Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Baby Sister Is Born!

• Start Topic

Robyn's baby is due, but she worries about the possibility of a breech birth, so she and Kody go for one more ultrasound. Meanwhile, Madison gets fitted for her wedding gown.

Gird yourselves fellow viewers for Robyn giving birth and hearing "baby sister" too many times.....

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Some day i want one of these women to slug kody in the face. He is just beyond annoying

I would watch the show with just the sister wives and no Kody.  I definitely enjoy the show more when he isn't on the screen.  As soon as he appears I start to cringe at what he might say.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

Are all the non-Robyn wives really really as excited about 'baby-sister' as they act? I mean, I couldn't fake that level of anxious joy if it were my husband's favourite mistress having a kid.

She's the legal one now - so all the bypassed mistresses have to watch the Real Wife give birth. Even worse.

• Love 6
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

She's the legal one now - so all the bypassed mistresses have to watch the Real Wife give birth. Even worse.

True. Ugh, how do these women manage such marital Dhimmitude for so long? I'd spontaneously combust from the festering resentment.

• Love 3

Kody, "we" do not push. The mom pushes. Gosh  he is such a tool. I do not want to get into a home birth vs.hospital birth argument, to each their own, but if a mom is truly concerned there may be a problem with a birth, go to the hospital. Also, you have had 9 months, pick a name.

• Love 13

Sorry but I'm calling BS on the whole "plogs can't have babies at the hospital because the state will steal the babies" crap. No, the reason you don't want a father listed on a birth certificate is because then the state might go after him to pay for the benefits you are receiving as a single parent.

Also, WTF? He's had a girlfriend for 9 months so get engaged? Nope, sorry but the kid needs to do it on his own schedule.

Finally, is it just me or is K'Douche a little old to always be wearing Centennial Wrestling gear? Quit wearing your sons' clothes.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Snickerdoodle said:

Christine also seems so down to earth.  She's cool with Aspyn living with Robyn, and she sees the positive aspects of that.  If it were my mom she would be bitter, bitter, bitter, and I would never hear the end of how I wronged her.

She does seem very down to earth and sweet. But we also know she admitted to being terribly jealous. This leads me to believe that she has to tamp down her feeling daily ... hourly ... just to make life bearable for herself in this situation. It's awful.

• Love 11
(edited)

To Logan:    Please run away from these people!   Make your own life with whoever you want and take your time getting married. 

His girlfriend must think this family is nuts.  

Edited by MissT
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Christi said:

Soooo I need eye bleach for the water breaking scene...Jesus 

Dayton grew up to be handsome 

The midwife seemed really surprised at the water breaking the way it did. She handled it like a pro. I liked her. 

I had the same thought about Dayton.

In general, whatever dysfunction surrounds the parents seems to have not affected the kids who all seem like really great people.  

• Love 7
(edited)

So this show was 50% clip show, 40% Robyn birthing AGAIN and 10% new shit. Yawn.

Christine is honoring the family so hard it is like she is on speed. She lurves Robyn, she doesn't care that Aspyn, her go-to first-in-command child, is shacking up with Robyn and she was the #1 cheerleader for Princess Ari (or as Cynical Jinx calls her, Princess Areolla). I was exhausted watching her.

Loved the editing where Meri is sitting there saying she is waiting for the call to go see the baby and they cut to the rest of the family in Robyn's bedroom cooing over her.

I was wondering what Logan had on his lower lip when he was a baby. Looks like he had surgery to correct it. Speaking of hospitals, they are so full of shit about giving birth in hospitals. They don't have to all walk in at the same time announcing they are plygs. They can go visit like they are friends and family and no one will know any differently. And Robyn IS the legal wife so there would be no questions asked in this particular birth.

Kody is squeamish about his son living with a girl but isn't squeamish about sleeping with four women, two who have had former partners. OK then.

Props to Kody for managing to not kiss another wife while Robyn was in labor or delivering.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 19

Between Kody mansplaining childbirth and Robyn delivering a nearly 10 pounder I did feel a little sympathy for  official Mrs. Brown. I myself would have crawled to the hospital on my hands and knees for an epidural.

• Love 24

Christine acts chill, but underneath she is 

5 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

So this show was 50% clip show, 40% Robyn birthing AGAIN and 10% new shit. Yawn.

Christine is honoring the family so hard it is like she is on speed. She lurves Robyn, she doesn't care that Aspyn, her go-to first-in-command child, is shacking up with Robyn and she was the #1 cheerleader for Princess Ari (or as Cynical Jinx calls her, Princess Areolla). I was exhausted watching her.

Loved the editing where Meri is sitting there saying she is waiting for the call to go see the baby and they cut to the rest of the family in Robyn's bedroom cooing over her.

I was wondering what Logan had on his lower lip when he was a baby. Looks like he had surgery to correct it. Speaking of hospitals, they are so full of shit about giving birth in hospitals. They don't have to all walk in at the same time announcing they are plygs. They can go visit like they are friends and family and no one will know any differently. And Robyn IS the legal wife so there would be no questions asked in this particular birth.

Kody is squeamish about his son living with a girl but isn't squeamish about sleeping with four women, two who have had former partners. OK then.

Props to Kody for managing to not kiss another wife while Robyn was in labor or delivering.

Couldn't have summed it any better.

39 minutes ago, Christi said:

Yeah...Cody kept calling her "Mrs Brown"

Way to twist the knife Homeboy

He's so far up Robyn's behind that he doesn't even fathom how that would hurt anyone. He's an idiot. I mean they should all be thrilled as he is.

• Love 5

Loved Kody's remark that giving birth is easier when the woman isn't complaining about pain. Let's see him try it. I felt sorry for Robyn as much as I don't like her. I'm sure she felt pressure to be quiet because she was being filmed. Sorry Kody, it is natural to cry out when you are in pain. Everyone is different, but the close up camera seemed really intrusive. Also loved the comment that locking your knees reduces oxygen to the brain-what? Maybe  when Mariah and Logan become PA's they can teach Kody  basic body facts. Most of this show was boring as hell.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Maire said:

Between Kody mansplaining childbirth and Robyn delivering a nearly 10 pounder I did feel a little sympathy for  official Mrs. Brown. I myself would have crawled to the hospital on my hands and knees for an epidural.

Congrats, Robin, you weaseled, manipulated, and lock jawed you way to the top. Your legal. You won. Now I hope you're stuck with Kody for eternity. You deserve him and his asshatery. Have fun birthing his spirit babies for eternity.

• Love 16

Is this show a ratings hit or something?  Two hours of Robyn giving birth, and they practically showed the birth in real time, along with Kadouche's color commentary.  It was so slow and boring, and two hours of it!  

• Love 8

As a woman who has given birth at home twice, I am very glad I didn't see this episode.  Just the preview was enough for me. Hey Kody, you jackass, it's NOT good to hold your breath while you push. The commercial with him showing us 'how to do it' had me screaming at the TV so much I knew I couldn't watch the whole thing. I'm glad I missed him saying Robyn should be quiet. What a bastard.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Snickerdoodle said:

My random thoughts on the show:

Kody- so annoying, selfish and whiny.  "Why aren't the children listening to meeeeeeee?"

Aspyn -  it seems fitting that one of Christine's daughters is president of her sorority or PanHel or whatever.  Christine seems like she would have been a sorority girl.

Christine also seems so down to earth.  She's cool with Aspyn living with Robyn, and she sees the positive aspects of that.  If it were my mom she would be bitter, bitter, bitter, and I would never hear the end of how I wronged her.

Are they the Berenstain Bears or something?  Baby Sister! Baby Sister! Baby sister!

Robyn being anxious of giving birth on camera -- here's a thought, don't have them film it.  Kody said he wants the wife to be in control, he will do anything she wants during birth...yet they are still filming and airing it.

"Kody is awesome during birth!"  "Don't deny yourself having Kody around for the birth!"  Oh please.  Stop.  The women seem normal to me until they start gushing over Kody.

Gwendelyn.  There's a Gwendelyn?

It makes KODY squeamish that his son wants to live with his girlfriend?  Really? KODY, the man with 4 wives is worried about his son shacking up?

Why didn't they just name the baby Aria?

Yes, there's a Gwendlyn.  She's Christine's and she's very tall.  She has short curly hair, and I think she had the hat with the long scarf during the Hawaii breakfast.

I wonder if they watch Game of Thrones.  My kitten is named Arya after one of my favorite characters.

Truely is starting to look like Ysabel.  Paedon is an absolute giant - he dwarfs Hunter and is starting to look more like Janelle's boys.  Maddie needs to wash her hair a little more often. 

Robyn's parents creeped me out a little bit.  Why did they want to be there just staring for all those hours?  Say what you will about Robyn, but she's a trooper pushing those babies out.

New baby looks like Truely.

• Love 4
(edited)

Haven't watched this show in eons, but have some comments:

Robyn is now pretty much the size of the other three, and I mean in her non-pregnant state.

They all massacre the English language, but, Meri, now that 2 kids are going into the program, it's Physician Assistant, not Physician's Assistant. Learn to say it.

Robyn's two girls have morphed into looking like the other Bio-Brown girls.

In that breakfast scene, one of the older girls was absolutely stuffing her face like she lived in a boarding house. Well, wait......

Yay!  for the kids for never listening to Cody, and that was probably Take # 74.

Little blondie girl talking while in bed....so adorable.

Solomon......spoiled much? 'Nuff said.

Poor Logan...such a nice guy....I hope he gets to date that girl for as long as he wants, or date some other girl if he feels like it.

Robyn's creepy dad lurking around while she's giving birth??? Skeevy to the nth degree.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 9

I see two things making Christine so happy these days.  First of all, Meri put herself in last place with the catfish mess.  Secondly, the bloom is off the rose between Robyn and Kody.  I think the honeymoon may be over, at least for Robyn.  So now Christine can be besties with the only other wife with any energy and they can giggle together and complain about Kody.

• Love 13
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Maire said:

Add crawled on hands and knees through broken glass for me in that scenario. 

Meri's story about Kody mistaking the umbilical cord for a penis and thinking Mariah was a girl? His transformation into being a live action Homer Simpson is now complete!

Homer: "Hello. Aww, it's a boy... and what a boy!"

Dr. Hibbert: "Er, that's the umbilical cord. It's a girl."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5gJqH8U7Q

The Robyn birthing 2 hour special was ridiculous. 

They could afford to bring close to 30 people or more to Hawaii?

It wasn't so much that Kody was unhappy or mad about the gang not being quiet it was that he wasn't the center of attention. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I wonder if they watch Game of Thrones.  My kitten is named Arya after one of my favorite characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the older kids did. They seem pretty cool ? I doubt K'Douche and the wives do. There's one major depiction of plural marriage, and it's an awful one so they probably feel super persecuted.

• Love 2

Grandpa sitting at the foot of the bed, with a front row seat while his daughter gives birth.  They couldn't, at least, move the chair to the side? A little?  

I think the cutting of the cord was a bit too much for Sol to witness.  

• Love 21

Interesting. I did enjoy the old photos and the background on the Brown babies. Mostly, because there is no way that part can be about Robyn and her sainted spawn, AriSol, or the clingers, DayunAuroraBrianna.   But, Kody did mention them once, as if realizing that there was a topic of conversation that didn't include them, and he felt obligated to bring them up. Relax, Doucheboy. We got an excruciatingly drawn out labor and delivery featuring your "legal" wife and kids.

Meri breast fed Madison. Huh. Interesting. Maddie was failure to thrive until Meri stepped in with her boob? Now, you'd think that if Madison was that tiny, and Meri's milk helped (and the pictures they showed seem to back it up) that Janelle and Meri would be closer. That saving your child might wash away some of the resentment over kitchen rights. 

And yeah, Robyn's parents planted at the foot of the bed with box seats to their daughter's hoo-ha? Seriously creepy. 

I'm still wondering about Robyn's home and how Aspyn even fits. How many bedrooms? Robyn and Kodouche have 1 bedroom. AriSol share a second. Dayton probably has his own (3), Aurora and Brianna probably share (4), and Aspyn has her own (5). Isn't there a relative of Robyn's also there? Does the house have SIX bedrooms? 

And I couldn't help but LOL over the portrait in Robyn's room of Robyn and Kody posed with Kody's white midlife crisis sports car. The car being the focal point of the portrait, and Robyn and Kody being dark, shadowy figures on the hood.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I was wondering what Logan had on his lower lip when he was a baby. Looks like he had surgery to correct it. 

Janelle tweeted that he had an hemangioma and had plastic surgery when he was 5 to remove it. 

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Loved Kody's remark that giving birth is easier when the woman isn't complaining about pain. Let's see him try it. 

I'm 99% certain that Kody was talking about Robyn's belief in childbirth, which she learned from her mom. So I cut him a little slack here. 

Secondly, the bloom is off the rose between Robyn and Kody.  

Yes, totally! This is such an interesting development and I hadn't picked up on it. You can see Kody's formerly endearing traits are now annoying to Robyn. And Kody straight up said they'd been disconnected. It will be interesting to see how this continue to develops. 

• Love 6

I know!  Robyn's silent parents with their front row crotch-view seats grossed me out. Then, during the delivery, her dad was standing by the door, still blank but thankfully out of range of the V. Her mom was videoing with a weird look on her face. 

I think if they had shown them talking, moving, something!  It wouldn't have been so weird. 

• Love 9

With the houses I believe Robin got the optional hobby room for MSWC which may now be used as a bedroom.  I can't remember if she got what was called optional bedroom 5 but I believe that she did.  With that plus using the office and hobby rooms as bedrooms, she could have 7 rooms usable as bedrooms.  There is also a bonus room upstairs which Janelle intended to use as a bedroom for some of her boys. 

(edited)

Oh God, if I hear the words "baby sister" one more time!  It's really odd that the entire family, right down to the father of the baby, refers to it as "baby sister."  A few observations:

* Kody was super pissy about Robyn's breathing, etc.  If you're not the one lying on the bed with your legs open, actively giving birth, you don't get to micro-manage the process and you damn sure don't get to get upset about the actively birthing woman's "attitude."  I think it comes down to Kody being a tremendous attention whore.  His little tips and suggestions during the couch interviews were beyond irritating.

* Gramps in the corner of the room, directly facing Robyn's bed.  That was . . . odd.  I don't think you could have paid my father or grandfather (or really any male member of my family and half of the female members) to watch me give birth from that angle.  My own father ducked discreetly from the room waaaay before the blanket was removed and things got serious (and thank God for that).  

* Please tell me that someone else noticed that terribly cheesy framed photo in Robyn bedroom, with the two of them leaning against a fancy, white car, hugging in silhouette with the sunset behind them.  Yeesh.  The 90's called and they want their Glamour Shot back.

* The midwife's super-casual attitude toward the baby's broken collarbone.  I'm certainly no doctor, but . . . really?

* Kody's whiny bitch-fit when the kids wouldn't quiet down in the kitchen for his monumental announcement.  Even when the womenfolk got the kids seated and quiet, he still needed to draw it out another minute or two.  I grew up in a fairly large family of seven.  If you wanted to talk and be heard by everyone, you had to speak up and do it fast.  I assure you, if one of us had pulled that crap, the others would have gone on talking without a second thought.

* My 15-year-old daughter perked up when Dayton made an appearance.  He's a handsome young man and obviously mature beyond his years.  I hope he's getting the attention and care he needs.

These two-hour episodes are just brutal.  Thank God "Naked and Afraid" is on at 10 as a nice palate-cleanser.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 12

It would be impossible to explain how annoying Kody was during the birth to anyone who didn't see it for themselves. Words don't do it justice. How about his exasperated, "If she passes out (from not breathing the way he tells her), then we're all going to have to wait on her!" 

Loved them leaving Meri at home waiting for a mass text. (I guess she could've just gone across the street though.) And Robyn saying there was no way Areola was gonna share a birthday with Meri and Dayton. 

Omg, y'all. Robyn's creepy American gothic parents at the foot of the bed! I kept imagining them holding a pitchfork. 

• Love 20

Thank God "Naked and Afraid" is on at 10 as a nice palate-cleanser

LOL!!!!  Me, I save Naked and Afraid for tomorrow.  I need to cleanse my palate of the Browns before I can enjoy anything else!

I can see the point of the quiet concentration during labour.  Without meds you really need to focus to not let the pain take hold of your mental state.  So I get what Robin's mom was getting at and screaming can tense you up. If it works for Robyn, great, since she has delivered 5 without drugs.  I admit I laboured quietly, when I said "okay really for my epidural now the nurse said I didn't need one yet since I didn't scream at all (but after some arguing about it, it was ordered).

Kody was most annoying in the talking heads with the "this is how you push".  With Robyn in labour he wasn't that bad.  

It was funny the conversation about Kody always being there and a great coach when on camera he wasn't even at the hospital the whole time for Christine's L&D for Truly.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MarysWetBar said:

Was anyone else skeeved the eff out about "old suspenders" in there with a bird's eye view? My dear old Dad would have  likely hung himself before he would ever get dragged into a room to watch me labour and give birth. 

I was. Last time he had a video camera.

• Love 3

Apparently Kody thinks our hearts reside in our knees. 

2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Loved Kody's remark that giving birth is easier when the woman isn't complaining about pain. Let's see him try it. I felt sorry for Robyn as much as I don't like her. I'm sure she felt pressure to be quiet because she was being filmed. Sorry Kody, it is natural to cry out when you are in pain. Everyone is different, but the close up camera seemed really intrusive. Also loved the comment that locking your knees reduces oxygen to the brain-what? Maybe  when Mariah and Logan become PA's they can teach Kody  basic body facts. Most of this show was boring as hell.

As someone else said, that was actually Robyn's mother's advice.  You know - the ladylike way of giving birth.

• Love 5