Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Birthday Bashing

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Pepperminty said:

Bethenny was like, Jules's eating disorder is a secret that is hers to share. What secret?? Just looking at her it's obvious there's an issue. The producers must have been desperate to find someone to cast, because Jules is wholly inarticulate. The choice doesn't make sense.
I'm betting that Bethenny has more money than Jules's husband. Who takes 7 years to build something other than it be a financial thing?

When Bethenny said that about the eating disorder being Jules secret to tell, I actually thought Bethenny was speaking in HW code. That she wasn't going to spill the beans to the other ladies (even if the viewers would end up seeing it discussed on camera) and thus avoid a potential (thank god) "you outed my ED to the other women!" storyline.

Even if Jules said she's pretty open about it, you just KNOW those wily producers would not have missed an opportunity to make outing her ED into a storyline. Thankfully we seem to be spared that by Bethenny not repeating the details of it to Carole and Ramona on camera.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

But is this no different from last season when it comes to Beth?  To me, it's the second season of 'Bethenny Starting Over'.

I read this as "Bethenny TAKING Over," which... Yeah.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Carole is kind of photogenic.  In her Skype call, she didn't look so hot on camera, but her image on the laptop was quite pretty.  I want to know that trick.

Some commented on Luann's voice in previous episodes.  I didn't really pay attention.  I usually FF through the opening tag lines, but was listening tonight.  OMG, Luann sounded just like Heather's husband.  It was a WTF moment.

I'm not saying this is the case with Jules, but people with EDs frequently lead with food exemption reasons (food allergies, celiac disease, veganism) when they find themselves in eating situations.  It's the perfect excuse to avoid or limit food intake.

Good point.  And maybe the grifter should have thought about how much she loved the free Yummie Tummie products Heather gave her.

My guess is that Luann's deepening voice is due to her taking testosterone. I listen to a podcast where the women was taking testosterone and her voice changed the same way and she sounded just like Luann.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I'm shocked about Ramona saying that she can't afford to be seen around town with (basically a drunken slut like) Sonja.  Wow.

I think Ramona is just afraid that Sonja will get more guys hitting on her than Ramona if they go out together.  She doesn't want to have to compete with her.  Ramona is cute, but Sonja has an air about her that attracts men.  She's flirty and coquettish and men are attracted to that.  That's why Sonja gets a lot of young men.  Ramona is too talkative and doesn't let anyone get a word in.  Most guys tire of that pretty early in the evening and are ready to move on to someone like Sonja.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Carole is kind of photogenic.  In her Skype call, she didn't look so hot on camera, but her image on the laptop was quite pretty.  I want to know that trick.

I thought the same thing! She looked really good on screen, especially considering she was being shot from below, which usually makes people look like horrible monsters. If I could do that, I'd only interact with people onscreen. ?

• Love 13
3 hours ago, KFC said:

The Lu/Bethenny scene was interesting for the subtext. Lu's tears seemed more out of fear and desperation that she's not making any inroads with Bethenny and that her position may be in jeopardy as a result. It was pretty revealing, although not for the reasons they were claiming.

Thank you for this.  It bugged me watching it last night and I couldn't figure out why.  Lu's tears and fears did seem genuine, but I still didn't quite feel it.  I was thinking to myself that for someone crying poor, she sure had no problem holding out on signing her contract, so I dismissed the whole thing as fake.  That was the wrong reaction because your insight about the long term fear seems spot on.

• Love 5
(edited)

One nice thing I will say about Dorinda is that she refused to do catty gossip about Jules with Carole. I thought it bad enough that Carole immediately sat down and wanted to gossip about Jules and her "awful" house when I thought it was just Carole and Dorinda but when Jules arrived 10 minutes later I realized how much I hate Carole. That is needlessly setting up an environment for a dinner us versus her. I mean I have never liked Carole back to when she invited all the women over and said "let's order some pizza" because she was trying so hard to be different but the Jules thing has show up her to be an awful human being, Jules has literally done nothing to any of these women.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 21
6 hours ago, ancslove said:

Jules may be in for a rough Reunion episode.  I can't remember seeing such a discrepancy between in-person interactions and THs before.  The Old Money vs New Money thing may come back to haunt her in the reunion, since it attacks more than just Bethenny.

Sounds like Bethenny was disingenuous about that slam.  My house is 100 years old or whatever.  Jules was implying that the "just so" quickie Home Goods decorating was....gauche.  Jules is pretty smart. 

• Love 5

I'm finding I am not in active like or dislike with any of the cast, it's become situational. Weirdly freeing, but if my posts and likes seem contradictory from week to week (or even post to post) that's why. 

Producers must have valued the Ramona/Sonja alcohol confrontation too much to care that it spoiled their jerry-rigged timeline. Sonja said at one point in the convo that LuAnn is getting ready to come stay with her for a few days on a trial basis. Fourth walls are crashing all over the place in the Real Housewives' universe.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am right there with you. I find Bethenny amusing and she is one of my favorites too. I do not take every comment she makes seriously and like her sarcasm. I tend to lurk more in this thread, because I thought I was at a table for one with me liking Bethenny

So, yeah, I literally can not figure out how to get out of the quote box to type but MissLindsey - believe me - you are not alone.

• Love 7

Doesn't "Class with the Countess" Lu know that it is bad form to bring a gift for someone to another person's birthday party, where presumably gifts will be opened? And not only did she give Beth the gift, she encouraged her to open it right there in front of Ramona. What she should have done is to tell Bethany that she had her gift and could they meet up soon so she could give it to her. Or if Lu was dead set on doing it right there, wait until the end when they were leaving and slip her the gift on the way out the door. That was so tacky. 

• Love 23
7 hours ago, Teddybear said:

Dorinda, I don't think panacea means what you think it does.  John is not a panacea; I believe the word you were looking for is scapegoat.  Lisa Rinna can teach you what that means.  

lol yeah, I'm like "wait a minute, Chubby Baby is a cure-all?.."  Doris trying so hard to be intellectual talking with food in her mouth

• Love 5

Did anyone else catch Carole quickly saying, "Oh, I have a birthday present for you too!" the second Luanne handed hers to Bethenny? I agree that she naturally is a very loyal friend to people she deems her real friends, but that's the kind of thing that's been making me roll my eyes when it comes to the Carole/Bethenny friendship. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Doesn't "Class with the Countess" Lu know that it is bad form to bring a gift for someone to another person's birthday party, where presumably gifts will be opened? And not only did she give Beth the gift, she encouraged her to open it right there in front of Ramona. What she should have done is to tell Bethany that she had her gift and could they meet up soon so she could give it to her. Or if Lu was dead set on doing it right there, wait until the end when they were leaving and slip her the gift on the way out the door. That was so tacky. 

If Lu was going to give Beth a present it really should have been one of those armored breast plates she wear's as jewelry.

Either that or a carton of ciggies and a bouquet of Four Roses.....

• Love 5
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

One nice thing I will say about Dorinda is that she refused to do catty gossip about Jules with Carole. I thought it bad enough that Carole immediately sat down and wanted to gossip about Jules and her "awful" house when I thought it was just Carole and Dorinda but when Jules arrived 10 minutes later I realized how much I hate Carole.

That was a horrible moment. She was all, "Let's hurry up and talk shit about her right before she arrives". I do not understand WHY she thought Dorinda, of all people, would be receptive to that. 

2 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

I'm finding I am not in active like or dislike with any of the cast, it's become situational. Weirdly freeing, but if my posts and likes seem contradictory from week to week (or even post to post) that's why. 

I feel like I'm always like this with NY. Out of all the versions, I flip flop on these girls the most. It makes me feel a bit crazy. 

1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

So, yeah, I literally can not figure out how to get out of the quote box to type but MissLindsey - believe me - you are not alone.

No, you're definitely not alone. I'm a B fan, but I will admit when she's being a royal ass. Don't be afraid of the forums if you have a minority opinion, everyone is generally very mature and respectful around here!

• Love 18
(edited)
8 hours ago, HumblePi said:

While at lunch with Carole and Dorinda, Jules said in her POV "Bethenny is new money and we're old money". I don't know much about Jules and Michael except what I've been able to find by googling but from what I've read in every article, they aren't from 'old money' at all. I don't know what Jules idea of old money is but in my definition is inherited money from old established upper class families. The Vanderbilts, the Astors, Duponts, and Rockefellers are what I'd consider to be 'old money'.

Don't forget the Morgans!  <Sonja>

I have a soft spot for Bethenny, but last season and this season so far is really testing that.   I am always kind of sad for her, she gets in her own way so often with personal relationships.   She is very much in need of some real therapy.   She used to be funny and witty but this season and last it felt very forced to me and also rehearsed.   She says many ridiculous things, like in an interview when complimented about her shorter hair style, she replied "I've always hated my long hair and wanted to cut it for so long".    Uh.  Are their hair police that make you have long hair?   Whatever.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Luann is living up to the old saying "Be careful how you treat people on the way up, because you may meet them again on the way down."

Something Bethenny should take note of. Luann looks like menopause hit hard.  Her arms are so big too.  

Ramona really sucks as a friend. I don't mind Dorinda sending her blatant messages.  I don't think the toast though was blatant enough for Ramona. It went right over her head.  

Sonja is like a breath of fresh air with this group - "You have an eyelash on you" - "Who knows what it is...I had a rough night" "Can I get you a drink? Something from the hair of the dog."  I do hope the rumor that she doesn't drink this year when filming is true. Supposedly she realized that the women wanted to make her drinking a storyline again this year, so she doesn't drink when she is with them. Or maybe it's just over drink. Fingers crossed.  

• Love 8

I thought it was funny that Sonja came arrived at Ramona's party swinging, letting Ramona and everyone else she had a rough night after the mini intervention Ramona tried to have with her. 

The re-gifting thing was confusing, Luanne gave Ramona a necklace from her collection previously and it needed to be fixed so Luanne had it fixed and gave it to her again?

Bethenny's daughter did a look book for her outfits, too funny.  That kid will be a very high maintenance teenager.

Adam is a film maker now? I thought he was a chef.  It might have been a great story line for Carole to go to Ethiopia with Adam, get back to her roots as a journalist and have something to write about.

Did I see Gloria Allread at Ramona's party? I swear that woman with the short dark hair and red coat looked just like her.  I wonder how many of those 60 women knew Mario was dicking around on Ro? I wonder how many of them dared to say anything about it.

• Love 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Something Bethenny should take note of. Luann looks like menopause hit hard.  Her arms are so big too.  

Ramona really sucks as a friend. I don't mind Dorinda sending her blatant messages.  I don't think the toast though was blatant enough for Ramona. It went right over her head.  

Sonja is like a breath of fresh air with this group - "You have an eyelash on you" - "Who knows what it is...I had a rough night" "Can I get you a drink? Something from the hair of the dog."  I do hope the rumor that she doesn't drink this year when filming is true. Supposedly she realized that the women wanted to make her drinking a storyline again this year, so she doesn't drink when she is with them. Or maybe it's just over drink. Fingers crossed.  

I totally agree with all of this, jinjer (and love your posts).  In the past I've found Sonja incredibly classist and mean-spirited ("for the masses, not the classes," her 'advice' to the much-derided Cindy Barshop about how 'girls' enter the social scene when her own was old-school courtesan style) but she's sorely needed in the cast.  Bethenny, Carole and Ramona drag it down with unnecessary meanness. 

Carole's super disappointing, dudes.  I fell for her a little bit and feel snookered, because she's one grimy assjack who is as or more looks-obsessed, I'm convinced, than any RHo anywhere.  Aren't I damned dope?

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, windtrix said:

My guess is that Luann's deepening voice is due to her taking testosterone. I listen to a podcast where the women was taking testosterone and her voice changed the same way and she sounded just like Luann.

I don't know anyone who's done testosterone therapy, but your post intrigued me so I googled side effects.  They may include: hair growth on the face or body, hair loss on the scalp, oily skin or acne, hoarseness or deepening of the voice, fluid retention, and diminished breast size.   Seems like you were spot on with why she's looking so bad.  They said it's generally used on women who are experiencing surgical or regular menopause, or sexual drive issues.

I've been watching this damn show for 8 seasons, so I don't know why it's bothering me now, but Ramona's half open mouth chewing, like a cow chomping on cud, is driving me batty.  On the one hand, I'm glad she actually eats food, but on the other, you'd think after 8 years of being captured on TV she'd realize how gross it is (along with Dorinda).

I wonder how accurate Jules' statement is about her NYC apartment being bigger than B's Hamptons house.  What we saw of it looked small, especially the kitchen.

• Love 6

That's interesting JenFromCincy.  I remember how LuAnn looked at last year's Reunion -- which was surprising because normally she looks so fabulous.  At last year's Reunion, her face and chest were red and she looked hot, sweaty and uncomfortable.  

• Love 6

Bethenny is the epitome of money can't  buy you class. She is just a skinny ass that needs to SHUT up. Jesus! I don't understand how she can see so all knowing and bitter?!?!?!?!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Watching Jules and beffeny interact last night was like watching two speed freaks duel......Beth's new nickname is "Meth-enny"

That was one freaky fast talking scene! Is this what people are like when they don't get enough to eat? 

Judging from that flashback of Bethenny telling Lu she doesn't like her cause' she's a snake: Beth was positively skeletal in that dress. She needs to never, ever say another word about Jules ED. Concentrate on your own issues, B. Lord knows you have plenty of them.

• Love 11

What was Luann thinking when she said Bethenny was like family?  Has Luann forgotten what Bethenny thinks of family?  All she has to do is listen to Bethenny on adopted family Jill Zarin and her mother, Bethenny's father, her mother, her step father, the father of her child, Bob and Carol Hoppy.  Be part of Bethenny's family is kind of a nail on the coffin in a Bethenny relationship.  Luann committed a cardinal sin, do not try and get close to Bethenny, it turns her off.  I thought it nice that bethenny stopped when she realized she was making Luann cry.  No one wants to feel excluded.  Not even Sonja or Luann.

This tickles me the battle over real estate.  Bethenny can not let it go.  McMansion, money pit, location, age of the house, décor and most of all size.  She is still tweeting and blogging away about it.  It is like her divorce, I am quite certain Sonja Morgan might argue she had a longer more protracted and devastating divorce.  Carole piled on with Jules' unfortunate old money comment.  Carole needs to have that façade popped as marrying old money, Radiwill died long before Anthony and Carole married and was $30 million in debt.    The Kennedy Onassis connection left her husband $500,000.00.

I feel for Luann because I do think she has a lovely figure but she is in a sea of very petite women.  Bethenny, Jules, Ramona, Carole I think are all probably size 0 or 2, Dorinda is tiny and that leaves Luann the size 8, looking like the Incredible Hulk.  Arms are hard to overcome once you reach a certain age.  I am hoping, out of respect for Jules' eating disorder, none of the principals take issue with Luann or Sonja's changing bodies.  Sometimes it is not just diet but nature. 

• Love 11

What was Luann thinking when she said Bethenny was like family?  Has Luann forgotten what Bethenny thinks of family?  All she has to do is listen to Bethenny on adopted family Jill Zarin and her mother, Bethenny's father, her mother, her step father, the father of her child, Bob and Carol Hoppy.  Be part of Bethenny's family is kind of a nail on the coffin in a Bethenny relationship.  Luann committed a cardinal sin, do not try and get close to Bethenny, it turns her off.  I thought it nice that bethenny stopped when she realized she was making Luann cry.  No one wants to feel excluded.  Not even Sonja or Luann.

This tickles me the battle over real estate.  Bethenny can not let it go.  McMansion, money pit, location, age of the house, décor and most of all size.  She is still tweeting and blogging away about it.  It is like her divorce, I am quite certain Sonja Morgan might argue she had a longer more protracted and devastating divorce.  Carole piled on with Jules' unfortunate old money comment.  Carole needs to have that façade popped as marrying old money, Radiwill died long before Anthony and Carole married and was $30 million in debt.    The Kennedy Onassis connection left her husband $500,000.00.

I feel for Luann because I do think she has a lovely figure but she is in a sea of very petite women.  Bethenny, Jules, Ramona, Carole I think are all probably size 0 or 2, Dorinda is tiny and that leaves Luann the size 8, looking like the Incredible Hulk.  Arms are hard to overcome once you reach a certain age.  I am hoping, out of respect for Jules' eating disorder, none of the principals take issue with Luann or Sonja's changing bodies.  Sometimes it is not just diet but nature. 

• Love 2
(edited)

So Brynn is Bethenny's mini-me and therefore perfect and wonderful. B is just determined to give this child no chance and counteract any positive influence the Hoppy's may have on her.

So essentially Bryn has a look book for her trip. Erika Jayne Jr.?

Anyone else think when B was talking about selecting clothes out to give Brynn a limited selection to choice, B was also picking out stuff she would also look good in? LOL!

I never gave much credence to the Jules is overly thin stuff... that is until I saw her legs in jeans when she was getting a pedicure with Dorinda. Holy hell! If the camera adds 20 lbs, what must she look like in person?!?!

I thought B also suffered from an eating disorder? Am I wrong? She made Jules revelation all about her mom's eating disorder and how it affected her as a child worrying about her mom's vomit clogging friends toilets. What the what?

It pains me to say this but I agree with Bethenny on the Jules announcing she is Jewish/Japanese thing at ever opportunity. She is pulling the special unicorn thing. Only it is made more annoying to me because of what she said about her husband the 1st episode on. Basically, he only dated 6' tall non-Jewish Eastern European model types and married her only because she was so not Jewish looking. Something about that just sits in my craw. I'm not even Jewish but I think it is insulting to Jewish women who by his claims are all stereotypically Jewish looking and therefore not attractive in his eyes. Asshole! And I think Jules plays into it by making her hourly announcements about her racial/ethnic makeup. In other words, I am not like all those other basic Jewish chicks, I'm special and unique.

I'm hating Andy's Grey Gardens take on Sonja and Luanne. Frankly, I think they are (and I know this is sacrilege to make this comparison) a less fabulous and less funny Edina and Patsy of Ab Fab. Lu is definitely Patsy. 

10 hours ago, ancslove said:

Jules may be in for a rough Reunion episode.  I can't remember seeing such a discrepancy between in-person interactions and THs before.  The Old Money vs New Money thing may come back to haunt her in the reunion, since it attacks more than just Bethenny.

The minute that came out of Jules mouth, I instantly groaned because she just fed the beast known as Bethenny. Jules just gave her an 'I am up here, you are down here' Part the Second material to gripe about and cling to. I swear Kelly and Jill did just as much for Bethenny's career as SkinnyGirl. 

6 hours ago, swankie said:

I think Ramona is just afraid that Sonja will get more guys hitting on her than Ramona if they go out together.  She doesn't want to have to compete with her.  Ramona is cute, but Sonja has an air about her that attracts men.  She's flirty and coquettish and men are attracted to that.  That's why Sonja gets a lot of young men.  Ramona is too talkative and doesn't let anyone get a word in.  Most guys tire of that pretty early in the evening and are ready to move on to someone like Sonja.

I can see this. Ramona comes across as very manic and high strung. Looking at all of Ramona's friends from her luncheon, excluding the HW, Ramona does seem to be the cutest and hottest. 

Given the way that Bethenny talked about those upper East Side dames, they were very nice to her upon meeting her again. That woman with the very dark short hair, who was wearing a red coat over black clothes scares me. 

Edited by islandgal140
Added a thought
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

You know, it's funny how everyone thinks Bethenny is this total mean girl, with all her rude comments - which is very true. However, Jules has made plenty of mean remarks herself. She's made several age related comments, commented on the size of B's house, old money vs. new money, "she doesn't even have a boyfriend", etc. She gets her little quips in there. The difference is, Bethenny just says what she thinks to your face, and Jules acts all nice, but then serves it up in her THs. I almost think she rehearses that shit, because she is incredibly inarticulate in person (WWHL was a disaster for this very reason). 

I think the real difference, for me as a viewer, is that Bethenny is in a position of power and has absolutely zero reason to be mean to the new girl, except for the fact that she's new? 

Bethenny is a tough one for me, because I loved her so much during the first few seasons of this show. She was hilarious and the underdog and I rooted for her and agreed with her on just about everything. It was so fun watching her try to make her business happen, and she was able to make fun of herself.   She still has moments of being funny and witty, but she's just so mean without cause these days. I saw this even watching BH. She was rude and obnoxious to Erika for no reason. I don't even like Erika and I felt bad for her. 

Bethenny is best when she's unrehearsed, but I don't agree that she always IS unrehearsed. She comes up with a joke and finds a way to force it unnaturally into a situation. And yet, she absolutely can be witty and natural. She's a tough one. I want to like her, especially if she's going to be the focus of the show. But she's making it damn difficult this season.  

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was funny that Sonja came arrived at Ramona's party swinging, letting Ramona and everyone else she had a rough night after the mini intervention Ramona tried to have with her. 

The re-gifting thing was confusing, Luanne gave Ramona a necklace from her collection previously and it needed to be fixed so Luanne had it fixed and gave it to her again?

Bethenny's daughter did a look book for her outfits, too funny.  That kid will be a very high maintenance teenager.

Adam is a film maker now? I thought he was a chef.  It might have been a great story line for Carole to go to Ethiopia with Adam, get back to her roots as a journalist and have something to write about.

Did I see Gloria Allread at Ramona's party? I swear that woman with the short dark hair and red coat looked just like her.  I wonder how many of those 60 women knew Mario was dicking around on Ro? I wonder how many of them dared to say anything about it.

I wonder how many of them slept with Mario...

• Love 18

I may be in the minority here but I think Jules is gorgeous -- beautiful facial features, hair out of a Pantene commercial, good skin.  Yes, she is too skinny but she is still very pretty. I am afraid she is going to get eaten alive at the Reunion -- she seems too nice and nervous to handle this bunch and doesn't seem like the type to respond with snappy comebacks or throw shade on-the-fly when someone attacks her.

Agree with everyone about Dorinda chewing with her mouth open. I thought she was so pretty last year -- like a Princess Diana lookalike.  But this season, she looks like your semi-wealthy great Aunt from Palm Beach with a drinking problem -- the puffy face, smudged eye makeup, try-hard-to-be-classy-and-au-courant vibe does not suit her.  She also looks like she smells like the bottom of a purse that has not been cleaned out for two years -- you know that musty smell of old perfume, dirty breath mints, used Kleenex and sad regret coupled with stale martinis.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, racked said:

I think the real difference, for me as a viewer, is that Bethenny is in a position of power and has absolutely zero reason to be mean to the new girl, except for the fact that she's new? 

Bethenny is a tough one for me, because I loved her so much during the first few seasons of this show. She was hilarious and the underdog and I rooted for her and agreed with her on just about everything. It was so fun watching her try to make her business happen, and she was able to make fun of herself.   She still has moments of being funny and witty, but she's just so mean without cause these days. I saw this even watching BH. She was rude and obnoxious to Erika for no reason. I don't even like Erika and I felt bad for her. 

Bethenny is best when she's unrehearsed, but I don't agree that she always IS unrehearsed. She comes up with a joke and finds a way to force it unnaturally into a situation. And yet, she absolutely can be witty and natural. She's a tough one. I want to like her, especially if she's going to be the focus of the show. But she's making it damn difficult this season.  

Yeah, it's a "punching up" vs. "punching down" situation -- barbed comments like Bethenny's are funny when they're speaking truth to power; they're just mean when they're used to keep someone without power in a lower place. 

It's also why she was so much more sympathetic as the "Greek Chorus" / voice of the audience when she was the "underdog" single girl looking to make a buck and trying to run with the rich ladies. Taking them all down a few pegs for their pretensions was an equalizing move.

Now she's on top and they're all scrambling and grovelling for time with her -- from Dorinda refusing to be mad at her for being way worse than Ramona; Sonja refusing to believe that Bethenny said anything about her drinking (even though Bethenny literally said those things to her damn face last year); to LuAnne actually crying at the prospect of being shut out from her radiance. And Bethenny still keeps punching down at them, and it just makes her look like a fucking tyrant.

• Love 18
(edited)
42 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I wonder how many of them slept with Mario...

Excellent point!!

But, based on Mario's post-Ramona tastes, I think they're all too old for him to sleep with.

27 minutes ago, Gaily said:

I may be in the minority here but I think Jules is gorgeous -- beautiful facial features, hair out of a Pantene commercial, good skin.  Yes, she is too skinny but she is still very pretty. I am afraid she is going to get eaten alive at the Reunion -- she seems too nice and nervous to handle this bunch and doesn't seem like the type to respond with snappy comebacks or throw shade on-the-fly when someone attacks her.

Agree with everyone about Dorinda chewing with her mouth open. I thought she was so pretty last year -- like a Princess Diana lookalike.  But this season, she looks like your semi-wealthy great Aunt from Palm Beach with a drinking problem -- the puffy face, smudged eye makeup, try-hard-to-be-classy-and-au-courant vibe does not suit her.  She also looks like she smells like the bottom of a purse that has not been cleaned out for two years -- you know that musty smell of old perfume, dirty breath mints, used Kleenex and sad regret coupled with stale martinis.

Sounds like a new fragrance line named "Sonja".....

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

Excellent point!!

But, based on Mario's post-Ramona tastes, I think they're all too old for him to sleep with.

Everyone is pretty much the same when the lights are out in the room?

53 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny, Jules, Ramona, Carole I think are all probably size 0 or 2, Dorinda is tiny and that leaves Luann the size 8, looking like the Incredible Hulk.  Arms are hard to overcome once you reach a certain age.  I am hoping, out of respect for Jules' eating disorder, none of the principals take issue with Luann or Sonja's changing bodies.  Sometimes it is not just diet but nature. 

You know that now when I see lulu I am going to laugh and say, "Countess SMASH!!!!!"

• Love 6
(edited)

Wonder if Lu is going to revert back to her uppity smug self now that she has a (wealthy) man to marry her? Will she even be back next season? Surely she's already thinking she doesn't need to grovel to Bethenny any longer.  It will be interesting to see. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I feel like I'm always like this with NY. Out of all the versions, I flip flop on these girls the most. It makes me feel a bit crazy.

No, you're definitely not alone. I'm a B fan, but I will admit when she's being a royal ass. Don't be afraid of the forums if you have a minority opinion, everyone is generally very mature and respectful around here!

I think it makes for a more balanced conversation and more enjoyable when you don't feel too invested in any specific HW. I hate how there's firmly entrenched camps on some of the other franchises, whereas there's more fluidity among the women here. 

Last week, I find Bethenny horribly elitist and rude, but this week I thought she was pretty good about her handling of Jules. And I softened a lot on Jules this week too, in light of her ED discussion, which was very well explained, and also her cringeworthy appearance on WWHL. I know some have compared her to Cindy Barshop, but after WWHL, she gave me more of Alex McCord vibes. Someone who will probably get ripped to shreds in the live shows because of their inability to express themselves quickly under pressure.

I hope it doesn't pan out that way though, because I really don't like seeing such an uneven power dynamic on these shows.

It's also why I kinda felt for Luann's tears. It was sort of sad and pathetic, but the desperation was palpable, and I felt for her, even if I kinda have always agreed with Bethenny about Luann being a snaky, duplicitous one.

• Love 14
(edited)

Oh, please can we not beat the dead horse that is Sonja's drinking again this season? Didn't Aviva take on Sonja over the very same thing a couple of seasons ago? And it went nowhere! Love how Moaner is so high and mighty about it when she parties just as hard, I'm sure. That said, Sonja is looking a little rough this season. And what was that thing she was wearing around her neck at the lunch? It looked like an animal wrapped itself around her neck and died there. I have no idea how she could even eat with that thing right under her face. 

I want to like Dorinda, I really do. She is scrappy and doesn't take crap. But as soon as she opens her mouth and the martini soaked words come out, she loses me. I did like that when Carole wanted to get "catty" (her word) about Jules house, Dorinda shut her down. 

I admit I love Beth's house, her apartment, and most of the time her style. But she is very brittle, and preys on the weak (Jules). And why are all these women kissing her ass. I don't get it. When Jules said she wanted to fix Beth up with a Greek shipping tycoon, I said yes please, please film it. That would be a major trainwreck and I want a front row seat. 

At first I couldn't stand Jules and her Asian/Jew schtick, but I feel oddly protective of her. Hopefully Beth backs off from her. 

I have no doubt that Lu was up Beth's butt to get in on the BH filming during the summer. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, eXiled said:

It's truly exhausting watching everyone kiss up to Bethenny. This used to be my favorite franchise, but it's become a chore and a bore to watch. If I drop New York, (I've put down NJ, ATL, and BH in that order) I'll be officially done with the Housewives.

Luanne's phony ass is desperate and begging and oh so gauche, darling. She's coming across as thirsty as Alex McCord. Don't be uncool, Countess.

I miss the crazy Ramona who gave no fucks, the chick who made Bethenney cry on that bridge. I need THAT Ramona back. She reeks of fear in her quest for another man, as well as her need to remain on the show.

When Bethenney was on WWHL this year and Andy asked about an All Star Housewives, Bethenney named no other NYer beside herself. She's a hating ass hater because she knows that back in the day, Ramona Singer brought the stinger. The thought of Ramona being inappropriate and too forthcoming with the calculating Lisa Vanderpump makes me gasp for air. Those two would be television gold.

I don't care that Sonja's a messy old ho. I've never seen her be intentionally mean to any of these women--even when they deserve it. Plus, she tickles me. I like how she politely and drunkenly accepts none of Bethenney's shit. She ain't receiving what Ms. Frankel is sending. Part of me wishes Sonja would step it up. But if she did, she would lose exactly the quality I find endearing. I despise women who bitch for the sake of bitching.

I was in a meeting and fucked up and looked at my phone to find:  Singer Stinger (which distracted me to possible alternates: Singer Zinger?) and: Sonja's a messy old ho.   Now my boss knows something's up because ain't shit about audited financials that are guffaw-worthy.  So thanks for that eXiled.  I owe you one.

4 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Speaking of debt, tell me what I owe you for ripping off this sentiment.  It's like a pendulum of character assessment one moment to the next.  It started to make me feel crazy too.

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Darling, it's just not done.   How bout this for tacky, in her TH Ramona's complaining that Beth got a [shishipoopoodesignername] bag and she got a necklace?  Ya'll, isn't Ramona 60?  I grant her that time and a place Lu, time and a place but are we really listening to a grown ass woman gift-compare.  Yuck.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

You know, it's funny how everyone thinks Bethenny is this total mean girl, with all her rude comments - which is very true. However, Jules has made plenty of mean remarks herself. She's made several age related comments, commented on the size of B's house, old money vs. new money, "she doesn't even have a boyfriend", etc. She gets her little quips in there. The difference is, Bethenny just says what she thinks to your face, and Jules acts all nice, but then serves it up in her THs. I almost think she rehearses that shit, because she is incredibly inarticulate in person (WWHL was a disaster for this very reason). 

At any rate, they made up and that was nice to see. I appreciated Bethenny owning that she behaved very rudely, and that the shit she said about the house was her projecting her own issues with construction and buying homes, etc. I really think she means well most of the time, she just doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. Not everyone does stuff the same way as you, and not everyone wants/needs your advice. 

It was very brave of Jules to open up about her ED, and I agree that when you have something in common like that with someone, it can instantly create a bond. As to whether Jules still restricts food - I just don't feel comfortable commenting on it. She's come out about her struggle and I'm sure that was hard enough as it is. I'm a "recovered" anorexic here and I agree with her 100% that you're never fully recovered. It's a struggle every day. I still restrict food at certain times, in certain ways. She might very well do the same. But it's not really my business. And I appreciated that B didn't tell the other girls what Jules revealed to her. Let her tell them in her own time. 

Ramona confronting Sonja - pointless! Didn't she watch B try to talk to her last season? Sonja Morgan is the definition of a brick wall. Nothing will ever get through to her. "I'm fine, I don't party too much" - shows up at Ramona's lunch still buzzed with possible pubes on her face. Awesome! No really, her face looked super bloated during that conversation on her couch, I have no doubt she's got a real problem. I get why single Ramona wouldn't want to hit the town with her. Ramona can be loud and obnoxious and she certainly inserts foot in mouth all the time, but there's a difference between that and falling down drunk. 

Speaking of Ramona's birthday lunch. She has 50 "close friends" to invite? Who has FIFTY close friends? I have maybe two. If I had a birthday lunch, there'd be 20 people, tops, and that would mostly be family. Am I a total loser? 

Was there really a time when LuAnn was considered an expert on class and etiquette? Really? Because from where I'm sitting, she's tacky as hell. Number one, gives someone other than the birthday girl a gift at her party. Rude. She could have pulled B aside as they were leaving and given it to her out on the street or something. Number two, gives non-birthday girl a gift that's nicer than the birthday girl's. Number three, gives birthday girl a gift she already gave her, but had to be fixed. Wow. I guess money really can't buy you class. Nor can titles or marriages. 

It's super brave of you to share too Ghoulina. 

If you're a loser, make room in the dugout for me.  Ain't met 50 people in my whole life.

So now that I think about it the gift to B had to be producer driven right?  I'm always gullible about this stuff until I read in here and go *facepalm* oh yeah ok.  

37 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

So Brynn is Bethenny's mini-me and therefore perfect and wonderful. B is just determined to give this child no chance and counteract any positive influence the Hoppy's may have on her.

So essentially Bryn has a look book for her trip. Erika Jayne Jr.?

Anyone else think when B was talking about selecting clothes out to give Brynn a limited selection to choice, B was also picking out stuff she would also look good in? LOL!

I never gave much credence to the Jules is overly thin stuff... that is until I saw her legs in jeans when she was getting a pedicure with Dorinda. Holy hell! If the camera adds 20 lbs, what must she look like in person?!?!

I thought B also suffered from an eating disorder? Am I wrong? She made Jules revelation all about her mom's eating disorder and how it affected her as a child worrying about her mom's vomit clogging friends toilets. What the what?

It pains me to say this but I agree with Bethenny on the Jules announcing she is Jewish/Japanese thing at ever opportunity. She is pulling the special unicorn thing. Only it is made more annoying to me because of what she said about her husband the 1st episode on. Basically, he only dated 6' tall non-Jewish Eastern European model types and married her only because she was so not Jewish looking. Something about that just sits in my craw. I'm not even Jewish but I think it is insulting to Jewish women who by his claims are all stereotypically Jewish looking and therefore not attractive in his eyes. Asshole! And I think Jules plays into it by making her hourly announcements about her racial/ethnic makeup. In other words, I am not like all those other basic Jewish chicks, I'm special and unique.

I'm hating Andy's Grey Gardens take on Sonja and Luanne. Frankly, I think they are (and I know this is sacrilege to make this comparison) a less fabulous and less funny Edina and Patsy of Ab Fab. Lu is definitely Patsy. 

The minute that came out of Jules mouth, I instantly groaned because she just fed the beast known as Bethenny. Jules just gave her an 'I am up here, you are down here' Part the Second material to gripe about and cling to. I swear Kelly and Jill did just as much for Bethenny's career as SkinnyGirl. 

I can see this. Ramona comes across as very manic and high strung. Looking at all of Ramona's friends from her luncheon, excluding the HW, Ramona does seem to be the cutest and hottest. 

Given the way that Bethenny talked about those upper East Side dames, they were very nice to her upon meeting her again. That woman with the very dark short hair, who was wearing a red coat over black clothes scares me. 

{{shudder}}  Flashbacks.  This all day.  I hate that I think B will try and eat her liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti at the reunion.  

16 minutes ago, Gaily said:

LOL!! It's so funny you should say this.  When I watched WWHL I said if that girl took the rubber band off and shook her head in slow motion right now, I'd buy what she was selling.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, racked said:

I agree with this. Except I don't always think she's TRYING to be mean. I think she genuinely thinks she knows better and is trying to give people advice, no matter how rude it may come off. Whereas Jules was just saying things to be mean and snarky, and the age comments were generalized and made before anyone did anything rude to her. 

At any rate, I think B just felt really awkward being in such an intimate setting with John so soon after their altercation, and so she was acting kind of crazy because of it. She really shouldn't have even gone, because it was obvious she was on edge from the moment she arrived. 

I liked seeing the two of them hash their shit out and find a way to connect. I think Bethenny is better when she's one on one, for sure. 

3 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

If you're a loser, make room in the dugout for me.  Ain't met 50 people in my whole life.

HA! Maybe we should have PTV birthday parties and try to change that?!

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

How bout this for tacky, in her TH Ramona's complaining that Beth got a [shishipoopoodesignername] bag and she got a necklace?  Ya'll, isn't Ramona 60?  I grant her that time and a place Lu, time and a place but are we really listening to a grown ass woman gift-compare.  Yuck.

Preach. I stopped giving and receiving b-day gifts from friends years ago.  I am a few years younger than Moaner and I really  don't need or want my friends buying me gifts. I'd rather buy what I want. Give me a bottle of wine or take me out to dinner, but don't buy me more crap that I probably won't like and you thought I would just love.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Producers must have valued the Ramona/Sonja alcohol confrontation too much to care that it spoiled their jerry-rigged timeline. Sonja said at one point in the convo that LuAnn is getting ready to come stay with her for a few days on a trial basis. Fourth walls are crashing all over the place in the Real Housewives' universe.

Why is the fourth wall crashing?  (curious not sarcastic) :)

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

HA! Maybe we should have PTV birthday parties and try to change that?!

Lol.  Not a chance.  Ya'll would be like, bitch how many times are you going to turn 37?

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Having read some of the articles posted here about how her husband's company made some of their money, when Jules said they were "old money", I thought she said "porn money"!     ;-)

Yeah I was confused by that statement she made. Clearly, flogging some hokey "superdrink" at Whole Foods and having a husband who is a "private investor" is some new definition of 'old money' of which I was previously unaware.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Yeah I was confused by that statement she made. Clearly, flogging some hokey "superdrink" at Whole Foods and having a husband who is a "private investor" is some new definition of 'old money' of which I was previously unaware.

LOL! Do either of their parents come from "old money"? Maybe that's what she meant? Did they possible inherit something that helped fund his business or whatever? I'm a housewife, married to a construction worker, on a budget, in Iowa. Money talk confuses me. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Speaking of debt, tell me what I owe you for ripping off this sentiment.  It's like a pendulum of character assessment one moment to the next.  It started to make me feel crazy too.

Consider any of my sentiments as freeware to fellow Little House lovers. :)

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Why is the fourth wall crashing?  (curious not sarcastic) :)

Rinna talking about off camera stuff with LVP on BH,   and on NY them airing the Ramonja conversation about Lu coming to stay when we've already seen Lu come and do that a couple episodes ago.  Luann and Sonja holding out on their contracts meant they weren't filming and had to have generic scenes stuck in so the other HWs wouldn't have to explain their absence.  It's fine if they want to do that, but it was sloppy to air proof that they're doing it.  JMO.

2 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I totally agree with all of this, jinjer (and love your posts).  In the past I've found Sonja incredibly classist and mean-spirited ("for the masses, not the classes," her 'advice' to the much-derided Cindy Barshop about how 'girls' enter the social scene when her own was old-school courtesan style) but she's sorely needed in the cast.  Bethenny, Carole and Ramona drag it down with unnecessary meanness. 

Carole's super disappointing, dudes.  I fell for her a little bit and feel snookered, because she's one grimy assjack who is as or more looks-obsessed, I'm convinced, than any RHo anywhere.  Aren't I damned dope?

Don't feel bad. I liked Carole quite a bit in the beginning. She seemed very laid back when compared to the other HoWives. I liked that she was 50 and unafraid to be light and dizzy, especially since the world seems to feel that she should cut her hair and stop giggling. I'm more than a dozen years younger than Carole, but I was glad to see her not yielding to expectations.

And then . . . she became an asshole. Picking apart the looks of others when she looks like a Simpson character. Crawling all the way up Bethenney's narrow backside and becoming lodged there. Thinking she and Adam have a love story for the ages instead of the sexy fling it is (and there is NOTHING wrong with that, baby). Paying the Countess any dust over the Adam fling.

Yep, I was one of the few who did not mind her kinda sad Sex and the City-esque vibe when she first started because Carole is exactly how Carrie would have turned out if she'd not snagged Big, lol. But Carole finally lost me when she started taking the most shallow silly things seriously, when in the past, she seemed unbothered, for the most part.

Another poster mentioned this, and I feel the same way: New York is the one franchise where it doesn't matter how I feel about them. I find these women strangely watchable, even when I'm hating their guts. :-)

• Love 19