Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Twice As Far

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Tara's girlfriend dies and she doesn't even get a scene? 

Alanna was 9 months pregnant in her last episode so she may not have been able to film anything more. It's going to annoy me if we don't see her again until next season though, especially if she's told offcamera.

I think I get why Carol left. It wasn't that she became a pacifist; it was that she knew she would be put in a position of having to kill again - knowing that it was necessary and right to kill to protect the people she loved - and psychologically she just could not do that again. It wasn't Morgan that broke her; it was her very intense insight into her own psyche. And how do you come back from that?

It's also symmetry, in a way - she was banished because she did what she thought was best for the group. Now she's leaving because she can't keep doing what she thinks is best for the group. 

• Love 19

Stupid writers wasted half the show trying to make me care about Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita, which will NEVER happen. Ugh, Abraham talking about picking up feces is 100 times grosser than the worst zombie gore they've ever shown. I want to be excited about the plot developments, but I'm just too upset about Abraham being deemed acceptable by Sasha. I'm particularly invested in her character because I'm friends with the actress's sister, and I find Abraham sooo repulsive that I feel like I should be getting in touch with Sonequa to somehow intervene!

Oh, and also, it's a pretty neat trick that Darryl and Rosita fit all the drugs in only two backpacks. Maybe they just emptied all the pills into the bags and will try to sort them out later?

Edited by Portia
  • Love 13
I think I get why Carol left. It wasn't that she became a pacifist; it was that she knew she would be put in a position of having to kill again - knowing that it was necessary and right to kill to protect the people she loved - and psychologically she just could not do that again. It wasn't Morgan that broke her; it was her very intense insight into her own psyche. And how do you come back from that?

I get that...but then, what's the point of even living in this world? Can she not kill at all? Does she think if she's going solo she'll be less likely to have other humans to kill? Can she kill to save herself? I don't know, I tend to think having a group that's like a family, people WORTH killing for, is the only reason to stay live in the ZA. If I reached the point where I didn't want to kill anymore and then had to leave my group because I couldn't risk not helping them, I'd probably just opt out. Roaming around solo in a zombie wasteland would SUCK.

• Love 23

So even in the post-apocalyptic world order, people still remember the final episode of M*A*S*H. Oy, that scene was gruesome.

(Also, I believe Tara's on the supply run now, right? Wouldn't that explain her absence? She was going to be gone two weeks. Or had that already happened?)

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 3

The sound of the empty porch swing Carol had been sitting on sounded an awful lot like the sound of a hanging rope.

I love it when the show makes good use of old-school horror movie tropes. When Denise investigated the banging noise at the apothecary shop ... damn, that was more horrifying than just about anything one can imagine. The pool of blood, the tiny shoe, the word hush written over and over again on the wall. Damn. You don't see reanimated infants because they are basically bite-size Snickers for the walkers.

And just as Eugene is growing a pair, he takes a bite out of someone else's beans.

• Love 21

I get that...but then, what's the point of even living in this world? Can she not kill at all? Does she think if she's going solo she'll be less likely to have other humans to kill? Can she kill to save herself? I don't know, I tend to think having a group that's like a family, people WORTH killing for, is the only reason to stay live in the ZA. If I reached the point where I didn't want to kill anymore and then had to leave my group because I couldn't risk not helping them, I'd probably just opt out. Roaming around solo in a zombie wasteland would SUCK.

Exactly. The point of the talk with Daryl and the whole Morgan/Wolf episode is that you cannot just leave people alive who are going to continue killing, and will eventually do in people you care about. Even solo odds are she'll run into threats, and unless she's willing to kill, she becomes the very liability that she does not wish to be.

On a positive note, I am hoping Jesus returns for Easter Sunday!

• Love 15

I mostly agree. She's not suicidal, I don't think, but she's clearly overwhelmed. Maybe she needs to be alone, as simplistic as that sounds.  As she wrote, if you have anything, someone else is going to try to take it. And if you love anyone, someone else is going to take that, too. Yeah, I think she needs to go find the Cheesemaker's cabin and zen out for a while. But she'll be back. She really has to come back. She really does.

• Love 16

Exactly. The point of the talk with Daryl and the whole Morgan/Wolf episode is that you cannot just leave people alive who are going to continue killing, and will eventually do in people you care about. Even solo odds are she'll run into threats, and unless she's willing to kill, she becomes the very liability that she does not wish to be.

Maybe by leaving Carol is choosing death. Nah, I just figure she is having a mental break. She will transform into a new Carol. I wonder how come Morgan did not choose to leave also? 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

The thing I'm sad tromboning about the most is the Abraham, whom I intensely dislike, hooking up with Sasha, whom I intensely like. Womp womp womp.

Eugene taking a page out of Rick's book was pretty awesome, though.

Anyway, this whole episode was pretty much about people I care very very little about, and now Daryl is gonna go on a manpain fueled crusade and probably mess things up even more for everyone, and I'm gonna care even less.

Carol's story could have been great, but it was pretty shoddily written, so it looks like it came out of the blue. It's the problem of trying to juggle such an enormous cast (in a pretty clumsy way, too). If I hadn't recently rewatched JSS, I wouldn't have remembered that even then, after the massacre, she sat on the porch and cried. But if you don't follow up on that for eleven episodes, when that character point reaches its climax, it's become pretty senseless.

I can't really have an opinion about it, because I'm not part of the LGBTQ+ community, but is it Dead Lesbian Trope when the whole show is Dead Everyone (but a couple exceptions, maybe, I hope) Trope? I'm genuinely asking, it's not rethorical. Secondary and tertiary characters die like really stupid, slow flies, the ones that just stay in place and let you swat them, what's the difference between Denise's death and, for instance, Beth's, or Oscar's, or Axel's, or even Dale's?

• Love 9

You don't see reanimated infants because they are basically bite-size Snickers for the walkers.

There should be a few around. I can imagine people dying after leaving their babies locked in a room for safety. Then they don't come back and the babies die of dehydration or starvation. They should have found at least one of these scenarios by now. Show is chickening out I guess. This ain't HBO.

• Love 9
Maybe by leaving Carol is choosing death. I wonder how come Morgan did not choose to leave also?

I think the difference is, Morgan feels he must teach his philosophy to others. Carol has no interest in that.

Sigh...I don't know. I feel like however they resolve this Carol issue, it's going to be like the Glenn fake out. No result will feel satisfying. If this is it, she's just gone for good, I'll feel very cheated. If they bring her back/she comes back - YET AGAIN - it's just going to feel cliche and tired. Sometimes I think the writers start down an interesting path with Carol and then they just swing too far with her and it becomes almost unbelievable.

• Love 9

Maybe by leaving Carol is choosing death. Nah, I just figure she is having a mental break. She will transform into a new Carol. I wonder how come Morgan did not choose to leave also? 

Oh, I'm thinking Morgan is going to follow her anyway. He feels a connection even if she doesn't. I also think he's misreading her, because Carol's not wanting to kill is based on a different motivation from Morgan's not wanting to kill.  Carol believes it's a necessity; Morgan doesn't. Yeah, that should be an interesting meet up.

• Love 8

Carole left to go do stuff and thangs...  I suspect Morgan is gonna go all tracker and follow her.

I thought ir was interesting that this episode focused on Denise and Eugene both trying to become more assertive of their physical contribution to protecting Alexandria in the aftermath of the Negan raid.   But I knew, knew, knew, Denise was a goner.  I also thought maybe Abraham would bite it because of the previouslies... but it was just foreshadowing him getting with Sasha.  Surprisingly I do not.... hate that.  Weird.

Slow episode, not much happened but still felt very tense, especially the repetitiveness of the scenes before the start of the credits.  Gave off a very 'waiting for the other shoe to drop' vibe without being overtly suspenseful.

I will say Eugene biting Dwight's junk was a supreme highlight.  I think I cackled the entire scene.

• Love 6

I think Carol's logic is that if you have something good (like Alexandria, family, love, safety) there will always be someone trying to take it from you. That, in turn, forces you to kill to keep it. If you have nothing (love, family) you won't have to kill or fight to keep it. For her it's easier to give everything up than to have to constantly kill and to always risk losing the good stuff.

• Love 20

I am disappointed in Sasha hooking up with Abraham. Baby, you are selling yourself short! You can do better. Even in the midst of the zombie apocalypse, I know she can do better.

I kind of get why Carol left, but I still find it annoying. She's just leaving everyone to their fates while she sits around by herself, feeling sad?

I know this Carol thing isn't Morgan's fault but I still rolled my eyes when I saw him practicing his stick-fu.

Why was Dwight's face burnt? Did Daryl do that?

The dick bite that saved them all was a pretty awesome way for Eugene to defend himself and his companions. No one expects a dick bite during a hostage situation. It would be weird if you were expecting that.

I think Dwight is clearly with the Negan group. The scheme he was trying to enforce sounded exactly like what the Hilltop said Negan would do. Kill one just terrify the rest into doing their bidding. But what changed him? He still seemed like a half decent individual when Daryl saved him.

I wanted to smack Austin when he was trying to define the relationship with Rosita. Just be happy a woman that hot and that capable is consenting to have sexual contact with you.

Meanwhile, what is up with the Saviors? Their behavior is just so unreasonable. Wouldn't it be easier and less dangerous to just stop being murderous assholes? How many people have died because they keep messing with Rick's crew? Why haven't they figured out that sometimes you and your friends just get blown up for their troubles?

• Love 7

The English teacher fan on The Talking Dead made some interesting comments on the infant/child symbolism throughout the episode. From Eugene and Denise's attempts to "grow up" and the "adults'" attempts to protect and shield them from that, the obvious symbolism of the baby in the sink, the tipped-over stroller (and family station wagon). He did very well considering.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 24

I think Carol's logic is that if you have something good (like Alexandria, family, love, safety) there will always be someone trying to take it from you. That, in turn, forces you to kill to keep it. If you have nothing (love, family) you won't have to kill or fight to keep it. For her it's easier to give everything up than to have to constantly kill and to always risk losing the good stuff.

Carol is clearly not being logical. She is having some type of mental break. Also, too many people who watch the show act like it is easy to kill people. Unless you are some sort of psychopath, at some point killing people would take a toll on your psyche. I expect that Carol will find her way as will Morgan. Gabriel and Rick have gone through this also.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 16

Sigh...I don't know. I feel like however they resolve this Carol issue, it's going to be like the Glenn fake out. No result will feel satisfying. If this is it, she's just gone for good, I'll feel very cheated. If they bring her back/she comes back - YET AGAIN - it's just going to feel cliche and tired. Sometimes I think the writers start down an interesting path with Carol and then they just swing too far with her and it becomes almost unbelievable.

I have to remind myself that Carol was an abused woman, and that leaves lasting scars. In the beginning stages of the ZA, survival was the ONLY thing on their minds. Then Sophia went missing and died. Then the prison, terminus, the Gov, and horror of The Grove. The Grove is (IMO) and having to kill a young girl is the thing that sent Carol down this slope. I think the "normality" of Alexandria and having some time to actually think has given Carol a chance to think about her life and everything and she is reflecting on the events of the past 2 years and she cannot reconcile baking cookies and wearing cute cardigans and then killing people. It doesn't jibe for her anymore. I also think that Morgan's view has also influenced her.  It has made her think about it. I would think that there would be much more depression and PTSD amongst all of the population. They are just choosing not to show that, but it would be a greater likelihood that more people are suffering than not.

• Love 23

Sorry about Tara losing her gf, and the town losing its doctor, but I just could not with Denise's blabbering. Tonight made me realize I could only stand her in small doses (pardon the pun).
I've never found Darryl attractive but when he was giving Dwight that death glare, I swooned a bit. Finally got a glimpse of what the fangirls see in him.

Nice rebound for Rosita with Spencer. I'm not concerned about Carol leaving because we all know she'll be back.

• Love 7

Did anyone clearly hear the line in her letter about her banishment from the prison? I thought she said she hadn't intended on returning to the group but then she met up with Tyrese and there was one thing after another and she felt like she'd not had an opportunity to leave. I'm paraphrasing the last part.

If that's what her letter said then she's been in this frame of mind for a minute. The culmination of another big bag they have to take out, Sam's death, Morgan's prodding and the events of last week has pushed her over the edge. She needed a sabbatical from it all. She'll work through it, I think. And come backed with a renewed or changed perspective.

I agree with others though. Leaving a 'Dear John' letter was not the way to go. She has to know they would come after her. She should've told Rick and Co to their faces that she was leaving and why.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 4

I had a feeling that Denise was going to die with the way she was giving her speech. I thought she was going to get shot but she got an arrow through the eye. Ouch. Her one and only time out on a run and she doesn't make it back. That has got to suck. If only she didn't take the time to see what's in that cooler, that could have made all the difference in the world. 

Eugene biting Dwight's dick reminds me of Jim Carrey from Dumb & Dumber  during that dream sequence.

Carol knows that she has to either kill or be killed. IDK what's causing her to suddenly rethink all her kills and not wanting to do it anymore but does she really think she's safer out there knowing that she can possibly encounter Negan's group? They're going to need her more than ever if Negan's group go on the attack while she's away. Carol is an asset to the group. 

I think that Dwight is with Negan's group based off of his apperance of haing burned skin and his ear missing. He did something to piss someone off.

Oh Sasha, should have left Abe right there on the sidewalk and not let him in. He's a jackass.

• Love 1

Maybe Morgan feels he can side-step the whole killing thing with his handy dandy new jail ?

• Love 5

I can't really have an opinion about it, because I'm not part of the LGBTQ+ community, but is it Dead Lesbian Trope when the whole show is Dead Everyone (but a couple exceptions, maybe, I hope) Trope? I'm genuinely asking, it's not rethorical. Secondary and tertiary characters die like really stupid, slow flies, the ones that just stay in place and let you swat them, what's the difference between Denise's death and, for instance, Beth's, or Oscar's, or Axel's, or even Dale's?

While I can understand why people feel that it's unfair that POC or lgbtetc. characters die more often than white straight characters (especially straight white male characters), I do agree that death is  a typical part of the show. In this case it's pretty bad timing because several weeks ago, a popular lesbian character on another genre show was murdered. 

I figured Denise was a goner once they had another doctor at Hilltop. Still, that sucked.

Even worse- the song they played as a cap to that scene. Some thin voice singing something about getting married- I did not get the relevance, and I'm generally tired of music montages on shows so it broke the mood for me.

Bring on the climax. I'm glad the central moral question was answered though. You totally have to kill.

• Love 3

Another thing about Carol of everyone in Rick's group, she is the only one who killed members of the group who were sick and helpless. Her conscience should be bothering her for killing Karen and David. Even after she came back, Daryl was unhappy that she had killed them and didn't seem to trust her at first before coming around. Throw in killing Lizzie, a mentally unstable child, I can see how Carol could reach her limit and lose herself. 

Oh Sasha, should have left Abe right there on the sidewalk and not let him in. He's a jackass.

I can't agree. Abraham was wrong to hurt Rosita like that, but he is a good man with a courageous heart. I would take him and was glad that Sasha did.

• Love 7

This show is starting to develop "red shirt-itis".   Right about when half-way through, I thought "So wait, Denise is out with two core members to prove herself?  She's probably dead then."  

• Love 7

-  Nice psychedelic opening.  Maybe watching this episode while high would have made sense in a Twice as Far sense.

-  I didn't think you could actually do worse than CptOrange, Rosita, but somehow you found a way.

-  They have the group come across some really sick shit sometimes.  That drowned kid?  Damn.  [nitpicky though, why wasn't the walker!kid 'thrashing' around in the sink?]

-  I'm a horrible person, and I admit it, but I was hoping Denise was going to say; "What's with the shocked faces?  There's a crossbow bolt in my eye, isn't there??" 

-  I knew Daryl should killed that f*er Dwight way back when.  Wonder where the burn scarring came from - wasn't there when they first met, was it?

-  Umm, Eugene, when they called you 'dickface', that was just name-calling, not literal.  And I thought you were the smart one in CDB; when one "grabs something (life) by the balls", I don't think teeth or jaws are meant to be the usual pressure points.  Fairly, or unfairly, Abe is gonna have a new name to call him now - Dickbreath.

-  Carol, you get back here.  Right.  Now.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 4

You might say that orange soda kinda is what got Denise killed.  :(    Or at least going back for the cooler.

No actually Daryl taking the long way round is what got her killed but it's also what got Eugene saved.

I guess I don't have a heart because I actually laughed out loud when Denise got shot with the arrow. I was just happy that she quit talking. I can't take these long winded speeches anymore. I don't even understand what kind of random bullshit she was talking about. Something about Rosita being alone and brave and Daryl making her feel safe and how she really wanted an orange soda.

• Love 15

I actually thought that speech was cringeworthy; both the dialogue and the actress' delivery. It was badly done. Quite frankly, the arrow was a relief. However, I felt for Denise, mostly Tara. This is the second girlfriend she has lost to a fatal head wound.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

No actually Daryl taking the long way round is what got her killed but it's also what got Eugene saved.

Did you mean the trip to the apothecary?  Because on the way back, when all the shit went down (& Denise was killed), they took the quickest way - following the train tracks.

• Love 6

I guess I don't have a heart because I actually laughed out loud when Denise got shot with the arrow. I was just happy that she quit talking. I can't take these long winded speeches anymore. I don't even understand what kind of random bullshit she was talking about. Something about Rosita being alone and brave and Daryl making her feel safe and how she really wanted an orange soda.

Right, cause she really could have taken Rick, Michonne, Aaron, Abe, or Sasha because they're brave as well. Taking Rosita cause she's alone is a really lame reason. Denise wasn't a major character, I mean yes she was the doctor for the group but looks like they have to find a new one.

I actually thought that speech was cringeworthy; both the dialogue and the actress' delivery. It was badly done. Quite frankly, the arrow was a relief. However, I felt for Denise, mostly Tara. This is the second girlfriend she has lost to a fatal head wound.

I was so lost, personally.  I was thinking, 'is she trying to set these two up?'.  Going on about how Daryl is brave and strong, and Rosita is alone - and the addition of being too afraid to say 'I love you' to Tara... I'm like, is this the time or place to break out "The Dating Game" improv??

• Love 11

Ahhh, man! I am more than a little bummed by this episode. :(

I quite like Abraham's Army, so I was glad to see the development they had. I was especially happy to see Eugene "man up" and stand up to Abe on behalf of himself (and, indirectly, Rosita). Then, his "levelling up" and reunited bromance was a thing of beauty.

But I am bummed about losing Denise and super upset about Carol going walk about. I was raging against the TV when the show ended, and my husband calmly pointed out that "Carol has PTSD, what did you think was going to happen. These people suffer, recover, suffer, react, suffer, disengage, recover, and suffer until something gives or they get real help". Well, the real help was killed on the railroad tracks, and disengaging seems to be the coping mechanism Carol has chosen.

She did try to leave the group before. She had the car packed and was ready to go until Daryl followed her and stopped her attempt to run. She wouldn't tell the others, knowing that they would never allow her to leave. But she's kidding herself if she thinks (at least) Daryl wouldn't try to track her. But again...PTSD.

Worried about the fall out in the next episode...

Edited by shanndee
  • Love 11
Good job getting your last remaining doctor killed. The Stupid Disease really gets around it infects almost all tv shows.

Right? I was wondering how they could let their ONLY doctor leave on a supply run. Not only that, she has NO experience in the scary zombie-infested outside world. That's just dumb. It would have made more sense if Dr. Denise ran away and they had to go fetch her back. Rosita and Daryl should know that she's too valuable to allow outside. Does living in Alexandria make you stupid? I think that's the real reason Carol left. She came in all BAMF going undercover and then taking out those Wolves like no one's business and then after a few months in Alexandria, she's all I can't kill anymore, boo hoo.

I thought the groups were a little too casual while they were out too. Sure, they may be confidant around the zombies, but they know that there are dangerous humans around. Every time Denise wandered off to do something stupid like investigate the zombie behind the door or let the zombie out of the car, I kept thinking that Rosita and Daryl needed to put her on a leash. And then when she was shot through the eye with a crossbow, I thought, hey, you know what? Dr. Denise saved Carl from a bullet through the eye. Too bad she couldn't save herself from a crossbow through the eye 'cause... it's difficult to cure stupid. Seriously, she shouldn't have been out there in the first place!

• Love 11

I said this in the live chat thread, but I laughed at Denise getting killed mid-inspirational speech just like Samuel L. Jackson in Deep Blue Sea.

It sounds like Carol pulled a Berger on not just Tobin, but kind of the whole town? "I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me."

At least it wasn't a post-it!

And just as Eugene is growing a pair, he takes a bite out of someone else's beans.

He absorbed the power of Dwight's balls for his own. 

There should be a few around. I can imagine people dying after leaving their babies locked in a room for safety. Then they don't come back and the babies die of dehydration or starvation. They should have found at least one of these scenarios by now. Show is chickening out I guess. This ain't HBO.

I've said it before, but I'm eternally grateful that the show hasn't gone there. Bunny girl, Sophia, and Pajama boy were bad enough. The logical part of my head knows that one would probably encounter undead infants in a ZA, but I just don't need to see it on my TV. Please keep it implied.

I get why Denise wanted to go on the run, but you would think she would understand the value of her skillset and the need for her to be as far away from harm as possible. Or that Daryl would remember what happened the last time the group sent their only medic into a dangerous situation. Or the time before that (RIP Bob and Hershel's Leg). Eugene needs to utilize his RPG experience and educate everyone in the art of guarding your Healer.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 8

It was obvious from the "previously" that someone was dying.  I thought it would be Rosita.

They really need to stop telegraphing a death.  Once the soliloquy started ......

There were many comments in the live thread that Denise's death would be covered by the doctor at Hilltop.  I don't think a doctor who lives a day's drive away is a comforting thought.  I'm guessing Rick gives an ultimatum.

Now that they've retired the one black man only rule, we now have a one lesbian only.  Poor Tara.

I teared up at Sasha's reaction to Abraham.  I've missed the actor, and at least she'll get more of a storyline.

Would it kill the show to spell out the living arrangements of the people who aren't actually sleeping together?  The Grimes house has been explored at length.  Obviously the three stooges were sharing another house.  When they first arrived at Alexandria, I thought Deanna gave them two to three houses.  Carol apparently lives on the swing.  Daryl lives on someone's porch.  Maybe Maggie and Glenn took over Deanna's house, although Spencer would still be there.  Where is everyone?  Guess Jessie's house is newly available.

I'm hoping Carol comes back and is alive and well.  She's my favorite.  I'm already preparing myself for all the Carol dislikers to blame her for the deaths that I'm assuming will come.  She did tell them to leave her alone.  Looks like Morgan may be involved, by the look he was giving that empty swing.  I loved that look at the end. 

What were the two zombie-acting people hauling behind Morgan?

• Love 4

I have to say more about Abraham. I think that he is such a wonderful character who is completely underrated and under appreciated by so many TWD fans. I totally understand why both Rosita and Sasha love Abraham. I don't take the stance that either of them are too good for him. I think that he is worthy of being loved and deserves happiness. After all she has been through, Sasha deserves to be happy deserves to be happy and she will be with him. That Rosita can still care about him and save him despite their break up and that he and Eugene can continue to have this bond despite Eugene's lie and Abraham attacking him just reinforces my adoration of Abraham. I knew (and commented on the live thread) that Abraham would never really abandon Eugene. I knew that he would be nearby keeping an "eye" (because yes, I am 12) on him, protecting him. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 13

I'm a spoiler whore.  Usually that helps me be less anxious about traumatic episodes like way back when with Sophia in the barn.  But tonight, knowing that Denise was going to die in advance probably made me more tense.  Every time she wandered off, I was on the edge of my seat.  And then I was shocked by the arrow.  Nifty.

• Love 6

I have to say more about Abraham. I think that he is such a wonderful character who is completely underrated and appreciated by so many TWD fans. I totally understand why both Rosita and Sasha love Abraham. I don't take the stance that either of them are too good for him. I think that he worthy of being loved and deserves happiness. After all she has been through, Sasha deserves to be happy deserves to be happy and she will be with him. That Rosita can still care about him and save him despite their break up and that he and Eugene can continue to have this bond despite Eugene's lie and Abraham attacking just reinforces my adoration of Abraham. I knew (and commented on the live thread) that Abraham would never really abandon Eugene. I knew that he would be nearby keeping an "eye" (because yes, I am 12) on him, protecting him. 

Abraham and Eugene's interactions tonight reminded me of me and my younger brother. There have been times where I have been pissed off beyond the telling of it with him, but I will always watch out for him. Always. Even when I can't stand the sight of him.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 5

I have to say more about Abraham. I think that he is such a wonderful character who is completely underrated and appreciated by so many TWD fans. I totally understand why both Rosita and Sasha love Abraham. I don't take the stance that either of them are too good for him. I think that he worthy of being loved and deserves happiness. After all she has been through, Sasha deserves to be happy deserves to be happy and she will be with him. That Rosita can still care about him and save him despite their break up and that he and Eugene can continue to have this bond despite Eugene's lie and Abraham attacking just reinforces my adoration of Abraham. I knew (and commented on the live thread) that Abraham would never really abandon Eugene. I knew that he would be nearby keeping an "eye" (because yes, I am 12) on him, protecting him. 

Good ol' Abe has grown on me.  He is not necessarily a likable guy in the traditional sense, but he is endearing at times.  The way he treated Rosita when breaking up with her was inexcusable (even if I can understand his need to want to be with someone else more than he wanted to be with Rosita), but in general he is a decent guy.  If he saw that Rosita was about to be killed, he would do whatever he could to save her.  Plus, he is hilarious and says the most random, oddball things -- and in that grim world, humor would really be welcome every now and then.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 6

So, the pre-credits scene where Rick & Morgan are talking about the jail, and we blur to another scene, I started thinking... ooh... flashback, we might find out some stuff.  But then I was disappointed with the deja vu scene that they ran repeating the opening scene.

I guess they wanted to emphasize the tedium of guarding ASZ day after day, doing their little jobs over and over, waiting for an enemy that hasn't arrived yet.

Carol & Tobin.  I still find it rather random and a bit too "Days of our Lives". Plus, Carol, sorry but I ain't kissing an ashtray!  Besides, cigarettes that are a few years old have to taste beyond nasty!

I knew as soon as Dr. Denise decided to go out on a run, it was a bad omen.  I get that her character was trying to overcome her fears and contribute more to ASZ, but Lord, when you go off on your own to do dumb shit, (the drug store backroom, the cooler in the car) you not only endanger yourself, you endanger the rest of your group when they have to rescue your amateur ass.  Although, the HUSH HUSH HUSH room was gruesomely creepy. Looks like someone had toddler stew. *ick*

I had to look twice to recognize Dwight from the burned out forest episode.  I'm guessing he and his ladies may have ran away from Negan's group once, but he apparently ended up with then again.  Maybe he didn't get a hero's welcome back into the fold?  Hey, if a weakened walker can take a bite out of you through clothing, then "little Dwight" should have been no match Eugene's chompers.

Sasha, Sasha, Sasha... you DO know you're gonna have to shave that ginger meathead, right? Gah!

Carol has to know that all of CDB is gonna try to bring her back right?  I like to think she went to find whatever happened to Morales and his family.

• Love 3