Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: The Earworm Reverberation

Wow.

Wow.

I never thought we'd see that side of Sheldon. Literally never.

Don't get me wrong, it was sweet, but it still felt a bit weird for him to go all out like that. I guess everybody had has that "screw it" moment.

On a minor note, I didn't like Amy being so desperate she would have a second date with the British guy she knew was a dud, even if first impressions aren't always right. Still, he gets points for being cool about how it all worked out.

• Love 8

All round good show.  Funny moments for all concerned but I especially liked Sheldon and his earworm and his epiphany.  And on another note, I didn't realize just how tall that British guy was!  Jim Parsons towers over the other guys in the cast and he's certainly not short. Well I guess anyone would seem tall by comparison to Leonard and Howard but it was freaky to see Sheldon as the shortest guy in a scene!

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 7

God, Bialik's face when Amy said "I love you too..." it was like the sun coming up. Make it work, you crazy kids!

I thought maybe she was going to say, "I know." That would have been epic!

• Love 15

I thought maybe she was going to say, "I know." That would have been epic!

I don't think the internet could sustain that collective geekgasam. 

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to this show. I'm shocked to see this side of Sheldon but hope it continues.

• Love 5

On a minor note, I didn't like Amy being so desperate she would have a second date with the British guy she knew was a dud, even if first impressions aren't always right. Still, he gets points for being cool about how it all worked out.

Well she probably knew he had this in him

284FA48900000578-3067935-Can_t_touch_thi

• Love 4

LIke just about everything about this episode.  Don't know why particularly, but I LOL'ed when Sheldon playing his earworm on the tuba.  :)

Of course the ending was great.  Like others, I knew it was coming but it still made me smile.  Parsons/Bialik were just fantastic.  I liked English Lerch behind the door too.  It was kinda cool to see him coaching poor Sheldon as to what to do next.  I like his character.  I kinda hope he comes back on occasion even though Sheldon/Amy are together now.

The band thing and "the fan" just seemed a bit off to me.  Other than that, I really liked this episode.

• Love 7

This was awesome. Sheldon was on fire tonight. So many things have shown his growth through the years. It might be cliche but the break up had to happen for this relationship to more forward. I think this is one break up and get back together story that hasn't annoyed me.

I like Dave too. His line about the tie clip had me laughing.

I didn't know where the Raj/Howard story was going but I never suspected that. I laughed and Ewwed with them.

• Love 5

Penny & Leonard agreed to spend several nights a week in his apartment, and several nights in hers.  They did it to make the transition a little easier on Sheldon.

Raj & Howard's reaction to their fan picking his nose was hilarious!  They probably had fun taping that scene.   Yay for Amy & Sheldon being back together!

• Love 1

I'm lost - Did Penny move in with them? Who's in HER apt?

I was thinking last night, why stay at Sheldon's when he's playing musical instruments, Go Home! The split apartment thing really is silly and I agree with Jobena, at least get a new bed.

• Love 6

On a minor note, I didn't like Amy being so desperate she would have a second date with the British guy she knew was a dud, even if first impressions aren't always right.

I'm pretty sure it was more like a third or fourth date. The one we saw in his earlier episode was not their first. I thought Amy indicated it was already a second or third at that point. So it makes a little more sense to me (but not by much). That Sheldon-centric date wasn't his first and only impression. Presumably he'd made a halfway decent impression earlier and that one ruined it so her inclination to try again was based on what went before.
  • Love 6

Wasn't Dave the person Sheldon saw kissing Amy when he went to give her the ring? If so, definitely not second date. Makes sense that the first date went well, second date not so good, so have a third date to be sure.

• Love 1

Wasn't Dave the person Sheldon saw kissing Amy when he went to give her the ring? If so, definitely not second date. Makes sense that the first date went well, second date not so good, so have a third date to be sure.

Fourth date. The girls were talking about Amy going on her third date with Dave and that it meant things were getting a bit serious. The third date was the one we saw where he started gushing over Sheldon, so this is the fourth.

• Love 3

Enjoyed the episode.  I always like Penny and Leonard's married couple with Sheldon as their kid moments, and this episode had plenty of those.  The gum thing was great.  And of course Parsons was great.  Parsons, Bialik, and Simon Helberg have been fantastic this season.  I would not have a problem with all 3 of them getting Emmy nominations.

And I especially loved that the greatest American rock band played a huge role in this episode, and that even Sheldon recognizes Brian Wilson's genius.

• Love 7

It was distractingly annoying to me the show seemed to be pretending either that Shazam does not exist or none of these people were aware of it. Bare minimum, if they wanted to do this premise in this century they needed to have him try and it not work for mysterious reasons. Or be too proud to resort to such means. Or something. Maybe they did and it was cut for time because it's not crucial to the plot, but it annoyed me every single moment we saw him trying to figure out what song the was.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 4

It was distractingly annoying to me the show seemed to be pretending either that Shazam does not exist or none of these people were aware of it. Bare minimum, if they wanted to do this premise in this century they needed to have him try and it not work for mysterious reasons. Or be too proud to resort to such means. Or something. Maybe they did and it was cut for time because it's not crucial to the plot, but it annoyed me every single moment we saw him trying to figure out what song the was.

Per Shazam, they can't identify humming. Only pre-recorded music. Which makes sense to me since I tried Shazaming a song at the very end and it couldn't get it with so few notes. 

• Love 11

The earworm plot reminded me of Married with Children back in the day. ("huh huh HIMMMMM")

There was another sitcom this season who did the "don't go around naked" and was referring to being barefoot in the home.

I'll go on record here as I liked this one, but part of the reason is bc it was not a repeat.

I was glad that Dave was so into Amy. His crime was freaking out over Sheldon. There are worse things. And it's nothing that Sheldon hasn't done, as Amy mentioned. It seems Dave almost got some virgin Amy.

Since when does Sheldon play the tuba? Randomly added for the "joke?" Hey, I once had an earwom that made me cray. It was Gangnam Style by that Psy dude. Then it was "Do the Nene" or whatever the name is.  ("Do the stanky lleeeggg, do the stanky lleeeggg") Too much information? :)

Fwiw, as to Sheldon's thermostat memo, I find 72 degrees indoors to be too warm. I love 69. (Insert snark here.) I used to live with a person who was the thermostat police. Not fun.

It's true; birds and squirrels will follow you if have bread and stuff in your pocket. :)

I just previewed my post and I see that I sound cranky. So on an upnote, I did love the, "you're my heart worm." Although I immediately thought of Friends, "You're my lobster." I need to get a life.

• Love 6

Per Shazam, they can't identify humming. Only pre-recorded music. Which makes sense to me since I tried Shazaming a song at the very end and it couldn't get it with so few notes. 

Thank you. I was so wondering how on earth an app or any techy thing could ID a song by a human humming a few notes. That would be awesome  though and whoever invents it will be rich. :)

As someone who likes Shamy I liked this episode. I am not a big fan of sitcomish comedies because of the lack of character growth and storyline progress so I like that the show picked a direction for Amy and Sheldon. Either go or no. Go is more fun.

What I actually really liked though was the exasperation from Leonard and Penny. That is always fun.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

All round good show.  Funny moments for all concerned but I especially liked Sheldon and his earworm and his epiphany.  And on another note, I didn't realize just how tall that British guy was!  Jim Parsons towers over the other guys in the cast and he's certainly not short. Well I guess anyone would seem tall by comparison to Leonard and Howard but it was freaky to see Sheldon as the shortest guy in a scene!

I said the same thing to my husband about Stephen Merchant. I did not know he was so tall! I looked him up and the internet says he is 6'7". He nearly hit his head on the door jamb when he was leaving Amy's apartment.

It was distractingly annoying to me the show seemed to be pretending either that Shazam does not exist or none of these people were aware of it.

And shazam doesn't always work even with pre-recorded music if what you're trying to get is the artist rather than the title.  Or maybe I've just been unlucky!

Thank you. I was so wondering how on earth an app or any techy thing could ID a song by a human humming a few notes. That would be awesome  though and whoever invents it will be rich. :)

Yeah, I had no luck with any of the song search engines a few months ago when I was trying to find something, and I had a lot more of the notes than Sheldon plus several words.

I did love the, "you're my heart worm." Although I immediately thought of Friends, "You're my lobster." I need to get a life.

I loved this too.  My DH and I have been using the lobster line forever, we tend to go to cheesy quotes to show affection so I'm sure heartworm will stick around.  He is definitely my heart worm...but not the kind that kills poodles.  

• Love 2

I thought it was the best episode of the season and possibly of the last few, and I am not a Shamy 'shipper. The reason is simple...it was funny. The jokes made me laugh. It is what I want from a sitcom. I don't need tons of character development or even consistency (who cares whether Sheldon ever played the tuba before), I just need the jokes to be funny and the rest not make me uncomfortable and lately the jokes have not been all that funny and the rest has been uncomfortable.

Raj and Howard-funny lines, funny acting and totally in character for both-it was almost a good substitute for skeevy Howard, who I miss.

The lines from Amy's date-funny.

Jokes from the opening-funny.

Penny's reaction to Sheldon-funny

See, doesn't take much.

Edited by AriAu
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed this episode as well.  And maybe it was just me but did it seem longer to anyone else?  Maybe it's just that I've finally adjusted to so many commercials!  Like others I knew (even with the spoilers) that it was just a matter of time before they brought Amy and Sheldon together but I wasn't sure how they were going to do it.  I admit, I liked it :).

• Love 2

Thank you. I was so wondering how on earth an app or any techy thing could ID a song by a human humming a few notes. That would be awesome  though and whoever invents it will be rich. :)

Sound Hound. Recognizes humming, da-da-da'ing, etc.. Drove me nuts that he didn't think to try sound hound. Or some totally geeky made-up-for-the-show app. Geeze, there's like a hundred apps for that. You'd think a 2st century nerd with an earworm would've tried them all in the first hour.

• Love 3

Sheldon has always been pretty selective with regard to what aspects of popular culture he knows about.  I was more surprised he even knew who the Beach Boys were than that he didn't know some app or another might be around that might help him find a song.  I can also see him not wanting to buy an app for the sake of identifying one song.  I am assuming these apps aren't free even if they're cheap.  Aside from which I don't think he wanted anyone to tell him the song, it was driving him mad because he didn't believe he was capable of forgetting anything, he needed to remember it on his own.

Edited by Homily
  • Love 4

I liked that they used a relatively obscure Beach Boys song (I didn't  know it, that makes it obscure).  If they had used something very well known Leonard and Penny would have come up with the answer and viewers across the nation would have been yelling at their tvs. 

I really liked that they didn't use the ring as the reason Amy wound up back with Sheldon. 

I think having Dave as and observer, commentator and kissing coach while Amy and Sheldon got back together worked better than if Sheldon had just shown up at Amy's door when she was home alone.  

Count me as one who did not like Raj and Howard even though I normally enjoy their interactions.   It's been raised before but seeing Howard pal around with Raj rather than help Bernadette is annoying.  The nose picking "humor" had Chuck Lorre humor written all over it. 

• Love 5

Nothing more than predictable garbage.  The concept of having Sheldon and Amy getting back together was nothing more than a shippers wet dream.  Embarrassing to say the least, but oh so predictable. 

Sheldon still hasn't had any real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship beyond Amy.  Amy hasn't had a real girlfriend/boyfriend relationship outside of Sheldon.  Nothing more than a way to waste a whole bunch of episodes on a relationship that was never in danger of ending.

I agree. I would have liked more of Amy's dating life and some non-Sheldon successes. However, a post-Sheldon Amy would have been a regular female cast member who's not in a relationship with one of the guys, so we can't have that.

:-(

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 1

I guess I'm stuck in the 20th century. I thought the seven notes he was humming would correspond to Amy's phone number when it's dialed. Of course, today cell phones don't give tones for each number and most people don't remember phone numbers any more. But I was sure it would have something to do with Amy.

I loved how different his body language was when Sheldon hugged Amy. He's really all in now. Can't wait for next week.

• Love 8

For a  minute or two I thought it would turn out to be the song that Raj and Howard's band did.  The joke being that even their friends didn't remember their song.  I'm glad they didn't go there though.

• Love 3

It was a good episode, but I still resent that after, what, four years of being fed "Sheldon is a shitty boyfriend who treats Amy like crap", now we have a few kisses and we're just supposed to root for them? They're terrible together. She deserves so, so much better.

• Love 11

Great episode except for the ending.

I knew Sheldon and Amy would get together eventually (even though I don't want them to), but this wasn't the right time. It felt very anticlimactic to me. Usually with all the heavy Sheldon/Amy stuff, something meaningful happens and that's only revisited a couple of episodes later, like with their first kiss so that whatever big step Sheldon took could sink in for a while. This time, it was too much within a too short period of time for my taste.

I wish TPTB would have played around a bit with Amy and Dave. He would have been a terrific addition to the show for a while.

Also, the way Sheldon kissed and held Amy had a physicality to it that didn't feel like Sheldon at all. 

• Love 5

I thought the seven notes he was humming would correspond to Amy's phone number when it's dialed. Of course, today cell phones don't give tones for each number and most people don't remember phone numbers any more.

You still have tones once you're connected, to navigate automated systems. It could have been something like Amy's voicemail password at work.

• Love 1

Also, the way Sheldon kissed and held Amy had a physicality to it that didn't feel like Sheldon at all. 

It did feel very unlike Sheldon, but I think it was the point. Sheldon had an epiphany of sort, realizing he loves her and wants her back at all cost. That would make him modify the way he acts with Amy.

• Love 4

I don't know why, but I didn't like it. I think it's too intimate a situation for the two adults involved and I kinda feel like a voyeur.

On a different note, I just watched Stephen Merchant, Jimmy Fallon and Joseph Gordon-Levitt "compete" in a lip sync battle on YouTube. Now THAT was funny.

I knew Sheldon and Amy would get together eventually (even though I don't want them to), but this wasn't the right time. It felt very anticlimactic to me. Usually with all the heavy Sheldon/Amy stuff, something meaningful happens and that's only revisited a couple of episodes later, like with their first kiss so that whatever big step Sheldon took could sink in for a while. This time, it was too much within a too short period of time for my taste.

I hear what you're saying but for me I'm glad they didn't let the break up drag on and on when we all knew they'd end up back together.  Besides they've already done the "couple meant to be together but break up for years" schtick with Penny and Leonard,  I didn't see them doing that again.  To quote from a different sitcom Amy and Sheldon are "meant to be".  I'm still not on board with them hopping into bed together -and I really hope they don't show much if they do and that they don't turn Sheldon into a typical Lorre Horndog- but I do see them as the power couple on the show, at least in their own minds anyway :).

• Love 5