Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Baby Sister Is Born!

• Start Topic

Is this the 1st time we've seen Robyn's parents on screen? Its the first time I ever remember seeing them. 

Didn't Robyn and Kody go together to Hawaii for their non-honeymoon? Must be something to have 18 kids, not be a hedge fund manager or a CEO of a Fortune 500 company and been to Hawaii on vacation twice in 2 years. 

Renting a house or hotel rooms? Wonder if they are renting a house and will we be treated to a Brown style clear the shelves shopping excursion to the grocery store? 

Every notice that damn near everyone in the family seems to have the latest bigger screen iphones? I really want to know how much TLC checks are. It would be a smarter move to pay down those mortgages. 

18 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not sure why Meri is being portrayed as the bad guy in this story.  That picture of Maddie was horrible.  She looked like she was starving to death, and no weight gain for six months?  I don't care how important it was to Janelle to breastfeed - she was starving her baby to death.  It simply confirmed that Janelle is not "the smart one".  And wasn't Janelle the one who brought the story up first?

I didn't understand the whole starving thing. I thought it was great that Meri offered and did breast feed a child that wasn't her own. However, it also left me wondering, so if she Maddie was starving/not gaining weight and Janelle wasn't producing enough milk could'nt they have also supplemented with formula? I was just left wondering was it breast milk or nothing? Or was it just that the formula didn't agree Maddie's digestive system? I seem to recall them saying something about her being/getting a bit sick. Just curious.

The best thing about this family is the bond between the kids and how the parents let them go their own way. They may not like it or even approve but they are given a choice and loved regardless of that choice. If it is one thing Kody and his wives can be commended for - it is that. I think they have even acknowledged that with all those kids one of them may very be gay and they would still love him/her. That is better than quite a few.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Great post Ghoulina and I especially agree with the above.  The not screaming is one thing but I couldn't get over how Robyn didn't even look like she was breaking a sweat while birthing a damn near 10 lber with line backer shoulders! All that with no drugs of any kind? I'm one who champions the use of epidurals and manner of drugs and don't look down upon those who use it but I also don't hero worship those who don't.  Whatever personal decision a woman makes, is just that personal. However,  as many issues as I have with her and as shady as I find her I couldn't help but marvel at Robyn's fortitude. 

Robyn's parents perched at the end of the bed like they were watching Marvel's latest hero epic in IMAX? What the what?!?!

Those scenes did go on and I couldn't help but be riveted by the sight of those ghastly purple swag valances in the master bedroom. 

I'd be pissed if someone woke me up out of a sound sleep in the middle of the night to tell me my dad and his 4th, 1st wife just birthed his 18th. If nothing is wrong and she delivered safely just tell them in the morning!

Dayton really got himself together! I remember seeing pictures of bodybuilders on his bedroom wall and being a bit curious about that. Looks like perhaps he was using that as fitspiration. Good for him. He is a handsome young man - scar and all! 

Perhaps Kody if you didn't feel the need to gather all the troops and make an announcement every other day they would pay you some mind. He is such an attention hog and once he gets their attention he just has to draw it out in the dumbest way to keep it. 

How old is Truly? Five? Six? I know she doesn't get the attention that Prince Solomon gets but I wish they would pay attention to her development. I'm slightly concerned about her.

Aspyn has the most gorgeous head of hair. 

Logan is in his early 20s, still in college and wanting to continue on to become a physician's assistant. Why the push to want him to marry someone he has only been dating for 9 months? This isn't plyg courting. It is funny because they always like to draw all these parallels between plygs and the non-plyg world and they comment on the practices of the non-plyg world like they know all. Well shouldn't they realize that the vast majority of non-plygs don't get engaged while in college and most don't get engaged until 2-3 years into a relationship?

Kody is squeamish about pre-marital sex and co-habitation but he can have a legal wife and 3 'spiritual' wives and have a schedule as to which one he gets to stick his wick into on any given day? Give me strength!

Truely seems to live in a fantasy world, but I don't think that's so uncommon for kids her age, especially the baby of the family.  She does have a speech impediment, but that will be screened and addressed in school (where she's hopefully going).  My cousin's son has issues with his R's, and I think they gave him until the age of seven before speech therapy began.

Aspyn's hair IS gorgeous, as is Christine's.  I wonder if Mykelti's natural color is the same.

Regarding Logan - The crazy part is it's Janelle pushing him into marriage.  Janelle ..... the one who had her own failed early marriage.  I never would have guessed that it was Janelle's daughter dropping out of college and getting married super young.  And now Janelle is pushing Logan to marry because he's had the same girlfriend for nine months. 

• Love 1

I'm willing to bet that TLC picks up the tab for the Hawaii trip. I always suspected the Duggars traveled on the network's "dime" (multiple vacations including a filmed European honeymoon) and now that their filming budget has been cut the Browns' Adventure in Paradise is now in the spotlight. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm willing to bet that TLC picks up the tab for the Hawaii trip. I always suspected the Duggars traveled on the network's "dime" (multiple vacations including a filmed European honeymoon) and now that their filming budget has been cut the Browns' Adventure in Paradise is now in the spotlight.

This isn't necessarily true. It's been about 4 years since I knew her, but I was friends with someone who was high up in programming at Discovery and she specifically said they do not pay for these trips. They pay the extra cost to film somewhere else and the family gets their pay for the episode, but they don't foot the bill for the trip. It's possible this has changed and they now pay for all kinds of stuff but I know at the time she said the main reason they didn't was because then every reality show would want a trip every week. 

ETA: not sure why my quote got all screwed up

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So did Meri regularly breastfeed Maddie, or was its one shot deal - like Salma Hayek nursing an African baby on a humanitarian trip one time - and Meri has literally milked it forever.

BTW - whether Salma did it out of compassion and practicality, or for publicity, bless her heart. The kid cars hungry. She had milk. The end.

Ha!  I see what you did there.

16 hours ago, Christi said:

When Robyn was birthing her new calf, Sol was hiding around the corner chewing on a CHRISTMAS LIGHT BULB!!!like the big 50's ones!

I dont have kids, but Im pretty sure thats not ok

After reading your post when I watched it, I couldn't stop laughing.  Why does there always have to be such drama around Robyn giving birth. Hanging all over Kody.  Such an attention hog. I think they try to create extra drama.  The parents siting there gawking like it was some kind of show, ridiculous.   Loved the look Logan gave Kody when he was orchestrating the whole Hawaii announcement.   I think the older kids have had it with Kody.  Caleb sitting there cheering after the announcement was pretty funny, he is one of them now. Wonder why we have never seen or heard about Caleb's parents or family when discussing the wedding. Not sure why there is concern about Logan living with his girlfriend. I didn't hear any of that expressed about Maddie living with Caleb.  Wonder what Meri's big announcement is going to be, probably nothing exciting.  I never watched Single Dad Seeking, wonder if the Sister Wives interviews are any good.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tortuga said:

Meri couldn't have pumped?

considering Meri was only able to have 1 child, I am kinda glad she also had this opportunity.  

5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Count me in as one who had to do a double-take when Dayton appeared - wow, he's a handsome boy.  And I tend to listen to everything he says, because I think he's by far the smartest, most sensitive and intuitive person in that entire cul-de-sac.

Hunter is also growing up handsome.  I'm thinking the same will happen with Paedon, Garrrison, etc.

Kody: Robyn is not breathing!  Not breathing enough for Baby Sister!  Baby Sister needs more oxygen from Robyn, who is not breathing enough!  Baby Sister is not out yet and still needs Robyn's oxygen, of which she is not partaking enough of!  Deeper breathes must be done so that Baby Sister can enjoy the oxygen of Robyn...GAHHHHH SHUT UP KODY STOP KODYSPLAINING

Sol did NOT need to be present for the ceremonial umbilical-cutting.  Poor kid, he looked freaked out.  That's not something a 4-year old needs to see.

Agree 1000% with not dragging the kids out of bed in the middle of the night to pay homage to the newest Brown.  The kids can say "hello" and fawn over Robyn in the morning, seriously.  They do not care, this is baby number 18.  And props to Gwen, I love her honest take on her crazytrain family.

And speaking of Robyn, I am SO TIRED of her saying she's going to have an "anxiety attack."  Real anxiety attacks are scary to watch, and scary to have.  You're going to have one because you've decided to film your birth for the world to see?  Here's an idea - DON'T FILM IT.  And stop overusing that phrase immediately.

Kody...LOL at saying "here comes the JAW..."  Who says that?  Unless the child belongs to Robyn, she of the lantern jaw...but LOL.

Wait, so Kody is cool with Logan and his girlfriend living together...but I thought kisses contained hormones, or something like that...shouldn't he be blowing a gasket?  I love how the Brown adults used to talk about all of their pretend "rules," and here we sit, watching the older kids ignore pretty much all of those rules and live their lives, while Kody sits idly by with a befuddled look on his face, but not concerned enough to actually do anything about it.

So this means we will never have to hear the words "baby sister" again ever on this show, right?!

I wish I had a spare $75,000 to take myself and 30 of my family members to Hawaii for a week.

I noticed he mentioned the jaw at least twice (I haven't seen the whole show yet....could be more).  but NOBODY mentions jaws.  I think he was snarking at US.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Not sure why there is concern about Logan living with his girlfriend. I didn't hear any of that expressed about Maddie living with Caleb.

Maddie didn't live w/ Caleb prior to marriage.  She lived w/ a family friend and worked in their pawn shop (That's what I heard anyway).

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I was surprised to hear Kody say that," lately, there has been an emotional disconnect with Robyn."  I can't help but wonder if was because of the pregnancy or the fact that now that she is the legal wife, she doesn't have to try as hard or care as much.

I definitely think it's the latter. Plus, I bet she's getting even more of his time now. I bet prior to the crap with Meri, he was splitting his time between those two, maybe favoring Robyn a bit more. But he even said something, I believe, about Meri's house being his "sanctuary". No kids. It was quiet there. No things are all weird and tense, so he's probably bunking down at Robyn's a lot more and she's getting sick of him. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Maddie didn't live w/ Caleb prior to marriage.  She lived w/ a family friend and worked in their pawn shop (That's what I heard anyway).

Mykelti is the one working at the pawn shop.  Maddie rented a small house and it was explained she was living alone. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I definitely think it's the latter. Plus, I bet she's getting even more of his time now. I bet prior to the crap with Meri, he was splitting his time between those two, maybe favoring Robyn a bit more. But he even said something, I believe, about Meri's house being his "sanctuary". No kids. It was quiet there. No things are all weird and tense, so he's probably bunking down at Robyn's a lot more and she's getting sick of him. 

From the looks of it he spends 95% of his time at Robyn's. You are right she's probably sick of him being around all the time. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I was surprised to hear Kody say that," lately, there has been an emotional disconnect with Robyn."  

I think he said there's been a disconnect with Robyn over the Baby Sister (gag) pregnancy that wasn't there during the pregnancy with Sol.  I don't mean to be splitting hairs, but I think he very purposely linked it to the pregnancy so as to avoid admitting to a problem with Robyn or in their marriage.   In other words, it's Robyn, not him, and it's probably hormonal.  (He's such an ass.)

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

During one of the couch sessions (this past week or the week before, they all blend together), Kody said to Meri that they'd been living in Vegas for a longer period of time than they'd lived in the house in Lehi, and Robyn was all, "Oh wow, REALLY??"  And I thought: geez, woman, do you EVER shut up regarding memories that are not your own?  I know she knew about the Lehi house, but she never lived there.  I noticed too in the montage last night where they were showing pictures of the wives with their babies, they put in a picture of Robyn holding Dayton as a baby...which I find funny, since she was not even close to being a Brown back then.  They sure are working hard to cram down our throats that Robyn, despite evidence to the contrary, has been an honorary "Brown" since Day One.  I guess all you have to do is insert Kody's mug into any family portrait and he magically becomes your husband.  I'd be extremely careful with this information, mind you...don't want anyone here to unintentionally end up the 5th Mrs. Brown.

Exactly.  I've always noticed this.  Even after she first joined the family, she would always butt in and interject herself into stories about the family's history that she was never part of.  Then during last night's trip down memory lane re: all the kids' births, Kody threw in Robyn's childbirths, which I thought was stupid and ill-placed.  Shades of that ridiculously insensitive photoshopped portrait of Kody with Robyn's kids as babies.  I still can't get over that.  

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yes. Gramps is actually Robyn's step-father. I think the other mothers (and bio dad) left the family long ago.

Which makes the whole "room with a hooha view" even MORE creepy. I kicked mom and my stepfather, who is the man who legally adopted me and raised me from age 8 (so, legally my father, not stepfather), OUT of the room, told them to go to work and that I'd call them when my son made his Grand Entrance. No way were they perched with a camera and catcher's mitt at the end of the bed.

Funny that as soon as Robyn got the legal marriage and the kids were adopted, she ceased being enamored with all of Kody's quirks. Legal papers in hand = honeymoon is over. 

And YEAH, to the comments upthread about Solly witnessing the cutting of the cord, and thinking that they were cutting the baby's pee-pee. OF COURSE he thinks that! He's a fucking PRE-SCHOOLER.  Just by the look on his face, he was freaked out. In his little head, he's going to dream about Daddy coming into his room at night with scissors. If the kid was already having nightmares, this experience did NOTHING to help that situation. INAPPROPRIATE PARENTING ALERT. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Is the step-father a polygomist?  

OK found your answer for you. I'll answer in this thread since we saw Paul in this episode. Robyn's biological parents are Robert Marck and Alice Marck. Robert divorced Alice and left the AUB. He married Anne Marie Monson. Alice married Paul Sullivan (who we saw in the episode), who also had another wife Carol. Robin has full siblings from her bio parents, half-siblings from both parents remarriages, and step-siblings from Paul and Carol's marriage. It is from one of Carol's kids that Mindy was born, hence the step-niece designation. It would be like Logan calling Aurora's kid his step-niece.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Mykelti is the one working at the pawn shop.  Maddie rented a small house and it was explained she was living alone

ack!  my mistake, I can barely keep my own family straight I don't know why I thought I could somehow keep the Brown kids sorted.  Thanks for the correction Red!

• Love 1

butterbody, first day of summer school for me, so pretty tired, but

And what about the huge ass safe at the foot of her bed?

I'm like there was a safe shaped like an ass? Then I re-read it. Thanks for the chuckle- what is in that thing??

• Love 5
17 hours ago, mamapajama said:

Grandpa sitting at the foot of the bed, with a front row seat while his daughter gives birth.  They couldn't, at least, move the chair to the side? A little?  

I think the cutting of the cord was a bit too much for Sol to witness.  

It was a bit too much for me to witness! I made a mistake of not fast-forwarding through the endless birth scene until it was almost over.

And oh my God, Kody, shut up. So much time wasted on his family not immediately quieting down to hear his deathless proclamations.

27 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

OK found your answer for you. I'll answer in this thread since we saw Paul in this episode. Robyn's biological parents are Robert Marck and Alice Marck. Robert divorced Alice and left the AUB. He married Anne Marie Monson. Alice married Paul Sullivan (who we saw in the episode), who also had another wife Carol. Robin has full siblings from her bio parents, half-siblings from both parents remarriages, and step-siblings from Paul and Carol's marriage. It is from one of Carol's kids that Mindy was born, hence the step-niece designation. It would be like Logan calling Aurora's kid his step-niece.

Whoa. Family wreath is right. It's so confusing. I'd just give up and start calling everyone "cousin".

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, TeeMo said:

They were just sitting there silently in side by side purple velvet chairs (is Robin a secret Prince fanatic? What was with all the purple in that room?) as if they were watching some sort of  performance art. It was just weird. 

I could swear that I read somewhere a few years ago that deep purple is "the most romantic master bedroom color". That's probably what she's going for. Yuck.

Were Kody and Robyn trying to enter an ad contest for a sports car or something? That picture of them on the bedroom wall is just...no.

• Love 2

This entire mess seems to be solely centered around Kody and his ego - and has so little to do with any type of belief system.   There is no church, talk of beliefs, just in-fighting, children and unhappy adults.   Meri is so lost and has no faith to fall back on.  Christine is haunted by old-school ideas and a life-style that frightened the people who chose it.  Janelle is checked out - likes going it alone, and really deep down doesn't want to have to interact with any of the adults - especially Kody.   Then we have Robyn - who is quickly tiring of all the BS she bought into.    When TLC pulls the plug on this show - it wouldn't surprise me if they all went their separate ways - with Kody moving to Wyoming, maybe with Robyn.   

When the "moms" were talking about the girls wanting the "sister-wives" experience, without the work, it made me laugh.  No, I think what the grown kids are looking for is normalcy in their lives.  Friendships that are real, not forced upon them by dad marrying another wife.    Each one is lost in a crowd, vying for attention and love.  Now that they are on their own, they all seem to be looking very hard for people who think they matter, that care about them for who they are.   Seems that they all felt more of a family while in Utah, but since moving to LV,  it shows exactly what they are - 4 separate families only connected by a delusional sperm donor.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

So when Robyn talks about her parents' perfect honeymoon forever marriage, she must be talking about her mom and stepdad. And I think she took her stepdad's last name, so her wanting the kids to be Browns makes a lot more sense. It seems like she's attempting to mimic her mom's life. Except that forever honeymoon stage might not be working out for her...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

butterbody, first day of summer school for me, so pretty tired, but

I'm like there was a safe shaped like an ass? Then I re-read it. Thanks for the chuckle- what is in that thing??

All that joory has to go some where?

• Love 4

I didn't think Meri nursing another wife's child was strange...I mean wet nurses have been around forever. I actually think it makes sense if you have a bunch of lactating sister wives that they should share the milk if needed. I didn't really like how Meri acted like it was "awkward" or made her feel weird. I forget her wording...but she had to make a negative comment and then the gross comment about cream and a cackle. 

1 hour ago, shoovenbooty said:

I could swear that I read somewhere a few years ago that deep purple is "the most romantic master bedroom color". That's probably what she's going for. Yuck.

Were Kody and Robyn trying to enter an ad contest for a sports car or something? That picture of them on the bedroom wall is just...no.

Ha ha. Let's just say I wasn't super impressed with her little love nest. 

• Love 3

Also--I thought it was strange about Janelle making a big deal about going to bed early to get sleep and all the kids looked like it was 3 am getting out of bed. The baby was born a little after 10 pm. If you look at the clock in Robyn's bedroom when her and Kody are talking after everyone had already left it was about 12:30 I think? So going next door between 1030-1130 at night is not that big of a deal. But I agree the kids could have waited until the morning. 

• Love 1

I was fascinated when Kody talked about being emotionally disconnected from Robyn. That means Robyn isn't special, and the real problem is that Kody can't maintain an emotional connection to any woman long term. 

So Janelle had a baby before Meri. I bet Meri made her pay for that. On the flip side, I felt bad for Meri when they were talking about how many times Christine and Janelle were pregnant together.

Robyn's parents look like Amish people. It looked like TLC borrowed some Amish from their other show to liven up this one. It didn't work.

On her 5th kid, I'm surprised the baby didn't fall out of her and hit the floor.

• Love 7
(edited)

When Meri was talking about Kody think Mariah was a boy, did you hear her say for a minute she thought she had a son,  but then she realized she JUST had a daughter?

Edited by aw86
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Lots and lots and lots of Victoria's Secret undawares.

1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I'm just going to say it because we're all thinking it.....  You know that Kody looks at the picture of his old Lexus convertible while banging Robyn.

WHO'S GOT THE BRAIN BLEACH PASS IT HERE NOW PLEASE!!

Regarding the trip to Hawaii...I get that lots of places comp in order to get their name on television for some publicity, but who in the hell would comp a resort or hotel rooms for a group of F-list "celebrities" like the Browns?  I mean, you know Kody's gonna take over wherever he goes, flitting around showing off his 4 wives and 18 kids every single chance he gets.  And don't forget, our Kode fancies himself somewhat of a surfer-dude, so who wants to bet he shoves himself into a wetsuit and gets to know all the bros at the surf shop?  Hawaii doesn't need the minuscule amount of publicity the Brown viewing demographic would bring.  The only thing I would consider on a trip to Hawaii is to make sure the Browns had already gone home.

• Love 1

Christine is keeping sweet. I don't think for one second does she trust Robyn. If Christine and Aspyn aren't quite getting along - just normal mother daughter coming of age conflict - she's probably happe Aspyn has a safe place to go that's not her house, and vice versa. However, I don't doubt for a second that Christine is playing a game.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

I'm 99% certain that Kody was talking about Robyn's belief in childbirth, which she learned from her mom. So I cut him a little slack here. 

I remember this specifically that Robyn's mom said it wasn't proper to make any noise during childbirth.  I respectfully disagree, but I do remember in my first delivery the nurse telling me to put the energy into the pushing rather than the yelling.  It did actually help.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Meri was the savior Madonna with her holy milk.  Knowing Meri, she probably didn't even ask Jenelle if it was okay

HAHA I keep picturing the movie 'The Hand That Rocks The Cradle'. ;)

21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding the trip to Hawaii...I get that lots of places comp in order to get their name on television for some publicity, but who in the hell would comp a resort or hotel rooms for a group of F-list "celebrities" like the Browns?

And you know those kids are probably rough on things, I wouldn't want them staying at my place.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Christine is keeping sweet. I don't think for one second does she trust Robyn. If Christine and Aspyn aren't quite getting along - just normal mother daughter coming of age conflict - she's probably happe Aspyn has a safe place to go that's not her house, and vice versa. However, I don't doubt for a second that Christine is playing a game.

I think this is very true...she was raised this way and probably couldn't turn it off if she wanted to.  And I hope to the heavens that she does not trust Robyn for one second.  That's all the time it would take for Robyn to turn on Christine.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I'm just going to say it because we're all thinking it.....  You know that Kody looks at the picture of his old Lexus convertible while banging Robyn.

Alright, off to the Duggar thread with you, CofCinci.  I've cleared space in the Prayer Closet for you. 

We really need one of those things over here.  Meri has a great big slab of granite in her house that nobody ever uses.  Maybe we can re-purpose it and call it the "Wet Bar of Repentance" or something. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Okay, a few thoughts on this episode! First, I really wanted to reach through my TV and slap Kody. There's one thing in being a supportive husband during the delivery but Kody was just so obnoxious with his 'we' and 'breathe'. Newsflash Kody, 'we' are not doing anything, Robyn is the one in labor. And, this is not her 1st baby. I'm pretty sure she knows when to breathe, push etc. My husband knew that his jobs during my 4 deliveries were to hold my hand, place cold cloths on my forehead, cut the umbilical cords and run to the hospital cafeteria, once everything was finished to buy me ice cream. Anything else would have resulted in my raging, which he quickly realized when our 1st son was born :).

Second, Robyn's parents sitting there was BEYOND creepy to me. Heck, my Dad is a Physician and yet he knew not to come into the room until the baby's cry was heard. It would have been uncomfortable for both of us. However, I did have my Mom present for the 1st Grandson but she sat next to me during the last 10 minutes and not  creepily staring.

Third, I have no problem with hospital vs home births or natural delivery vs begging for an epidural (aka me). It's a personal choice that each woman needs to make and no one should be judged for their decisions.

Finally, childbirth is a miracle and a blessing but Robyn is not a trooper. Millions of women birth babies every year, all around the world under ordinary as well as extraordinary circumstances. 

Edited by Angel3186767
  • Love 3

I do remember in my first delivery the nurse telling me to put the energy into the pushing rather than the yelling.  It did actually help.

My OB said the same thing. It was odd that Robyn (or was it Kody?) described it as "keeping ladylike" during the birth, but it is not uncommon advice that you shouldn't scream during birth. It just wastes breath and energy that you could be putting into focusing on pushing and managing the pain. When I was having my baby, there was a woman in the next room screeching her head off, and my OB/GYN called out, "Can someone shut her up? We're trying to focus on having a baby in here." I laughed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aw86 said:

When Meri was talking about Kody think Mariah was a boy, did you hear her say for a minute she thought she had a son,  but then she realized she JUST had a daughter?

I took it as, "I though I just (now) had a son.  But no, I just (now) had a daughter."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

On her 5th kid, I'm surprised the baby didn't fall out of her and hit the floor.

I'm not surprised she had a hard time. Mr. NoeNoe and I have five children. My fourth one practically shot out like a bullet after ten minutes of labor. My third, and over ten pounder, took almost three days and my fifth took all day and night and was very hard to push out. She was just under 8 lbs. You just can't predict those things.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

I took it as, "I though I just (now) had a son.  But no, I just (now) had a daughter."

It was the way she said it.  She seemed disappointed.  Someone up thread mentioned that it was probably hard on Meri to see Janelle get pregnant first.  It must have been very difficult for her, because Christine did too.  It was, Logan, Aspyn and then Mariah. 

I just finished half-ass watching the baybeee seeeester episode, I could not stand to watch the birth at all, just the moaning Robyn was doing grossed me out WTH is that about? I doubt she moaned that much during the conception of this child! Were Robyn's parents really watching the whole thing from the foot of the bed? Blegh!!!

I thank you all for filling me in, I FF through most of this.

The comments are killing me, you all are SO funny! I had to pour myself a glass of wine to really enhance the read, like a good book I can't put down.

• Love 5
On 6/5/2016 at 8:43 PM, Christi said:

When Robyn was birthing her new calf, Sol was hiding around the corner chewing on a CHRISTMAS LIGHT BULB!!!like the big 50's ones!

I dont have kids, but Im pretty sure thats not ok

Ha ha ha!! No, not O.K at all!

• Love 2
On 6/5/2016 at 8:59 PM, deedee2 said:

Ariella-May, but she'll be called Aria. Why not Ariella or Ari?  it makes more sense.

Yeah!

*eye roll* If she'd been Christine's kid she'd be Areola...we know she loves to jack up the spelling of her kids' names.

• Love 3

I totally missed Sol chewing on the lightbulb (I can't believe I just wrote that, seriously ... chewing on a light bulb? Good grief).

I need to stop deleting this show the split second I'm done watching because I always come here and read about things I didn't notice and I have to sit through the re-run the next week to catch the stuff I missed.  But this time I think I will just tape it and fast forward ... I will NOT sit through that whole baby birthing thing again, not a chance.

I also missed seeing Dayton. I'm rooting for that kid and if he is turning out as nice looking as everyone is saying, I want to see it!  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Even if the hotel was comped, the airline tickets would cost a fortune.

I was thinking the same thing. Every year I dream of my family of four going then I look up the airfare and I am like nope not possible.

Guess I need to become a sister wife!

• Love 2

My DVR has better taste than I do and stopped recording half way thru so I had to watch the whole thing on demand.   Kody does such a good job at this birthing / coaching blow by blow thing he should teach a class at the local hospital for new parents.   Somebody please show us a video of any one of  births of the other Brown kids. Just one where he was this involved.  I managed to not see the parents front and center and water breaking but a flash back of The Soloman labor and Robin had her legs open and he was stroking the inside of her thigh. I  had to look away.  I find the whole thing absurd and disgusting   not one of them works.  Yeah those hospitals ask too many questions like name of father.   No they probably want insurance and  employer.  So how do birth certificates work then ? Anyone?  Also I've been on the planet a long time and my mother was a postpartum RN in a Catholic hospital do women in labor ever pass out from not breathing???? Never heard of it. 

My 18 month old grandsons shoulder was broken and it was c section  he had his arm pinned to his shirt for a bit. 

• Love 3

This Hawaii trip is boggling my mind. Didn't I read recently that one of the Browns had some unpaid or past due bills for garbage collection? If they can't even afford to pay for garbage collection, how are they going to even begin paying for a trip to Hawaii for so many people? Even if they did manage to find cheap lodging, it is expensive to fly there no matter what, and everything in Hawaii, especially food, is quite expensive. 

My husband and I have timeshares there, and it is quite expensive even for just the two of us to fly there and buy groceries, not to mention the occasional meal in a restaurant or any activities we might want to do. When I think of how much it costs for 2 people to vacation there and then multiply it by a dozen, it makes me wonder how they are managing this trip, right on the heels of the first kid getting married, which probably brought expenses of its own.

• Love 2