Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Season Premiere (1): Move-in

• Start Topic

The show has yet to air, as of this post.  I am hoping that this season all HGs enter as one big group as the episode description above says.  In recent seasons, TPTB had half of the HGs meet and enter.  The second half of the HGs were still sequestered from one another.   Meanwhile, the first half has already chosen rooms and started bonding.  Doubt many HGs would voluntarily chose to be in the second group rather than the first half. 

The character bios and videos are up on CBS.com.  HG Tiffany says she plans to keep her identity

Spoiler

Vanessa Rousso, of BB 17, is Tiffany's sister.

to herself and lay low, but there are obvious giveaways:  voice/accent, expressions, similar facial resemblance and mannerisms in the first minute of her video.

It makes total sense for Tiffany not to spill her

Spoiler

family

secret to her fellow Houseguests right away, but her vocal delivery and physical mannerisms, which are reminiscent of

Spoiler

her sister

, might reveal the relation before she's ready.

Regardless, this

Spoiler

Florida-based

brunette, who loves participating in water sports and strumming the guitar, plans to play her own game—assuming she can fly under the radar for the first couple weeks.

Paulie has a well-known connection too.

Spoiler

Cody, BB16 finalist with Derrick, is Paulie's brother

I didn't notice it as much as Tiffany's, but apparently Paulie's tattoo with his last name will give it away to HGs who are fans of the show.

Bronte has a bubbly personality, but she says has two degrees and plans to bring a behavioral science approach to her game.  Could be good.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Bronte has a bubbly personality, but she says has two degrees and plans to bring a behavioral science approach to her game.  Could be good.

Bubbly scientific approach.  Nothing could go wrong there.  

• Love 10
(edited)

Lol, l was thinking the same thing. I had no idea this was starting tonight, so I'm tuning in an hour late trying to figure the contestants out, but one thing I know for sure, the hipster dude with the beard is annoying as @$%!#.

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 24
(edited)

Jozea, Paul, and Victor can leave any time as far as I'm concerned. Wanted to root for the woman from Michigan but I don't really like her so far. 

Bronte's voice drives me nuts.

Not sure I like anyone yet.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 16

Can I reach through the tv and evict Da'vonne myself? God she's annoying. Other than that, it ... didn't suck. Actual twists, fast paced, decent comps. I had just decided to root for Glenn - oh well. I thought I'd like Paul, but no. I like Bridgette, but there are too many squeaky voices and interchangeable dudes still. I like James and Nicole okay, and Frank was tolerable. Have they ever started have-nots this early? Mama Day will be intolerable after a few days of that.

• Love 5

Meh on the vets. If TPTB used BB14 as the starting, I guess that's the best that they could come up with. Da'vonne should've stuck with Paulie.

There's a lot of competitions. Luckily no one is going to get Jodi'd. Stupid team names.

Sans Paul, I don't really like or dislike anyone yet. Paul is going to be insufferable. Bronte's voice is interesting.

• Love 6

I don't really anyone from this cast. Past or present. Day can leave now or in this case, next week. I thought the comps were pretty good and suspenseful. Vanessa 2.0 & Cody 2.0 aren't very exciting. Episode 1 is kind of meh......but I'll continued watching........all season. LOL!!!!

• Love 4

I really don't like that one player is eliminated before the feeds start. You don't truly get a feel for them until you see them on the feeds.

Rooting hard for Tiffany, liking Paulie, Nicole and Bridgette, and thinking Michelle, Bronte and Natalie will make for some great television/feeds. Michelle in particular could be a beautiful trainwreck, she's been active in BB communities and she's extremely outspoken. 

Based on everything I've heard of James post-BB17, I want him gone quick. Sucks that he's immune for two evictions.

• Love 2

Ok, well then. Welcome back, Big Brother. 

I just wanna start off by talking about the teams here.

Team Big Sister: I don't like their team. It looks like Paul is sticking around as the 'villain'. I like Da'Vonne a bit more this season, but she was so hypocritical in that she hates her team, complains about how awful they are, how they're not team players, and she's the one who also talked about how she's not going to be friends with anyone, she's here for herself (which is fine), and whatever. It looks like two dominant heads are going to clash. Jozea is awful too and I was hoping him gone. Zakiyah is alright, but only because she hasn't spoken much. So yeah, I'm not this team in any way and hope they all get eliminated. Actually, I really want Da'Vonne to get eliminated second, just for laughs.

Team Unicorn: I really don't like Victor, although Paul beat him in the least favourite contestant area, so there's that. Natalie's pretty....dumb. James is still great, so hopefully he does better this time around. Um...Bronte's kind of annoying, but I get that they amp up their 'special feature' so her math thing is gonna get annoying fast.

Team Freakazoids: I really do like this team, which is why I'm sad that one is going home. It looks like it'll be Nicole, which is so disappointing. I'm hoping it's Corey. It's not that I hate the guy, but everyone else is more interesting. But obviously he won't go because he's got the hot factor. I'm hoping Tiffany stays. I really do love her and find her so much more calm than Vanessa ever was. I love Glenn, but he could easily be the first one to go, so that sucks. 

Team Category 4: I also like this team, but it's mostly because of Michelle and Frank. Who knew I'd like Frank this time around? He has grown up. Michelle is super cute and super like me, so I'm all on her. Bridgette is mildly irritating to me, and Paulie's cute but that's about it. Also, I like their team name the best. I'm not quite sure why; I think it's because I consider it the most unique? 

So far, rooting for Michelle and Tiffany. I'll be super sad if Tiffany is booted first. Trying to judge by the editing, it seems like Glenn might be the first to go, or Nicole. It'll really be down to those two...though I'd rather it be between Glenn and Corey. 

• Love 3
(edited)

This could be a fun season, but Mama Day is already working my last nerve.

I would have called Michelle and Nicole as sisters too. Surprised other people didn't pick up on Tiffany on her voice alone.

I find Bronte utterly hilarious.

If Glenn makes it past the first vote, he's still not going to last long.  A 50 year old playing Big Brother needs the gift of gab or you know, some personality.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the houseguests backstabbing
And everyone telling you "Vote with the house!"
It's the most wonderful time of the year
It's the hap -happiest season of all
With those alliances breaking and blood on your hands
When you win HoH
It's the hap- happiest season of all!

And then they announced teams for this season. Boo! Big Brother 18: The season of voices that are like nails on a chalkboard. My ears are already cringing in anticipation of listening to Bronte on the live feeds (WHY did that voice have to get immunity for two evictions?!)

Paulie and Tiffany are pretty much clones of their siblings. Tiffany especially. She looks just like Vanessa, sounds just like Vanessa, and even has the same crazy eyes as Vanessa. I had her pegged as the first crier in the house but it looks like Da'Vonne beat her to it in the DR. 

Calling it now: Glenn will be the first boot. Everyone will talk about getting the vets out first, but somehow they'll manage to survive. Bronte will drive me bonkers. And there will be much wine consumed this season by me.

Not a bad start but I'm not particularly feeling anyone right off the bat. I'm just happy to have my summer addiction back. 

• Love 6

God, I despise this team nonsense. Big Brother isn't a team sport. I might check out and come back when this team stuff is over. I can't believe I was actually excited about watching this show again. I will literally never learn my lesson. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Milk-Eyed Mender said:

Who thought the world needed more Frank Eudy?

Agreed. Though I was afraid Frankie Grande was going to pop out of the suitcase, so I was a bit relieved.

I'm sad to want Day to go as quickly as I wanted her out last season.

Michelle is already grating, as well as Victor.

• Love 13

Da'vonne was teary-eyed throughout her DRs, which led me to believe that her team was going to lose the final competition. I remember kind of enjoying her during her season, but she's already coming off as a poor sport and it's only the first episode. I wouldn't be surprised to see her going home sooner rather than later, especially with her own teammates gunning for her. 

I found myself really liking Bridgette. She's cute but not saccharine, and she looks a little like Dora the Explorer. Not typically what I look for when rooting for a HG, but here we are. 

Bronte looks a little like Tori Spelling which makes me feel... uneasy. She annoyed me tonight, but I could see myself pulling for her if she ends up becoming an underdog. 

• Love 6

Bronte seems like she'll be fun to watch, I laugh every time we get a close up of her Anne Hathaway gone wild face.  I also laughed when she said her name was Bronte like in the dinosaur not like in Charlotte or Emily or Anne.

Zakiyah is so beautiful she almost doesn't seem real.  Nice personality so far. I may root for her and Bridgette.

Why was Nicole so hard on Glen?  It seemed like he was the one who understood the puzzle if they had only listened to him. 

Michelle, the food police. I wish they had cast an obese woman just to eat donuts in front of her and drive her mad.

Da'Vonne giving Jesus orders about what she needs him to do -- please don't.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

God, I despise this team nonsense. Big Brother isn't a team sport. I might check out and come back when this team stuff is over. I can't believe I was actually excited about watching this show again. I will literally never learn my lesson. 

I am not liking this season's HGs so far. They are cookie cutter and bland and TPTB seem already to favor Bronte. How can they drag this out for 99 days? I will watch tomorrow and then may just return towards the middle of August. It's just so boring and almost seems like a rerun, only the faces have changed. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Please please can Nicole go away tomorrow.  The fat kid was right!  haha!  Another undercover cop that has to go. Sister V is doomed, but Clueless Corey could last.

Da'Vonne is clueless.  You can not play this game by your self. You've been here, you should know better.

A generic mix of newbies.  I hope they can stick together long enough to kick out the vets, then rip each other apart.  This bunch doesn't seem StarStruck, yet.

ETA:  This team thing can't last long, can it?

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I fully anticipate something like the Duo season: they work the Team thing for awhile, let them play individual games and as soon as a production pet*coughFrankcough* is in danger, BOOM! Pandora's Box bringing back the Team twist and he's safe for another week. 

• Love 5

I'm liking Bronte, Tiffany and Michelle so far.  I'm surprising myself by liking Paulie as well.  Paul, however, I can't wait to be rid of.  I thought he'd annoy me with his ugly beard and his outta control tattoos, but his personality is the worst thing about him. 

• Love 6

So far, so good! I really enjoyed this episode. Funny how my opinion completely changed on a few people just throughout one episode. I loved Victor in his intro package, and now... not so much. Michelle really rubbed me the wrong way in her video, but she seems alright in the house.

Last time, I had to root for Frank because I drew him in the office pool (and last year I had James... weird!), but tonight I actually liked him! Did Frank get more likable somehow?

• Love 3
(edited)

Tonight's episode was probably the best episode since maybe BB14 in my book. 

No more damn battle of the block.   

Frank is back!   I loved him in BB14 and really hope he gives a good showing in this season. I almost didn't know who was for a second with the cut hair and he's slimed down a bit.   Day is always great entertainment and has wonderful instinct as player.   My problem with her will be her anxiety and stress so soon in the game.   No one said 500Gs would be a cake walk. 

Bronte is Tori Spelling's sistee right?   I think she might be a wee bit annoying but she needs to bring it down a few. 

Surprisingly I actually kind of like Paulie better than Cody.   Plus he's cuter IMO ?

Funny that Michelle recognized Tiffany but didn't know who Paulie was.   But you're a superfan?   Hmm.   Maybe she didn't care to stalk Cody like many people did a few seasons ago. 

Overall great episode and intense just how I like it. 

Tomorrow is the best part: the first eviction and most importantly feeds!!! 

wv1v79.gif

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4
(edited)

Just an FYI for those of us in the Chicagoland area, whose viewing/recording of Big Brother tonight was interrupted repeatedly by severe storm warnings.

I just saw an announcement that Big Brother will air again in its entirety at 12:37am. (hope this was ok to post.)

Edited by ChiCricket
Spacing
  • Love 2

Mama Day annoyed the crap out of me tonight.  Whine whine whine.  I'd like to see you win playing by yourself Day.

I was glad to see Frank and James. They were 2 of my favorites.  

I can't stand Paul, Jozea and Victor.  Bronte's voice is way too annoying and the traveling nurse annoyed me with her perkiness.  Ugh.

Welcome back Big Brother.  I missed you.

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow, I made it all of about 40 minutes before my snark-a-rage-a-holic comes out!

Cheerleader girl: Who knew Danica McKellar got bolt-on titties and joined the BB cast?

Jon Snow: My mom is gonna cry hard when this pretty boy has to leave. And how the fuck did not one of that brain trust know the difference between Calvary and cavalry?

Pet groomer: He had memories of being the fat kid and last picked? Welcome to being the fat adult and last picked. (Pity? PITY? THERE IS NO PITY IN BIG BROTHER!)

Bronte: I'm a math and standardized test tutor myself, and refuse to believe any paying customer (i.e. a parent) could take her voice, mannerisms, and fucking twee hair bow clip seriously.

Da'Vonne: Invoke your "doing it for my ***" sob story and I dislike you. Invoke a one-on-one convo with Jesus during a comp and I fucking despise you.

The Amazing Beard-o: Scott Ian from Anthrax must have an old-ass picture in his attic and changed his name for the summer.

Edited by Dewey Decimate
  • Love 14

Day going too hard too soon.  Nicole is less appealing to me (maybe cause her and Hayden aren't together anymore?).  James is still James, and I never thought I'd say I like Frank right now.

Bronte says some spot on things, but I can't with the voice.

Tiffany is screwed since Paulie already outed himself and she didn't, she could have played it off so great by asking anyone else if they are sibling (not just Michelle).  

Team Big Sister(minus Day) are too polarizing.  All the others need to show us what they got (yes I know we've only seen 2 hours lol).

So happy to see everyone here again.  How long ago was it that we were so upset with TWOP going away, yet here we are!! <3

• Love 7

So I forgot it was on tonight and only saw about the last half an hour and I'm very confused. I've watched BB from season 1 but took a couple of years off throughout the years so I don't know who Frank is. I saw Nicole, James and Davonne from recent past seasons. Can someone tell me who are the secret siblings, please? I only know about poker players sister, (I'm bad with names) and that's it. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

So I forgot it was on tonight and only saw about the last half an hour and I'm very confused. I've watched BB from season 1 but took a couple of years off throughout the years so I don't know who Frank is. I saw Nicole, James and Davonne from recent past seasons. Can someone tell me who are the secret siblings, please? I only know about poker players sister, (I'm bad with names) and that's it. Thanks. 

I don't think there are secret siblings playing this season. Just Paulie and Tiffany hoping to hide that they are the siblings of former players Cody and Vanessa.

7 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay-where to begin! Let's start with the good.

I cheered when James popped out of the box. He was my fave last year so this was great news...and even better Frankie Grande did not emerge from a box or I would have hurled my remote at the TV at the notion of being stuck with him another summer. With that said...Frank?! Seriously.? What I random choice...they couldn't get anyone else? I barely remember him.

More good is that I am happy to see two women of color in the house at the same time. Can't recall the last season that happened. The bad is that I was SOOO disappointed in Zakiyah that she fell in tight with those two @$$holes...the Judas level disgusting Paulie and Jozea who seems like shit stirrer to me...and someone should tell him Debbie Gibson called from 1988 and wants her hat back.

More good is that James and Bronte are SAFE! I know I will be in the minority but I'm already endeared to Bronte (weird name aside) I find her girlish voice charming and I like her positive energy. Having her and James on the same team is a win.win for me....and I hope she becomes his new Meg...only maybe not reject him all summer. Fingers crossed. Speaking of showmances....good luck Zakiya finding one...outside of Caleb I unfortunatly can't think of any other time in the run of the series a white gentlemen expressed an interest in a woman of color and there have been a few good looking such ladies over the years. It would be nice to see it happen for once.

Now the bad...I was so stressed out for Davonne because I believe she made a possibly half million dollar mistake by picking vile Paulie. He's out to get her and he would be likely to throw a comp in the future to do so. I swear I was thinking the exact same thing only second before Day's confessional that she SHOULD have picked the other Paul...just let him keep coming on down to her team but alas she unwittinly allied herself with a completly untrustworthy team.

Miscellaneous: Michelle looks NOTHING like Nicole-Uncle Fester the Dog Groomer might as well be added to the endangered species list...if he's not the first boot I've never seen one-Props to the editors for throwing in one last train sound effect when someone mentioned Becky-Cody and Paul's dad is still vaguely creepy the way he's all over his sons...it's not something I ever wished to revisit-Vanessa sis showmancing a woman could be interesting-

That's it for now...I'm sure there is plenty I've forgotten. Happy to have the show back but its going to be stressful until Davonne can get away from her team. Hopefully this twist will implode as quickly as last summer's attempt to create multiple twists.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 1

I do have to give a shout-out to the editors.  The first fun moment was everyone saying good-bye to their family members (and Paulie and Cody's dad did not disappoint), only to show Corey having an emotional good-bye with.....his dogs.  Gold.  Then when people were introducing themselves, and the potential showmances were talking about how attractive someone was, with smaltzy music in the background, when Victor introduced himself, we got the smaltzy music over.....Corey, hoping for a bro-mance.   Poor Corey, what did he do to the editors?  Other than be bland and boring.  

• Love 9

I like the cast and hate the twists. I think that bringing in challenge directors from canada is going to ruin the pace / setup of this show. I dislike the team thing, dislike someone going home before feeds start. If tomorrow's comp is physical, Glenn is out. If it's mental, then probably Corey is out.

I think Bronte has asperger's. Not that it matters, but it might make it difficult for her to fit in. This is more than Steve Moses social awkwardness. She is fixated on math and numbers and statistics. 

My gut tells me that Frank Eudy will take it home. He learned enough in his first season how to keep a low profile and not get in with the wrong people. There is no Boogie in this season to taint him. and I like his new look.

• Love 3

I always start off watching Big Brother and then something happens where I get sidetracked and then... Bah! I've missed like ten episodes and I give up. But, I will try again this season.

It's hard to feel sorry for DaVonne when she had the chance to go with Paulie after making that mistake with the names, but still insisted on Paul. I have no idea what she saw in the few minutes or even hours beforehand that would make him an attractive team member, especially in a physical competition over any the three guys that managed to fight until the end.

She had first pick of all the men and that's who she chose!

Then, we actually got to know Paul and it's like wow, can this get any worse?

Zakiah might be okay, but only if she's smart enough to not trust Paul after she's seen him in action for a bit.

I might like Paulie, the baseball coach and other than Victor's love for himself, I might be able to tolerate him.

And, so far I see that I'm the only one who thinks the nutritionist looks like Sarah Palin.

• Love 3

The good thing about Big Brother is that if you don't like the "season-long twist", you can just wait about 3 weeks and watch it peter out on its own.  (Remember last season's "BB Takeover"?)  I'm sure the team thing will implode fairly quickly.  I kind of like it, though, because it kind of imposes semi-alliances on people early on, alliances that may be awkward and ultimately disastrous!

My favorites so far are James, Frank, and the "traveling nurse".  I want to root for Glenn simply because he's the old guy and sure to be nominated for eviction early.

The Beard, the makeup artist (Joe-zay?), and Da'Vonne all seem like jerks and should leave as soon as possible.

• Love 8