Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: AKA It's Called Whiskey

Yeah, I know what I'm doing the rest of the weekend.

Good stuff. Jessica is the one who killed Luke's wife, our first real glimpse of David Tennett playing WAY against type.... Im enjoying this.

I don't think we will get a lot of character development with Luke until his own series....til then enjoy the eye candy.

Edited by debi49
  • Love 2

Jessica killing Luke's wife is a huge twist. But it also explains why she's been following him. I have to assume that she's going to fess up to Luke at some point and she's also going to need to prove what Kilgrave is and can do as well. Although, it seems to be the moment that broke, or at least weakened, Kilgrave's hold on Jessica.

Jessica wasn't kidding when she said that Kilgrave left a trail of broken people behind him. He's terrifying in ways that Fisk wasn't. It's the difference between Lawful Evil and Chaotic Evil.

Is anyone else noticing when there's purple in the background? When she was creeping down through the building (getting attacked by residents) I kept seeing paintings in the background that were rather vibrantly purple. Combined with the scene changing color to when she has a PTSD episode... purple is obviously a Danger Color in this series."

"It's called whiskey" indeed. I may be drinking as much as Jessica when it comes to scenes like this.

• Love 9

"Sweet Christmas" made me laugh out loud. I suppose that's as good a way of any of getting that goofy catchphrase into this show. And they're not pulling any punches with the sexuality. Dang, I think that must be the first time a movie or show has shown two superpowered humans going at it like there's no tomorrow. The bed breaking was a cheap gag, but I smiled.

Other than that, man this was a dark episode. Jessica was a stone cold bitch for most of it. Using Malcolm as a distraction at the hospital, causing him injury, faking Trish's death and injecting her with high grade narcotics, pursuing this thing with Luke but not being honest with him. The show sure isn't scared of emphasising her negative, self-destructive qualities, is it?

But she did stick up for Malcolm, and I was hoping we'd see her apologise to him (could still happen). He provides some much needed humour, with his offer of his stolen TV last episode, and complaining about being hit with "a little man" in this one. The twins upstairs get weirder too, with the beetle collection and foil over the windows.

The reveal that the woman in the bus crash was Luke's wife was surprising enough, but then the second reveal that she wasn't in the crash, but that Kilgrave had Jessica kill her was genuinely shocking. Was she a cop or something? A threat to Kilgrave? Or just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Either way, Jessica needs to be honest with Luke before he finds out (as he will). Man, she's messed up.

I like that Trish is smart and competent, and even though the cop got the best of her, she didn't seem like the typically useless victim character that we've seen so often before. She's got her shit together, in terms of home and personal defence, but she was just in a catch 22 situation and had to let him in. They introduced her background as a former TV star, here. Was she in a Veronica Mars/Buffy the Vampire Slayer type show? That's what it appears to be, which is a cute idea.

David Tennant has such a strong presence, and is selling Kilgrave's evil so well, even with just a couple of lines and a smug grin. The more we see his powers in use, the scarier they get. Literally anybody could be a threat. He could turn entire streets, entire towns and cities, into his thralls. But do his powers only work in person, or could he have used them on the phone-in show? Could he have told every listener to kill themselves, and they'd have done it?

• Love 5

"Sweet Christmas" made me laugh, too.

Regarding Kilgrave's power... I'm going to make some educated guesses based on what we've seen on the show so far. He's over-powering but there is something that allows a sense of self to remain, even if it's helpless. What's more, I'd be willing to wager that the longer he has a person in his thrall, the longer his directives last. Hope wasn't with him when she killed her parents... but she wasn't out of his control for long enough to break it.

Jessica said that it requires time and distance to curb the effect and we don't know how long she was in his thrall just yet. Hope said that at first she just followed his wishes blindly but that slowly she felt herself wake up somewhere... she just wasn't able to do anything about his control. And Kilgrave was certainly able to force the cop to jump off the building even without being around to keep pushing him no matter how many times Jessica stopped him. However, once he did go, he seemed to wake up. Yet he didn't remember anything at first.

That sort of mental subjugation is terrifying. It's that whole 'a trail of broken people' thing. I mean... shit. It's ugly.

• Love 5

Kilgrave is horrible and evil and all kinds of scary. It helps that he's basically the deconstruction of the mild control trope coupled with a sexist, misogynistic (but still smart) villain. That's something that hits all the right spots when it comes to scaring me (and probably not just me).

Didn't expect the Jessica killing Luke Cage's wife twist, but it explains a lot, and I liked it. Also, interesting decision in making their relationship very physical. Doesn't happen often.

• Love 3
Yeah, I know what I'm doing the rest of the weekend.

Heh. Same here.

While it's obvious to viewers that the cop was sent as an assassin, I didn't buy a lone patrol cop doing detective work and fetching warrants. I also wondered why Jessica didn't try to get the drugs when she was with that former doctor before he fled. I'm not into Luke yet. The actor is too one-note for me. I've always liked Rachael Taylor; she's always convincing as an American. Glad to see her in something high profile. 

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 2

Is anyone else noticing when there's purple in the background? When she was creeping down through the building (getting attacked by residents) I kept seeing paintings in the background that were rather vibrantly purple. Combined with the scene changing color to when she has a PTSD episode... purple is obviously a Danger Color in this series."

I don't know if this is common knowledge to people who are watching the series without any background on the comics, but Kilgrave uses the supervillain name Purple Man.  In the comics, he actually has purple skin, but that's a little hokey for a series that's playing it as adult as possible when you're talking about people who can "jump and then fall" or have unbreakable skin.

Wow, Trish kicks ass, and she used to use the Patsy name.  This gets better and better.

• Love 3

Wow, Trish kicks ass, and she used to use the Patsy name.  This gets better and better.

One of my favourite scenes so far was Trish revealing her badass abilities to Jessica. Jessica's petulant, "so you became a ninja?" and complaining that Trish was scaring her, while Trish laughed it off, really put a lot of warmth into their friendship. They have the chemistry of lifelong friends, and I think that's going to be one of the more fun relationships on the show.

I'm sure we'll end up seeing Trish employ that gun trick for real, at some point. Chekhov's Gun Trick, as it were.

• Love 6
Is anyone else noticing when there's purple in the background?

I was given a heads-up about the purple indicators before the show so they really stand out whenever they're used (which is why I was wary when Trish had a purple bag).

I don't buy Luke's reasoning for not believing in mind control. Yeah, his skin is tangible but that doesn't explain why it's indestructible. Can he explain the science experiment that caused his ability? Even if he could, why can't another experiment exist to cause telepathy?

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 1

I also wondered why Jessica didn't try to get the drugs when she was with that former doctor before he fled. 

I don't think the doctor had access to medicine anymore.  From what I could tell he was teaching entry level bio at a community college. Maybe he lost his license after his run in with Killgrave?

My heart just broke for Malcolm when Jessica set him up at the hospital.  That sad, betrayed look he gave her as she walked past gutted me!

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
I don't think the doctor had access to medicine anymore.  From what I could tell he was teaching entry level bio at a community college. Maybe he lost his license after his run in with Killgrave?

I understood that, but she tried to reach him after she initially failed to get the drugs.

Can someone help me understand what happened with the kids he put into the closet? All I could think of was how long has it been? Did they get food and water? Are they alive??? But nothing. Unless I missed it?

I wondered about that too when that new family started attacking Jessica. I guess Kilgrave didn't like the food at the previous home and moved on. They probably don't remember him if they're still alive.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I think Kilgrave just imposes on the hospitality of anyone he feels like. I mean, why not when you have that ability and are apparently a completely amoral, evil piece of crap?

So he went for dinner to that one family, perhaps stayed the night in their bed, then moved on to another. It makes sense, if he wants to prevent anyone from finding him. Although the home he'd taken over in this episode looked pretty swanky. But it seems like the longer he controls someone, the deeper a scar it leaves and the more likely it would be for someone to notice odd behaviour from the people he's controlling, so maybe it's easier for him to just move on and not arouse suspicions.

Of course, he may just have had them kill one another for his amusement, I don't know. 

• Love 3

Oh man, Luke saying "Sweet Christmas" was great.

Loved the references to The Avengers and also that Trish's name used to be "Patsy" and had red hair like in the comics.

Trish did pretty well for a while against the mind controlled cop.

"I really hope this is a three person family!"

• LOL 1

Of course Kilgrave has a crazy-ass serial-killer wall a.k.a. wall of crazy.

I was halfway expecting Luke to be like “that was my favorite shirt!” when Jessica ripped it off of him.

I don't understand how killing someone would jolt Jessica out of Kilgrave's control. How does that work? Does she have extra strong will power or something? None of those other people snapped out of the mind control after fulfilling Kilgrave's order to kill someone. 

Is the mind control over Jessica permanently broken so he can never actually control her again? That might explain why he ran away instead of taking control of her again. Maybe he can't do it anymore. But she's still afraid he might be able to.

Show's gonna explain this somehow, I guess.

I want to watch more, but I'm trying not to binge it all too fast after I did that last time with Daredevil and felt major withdrawal symptoms afterwards. Hee.

These Netflix Marvel shows are gonna make me start drinking ;)

• Love 2

Hmm... I noticed that the actor playing the influenced cop (Wil Traval, who I mainly remember as the Sheriff of Nottingham on Once Upon A Time), was listed in the opening credits, so I'm guessing this won't be the end of this character's time on the show.  I wonder if between him and Hope, Jessica is going to end up meeting and aligning with a whole bunch of Kilgrave's victims, before this season is finished.

Damn, so Kilgrave had actually made Jessica kill Luke's wife instead of it being the bus accident?  That is fucked up.  I wonder if there was a particular reason for it, or if Kilgrave just wan't to see Jessica  punch someone.  Either way, that explains why Jessica acts the way she does around Luke.  She clearly seems to have feelings for him that are legit, but she obviously feels like shit for sleeping with the man whose wife she killed against her own will.  I can only hope/when Luke finds out, he understands she wasn't at fault, but considering he has problems buying the entire idea of mind-control, I'm not so sure.  I'm still not sure if I fully buy his reasoning.  I get they were going for a "I can't believe what I can't see" opinion, but it's just weird that he can accept there being a big green man, a super-solider from the 40s, and a freaking Thunder God, but mind-control is too much for him to believe.

Continue to love Trish, even when she is putting herself in Kilgrave's path.  She knows it is reckless and dangerous, but she just doesn't want Jessica to do this alone.  Her bond with Jessica is that important.  Although, she really shouldn't have fallen for the cop trick, because from what I know (at least according to TV!), if someone is being questioned for assault, it's usually by two detectives and not a lone uniform cop.  That alone raised red flags for me.

Poor Malcolm.  I get Jessica needed those drugs, but that was pretty harsh.  He is getting way more interesting now.

Finally get some clear shots of David Tennant as Kilgrave.  Yep, still creepy as fuck!  He just makes my skin crawl, but there doesn't seem to be anything good about him.  Nothing.  A character like this is scary, because there is really nothing he wouldn't do to get what he wants.

• Love 5

So Killgrave scares me like I don't even want to watch this show at night scare me.

Every time we saw one of his victims after he had done his damage it was just heartbreaking.

The best thing about Marvel Netflix is their background characters.

-Jessica's neighbors are very interesting and have personality

-I like Jerry the lawyer and her story about the wife

-All of Killgrave's victims are interesting.

I'm also trying to not binge watch the show but it's sooooo good.

• Love 3

The original Golden Age Patsy Walker comics were romance comics right? I kind of like the idea where a real Captain America did fight Nazis 70 years ago, super hero comics might have never really caught on.

I liked Trish and how she came really close to holding her own against a trained cop who was bigger than her and completely unrelenting, almost terminator-like.

Noticed the voice over was back. It wasn't used much but i still thought it was unnecessary.

It is interesting to know about Luke's wife . Did he have any connection to Killgrave, or was Jessica killing his wife more of his sick fuck randomness?

• Love 2

This show continues to impress me. So, now we have an explanation why Jessica was stalking Luke for a while. And it wasn't solely for his aehm, attributes. Guilt, I'm guessing. Although I find him rather boring at the moment.

It's been a while since a wall o' crazy has scared me on TV but this in combination with the realization that Kilgrave could have used anyone in Jessica's neighborhood to take pictures of her, even while she is doing some stalking of her own is incredibly creepy.

Still, it gives her a kind of power. He obviously didn't go near her while being completely obsessed. I wonder if he is scared that he can't control her anymore. She must be the first person to ever walk away from him. And she has superpowers! If you live your life at your own whims and everyone just does what you want, it must be somewhat scary when that doesn't work.

Poor Malcolm and his hair!

Tin foil on the windows? I wonder if that is protection from Kilgrave? I'm certain those two have been subjected to mind control. Maybe they are taking the pictures. I kinda like his oversharing. I wonder if it's a unconscious overreaction to Kilgrave's mind control which possibly included an instruction not to tell Jessica about it.

Continue to love Trish and her relationship with Jessica. She was very good with that cop. How did Jessica know that she was in danger? Just luck?

Although I am Carry Anne Moss' age, I still want to grow up to be her. Jery's way to get Trish to challenge and get the story about Kilgrave out in the open was genius. I hope she will stay on the good side of things.

Robin Weigert! She was hilarious when she gave Jessica that prescription. I wonder if there is something coming out of that divorce plot line.

I loved the paintings in that penthouse. I hope that cop is getting his act together soon and realizes what happened. More victims that may be able to corroborate Hope's story. And he would be a credible one.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 4

Liking this show although I find the explicit sex gratuitous.

I hope attack-by-mind-control-zombies won't be a part of every episode.   Reminds me of too many other shows/movies where an entity can leap from body to body or control others to do its bidding. 

Good pace, nice gritty texture, credible damaged hero with sufficiently horrifying backstory.  I like Trish as the obligatory friend, she plays more naturally than Foggy on Daredevil.

• Love 2

Finally finished this one. Having young children is putting a serious damper on my desire to binge watch! 

I love Trish. She seems like the kind of friend everyone wants in their corner.  I stupidly thought they had killed her for a minute - you got me show. 

I'm more interested in how Jessica was able to break the mind control. I'm really not sure why he couldn't control her anymore  after she killed Luke's wife.  Hopefully we'll get a legitimate answer later in the series. 

• Love 2
I wonder if he is scared that he can't control her anymore. She must be the first person to ever walk away from him. And she has superpowers!

This does give them an interesting dynamic. She's afraid he could control her again, but he's afraid he can't, too afraid to even try again, it seems, he just hauled ass and got out of there when she showed up.

• Love 3

Makes me wonder if he specifically targeted her, or if she was just a random woman who crossed his path and he got lucky she had powers. She did say she had done some hero stuff in the past, but it is not like she was an Avenger like her comic counterpart.

Killgrave's level of crazy is really creepy. The whole taking over a family's home, rather then just going to a hotel to get a free room kind of goes along with a guy who takes 2 kidneys or gets a cop to jump off a balcony, when he vould have just said go home.

• Love 2

I'm more interested in how Jessica was able to break the mind control. I'm really not sure why he couldn't control her anymore  after she killed Luke's wife.  Hopefully we'll get a legitimate answer later in the series. 

My theory is that Jessica had been trying to wrest control away from Kilgrave for awhile and that finally did it... a bit too late, sure, but she was finally able to do it after trying to break free. They established the fact that the victim's psyche starts to recognize that they're under someone else's control. Not immediately but they start to realize that they're not the ones calling the shots. The constant flashbacks to Luke's wife tell me that that moment was the final straw.

I'm kinda curious how this would be rated on the big screen. They show the actors pretty actively into the act, but we haven't seen so much as a buttcrack or sideboob.

Very true... although they aren't shying away from what's going on, either. I have no beef with the sex. It's kind of a nice change given that, so far, I think the only Avenger we've seen get laid is Tony. (Clint obviously has given his kids but that was all secret.) I like that Jessica and Luke were both eyeing each other with this realization that they could totally fuck without holding back for a change.

• Love 2

I like that Jessica and Luke were both eyeing each other with this realization that they could totally fuck without holding back for a change.

To me, that's the opposite of gratuitous. It is part of their story. With anyone else, they might have to hold back, but not with each other. Which they did the first time. Which explains in part the attraction at this point. Ad of course, makes it harder for Jessica to give him up.

My theory is that Jessica had been trying to wrest control away from Kilgrave for awhile and that finally did it... a bit too late, sure, but she was finally able to do it after trying to break free.

I wonder that's what happens if he keeps people under his control for too long. It actually wanes after a while. Even with "reboots". I don't think that we are told at this point how long she was under his control. Longer than Hope, I assume.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 5

I wonder that's what happens if he keeps people under his control for too long. It actually wanes after a while. Even with "reboots". I don't think that we are told at this point how long she was under his control. Longer than Hope, I assume.

I know in the comic books it was 8 months, though I can't recall if they said that it was that long in the TV show too.  She definitely was in at least as long Hope though as Hope was found right after their 1 month "anniversary."    Jessica was in at least that long as she recognized the pattern of "anniversary" events from Hope's credit card statement.

• Love 2

I would assume longer as well. I actually thought that he repeated the 1 month anniversary every month - thous creating a pattern she would instantly recognize. Or, it was a thing he only did with Jessica, so to clue her in that he is alive and well and in possession of Hope, he repeated the pattern.

• Love 1

I like that Jessica and Luke were both eyeing each other with this realization that they could totally fuck without holding back for a change.

You could tell the difference from their first time they have sex, Luke is trying to not hurt her because he doesn't know about her yet. We also so him have prepare himself to have sex with the married woman. Jessica probably has to do the same thing, they could never give into the experience they had constantly be aware to not hurt their partner. That would kind of take the fun out of the act. So I get the attraction for both them, they can finally have sex without holding back. They can break walls and pipes and the bed. We can also tell how often they had sex in that short amount of time. That was the first time they could have sex like normal people do, without thinking about it. 

I think they said it was 6 months or it's been 6 months since she shut Trish out and stopped seeing her therapist. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

"Sweet Christmas" made me laugh out loud. I suppose that's as good a way of any of getting that goofy catchphrase into this show. And they're not pulling any punches with the sexuality. Dang, I think that must be the first time a movie or show has shown two superpowered humans going at it like there's no tomorrow. The bed breaking was a cheap gag, but I smiled.

Buffy and Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Actually pretty reminiscent of that, imo.

• Love 6
The twins upstairs get weirder too, with the beetle collection and foil over the windows.

I was knitting, so admittedly not paying attention 100%--I thought that he was referring to The Beatles, not beetles.  Probably my age showing.... 

Really loving the show so far.  Jessica owes Malcolm a drink.  Or something.

• Love 1

I  need  more information about Kilgrave's  powers too.  It's his voice? His will? It seems killing him would be easier and as far as I know, a bullet in  his head could do the trick. Otoh, there must be some limit to his powers other than the drug: time,  radius of influence, number of people  he can  control at the same  time... And I'm surprised he isn't ruling a small country by now.

Also, now they have  one  cop and  at  least  one family who can testify that Kilgrave exists. I'm  surprised Jessica  didn't ask the cop to help her and Hope, but well, maybe we'll see more of it next episode.

Loved when they talked about the Avengers, heh. And Trish is awesome. 

• Love 2

What about:

I hate feeling this way. I don't know how you handle it.

It's called whiskey.

Trish flipping Jessica over with her mad warrior training skillz and Jessica's shocked look?

Trish giving her hapless fan quite a surprise ass-kicking?

The bed breaking?

Sweet Christmas?

The super-evil big bad just hanging out watching some football?

I think it gets funnier in the fifth episode. For what it's worth. But as far as I'm concerned there's been a good mix of levity all along.

• Love 6

Nope. None of that struck me as funny. The over-arching themes of PTSD, toxic secrets (Jessica can never tell Luke she killed his wife), fear (why IS Trish learning Krav Maga?) and desperation pretty much sucks the humor out of all the examples above. At least they do for me. I'll stick it out for a few more episodes but I'm not really looking forward to finding out what happens next.

BTW the incest twins? They are gross and creepy and not at all funny.

Edited by WatchrTina

Yeah, but are they really incest twins. The longer the show went, they seamed like a a really domineering sister and a pushover brother. They argue like a married couple, but was there really any evidence of incest in the show. Maybe I just blocked it out.

• Love 5

To me at least, it's been ambiguous so far. From the noise Jessica clearly assumed they were a couple, and his being in his underwear when she was at the door sort of continued leaning it in the "weird kink" direction Jessica assumed was going on, but the twins both seem either mentally disturbed or possibly just disabled. So it's hard to say whether what we've been shown so far was intended to imply actual incest is likely going on, or whether it's just supposed to establish them as very bizarre and make you wonder.

• Love 3

I've known siblings like "the incest twins". I like the name so I will call them that. Siblings that come off like a couple because they are so close. i happen to think it works in the world these characters live . A brother and sister who dont have much besides each other.

As for darkness vs snarkiness I like them both. The movies have a pg13 rating which keeps most of the more adult topics and darkness away so snarky barbs is what is left. With a TVMA rating you can have more adult topics and violence. It all depends on person preference.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I've known siblings like "the incest twins". I like the name so I will call them that. Siblings that come off like a couple because they are so close. i happen to think it works in the world these characters live . A brother and sister who dont have much besides each other.

As for darkness vs snarkiness I like them both. The movies have a pg13 rating which keeps most of the more adult topics and darkness away so snarky barbs is what is left. With a TVMA rating you can have more adult topics and violence. It all depends on person preference.

And they're twins, who are usually much closer than your average siblings anyway. The joke is that you hear the woman screeching and yelling, and it sounds like every clichéd 'neighbours who fight' backdrop you've ever seen. Then it's not that at all, it's two weird kids with some relationship dynamic that you just didn't expect.

I found plenty of dark humour in the moments mentioned. And what's more, I find them quite educating when it comes to Jessica as well. Because under the PTSD and the sullen, closed off defensiveness, you get to see sparks of her wit and the personality she might have been before all of this. The personality that is still there, just buried deep and only coming out when her guard is down.

• Love 4

The super-evil big bad just hanging out watching some football?

For sake of detail: Kilgrave is watching rugby. He talks about spear tackle and red (card) and when looking closely can see the players don't wear (American) football gear.

Which ties in later with the video from Kilgrave's childhood, where is father mention sin bin, aka penalty box in rugby, and there is a connection with the Manchester University Rugby team, which happens to have purple (!) jerseys.

Edited by myril
  • Love 2

Oh, that's good detail. Thanks! I'm not into sports, so all I could tell was that it was some kind of team sport with dudes running around chasing a ball. Tickles me that the crazy super-villain was having this "average joe" moment just yelling uselessly at people on the TV like the rest of us. Hee.

What's next? Jessica catches him watching Netflix? That would be super-meta.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't understand how killing someone would jolt Jessica out of Kilgrave's control. How does that work? Does she have extra strong will power or something? None of those other people snapped out of the mind control after fulfilling Kilgrave's order to kill someone. 

I'm fanwanking that Jessica has such a strong aversion to killing that it allowed her to break free from Kilgrave's control.  As for the others under Kilgrave's control, here's what I have:

The cop - I'm guessing a cop has already accepted that he may have to kill in the line of duty so killing Trish may not have been as shocking for him as it was for Jessica.

The family - They hadn't succeeded in killing Jessica so we don't know how they would have responded.

Hope - She actually did break down a minute after murdering her parents.

Although, she really shouldn't have fallen for the cop trick, because from what I know (at least according to TV!), if someone is being questioned for assault, it's usually by two detectives and not a lone uniform cop.  That alone raised red flags for me.

I'm surprised she even answered the door.  Cop or not, she knows what Kilgrave can do so why didn't consider the cop could've been mind controlled?   

Still, it gives her a kind of power. He obviously didn't go near her while being completely obsessed. I wonder if he is scared that he can't control her anymore. She must be the first person to ever walk away from him. And she has superpowers! If you live your life at your own whims and everyone just does what you want, it must be somewhat scary when that doesn't work.

I'm guessing that's the main reason for the obsession.  She's the one that got away. 

We can also tell how often they had sex in that short amount of time. That was the first time they could have sex like normal people do, without thinking about it. 

I remember seeing a human sized lump in Jessica's bed in the pilot ep.   Granted there was no confirmation that it was a person but I was under the impression it was a one night stand that didn't leave her very satisfied.

Buffy and Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Actually pretty reminiscent of that, imo.

Smallville had Clark and a super powered Lana banging with enough force to cause earth tremors.

I thought brother/sister twins coming across as incestuous was a fairly common trope in fiction.

If I could ask a favor of anyone replying to my post, please use spoiler tags for any info that comes from future episodes.  I'm only watching an ep or two a week so it makes it tricky to interact with those who have watched the entire season.  

• Love 2

Dang, I think that must be the first time a movie or show has shown two superpowered humans going at it like there's no tomorrow. The bed breaking was a cheap gag, but I smiled.

It reminded me of when Spike and Buffy did it in an abandoned house and the house fell down around them.

Ah, I see others have mentioned that as well.

It's unclear to me if we were supposed to know if the twins are actually incestuous or not. The noises at night sounded like there was more than just yelling going on, and the guy wasn't wearing pants when she went up there. But we haven't actually seen them having sex, so I guess it could go either way. It's definitely meant to be weird and creepy though. I wonder if they will get more into their backstory or if they're just meant to be bizarre background characters.

This show just keeps getting darker and creepier, but in a good way (well, good because it's fictitious). Poor Malcolm. He thought Jessica was truly concerned about him and she just wanted to shove him at someone so she could steal drugs. One of the hospital employees said that Malcolm lunged at whoever he knocked over so Jessica is lucky that they didn't try to have him arrested for attacking someone. And then she just abandoned him. Cold!

On a practical level, if she went to all that trouble to steal the drugs she needed, she should have taken more. I mean, seriously, she planned that whole thing so why didn't she bring a small box with dividers (because of course you don't want the bottles to break!) or a coat with more pockets or a messenger bag? It looked like she only took three bottles which means she only has so many chances to get to Kilgrave before she has to steal more (plus she ended up using some on Trish). I guess she didn't want to draw too much attention by cleaning out the entire shelf. And maybe she figures if she doesn't get Kilgrave after going through three bottles of that stuff, she's screwed anyway.

I totally admire that Trish has done so much to protect herself (new door, safe room, learning krav maga) but then she defeated the purpose of all her precautions by opening the door to that guy. COME ON!

I was really surprised that we got to see Jessica and Kilgrave so close to each other this early in the season. His creepy stalker wall was, duh, creepy.

• Love 2
On 11/20/2015 at 1:33 PM, numbnut said:

I don't buy Luke's reasoning for not believing in mind control. Yeah, his skin is tangible but that doesn't explain why it's indestructible. Can he explain the science experiment that caused his ability? Even if he could, why can't another experiment exist to cause telepathy?

Years later.  I saw an earlier scene when Jessica lifted the tail of the car off of the ground and the driver freaking out that she must be "one of them" as an Easter Egg to the (nu)Inhuman explosion in numbers on  the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Where the existence of Inhumans as well as conventional aliens was well known by the MCU general public  so was expecting the acceptance of all sorts of weird beyond the Green Guy and his friends

• Love 1