Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live Past Seasons

• Start Topic

Thanks girl.  Silly me, I thought it was something that was actually a big deal.   Must've been Caroline's fambilee stage.

Lol. It really wasn't but Theresa kinda made it worse if I'm remembering correctly. She wrote both comments in one of her cookbooks. When they asked her about it. Theresa tries to explain they were just "jokes", but then followed it up with a rude ass statement that posses them off more. And that was the beginning of the end for that friendship.

You know you can't say shit about Caroline's fambly

Am I remembering correctly that Teresa referred to the Manzos as “Olive Garden Italian”?  Somewhere that is stuck in my head because I found it kind of funny, and I never think Teresa is funny or clever.  In fact, if she’s the one who said it on the show, she probably heard it from someone else first.  It’s hilarious to me that Caroline would get so bent over being described as a heavily Americanized Italian, considering she admitted on their trip to Italy that neither she nor her husband speak the language. At all.  We all have heritage from somewhere besides the United States, but if someone were to tell me I’m like the Volkswagen New Beetle of Germans, I’d have to agree, I wouldn’t feel the need to scorch the earth over it.

• Love 4

Jesus, Giada diLaurentiis is even more annoying than I previously thought. It seemed like every single statement out of her mouth was offensive, and holy crap, what was it with the SCREECHING? Insufferable.

I did enjoy her sour puss when Andy kept (deliberately, I'm sure) mis-pronouncing her name "Jyada," vs. "Gee-ahh-dah."

This!

And the ott giggle while shaking and dropping her head, as if every question is just so ridiculous. While Andy might be, she does it all the time with every show. She even did it when I saw her on the Chew. She is one of those people, the more you see her the less you like her.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

Giada is without a doubt one of the most annoying people on TV. She started to shade Dancing with the Stars...then Jerry Rice was all "Um, I was on DWTS..."

Then she threw shade all over that bowl of spaghetti from a restaurant. I'm kind of glad Andy took a bite and declared it good after Giada said "It's not AWFUL..."

Everything she said came out the wrong way and she just shook her head, showed her shark teeth and giggled her way out of it. She's the worst.

• Love 8

Giada is without a doubt one of the most annoying people on TV. She started to shade Dancing with the Stars...then Jerry Rice was all "Um, I was on DWTS..."

Then she threw shade all over that bowl of spaghetti from a restaurant. I'm kind of glad Andy took a bite and declared it good after Giada said "It's not AWFUL..."

Everything she said came out the wrong way and she just shook her head, showed her shark teeth and giggled her way out of it. She's the worst.

I caught 5 minutes of Giada and Curtis Stone on the Today show last week -- it might have been the same day that she appeared on WWHL.  They were in a big tent that had cranberries completely covering the ground and the segment they were teasing -- sponsored by Ocean Spray -- was apparently on cooking with cranberries.  Curtis described 3 or 4 dishes that were going to be featured that included cranberries.  Giada then went on to say that she was NOT going to be cooking with cranberries; she was going to be making something with apples and something about how it would be easier than trying to cook with cranberries.  I'm probably not explaining it very clearly, but all I could think was how pissed the Ocean Spray people were going to be.  She then proceeded to pick up a handful of cranberries and started throwing them at Al Roker, who was trying to talk about what was coming up next while dodging the cranberries at the same time.  She seemed completely rude and obnoxious and unlikeable (IMO).  Her behavior on WWHL just seemed like more of the same to me.  Her publicist/manager/whoever needs to have a real "come to Jesus" conversation with her about how she comes off.  If this is the real her, or she really can't help but be obnoxious, then perhaps she should stick to scripted shows.

Back to WWHL, I thought Kandi looked wonderful last night -- maybe the best she's ever looked.  Mama Joyce seems to have finally learned the lesson that if you don't have something nice to say....

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 6

I caught 5 minutes of Giada and Curtis Stone on the Today show last week -- it might have been the same day that she appeared on WWHL. They were in a big tent that had cranberries completely covering the ground and the segment they were teasing -- sponsored by Ocean Spray -- was apparently on cooking with cranberries. Curtis described 3 or 4 dishes that were going to be featured that included cranberries. Giada then went on to say that she was NOT going to be cooking with cranberries; she was going to be making something with apples and something about how it would be easier than trying to cook with cranberries. I'm probably not explaining it very clearly, but all I could think was how pissed the Ocean Spray people were going to be. She then proceeded to pick up a handful of cranberries and started throwing them at Al Roker, who was trying to talk about what was coming up next while dodging the cranberries at the same time. She seemed completely rude and obnoxious and unlikeable (IMO). Her behavior on WWHL just seemed like more of the same to me. Her publicist/manager/whoever needs to have a real "come to Jesus" conversation with her about how she comes off. If this is the real her, or she really can't help but be obnoxious, then perhaps she should stick to scripted shows.

Back to WWHL, I thought Kandi looked wonderful last night -- maybe the best she's ever looked. Mama Joyce seems to have finally learned the lesson that if you don't have something nice to say....

I'm not for sure on this but I think cranberries were the secret ingredient on Iron Chef. She was with Bobby Flay and Rachel Ray was with Mario Batali.

It really chapped Giada ass to lose to Rachel (lol) I'm pretty sure she complained about the cranberries after the show. I don't really remember but the idea of Giada standing in a cranberry tent cracked me up.

Your description of Giada throwing cranberries at Al Roker pretty much described her behavior on the last thanksgiving live special, she was a mess. This must be who she just is.

I couldn't believe Vivica Fox. I don't care if 50cent is gay/bi whatever. I think he is dumb as a box of rocks, his views on empire's dip in rating is ridiculous. However, she is the only one that will come off looking bad. She would have been better not to say a thing...... I did laugh and say out loud what the hell is she doing lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

I'm not for sure on this but I think cranberries were the secret ingredient on Iron Chef. She was with Bobby Flay and Rachel Ray was with Mario Batali.

It really chapped Giada ass to lose to Rachel (lol) I'm pretty sure she complained about the cranberries after the show. I don't really remember but the idea of Giada standing in a cranberry tent cracked me up.

Your description of Giada throwing cranberries at Al Roker pretty much described her behavior on the last thanksgiving live special, she was a mess. This must be who she just is.

I couldn't believe Vivica Fox. I don't care if 50cent is gay/bi whatever. I think he is dumb as a box of rocks, his views on empire's dip in rating is ridiculous. However, she is the only one that will come off looking bad. She would have been better not to say a thing...... I did laugh and say out loud what the hell is she doing lol.

Here's the clip....rewatching I'm left with the same impression:  very little awareness of how she comes off.  Maybe she think's she's being cute...?

http://www.today.com/video/curtis-stone-and-giada-get-cranberry-bogged-down-in-the-today-plaza-557982787982

ETA:  It cuts off at the end, but if my memory is correct, she kept throwing cranberries at Al Roker for about another minute after this video clip ends (while he was talking about what was coming up after the commercial).

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 1

Oh my god, Vivica fucking Fox, dropping, naw tossing tea all over the WWHL set tonight about 50 Cent.  Lawd a mercy!

This was so not a good look for a grown ass woman.   Just silly, immature, unnecessary and completely unprofessional.  Don't bring your messy as hell no longer sex life into your actual hustle.  Shit.  And oh Dear God did she just call him a "bootysnatcher" in Andy Cohen's presence? 

Is it safe to assume Vivica and 50 cent had a very nasty breakup? 

That's the thing though girl it's not like it was any worse than the divorce she went through just a couple years before him.  Problem is he was supposed to be her rebound dude, she fucked around and fell in love and was caught unawares when the end came.  The nasty part is she can't move past it.  She looks straight crazy for wavering between describing him as the love of her life and a man shamelessly trying to benefit from her fame, meanwhile in every interview where he is asked about her, he struggles to give any fucks at all.    I can't even believe she went here just to generate chatter, it's cheap and beneath her.  I thought.    Then again Burt Reynolds just announced that Sally Field was the love of his life after all, so hell maybe ancient I'm not over yous are in the water.  At least Taylor Swift has the excuse of being 23.  That was uncomfortable and undignified.  Shame on you Viv.

• Love 9

This was so not a good look for a grown ass woman.   Just silly, immature, unnecessary and completely unprofessional.  Don't bring your messy as hell no longer sex life into your actual hustle.  Shit.  And oh Dear God did she just call him a "bootysnatcher" in Andy Cohen's presence? 

That's the thing though girl it's not like it was any worse than the divorce she went through just a couple years before him.  Problem is he was supposed to be her rebound dude, she fucked around and fell in love and was caught unawares when the end came.  The nasty part is she can't move past it.  She looks straight crazy for wavering between describing him as the love of her life and a man shamelessly trying to benefit from her fame, meanwhile in every interview where he is asked about her, he struggles to give any fucks at all.    I can't even believe she went here just to generate chatter, it's cheap and beneath her.  I thought.    Then again Burt Reynolds just announced that Sally Field was the love of his life after all, so hell maybe ancient I'm not over yous are in the water.  At least Taylor Swift has the excuse of being 23.  That was uncomfortable and undignified.  Shame on you Viv.

Exactly.  I sat there with my mouth open in shock for about 10 minutes when she said all this.  She's crazy and way too old to be getting into shit like this (I mean 12 year olds use the term bootysnatcher, not adults!).  But damn if it didn't make me chuckle. 

• Love 4

Yea, ole' Viv has never had any luck in the romance dept. Remember the one before 50? He was super young and she was going on all the talk shows saying he was the love of her life, blah, blah.  Then after they broke up, she said she would never do a young one again. Messy as hell Viv. 

Yea, ole' Viv has never had any luck in the romance dept. Remember the one before 50? He was super young and she was going on all the talk shows saying he was the love of her life, blah, blah.  Then after they broke up, she said she would never do a young one again. Messy as hell Viv. 

She likes them yough, eh.  She was lusting after Empire's Yaz real hard during the episode as well...

I have such a mad crush on James McAvoy that after seeing him on WWHL, I'm not sure I can ever watch again because no matter who the guests are, it will only be disappointing from this point forward.  It's so rare for me to see him doing interviews and be able to hear his natural accent.  Good lord.  Is it hot in here?

• Love 2

I was thinking of getting Drew Barrymore's book on audible. I listened to Leah Remini's and enjoyed it. A friend told me she read it in book form because she can't stand Leah's voice. I just rolled my eyes and laughed (Leah's voice doesn't bother me) . Now, I know Drew Barrymore narriates her book and no! I can't listed to her speak for 7 hours. I'm sure Drew is a sweet woman and her life sounds interesting but her voice drives me insane lol.

I haven't watched WWHL yet, but seeing her name reminded me of what I almost did to my ears. :)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

I think Dennis Quaid had a slight buzz on too. He is never good on talk shows  - always wooden, a little pompous, and even defensive. I always want to like him because he does have a long career and a pretty good body of work and that wide grin can be charming, yet he comes across as a douche on these shows as himself.

But on WWHL, I think he loosened up a bit with the help of a little drinkie. I also will give Andy a little credit for helping him loosen up.

Funny, Dennis was given the Plead the Fifth game. The last question was, " what Meg Ryan movie is your least favorite". He said none. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

Satan Andy looked like he wanted to have sex with the Zac Efron poster.  Ick & ew.  Not a Seth Rogan fan here.  To me, he goes between mildly funny to not funny at all.  That's pretty much how he was here.  Anthony is a nice guy.  The VR thing wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't awesome either.  Guess I'll leave to the Seth Rogan super fans to go nuts over.  That ain't me.

• Love 2

I want to like Seth Rogan. He's a pot smoking athiest and good friends with other celebrities that I like, but that laugh just grates on me.

Seth never used to bother me, but lately he calls into Howard Stern's show a lot.  Somehow, without the visual, his voice is 1000 times worse, and he's constantly giggling and it's like a nervous, insecure laughter.  Now I can't watch him at all, his voice is too much.

• Love 2

Gloria Steinam looks awful. So colorless. Mariska's forehead is so botoxed!

Gloria Steinem is 81.  If you look as awesome as she does at 81, I'd say you're doing pretty darn good.  And Mariska is 51.  Ditto for her too.  Sorry, but I don't agree with shaming either of these women (who I absolutely adore) for their looks, when they both look pretty fantastic for their ages (or ANY age).  

And btw, I luved , luved, luved Gloria Steinem saying the Housewives shows are "embarrassing" to/for women.  Hey, you asked her about it, Satan Andy.  You dug yourself into that hole, a-hole.  Probably not too smart there.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 14

Gloria Steinem is 81.  If you look as awesome as she does at 81, I'd say you're doing pretty darn good.  And Mariska is 51.  Ditto for her too.  Sorry, but I don't agree with shaming either of these women (who I absolutely adore) for their looks, when they both look pretty fantastic for their ages (or ANY age). 

And btw, I luved , luved, luved Gloria Steinem saying the Housewives shows are "embarrassing" to/for women.  Hey, you asked her about it, Satan Andy.  You dug yourself into that hole, a-hole.  Probably not too smart there.

This episode exceeded my every expectation! I expected Gloria and Mariska to have a good, respectful chemistry and to complement each other, and they did. It was nice to hear pretty much every comment and caller have something of interest to say to both of them.

I was living for (as Satan Andy would say) everything Gloria had to say after he insisted on taking the opportunity to ask why she didn't think much of the HWs, and then letting her know he planned to try to change her mind on the after show. Watching him ask each of his carefully-honed questions was like watching a row of bowling pins getting knocked down artfully, one by one. He tried every angle of how she might be basing her opinions on something other than the actual content and she just kept responding with the truth. Andy should be embarrassed to know that his shitshow franchise is actually hurting people and that there are intelligent people taking note. Instead, he tried to imply that Gloria might think twice because Camille P loves his dung, and Gloria had to point out that Camille has written plenty of derisive stuff about her in the past. I believe Andy thinks he just created the highest possible version of a Housewife simulation between the two in some way, and absolutely missed the point, which wasn't at all surprising, but proves that sitting Andy next to people trying for decency for an hour only makes him stink more of shit. He completely missed that, instead of just trying to prove her wrong somehow, he could have actually learned something in return.

I will give him minor credit though for having what appeared to be a modicum of soul behind his eyes tonight, and I'm very glad he didn't try to present Hanky Panky thongs to the two of them.

eta: Mariska's looks have changed a lot over the past years, but I thought it had to do with medical issues that she's never gone into detail about. I do remember reading about SVU filming being shut down due to long bouts with pneumonia and a collapsed lung a few years after that, so I've assumed she's dealing with some issues beyond the usual actress stuff.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 6

I think some mistakenly assume Gloria Steinem has no sense of humor.  I don't think that's true at all -- otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to appear on the show.  But she is a woman who strongly holds onto her dignity.  So is Mariska.  OMG, what a refreshing change to see women like this in Satan Andy's world, eh?  Ole misogynist Satan Andy is not used to women like them.  

Notice they didn't participate in the lowball gulping-down-shots-on-a-stick nonsense -- and Satan Andy had to drag out 2 random chicks to do this sleazy idiocy with him?  I also noticed at one point Gloria Steinem looked at him puzzled & asked him what he meant about something.  Overall, I thought she was a good sport, but he was way out of his element with her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13
I think some mistakenly assume Gloria Steinem has no sense of humor.  I don't think that's true at all -- otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to appear on the show.

ITA. I think both she and Mariska were down for a good time, but neither was interested in doing it at anyone else's expense. Considering that lavishing praise on the foolish and adoring the least among us is Andy's lifeblood - and that Kelly Ripa is his version of the pinnacle of female empowerment - it all went far better than I expected.

• Love 1

I follow the Reality Blurred Blog, and he put up his winter schedule of new shows and premiere dates, and he listed this one:

Then and Now with Andy Cohen [bravo, Dec. 13 at 10, then Dec. 16 and 23 at 9]

It just showed up on my cable guide with guests listed as Kelly Ripa, Connie Chung, Margaret Cho, Mariel Hemingway, and Bethenny Frankel.

I found this on Bravo's site

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/andy-cohen-then-and-now-new-series

Damn, Gloria Steinem shut Andy's ass down when she said there was nothing empowering about the Housewives' shows.  Did anyone watch the so-called "debate" that was supposed to happen during the after show between the two of them?  

I hate Andy, but I thought Gloria Steinem was extremely hypocritical about the Housewife shows.  The women on these shows may by and large be vacuous idiots, but they are doing the show on their own free will.  No man is pushing them into it.  Just because it's not Gloria's taste doesn't mean it's bad for women.  And if they are so horrific, don't go on their kingpin's show to shill your book.  Her then giving Miley a pass didn't make sense either.  I just didn't really care for her demeanor.

I have the utmost esteem for Gloria Steinem so I was surprised to see her on Andy's show considering her distaste for the Housewives which of course is Andy's primary claim to fame. But let's face it. She is willingly on his stupid talk show because she’s shilling her current book. So it's good to know we all have varying degrees of integrity.

I did appreciate Steinem's assertion in the aftershow that the Housewives shows are all manufactured. And I do have to hand it to Andy for putting himself in the position of being called out so completely. His feeble attempt to praise the harpy HoWives as entrepreneurs not dependent on their husbands was adorably valiant but laughable.

• Love 2

I hate Andy, but I thought Gloria Steinem was extremely hypocritical about the Housewife shows.  The women on these shows may by and large be vacuous idiots, but they are doing the show on their own free will.  No man is pushing them into it.  Just because it's not Gloria's taste doesn't mean it's bad for women.  And if they are so horrific, don't go on their kingpin's show to shill your book.  Her then giving Miley a pass didn't make sense either.  I just didn't really care for her demeanor.

I don't agree that Gloria Steinem was hypocritical.  Satan Andy was the one who brought up the Housewives.  Gloria Steinem did NOT.  Clearly, he knew how she felt & he wanted to get some kind of endorsement of the Housewives outta her.  That was definitely NOT gonna happen.  I don't think she EVER would have gone to this topic if Satan Andy hadn't egged her on.  He's a big enough asshole to think he could possibly pressure her into giving the Housewives her endorsement.  Um, no.  This is Gloria Steinem, Satan Andy.  You are no match for Gloria Steinem, Satan Andy, you fucking nitwit/dip-shit.

I do agree that seeing Gloria Steinem on this idiotic shit-show was a shock & seemed like a disconnect.  But keep in mind, Andy Cohen is nothing if not a total fame-ho & suck-up to celebs.  I could so see him cornering Gloria Steinem at some function & begging her to come on the show, with promises that he'd treat her respectfully & she could push whatever.  Well, other than this Housewives stuff, she seemed to get thru the show OK.

This kinda reminds me of when he had Seinfeld on & he asked Jerry how he felt about the Housewives.  Now, Satan Andy had to know just how much Jerry hates the Housewives cuz he's supposedly very friendly with Jerry's wife (Satan Andy being the big ole fame-ho he is).  Maybe he figured Jerry would throw him a bone & say he liked the Housewives.  Ha!  No such luck for Satan Andy!  Jerry said watching the Housewives is like "sticking your head in a toilet".  Great endorsement from Jerry, right?  Satan Andy looked super annoyed & changed the subject quick.  Jerry couldn't care less.

I don't especially understand why Satan Andy was trying to get an endorsement for the Housewives from Gloria Steinem or Jerry Seinfeld.  I watch some of the Housewives & will continue, whether they like it or not.  Honestly, who cares?  Well, clearly Satan Andy does -- and he would like to get some approval from highbrow types.  For the slimy Housewives shows?  Er, huh?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

I adore Gloria but I also don't adulate her.  She can correctly skewer the Housewives show and still be a hypocrite in terms of her own fame agenda.  I do think that alongside her convictions is pleasure at the perks of being famous.  Lots of smart people love it when others tell them how smart they are.  I know I do ;)

What bothers me is that she has to know how the system works at this point. Having her on the show props up Cohen.  Who is a blithering idiot wh can't even get his own so-called pop culture worship right most of the time.  But there is a sort of have it both ways with her simply being on the show.  She is above what is clearly the foundation of Cohen having a talk show in the first place.  But still can do the promo appearance in the first place.

Other than Seinfeld there was someone else who Cohen tried to engage on the Housewives and that guest simply shut him down saying s/he did not watch.  Nor was interested.  when he tried to push for a housewife game the guest simply said no.  I cannot remember who it was.  Cohen as furious and the other guest did the game with him instead.  I wish I could remember because the more I think about it the more I'd like to see if it is online to watch and enjoy again.

• Love 2

ITA with everything you say and yet I still think she held her dignity (as did Mariska) -- not an easy thing to do on this show.  I mean seriously, did fuckface Andy Cohen really think Gloria Steinem was gonna join him in downing shots-on-a-stick?  Man, I so wanna cram his head in a toilet for even thinking that, which I'll just bet he did.  Even Mariska knew better than to participate in that juvenile crap.  I say good for them.  He wanted to make fools of them (and drag them into the Housewives' gutter) under the guise of being good sports.  Glad they both refused to go for it.  Ugh, what a misogynist dick.

And yeah, if you agree to be on this show, you are pretty much stepping into the gutter -- and you should realize that going in.  It reminds me of Carole Radziwell's POV that she thought she could stay above the fray.  That didn't last long.  I see there's something about her MiL's upcoming book on the Bravo site.  So will Lee pop up on this show & try to stay classy?  Oy, good luck with that strategy, Lee.

• Love 1

Luv Joan Collins & she looked great, but Rinna was annoying as fuck -- as usual.  Satan Andy looked like an idiot & a fool in the Krystal wig.  Er, has it been mentioned he woulda made a horrible actor?  Still, it was awesome to see Joan reciting Alexis lines.  And why relegate Hal Rubinstein to the bartender spot, usually reserved for Satan Andy's rentboys?  Hal Rubinstein is fascinating.  

Listen to the convo that Hal & Joan were having while Satan Andy was talking over them & looking at them very annoyed.  I so wish someone had kicked off useless Satan Andy & even more useless Rinna & just had Joan & Hal on the show talking.  Now, that woulda made for a fun show.  Cuz other than Joan looking great & some fun comments from her, this show was meh -- and yet it could have (& should have) been great.  Er, maybe cuz Satan Andy is a really shitty host?  Possible?

Anyhoo, ole Joannie was pushing an upcoming auction of her stuff.  Anyone wanna check it out?  Here it is-

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/168/

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I missed this but did Joan talk about the passing of her sister (who I LOVE) Jackie??

Very briefly. Andy offered his condolences and one of the callers asked about her favorite memory of her sister and she related a little story about them growing up and walking on the beach and making necklaces out of seaweed strands.

• Love 1

Anyone here (mods?) know if there will be a thread for andy cohens new show "Then and Now"?

I don't know how to open a new thread so I'm claiming ignorance/stupidity for now :)

Anyway I'm watching the first episode...not impressed but maybe it will get more interesting.

And I think Andy hates them both now!

Hopefully that means they won't be invited back to WWHL ever again.  I was "watching" while multitasking, and each time the sound would go out I would be taken out of what I was focusing on because I kept thinking there was something wrong with the TV.

• Love 1