Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

And Hope...what an uphill battle she had for normalcy. What was even the point of suffering all her obnoxious shit about waiting til marriage and being the un-Brooke when she just falls into those patterns anyway?

This is such a good point.  After all the shame and all the blame, Hope is exactly where she NEVER wanted to be.  She made her life a crusade to prove that she wasn't her mother and here she is.  If Bell had ANY talent, common sense, or decency, he'd make THIS Hope's new story.  There was a moment when Liam showed up at one of their weddings after partying all night with Steffy.  He had green hair, fake tatoos and stunk of booze and skank.  Hope told him his love wasn't good enough.  That Hope has got to come back.  Because from that moment to this, Liam has done nothing to prove that he's worthy of Hope's love.  In fact, he's slid back so far, he's barely worthy of Hauxdilox and that's a long way down to go.

All Liam has ever had to do was show up and some young woman was singing his praises.  In fact I think the only woman he went out of his way for was Sally and she's the only one smart enough to move on.  Liam was always second choice for Sally.  That's why Liam didn't hesitate to badmouth her when Wyatt told him that he and Sally were together.  Sally moved on and Liam can't stand it.  SC is such a good actor but I don't understand how he can think all of this bullshit is a good thing.  Does he think being the center of one of the worst love triangles in soap history is worthy of his talent?  Or maybe all he asks for is a few good scenes for his Emmy reel every year and he's happy to coast the rest of the time.  It's a shame.

There's still time for Hope.  She's starting a new phase in her life and she doesn't need Liam to do it.  I know it will be hard to bear the gloating and hatefulness that she'll receive from the Forresters but the upside will be that they'll be stuck with Liam.  And when Liam finds out that Kelly's his sister...that's just icing on the cake.  He won't have Hope to make him feel better about himself.  He might actually realize how far he is from the good guy he used to be. 

Maybe Hope can set an example to her mother.  Remind Brooke of the time she realized that Ridge's love wasn't good enough for her.  Brooke is a beautiful woman with a good heart.  I don't understand why Thorne is wasted on Katie when he and Brooke would be such a great couple.  Ingo and KKL would light up the screen.

I know it's too much to ask but I really would love it if Hope decided that she wanted more for her child and for herself and that Liam was incapable of providing it. 

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

SC is such a good actor but I don't understand how he can think all of this bullshit is a good thing.  Does he think being the center of one of the worst love triangles in soap history is worthy of his talent?  Or maybe all he asks for is a few good scenes for his Emmy reel every year and he's happy to coast the rest of the time.  It's a shame.

I would imagine he has to be tired of the BS a hundred times over by now, but probably stays because soap gigs are hard to come by these days with only four shows left on the air. It’s not like he can go back either of his previous shows since OLTL is gone (sniff) and GH has a strict No Quartermaines rule in place. Regardless, I totally agree it’s a shame to see SC wasted in this horrible role. I gave Liam a lot of leeway because I like SC, but I just can’t anymore. All of these people need to fall out of a helicopter’s gondola into the Seine and never resurface.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yep, given Steffy's track records with her own cousins Ivy and Aly, I wouldn't put it past her at all to do something "accidentally" to hurt Hope and/or her baby. It's who she is, it's what she does.

That's where I think this is going. Lope baby will be dismissed by some unfortunate accident either by Steffy or Bill's action. If it's Steffy fault, Liam will break away from her to comfort grieving Hope who will be out for blood and insist Liam sue for full custody of Kelly since Steffy is dangerous. Bill will ride to Steffy's rescue and a brutal custody battle will ensue.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

That's where I think this is going. Lope baby will be dismissed by some unfortunate accident either by Steffy or Bill's action. If it's Steffy fault, Liam will break away from her to comfort grieving Hope who will be out for blood and insist Liam sue for full custody of Kelly since Steffy is dangerous. Bill will ride to Steffy's rescue and a brutal custody battle will ensue.

I know nothing seems to be out of the realm of possibility when it comes to the writing on this show, but I just can't see them having Hope miscarriage through some sort of accident, or for any reason, twice. She already lost Wyatt's baby when she tripped on the stairs just before she 'left for Milan' or wherever she wen't. To have this happen again just seems cruel and I am sure would break Hope. Though having just typed that maybe that is just what needs to happen to drag the current iteration of Hope out of the sugary sweet Goldilocks character she seems to be.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rapscallion said:

I know nothing seems to be out of the realm of possibility when it comes to the writing on this show, but I just can't see them having Hope miscarriage through some sort of accident, or for any reason, twice. She already lost Wyatt's baby when she tripped on the stairs just before she 'left for Milan' or wherever she wen't. To have this happen again just seems cruel and I am sure would break Hope. Though having just typed that maybe that is just what needs to happen to drag the current iteration of Hope out of the sugary sweet Goldilocks character she seems to be.

They had Bill flip Caroline over the balcony at his mansion to pave the way for her personality shift so he could do it again!

Like I said, Steffy is seen as the heroine on this show. All women are her rivals. Sally was brought back for a reason and I think it's to fill the sane rival void for Hope once she goes Aly levels dark against Steffy after losing her second baby. They won't kill Hope like they did Aly, just ship her off to a sanitarium like we all wish they had done for Aly. Remember Hope has 'degenerate' Sharpe genes and her Uncle Stormy had his mental issues as well. She could be on the verge of becoming B&B's latest woman going nuts over Steffy.

• Love 3
On 7/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, mightysparrow said:

SC is such a good actor but I don't understand how he can think all of this bullshit is a good thing.  Does he think being the center of one of the worst love triangles in soap history is worthy of his talent? 

From the interviews he's given, SC has a true appriciation for this job. I mean this in the best way possible, as he seems to know the tropes and what made the old shows ticks. Unlike a lot of young talent (and much of the more seasoned actors, Thorston Kaye *cough*), I don't get the sense that he's here coasting along till he gets his next big break.

Which is why it irritates me to no end that TIIC seem so content with doing absolutely nothing new with his character whatsoever. Here is someone who has shown dedication and much like KKL before him, he gets shafted. It's bullshit.

• Love 11

If Liam tells Steffy he is not ready to get married, and needs to think about how to handle things with Hope, Steffy should kick him to the curb.  If Liam marries Steffy, and tells Hope they will be co-parents only, Hope needs to move on.  If both of these women continue to chase this guy, then just like Taylor and Brooke, they deserve the misery coming their way.  Idiots.

It's pointless to pair Brooke with anyone else.  Bell will never let her move on from Ridge.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/8/2018 at 8:33 PM, SweePea59 said:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Pammy is behind the skull and crossbones comments.

Whoops, now it looks like show is telling us that the mural painter is framing Sally.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 4

Sure Steffy, Bill manipulated all of you but he didn't put Liam's (possibly unwrapped) peen inside Hope before your marriage was officially annulled.

Is Hope's baby expected to be one of the Avengers or something? Steffy seems to be taking the stance that she and Liam must be united as a married couple in order to face the all- powerful tyke.

Lol, Thorn just stays being a gossip. Not sure how Hope getting threatened on the internet is more Katie's concern than, say, Brooke's OR HOPE HERSELF?

Hmm, another Black Brit. That can't be a coincidence. Xander's sister or an ex that won't let go? ?

Steffy, your man is waffling right in front of your eyes! For Liam, "take all the time you need" is permission for him to pursue other options. Ones named Hope. Who with any self-respect puts up with that? Oh well, I guess you can always sic your daddy The Enforcer on him.

HTF do they make Liam seem like a honorable guy who just happens to be in love with two women? How?

• Love 11

And there it is.  The Waffle.  Executed flawlessly by Liam Spencer.  How did Liam become so proficient at this move?  He's had years of practice, and two twits named Steffy Forrester and Hope Logan who put up with it.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

From the interviews he's given, SC has a true appriciation for this job. I mean this in the best way possible, as he seems to know the tropes and what made the old shows ticks. Unlike a lot of young talent (and much of the more seasoned actors, Thorston Kaye *cough*), I don't get the sense that he's here coasting along till he gets his next big break.

Which is why it irritates me to no end that TIIC seem so content with doing absolutely nothing new with his character whatsoever. Here is someone who has shown dedication and much like KKL before him, he gets shafted. It's bullshit.

Preeeeeach.

And like with KKL when she asked for something other than the Nick/Ridge ping pong they went the cliched route of rape which I'm sure made KKL regret saying anything, SC went from the Wyatt rivalry to Bill and back to ToD 2.0 now with babies! Brad Bell knows SC ain't bouncing and seems to be saying you'll play whatever we write and like it! 

Poor everyone on this show. I wonder if they're like 'As long as I hit my minimums and the check clears....'

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Steffy, your man is waffling right in front of your eyes! For Liam, "take all the time you need" is permission for him to pursue other options

Good lord, it's like the show didn't take painstaking effort to have Steffy call Hope right after she realized Liam went missing after Sydney because she knew he was a flake who runs away the minute shit gets hard. Or, yanno, thought they were on a break because Liam kissed Sally under duress.

See, this is why it's been so fucking hard to feel anything about Liam in all this being cheated on. He can't hold a decision longer than two minutes after making it. I had to spend the whole of 2016 watching him whine and cry and mewl to anyone that would listen about his destiny true love while he did not one solitary thing to earn Steffy's affection (and yeah, Wyatt and all that happened, but still, he didn't know) and for what? Because no other option existed in LA?

Oh, but he did have that one girl in Monte Carlo who he turned down. ?

• Love 9
(edited)

I have only two things to say about today's show.  Who is the mural artist and what could be her motivation to harass Hope.  Could have to do with Ivy?  Second, waffling has nothing to do with a waffle. So now I withhold the references to Maple Syrup. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

This show has jumped the shark for me and I’ve taken it off my recording schedule.  I’ll keep up with things here and all you fab snarkers.  

The last straw is bringing in three new characters that really have nothing to do with anything or anyone.  Bell is just shoving them in there without any background or real attachment to anyone.  And all this puts some of the best legacy characters far beyond the back burner.  So, what’s Bell trying to do with all this?  My guess is that he wants all the “oldsters” to go away thinking that using these three newbies will attract teen viewers.  Sorry, but until they bring back the Avants and Eric and Quinn, I’m outta there.  

• Love 13

If I were Hope, I think I would have poured the contents of that steaming kettle down the front of Waffle's pants, following his smug, "I've just got to sit with this," attitude. WTF? Melt that rank appendage so it doesn't go around impregnating more women. Geez ... 

Soooo ... today was the "big reveal" about Xander being half-British. I'm not sure what kind of reaction he expected. Was Emma supposed to start flailing dancing and knock him senseless again? Burst into tears with an angry, "You LIED to me!  What other secrets are you keeping?" First, who GAF and secondly, so what? How many transplanted Brits (or excuse me, half-Brits) are there in L.A. these days? 

I suppose that since Katie is head of P.R. at FC, then she really needs a heads-up that somebody on SM is attacking Hope. Can the guy playing Thorne at least try to disguise the Aussie accent?   It always sounds like he's saying, "Far-rester Creations."  Maybe Xander could give him some lessons on American-speak.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

HTF do they make Liam seem like a honorable guy who just happens to be in love with two women? How?

Well, at least they haven't fooled us :)

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

And there it is.  The Waffle.  Executed flawlessly by Liam Spencer.  How did Liam become so proficient at this move? 

He's imprinted on them the old-fashioned way.

2F2494AE2F165CF3B3F0E3A7B738B7A6D32B9D16

He's had years of practice, and two twits named Steffy Forrester and Hope Logan who put up with it.

DESTINY 2.0

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The same way they did with Ridge Forrester.

....except no, Ridge was big on actually persuing the women and wooing with fun trips and was supposedly a god in bed.

Sooooooo....

... yeeeeeeeaaaah.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bannana said:

I really expected a thought bubble to be above Liam's head, while he was waffling:  If Hope loses the baby, I'll marry Steffy, and if she doesn't, I'll marry Hope.

I'd expect it to be blank :)

• Love 21

Pick the best line of the week; multiple choice:

LIAM

To Hope "I don't know what I can and can't commit to yet"

To  Steffy "Suddenly I feel like I am not in a position to get married at all."

STEFFY

To Liam "One...one night, and our world changes?!"

To Liam "Is it yours?"

RIDGE

To Brooke "And we're sure; sure this is Liam's baby?"

To Brooke "As long as your daughter doesn't make a play for Liam"

Oh, the Tom Fuckery is so deep right now. 

Ridge's decent into Stephaniehood continues, and the metamorphosis is nearly complete. His smug self assurance that Liam will choose Steffy is clear testimony to that. He doesn't have to come out and say it, because it is being clearly transmitted that he considers Steffy the right choice. The best choice. The natural choice. The only choice. The non-Logan choice. Which is exactly what Stephanie would be saying. I think Brooke is starting to see she married her arch enemy. I have been so angry and disappointed with Brooke lately, but suddenly I am alright with her encouraging Hope. How dare Ridge insinuate that Hope just isn't good enough, and that Steffy and Kelly are the real deal and Hope and her baby will be the "second" family. I think Brooke has heard that lament enough in her life, and she shouldn't have to be hearing it from her husband. Maybe now that Brooke has gotten her destiny, and has been married to Ridge without anyone messing their shit up, maybe she will see that he just ain't all that. Maybe she will see that he is just like his mother. Maybe she will decide that she can't live with that type of elitist judging of character from her husband, after living with it her entire adult life. Maybe it will be enough to finally make her close the door on Bridge. Shit; a girl can always dream. 

They need to get Quinn back front and center. I miss her, and now that her eyebrows have calmed down, I can actually look at her again. 

No Eric, Steffy does not need another wedding gown. Between her, Hope and Brooke they could start their own Bridal Salon for gowns, rings, shoes and other sundry items. 

Thorne and Liam! You fucking dolts. If Hope is in danger, then you need to let her know. 

I am still not feeling Katie and Thorne at all. 

Who is this chick painting the mural? Did I miss her intro? Is she setting Sally up? Anyone who knows Sally would know that sending threatening messages isn't her style. No, my girl is far more likely to charge in brandishing a weapon and telling you about yourself. But everyone well believe it, cause who else could it be? UGH! I am beyond disappointed they brought Sally back for this. I am enjoying her and Wyatt; why couldn't they let them have some happy time together before starting this ridiculous campaign of terror against Hope? 

Sally was rocking that bathing suit. 

Can't comment on the interns because that is what they make FF'd buttons for. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

How dare Ridge insinuate that Hope just isn't good enough, and that Steffy and Kelly are the real deal and Hope and her baby will be the "second" family. I think Brooke has heard that lament enough in her life, and she shouldn't have to be hearing it from her husband. Maybe now that Brooke has gotten her destiny, and has been married to Ridge without anyone messing their shit up, maybe she will see that he just ain't all that. Maybe she will see that he is just like his mother. Maybe she will decide that she can't live with that type of elitist judging of character from her husband, after living with it her entire adult life. Maybe it will be enough to finally make her close the door on Bridge. Shit; a girl can always dream. 

But isn't Brooke doing the same thing?  They were both presumptuously implying that the other's daughter was going to be hurt now that Hope is pregnant.  They are both advocating for their own children and I can't say either one of them is wrong for doing so.  They are both flaming idiots, however, for encouraging their daughters to pursue this limp, unworthy man-child.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Oh look, I see what they did. They introduce three new characters and instantly inserted them into a triangle.

Pass.

Hard Pass.

At least when they were using this story for Zzzzende/Nicole/Sasha they gave us a little more time to get used to the characters & I have to say the actors seemed incrementally better. (I do miss Sasha!) This bunch of newbies...yeah...HARD PASS & full speed on the FF button.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 16

Why is this random girl painting a mural on the wall in a house that Wyatt doesn’t even own? And who is she? And why are Wyatt and Sally talking/kissing/being shmoopy around her? Sorry, writers. I’m not buying this instant love affair between W and S. Last week, he was so in love with Katie that he couldn’t stay away from her. Sally had sex with W about 5 minutes after she showed up in LA. Also not buying Katie and Thorne. They actually make me laugh when they show up on screen together. In fact, this entire show makes me laugh. It has truly lost it’s way. 

• Love 16

Could not even watch today. Had to delete. Sally and Wyatt making out while the painter girl is there. Who does that?! Zero interest in the interns and the painter girl. I don't even know their names. I don't find them attractive or to be good actors. Ugh.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Also, if Xavier doesn't turn out to be Maya's long lost son when she was still physically a man, then I don't know what was the point of introducing the character.

Now Xander is supposedly British (and probably linked to Zoe somehow - how convenient). Could they not find someone who could even attempt a British accent?

• Love 5

Wow. Just when we old timers think we’ve seen the worst this soap could be, we’re yet again shown just how boring this show can be. And the worst thing any show on TV can be is boring. Bye, B&B. 

• Love 6

Emma, Xander and Zoe can get off my screen this damn minute and stay off.  OMG!!!! these 3 make Ronnnnnnn Mossssssss look like Sir Laurence Olivier. None of them can act. At all. Not even a little. 

Plus -- I. Do. Not. Care. what Xander's secret past is.  I don't care what he and Zoe got up to in London. Xander and Emma are boring and have zero chemistry. I am not interested in the least in watching this summer's teen scene.  It is 1000x worse than the Summer of Coco & Slouchy. The fact Show put Emma and Xander in the credits is a travesty.

More Wally please. Thatie is even growing on me.  Bring Julius and Viv on regularly. If Show wants/needs a new character bring on the computer guru from today.  Seriously the kids are not all right -- they are all wrong.  Dear God in Heaven (tm Katherine Chancellor) make it stop.

And is it me or was it painfully obvious today that the threatening messages to Hope were actually addressed to Xander from Zoe?  Hopefully Sally will figure the whole thing out quickly and Zoe can be gone.

• Love 13

I have to laugh because the negative posts were really innocuous.  No threat on Hope's life nor even harm to her physically. 

I thought Zoey was Australian but it turns out that's she's British and Xander's ex girlfriend. So now "borrowing" Sally's lap top makes less sense.  

Wyatt and Sally for the win.  Even more airtime please.  

• Love 6

What a boring episode. The only interesting part was that Sally has some new clothes and they are much more in line with what a fierce fashion designer would wear. Maybe Wyatt took her shopping.  I like Wally, but FFS, can they do more than sit around and make out and have sex?  That was the same with Watie. I guess since Watie was clandestine and all, that made more sense, but again? Wyatt surely has more to offer than his peen? Why doesn't he get his butt off the sofa and join his brother in job hunting. (I know he said he had some money saved but how long is that going to last, especially if he is commissioning floor-to-ceiling murals to be painted on his walls.) BTW, Dollah's head is gonna explode when he see that on the day he decides it's time to evict Wyatt from that beach house.

I hate to say this, but Wyatt seemed best when paired with Steffy. He was way overly invested in the relationship, but at least he put his business skills to use. Too bad they were mostly wasted on promoting the Sleazy Sexy CEO. My point being that we actually saw more dimensions of his character other than lolling around in bed day-in, day-out.

ZZzzzzzzoey, ZZzzzzzander (yeah, I misspelled it on purpose) and Emma are to boring to even comprehend.) Zoey is scary-looking and I have to say that Xander is even less of a prize to fight over than Liam. I guess  I hold an UO, but I sort of like Emma OK. She seems to have a sweetness about her. I find her a helluva lot more interesting than Nicole was last year. Her over-sized boobs, vacant eyes  and sulky expressions couldn't get off my screen fast enough. Other than that, I don't want to see Emma dance again and none of the trio can act their way out of a paper bag.  They still bore me to tears.

I think this is the first time in ages that I've seen a B&B couple go on an actual date. (Thus, needing to explain that to us.)

Watie is also boring and I feel zero chemistry between HT and IR. I didn't like Katie acting like a "duh? what?" dumb female when the IT guy was trying to explain what he was doing. Who hasn't heard of bots or firewalls?  I thought Katie also had an alcohol problem so why was she drinking Bloody Marys at the beach with Thorne yesterday?

Another thing I thought of was when Liam and Thorne were looking at the website comments, there were comments about the new line. I thought that was top secret and Hope, Thorne and all the interns are working on the big reveal fashion show.

This show .... 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

What a boring episode. The only interesting part was that Sally has some new clothes and they are much more in line with what a fierce fashion designer would wear. Maybe Wyatt took her shopping.  

I for one have been very disappointed with Sally's wardrobe since she returned. Her look was so kooky, and now so bland, like a true fashion designer.

Other than that, I don't want to see Emma dance again

I was so glad when Hope axed it. Why is she now reconsidering using that zumba class in her fashion show? Pregnancy brain?

• Love 6

Doesn't TIIC, learn from past history?

RJ/Coco = Epic Failure 

Zende/Nicole/Sasha = Epic Failure 

Now they're betting on Xanda/Emma/Zoey to do better?  There is another Epic Failure on the horizon.  Maybe better actors would help but I doubt it. 

• Love 7

I actually don't mind Emma/Xander/Zoe.  They're a lot more interesting to me than RJ/Coco and Zende/Nicole.  Emma may not be the best actress but at least she seems to have some life to her, unlike Nicole.  Since we know Emma is Justin's niece, who are her parents in relation to Justin?  Could Robin Givens be Justin's sister or sister-in-law? Is Robin Givens Emma's mother?

That Ken dude needs to be fired.  You're not going to come up in my family business after EYE hired YOU and talk to me any old kind of way.  Although.....Thorne does have a history of befriending the downtrodden and unfortunate, so maybe Ken can be Thorne's occasional wacky friend?

The internet comment storyline is stupid.  "I'm comin' to get ya'" with skull and crossbones.  Very stupid to get worked up over that and it's being telegraphed that Scary Spice probably took Sally's laptop to make the comments about Zander.

• Love 3

What I don't get is why the heck would Zoe want to frame Sally?  Why does she appear to hate Hope so much (to ruin her website)??

If anything (and if this triangle is going somewhere), you'd think she'd be trying to frame Emma out of jealousy.  Stupid show.

• Love 3

I don't think the "I'm coming to get you" /skull_crossbones comments are directed towards Hope.  They're directed towards Zander.  But everyone thinks they're directed towards Hope. Zoe is just riding the Sally Musta Dun It wave so people won't know she's coming for Zander.

• Love 2

i think you guys are right, the internet threats are either against Xander or Emma.  But in all the drama leading up to us finding out it's Zoe making the threats (by next week i'm sure).  We'll have Liam pledged to Hope to protect her, Steffy sleeping with Bill again  and deciding she'd rather have a stallion than a waffle, And they all find out it was Zoe and Liam wants to go back to Steffy, but walks in on her and dad in the sack and faints and hits his head again.  then falls in love with Zoe when he doesn't know who he is.

oh and Ridge dies........ from being so dirty and nasty

• Love 9

Wow....

Not much more to be said about that ish. 

I love Sally and Wyatt. I really do. But I just can't with folks making out in plain view of others. A hug and kiss? OK. But being one step from dropping your clothes? Just all kinds of nasty and disrespectful. I mean, I can just see me and Mr. R having a technician or contractor over for something and the whole time we are trying to iron out the details, we just continue macking on each other. Right. That wouldn't even have happened thirty-two years ago when we were newlyweds. Then Sally and Wyatt throw down right on the couch after Zoe left for some air. Well, wouldn't that indicate she would be coming back? So you just undress and start copulating knowing she could walk in at any time? In the old days when Show did inappropriate sex it was dramatic, or funny, and quite often quirky. This seems like a desperate attempt to show how these two have bonded in three days. 

I think it is pretty obvious that Zoe is stalking Xander. But I can't drum up any interest. 

I am a sorry, sad sack, but I would walk over broken glass in bare feet to have Courtney Hope's body. And it would have to stay just as it is without all the working out. 

I find Emma the least offensive of the three. She is very young, and does have a spunk to her. All the same, she has a lot of growing to do in the acting department. 

17 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

But isn't Brooke doing the same thing?  They were both presumptuously implying that the other's daughter was going to be hurt now that Hope is pregnant.  They are both advocating for their own children and I can't say either one of them is wrong for doing so.  They are both flaming idiots, however, for encouraging their daughters to pursue this limp, unworthy man-child.

The essence of what Ridge and Brooke are doing is the same, but that is where the similarities end; at least for this viewer. I don't think Brooke automatically assumed that Liam would leave Steffy for Hope. Her words to Ridge were more cautionary; telling him that things have changed and maybe he should prepare himself. Ridge OTOH, was charging forth with his smug declarations of how Liam would never leave Steffy and his family. Ridge's insistence on referring to Steffy and Kelly as "Liam's family" or "his family" clearly telegraphs that he feels his daughter is more deserving of the brass ring. In Brooke's mind, she sees Steffy for the heaux that she is, and acknowledges the fact that Steffy hurt Liam deeply. In Ridge's mind Steffy hasn't done anything wrong. Bill took advantage of his little precious, so Steffy cannot be held accountable for her actions. Now, when Brooke is alone with Hope, she does pile it on pretty thick, but I am ok with that. I don't agree with Brooke; I think Liam is the antithesis of what Hope needs, but this is how Brooke is wired. It is all about destiny, and love, and babies, and happily ever afters. And she is encouraging her daughter to be happy because she wants Hope to be happy. Ridge is encouraging his daughter to railroad Liam because he doesn't want Bill to win her hand. Ridge is never altruistic; he is always working another agenda. So while they are both pushing for their daughters to win the "prize", I don't really see them acting the same at all. 

• Love 7

Ridge and Brooke are the same selfish losers they were when the show started.  Ridge cheated on Caroline the night before their wedding because Caroline wouldn't have sex with him before they were married (Caroline didn't run around announcing this to the rest of the world though).  Brooke only pretended to be Caroline's friend so she could get close to Ridge.

Supposedly, when Taylor returned from the dead the second time, Ridge and Brooke had been raising Thomas, Phoebe, Steffy, Hope and RJ as a family.  Both of them loved all of the children.  If that was true, Ridge and Brooke should at least have some concern and caring for BOTH Hope and Steffy.  Even if Ridge and Brooke can't manage to pretend to care about the other's daughter, they should have enough love for their own daughter to realize and tell them Liam isn't worth it.  What Ridge and Brooke really care about is themselves and winning.  Ridge against Bill.  Brooke against the ghost of Stephanie and Taylor.

I wish Bridget would return to town with Dino and Jack.  Jack went looking for Bridget because Brooke was the one who ruined his family with Nick/Taylor, and then went running back to Ridge, and Taylor was the mother who handed him over to Brooke who didn't really want him, she just didn't want Taylor to have Nick and Jack.  Jack considers Bridget his mother.  Bridget is happy with her sons Dino and Jack, is dating a nice guy, but doesn't revolve her life around him, and is a successful doctor.  Steffy and Hope take a good look at the pathetic messes that are Taylor and Brooke vs. what Bridget is like, finally wake up and realize they don't want that for their future, and dump Liam ASAP.

Emma making a big deal about Xander's accent seemed kind of rude and othering to me. Is Emma supposed to be that big of a rube? Note that Wyatt and Sally didn't get in Zoe's face about her British accent. I'm curious why the writers took this approach unless it's plot-related.

I generally like Sally's chic style but a leather (or even pleather) skirt in July? Oy, it must've been like a swamp under there.

Look at B&B with all the interwebs talk. VPN, IP address, firewall, web crawler. Half the audience probably zoned out and I doubt the tech bros/broettes are watching a corny soap opera.

Called it. Zoe is Xander's ex. His big-time stalker ex, apparently.

Also, if Xavier doesn't turn out to be Maya's long lost son when she was still physically a man, then I don't know what was the point of introducing the character.

What if there's a twist: Maya's long-lost child is Zoe, not Xander? That would make Zoe and Xander cousins but removed enough for there not be a legal problem. But imagine the scandal!

Now Xander is supposedly British (and probably linked to Zoe somehow - how convenient). Could they not find someone who could even attempt a British accent?

The actor, though born in the US, was raised in the UK. It seems to me he was having a hard time doing an American accent. I'm wondering about the actress playing Zoe too. Her accent seems off to me too. Meryl Streep is somewhere pointing and laughing.

• Love 1

OMG.  Would it kill the writers to do a little bit of research?  All computers have their own number they can be identified with.  ISP and ISDN numbers can be spoofed just like emails.  You can identify the country, city, state, etc.  There is a ton of information you can trace on the internet.  If the IT tech is even halfway good, they would know this.  If someone volunteers to hand over their labtop for inspection, take them up on the offer.  Even if the posts were made from Sally's laptop, a good IT tech would be able to tell if her computer had been hacked.

I guess now Wyatt is either going to help Sally prove her innocence, or break up with her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm wondering if Liam will be the IT tech who will end up proving Sally's innocence.

Xander's kind of cute.  But that post-it note he left for Scary Spice was crappy and he must've just escaped with the clothes on his back for her to go to the fish & chips place and he's moved out and gone when she got back.

I'm actually glad Thorne & Katie fired Sally.  Now they will have to explain all of it to Eric:

• Why they fired Sally
  • Why Sally was so upset at Hope that she would be making threats

I need Eric to know why Sally would be so upset at Hope that she would threaten her online.  He needs to know all about Hope telling Sally she would never be anything but a go-fer.  Because I don't think Eric wanted Sally to be a go-fer when he offered her a job.

Wyatt knows Hope has been crappy to Sally so I don't think he'll be dumping her for threatening Hope, he'll be figuring something funny is going on, especially after he learns Thorne & Katie are the ones who fired Sally and not Hope.

To return to the point of the first sentence, I think Wyatt will mention it to Liam, who will at first claim that Sally is unstable and is the one who is threatening Hope.  But I think Wyatt will point out that when Sally comes for you, she's straight up about it...she doesn't hide, which is what the internet threat person is doing.  Liam will investigate under the guise of protecting Hope and TheirChild and find out that Scary Spice is the one threatening Hope ... except she's not threatening Hope, she's threatening Zander and Emma.

What's going to end up happening is a threat is going to come in under the comments when it can be proven that Sally couldn't possibly be the one making the threats (i.e. Liam is confronting Sally about threatening his baby momma Hope when a threat comes into the website, and Liam realizes Sally couldn't have made the threats if he's talking to her at the same time the threat is coming in).

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 11