Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Oathbreaker

• Start Topic

On 5/9/2016 at 10:32 PM, Last Time Lord said:

You could argue Nymeria, Arya's Direwolf. She's been missing since early season 1, but far as we know, she's still alive.

These days I think she just calls herself "a wolf," though.

• Love 12

---I really hope it's true about a different direwolf head being shown to Ramsay—too many of the Stark direwolves have died. And the Umbers conning Ramsay—that's a delicious possibility.

I'm pretty sure his birds in Westeros are just pulling double-duty now. Now way they were filching up the info they were for in exchange for a knocked-off dad and some plums. Qyburn is underestimating Varys.

Good point, rozen! I think Varys is smart enough to head off his birds from giving the really good info to anyone else.

There's so much difference in opinions and viewpoints of viewers—several have posted that this episode was slow and boring. I found it anything but—lots of catching up on a good number of characters. Quite gratifying.

I'm all for Tommen falling under the spell of the High Sparrow if it somehow means Cersei will be destroyed.

Well, that puts me in the difficult position of having to side with Cersei, vengeful beeyatch that she is. I detest more strongly “saintly” types who humble/brag that they only want everyone's further spiritual growth, and are gleefully abusive in pursuing that goal.

And please, can Drogon and the other dragons show up and go dracarys on the Dothrakis?

• Love 2

MO, Ghost had a cautious reaction to Jon's rez. He stood back and whimpered when Davos was talking to Jon. No joyful reunion.

Poor wolf must have been damn hungry waiting around for the resurrection. My headcanon is that once Jon was up and around and looked to stay that way, Ghost took off for a nosh and will find Jon later.

This show is starting to seem a bit like Lost to me. They keep on bringing more crazy shit into the plot and just abandon things for seasons at a time and you wonder if they are ever getting back to that plot point?  I just hope that it doesn't end all crazy like Lost did.

I have zero interest in watching Ramsey torture anybody else. But I'm all for anyone giving him the slowest and most painful death possible. 

• Love 5

Random thought. This has to be a record for most episodes in a row without a gratuitous sex scene. I'm having trouble even remembering the last one. What's wrong in the GOT world? Are things so serious now, nobody is even having sex anymore??

• Love 3

My husband asked me where Rickon and Osha were going when they separated from Bran two seasons ago and I thought Bran was going North and Osha was going to take Rickon somewhere safe but he said that didn't seem right and now I can't remember.  Help?

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

My husband asked me where Rickon and Osha were going when they separated from Bran two seasons ago and I thought Bran was going North and Osha was going to take Rickon somewhere safe but he said that didn't seem right and now I can't remember.  Help?

bran told them to goto house Umber at the last Hearth.

If the Umbers aren't really part of some deceptive plot with Osha and Rickon then the Starks are even bigger dummies than I originally thought believing in those families' loyalties - the Umbers and Karstarks. And whoever else has betrayed them besides the Boltons that they were so sure never would.

33 minutes ago, Potanical Pardon said:

If the Umbers aren't really part of some deceptive plot with Osha and Rickon then the Starks are even bigger dummies than I originally thought believing in those families' loyalties - the Umbers and Karstarks. And whoever else has betrayed them besides the Boltons that they were so sure never would.

The North is like the former Yugoslavia.  All the republics were somewhat ok with each other for decades while under President Tito.  After he died, it ended up a free for all with one republic after another splitting apart, either cleanly or with blood. 

The North was loosely held together by Ned, and after he died, all bets were off.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

Poor wolf must have been damn hungry waiting around for the resurrection. My headcanon is that once Jon was up and around and looked to stay that way, Ghost took off for a nosh and will find Jon later.

Perhaps his joy at Jon's return was muted by his awareness of his littermate's recent death.

9 hours ago, knaankos said:

Random thought. This has to be a record for most episodes in a row without a gratuitous sex scene. I'm having trouble even remembering the last one. What's wrong in the GOT world? Are things so serious now, nobody is even having sex anymore??

If Tyrion's not getting it on, ain't nobody getting it on.

• Love 5

If the Faceless Men are hit men for hire - than Ser Davos may be a target for Arya.  The Bravo Bank lost a lot of money on Stannis, and Ser Davos is still alive, and he has no funds to pay them back.

Dany back with the Dothraki??  I agree her value is soley the dragons.  So her story is spinning and spinning and spinning until the dragons are put to use.  She is a crap Queen.  She has shown signs of the Targ's craziness with all of the inbreeding.  She chains up the dragons to prevent them from eating people, than she throws them a human to eat.  Way to go Dany.    

With her gone Varys and Tyrion are getting things done:  1.Unchaining the dragons and 2. Finding out who is funding the Harpys.  Shit gets done when the Queen is gone.

Of course the Dothraki are screwed when Patient Zero comes into their midst. When I saw the map again - I noticed the Dothraki are north of Mereen, so at least she is going in the right direction, Patient Zero at her side creating havoc whereever he goes.

I am so glad to have Osha back on my screen.  I love the actress.

• Love 4

The Iron Bank has definitely taken a loss on Stannis...I still want to know where all his ships are -- even the few that went to Hardhome and then dropped off Jon and the Wildlings are ...where?

We saw this episode that Lord Tyrell was back from his (probably wholly unnecessary but got him out of KL when Cersei was moving against Margaery) trip to Braavos...but we did not hear anything about how successful he was with the Iron Bank.

So...is the entire (legitimate) Martell family wiped out in Dorne? Is the entire Baratheon family gone as well? Does some loyalist still hold Dragonstone? (I do want Dany to get there somehow...the Map Room must be seen again!) Is Ramsay the last Bolton? Aren't there cousins, lesser branches, and offshoots of these great families (as it seems there are with the Lannisters)?

Davos doesn't know (and didn't ask) how Shireen died and anyone who knows what happened is most likely dead. I think if he knew Melisandre sacrificed her to the Lord of Light, he probably would end up strangling her.

It does seem however that most of the internet is on the path of forgiving her because she brought back Jon.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Macbeth said:

With her gone Varys and Tyrion are getting things done:  1.Unchaining the dragons and 2. Finding out who is funding the Harpys.  Shit gets done when the Queen is gone.

Nope, things get done when Varys and Tyrion are IN CHARGE, just like when Tyrion was the King's Hand at KL.

• Love 9

We've seen the New Gods do, well, nothing... we've seen the Old Gods cover a man in tree roots and send a young boy back in time to spy on his dad sword-fighting.... but we've seen the Lord of Light create shadow assassins and bring back two people from the dead. 

If the clearly powerful LoL told Melisandre that sacrificing Shireen was key to saving the world, I'm not mad at her for doing it.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Popples said:

It does seem however that most of the internet is on the path of forgiving her because she brought back Jon.

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wondered if maybe they just happened to miss vital organs and since he passed out in the freezing freezing cold snow of the freezing freezing cold North, his body slowed all his processes down, including blood flow and breathing and heart rate... and he ALLLLMOST died... but maybe kinda sorta miraculously CSI'd his way into a frozen coma whereby rest and eventual warmth and wound-cleaning allowed him to heal enough to be revived. Granted, from their point of view, it looked like magic... and obviously this is a world in which magic lives, but all this time I thought it had to do with the freezing-ass cold and he was never really dead. Just sayin.

Edited by marcee
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, marcee said:

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wondered if maybe they just happened to miss vital organs and since he passed out in the freezing freezing cold snow of the freezing freezing cold North, his body slowed all his processes down, including blood flow and breathing and heart rate... and he ALLLLMOST died... but maybe kinda sorta miraculously CSI'd his way into a frozen coma whereby rest and eventual warmth and wound-cleaning allowed him to heal enough to be revived. Granted, from their point of view, it looked like magic... and obviously this is a world in which magic lives, but all this time I thought it had to do with the freezing-ass cold and he was never really dead. Just sayin.

As Miracle Max would say, "Only mostly dead."

• Love 2

I love Osha as well. Amazing what a really good actor or actress can do with a small part, Osha is one example, Alliser Thorne is another. 

And by Patient Zero, do you mean Drogon? Just trying to keep up .

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:14 PM, fellini said:

I

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:29 AM, HumblePi said:

Even though it may be fun to watch Bran walking on two legs while he revisits his 'roots' (cheap joke) I can't stop wondering if the warning that The Raven gives to Bran each time about staying too long and never returning will result in Bran somehow being caught in some era of the past forever.

Please, please show,MAKE THAT HAPPEN.  I zone out all during the trip down memory lane.

I guess I am the ONLY person rooting for those kids, Sam and Gilly. Being handed the shit end in life and finding love in an extremely hostile, dangerous world? Maybe I'm a sap but I want SOMEONE to be happy!

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

I love Osha as well. Amazing what a really good actor or actress can do with a small part, Osha is one example, Alliser Thorne is another. 

And by Patient Zero, do you mean Drogon? Just trying to keep up .

Not MacBeth but...I think Patient Zero = Jorah, with his grayscale.

• Love 2

Knuckles.  Yes - Patient Zero = Jorah,  He has that stone men disease - grayscale.  Sorry I can't seem to quote on my  old browser.

Seriously things are bad enough and a plague is going to break out as well??  Well there is balance.  Dany may save as many people with her fire-breathing dragons as Jorah will kill.

Lots of babies are born with one color hair and have another when they grow up.  And his mother has blonde hair.  Although it's always so gloomy it looks like she has gray hair.

• Love 2
On 5/10/2016 at 3:13 AM, wayne67 said:

Did Jon take his Direwolf with him when he left ? He looked like he was going solo... 

I'm just assuming he's off screen resting from being a chunnel for the Red Woman

On 5/10/2016 at 10:52 AM, GrailKing said:

I think the Drowned God is a off shoot of the Old Gods, (Earth,Wind,Fire, and Sea),i.e Nature

That's a fair take on it, I could live with that.

If Tyrion's not getting it on, ain't nobody getting it on.

It's kinda crazy that the god of tits and wine hasn't gotten any since he got married.

17 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

Nope, things get done when Varys and Tyrion are IN CHARGE, just like when Tyrion was the King's Hand at KL.

Tyrion as ruler and Varys serving in the hand role is actually pretty awesome.  Probably the best duo so far.  That being said, Jon and Davos are in the rearview mirror.

Knuckles.  Yes - Patient Zero = Jorah,  He has that stone men disease - grayscale.  Sorry I can't seem to quote on my  old browser.

Seriously things are bad enough and a plague is going to break out as well??  Well there is balance.  Dany may save as many people with her fire-breathing dragons as Jorah will kill.

Is Jorah going to wind up telling people that he has a contagious disease or is his plan to give Greyscale to all of Dany's enemies while keeping Dany safe?

• Love 2

So far, I'm not impressed. Things seem to be moving way too slow. Other than Jon Snow's resurrection, (big surprise there) not a hell of a lot is happening and the season is short as it is. 

• Love 2
On 5/10/2016 at 9:39 AM, Bad Example said:

Are direwolves CGI-expensive?  

They're not fully CGI like the dragons, but I think there's a UK regulation against the actors filming with real wolves, which is why dogs were used for the pups in s1. The lupine actor playing Ghost lives and works in Canada, so I think it's mainly an issue of travel/FX editing time. They filmed him there with a green screen and then he's made somewhat bigger when edited into the scenes with Jon and co.

On 5/10/2016 at 9:18 AM, annsterg said:

Re: religion. I thought the Red God = the many faced god = Lord of Light? so then in my thinking, we have the old gods, the Seven, and the LoL.

Seems to me like the gods who have any supernatural mojo at all are the old gods (3 eyed raven, children of the forest, etc.) and the LoL (Melisandre's power, Thoros raising the dead). The Seven seem more cultural/social, without "magical" powers but now with plenty of political/military powers.

The Red God is the LoL, but He is only one aspect of the Many-Faced God. The Many-Faced God represents Death in all belief systems. The main room in the HoBaW has a big flaming red heart for the LoL, a weirwood carving for the old gods of the children of the forest, a seaweed covered driftwood figure for the Drowned God, and a bunch of other statues for the other religions. Jaqen only mentioned the Red God specifically back in s2 but that was in regards to Arya saving him for burning alive in that cart, so I guess that the LoL would have been the god-face claiming those deaths if they had died.

• Love 3

If the 3 Eyed Raven is so concerned about excessive "McFly" trips, why not tell Bran the "truth" about his half - brother / bastard / cousin and move on to training? Edd should put on the cloak and order everyone to abandon Castle Black. Jorah playing tag with a Dothraki hoard would be hilarious.

• Love 1
On 2016-05-12 at 6:38 AM, dinkysquid said:

So far, I'm not impressed. Things seem to be moving way too slow. Other than Jon Snow's resurrection, (big surprise there) not a hell of a lot is happening and the season is short as it is. 

and the season is too short as it is. 

Far too short.

• Love 1
On 2016-05-12 at 6:17 AM, Oscirus said:

It's kinda crazy that the god of tits and wine hasn't gotten any since he got married.

Tyrion as ruler and Varys serving in the hand role is actually pretty awesome.  Probably the best duo so far.  That being said, Jon and Davos are in the rearview mirror.

Is Jorah going to wind up telling people that he has a contagious disease or is his plan to give Greyscale to all of Dany's enemies while keeping Dany safe?

I think his plan is to do what any red-blooded man would want to do.

After Dany has jerked him up, then down, then up again, then down again, ..... I think he just wants to penetrate her once, look into her eyes and smile at the thought that he gave her the disease and then leave and find a nice way to exit this life. After all, once you get that Stonescale disease, your life is over. So you might as well get some revenge on the person or people who have caused  you the most harm and then spend a day or so revelling in the thought of them finding out you were the cause of their disease and then make your exit while drugged up to be as happy as possible - before anyone figures out what you've done.

Dany deserves that on two counts. First - for jerking him around as badly as any woman has ever jerked around any man. Second - for jerking the audience around by making us spend hours and hours watching her boring bullshit. How do I know this? Because ...

Spoiler

It is known!

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, One More Time said:

I want SOMEONE to be happy!

Woof, wrong show.

You made me try to recall who's been happy--for longer than three consecutive minutes of airtime and without some larger problem intruding. 

Joffrey, Cersei, Ramsay.   Robert, Daenerys, Khal Drogo and Daario Naharis.  Bronn, Loras and Podrick.  Maybe the High Sparrow, Pycelle, the spoiled kid on the teat.  Maybe . . .Shireen?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Haven't seen Littlefinger unhappy yet. Not for very long anyway.

I thought about Littlefinger for a long time, but his life started out with love unrequited and became all about ambition (as yet) unfulfilled.

That's no fun!

On 5/14/2016 at 5:26 PM, AliShibaz said:

I think his plan is to do what any red-blooded man would want to do.

After Dany has jerked him up, then down, then up again, then down again, ..... I think he just wants to penetrate her once, look into her eyes and smile at the thought that he gave her the disease and then leave and find a nice way to exit this life. After all, once you get that Stonescale disease, your life is over. So you might as well get some revenge on the person or people who have caused  you the most harm and then spend a day or so revelling in the thought of them finding out you were the cause of their disease and then make your exit while drugged up to be as happy as possible - before anyone figures out what you've done.

Dany deserves that on two counts. First - for jerking him around as badly as any woman has ever jerked around any man. Second - for jerking the audience around by making us spend hours and hours watching her boring bullshit. How do I know this? Because ...

Reveal hidden contents

It is known!

How did Dany EVER "jerk him around?" There was never a moment when she said maybe. She never, ever led him on. She is a queen. He is a knight. He serves her. Yes, he's also in love with her, but that's his problem, not hers. There was never any question of their being together. Yes, she could have taken him as a lover, but she did not want to. She wanted Daario. Tomorrow she might want someone else. It probably will never be Jorah. That's all. Case closed. The only reason Jorah deserves any sympathy at all, is that he is a good and loyal knight to his queen, who by his OWN CHOICE is also his liege lord. We're not talking about a college boy cleaning the prom queen's garage imagining she'll bang him if he does. We're talking about a queen and a man who has sworn his sword to her service.

There is no more sexual obligation from Dany to Jorah, than there is between Jon Snow and Sam Tarley, or Jon Snow and Dolorous Edd, or Jon Snow and Davos Seaworth. Imagine if people thought Edd was entitled to infect Snow with a deadly disease just because Snow hasn't had sex with Edd in return for Edd's constant faithful loyalty and service. But nobody thinks that because men aren't entitled to other men's bodies just because they're an employee, friend, or acquaintance of that man, or because that man's really pretty and "flaunts it."

• Love 5
On 5/12/2016 at 5:17 AM, Oscirus said:

I think Jorah is going to keep hiding it until it can no longer be hidden. He's going to try to keep her safe, but he'll probably end up doing something that would infect her, but won't because she's a Targaryen and remarkably disease resistant.

On 5/8/2016 at 10:54 PM, AliShibaz said:

I just can't get over the fact that Bran and Rickon both seem to be so much older this season than last. Last season, they were both little children. This season, they seem to be on the verge of manhood. Whenever I see them, I am taken out of the story and my mind focuses on the actors playing them. Somehow, I feel there was an error made somewhere along the line by expecting the audience to accept these two Stark boys as the same characters they were last season when they look so completely different.

Maybe this is my fault. Perhaps I should be able to accept their growth and deal with it like most of the audience seems to handle it. But, I just don't know how.

Rickon hadn't been seen since 2013, so 3 years, which is also around 3 years in 'show years', and Bran not since 2014, according to IMDB.  It's not like Walt on Lost who grow a foot over a couple weeks of 'in show' time.  Since each season is roughly a year 'in show' then the boys growth is necessarily realistic, right?  

On 5/8/2016 at 9:14 PM, fellini said:

I didn't like this episode. It was boring. No one cares about Sam and Gilly. The episodes need to be more interesting and have more action.Where is the action?

I do! I kinda like Sam and Gilly. First of all, it is nice to see someone who has been through he'll trying to make a life for herself instead of becoming a warrior or something. Also, I enjoy having characters who don't have active ambitions for power or wealth. Sam just wants to read all the books and spend time with the people he loves. Gilly seems to appreciate Sam for the kind sweet guy he is and just wants to find a safe place to raise her kid. I think it is a nice break of normalcy.

On 5/8/2016 at 10:09 PM, SimoneS said:

That was hilarious. Good to see that Olenna and Kevan still don't give a fuck about Cersei and her power grab. I hate how Jaime has become Cersei's lackey again. He really is useless when he is with her. Nothing like the man who was fighting for respect and friendship when he was with Brienne. Now I just want Jaime to die along with Cersei. I hope the dragons burn  them both alive.

So much this! Jamie is so boring as Cersei's lackey. He was far more interesting on his own. It would at least be nice to see more scenes of him with Tommen. I don't understand why we watched all the character development only to end where we started.

On 5/9/2016 at 8:47 AM, mojoween said:

Oh the recap title reminded me how much I giggled when Pycelle farted when he realized The Mountain was in the room.

Hehe. I want to pretend I didn't laugh like a middle schooler, but that would be a lie.

On 5/9/2016 at 2:59 PM, annsterg said:

I think the main reason that the king/Lannisters/Tyrells are not attacking the Sparrow and Faith Militant is because they are still holding Margaery and Loras. The fear would be that if the FM's complex were assaulted, that they might kill the prisoners. Tommen sure doesn't want to lose his wife, and the Tyrells surely do not want to lose a daughter/granddaughter, but more importantly, the HEIR to Highgarden. So they have to negotiate and wait for an opportunity to free the prisoners. If/When that happens...all bets are off.

BUT...since Cersei doesn't give a rat's ass about Margaery OR Loras, she might decide to escalate without concern for their safety.

That does sound about right. The thing I find strange is the lack of outrage relating to Margaery. She clearly had fans among the people. 

All the scenes with the Dothraki make me miss Drogo. He was far from a perfect person, but he really seemed to want to make his moon happy. The scene in the tower with their son still guts me to think about. 

• Love 1
On 5/10/2016 at 0:07 PM, Oscirus said:

That baby has blonde hair. How do they plan on passing that off as Sam's?

The strong family hair color genes in the GOT world notwithstanding, my husband has red, blonde and brown hair in his immediate family, any my little brother had white blond hair as a kid, which is now brown, while I had blond and red hair as a baby before it turned brown. Beyond that, there is no requirement for consanguinity to become a parent. While we haven't seen a formal adoption process in GOT, there is no reason Sam can't act as baby Sam's father, regardless of whether he can be formally recognized as such.

• Love 1