Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

I just looked it up on YouTube, and wow, she was pretty darn good. She was able to stay on pitch the whole time, which is hard when singing the national anthem. Musical talent is a wonderful thing to have, hopefully her interests aren't squashed by her dream killer parents.

The next Shirley Temple, Duggar style.

• Love 1

The thing I don't get is, why is it "Nike" for the boys but not the girls? And why/how do the girls judge such a thing? How old are the girls when they start this?

Because boys are "weak willed" creatures who aren't responsible for their actions. Girls have to keep them on the right path, by dressing "properly",  and reminding them look away when others don't. <roll eyes>. 

• Love 2

The safety violations in that video would give OSHA months of litigation possibilities. Namely, having four children standing, unsecured, in the back of a moving vehicle driving along an unpaved road. What could possibly go wrong?

Ok. The song is very country bumpkin, Jesus freak chic. I thought Lawson actually had talent. But, then I remembered how low the bar is set in fundy circles. He can yodel...I don't know why you'd want to, but he can. But, the song (lyrics and melody) are amateur. The video makes no sense.

But, let's see if there's any repercussions for the on camera safety issues?

I recently called 911 to report someone driving kids around while they were standing in the back of a pickup truck. It was in a parking lot near my home. That's a child endangerment charge at the very least. It's incredibly dangerous.
  • Love 2

The things some people think are 'fun'.  A few years back I was at a local lake and some asshole driving a power boat had a boy of about ten hanging onto an inner tube while he drove the boat.  The ass was driving faster and faster until the kid started to call out to slow down.  Then asshole decided to start turning corners, causing the inner tube to go airborne and fling that poor kid around until I was shouting at the boat to stop it.  I was truly worried that that poor boy would get injured by the sudden shifting, and he wasn't wearing a life vest. 

The guy driving the boat and his friends, including the kids mother, were laughing harder and harder until they finally stopped and let the kid on the boat.  Then he sat there and cried while the adults mocked him and the other kids refused to ride the inner tube.  Of course they were all drinking.  But they were having FUN.  I was so happy when they pulled up on shore and the driver got arrested for boating under the influence and the mother was told that they were taped while they were putting the kid at risk so they could expect a call from CSD.  I wonder what happened after that...?

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 10

I hate how Boob and JChelle act like they and now their married offspring are somehow more in love than the rest of the world and set some kind of standard that the rest of the world simply can't match. Bitch please. Lots of people are in love, they just don't splash it all over for everyone to see. Nobody actually gives two shits about your family's sex lives. And the only reason it's out there at all is because you talk about it non stop. How the heck is selling your virginity story to the highest bidder modest? Ugh.

I applaud the same sex couples turning the tables on them! Love it.

• Love 11

I'm surprised they didn't apply their courtship rules and only ask for married couples.

And what if I get aroused by all this kissing?

From their statement: "We challenge all married couples to take a happily married picture and post it here."  Same sex married couples did!  Gotta' love it.

• Love 6

From their statement: "We challenge all married couples to take a happily married picture and post it here."  Same sex married couples did!  Gotta' love it.

They walked right in to that one.  If they'd said nothing at all, people would have snarked on Jessa and Ben, but no one would have been talking about it this week.

• Love 8

The video of Michelle and the kids cracks me up!  Yeah....they're are angels! (not). Just checked out the kissing photos.  If you read all of Michelles' post, she says that God made marriage for husband and wife - so I guess she was assuming that ruled out same sex couples.  At our Veterans parade today everyone clapped for every group that went by until a group supporting young LBGT went by.  All you heard was crickets, so I clapped and cheered for them.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 16

Jinger, whom I am almost positive runs the Instagram, most likely also runs the Facebook. Whoever it is, they're deleting and blocking all that LGBTQ nonsense pretty quickly. A facebook acquaintance actually got blocked for merely LIKING a "gay kiss" post.

Freedom of speech does not also mean freedom from criticism, or ridicule, or being called out due to blatant hypocrisy. A lesson that the thin-skinned Duggars refuse to learn as they ridiculously "stand alone" with all their homophobe friends.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13

The thing I don't get is, why is it "Nike" for the boys but not the girls? And why/how do the girls judge such a thing? How old are the girls when they start this?

Because if a man lusts it's the woman's fault. And women can't get aroused like men can. What about self control Duggars

The video of Michelle and the kids cracks me up! Yeah....they're are angels! (not). Just checked out the kissing photos. If you read all of Michelles' post, she says that God made marriage for husband and wife - so I guess she was assuming that ruled out same sex couples. At our Veterans parade today everyone clapped for every group that went by until a group supporting young LBGT went by. All you heard was crickets, so I clapped and cheered for them.

What a bunch of good people... NOT. At least you accept people who are different than u

Jinger, whom I am almost positive runs the Instagram, most likely also runs the Facebook. Whoever it is, they're deleting and blocking all that LGBTQ nonsense pretty quickly. A facebook acquaintance actually got blocked for merely LIKING a "gay kiss" post.

Freedom of speech does not also mean freedom from criticism, or ridicule, or being called out due to blatant hypocrisy. A lesson that the thin-skinned Duggars refuse to learn as they ridiculously "stand alone" with all their homophobe friends.

If they're actually letting Jinger look at all that sin. On the upside, if she is deleting them maybe she'll notice as she's sorting through all the pics that she's looking at human beings in love, regardless of their sex. A light may go on...

• Love 1

If they're actually letting Jinger look at all that sin. On the upside, if she is deleting them maybe she'll notice as she's sorting through all the pics that she's looking at human beings in love, regardless of their sex. A light may go on...

She better get those photos down before TFDW sees them. A light may really go on . . .

• Love 7

She better get those photos down before TFDW sees them. A light may really go on . . .

I did notice one particular comment from a guy who'd grown up fundamentalist and married a woman because he's thought that would "cure" him. It didn't and it caused this woman a lot of pain. He's now an advocate for gay marriage and hopes to help people avoid the damage denial can cause. Maybe TFDW should see it.... let his light shine! ;-)

• Love 4

If Jinger is monitoring the site, why does she get to stay out of the so called prayer closet? Isn't she defrauded by their own rules?

$$$$$.   I am quite sure the only reason these folks are on social media is for financial reasons.   And when that comes out, religious reasons go right out the window.   Slumboobmillionaire is all about whoring out his family to make money no less than Kris, the Kardashian Pimpmomager.

• Love 4

I wonder if there's a honey boo boo/pedo like story hiding in the Duggars closet/bushes

There were rumors circulating about Josh for years when he was a teenager.  However, nothing ever seemed to come of them so most assume they were false. 

I always read Jinger's name as rhyming with "zinger." 

It appears there's a bit of a rumor floating around the internet that John David is possibly in a courtship with a girl he has been pictured with at a book signing and other events.

But, but, but... Didn't Jackson suggest JD should head Jill's buddy team 'cause "he ain't got no lady."

There was a rumour several months ago when Anna Hackel seemed to be showing up in pics.

Edited by mimionthebeach

That Hackel girl was years ago - she suddenly stopped showing up.

Somehow a person like JD screams "confirmed bachelor" without being gay or asexual or anything, he strikes me as someone who just isn't that interested. Personally I find him smug and dense, not a terribly attractive mix really

• Love 1

The families are still pretty close, I assume, if Anna was one of Jessa's bridesmaids.  None of the Duggars seem to have individual friends, so to speak, so I assume she's still friends with the entire family. 

That Hackel girl was years ago - she suddenly stopped showing up.

Somehow a person like JD screams "confirmed bachelor" without being gay or asexual or anything, he strikes me as someone who just isn't that interested. Personally I find him smug and dense, not a terribly attractive mix really

Whenever he gets asked about courting on the show he seems so annoyed. I can't see him ever marrying. Hey, maybe they'll do a crossover episode with 90 day fiancé? 

• Love 1

If JD does marry, I think it will be because he's forced into it. He seems like the type who'd be totally okay being single and childless. TBH, I also find it hard to believe that he would be a good partner so maybe that's for the best.

How did that show end up?  I gave up on it fairly soon.

That is almost what's happening to the Duggar kids, though.  Although they're not seeing their spouse for the first time at the alter, they are pretty much being set up by people who think they know better and the kids are carefully steered to the desired result: marriage.

Just add some ultra controlling parents and brainwashed religious issues, and the Duggars can proudly claim that they did the 'Married at First Sight' thing first, and of course they did it better.  After all, they got 3 1/3 grandchildren to show for how well it all works out.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1

This article is sort of all over the place.  The Duggar kids, including Jessa and Ben, stuffed into a telephone booth.  (Those zany Duggars!)  Talk about Jana and (no) courtship.  http://www.enstarz.com/articles/51044/20141116/19-kids-and-counting-news-2014-jana-duggar-jessa-ben-seewald-pose-for-telephone-booth-pic-with-their-siblings-photo-video.htm 

It's more than a little frightening how excited I get when I see an online article about the Duggars.  Yes, I'm duly ashamed.  

I was checking my email on my server with Comcast and I saw at the top where they try to lure you in with breaking and trending topics one that said Boob and Michelle Duggar recreate daughter's wedding kiss.  Click here for video.  I didn't.  But what the fuckitty fuk?  Your daughter gets married and you "recreate" her kiss?  For the social media?  That is some warped view of yourselves and the relationship you have with your children. 

• Love 7

Sooner or later, everyone goes off the air. I think the Duggars have gotten a little "too full of themselves" and have stepped over some line somewhere. It is bound to happen. They began taking chances by not remaining more "middle of the road" in their outward comments. They became too "honest" about their narrow belief system and true tolerance level, IMO.

• Love 8

Sooner or later, everyone goes off the air. I think the Duggars have gotten a little "too full of themselves" and have stepped over some line somewhere. It is bound to happen. They began taking chances by not remaining more "middle of the road" in their outward comments. They became too "honest" about their narrow belief system and true tolerance level, IMO.

I agree with this but ratings are a different story. Hopefully someone knows.

From what I've seen the ratings this season are a mixed bag.  The wedding episode was extremely high for TLC and yet other episodes have been only in the barely keeping the series on TLC range.  As long as they bring in between 1.5 M and 2 M viewers consistently and avoid any worse publicity than they've already gotten, they'll likely keep staying on the air for at least a couple more seasons.  If advertisers begin demanding that their ads not run during their show or expenses get out of bounds, then they'll get pulled for that.  Bottom line, as long as they don't get too far out of bounds and make money for TLC, they'll keep showing them.

• Love 2