Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Oathbreaker

• Start Topic

(edited)

I guess this is puberty taking a number on the story, but Bran is too damn old to be throwing temper tantrums of this level. Before this you were being drug along in the snow, starving, trying desperately not to die, this is a major upgrade.  The guy's talked about how geriatric he is every episode, you think Bran would catch a hint that maybe this mystical dude is gonna die soon and maybe he should stfu and learn the techniques. There's no way hand-holding a angsty teenager across history comes at no cost, it's probably wearing the poor guy out. 

Melisandre's face when she saw Jon breathing was hilarious. I guess she's all aboard the crazy-pants express again, can you imagine her chasing Jon all the way back to Winterfell? Though I'm pretty sure Jon will straight punch her out of she suggests he sacrifice Tormund et al. so she can power up again.

Speaking of, I would pay good money to have Tormund's actor just growl out lines for audiobooks. Dude's hilarious and makes this marauding psychopath of a character seem like someone who would fireman's carry you home after drinking too much and tuck you in.

After this  jaunt, can Khaleesi go to Arya's murder school and get some skills already? It's like every story arc starts with her being degraded and her only defense is running her mouth with her longass name and titles. When has this ever worked? Literally never. 

Varys, showing why he's terrifying. I love how he would flit in closer to the spy, just to remind her of just how big he is and how he could pound her into the ground all by himself, then step back and complain about how heavy the bag of silver was. I'm pretty sure his birds in Westeros are just pulling double-duty now. No way they were filching up the info they were for in exchange for a knocked-off dad and some plums. Qyburn is underestimating Varys.

Tywin's "you're not as clever as you think you are" continues to ring down through time onto both Lannister twins. Nothing stupider than continuing to snarl at Olenna when you know she's the ruling the place providing all your food. And neither of them apparently took the time to impart some of their viper-like paranoia into Tommen, who's swallowing the High Sparrow's bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

Can literally nothing good ever happen to decent characters? Jesus, everyone's out here freezing their butts off and running for their lives while Ramsay gets served his greatest enemy on a platter. Ugh. I hate the way he was looking at Osha too. He's not going to fall for the hard sex then knock them out routine she pulled with Theon.

Ha at Arya getting a burn in on that asshole trainee. Can't catch her lying that she doesn't want to murder you if you have no name! Ha! I guess she's figured out how to hide herself deep enough to pass all their crazy tests, because you know the minute they turn her loose she's going to be sitting on Cersei's chest, giggling while she stabs her to death.

Edited by rozen
  • Love 13
(edited)
19 hours ago, Lillith said:

I don't know what it is but Dany and her storyline just never quite engages me fully.  It should but it never quite does.  But I am curious what next week holds in store for her. 

I feel exactly the same way but with Jon Snow. From the minute we met him until now, I found his scenes boring and have started to ffwd through them. The most I've ever liked him was when he has fighting with the White Walker King. Everything else (including his "death" which was pretty obviously not going to stick) just hasn't caught my interest at all.

Some of the best acting on this show is wordless. I love the look that comes over Dany's face when she's told all the Khalasars will come together to decide which cities get sacked. She's like, "opportunity!" Let's see . . . let's go with Yunkai, Astapor, Volantis? There's a way to play this. . .

It would be the smartest thing she's done in a long, long time.

I enjoyed Tyrion's chat with Missandei and Grey Worm. Some much needed humour on this show. Varys also continues to be quite the puppeteer, no matter where he is.

Hopefully Lady Tyrell can free her grand daughter now before the High Sparrow wears her down.

Ser Dayne was right, that was the beginning of everything.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 5

I'm hoping Sansa and Jon meet up on the road.  I wonder if Mellisandre will go after him?

I'm glad we're getting some story filled in with Bran's visits to the past, but I'm guessing it's going to take a long time for Bran to "learn everything." 

We haven't even seen Littlefinger yet!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SoWindsor said:

Why can't they just kill the high sparrow? It makes no sense that Cersei would allow him to live??

Cause it'd be like murdering the pope, the peasants are already anti-monarchy you don't want to rile them up even more.

• Love 4

Howland Reed stabbing Dayne before Ned finished hm off...loved that the Tower of Joy scene showed truth to Bran, not the family fiction. And Dayne was beautifully cast...a great fighter. Can't wait for the Ned/Lyanna scene.

Dany, come on, seize the moment. Remember, crisis equals opportunity...and yeah, Jorah and boyfriend are still out there looking for you. As is Drogon, and the other two babes are now unchained. You still have a chance, girlfriend. And Varys is still working, though Tyrion is remarkably useless at the moment.

Varys' birds...are they telling him about Qyburn, and Frankenmonster...hard to believe he does not have his team keeping him up to date on doings in KL. Are his little birds double agents now?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Varys' birds...are they telling him about Qyburn, and Frankenmonster...hard to believe he does not have his team keeping him up to date on doings in KL. Are his little birds double agents now?

I wondered about that too. One or two of them might even be triple agents.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Because that violates the rules of chivalry. You're not supposed to sneak up and steal your opponent in the back, you're supposed to face them up front and give them a chance to see you coming.

I think it was just that Bran was disappointed Ned didn't defeat the badass knight himself. The rules of chivalry weren't that impractical and this wasn't meant to be a one-on-one duel.

1 hour ago, Oscirus said:

Then why was Janos beheaded?

Jon may have been feeling a tad more merciful before he got murdered.

1 hour ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I also echo the sentiments of not wanting to watch Ramsay torture Osha and Rickon.  Especially when that Umber mentioned young Karstark liking little boys... ugh.

I think that was just a reference to the previous Lord Karstark murdering two young boys. Or at least I hope that's what was meant.

• Love 1

Lots of great stuff...

Poor Shaggy Dog... I'll echo a few others here and say I think Umber is conning Ramsey.  I don't want to see another Bolton win.

Arya took the Hound off the list, but she still left him. Why?  I still can't forgive her for that.  I'm looking forward to hearing the "name".

I hope Pycelle poisons Gregor.

• Love 2

Every time I look at young Ned Stark I just see Neil Patrick Harris.  I tried.  I tried real hard to take him seriously.  I couldn't.

On the other hand, dayum Luke Roberts has been holding out on us over on Black Sails.  That two handed sword fight...I need a shower and a cigarette.

IDK, it's not like I think the show it terrible now.  I just...I don't connect to it the way I used to.  I don't know that it's any one thing.  In fact I'm fairly certain it's not.  It's many small things that by themselves wouldn't matter but added up...I just don't get excited anymore.  I keep watching, or at least reading recaps, hoping that will change but so far this season hasn't exactly wowed me.  

• Love 10

I don't know what it is but Dany and her storyline just never quite engages me fully.  It should but it never quite does.  But I am curious what next week holds in store for her. 

I have grown to find Jon quite interesting - I certainly didn't in the first couple of seasons - but Dany has always been and remains a stereotypical fantasy genre character to me. The only time I ever perk up with her story line is when her dragon is around. Other than that I find her a boring Mary Sue. And it doesn't help that the actor playing her is not very good IMO.

• Love 6

Arya's storyline may seem to be the 'dull one' at the moment, but I feel her moment of reckoning is coming. Forget dragons, or FrankenMountain, if she can truly become no one, well, in my opinion, that is pretty bad ass.  There isn't anyone more stealth than a faceless assassin -- I mean, the girl could get all the payback. 

Something good has got to happen for the Starks. Please, make this happen. The family gets shit on continuously. 

Death to Ramsey. May it be long, cruel, and freaking horrific. The dude has it coming. 

• Love 9

I just can't get over the fact that Bran and Rickon both seem to be so much older this season than last. Last season, they were both little children. This season, they seem to be on the verge of manhood. Whenever I see them, I am taken out of the story and my mind focuses on the actors playing them. Somehow, I feel there was an error made somewhere along the line by expecting the audience to accept these two Stark boys as the same characters they were last season when they look so completely different.

Maybe this is my fault. Perhaps I should be able to accept their growth and deal with it like most of the audience seems to handle it. But, I just don't know how.

(edited)
3 hours ago, fellini said:

I didn't like this episode. It was boring. No one cares about Sam and Gilly. The episodes need to be more interesting and have more action.Where is the action?

I couldn't quite accept this episode. I just didn't find much entertainment in about half of the scenes. I have to agree with Fellini about Sam & Gilly. But I felt the same way about so many other scenes. As a matter of fact, I felt that way about most all of the major characters  - like Danaerys, Arya, Tyrion, Varys, etc.

I would have liked to have seen Sansa, Theon, Brienne, Pod, Littlefinger and many others. But they were all absent.

Perhaps, I am lacking an appreciation because I don't understand many of the subplots. I just don't know why I couldn't seem to find much entertainment in this episode.

Edited by AliShibaz
  • Love 1

In Bran's flashback, when they showed the castle, I was transported to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Oh sure,  they showed horses' hooves, but I was expecting coconuts. 

• Love 9
(edited)

It cracked me up that Edd kept asking Jon if that was really him.  That EXACT question has been on my mind since last week.  After Jon's mic drop, I was left wondering where he was going, and the only thing I can think is that he's off to find his family.  I'm excellent with that; I hope he makes his way to Winterfell and takes out that psychotic POS who now has his little brother.  I wonder if the Red Witch will follow him?  I'm hoping Davos does.

I wasn't as crazy about DoogieHowserNed as I was about LittleNed, but I liked that he seemed to hear/sense Bran.  So Bran is not just glimpsing into the past, a part of him is present there as well.  Very cool.  As much as I wanted to see Lyanna and find out why she was screaming, I like the way all of this is unfolding.  (As opposed to Arya's story, which I haven't found interesting since S2, or Daenerys', which hasn't consistently engaged me since S1 - although I did like she and Tyrion together last season).

I'm actually happy for Theon, that he made it back to the Iron Islands, i.e., the previews.  I was terrified that Umber had found he and Sansa and were bringing them back.  But, no, yet another House fucks over the Starks.  Poor Rickon.  And Shaggydog is gone now, too. :*(

Oh, Olly.  Smug little pissant til the very end.  Deuces!

So glad Sansa is back next week.

Edited by lvbalgurl
  • Love 2

Best thing about this episode: naked Jon Snow.

Worst thing about this episode: dead Shaggy Dog.

you know the minute they turn her loose she's going to be sitting on Cersei's chest, giggling while she stabs her to death.

I really hope so. Cersei is on my short list of people who need to die. I don't care how much she loves her children. She is still a total bitch in my book.

Every time I look at young Ned Stark I just see Neil Patrick Harris.  I tried.  I tried real hard to take him seriously.  I couldn't.

I thought the same thing too. I kept waiting for him to tell the others to suit up.

• Love 7

Now that I'm calmer over Shaggydog's death, I can process the rest of the episode.

I continue to love Davos. He was bewildered but still so supportive of confused Jon. He seemed so fatherly with him in the opening scene. He may not be much of a fighter or a hunter or a learned man, but he is wise and gentle and the perfect calming presence that Jon needed upon waking up. I was impressed Melisandre wasn't all fanatical with Jon. I could see the wheels spinning in her head and I'm sure the crazy will make an appearance soon enough, but at least in the early going she gave Jon the space he needed.

I laughed at Tormund's pecker joker and  loved the bear hug he gave Jon. If he wasn't before, Tormund is definitely firmly on Team Jon now. Those two have come a long way. I'm loving the Wildlings and remaining Night's Watchmen hanging out in the courtyard together. I guess they're all in awe/fear of the dead man walking that they've forgotten they hate each other. Uh, I guess Edd is the 1000th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch...congratulations, Edd? 

Not sorry to see Olly go. Little shit was giving the snearing piss face to the very end. He could never replace any of your true brothers, Jon. Now go save your real little brother. Please.

The fight at the Tower of Joy was freakin' awesome! Arthur Dayne lived up to his reputation as the greatest swordsman that ever lived. I noticed Howland Reed was the first one to go down and I guess he played possum until he could sneak up on Arthur and stab him in the back. Bran looked a bit disgusted by that turn of events but, hey, whatever saved Ned's life is fine with me. Young Ned was perfect: the accent, the costume and hair, even the way he fought. I wanted to see more of him...and presumably we will when Bran returns to that scene later. 

For the first time in a long time, I liked Arya's training scene. As much as I hate watching the Waif endlessly beat the crap out of her, she did prove to be a good teacher. Arya is turning into a hell of a fighter. I don't think she was being deceitful with the Waif when she said she had 4 brothers. "My brother gave me that sword." "My brothers taught me how to use a sword." She's never considered Jon her half-brother and he's certainly her favorite. I hope they meet again.

King's Landing continues to be a total bore. Am I supposed to root for Cersei now just because she walked through the streets naked and people laughed and jeered at her? I hate her even more - now that she's got a monster killing anyone who dares bring up her walk of shame. She is perhaps the worst thing to happen to the Seven Kingdoms since the Mad King. At this point, I'm actually rooting for a bunch of religious nuts to take her down. Or at least they can all kill each other. And soon. Jesus, I hate everything King's Landing right now.

• Love 12
(edited)

This season sure seems to be bringing almost everyone back, now.  Osha and a now much older Rickon are in the house!  Well.... Ramsay's house, to be exact, so there really isn't much to celebrate right now.  I really hope this is all leading to a huge downfall for him, because it is getting tiring seeing everything come up Ramsay.  Also, I'm starting to think that all the families in the North, who aren't Stark, kind of suck.  I mean, I guess almost everyone on this show is kind of an asshole, but at least the King's Landing folks are a bit more open about it.  The North and the family likes to act honorable, but when they do things use kids as leverage, turning a blind-eye to a torturer happy nutty family, and hosting the worst wedding reception of all time, it's hard to really respect these guys.

Jon already being back in the living was fun.  Loved how quickly Tormund was down with it, and how happy Dolorious Edd was too.  But I guess I can't blame Jon for telling the Night's Watch to peace out after all the shit he went through.  At least he get to carry out the final execution and rid the wall of Alister and Olly.  Couldn't happen to a nicer pair!

Dany is already at her new place with all the widows from former Khals.  She really needs to figure out that saying your numerous titles over and over again, is not going to impress the Dothraki.

Meanwhile in Meereen, Varys got the gang a much needed win by figuring out who is funding the Harpies.  He only had to casually threaten one person!  While he's doing that, Tyrion has the most hilarious awkward conversation with Grey Worm and Missandei.  Small talk is clearly not big with those two.  I bet Tyrion is missing Bronn almost as much as I do.

Olenna!  Finally!  I missed her wit and dirty mouth.  I hope she can find some way to get Margaery out of her cell soon, because I need my Natalie Dormer fix, stat!  And Kevan is already shooting his way up to my favorite Lannister list, by not taking Cersei/Jaime's crap, and just moving the Council to another room, when they tried to throw their weight around.  Yay, Kevan!  Funy seeing that Pycelle is still the same old dotting weasel.

Oh, Tommen.  The High Sparrow already has his claws in him, and he doesn't even know it, yet.  That kid is just so not cut out for this game.

Sam and Gilly are back too and still dull.

Arya gets her eye sight back, so hopefully this plot is finally going to go somewhere soon.

Bran's trips to the past continue to be interesting.  That fight scene was epic, and the actor playing Young Ned was pretty good.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, that one guy said:

Hide contents

I don't usually get it when people say they'll quit the show after something bad happens, but don't kill Osha, okay? Enough with the gratuitous violence against  women. We get it already. Evil patriarchy, crapsack world, blah blah blah. Please don't go there. Please?

I don't really understand this complaint. 8 men and one teenage? boy died this episode and no females died, the only females suffering from violence were the Nameless Girls in the dojo of the Blind and Faceless. 

That said this episode was unfulfilling. I really hope they go with the Alexander the Great's resolution to the cast creep and just kill off or sideline about 50% of these subplots because I just don't care about Arya's training, Dany's 3rd imprisonment by hostile forces, John's whatever, Bran continually ignoring his teacher, he has that in common with Arya, never listens to an instruction the first time. Or Sam and Gill, the flashbacks of whatevering, the Cersei plotting revenge for a slight for the 50th time since the show began and so on and so on. 

The only highlights for me this episode were the unimpressed looks by Grey Worm and... translator... and Olenna's little quip at Cersei's expense. Other than that, it was a long slow episode where nothing particularly interesting happened that advanced the plot in any meaningful way. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Upon rewatching, I noticed that Faceless girl showed a look of concern when A GIRL mentioned "Walder Frey". She went from asking A GIRL about Arya's funny little list to turning around like "wait, what?! uh oh."

Edited by Potanical Pardon
  • Love 5

This show has a real problem in that they cast charming and engaging actors to play real shitty men so when they are rightfully killed, I'm sad about it.

The Hound, Roose, Alliser - all charismatic actors and I was bummed when they died.  Which is bollocks.  Damn casting supervisor.

It occurs to me the entire hour could be Bran warging into flashbacks and I would be cool with it.

• Love 12
(edited)

I will say this for Allister Thorn; he was consistently wrong to the end. Maybe if he had seen the whitewalkers, he would have understood. He would have been a good leader on the battlefield, but instead he committed treason and died with dishonor.

I felt for Ollie. He was an angry child until his last breath. I don't blame him for wanting vengeance for the wildings killing his parents, but Thorn should have never involved him in his treachery. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
(edited)

"No! Go back to Bran's story!" I found myself shouting for the first time ever. That sword fight was awesome, and present day is so wrought with corruption, it's fun to see a time on the show when honor meant something, even though that time was guilty of betrayal too.

Ugh the Rickon reveal. Ugh. It's like D&D were like, "Okay, so you don't like watching Sansa get beat and tortured, we get it. We'll just do it with Rickon instead. Sound good?" No. Not at all. The Boltons have enough Stark blood on their hands. Ramsay has been winning for long enough. Time for the tables to turn. Please! I am on board with Umber pulling a long con, but I'm skeptical. That head seemed awfully small to be a dire wolf. Which, on a final note, STOP KILLING GODDAMN DIRE WOLVES! My fragile heart can't take it.

And come on Faceless Man, let a girl go assassinate Ramsay Bolton and let her brother have his house back.

I'm with Jon Snow. I'm out! (You know, until next week.)

Edited by absnow54
  • Love 10

Arya's storyline may seem to be the 'dull one' at the moment, but I feel her moment of reckoning is coming. Forget dragons, or FrankenMountain, if she can truly become no one, well, in my opinion, that is pretty bad ass.  There isn't anyone more stealth than a faceless assassin -- I mean, the girl could get all the payback. 

Isn't personal revenge what got her blinded in the first place?

• Love 7

I'm all for Tommen falling under the spell of the High Sparrow if it somehow means Cersei will be destroyed.  But am I remembering correctly that the witch's prophecy to Cersei was that all three of her kids would die while she was still alive?  Doesn't give me much hope for poor ol' Tommen this season.

I loved the scenes in Mereen, especially my man Grey Worm.  "We talk about going on patrol, what we saw on patrol..."  It's nice to get a laugh out of this soul-crushing show once in a while.

Arya's story is my least favorite by far, but please god let her actually DO something now.  I can't sit through one more scene of her getting smacked in the mouth with a stick and blood spurting everywhere. 

So happy that the Small Council just got up and left when Cerseil and Jaime came in looking all smug.  I figured Lord Tyrell would be too terrified to move, but I guess having his mommy there bolstered his confidence a bit.

And another bit of King's Landing business that I still don't understand - why the Lannister army doesn't just kill the Faith Militant.  Are they worried it would anger/incite the people against them?  The people hate them already, what would the murder of a hundred or so guys with shaved heads matter?

• Love 1

The timelines seem a bit wonky for me but at least Baby Sam seemed like he aged a little bit. And was it me, or was the scene of Dani walking in the hoard a repeat from the last episode? I can't wait for Mel to get her crazy on now that she raised Jon from the dead. And as much as I don't like her, I'm looking forward to the Cersie Lannister Revenge Tour.

I can't think of a show in recent memory that has made me more interested in the generation that came before it. Not even Star Wars made me as interested in the older generation's backstory. Every time Bran gets to go back in time, I am left wanting more. I hope when GoT is ended, they do a show based on those that came before the current characters.

• Love 4

Why don't they just change the name of the show to "Everything's coming up Ramsay" that's what it's becoming.

Everybody Loves Ramsay would be perfect.  "There's our Ramsey flaying another innocent."   "Ramsey fed someone else to the dogs...that little scamp"

"Let's make sure all of Ramsay's enemies are literally served up to him with a shiny bow"

I hate it when show runners fall in love with an actor or actress and the audience is like "Why the hell does nothing bad happen to this character?"

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Everybody Loves Ramsay would be perfect.  "There's our Ramsey flaying another innocent."   "Ramsey fed someone else to the dogs...that little scamp"

"Let's make sure all of Ramsay's enemies are literally served up to him with a shiny bow"

I hate it when show runners fall in love with an actor or actress and the audience is like "Why the hell does nothing bad happen to this character?"

It was what pretty much killed NBC's Heroes, when the show would not let Sylar die.

• Love 2

And was it me, or was the scene of Dani walking in the hoard a repeat from the last episode?

In the previous episode, Dani was taken to Khal Moro and he told her that as the widow of a khal, she would be taken to Vaes Dothrak to live with the other widows, which is where they were walking this week.

The Osha/Rickon handover screams like set-up to me. Plus that looks like a regular wolf's head.

I'm looking forward to one of them offing Ramsey in the worst way possible.

• Love 5

After this episode, I am literally horrified by 3 things-
(1) Another Direwolf gone?  Please no.  I want this part of the story to be a long con on Ramsey; (2) Richon and Osha are now prisoners of psycho Ramsey; (3) I want a glimpse, at the least, of flashback  Rhaegar and now it looks like we may only see Lyanna.  Not nice GoT!!

I think Richon will be safe for the time being because Ramsey is not stupid and with Jon on the way, Richon can be used for bargaining. Or Ramsey will just plan to keep him until Jon arrives and then slaughter the kid while his brother is watching.  Seems like a Ramsey move, doesn't it?  I fear for Osha and I will be mightily pissed if something happens to her.

Loved Tormund's and Edd's reaction to a resurrected Jon.  Didn't it look like Jon's wounds were hurting him after Tormund's hearty bear hug?  Maybe it was just the strength of the hug.

I really have to say hubba hubba about Dayne.  I NEVER would have connected the character to actor Luke Roberts of Black Sails.  Although LR is quite handsome as Governor Woodes Rogers, I must say facial hair really looks especially nice on him.  Great sword fight until the back stab to the neck.

Good to know that the despicable but entertaining Littlefinger will be back.  How much chaos can he cause at this point? Probably a lot until he is faced with the reality of a WW.

• Love 6

The timelines seem a bit wonky for me but at least Baby Sam seemed like he aged a little bit.

The way the Stark kids have powered through puberty, Baby Samwell still being a swaddled infant was starting to push credibility.

I can't think of a show in recent memory that has made me more interested in the generation that came before it. Not even Star Wars made me as interested in the older generation's backstory. Every time Bran gets to go back in time, I am left wanting more. I hope when GoT is ended, they do a show based on those that came before the current characters.

I would love for HBO to do a prequel series, because I'm pretty much over all the current characters (the Starks excluded) and would rather watch an hour of Bran's visions each week.

• Love 4

Unfortunately, I think that Umber has betrayed his oath to the Starks. He had no way of knowing that Ramsey would not immediately kill Rickon after handing him over. It isn't like Ramsey is rational.

Jon better still be at Castle Black when Sansa, Brienne, and Pod arrive or I am cussing up a storm. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Ok, I had to stop reading.  I thought this was the NO BOOK talk.  Can you people PLEASE stop spoiling the show by revealing Jon Snow's parentage?  It's driving me crazy!

Just a couple of things before I drop the mike on this spoilerific forum: 

I'm tired of them killing the direwolves.  At this point I'm only in it for the direwolves and the dragons.  Show stop killing the best actors. 

I'm tired of Ramsey.  He is not at all entertaining and we have had like three whole seasons of this schmuck.  Enough already, we get it.  He's mean.  Kill him or I kill my viewership. 

I'm tired of Sam and Gilly.  Yes they are sweet but they aren't contenders for the throne so I don't care.  Also, I'm tired of vomit on camera.  When did toilet matters become entertainment? Do we get to next see somebody with a bought of diarrhea with brown spurts coming from their butts?  Just stop.

I'm tired of Dany walking through the desert.  She has three dragons that can fly.  Hop on one and make it to wherever the hell you're going.  We are in the fourth season of Dany in the desert.  Also tired the supposed take downs of Dany.  Why does she have to be humbled?  In addition to being a Khal widow, she honestly DOES have an army, a city or two and is mother to dragons and is the daughter of the previous king.  She's not making up those titles - so why the disrespect?  Meanwhile Jon is supposed to conquer the world holding the title of Stark bastard and Lord Commander of the Land of Misfit Toys.  Misogyny is alive and well.

The only good about the whole episode was Varys and Tyrion actually PLAYING the Game of Thrones.  They are riveting!

Peace!  I'm out.  The show is bad enough without being spoiled on every single actual surprise.

Edited by Timetoread
Spelling
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Unfortunately, I think that Umber has betrayed his oath to the Starks. He had no way of knowing that Ramsey would not immediately kill Rickon after handing him over. It isn't like Ramsey is rational.

Jon better still be at Castle Black when Sansa, Brienne, and Pod arrive or I am cussing up a storm. 

While I am cynical and can see how a pen is just a pen so it wouldn't surprise me if they killed off Rickon in the next few episode, Lord Umber did call out Ramsey for being the one to kill Roose, commiserated with him on wanting to kill his own dad, indicating he knows that Ramsey is capable of killing off blood relatives, so an in law that would block his chances to taking complete control of the North is not going be long for the world. Lord Umber did give shade to Kastark for his lack of honor, but Kastark is still understandably pissed about Robb killing his dad over some Lannisters, so I would like to believe LittleJon would have as much affection for GreatJon and only said wanting to off his dad to get Ramsey to trust him. The Umbers weren't only the ones that bended the knee, it was GreatJon's idea to have Robb as king and become their own country again, so the Umbers inadvertently lead Robb to his death.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Timetoread said:

Ok, I had to stop reading.  I thought this was the NO BOOK talk.  Can you people PLEASE stop spoiling the show by revealing Jon Snow's parentage?  It's driving me crazy!

It's still speculation at this point. 

• Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, gwhh said:

Nothing better than coming back from the DEAD and being told you have a small man sword by your former emeny new BFF!  

Who was it Jon told he was commander of the night watch when he left the castle?  

Jon handed his black robe to Dolorous Edd who I assumed will be the new Commander of the Night's Watch. It's always been in the back of my mind when I see Dolorous Edd that I thought he was sent by Bolton as a spy to the Night's Watch. If he was, then he made a turnabout and connected with the men and became loyal to them and not to Bolton.

Even though it may be fun to watch Bran walking on two legs while he revisits his 'roots' (cheap joke) I can't stop wondering if the warning that The Raven gives to Bran each time about staying too long and never returning will result in Bran somehow being caught in some era of the past forever.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Timetoread said:

Just a couple of things before I drop the mike on this spoilerific forum: 

I'm tired of them killing the direwolves.  At this point I'm only in it for the direwolves and the dragons.  Show stop killing the best actors. 

I'm tired of Ramsey.  He is not at all entertaining and we have had like three whole seasons of this schmuck.  Enough already, we get it.  He's mean.  Kill him or I kill my viewership. 

I'm tired of Sam and Gilly.  Yes they are sweet but they aren't contenders for the throne so I don't care.  Also, I'm tired of vomit on camera.  When did toilet matters become entertainment? Do we get to next see somebody with a bought of diarrhea with brown spurts coming from their butts?  Just stop.

I'm tired of Dany walking through the desert.  She has three dragons that can fly.  Hop on one and make it to wherever the hell you're going.  We are in the fourth season of Dany in the desert.  Also tired the supposed take downs of Dany.  Why does she have to be humbled?  In addition to being a Khal widow, she honestly DOES have an army, a city or two and is mother to dragons and is the daughter of the previous king.  She's not making up those titles - so why the disrespect?  Meanwhile Jon is supposed to conquer the world holding the title of Stark bastard and Lord Commander of the Land of Misfit Toys.  Misogyny is alive and well.

The only good about the whole episode was Varys and Tyrion actually PLAYING the Game of Thrones.  They are riveting!

Peace!  I'm out.  The show is bad enough without being spoiled on every single actual surprise.

Apart from the spoilers stuff I'm with you 100% here.

- Get rid of Ramsay show, we don't like him at all and he's not even entertaining in a Joffrey sort of way so why are we still giving him so much screen time? Give it to someone else!

- Unless Sam eventually ends up with the Iron Throne, I don't really care about his story either.

- I've spoken before about Dany's seemingly circular storyline. It's beginning to grate. Get those dragons and their mother to Westeros please. We know they'll be needed against the White Walkers so can we have some progression on that front?

- Nothing more to add about Jon Snow that I haven't already posted. Handsome underdog story who gets to save everyone isn't my thing and unless his resurrection has actually permanently changed something in him (which, I concede may pop up in the future) then he still holds barely any interest for me.

- No Dorne this week which is fine. They've completely botched that particular House so the less we visit them the better.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, magdalene said:

I have grown to find Jon quite interesting - I certainly didn't in the first couple of seasons - but Dany has always been and remains a stereotypical fantasy genre character to me. The only time I ever perk up with her story line is when her dragon is around. Other than that I find her a boring Mary Sue. And it doesn't help that the actor playing her is not very good IMO.

Yes, I agree that Danerys is super-boring. She just doesn't do a lot. She's all talk and no action. When is she going over to Westeros? What is she waiting for? That whole storyline seems a waste of time right now.

11 hours ago, CatMack said:

He is certainly no Sean Bean.

• Love 4

It is amazing how Cersei's children turned out. One would make Satan look like a saint and the other two are weak, sweet gullible children. You just know Tommen, that sweet summer child, is buying the High Sparrow's shit hook line and sinker. In two weeks Tommen will be bald-headed, beating a tambourine and selling bean pies down at King Landings docks.  

My heart can't take anymore Stark suffering. Here I was thinking that the Starks would stop collecting all these 'Ls' in the Game, and that ass Umber delivers poor Rickon to that psycho Ramsey. 

13 hours ago, Lillith said:

Screw you house Umber!  Unless you're faking of course. 

I would love Umber handing Rickon off to be some kind of ruse but I can't see how it is. Unless either (1) 1,000 soldiers are gonna come tumbling out of him like he is some human Trojan horse; or (2) they trained him and Osha to be two killing machines; I don't see how giving what they believe to be the last remaining male Stark to a man he knows just murdered his own daddy, his stepmom and her minutes out the womb newborn in order to wrest power of the North into his own hands is some kind of strategic move. 

The North remembers my ass. The North has Alzheimers. 

6 hours ago, Potanical Pardon said:

Upon rewatching, I noticed that Faceless girl showed a look of concern when A GIRL mentioned "Walder Frey". She went from asking A GIRL about Arya's funny little list to turning around like "wait, what?! uh oh."

gods, I hate Walder Frey. I do wonder if the killing of his daughter and grandchild severs the alliance. I wouldn't mind if Ramsey's last act of sadism involved giving Frey the flayed man treatment. Please make it so. 

Dany's story continues to disappoint. However, I didn't think the Khalessi retirement home was all that bad. Frankly, I was envisioning the Khalessi's of Great Khal's past were treated like the servants of Egyptian pharaohs - killed and entombed with their husbands or just entombed alive. So really it is just a Khalessi Shady Pines. Could've have been worse.

Too bad Westeros doesn't have the Craiglist version of Missed Connections (something with ravens, I guess?) available for the ever just missing each other Starks. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I would love for HBO to do a prequel series, because I'm pretty much over all the current characters (the Starks excluded) and would rather watch an hour of Bran's visions each week.

I have felt this way the whole series.  After they killed the party King, and Ned, and I realized the "older generation" would all be killed off and this would be a story about the kids, I became disenchanted and never quite got back my enthusiasm for the show that I had in Season 1.  All the interesting stuff seemed to happen with the older generation and we never saw it, and really, how am I supposed to be excited about Bran and Arya and Rickon and Tommen?  I'd lump Dany there, too, except dragons, but otherwise, she's wallpaper to me.  And anyway, the kids are doing very little while everyone else is just wandering around with random killings and battles and they've lost the plot.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

And another bit of King's Landing business that I still don't understand - why the Lannister army doesn't just kill the Faith Militant.  Are they worried it would anger/incite the people against them?  The people hate them already, what would the murder of a hundred or so guys with shaved heads matter?

I don't understand that either. Imprisoning the Queen would be treason, so they should be able to destroy the FM no problem. Is it that they would be out-numbered? How many of those people are there? 

Tommen is going to totally fall for the High Sparrow's BS.

Edited by KaleyFirefly
High Sparrow
  • Love 1

I thought the guy playing young Ned did an awesome job of being a young Sean Bean. His facial expressions and the way he carried himself were spot on (albeit younger). They are such a tease not letting us follow Ned up the tower! UGH!!  BTW, nobody knows Jon Snow's parentage, not even book readers, that's why it is just speculation. A lot of us are hopeful that the flashbacks we are seeing now may finally tell us that story, since Ned never got to have that chat with Jon.

I'm hoping that the Umbers are just conning the Boltons but I could really see it going either way. I was pretty sure it was a ploy until I saw that Direwolf head. I was under the impression Direwolves were pretty rare south of the wall and probably not easy to find a ringer just lying around :(

But Ramsay is going to meet his end somehow this season I bet, whether it be by a Jon Snow/Wildling army marching on Winterfell or some attempt by the Umbers to overthrow him. Roose cautioned that if he behaved like a rabid dog he'd be treated like one and maybe that's what Lord Umber is up to. Either way, I found Lord Umber hilarious so I really hope he's not yet another bad guy conspiring against the Starks. BTW I think Walder Frey may be a bit angry to hear what became of Walda when word gets out... so I do think some hell is ready to rain down on House Bolton any minute now.

• Love 2