefs, so he downplays them. 

Oh, I see.  From what I read about the church, I’m surprised they have such a large following in LA.   It’s quite archaic, imo. I grew up in it.  The leader is up in age though.  Perhaps, things will evolve when he dies or retires.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy probably considers himself like David Miscavidge and wants to take over once McArthur crosses the rainbow bridge

Really?  Idk.  That type of church is tough.  I wonder how Jeremy really feels.  If Jeremy has any kind of intellectual curiosity, it will be a challenge to stay in that group.  I would think he might find a more progressive group. He may seem very church bent, but he seems to want to be considered cool and where he is won’t provide that, imo.  

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I see.  From what I read about the church, I’m surprised they have such a large following in LA.   It’s quite archaic, imo. I grew up in it.  The leader is up in age though.  Perhaps, things will evolve when he dies or retires.  

So far, all MacArthur's numerous seconds and thirds in command appear to believe just exactly what he believes. He's renowned for not putting up with any dissension in his ranks.

And he has fervent following who seem to love that and love his pronouncements and beliefs. And since the up-and-comers in the organization clearly all hope to inherit that following, I expect they'll continue with the same philosophies. At least until they learn otherwise. 

Jeremy made a very clear choice to attend MacArthur's seminary. Most seminaries in the U.S. now do allow some women in at least some classes and also have female teachers, for at least some subjects -- like foreign language or history. 

MacArthur proudly and loudly bans women from either of those things. The wives of his students have little how-to-be-a-pastor's-wife classlets they can attend. But other than that -- it's God Does Not Allow For Any Woman To Instruct Any Pastor In Anything. Because that would be putting that woman in some way above the pastor -- who is God's direct mouthpiece on Earth -- and God made clear when he made Eve secondarily that her daughters were NEVER to have any such leadership-over-men positions. 

There's no way in hell that Jer didn't know this -- and quite a few other hideous MacArthurisms! -- when he super-enthusiastically chose this seminary (one of the very few remaining who have these attitudes) over all others! 

So he fits in perfectly. But he also wants to be a contemporary cool hipster dude and an athlete and so on. So he wears clothing that seems to put him at odds with the MacArthur views. But that's just camouflage. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
(edited)
19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Really?  Idk.  That type of church is tough.  I wonder how Jeremy really feels.  If Jeremy has any kind of intellectual curiosity, it will be a challenge to stay in that group.  I would think he might find a more progressive group. He may seem very church bent, but he seems to want to be considered cool and where he is won’t provide that, imo.  

Despite what appearances may suggest to some, Jer absolutely shuns progressivism. Have you heard his Laredo sermons about satanic Catholic hordes all over Texas and stuff about Jade of TLC fame that's at least as hateful as Derick's stuff -- and much more? Like his rants against preachers who say they have sympathy for gay people? 

MacArthur also wrote an infamous letter bashing any Christian who believes in taking any action related to increasing women's rights or racial equality or tolerance of homosexuality. A very very strong letter saying that if a Christian brings that stuff up as a priority it proves that that person is not truly a Christian -- because a Christian simply puts Jesus first and shuts up about the other stuff. 

Jer was invited to be one of the first signers of that letter and he proudly did so. So he isn't interested in progressivism. He just likes fashion and trendy restaurants. 

Another thing Jer's sermons prove is that he has little or no intellect and no intellectual curiosity whatsoever, in my opinion. He talks like a dolt in them. They're illogical, unclear, uninteresting, the same parroted boring stuff over and over. 

What he likes about sermonizing is standing up in front of people in really nice clothes. Seeing a whole lot of eyes turned up towards him. And then getting to tell these people what to do. 

So the whole MacArthur thing? Perfect for Jer, when you've taken a close look at Jer, as far as I can tell. 

Now...is it possible that anyone can change? Sure. But Jer's over 30 now and anti-progressive as all get out, based on his record up to now. And he'd surely love to stay in the MacArthur fold, for LA if for nothing else. So it'll take some kind of major event to change him, I think. .... Maybe something about his kids....Or -- maybe the MacArthur congregation will want something new....However, not clear how likely that is, since there are always conservative people hanging around in any religion, it seems. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Zella said:

31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So far, all MacArthur's numerous seconds and thirds in command appear to believe just exactly what he believes. He's renowned for not putting up with any dissension in his ranks.

So he fits in perfectly. But he also wants to be a contemporary cool hipster dude and an athlete and so on. So he wears clothing that seems to put him at odds with the MacArthur views. But that's just camouflage. 

This is one of the things that makes me so irate about the false narrative that Jeremy gives his followers about his life.  If Jeremy is under Johnny Mac in every way, and JM doesn't suffer fools, then why is Jeremy trying so hard to be such a hipster wanker and keep his true opinions to himself for the 'Gram?  Does he think he's not being carefully watched by his fellow seminarians, especially since Jeremy seems to really be enjoying his position as Johnny's pet poster boy?  How is he walking this very fine line and not getting tossed out of seminary?  It's like he's flaunting his dissention and daring anyone to do anything about it.

@Churchhoney, you mentioned the letter that Jeremy proudly signed (probably with a brand-new fountain pen), regarding intolerance for homosexuality.  But not long ago, he photographed one of his supposed lunch buddies, a guy wearing nail polish.  And while I would not judge this man based on what he chooses to wear, wouldn't that be exactly the kind of person Jeremy should NOT be associating with if he's following John Mac's marching orders?

I feel like Jeremy is the very worst of the posers because he presents himself one way, but that's not him at all.  If he's going to be an intolerant coward, then be that.  But he needs to quit trying to convince everyone else that he's not just so he can score a free cheeseburger and a round of golf.  I guess the bottom line is that I don't understand how he's getting away with it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This is one of the things that makes me so irate about the false narrative that Jeremy gives his followers about his life.  If Jeremy is under Johnny Mac in every way, and JM doesn't suffer fools, then why is Jeremy trying so hard to be such a hipster wanker and keep his true opinions to himself for the 'Gram?  Does he think he's not being carefully watched by his fellow seminarians, especially since Jeremy seems to really be enjoying his position as Johnny's pet poster boy?  How is he walking this very fine line and not getting tossed out of seminary?  It's like he's flaunting his dissention and daring anyone to do anything about it.

@Churchhoney, you mentioned the letter that Jeremy proudly signed (probably with a brand-new fountain pen), regarding intolerance for homosexuality.  But not long ago, he photographed one of his supposed lunch buddies, a guy wearing nail polish.  And while I would not judge this man based on what he chooses to wear, wouldn't that be exactly the kind of person Jeremy should NOT be associating with if he's following John Mac's marching orders?

I feel like Jeremy is the very worst of the posers because he presents himself one way, but that's not him at all.  If he's going to be an intolerant coward, then be that.  But he needs to quit trying to convince everyone else that he's not just so he can score a free cheeseburger and a round of golf.  I guess the bottom line is that I don't understand how he's getting away with it.

Yeah, I feel the same way......I do wonder, though, whether Jer isn't mainly just a kind pf empty-brained striver who'll just take any possible path he can see to becoming popular, famous, rich and "influential." Whether he's, yeah, a person who behaves hypocritically....but who's almost too shallow to take seriously enough to really blame for it in a particularly serious way.  

Like, he's not a smirking villain doing harm behind the scenes because of his duplicity. But he's just an insecure kind of dopy guy who really really really wants to be a big deal and just flails around grabbing at anything that looks like it might help him become that....The guy with the nail polish was willing to give Jer and his book a spot on his podcast and a seat at a presumed celebrity hotspot restaurant, so of course he'd take that! (And then, of course, there's always a good possibility that the nail-polish guy is also a strong evangelical Protestant of some type and just doesn't know the beliefs of Jer's specific church. I'm sure none of MacArthur's more out-there beliefs made into J&J's tome.....!)

I'm sure Jer doesn't think anything through. HIs social-media and business attempts (for a person who has taken quite a few undergrad and graduate business courses) prove that, to me, at least. So it's not clear to me that he actually registers anything about hypocrisy when he portrays himself really differently in different situations. It's all just motivated by stuff he's grabbing for....And how could anything he wants be a bad thing or conflict with anything else he wants! He wants to tell people about Jesus and have them admire him while he shows off every single pair of Jordan shoes ever sold! What could possibly be hypocritical about that? 

Maybe I feel this way because I have a hard time envisioning him actually accomplishing much, including doing much harm in life.

To me, he doesn't show either the brains or the charisma to be able to really lead many people anywhere or deceive anybody in a way that would be substantive.......I really don't see a lot of athletic-shoe lovers flocking to his misogynistic, homophobic religion because of his influence, for example. 

He's definitely a kind of hypocrite. But I just don't take him seriously enough to think he's much of a problem, really. MacArthur I find scary. But I just can't see Jer ever becoming the super-influential person he clearly wants to be.....

And in a way I can see him dumping his current views if something came along that truly promised influence in another direction.....But I think such a thing would have to be awfully strong because I'm sure one big appeal of the MacArthur thing for Jer is that being able to say women, gay people, Catholics, etc., "are less than I am!...even in the eyes God!" salves what I think must be some insecurity as well as wannabe arrogance.....IF you turn to a more progressive faith, there aren't nearly as many people you're allowed to despise and preach strongly against! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

I was hoping you'd respond, @Churchhoney. :)

I may be giving Jer way too much credit for working hard to keep his true beliefs hidden from the 'Gram crowd while also trying to tamp down his poser hipster persona when he's with his church posse.  I much prefer to picture him waking up in the mid- to late-morning and running aimlessly amok wondering which one of his contacts he can hit up for a free lunch while he stares into the mirror pondering why his hair keeps disappearing.  I also hope he steps on Legos every time he drags himself out of bed.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy probably considers himself like David Miscavidge and wants to take over once McArthur crosses the rainbow bridge

Lets hope Jingle doesn’t pull a Shelly!

• Love 8

I haven’t settled in on my opinion of Jeremy yet.  I hope that he has some potential. I hope that he will do some research on how the sect he currently supports have severely damaged many young lives.  I suppose that I may be biased, as I am one of those who properly considers themself a survivor of religious abuse.  He has Jinger right in front of him...I’d be disclosing big time, but perhaps she’s not ready.  I wish her recovery and freedom....with or without Jeremy.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Spot on, @Churchhoney. Jeremy’s primary motivation seems to be attention and influence. He couldn’t cut it in pro soccer, so he fished around to try something else where he could make a name for himself.

so funny his name always comes up "Jinger Duggar and husband Jeremy........."

that must truly annoy him. except for the part he got followers and on tv by marrying in to the duggar train wreck.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4