Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The wide-eyed "Aww, shucks" act is pretty adorable. It's wild to think that two years ago this guy was waiting tables trying to save up for a stint at Hollywood.

He’s really so charming. I expect as others have said that he will try his shot as primetime and movies when his contract is up, and I know many talented soap actors have done the same and it hasn’t worked out. But I could see this one going far. 

• Love 3

0F4E419B-2135-4505-B5CD-B5D7A139C77D.jpeg.6f287539d25d3a1051408a92cd077a0e.jpeg

“I got a whaaat?”

Yeah. That’s embarrassing. (for the Emmys)

I don’t watch other soaps, so I don’t know about the competition, but I hope Jon Lindstrom gets recognized for his work. When watching, sometimes for a brief second I legit forget that there aren’t two actors playing Kevin/ Ryan, much like I used to have remind myself that the Orphan Black ladies were all one person.  He’s so good.

I also think Alley Mills deserves an award. When a recast can step into a role that has been played by the same actor for decades, and transform the character in a way that makes you like them more, even though you liked the original actor but now don’t miss her at all (although you feel bad about that), I’d say that guest actor has more than done her job.

31 minutes ago, racked said:

He’s really so charming. I expect as others have said that he will try his shot as primetime and movies when his contract is up, and I know many talented soap actors have done the same and it hasn’t worked out. But I could see this one going far. 

Another thing he has going for him is, while he is handsome, he doesn’t have that Pretty Boy Soap Actor look (cough*Dex*cough) which will make it easier for people to take him seriously. I also think he can go far, and I wish him well, but I’ll be bummed when he leaves.

• Applause 6
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Another thing he has going for him is, while he is handsome, he doesn’t have that Pretty Boy Soap Actor look (cough*Dex*cough) which will make it easier for people to take him seriously. I also think he can go far, and I wish him well, but I’ll be bummed when he leaves

He would fit in pretty well on a police procedural or a medical procedural, which seems to be the bulk of network tv shows these days.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 4/29/2023 at 7:32 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The whole category this year was already changed so it really is the youngest of the pack who compete against each other. I don't watch B&B or Y&R but there don't seem to be that many younger actors in the first place to make it that competitive anyway.

The category used to be great for highlighting up and coming talent. They should have capped the age at 21, because they're basically relegating the entire "teen scene" to the supporting categories, which are already crowded. There are so few soaps left, and so few child performers, that this category may as well be dead under the new rules. 

Edited by absnow54
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

The nominees for Supporting Actor show how hard it is to make a good decision. NAC is a young actor in a main role making his mark with some good scenes amidst some misses, JL is an experienced actor who did amazing work as two very different identical twins, and RG is a senior actor who came in and created a somewhat interesting character with fewer scenes than the other two.

The three demands are so different, how can you compare them?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

The category used to be great for highlighting up and coming talent. They should have capped the age at 21, because they're basically relegating the entire "teen scene" to the supporting categories, which are already crowded. There are so few soaps left, and so few child performers, that this category may as well be dead under the new rules. 

Yeah, I honestly have to agree with you. It should have been 21. You see so few child performers in soaps now.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Yeah, I honestly have to agree with you. It should have been 21. You see so few child performers in soaps now.

I’m a little curious about what the category will look like next year because I can’t think of any actor aged 11-18 who got material on any soap this year so far.  That age range for GH is kids you see maybe twice a year for the holidays or special occasions and the other soaps don’t even bother at all.

• Applause 1
12 hours ago, tessaray said:

image.thumb.png.155fd4e7d9971104501c6060c6f3e4ab.pngimage.thumb.png.155fd4e7d9971104501c6060c6f3e4ab.png

I just noticed that the tweet above said 3 from GH, leaving out CD. 🙂

So, will the 4 from GH split the vote and give it to the new EJ?

If I can’t get a Jon Lindstrom win, then that’s what I want.  Then, I will laugh.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 4/30/2023 at 7:50 PM, 30 Helens said:

I also think Alley Mills deserves an award. When a recast can step into a role that has been played by the same actor for decades, and transform the character in a way that makes you like them more, even though you liked the original actor but now don’t miss her at all (although you feel bad about that), I’d say that guest actor has more than done her job.

Honestly, I'm rooting for her and Jon Lindstrom. I thought Alley Mills did really outstanding work. She stepped into a role that has been played by Robin Matson since 1980 and did a new take on the character that still felt consistent with the Heather we knew.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
8 hours ago, driver18 said:

I think the actor who played Leo should gave been nominated honestly.

Me too, but then again he wasn't even written into a wedding that was happening at his character's own house! 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

His parents might not have wanted him to be nominated.

Since he's autistic he might have a lot of problems with being in large crowds. It's likely they don't think he could sit through a ceremony.

I have a nephew the same age who is autistic and it's really hard to have him behave at restaurants. I can't imagine what it would be like if you had him at a large ceremony.

• Useful 3

You have to pay for the submission yourself so that may explain why some of the younger actor’s parents didn’t submit. Considering there were only 4 nominations before VG had to withdraw and there’s normally 5 in each category, they were probably the only ones who submitted 

• Useful 2

Are there episode minimums for that category? Like you need to appear in X number of episodes a year to qualify? That's what separates the Guest Performer category from the Supporting one.

On another note, with the writer's strike, how many weeks ahead is GH in it's film schedule? I know Days of Our Lives films 6 months ahead, but I think GH is usually only a few weeks, right?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Are there episode minimums for that category? Like you need to appear in X number of episodes a year to qualify? That's what separates the Guest Performer category from the Supporting one.

On another note, with the writer's strike, how many weeks ahead is GH in it's film schedule? I know Days of Our Lives films 6 months ahead, but I think GH is usually only a few weeks, right?

I’ve heard 2-4 weeks

• Like 1

I had thought GH had completely given up on giving the Davis girls major material; I assume this recast with a popular soap star means I was wrong.

I don't hate Mansi but I think Lexi Ainsworth deserved more of a shot at bigger story. I assume GH will now develop total amnesia about Kristina being bi, as Mansi is what passes as a big daytime name in this day and age and they avoid controversial frontburner material like the plague.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 2

Oh wow, now this is a recast i did NOT want.  What's wrong with Lexi?  I think she's great, I really love her portrayal.  What a bummer.  Of all the recasts I would like, they decide to do this.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know why they didn't give Lexi a chance at some screentime and a storyline.

I feel like anytime they actually gave Lexi material, she always delivered. I remember when Sonny came back from the dead, she was the only one who had a genuine reaction.

I bet what happened is GH nabbed Kate Mansi first, and then had to figure out what to do with her. I'm surprised they went with Kristina over Lulu.

Edited by absnow54
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I bet what happened is GH nabbed Kate Mansi first, and then had to figure out what to do with her. I'm surprised they went with Kristina over Lulu.

She's not even on contract.

What?!  No!!  I just saw this on Facebook but I don’t get involved in any of the comments over there so I came straight over here.  I’m so upset by this.  I really like Lexi.  I don’t know who this chick is but unfortunately I already dislike her because I like Lexi so  much.

I'm surprised they went with Kristina over Lulu.

I wish they would have recast Lulu if she’s such a big “get” that they just couldn’t say no.

I remember when Sonny came back from the dead, she was the only one who had a genuine reaction.

She had The Best reaction.  Very touching and genuine.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I thought Lexi wanted to be recurring so she could pursue other projects and that's why we don't see Kristina very often. Did I get wrong info?

Maybe we'll see Kristina more with the recast

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Good grief! I couldn't stand her character on Days.

I don't know why they didn't give Lexi a chance at some screentime and a storyline.

One more reason for me to drop the show. I can’t stand KM. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

I was just looking at Lexi's IG which her last post was from earlier this year where someone asked when we's see more Kristina. Her reply to that person was hopefully soon. I hope they at least asked her if she'd consider going on contract before they decided to stick KM in the role. I'm with a lot of you though when it comes to wondering why they didn't case her as Lulu since there's nobody even recurring playing her. KM had blonde hair for the first few years she played Abby on Days.

• Like 3

Well that's terrible news. I like Lexi and was hoping she'd get a story with her kids-at-risk charity. But I have no interest in any Kristina story with Kate Mansi.

If you all thought LW played Carly as a smug asshole, just wait until you see KM at work. This really, really sucks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I can only hope Lexi Ainsworth got some better acting job that she could not be more available for GH and the show had no choice but to recast, because if all this was just for her to get the boot for a "name", after all her years in the role, this sucks.

Kate Mansi is highly overrated.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3

Loved her as Abby, huge loss to Days that GH got her. They took Steve Burton so they take Kate, GH won.

I'm happy with this recast, she'll make great Corinthos fighting Carly's spawn. 

• Like 1

No, it’s a big gamble to replace with someone who hated doing soaps. The only reason KM is doing this because… she had the connection through Josh Swickward’s wife Lauren. The acting record is not very good in the last few years so this is the only playing card left to use before it’s Bustville. 

I Dont Know Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

• Sad 1
22 minutes ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

No, it’s a big gamble to replace with someone who hated doing soaps. The only reason KM is doing this because… she had the connection through Josh Swickward’s wife Lauren. The acting record is not very good in the last few years so this is the only playing card left to use before it’s Bustville. 

I Dont Know Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

UPDATE

It’s confirmed that Lexi made the decision to explore outside GH. I’m not mad… no it’s damn awesome that she felt ready to move on even if we are holding on her fast due to nostalgia or genuine love.

I think they scrambled to find the replacement so KM was a soap ready actress. It don’t mean that she loved the job but if it was out of favor then I understand how it happened out of blue. 

I’m telling you soap business is always full of twists and turns so as the world turns… 

• Useful 3

Really curious about the recast. I am also worried that Kristina’s bisexuality will be a thing of the past. I can almost bet that she will be chem tested with Chase and Dex automatically.

Saw Lexi did a video on IG and it is a bit curious. She does say the decision was mutual. However she also mentioned that the upcoming story for Kristina was something that was close to an experience in her own life. She mentions that she is writing her own story from her own point of view. So that makes me wonder if there was something about how the show was doing the story that she didn’t like and decided best to walk away now and do her own thing.

I am going to assume maybe the story is going to be involving her setting up that center. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Good luck to KM because it’s hard to replace well-loved actress. She ain’t Beverlee McKinsey with the ability to pull off master class in soap acting. It’s always going to be like just check-in and check-out. 

You’re going to have to earn your keep really because you got replaced by better actress on Days ironically on your own accord. 

The real truth? They could’ve hired an unknown and no one would care but they know ratings all across TV landscape 📉

After all, 

Since when they actually treated LA’s loyalty very well? Barely used for years. 

Willow is their Snow White & she won’t die like ever… 

• Like 3

LA’s video sounded diplomatic but I don’t think it was truly mutual. Her energy in that video doesn’t match that. It screams I was fired and don’t want to burn a bridge and rant about it. I wonder if she was even formally told about her exit or found out the role was being recast when a new one started taping. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Some fans on social media tried to ask people to stop attack KM. 

I understand but it comes with the territory. She fully knowingly do it with no reservation or understanding at all. She’s screwed no matter what so it’s her job to dig the way out of this mess. 

The Ex Producer… yes you sir… better take “bullets” for KM from everyone. It’s embarrassing to hide & let her be attacked… 

• Like 1

I'm tired of grown ass people behaving like pit bulls. Seriously, she took a job, like everyone in the world takes a job. It's embarrassing. 

What I find crass is that it seems Lexi pitched a story that the writers decided to go with but without her.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

I doubt Chase and by extension his wife has casting decisions.  KM is win for GH.  Especially when Days said she declined returning when Marci left Days. 

She has opportunities and been doing other non acting things. Then now had that Amazon show which made this move surprising.  

It is kind of a GH power move to try and move the next generation up. If Kate is willing to stay. 

Chad and Eden will have to step it up in scenes with her. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm tired of grown ass people behaving like pit bulls. Seriously, she took a job, like everyone in the world takes a job. It's embarrassing. 

What I find crass is that it seems Lexi pitched a story that the writers decided to go with but without her.

Strong agree with both of your points. 

18 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I doubt Chase and by extension his wife has casting decisions.  KM is win for GH.  Especially when Days said she declined returning when Marci left Days. 

She has opportunities and been doing other non acting things. Then now had that Amazon show which made this move surprising.  

It is kind of a GH power move to try and move the next generation up. If Kate is willing to stay. 

Chad and Eden will have to step it up in scenes with her. 

Well, that's going to cause problems then.  Too much fan fighting as it is.  A lot of it over who the most popular younger woman is.  Like, every base has their idea of who the It girl is.  Now we'll have Eden stans going more nuts.  I enjoy them all!  I really do.  Other than Willow for obvious reasons.  

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about this development. It's so rare that a whole soap family consists of the original actors, and it's always fun to see old clips with young Molly and Kristina. And, like others here, I feel like Lexi serves it on the rare chances she's had to do so. It's too bad this was a time Mo couldn't or wouldn't throw his weight around.

• Like 9

If Lexi is doing other things what weight to throw?  She wasn't a contract cast member they fired.  She was recurring and barely on. 

He can't force her to not do other things and commit? Or force the show to not write a more front burner story for Kristina?

I wanted more for Kristina as Alexis daughter, a Cassadine, and Corinthos fighting against Carly's crew. She should have more and happy she'll at least finally get that. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

LA’s video sounded diplomatic but I don’t think it was truly mutual. Her energy in that video doesn’t match that. It screams I was fired and don’t want to burn a bridge and rant about it.

I think you nailed it. Her talent was wasted on GH, but who knows maybe she didn’t want to do more. If it was truly mutual then that’s fine and I wish Lexi well.

• Like 6