Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Love Stories/ S05.E10: I Love You Baby

Yeah, Breitbart and the troll groups suck badly and in much greater regard than on this subject.   If you click through some of the other links on that google search, you'll see websites like GoFugYourself commenting on a specific outfit Dunham was wearing and they thought she looked nice in it.  Other links say that Hannah behaved hideously in a certain episode.  That's not saying Dunham's face or figure is hideous at all.  Then there's Dunham herself using the word when talking about the trolls.  Posting a google search and dropping your microphone isn't effective unless the majority of the sites support your assertion.

So basically, yes, there were some trolls as I said.  

How can you say that when there were at least 100 articles on it, another hundred on didn't, and another hundred on happen? The sites DID support her assertion. It was actually a little shocking.

• Love 2

Adam and Jessa bore the ever loving shit out of me and I don't care. Just tell me Sample is well taken care of and I'm good with that plotline.

I don't see how they are seen as some good couple, at least not yet. I don't think any of these people can come together with anyone and make a good couple. They are all too fucked up right now to be able to do so IMO.  I mean weren't Adam and Jessa just in a recovery program? I'm not saying one should be alone if they are a recovering addict, they too need support. But to delve into a serious relationship with expectations too soon, I would think could jeopardize that recovery. It should definitely be a lot slower than these two are going. Jessa should not be stressing herself out as to if she's woman/maternal enough to suit Adam, or what she thinks is Adam's expectations. And the fact that Adam was practically stalking her...please, he showed up at one of her recovery meetings that was just for women and couldn't take no for an answer, this to me goes right along with addictive behavior. 

I'm even going to add Ray to that list since I personally think taking Marnie back is clear sign of low self-esteem.

None of these folks should be considered good significant other material right now.

Edited by represent
  • Love 6

Unpopular opinion, apparently, but Jessa's hair is not awesome to me. It looks limp and stringy. She can stand to part with a few inches, or at least some layers so it doesn't just lie there.

I think Fran was mostly annoyed with himself that he went against his better judgment and dated Hannah. Girl was a mess from the jump. I can see how one could be drawn to Hannah at first. She's fun, adventurous, and probably down for whatever in bed, but as soon as you see past that, you'll find out that she's a human Venus flytrap.

• Love 9

Yeah, I've seen Dunham eviscerated on plenty of sites (not this one) which led me to wonder whether I was hearing authentic Lena perspective about the downside of success coming from Tally's lips.  But LD's a good writer and I'm just a viewer, so who can tell?

They're making rolling papers a lot bigger than in my day.

• Love 3

Yes, the stuff that gets written about Lena is vicious. If even 1% of that had been written about me, I would have sworn off the internet altogether. And it's not just "trolls" - after Lena's Vogue cover came out, Jezebel publicly pledged $10k to whoever can give them the unretouched photos. Vogue retouches absolutely everyone who appears in the magazine, but Jezebel, a so-called feminist publication, chose to single out and humiliate Lena. I find her annoying and over-privileged at times, but she hasn't done anything deserve that kind of vitriol.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 17

What the hell?  Do you guys think all the hate is because people just dislike the show or because she dares to have ambitions in entertainment without looking like a super model?

It is really important to me that the one thing the series gets right is that a woman is not totally defined by her appearance.  Sure, Marnie and Jessie get some advantages because of their looks (which is realistic), but it does nothing to bring them real happiness.

Also, do people think that this show is having any impact on real Millennial woman?  Do they feel like this is an accurate (if somewhat cartoonish) representation of them?

• Love 3

True to form, like most of the season, the Season Finale was a letdown. As usual, Hannah's attempts at maturity basically sucked. When Fran confronted Hannah about their breakup and he called Hannah on her crap and she agreed with him, I think did it just to get rid of him, which IMO was fine with me since Fran deserves much better than Hannah anyway. Hannah's quitting her teaching job didn't impress me either because she never should have worked there in the first place. One person's "joie de vivre" is another's "being an asshole."  That Hannah's apology to her now ex-boss for flashing him included a backhanded compliment proved that most of the time Hannah's ideas of generosity are anything but generous. Hannah's reunion with Tally helped Hannah start to turn her life around, in an extremely fucked-up way. Case in point: the bike theft. Hannah's stealing that guy's bike was criminal in every sense of the word. Chances are the reason why he didn't lock his bike was because he was already late for work and didn't have time and Hannah's stealing it probably not only made him even later, he probably got fired. Hannah's so fucked-up that even her personal growth is at someone else's expense. Speaking of fucked-up, there's the Horvath's sham of a marriage, whether it's Lorraine's choosing to stay with her gay husband just because she's used to him and being over 50 & single is a fate worse than death according to her or Tad's still seeing his Facebook friend on the downlow. As far as I'm concerned, divorce would not only help Tad & Lorraine, it would arguably be the best thing that ever happened to them. Hannah's story at the Moth about the fruit basket and overhearing Adam & Jessa's fight was kind of funny, but mostly cringeworthy, like the fight itself.

Speaking of said fight, that they had it in Ray's place was bad enough, but to almost totally trash it and then have hatesex in the rubble is psychotic, even for them. Both Adam & Jessa were totally wrong for not only having that fight/fuckfest in Ray's apartment, but most of the things they said were totally bullshit, especially Jessa's claim that she would always choose Hannah over Adam. If that were true, then she probably wouldn't have fucked Adam in the first place. While I give Adam some credit for checking to see if Laird was sober before he gave Sample back, that was destroyed when he & Jessa destroyed Ray's apartment.

Speaking of Ray, the last thing he needs is to get involved with Marnie again. Marnie's having a non-sexual fantasy about Ray doesn't mean that she loves him. I have non-sexual dreams about guys too, but that doesn't mean that I'm in love with them.  Marnie  is just using Ray not only to make Desi feel bad, but to make herself feel good and Ray deserves much better than that, but unfortunately, he just doesn't know it, yet. Hopefully, he'll wise up by the series finale.

Re Elijah,  thank heaven that he didn't sleep with Tad nor Lorraine. Hannah is way more than enough Horvath-based crazy for Elijah. Shame about Elijah & Dill. While I heart Elijah, Dill was right about him being "aimless." Hope this inspires Elijah to take his adorable head out of his perky little ass and do something good with his life. I also wouldn't mind seeing Dill return because I think that he & Elijah have great chemistry (Corey Stoll's hotness doesn't hurt) and that if they get their shit together, they could make a great couple.

Shosh was by far the best "girl" in both episodes. She not only helped herself, she helped Ray, (unlike Marnie) and her dance with Hermie at the end was sweeter than Hannah's fruit basket.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 10

Yes, the stuff that gets written about Lena is vicious. If even 1% of that had been written about me, I would have sworn off the internet altogether. And it's not just "trolls" - after Lena's Vogue cover came out, Jezebel publicly pledged $10k to whoever can give them the unretouched photos. Vogue retouches absolutely everyone who appears in the magazine, but Jezebel, a so-called feminist publication, chose to single out and humiliate Lena. I find annoying and over-privileged at times, but she hasn't done anything deserve that kind of vitriol.

Yep, the more hateful her critics sound, the more I'm here for this show. 

• Love 9

Poor Ray. He's being used by Marnie to make Desi jealous -- and then he'll come back home after the disasterous tour to find all his possessions smashed. Hopefully this sets Shosh and Ray in motion as a couple.

Yuck. I hope not. I don't like Shosh very much and I never like Ray with her.

I like the dysfunction of Ray and Marnie. Bring it on I say!

I loved Hannah at the Moth. She let go of the anger. She got her writing groove back.

• Love 1

I think the problem is that Allison Williams is by far the weakest of the actresses.  When Ray said "I'm the one", it should have been swoon worthy chemistry. 

She works as Marnie, because she is the shallow pretty girl, but does not have much heat with any of the guys, including Desi.  I think Charlie was her best onscreen match, but that does not look like it is going to happen.

I guess Ray and Marnie could be endgame.  At this point, I have no idea if Adam will end the show next season with Jessa, Hannah, or neither.  I am expecting a very "day in the life" open ended finish to the show with very little closure.

• Love 5

I like Marnie and I like AW. Sure she's not the greatest actress but she isn't awful. And I like Marnie and Ray together, although something makes me nervous that she is just using him which I hope isn't how it ends up. 

Something asked in a post if people/young women in this age group can relate to this show or whatever and so speaking for myself, I don't see myself really in any of the girls. At least not this season. I haven't had the experiences they've had. I think the most relatable I felt to this show was season 2 and to Marnie feeling lost that season. Because she had a lot of the exact responses to similar situations I had had during that time period. I still find myself finding more to her character than others, though sometimes I feel myself a Soshana as well. It doesn't change my viewpoint or my life. In fact, despite hearing the money issues of these girls they still seem to have it, I can't really relate to them because like I said, money is a real problem on tv it just seems to be something that is said for plot but yet the Girls still make do. So, yeah. The real life aspects of their problems vs my actual real life, no.. I can't really relate. I can relate to the fact that this show started with all these four girls hanging out a lot together and making plans to hang out together and as we've gone through the seasons, that seems to be less and less important. That seems true to me that the girls are growing apart and it's now an effort to make plans and keep them. That seems very true and I can relate to that as a 20 something "girl".  

• Love 4

It made me really sad when Dill called Elijah aimless. It was a strong word and I felt sorry for him but most of all I felt sorry for Dill who categorizes people like this. I hated it.

I cried the last 3 minutes of the second episode, and I loved Hannah's story. Lena has a great talent and I applaud her once more. Other than this it was a good season (maybe the best so far in my opinion) where we get the chance to see people growing but not necessarily maturing, learning from their mistakes, we see friendships and family relationships crumbling but remaining strong, we see some necessary loneliness and some reconsideration in choices. I liked Shosh trying something new in Japan but being able to realize she doesn't like it and go back and become passionate about something else that counts for once. I liked Jessa remaining the dark person who she is finding another one like her, Adam, having doubts about the morality of things but proving once again that she doesn't care about morals. I liked Marnie making a mistake, realizing it, removing herself from it but then going to someone safe while feeling nothing for neither of these people, simply because she knows not how to love herself for starters. And of course I liked Hannah experimenting with the "good guy" like everyone expected her to do (like everyone expect US ALL to do) only to realize he was not for her because at the end of the day she is not a normal person, she has her flaws and the greatest of all is she can't have feelings for people because she has not received healthy love from her parents. I hope she goes on with writing because her misery is translated in great stories.

• Love 1

I have always been fascinated by the Jessa/Hannah dynamic.  I know Marnie is supposed to be Hannah's best friend, but I always felt like Hannah kind of worships Jessa.

I felt that Hannah wants to be Jessa minus the drug addictions.  It never seemed that Jessa cared very much about Hannah, except to sort of use her, which is not unusual for her.

I am surprised that Jessa feels so much guilt for dating Adam.  Last season Jessa felt no remorse for setting up Adam with Mimi Rose, so Jessa could have a go at Mimi Rose's boyfriend. 

• Love 8

I am hopeful that Ray and Marnie are now acknowledged to be a failed idea, as Ray carrying a frayed guitar case, and Desi still being in the picture (and Marnie's jealousy of his girlfriend) suggests perhaps Desi is not going to go the way of Jessa's starter husband. After all, it's not as if Marnie is markedly less narcissistic/immature than Desi, and the actors have chemistry (I think the guy playing Desi is really funny).

I get it with Jessa and Adam. I liked the idea of the two of them mellowing each other out, but I guess Lena doesn't like that idea, and by having them act out and be volatile with each other, she basically wanted to show it's a serious relationship engaging real parts of themselves, it's passionate and now there's more at stake because they both recognize it's intense and there's real caring. Okay. I like them though.

Lena has said that "despite what people think" Jessa isn't the sort of person who'd sleep with a friend's ex, but Adam is (I guess the kind of ex boyfriend that would sleep with an ex-girlfriend's good friend), so that's why they had him pursue Jessa.

I have only one issue with Lena Dunham, which is her story about her one-year old sister, which can't possibly have happened in real life, and which was unsettling. HOWEVER, better that it didn't happen in real life (if you read the story, absolutely impossible for a one-year old both cognitively and literally). BUT, I absolutely love love lover her for speaking out in support of Dylan Farrow immediately, for standing behind it, for taking on Woody Allen, and for generally handling fame and her public persona well, and putting her name behind really good feminist causes. We need her and I like her.

I also think a lot of the media slammed her for her nudity because they thought she was narcissistic while not having the looks to justify her narcissism, and that's why we got stuff like the unretouched Vogue pictures. "She's not pretty enough to be naked! She's not pretty enough to be in Vogue!"

For that matter, and upon reflection, I also respect Anna Wintour. I read a book on her and she came across as competitive in at least one friendship, but otherwise just completely driven in terms of her editorial vision for fashion (when she's a trust fund baby and didn't really have to work at all). I like that Wintour, for all her hauteur and her froideur, puts people like Dunham on the cover of Vogue.

Edited by DianeDobbler
  • Love 3

I think the problem is that Allison Williams is by far the weakest of the actresses.  When Ray said "I'm the one", it should have been swoon worthy chemistry. 

She works as Marnie, because she is the shallow pretty girl, but does not have much heat with any of the guys, including Desi.  I think Charlie was her best onscreen match, but that does not look like it is going to happen.

I don't mind Alison Williams' limited acting skills in Girls, since it works for Marnie, a plastic, shallow sort of character. It sounds weird, but sometimes shitty actresses can work very well in roles, providing they're playing characters with a limited or no emotional range (Emily Deschanel in Bones, Summer Glau in TSCC).

The more I think about the closing sequence, the more I like it. There was a sort of optimism, sweetness and gentleness to most of the scenes: Shosh and Hermie celebrating their success by dancing together, Elijah and Loreen having a drunk bonding session, a nervous but determined Tad knocking on the guy's door (and the guy's hopeful expression when he saw it was Tad, so cute!), and Hannah breaking into a run, free of last of Adam and Jessa.

...and then you have Adam and Jessa stewing in their own destructive juices (so to speak), and Desi being blown by a girl who looks underage. But yeah, the rest was beautiful and sweet.

(I think the guy playing Desi is really funny)

Elijah gets the wittiest lines (and Andrew Rannells has superb timing), but Desi is definitely the funniest character. That actor deserves all the awards for the number of times he's made me snort out my drink. I love that the writers have seen the potential in the character's ridiculousness.

• Love 3

I'd like to just take a moment to give huge props to JENNY FUCKING SLATE. I love her in everything, and her performance as Tally in the penultimate episode of this season was no exception. If you're not familiar with her work, check her out on Drunk History and see her movie "Obvious Child." She's amazing. Someone give her her own show already. 

A lot of Lena-via-Tally's speech was about her morbid fascination with the garbage being heaped on her on the Internet, and whatever Lena's failings as a creator, actress and human being might be, nobody deserves to have the shit said about them that has been said about Lena, especially since her main sin appears to be being unashamed of her supposedly hideous face and body. So if Lena wants to use Tally as an avatar to vent her frustrations with the monster her celebrity has created, I don't see anything wrong with that, myself.

I completely agree. I thought this was such a smart, sly way to address the criticism that Dunham has faced and how she has to deal with it every goddamn day, all the while still trying to create good art. To quote DianeDobbler, "We need her and I like her."

I think this was the strongest season finale of this show so far - even stronger than the S1 finale. Hannah's story slam at The Moth was really well-written, witty, insightful, and moving. I would love to see Hannah get back to her writing in the final season. Here's to hoping!

• Love 2

I'd like to just take a moment to give huge props to JENNY FUCKING SLATE. I love her in everything, and her performance as Tally in the penultimate episode of this season was no exception. If you're not familiar with her work, check her out on Drunk History and see her movie "Obvious Child." She's amazing. Someone give her her own show already. 

She was also in the short-lived FX series, Married. Not a great show but it had its moments. I would also recommend Obvious Child. In addition to Slate it also stars Jake Lacy (Fran).

I liked that we didn't get that scene. It was a surprise that she had overheard the argument. In fact, just before that I was wondering if she was making up the fruit basket part of the story. I also liked getting the closeup of the fruit basket. I couldn't read the card. Was it legible to anyone?

I loved Hannah's jealousy story. I thought she told it really well and could imagine hearing it on This American Life. Whether or not she gets on that program, maybe she'll start a podcast. I think that would be a good fit for her.

Heh. In one of the early seasons, Hannah opted to listen to This American Life rather than go on a hike.

I loved Dunham's storytelling . She did a reading in that Norah Ephron doc and her delivery was perfectly on point. She would kill it on Selected Shorts.

And totally, if she doesn't already have a podcast, she needs to start one.

Edited by bunnywithanaxe

I have additional comments, but there is something I just realized that the show just glossed right over. How can Hannah be so torn over Jessa and Adam dating, even after they broke up and she said she didn't want to be with Adam anymore, but then permit herself to give Ray an impromptu BJ, and he's slept with both Marnie and Shoshanna? And with Shosh, he not only took her virginity, but he was her first love (as far as we know). Fuck Hannah.

• Love 7

I think Marnie and Shosh are too good for Ray, actually. He's the guy who slept with a 21-year-old virgin at 33 and spent his time talking about hate-fucking his friend's girlfriend (Marnie). Sure, he's a better guy now, but he's 38. The girls are 10 years younger. I think at 33 they'll compare more than favorably to him. Physically, Marnie is way out of his league as well, which doesn't add to their believability as a couple in love. I did believe when she was just using him for adoration and he was appreciating the sex, though.

How can Hannah be so torn over Jessa and Adam dating, even after they broke up and she said she didn't want to be with Adam anymore, but then permit herself to give Ray an impromptu BJ, and he's slept with both Marnie and Shoshanna? And with Shosh, he not only took her virginity, but he was her first love (as far as we know). Fuck Hannah.

Exactly what I was thinking. There were a few other inconsistencies that bugged as well, like Jessa saying she would never sleep with anyone's boyfriend even though that was one of the main things Marnie said she didn't like about Jessa in the pilot. (I'm rewatching right now.) And as someone else said upthread, Jessa had a machiavellian plan to push Adam at Mimi-Rose just last season. Why was that OK but falling in love wasn't?

• Love 5

Just because Hannah decided not to get back with him doesn't mean, like she said, that he is the only guy she has ever loved. He is her first love, and she realized that for her, that was not enough. There was a lot of shit that went down between them both and him reaching out for her over Sample's incubator, right after breaking up with that Rose girl looked like desperation to me, on his part.  

She no longer trusted him, but that doesn't mean that oh well, she doesn't  love him anymore?   Is it not realistic to end or not return to a relationship for your emotional well being, yet NOT be able to turn the love off just because the relationship is over?  If yes, why can't this be the case for Hannah?  

Jessa sleeping with the boyfriends of her friends, I can't speak to with any real knowledge since I missed a season or two.

But maybe in her mind, those girls weren't really her friends. Maybe in her mind, for good or bad, Hannah has been the only constant friend she has ever had in he life.  She said she feels/knows she is not a likable person, Hannah annoys the shit out of her, yet she might see Hannah as the only constant friend she has ever had in her life. She's never turned her away has she? Well until that fight they had this season.  Didn't Hannah even take a bitching Marnie up to some rehab place just to pick up Jessa?

I don't know about Marnie's feelings towards Jessa, half the time I think it's the whole "three is a crowd" issue, jealousy. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

Hannah went to Sosh and Adam to pick up Jessa from rehab. Marnie doesn't like Jessa for a few reasons. I think jealously is part of it and she doesn't understand Hannah's admiration for Jessa because like Marnie said in the pilot, Jessa makes Hannah do crazy things and go on adventures that seem fun and then Jessa bails and Hannah is broken hearted and left in the dust and Marnie then has to take care of Hannah. Marnie thinks Jessa doesn't own up to her behavior, which also true. I remember a scene where Shoshana was all worried about her, saying things like, "and I worry that she isn't warm enough!" and Marnie was like, "She's warm enough! All Jessa does is ruin things and then blame it on her failed marriage or her dad or something else!" paraphrasing but..you get it. So I think Marnie has her reasons for her dislikes of Jessa. 

• Love 2

I'm also not sure how Fran is a huge departure from Adam. Hannah acts like if she had done some of the same stuff with Adam that she did with Fran, that he'd just laugh, roll his eyes, and say "oh, Hannah..." Please. If she had shot the principal the beav while she was with Adam, he would've yelled at her just like Fran did...probably even worse. If she had erased nude pics off Adam's phone, he would've been furious. If Hannah made out with Elijah because "it took them a long time to get to this place" right in front of Adam, he would not have liked that. If Hannah pulled the same stunt at the rest stop bathroom, Adam would've been pissed. But Fran's similar reaction means he's a low-key dick who's just faking being a nice guy.

I think it's that Hannah spent the entire time fucking with Fran because she was insecure being the screwball in the relationship. Fran, for the most part, was normal. Just a dude. He wasn't a recovering alcoholic who made up weird rapey scenarios during sex and had no friends and would fly off the handle at the drop of a dime. So he wasn't as exciting as Adam. But because he didn't see the humor (according to Lena) in a lot of the stuff she did, he was not a nice guy. Because truly nice guys are doormats who have no opinions about the behavior of the women they date.

And I didn't buy Hannah's behavior at the apartment when she was kicking Fran out as "mature". Hannah, you made him chase you through a rest stop bathroom and then begged him to leave you there. Maybe there's an immaturity basement in the Immature house you've built and we missed out on it, but all of a sudden being even-keeled once you've spazzed out and wrecked your relationship does not equate to maturity. I don't buy that Fran would've been desperately and defensively trying to stay with her, but it's probably because he got used to being the adult in the relationship and probably felt like he was putting up with Hannah (which he was) than vice versa. So he felt rejected, big time. I don't blame him, but: good riddance.

• Love 5

I think Marnie and Shosh are too good for Ray, actually.

Shosh is definitely too good for Ray. He should be so lucky to have a chance to have a woman like her again. Marnie ha she's possibly on Jessa's level of messiness and selfish & immature behavior.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hannah stealing the bicycle - she's the worst. Marnie used to be my least favorite character on the show but Hannah makes Marnie look downright likable to me now (and I've actually enjoyed Marnie's storyline this season). This season I grew to like Marnie more and Hannah less.

I still love Ray. Don't screw him over, Marnie!

I was shipping Adam and Jessa hard until that fight. Throwing and breaking things? So much cleaning up and repairs would have to be done. It was making my slight case of OCD neat-freak flare up. I kept hoping the police would come. I had hoped the characters had grown and learned....but nope. I guess they were so bored with the exhausting task of caring for a baby that they (especially Jessa) just had to create some drama and excitement and then have make-up sex.

I still love Shosh too. I'm down for the spin-off someone suggested about Ray's, as long as Ray, Elijah, Colin Quinn's character, and Shosh are regulars. Adam too if he won't throw things.

Also, Dear Lena Dunham and Adam Driver,

Time for a full frontal male nude scene. It would have been perfect in that post-sex scene with Jessa and Adam, but no.....we just get more naked chick. Please remedy this situation for next season.

Thanks.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3

Also, Dear Lena Dunham and Adam Driver,

Time for a full frontal male nude scene. It would have been perfect in that post-sex scene with Jessa and Adam, but no.....we just get more naked chick. Please remedy this situation for next season.

Thanks.

I think it depends on how far the actor is willing to go. While Lena Dunham and Jemima Kirke have gone full frontal, we haven't seen any nudity at all from Zosia Mamet, and Allison Williams is always strategically covered even when she appears to be nude in sex scenes. And if Adam Driver wasn't willing to go full frontal in past seasons, he's probably even less willing now that he's part of the Star Wars franchise. We did get a bit of male nudity earlier in the season though, when Desi walked into the frame after a shower while Marnie and Hannah were Facetiming.

• Love 2
On 4/24/2016 at 7:20 AM, 27bored said:

I'm also not sure how Fran is a huge departure from Adam. Hannah acts like if she had done some of the same stuff with Adam that she did with Fran, that he'd just laugh, roll his eyes, and say "oh, Hannah..." Please. If she had shot the principal the beav while she was with Adam, he would've yelled at her just like Fran did...probably even worse. If she had erased nude pics off Adam's phone, he would've been furious. If Hannah made out with Elijah because "it took them a long time to get to this place" right in front of Adam, he would not have liked that. If Hannah pulled the same stunt at the rest stop bathroom, Adam would've been pissed. But Fran's similar reaction means he's a low-key dick who's just faking being a nice guy.

I cosign all of this. She couldn't handle being in a relationship with a normal mature person, who had a steady job, goals, etc.

I was really disturbed by the whole Jessa/Adam fight. How anyone can think that's normal is beyond me. They're both immature and volatile, and it's not going to end well for either of them. However, it's really sad when the most disturbing thing about the episode is someone pubic hair.

I think this would make for a good series finale, but I basically hate watch this show.

• Love 3
On 4/29/2016 at 5:44 PM, ElsbethTascioni said:

I cosign all of this. She couldn't handle being in a relationship with a normal mature person, who had a steady job, goals, etc.

I was really disturbed by the whole Jessa/Adam fight. How anyone can think that's normal is beyond me. They're both immature and volatile, and it's not going to end well for either of them. However, it's really sad when the most disturbing thing about the episode is someone pubic hair.

I think this would make for a good series finale, but I basically hate watch this show.

Yeah, I love how Hannah thinks Fran has an anger problem, when Adam wrecks an entire apartment for practically no reason at all.

• Love 4
On 4/19/2016 at 6:24 AM, nachomama said:

I loved how Ray explained the coffee truck incident

And this is how you tell people about horrible embarrassing things.  Just toss it in the middle of another conversation.  Get it out there and it is no longer a "thing".  Heh.  I love Ray.

• Love 1

I guess it's great that she is writing again, but was it smart to quit her teaching job?  I know Lena is rich, but Hannah has been shown to be fairly middle class.  Is she not worried about money?

I do not know why am asking common sense questions about Hannah, when I am already aware she has none.

• Love 5