Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Part 1 of 3. The Atlanta ladies reunite to address the dramas of Season 7. Included: NeNe and Kandi clash; Phaedra reflects on her emotional season and stuns the group with a revelation; and Claudia and Porsha face off once again.

Comcast is listing this as a repeat of 2015.....for those who record it, it's not going to record unless you manually set it.

Comcast sucks!

Thanks for the heads up. My X1 box shows a repeat, but luckily my Tivo guide shows the new episode and it's ready to record.

• Love 1

Comcast - sheeshe! I played my DVR recording that was supposed to be RH, and it was Men in Black!  Had to manually set for next airing and watching what's left live.

Kim looks like the black Marilyn Monroe! She's knocking it out of the park. Kandi, looking good, too. Like Porsha's look tonight as well.

Watch out about what you lettin' have about! LOL

• Love 3

Wow, Kenya's more delusional than I thought; has she not check Kim's IMDB profile lately? Better yet has checked hers??

Before RHOA, Kenya's acting "career" was sporadic at best; Kim, on the other hand, has had a steady and successful career since childhood---which is a huge accomplishment given how some child stars have difficulty adjusting as adults in the entertainment industry.

"I'll let the social media have fun with that one"... They will, Kim...they will.

I enjoyed the side convo between Khandi and Sheree.

Edited by sereion
  • Love 24

Kenya really thinks she's the cats pajamas huh?

Kenya is now morphing into Nene Part Deux. Taking credit for others being in the show and now Kim Fields OWES her some level of gratitude? Bravo might want to make sure Kim's paycheck comes out of Kenya's cut if she's so important to who comes and goes.

• Love 19

Kenya's career has lasted 30 years? In the words of Whitney Houson, show me the receipts.

Kenya is so nasty.

Kandi's face when Kenya said that she can pay her own bills was priceless. I recall Kenya getting kicked out for not paying rent.

I'll be checking CVS in the fall to see if Moore Hair Care is there.

• Love 17

Was disappointed to see Kandi on Kenya's couch. Sheree had her b***** face on so much that I couldn't tell who she was agreeing with, LOL. In the end, it looked as though Kandi and Sheree were just on Kenya's couch by default, and I loved their asides to one another.

I loved when Kandi told Phaedra that she shouldn't "let have" when her "let have" was basically a lie, LOL.

Porsha actually made some sense tonight, especially in her exchanges with Kenya, the one exception being that she seemed to forget she was the only one who actually ever laid hands on anyone.

• Love 6

Kenya did OK popping up as the hot girl in some 90s sitcoms, had literally one line in Waiting to Exhale, and she did have a Pantene commercial. People can name Kim's characters by name - Tootie and Regine Hunter are iconic black sitcom characters, IMO. Kenya, sit the fuck down. Andy's "well, you were Miss USA in the 90s" cracked me up.

I loved that Sheree had no dog in any of the fights so just sat there enjoying the show. She looked like she was having a ball. I like that Sheree!

They all had so much makeup on, and not all of it was blended. Kenya's skin looked bad.

• Love 21

I hate when they (or any women, frankly) put each other's looks down to try to gain points - but damn if I wasn't lol'ing at Phaedra on Kenya. "I wasn't talking about your looks, I was talking about your skin." Ha!

I wonder if Andy asked them at the end of the reunion if Kim was a good fit if they'd change their minds. Too bad she wasn't like this all season.

• Love 7

I Cannot believe one of the first things out of Phaedra's mouth is shade about Kenya still not having a husband.

I know!! Phaedra, you cannot play the husband card when Apollo is in jail! There are worse things in the world than being single and childless. Like having your husband leave his children fatherless because he's in the clink.

Anyway ...

If I had 1/10 of the confidence Kenya had tonight, couldn't nobody tell me nothin.' The star of the show? Girl ... You could tell that Andy was sick of her nonsense tonight because he was throwing some jabs.

• Love 12

Sheree looked TERRIBLE tonight! Was she trying to copy Kim's look?

Kenya is TOTALLY jealous of Kim's success. Since when was she responsible for getting Kim on this show?

I loved Kim's look and her firmly putting Kenya in her place. Oh yeah, Kandi looks great as well!

What was Kenya talking about being dark-skinned? Her skin looked rather pale to me.

• Love 7

Why was Kenya shading Andy? That swallow comment was gross, and second only to the upcoming "dick in your mouth" comment she throws at Porsha. She's so vulgar and nasty, yuck. I remember her pearl clutching over being called Moore whore a few years ago. That pales in comparison.

I agree with Porsha, I was living for Kim tonight. She looked good and she was smart to let social media handle Kenya. Twitter is roasting her ass right now.

I was also living for Sheree and Kandi's ki ki corner and Kandi going off on Phaedra.

I fell out when Porsha admitted that yes she has a problem but she's talking about Kenya's problem right now lmao.

I was thoroughly entertained. I hope part 2 is just as good.

• Love 19

Phaedra mad she had to pay that last check.  If they were not filming, I am sure Todd would have never gotten any more money,. I do not believe for one second that she is paying to reedit the video...she just wanted to put in more digs at Todd for wanting to be paid.  If I were Kandi  I would be done with that friendship.

• Love 18

Phaedra mad she had to pay that last check.  If they were not filming, I am sure Todd would have never gotten any more money,. I do not believe for one second that she is paying to reedit the video...she just wanted to put in more digs at Todd for wanting to be paid.  If I were Kandi  I would be done with that friendship.

I think it is over, especially since Kenya watched the show tonight at Kandi's house! Now THAT is a slap at Phaedra.

• Love 9

I need Kim's "Say something" face as a gif!

Kenya's still flogging the notion that she had ideas for Cynthia's eye wear ad. That gave me one of many chuckles in this reunion.

I thought Kandi and Sheree were about to pull out some popcorn like they were at the movies.

They were giving me life!

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 13

Kenya is so emotionally stuck as a petulant child, she takes out her grief over her mothers abandonment of her on the other women and others in general.

She likes to pretend that she is so awesome and strong but she is still that scarred, insecure little girl.

The angry stank face and side eye she had during this episode was the real Kenya.

• Love 21

Kandi and Sheree reminded me of the two old critics that sat in the balcony on the original "The Muppets".   Where was this Kim during the season?

Andy just said the exact thing on WWH about them reminding him of Statler and Waldorf. They did a bit on WWHL with the balcony superimposed over Kandi and Sheree.

• Love 10

I wanted a picture in a picture with Sheree and Kandi in the bottom right corner with closed captioning so I could catch all their little asides. LOL! 

I floved the faces Sheree and Kandi were pulling when Kenya said she was the star of the show. 

Why was some of the best shade tonight thrown by Andy? At Kenya no less. The 'you were Miss USA in the 90s' in response to Kenya saying that Kim's success stopped in the 90s was great! LOL! To be fair, Kenya's cinematic masterpiece known as Trois was released in 2000. 

Of course Kenya didn't answer the pregnancy question! I didn't expect otherwise. 

The demise of Phaedra  and Kandi's friendship makes me sad. 

So nasty and so rude about sums up Miss Kenya. I don't happen to think that Kim is a fit for the show either but I'd tolerate her for another year just because it would stick in Kenya's craw. 

Kandi's body looks amazing but her weave was very .... weavy!

I loved the color of Phaedra's dress but not the dress itself. Also, although the colors of her makeup were lovely there was enough of it on her face to make up 2 other women and 1 drag queen. 

Kenya and Sheree looked liked they were wearing Cremation #5 foundation.  Not your shade honeys! Sheree's lipstick was nice though.

Thanks Bravo, for including the gratuitous pretty of Sheree's son. Damn, didn't realize he is 6'6"

• Love 12

Porsha actually made some sense tonight, especially in her exchanges with Kenya, the one exception being that she seemed to forget she was the only one who actually ever laid hands on anyone.

Well, Cynthia laid feet on Porsha so does that count?  LOL!

My favorite part of the reunion is when someone claims to be all innocent and they show a clip of that person being a stealth bitch!  I am so glad Porsha brought up Kenya's threat of violence to Phaedra when she was pregnant.  I also loved Andy calling Kenya out for being a provoker.  That's her MO.  She likes to provoke people hoping it will lead to violence so she can play the victim.  And I loved, loved, loved when Kenya told Kim she was boring and to shut up and Andy intervened and said he wanted to hear what Kim had to say.  And I loved how he chastised her for texting during the show.  Kenya tried to laugh it off but you could tell Andy was really annoyed.  Kenya had better watch out!  She might be going out the same way Sheree did for not getting along with anybody.  You could tell she was on Andy's shit list tonight.

• Love 16

I wanted a picture in a picture with Sheree and Kandi in the bottom right corner with closed captioning so I could catch all their little asides. LOL! 

I floved the faces Sheree and Kandi were pulling when Kenya said she was the star of the show. 

Why was some of the best shade tonight thrown by Andy? At Kenya no less. The 'you were Miss USA in the 90s' in response to Kenya saying that Kim's success stopped in the 90s was great! LOL! To be fair, Kenya's cinematic masterpiece known as Trois was released in 2000. 

Of course Kenya didn't answer the pregnancy question! I didn't expect otherwise. 

The demise of Phaedra  and Kandi's friendship makes me sad. 

So nasty and so rude about sums up Miss Kenya. I don't happen to think that Kim is a fit for the show either but I'd tolerate her for another year just because it would stick in Kenya's craw. 

I loved the color of Phaedra's dress but not the dress itself. Also, although the colors of her makeup were lovely there was enough of it on her face to make up 2 other women and 1 drag queen. 

Kenya and Sheree looked liked they were wearing Cremation #5 foundation.  Not your shade honeys! Sheree's lipstick was nice though.

Thanks Bravo, for including the gratuitous pretty of Sheree's son. Damn, didn't realize he is 6'6"

Kandi looked like she shaved her head bald and pasted on that weave.

Andy gave Kenya a good smackdown about that texting. Since her so-called boyfriend appears at the reunion, he surely wasn't feeding the dogs.  The lies she tells. 

• Love 14

If Kenya would stop looking for only dirt on Kim she would know that Kim has a body of work way beyond the 90's.  When Kenya was being brought to her mother's house to be ignored; Kim's mother was taking her to the set of commercials and t.v. shows.  Kim has a good 40 years of work under her belt, that's nothing to sneeze at.  So glad Andy let Kenya have it a few times tonight.  Also Kenya's face looked fuller to me.

I know Andy was being kind but Kandi has at least 30 more pounds to drop before she reaches the size she was back when she was in Xscape.  However she does look good after just having had a baby.  From those photos Baby Tucker looks like he has Todd's head.

• Love 8

Please tell me Kenya isn't REALLY delusional. That she's just playing a part.

When Kenya made the swallow comment to Andy…Kim should have said, excuse me Andy…remember what said about wondering what ever happened to "class."

And she should do the same think when Kenya makes the dick in mouth comment to Porsha -- how disgusting.

I wish Kim would stand by her beliefs even stronger than she does. Why not say…"no I don't think a person needs to walk around with their but and breasts hanging out." And no it's NOT classy for a 35 year old woman to sexually talk about her friend's son. Who does that..who thinks of their friends son teenage OR adult -- as eye candy? And if I'm the only one who thinks thats inappropriate and if that makes me judgmental. So be it." While I do wish she would set Kenya straight just a teeny weeny bit more…..I do like that by holding her peace she let's Kenya look bad. 

• Love 7

What cracks me up is ...

I went on Twitter and Kim is promoting the reunion and DWTS; Porsha is thanking her followers for their support and complimenting Phaedra and Kim; Cynthia is Complimenting all the ladies' looks, but.....

Kandi is busy defending DonJuanita and her choice of friends like the backlash she got when she instagrammed Kenya's visit to her house tonight.

Kenya is still talking and dogging Kin, Phaedra and Porsha in what appears to be a Twitter rant

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 6

What cracks me up is ...

I went on Twitter and Kim is promoting the reunion and DWTS; Porsha is thanking her followers for their support and complimenting Phaedra and Kim; Cynthia is Complimenting all the ladies' looks, but.....

Kandi is busy defending DonJuanita and her choice of friends like the backlash she got when she instagrammed Kenya's visit to her house tonight.

Kenya is still talking and dogging Kin, Phaedra and Porsha in what appears to be a Twitter rant

Kenya is so jealous of Kim it's pathetic.  She was a chorus of one saying that her career was as bountiful as Kim's.  Also, I can't believe she had the nerve to say she was the star of RHOA.  I sure wish Nene was there when Kenya said that because you know she would have read Kenya for filth for making that statement. 

• Love 19

Ok so I wasn't the only one who wanted to grab it and move the part to the center of her head? Sheree should have done that. She's a wig shifting SME.

I say it every time, but I don't understand the black tie attire to just sit on a damned sofa. When did that trend start on these franchises? The OG OC's first reunion was in their back yard in jeans and flip flops and there was no Andy with his index cards. When New Jersey had their first reunion, they were in sensible dresses. Now the whole thing has turned into the couch prom. I don't like Bethenny, but she was the wealthiest of all her cast mates and the only one not dressed like she was going to the Oscars at their reunion. She wore a normal pantsuit.

• Love 8

Kenya's still flogging the notion that she had ideas for Cynthia's eye wear ad. That gave me one of many chuckles in this reunion.

I was totally hoping someone would call out Kenya when she claimed she had two great ideas for the commercial by making her describe them. Of course, Kenya was just talking shit and had nothing, but watching her fidget and hem and haw would have been priceless.

Andy gave Kenya a good smackdown about that texting. Since her so-called boyfriend appears at the reunion, he surely wasn't feeding the dogs.  The lies she tells. 

I bet Kenya was trying to stealthfully look something up on Google.

I know Andy was being kind but Kandi has at least 30 more pounds to drop before she reaches the size she was back when she was in Xscape.  However she does look good after just having had a baby.  From those photos Baby Tucker looks like he has Todd's head.

I see what you did there! ;-)

• Love 8

I thought Kim's hair looked fantastic and I liked her dress, Kandi looked great and Sherri's hair and make up looked the best it ever had...Porsha's dress was meh, there are other thoughts but I can't say anything nice...

Can't wait till Part 2.

• Love 2

Kandi's hair was perfect, getting pregnant has somehow altered her looks for the better. The only bad thing about Kandi was her undergarments looked ill-fitting. I could see her bra line and I believe her waist trainer.

I liked the style of Sheree, but it made her look evil. Although I am liking the dark lipstick trend, because it is giving me incentive to try some different makeup looks, and I have always liked fashion/makeup that leans toward the darker side.

Porsha's eyeshadow: I need that.  I know a lot of people complain about the ladies' makeup, but seeing the different faces they put on is my favorite part of the show.  

Kenya's skin looked really bad, but she appeared pregnant to me.  The way her breasts were bigger and the puffiness she had about her.  I know she likes to fake these things, but I think she has found a match in musclehead. I do NOT like him, he seems to default to aggression too much, but I guess that would make him a perfect match for crazy Kenya.

I was also so excited to see that Sheree was on the couch almost from the beginning of the show, maybe that means next year she will get her peach back.

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Love 7

Take away Kenya and I don't think the reunion would have been so.... lively! IMO Andy was loving her escalating the drama tonight. He sure looked happy! At one point I noticed him looking at Kim, who was all riled up after a Kenya dig, and he was sucking his cheeks in looking very excited.

I was entertained! I'm looking forward to the next episode, especially Peter getting called out.

• Love 5

My take on the Reunion Pt 1

The looks:  I felt everyone gowns turned out looking pretty good.  All of their gowns were on point.  I didn’t realize that Kim was wearing a pant dress which was original.  Loved her hair.  Kandi’s hair was a bit lopsided.  Felt the need to tug that wig.  Kenya’s hair was like she went to go-naked hair and brought every pack and put it on her head at once.  Cynthia was flawless from head to toe as was Porsha.  Of the ladies, I liked Sheree’s outfit the least.

Kenya vs Phaedra:  Obviously the truce between them was very thin-veined.  Kenya took several very low blows at Phaedra but I have to agree with Phaedra when she came back with the skin shade.  They kept showing close up of Kenya’s skin and it was TERRIBLE.  Her makeup was also a hot mess.  I really don’t think her makeup artist likes her at all.  Kenya also tried her best to be the victim, trying to say Phaedra dogged her skin color and that wasn’t the case.  It also didn’t work.  Phaedra’s last shade, no matter what her marital status is, was so on point.  Kenya is the only person on this HOUSEWIFE show who has NEVER been a housewife, don’t have children, and only recently have a man in her life she can actually show.  Yes, Phaedra is now divorced and her ex is in jail but she was at least married and thus a better candidate for a HOUSEWIFE show.

Kenya vs Porsha:  She tried to talk over Porsha when Porsha pointed out the obvious that Kenya loves to provoke and act all surprised and victimized when it turns violent.  I also  liked that she reminded Kenya that Kenya actually threatened to beat down a then pregnant Phaedra on her first reunion show.  Cynthia chiming in about people going too far and someone getting hurt was a bit funny since she actually kicked Porsha in the stomach which actually sent Porsha to the hospital.  However, the single WORSE comment from Kenya was insulting Porsha with the dick comment that was dirty low even for Kenya.

Kenya vs Andy:  Kenya was just a bratty bullying kid at the reunion.  It was just so rude and unbelievable that she was texting while the show was filming.  Her claim that Matt was feeding the dogs was bullcrap as Matt was in the wings waiting his turn with the husbands to join her on stage.  A fact that most recap bloggers did not miss.  Her proclamation that she was the “star” of the show was sheer hilarity to both Andy and the other housewives.  Andy was clearly disgusted and annoyed with Kenya during this part of the reunion and his constant calling her out and shade proved that in spades

Kandi vs Phaedra: It is obvious that Kandi was true to form in her conviction that she is no friend to Phaedra or for that fact anyone on the show.  She still could not understand that her “assistant” was out of line and totally wrong for butting into a private conversation and that he got it wrong.  She continued to show pride in her “Kandi clique” not realizing that is was a bit juvenile.  Her beef with Phaedra about the shade thrown at her husband was on point (Phaedra did cross the line) but on the other hand, the entire season was all about Todd not getting his money from Phaedra like she was his only client and if she didn’t pay him, his business would go belly up.  It was all he was talking about.  And really, I feel he was just against Phaedra because of his friendship with Apollo.  It didn’t seem to matter that Apollo committed a heinous crime against innocent people and owed what was in that garage for restitution.  Both he and Kandi went hard on Phaedra and I really feel she stopped being a friend when Apollo went to jail.  They probably blamed Phaedra for not supporting a man who was mentally abusing her.  It was interesting that the video was still unusable even after she paid him.  To me, if it wasn’t completely finished in the two years he was waiting for his payment, then I feel he really shouldn’t have been paid.

Kenya vs Kim:  Ever the delusional maturity stilted child, Kenya actually tried to claim she actually brought Kim on the show and Kim should be grateful.  Really???  For one thing, unlike Nene who actually did bring Kim Z and Sheree on the show, Kenya was just a vessel to introduce Kim as Bravo has been trying to get Kim F on the show for a couple of seasons and finally she accepted.  The Kenya actually tried her level best to demean Kim’s credentials and claiming she was more popular and well known than Kim.  Again, REALLY???? 

My all time favorite scene from this reunion was when Kenya was talking over Kim and even Andy had to intervene to shut Kenya up to allow Kim to talk.  And even then Kenya just couldn’t shut up which led to the best comment of the night when Kim, in her angry mother voice, pointed her finger at the unruly Kenya and said “SAY SOMETHING!”  For a brief minute, Kenya did not know how to react until Sheree asked Kim, “What you gonna do?”  That meme of Kim shutting Kenya up is all over the internet and it was the highlight of my night.

All in all, it was rehashing of all the crap that was supposed to be resolved during the season.  Apparently NOT!!

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 14

Random thoughts on the reunion - (I was dipping in and out).  Cannot stand Porsha but I floved her gown, her make-up and her  hair.   She looked beautiful but appeared somewhat medicated to me?  Prolly so she wouldn't couch-jump and beat some ass.  What the hell was going on with Cynthia's make-up?  That giant silver streak across her left cheekbone just made me want to jump through my TV with a giant make-up brush and blend, blend, blend.  

Kandi looked really pretty and I loved how she read Phaedra.  Kenya playing coy about her faux-pregnancy (yawn).  On the fence about Kim.  Agree with the others - she is just not a good fit with this cast.  She's not a "team" player; she doesn't engage or confront and that's what this show is all about!  I don't think I can take another season with her dragging her kids around every gotdam where and her holier than thou judgemental attitude.

Hated Sheree's make-up.  Phaekdra is so full of shite.

• Love 2

I didn't like Kandi's hair, her dress was too tight, and her boobs were outrageous. She seemed to be unsure of herself when she was talking, and her voice sounded as if she might cry.

Kenya looked horrible, her attitude was horrible, and her stank face and eye rolling was ridiculous.

I thought Sheree looked horrible. I hated her hair, dress and lipstick.

Cynthia looked ok. I didn't like her dress and it drove me crazy the way she kept smoothing her "hair". She added absolutely nothing to the reunion.

I thought Phaedra looked pretty, but her dress overwhelmed her.

I thought Porsha looked the best and added some funny lines.

Kim looked horrible. I hated her hair and dress.....it didn't suit her.

Todd looked so stupid in his flashbacks with his ball cap sitting on the side of his head.

Andy looked weird. His eyes looked different.

IMO. Kandi and Kim can leave the show. They added nothing.

• Love 4

Kenya kept trying to make it seem like Kim had insulted all of them multiple times, to get someone else on her side. But all she could spit out was the "class" comment and the remark about not wanting to be part of "that group." Neither of which were really all that bad. She came off even more pathetic than usual.

• Love 13

What's up with the interrogation room lighting? Way too bright and intense. It is washing them out, causing huge shadows and Sheree looks like she is melting

I suspect that Sheree is experiencing her own personal summers now, aka....perimenopause. LOL

• Love 5

What a lot of folks don't seem to understand is that Kim's handling of Kenya was the best and indeed the only way anyone can handle Kenya. Just see Kenya as the errant child she is and use mommy discipline on her the way Kim did. Kim refused to engage Kenya's angry rants and nasty digs, she refused to fight with Kenya when Kenya did her worse and She did the mommy thing when Kenya tried to go too far. Even though they are both the same exact age, Kim appears far more mature than the childlike bully that is Kenya. I want to see her back because she can shut down Kenya with a few quiet words or even with no words at all.

• Love 16

So much of what I thought about the reunion has already been said, but I cannot stand Kenya's form of arguing when confronted by others. She just keeps ranting while the other person is trying to speak, even when the other person is speaking in a civil manner. She does this on the show also. It is like she thinks if she keeps talking over someone she has won or something. 

Kim should have printed out her imdb page and gave it to Kenya. Kim has been working as an actress and director well into the 2000's. I laughed at Kenya thinking that because she is on the RHOA that she has a better body of work and is more relevant than Kim. I would like to see Kim stick around, because she seems to not fear Kenya like some others. She can also dish it back to Kenya way better than Kenya can dish it out.

Kandi and Sheree had me laughing as well with their comments. After Kenya declared herself the star of RHOA and how it was her show, was it Porsha who asked Phaedra "Is she paying you?" That comment cracked me up.

I do miss the Kandi and Phaedra friendship, but it seems that after they get to some sort of good place, the show airs and they see all the petty comments being made. I do not care about their fight anymore, nor do I care one way or another about Don Juan and that whole argument. For some reason it feels like it happened ages ago. I think both Kandi and Phaedra were wrong in certain parts of this never-ending sort of feud, either move on or don't. I do not really care at this point.

• Love 5