Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Love Stories/ S05.E10: I Love You Baby

I liked that we didn't get that scene. It was a surprise that she had overheard the argument. In fact, just before that I was wondering if she was making up the fruit basket part of the story. I also liked getting the closeup of the fruit basket. I couldn't read the card. Was it legible to anyone?

I loved Hannah's jealousy story. I thought she told it really well and could imagine hearing it on This American Life. Whether or not she gets on that program, maybe she'll start a podcast. I think that would be a good fit for her.

• Love 5

I was imagining while Adam was screaming "Hannah is a cunt" that she was outside about to knock on the door and they'd just say "oh hey, Hannah, how ya doin?" and act like the apartment all torn up was not happening. It says something if you throw a fit bigger than Kylo Ren in your non Kylo Ren job. I remember laughing in Star Wars at the hissy fit and boom here and Jessa go berserk in Ray's (RAY'S) apartment. It's odd that with breaking everything in the room, I wasn't scared of Adam, physically, either, but I think Jessa doesn't really believe anyone loves her unless they're breaking shit for her, which is sad. I'm surprised that she even feels regret at potentially losing Hannah as a friend, I don't think she hooked up with Adam on purpose and I think she did resist but I never got the "this is my eternal bestest bestest friend vibe" from those 2. I need to go back to Season 1 and watch, I loved the fight between Marnie and Hannah where they accused each other of being "the wound". I laughed so hard.

Was the whole episode an homage to some movie or another? The Shining, Now and Then, She could be Mary Tyler Moore at the end, running in her dress, just needed a hat to toss in the air. I even think the Sex and the City movies because I began to think dressing Carrie was a joke, now it's Hannah. 

I thought Tally was going to show up at the Moth thing and basically steal Hannah's "jealousy" story. 

• Love 4

I never saw 'Now and Then.' What in this ep reminds people of it?

I don't think Laird was high. I think we were supposed to suspect that, but Adam did too, so he checked out Laird's eyes and gave him the ok.

I felt bad for Elijah, but at least Dill was honest with him. They never looked like a good fit to me anyway.

Love how Shoshanna remade or rebranded or whatever the coffee shop. I also like that Hermie like Shosh know that he appreciated and loved what she was doing but that she came on too strong sometimes. Their dance at the end was lovely.

Poor Ray. He can't see that Marnie's using him. Why can't he see that? 

Glad that Tad got back with the boot salesman. I hope Hannah's mom finds happiness too.

• Love 10

I generally only post here on a couple of idiotic reality shows, but wanted to chime in on how much really I liked this season.

Always watched cause I think Lena Dunham is a pretty funny anti-hipster (although I also think she probably is the ultimate one) and obviously very gifted. My husband always gave her props for her willingness to get totally naked with her very anti-Hollywood body.

IMO this was the best season yet. I thought Shosh and the Japan thing was hysterical (along with the Hello Kitty regalia and Colin Quinn). The reunion of Marnie and Charlie was pretty great too. I still think the best scene ever was from Season 1 with Hannah and Elijah at the bar when he told her he was gay and she was too blind to figure it out before (best parting line - your Dad's gay too).

At times previously, I cringed through the annoyingness and unlikeabilty of the characters as unwatchable. Now I'm disappointed next season will be the last.

• Love 4

Actually, I saw her as being very sane, her raised voice didn't distract me  because Fran was also screaming his points. The problem was, his points made no sense and hers did. She offered to call/pay for car service, but it just wasn't working and when she said out loud to him that he didn't even like her, he never denied it. Instead he said so what to that, and the loved her. Come again?

Look, it is very true that you may not like family members, but you still love them. But this is not that case, they are not  family. I wouldn't even say they've been together long enough.  They have not been in a relationship, even married where they started out truly bonded, really liking each other, best friends, a deep bond of love and as the relationship went on changes occurred. They had times like all couples have when you're not really liking one another but the love is still there under the surface. Then yeah, I would get his sticking around and fighting for it.  They just are not a good match, and they don't even have long enough of a history IMO for Fran to be carrying on this way.

Why in the hell one would want to start out with someone they don't even like is beyond me.  All I can say is he too, is on the long list of characters on this show whose flaws continue to get in their way of finding true happiness. 

Yeah, this scene was surely a green check mark for Hannah, an adult moment, unlike in the last  episode with her running through the bathroom in her pajamas, outdoors, to avoid this much needed conversation with Fran.

To me, his tantrum was because it drove Fran crazy that someone like Hannah would break up with him.  He considers himself so much better than her that the notion of HER dumping HIM was what was really bothering him.  It was all about his fragile ego.  He was mad at himself that he let himself get involved with someone who had shown herself to be difficult from the very beginning, and then, despite how crazy and beneath him she continued being (in his opinion), he didn't even get to be the one to break up with her.  He didn't actually want to keep being with her, but he wanted her to want to be with him, and the idea that she didn't was making him nuts.

Edited by marny
  • Love 9

To me, his tantrum was because it drove Fran crazy that someone like Hannah would break up with himHe considers himself so much better than her that the notion of HER dumping HIM was what was really bothering him.  It was all about his fragile ego.  He was mad at himself that he let himself get involved with someone who had shown herself to be difficult from the very beginning, and then, despite how crazy and beneath him she continued being (in his opinion), he didn't even get to be the one to break up with her.  He didn't actually want to keep being with her, but he wanted her to want to be with him, and the idea that she didn't was making him nuts.

Yep, you hit on the nail. I'm with you on every word and even more happy now that she dumped him. 

Now that I think about it, he kept saying that he wasted a year with her and when he says that part you can really hear the disgust.  As in, I wasted a year on waste.

Then he went on about how good of guy he was and what a good boyfriend he was...all his wonderful traits as the perfect guy, yet with all his perfection he chooses to be with her.

When I saw him, I was like, this motherfucker is still there?!

I cracked up, OMG.

That's  it, he looked down on her and thought he could write off his relationship with Hannah as charity.

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

I liked that we didn't get that scene. It was a surprise that she had overheard the argument. In fact, just before that I was wondering if she was making up the fruit basket part of the story. I also liked getting the closeup of the fruit basket. I couldn't read the card. Was it legible to anyone?

I loved Hannah's jealousy story. I thought she told it really well and could imagine hearing it on This American Life. Whether or not she gets on that program, maybe she'll start a podcast. I think that would be a good fit for her.

Yes. I could read it. It said exactly what Hannah said it did. (Maybe not a perfect quote here): Good luck, and I mean that sincerely. In perpetuity, Hannah.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3

First of all, what a coincidence that Jessa and Adam are downstairs neighbors of Tally.  Hanna and Tally talked for a long time and discussed Jessa but she never mentioned that Jessa is staying downstairs?

Secondly, they go to an apt. right behind the stairs, appears like a dead end there.

But then when they fight and Hanna leaves the gift basket, it looks like the hall outside of the apartment turns around and there are other doors?

Some have said they were trashing Ray's place.  OK, Ray knows them but why would he let them stay there?  Ray was Charlie's friend, not Adam's.  Plus what would he have said about Jessa and Adam, given he also knows Hanna?  Even if they behaved would he want that couple to stay at his place?

Plus it's not even clear that he went on the road tour before that fight.

The one post-coital scene is at Marnie's apt., with the cage around the bed.  BTW, she apologized to him for not coming and said she only comes with people she hate?  Yowza.

Maybe Lena isn't too big on continuity?

• Love 2

I was hoping I'd wind up liking Hannah at the end of this season; hoping that maybe Lena would give her some redeeming quality. She didn't.

First of all, and I know I keep saying it, but it bears repeating: they're writing the other characters to make Hannah seem like the normal one. I don't buy Fran as being an undercover dick who would beg and plead with Hannah to stay with him. Initially, he didn't even want to date her because she seemed like a bunch of drama. But now he can't deal with her breaking up with him. As harsh as it sounds, he did waste a year with her. Hannah was really disrespectful and inconsiderate when she broke up with him, and I love that Fran is a square when he's trying to be the decent one, but when he gets shouty and foul-mouthed, he's secretly a dick. Whatever.

Same for Adam and Jessa. I can buy that Jessa is upset with how she left things with Hannah, but that little speech she gave about how she will never forgive Adam for making her choose would've been better if it were more...believable? I don't know. I feel like this entire season has been about Adam trying to get over Hannah, Jessa trying to choose between Adam and Hannah (and choosing Adam and then resenting him for pursuing her), and Hannah trying to get over Adam. It's a little too...Hannah-centric. That fight was ridiculous. Kinda funny, kinda scary, but mostly ridiculous. I did enjoy seeing Adam freak out. He's been so minor key this season -- he barely raised his voice once. So it was nice to see him go a little nuts. But not like that. Not over Hannah.

What-the-hell-ever with Ray and Marnie. I would've rather seen Marnie do something else besides shtup Ray, who is clearly as co-dependent as she is. It was stupid and pointless for Desi to be getting blown in their dressing room. Again: we can't leave not liking Marnie, so let's shovel on the bullshit with Desi.

I liked seeing Shoshanna not be annoying, even though I'm still sort of annoyed with her over her behavior this season.

I...got a little worried when Elijah cuddled up with Tad. I was hoping the show wouldn't go there, and I'm glad it didn't. I have to say I like every time Tad calls Hannah "Banana". That's really sweet. Andrew Rannells did a good job slowly falling apart when talking to Dill and trying to hide the fact that he was crying.

Hannah's little speech at the Moth was bullshit. Hannah's a stubborn, spoiled pain in the ass, and she should hope that contentment with that doesn't equal growth and maturity. Lena used the scene with Tally to speak for herself, but it seemed whiny and self-pitying too. The Moth might be about Storytelling, but it seemed like Hipster Open-Mic Standup Comedy. Maybe the real the Moth is more literary/oratorial or whatever.

Hopefully next season is better because this one was kind of a snooze.

• Love 12
 What about his business, how can he drop everything and go on the road?   Shosh has a use for her marketing skills and Colin Quinn has someone to help him.  Going anti-hipster, pro-working person?  Isn't there already a coffee place that has that niche covered?  Let me think.  Yes, it's called Dunkin Donuts.   .

No, actually. Dunkin Donuts is as anti-working person as you can get. I've worked there. Workers there earn minimum wage for an 8 hour shift with NO breaks. They routinely violate all the OSHA standards and all the labor laws. They make you clock out and keep working sometimes, if you had the graveyard shift, especially if the donuts aren't finished or they got more customers than usual. God forbid they should actually HIRE ENOUGH PEOPLE. Especially at Easter--most of the people you see behind the counter are terrified college kids working for free six hours after their REAL shift already ended. I doubt they have ever paid anyone overtime pay in the history of their business.

Just because their product is cheap and they are old-fashioned and not hipsterish, doesn't mean they're "pro labor." Come to think of it, there is NOT a labor party influenced coffee shop. And there should be, so well done, Ray.

Edited by Hecate7
  • Love 5

First of all, what a coincidence that Jessa and Adam are downstairs neighbors of Tally.  Hanna and Tally talked for a long time and discussed Jessa but she never mentioned that Jessa is staying downstairs?

That was Hannah's apartment and Laird lives downstairs. Jessa & Adam were probably bringing groceries to Laird and the baby. 

But then when they fight and Hanna leaves the gift basket, it looks like the hall outside of the apartment turns around and there are other doors?

Some have said they were trashing Ray's place.  OK, Ray knows them but why would he let them stay there?  Ray was Charlie's friend, not Adam's.  Plus what would he have said about Jessa and Adam, given he also knows Hanna?  Even if they behaved would he want that couple to stay at his place?

That was, I believe, Adam's apartment. We've seen them there before this season.

• Love 2

They rode to Tally's place.  She said this is me.

Hanna was going to leave but she offered to smoke a fatty J.

Now maybe they later went to Hanna's at some point during all the smoking montage?

• Love 3

That was Hannah's apartment and Laird lives downstairs. Jessa & Adam were probably bringing groceries to Laird and the baby. 

That was, I believe, Adam's apartment. We've seen them there before this season.

I believe Adam is supposed to be living with Ray, in what is Adam's (renovated and cleaned) apartment from the first 2 seasons.

• Love 3

They were at Hannah's place.  It was Hannah who said "This is me".

Adam moved in with Ray at some point.  90% of that stuff was Ray's.  The apartment has not changed since he was there by himself.  I kept thinking "Poor Ray".

Count me in as someone who was thinking that Laird was high.  It seemed like excuses but maybe we should trust Adam...  that scene was weird to me.  Laird is so squirly though so it is hard to tell.

• Love 2

I'm going with ending up Tally went to Hannah's apartment eventually after smoking the fatty. Adam and Jessa were there cause they were at Laird's (?) watching Sample.

Hannah and Tally laughing hysterically on the stairs when they ran into Jessa and Adam was pretty funny. I once had a similar situation (years ago) and me and my friend laughing our asses off is a great memory. I wish I thought of a fruit basket.

• Love 1

They rode to Tally's place.  She said this is me.

Hanna was going to leave but she offered to smoke a fatty J.

Now maybe they later went to Hanna's at some point during all the smoking montage?

I just rewatched the scene.... Hannah stops her bike and says "this is me" and then we see that it's Hannah's outside steps. They're smoking on Hannah's bed and we've seen the staircase that they're on at the end before. 

• Love 2

I just rewatched the scene.... Hannah stops her bike and says "this is me" and then we see that it's Hannah's outside steps. They're smoking on Hannah's bed and we've seen the staircase that they're on at the end before. 

I only watched once, and it sounded like it was Tally who said "this is me" but the smoking definitely took place in Hannah's bedroom with that headboard thingie mounted on the wall. So I can see where the confusion is coming from.

• Love 2
I felt bad for Elijah, but at least Dill was honest with him. They never looked like a good fit to me anyway.

I was kind of mixed on the whole thing.  I didn't really understand why Elijah was so invested in someone he can't have been dating all that long, and honestly, Dill was right.  Elijah is too young for him, and he is drifting.    

And damn you show for making Hannah act so mature while Fran had his temper tantrum.  A lot of the stuff Fran said about Hannah was true!  She is kind of awful, but she still looked good in comparison to him!

• Love 1

Elijah is a treasure. Everything he said in his conversations with Marnie and D'Emilia was screamingly funny. I'm stealing "Let's Pretty Woman this shit" for my own use. (D'Emilia giving as good as she got with Elijah--"Why aren't you shopping in one?"--was awesome.)

Desi is endlessly amusing to me. I snorted when he started going on about the "aggression train."

Corey Stoll is so good in everything. Andrew Rannells was great in that Elijah/Dill scene.

I'm probably showing my age here, but the first thing I thought when I saw Shosh in her (adorable) spy getup was "Inspector Gadget."

There was something weirdly lovely and healing about Hannah laughing her ass off at Adam and Jessa with Tally.

Jessa claiming that Hannah was soooo important to her and her dearest friend was such fucking bullshit, considering she picked a fight with Hannah to be able to rationalize getting with Adam. The delusion is strong with this one.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 6

A friend told me to watch the finale, it's really not that bad. Wrong.

Hannah's parents are interesting...her mom has a tough edge that feels honest. Elijah is amusing and the remake of the coffee shop was fun and witty. 

But, Marnie on the toilet for her pst coital chat with Ray...it's not an improvement over Hannah..the whole thing is not real or shocking, it is just tedious, because it has been repeated so often. 

Jesse and Adam nude...why was he so coyly posed while Jessa displayed a fresh Brazilian wax. Dunham disappoints...she still is so protective of her boys. 

Desi has groupies...moving into the realm of the impossible.

And Hannah herself...crude, rude and demonstrably not too bright. Has no sense of irony, minimal self-awareness, and totally lacking in any sensitivity towards others. Stealing a guy's bike then throwing it to the ground afterwards...dick move. Doing a Sharon Stone on her school principal...totally gross. Snagging a teaching job and then utterly failing her students. Hard to imagine any job at which she would not be a swamp of incompetence and self-absorption.

Hannah's like watching an unattractive 6 year old inhabit a seemingly adult body. There are people who should live in their parents basement and never emerge...Hannah is one of them.

• Love 13

A friend told me to watch the finale, it's really not that bad. Wrong.

Hannah's parents are interesting...her mom has a tough edge that feels honest. Elijah is amusing and the remake of the coffee shop was fun and witty.

But, Marnie on the toilet for her pst coital chat with Ray...it's not an improvement over Hannah..the whole thing is not real or shocking, it is just tedious, because it has been repeated so often.

Jesse and Adam nude...why was he so coyly posed while Jessa displayed a fresh Brazilian wax. Dunham disappoints...she still is so protective of her boys.

Desi has groupies...moving into the realm of the impossible.

And Hannah herself...crude, rude and demonstrably not too bright. Has no sense of irony, minimal self-awareness, and totally lacking in any sensitivity towards others. Stealing a guy's bike then throwing it to the ground afterwards...dick move. Doing a Sharon Stone on her school principal...totally gross. Snagging a teaching job and then utterly failing her students. Hard to imagine any job at which she would not be a swamp of incompetence and self-absorption.

Hannah's like watching an unattractive 6 year old inhabit a seemingly adult body. There are people who should live in their parents basement and never emerge...Hannah is one of them.

That's why I think it's funny. It's so absurd (i.e. - if any of us pulled a Sharon Stone on our boss we'd rightfully be unemployed).

Though the shot of Jessa's Brazilian wax job I found far more disturbing...

I don't know what counts as a Brazilian on the East Coast, but by West Coast standards, Jessa's is just an "extended" bikini wax. Here, a Brazilian means removing all hair from the labia and butt, and just leaving a little in the front.

• Love 6

Hannah's little speech at the Moth was bullshit. Hannah's a stubborn, spoiled pain in the ass, and she should hope that contentment with that doesn't equal growth and maturity. Lena used the scene with Tally to speak for herself, but it seemed whiny and self-pitying too. 

That was my reading of it, too.  "OMG, you guys!  Being so successful so quickly is HARD!  You don't even KNOW!"   Especially, to quote Ann Richards and Barry Switzer, since she was born on third base and thinks she hit a triple.

• Love 9

I loved how Ray explained the coffee truck incident and Shosh completely glossed over it then after she had secured her marketing position, she went "wait, what? hannah? don't even tell me"

The same rules apply, Hannah is so butthurt over Jessa and Adam fucking but she tried to give a casual blow job to Ray. 

• Love 8

That was my reading of it, too. "OMG, you guys! Being so successful so quickly is HARD! You don't even KNOW!" Especially, to quote Ann Richards and Barry Switzer, since she was born on third base and thinks she hit a triple.

A lot of Lena-via-Tally's speech was about her morbid fascination with the garbage being heaped on her on the Internet, and whatever Lena's failings as a creator, actress and human being might be, nobody deserves to have the shit said about them that has been said about Lena, especially since her main sin appears to be being unashamed of her supposedly hideous face and body. So if Lena wants to use Tally as an avatar to vent her frustrations with the monster her celebrity has created, I don't see anything wrong with that, myself. Aaron Sorkin and any number of other male creators have made a whole career out of meditating on the struggles of absurdly wealthy and privileged white men, and critics eat that shit up with a spoon. Aaron Sorkin has devoted entire episodes of past shows mocking people making fun of him on the Internet, and they were much less thoughtful than Tally's speech. Just like Sorkin, Lena is allowed to have feelings about being abused by Internet assholes and to write about those feelings, especially since Lena has come in for a level of abuse that Sorkin has never had to deal with.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 14

The scene with Tally paved the way for Hannah to find her way back to writing. She actually listened to someone else; she overcame envy and spite and connected. She understood that you have to stand outside yourself and not be afraid to be critical.

Writing is hard work; making a television series is not a mean accomplishment no matter what base you were born on. No success is unalloyed; it will be examined and found wanting. Even pleasure palls.

I wonder if Hannah's acting out sexually was a response to Jessa/Adam. Especially the hoing down on Ray, which was of a piece with her extravagant praise of him.

If she can channel that energy into her writing, exorcise those demons, well... it's a thought.

• Love 4

I loved Colin Quinn and Shosh dancing. What a sweet moment. Colin is a wonderful person who helps a lot of people and I enjoyed the lightness of that scene.

I've loved Colin Quinn ever since he did some MTV show in the 80s - he was the host's sidekick, and Alicia Coppola was the token hot chick.  Does anyone remember that?  I looked at both Colin's and Alicia's profiles on IMDB and neither one mentions that show.

Also, what is the symbolism of Jessa's public hair? Represents the lines/boundaries that she crossed?

I don't know - sometimes pubic hair is just . . . pubic hair.

• Love 4

I've loved Colin Quinn ever since he did some MTV show in the 80s - he was the host's sidekick, and Alicia Coppola was the token hot chick. Does anyone remember that? I looked at both Colin's and Alicia's profiles on IMDB and neither one mentions that show.

Remote Control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Control_(game_show)

Adam Sandler and Denis Leary were also on it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092436/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULIJiGcm5RM&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grK66SReEFA&nohtml5=False

Edited by Accidental Martyr
  • Love 4

I don't buy Fran as being an undercover dick who would beg and plead with Hannah to stay with him. Initially, he didn't even want to date her because she seemed like a bunch of drama. But now he can't deal with her breaking up with him. As harsh as it sounds, he did waste a year with her. Hannah was really disrespectful and inconsiderate when she broke up with him, and I love that Fran is a square when he's trying to be the decent one, but when he gets shouty and foul-mouthed, he's secretly a dick. Whatever.

I agree. I don't like that he was suddenly turned into a dick. The only thing I can recall him doing previously that suggested this was when he took Hannah's student's paper to regrade it. I don't know if that's enough to justify this final scene with him. He put up with a lot from Hannah. I honestly don't know why he chose to be with her. Just the drama? Maybe he thought he could handle it, that it could be fun, that he could fix her. I don't know. I guess I'm mainly on his side because Hannah's behavior is so good at pushing other people's buttons. In this final scene she was so calm and reasonable. That would drive me mad if I was Fran!

I can buy that Jessa is upset with how she left things with Hannah, but that little speech she gave about how she will never forgive Adam for making her choose would've been better if it were more...believable?

I didn't mind this because we don't have to take what Jessa says as being true. She might not be admitting it in that moment, but she knows it was her decision to start the relationship with Adam. Nobody forced her. I would say that she misses her friendship with Hannah, knows it's her fault, but is directing her anger and blame at Adam.

What-the-hell-ever with Ray and Marnie. I would've rather seen Marnie do something else besides shtup Ray, who is clearly as co-dependent as she is. It was stupid and pointless for Desi to be getting blown in their dressing room.

I think there's a parallel with Desi having a groupie blow him and Marnie having Ray as her groupie, figuratively blowing her.

• Love 7

Adam Driver is getting really good at scenes where he has to throw a huge temper tantrum and break shit.  If this was Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, he'd have picked up a Darth Vader mask and thrown it across the room at Jessa.

My favorite line of both episodes was when Elijah and Hannah's mom are sitting together drinking and he tells her he's about three beers away from fucking her, and she replies "well you are my type". 

I love Andrew Rannells so much it hurts. 

• Love 6

A lot of Lena-via-Tally's speech was about her morbid fascination with the garbage being heaped on her on the Internet, and whatever Lena's failings as a creator, actress and human being might be, nobody deserves to have the shit said about them that has been said about Lena, especially since her main sin appears to be being unashamed of her supposedly hideous face and body.

I don't recall anyone (other than a few trolls) saying she's hideous.  There were many people saying that the nudity went beyond making a point to blatantly gratuitous.  There was a LOT of discussion of the whole "voice of a generation" thing, although that was something Hannah said and not Lena...unless it was supposed to be Lena using her character as a megaphone.   That said, the response to Dunham was visceral and way overboard.  It was in response to the over-hyping of her and the show but unfortunately was directed pretty much squarely at her.   Lena has the potential to be an interesting and insightful writer one day.  She's not there yet and for better or for worse, she's going through her learning phase with a big fat contract with HBO and an international stage.

The scene with Tally paved the way for Hannah to find her way back to writing. She actually listened to someone else; she overcame envy and spite and connected. She understood that you have to stand outside yourself and not be afraid to be critical.

Writing is hard work; making a television series is not a mean accomplishment no matter what base you were born on. No success is unalloyed; it will be examined and found wanting. Even pleasure palls.

This was the best part of the season, and one of the better parts of the series thus far.  Hannah has spent way, way, way too much time grinding away in the same wheel ruts of life.  This was breaking free of that to a degree and finally showed a bit of growing up.  I was really glad that she didn't fall back into the OCD symptoms, as was hinted at early in her meeting with Tally.   It would have been boring and sad, at best.

Just because you don't recall it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Yeah, Breitbart and the troll groups suck badly and in much greater regard than on this subject.   If you click through some of the other links on that google search, you'll see websites like GoFugYourself commenting on a specific outfit Dunham was wearing and they thought she looked nice in it.  Other links say that Hannah behaved hideously in a certain episode.  That's not saying Dunham's face or figure is hideous at all.  Then there's Dunham herself using the word when talking about the trolls.  Posting a google search and dropping your microphone isn't effective unless the majority of the sites support your assertion.

So basically, yes, there were some trolls as I said.  

When Adam and Jessa were throwing stuff around and having their mutual hissy fits, I expected there to be a cut to a couple of Stormtroopers coming down the hallway, only for them to hear the shit breaking and just turn around and head the other way. 

• Love 4

My least favorite scene was the one with Hannah packing up her classroom, and the principal approaches her in a relaxed and friendly manner, and then seems genuinely surprised and disappointed that she wants to leave. WTF? At that point I figured that this was a different administrator than we'd seen before, because there's no other explanation for him being so nonchalant, but when she oh so casually said, "sorry for showing you my pussy," I knew it was the same guy. Then I held out for a look of intense relief on his face when Hannah left, but nope, it never came. Seriously, WTF Lena?

I thought the fight scene was entertaining, mainly because I kept thinking that it must have been really fun for the actors to do. I'm a neat freak in real life, but having the opportunity to knock over full bookcases, break plates, and punch through doors at work (and not have to clean up afterwards) sounds amazingly cathartic. However, I could not roll my eyes hard enough at Jessa's pathetic explanation about how she and Hannah are the bestest of friends and Hannah would always come between her and Adam. Sorry Jessa, but what you have with Hannah is not "real friendship"; it may have been at one point, but hasn't been for quite sometime. Her rant was such a load of bullshit that I just assumed that she was intentionally trying to tank her relationship with Adam because she's sick of being a babysitter. That girl is exhausting!

I loved the storyline with Shosh, especially her Inspector gadget/Carmen Sandiego spy mission, but I doubt she would be able to turn the business around so quickly. It was fun to watch though, and I think marketing is a great niche for her.

I've been torn about how I feel about the fact that the men on this show have been generally more mature and likeable than the women on this show for a while now, but aside from Hermie and Elijah, this really didn't feel true for me in these episodes: Desi was... Desi, Adam became unhinged and violent, Tad ditched his wife and daughter for a random hookup, and Ray became Marnie's doormat. None of them came off particularly well IMO, which put them on level pegging with the women.

So good to find other "Remote Control" fans! That was my favorite after-school show, even though it did take me a while to understand that the hilarious "Beat the Baloney" segment had another meaning. Oh, the innocence of youth!

• Love 7

I could've sworn Slash from Guns n Roses was on Remote Control at least once. I remember him answering "goat cart" to a question instead of go cart and everyone thought it was hilarious. Now I can't see him without thinking "goat cart". But I can't find the episode.

I watched the After the Episode with Lena Dunham because I was curious about her take on Adam and Jessa's fight. She said something along the lines of "they're taking their relationship to the next level." Umm... would that be the violence level? 

• Love 1

So, they went from the dysfunctional to the toxic level? Gross. What's next, having a chaotic violent fight while Sample's in the room? I was actually starting to see them as a beginning of a decent couple, but I don't think they can recover from this in my eyes. I'll always be on edge watching them. And not in a good way.

• Love 2

Funny about Shosh's outfit during her coffee shop escapade--I swear the actress wore the same hat while playing a hipster on an episode of "Kimmy Schmidt" this season! 

I loved Hannah's "I don't know who to warn about the other" and I loved when both her parents vetoed her wearing her running ensemble with a blazer and belt with trinkets to the Moth show and I loved the dancing to Beyonce.

I was terrified that Elijah and Hannah's dad were going to hook up and that Hannah was going to have sex with Tally and that the slow camera pan was going to show us Jessa's nethers. Fortunatley/unfortunately? only one of those things happened.

I love Andrew Rannells so much it hurts.

Oh me too. He broke my heart with the breakup, he cracked me up with his line about being two beers away from a fling with Noreen and his line about Hannah being a "Moth 9" and I just swooned when he winked at Hannah after her story. He's just the best.

Desi and Tannis (sp) and the tea: "How do you feel?" "You know, grateful and excited. Thirsty." They would not make it long in Ray's.

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 4
When Adam and Jessa were throwing stuff around and having their mutual hissy fits, I expected there to be a cut to a couple of Stormtroopers coming down the hallway, only for them to hear the shit breaking and just turn around and head the other way.

I mentioned something similar, I said if it was Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Adam would have thrown Darth Vader's mask at Jessa.  But I like your idea too! 

Everyone who saw The Force Awakens had to be thinking, okay we get it, Adam is really good at throwing a hissy fit. 

He broke my heart with the breakup, he cracked me up with his line about being two beers away from a fling with Noreen and his line about Hannah being a "Moth 9" and I just swooned when he winked at Hannah after her story. He's just the best.

Couldn't we just have an Elijah & Ray spin off? I'd even take Shosh.

• Love 5

Yeah, Breitbart and the troll groups suck badly and in much greater regard than on this subject. If you click through some of the other links on that google search, you'll see websites like GoFugYourself commenting on a specific outfit Dunham was wearing and they thought she looked nice in it. Other links say that Hannah behaved hideously in a certain episode. That's not saying Dunham's face or figure is hideous at all. Then there's Dunham herself using the word when talking about the trolls. Posting a google search and dropping your microphone isn't effective unless the majority of the sites support your assertion.

So basically, yes, there were some trolls as I said.

No, literally any video from Girls/an interview with Lena/article about her and you'll find several dozen (if not more) commenters saying they hope she dies, she's disgusting, revolting, hideous, the ugliest woman they've ever seen, makes them want to throw up...it's emphatically not "a few trolls."

• Love 6

I thought Tally said it was her place too so it makes more sense to hear that Hannah said it.

I thought the words of Tally's monologue (Lena's) were so played out. Been there, done that and heard it all before. Oh the woes of success. However, I thought the actress delivered that mediocre speech really well.

As a viewer, I love Ray. But this show is underdeveloped enough (or my memory of seasons past sucks so much), Marnie saying she loved him made that whole scene fall flat for me. Either too rom com or just not believable- not sure which is worse.

Shosh was the best part of this season regarding the girls with me. A sentence I never thought I'd type!

Adam and Jessa bore the ever loving shit out of me and I don't care. Just tell me Sample is well taken care of and I'm good with that plotline.

I didn't know next season was last til reading it here and it made me happy. It's kind of like a drug I can't quiit even though I want to.

• Love 4