Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Jellybeans she's trying to split us apart.

As well she should.  You might get NIKEed (sp?) and then where would you be?  You might think unpure thoughts and spend the rest of your life in the prayer closet.  LOL.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

• Love 5

I did enjoy watching it with the closed captions on. At the end, they say something like, "happy Island guy" and in the middle (the best one) when Anna is mumbling something, the CC picks it up as "Factually challenged." I do appreciate Freudian closed captions.

As a deaf person that relies on CC's, I get very annoyed when captions do NOT reflect what was said.

When I know it happens, I always email the show producer and let them know they are not getting accurate captions.

I REALLY get pissed when foul language is used and they "clean it up" to keep my mind pure. I prefer to visit prayer closets.

jellybeans, I totally understand and agree with that and I certainly did not mean to offend.

The only reason I watched this with the CCs on was that I could not stand to only hear Josh pontificating and needed a distraction. Please know that the CCs in this video are completely--wildly--inaccurate. Start to finish. I saw very very few instances where they were correct, actually. I only wish that Anna had said "factually challenged" but that would have shown a level of self-awareness that we certainly do not see... I'll meet you in the prayer closet.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 1

Part of my evil plan. I could see Bruce, Boob, Scott Dissick, and Smugger having a conversation. As well as MeChelle and Chris Jenner sharing parenting and cooking advice.

Lol. A native sheltered virginal little girl Jana with parents as famewhores getting with Robert Kardashian who has a degree at least and does have experience with the real world. Not a virgin he gave away his purity both emotional and physical but has a family of famewhores. Seems like a good match

• Love 3

jellybeans, I totally understand and agree with that and I certainly did not mean to offend.

I did not think you were offending me! Oh gosh, no.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Bin n Jessa and others use the prayer closet for other purposes, such as being naughty. Why do you think I stay in the prayer so much.

It's a nice size too.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 1

This person wanted to do something tangible for LGBT homeless kids in Arkansas so has spearheaded contributions for Lucie's Place in Fayeteville.

"If the Duggars are going to do 10K worth of damage to LGBT people in Arkansas, let's do 10K worth of repair," Wooledge said. "I'm only asking people to contribute $5 or $20 each. It isn’t much. That’s something you can do. Lucie's Place helps LGBT homeless kids with counseling, they help them with prepaid cell phones, they give them bus passes, job training. So you can sign an online petition or you can donate $10 and literally put a bus pass in the hands of a homeless gay kid."

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2014/11/26/lgbt-activist-wants-you-to-spend-5-flipping-off-the-duggars-and-helping-lgbt-youth-in-arkansas

eta:  Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 4

Bin n Jessa and others use the prayer closet for other purposes, such as being naughty. Why do you think I stay in the prayer so much.

Oh I get it practice makes babies errrrr I mean progress. Carry on we'll be out buying some pee sticks at the Dollar Tree for y'all.

• Love 1

Remember to get the used pee sticks, remember thriftyness is next to Godliness, at the very least Duggarness

LMAO at the ewwwww aspect of it all.

Do they even buy used anymore?? 

Edited by Fuzzysox
18. We are thankful we live America, a country that even though it is not perfect, it is a beacon of hope to everyone in the world!

I'm feeling cranky - the Duggars have a way of bringing that out in me - but the first thing I thought when I read this was, "I'm pretty sure a lot of other countries hate us, so..." 

• Love 5

I'm feeling cranky - the Duggars have a way of bringing that out in me - but the first thing I thought when I read this was, "I'm pretty sure a lot of other countries hate us, so..."

They are thankful they live in America, but refuse to serve in armed forces and have contributed nothing of value to America. Unless you consider overpopulating America a contribution.

At least the paper plate & hairspray industry will never die out, courtesy of the Duggars.

• Love 9

That video- I suggest a new game where everyone takes a drink every time Josh says "all right". We'll be drunk in minutes!

And why is Anna sitting in the backseat like a child?

FRC cameraman was in the passenger seat.

"Sex is a gift from God, and they cannot wait to "open it' on their wedding day!" Do they put a bow and ribbon on it?! Okay, I am heading for the prayer closet. I hope I do not hurt myself from laughing too hard.

They make me feel kind of guilty that my husband and I "opened our gift" before our wedding day. Like a kid that peaks in the closet & checks out the gifts before Christmas.

I have visions of the bows & ribbons. Are they in the wedding colors? Save me a seat in the prayer closet.

• Love 1

1. We are thankful for the Bible that reveals why God made each one of us and His loving plan and purpose for our lives.

So, what version of the Bible do they own that reveals why God made each one of us and His loving plan and purpose for our lives? If that version exists, then they really should share it, since so many people want to know why we are here and/or the meaning of life.

• Love 3

TLC is definitely aware of the dueling petitions that are circulating:

"The Christian Post reached out to TLC regarding the dueling petitions and what, if any, impact they will have on the reality TV program.  Shannon Llanes, senior director of publicity at Discovery Communications, which owns TLC, told CP that they had no comment on the matter."

Source: http://www.christianpost.com/news/petition-calling-for-duggars-to-remain-on-tv-passes-200000-signatories-tlc-refuses-comment-on-issue-130406/

Disclaimer: I don't read the Christian Post.  I plugged "Duggar" into my search engine and this is an article that came up.   

"Sex is a gift from God, and they cannot wait to "open it' on their wedding day!"  Do they put a bow and ribbon on it?!  Okay, I am heading for the prayer closet. I hope I do not hurt myself from laughing too hard.

I wonder if they wear "special clothes" on their wedding night. I am going to guess it is something quite sexy. So... I kinda think you are right. LOL

Yes, I'm sure they put pink and blue bows on the "respective gifts". Tradition all the way, folks.  Someone should send Jim Bob a box of pink and blue bows for him to dole out to his children the night before their weddings. 16 kids left? let's see; that's 7 pink and 9 blue still available to the highest bidder.

• Love 1

Haven't they admitted this awhile ago? Didn't they call the online forums like us "bitter rooms"?

Aw man, this isn't the prayer closet?  Guess I stopped at the wrong door... or maybe it was the right one after all.

The Duggars posted a list of 19 thing they're grateful for this Thanksgiving. Every one of them has to do with religion. G-d save me!

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2014/11/19-blessings-and-counting.html

This one has me scratching my head. "We are thankful [that] as we start reading the Bible, God will start directing our lives in a supernatural way." Usually supernatural suggests a departure from physics, the laws of nature. I, myself, do believe in God's guidance (though God has a bad habit of guiding me to do differently than I want). I do not expect the law of gravity to cease for example whether I follow God's prompting or not. 

I could be snarky about everything on that list, except I should really be studying for my final or working on the papers I have due. It's just so smarmy and self-righteous. How about some real-world, tangible things to be thankful for?

We are thankful for the medical technology and knowledge that allowed our daughter to live, despite being born 25 weeks? 

We are thankful for our family, where all 19 children are alive and healthy, with no one dying from disease or war?

We are thankful that we live in a country where 21 people have adequate food and water to survive?

We are thankful that a producer found our lives enough of a spectacle that they wanted to film us, which filming has led to numerous trips around the world and other opportunities we would never have been given, on top of the money that allows us to raise 19 children without need for outside charity (even if we take it)?

We are thankful for this tv show leading to our son being given a well paying job, despite having no experience or training, or formal education (and little informal education), allowing him the possibility of a large family without need for outside aid or charity?

Any other real [read: tangible, not commenting on existence/non-existance of god] things they should be thankful for?

• Love 11

I could be snarky about everything on that list, except I should really be studying for my final or working on the papers I have due. It's just so smarmy and self-righteous. How about some real-world, tangible things to be thankful for?

We are thankful for the medical technology and knowledge that allowed our daughter to live, despite being born 25 weeks? 

We are thankful for our family, where all 19 children are alive and healthy, with no one dying from disease or war?

We are thankful that we live in a country where 21 people have adequate food and water to survive?

We are thankful that a producer found our lives enough of a spectacle that they wanted to film us, which filming has led to numerous trips around the world and other opportunities we would never have been given, on top of the money that allows us to raise 19 children without need for outside charity (even if we take it)?

We are thankful for this tv show leading to our son being given a well paying job, despite having no experience or training, or formal education (and little informal education), allowing him the possibility of a large family without need for outside aid or charity?

Any other real [read: tangible, not commenting on existence/non-existance of god] things they should be thankful for?

Awe-some...

All the constant references to Jesus and the Lord and God are nauseous.  I know priests and nuns who are nothing like this.  They have friends and go out to dinner with them, and thank the appropriate people for the appropriate things.  They would be thankful for all the exposure on TLC has meant, and they would appreciate the free trips and free goods.  They'd personally thank others for gifts, and if a party was given in their behalf, they'd walk around the premisses thanking people for attending.  They render undo God the things that are God's, and render unto others the things that belong to them.  That includes taxes of course, but also good deeds that people do.

• Love 3