Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Sick. heartless. Cruel. Disgusting. These are just some of the words I would use to describe Quinn's latest scheme for Wyatt at Liam's expense. In just a couple of weeks, Quinn has done the impossible: made me feel sorry for Liam. Heaven knows I'm no Liam fan, but what Quinn is doing to him-and Wyatt, for that matter-isn't just cruel, it's downright criminal. I don't give a shit what brad Bell nor Scott Clifton call it unless they call it for what it is: RAPE. What Quinn has done to Liam is even worse than what Thomas did to Caroline because at least Thomas didn't hold Caroline prisoner. Instead of getting Liam proper medical attention like any decent human being would have, Quinn chose to take advantage of Liam mentally, emotionally and now sexually. Liam has made some huge mistakes, whether it was jumping to conclusions after catching Steffy and Wyatt together, which probably wouldn't have happened in the first place if  Liam hadn't felt the need to put Ivy on the plane back to Australia before she was well enough to travel after her latest head injury, but none of that justifies what Quinn has done.

If The MoFos In Charge (TMFIC, for short) had to get Quinn & Liam together, there are posters here who have come up with much better scenarios than this, from hatesex to booty calls, which may have been tacky, but at least they would have been mutual and legal, neither of which apply to Quinn's raping Liam. Quinn's childhood is irrelevant. Like I say, "Being hurt as a child is not a license to hurt others as an adult." There are plenty of people  who have suffered just as much or more than Quinn who have turned out much better than she has. I also don't hate Deacon. Quinn would deserve better than him if she was better than him but she's not, by a long shot. Deacon's silence doesn't let Quinn off the hook. Because of Quinn's interference, both Wyatt and Liam are in relationships based on lies and they don't even know it.

I'm not letting Wyatt & Steffy off the hook, either. Once again, Wyatt's involved with one of Liam's leftovers, which means he'll get hurt again, which, as much as I hate to say it, serves him right. To call Quinn's obsession with Wyatt's love life unhealthy is an understatement. Quinn should want Wyatt to be with the right woman for the right reasons, not play second fiddle to Liam for the umpteenth time. Wyatt knows deep inside that Steffy's not over Liam & so does Steffy, but they hooked up anyway, which is pathetic on so many levels. When it comes to fast, Usain Bolt has nothing on Wyatt & Steffy. Liam had way less choice in the matter than Wyatt & Steffy. The one person who has hurt Wyatt the most isn't Bill, Liam nor Ivy; It's Quinn. When the truth comes out, not only will Wyatt be devastated, if Liam thought that he had something to do with it, I wouldn't blame him. Everytime Wyatt  has let Quinn back in his life he's regretted it and this time he should cut her out of it oncve and for all, for her sake and his own.  

Word to all of this but especially the bolded.

I remembered catching a glimpse of the Todd and Margaret story on my tv.  After kidnapping Todd, Margret make it clear to him that she want to have a child.  If Todd refused, then she will kill Blair, his ex-wife and his children.  In order to keep his family safe, Todd eventually had sex with Margaret.  So even if the victim give consent, it is still rape.

Yeah man raped by woman can't happen because it is a mockery of Clint Eastwood's legacy - the stereotypical view of genders. 

This, exactly.

Another example is when EJ raped Sami who "consented" to being raped to save Lucas' life. Consent by duress is NOT consent. To make matters worse, they make one of the twins Sami becomes pregnant with EJ's. So Johnny DiMera is a child of rape. But no, that wasn't enough for TPTB - they decide to make EJami a thing and have Sami fall in love with her rapist. All the work they did with Jack/Kayla/Jennifer, down the drain. 

• Love 5

If you define love as lying, manipulating, misleading, and ultimately victimizing someone, then yes, I suppose Quinn does love Liam. She's loving him to death. That's not love in my book and I think this is all about doing whatever she can to keep Liam and Steffy apart.

I don't think she loves Liam either. If there are any real love feelings going on its with a fantasy.  She's in love with a figment of her imagination - Adam. 

I honestly don't know if we are supposed to believe Quinn is having genuine feelings or if we are supposed to see her as bat shit crazy.  I know what I view it as but is that what the writers want us to see?

• Love 3

It's hard to imagine beautiful, intelligent and high-profile females are portrayed as stupid, calculating and selfish beings.  They are devoid of female friendship and sibling relationship, and they can't be strong-minded.  Seriously, I am really bothered by TPTB's misogyny.  

• Love 8

The somewhat depressing aspect is that this definitely goes back a few years on this show...and others...

I don't think she loves Liam either. If there are any real love feelings going on its with a fantasy.  She's in love with a figment of her imagination - Adam. 

I honestly don't know if we are supposed to believe Quinn is having genuine feelings or if we are supposed to see her as bat shit crazy.  I know what I view it as but is that what the writers want us to see?

The show's at least been consistent, IMO, with painting--or trying to paint--Quinn as a fruit loop who's at least succumbing a little to either Liamnesiac's gentler charm or some sort of fantasy taking shape in her head based on this epic lie of omission.  Which way they're heading, though, seems to change on a whim...and that screws up what consistency there is, and so on.

• Love 3

I'm not into this show anymore in terms of actually watching it, but every now and then I'll read an episode recap. Nice to hear that Brooke STILL hasn't grown up and  STILL hasn't learned how to keep her libido in check. This woman is in her 50's now. Why does this show continue to write her as being so shockingly irresponsible with her behavior, choices, and actions? And sadly, she no longer has anyone to really call her on it. That was Stephanie's job! The long-running incestuous vibe between the characters and partner swapping continues. Liam/Quinn, Wyatt/Steffi and so on and so on. Such garbage all around! 

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 5

Has Lidam wondered why he doesn't have clothes in "his" home? Shouldn't Lidam be needing some fresh underwear by now? Quinn needs to go out and at least buy him a pack of Fruit of the Looms! ;-)

Katie sure is tossing back that Scotch. Must be the premium BEAT reserve.

• Love 4

I don't think it's just the depictions of women that are strange on this show. What bothers me. A lot- is how they treat the older and stronger actors. And they've been doing this for a long time. I feel they use them to uplift and prop the younger and weaker actors.

A few weeks ago it came to my attention that Obba Babatude/Julius and Anna Maria Horsford/ Vivienne have become close friends with John McCook/Eric, that they shared mutual friends and former coworkers from theater and film. But it came as no surprise to me they connected so well day to day on the job besides their personal history, since they essentially use them the same way they have him, and the talented Susan Flannery and Rene Soffer. To carry scenes and contribute legitimacy to stories and actors that are weak, rather giving them material where they shine on their own. I find that annoying. I am not tuning in for the Waffle romance saga or Sasha/Nicole/Zende triangle or to see Eric as some ineffectual bit player in the business and family he created. Give the grown folks stories of their own and let the strong players have meaty stories.

I do admit I wanna see where Quilliam is going and some heads exploding and feel this show is less insipid than Y&R. BUT. Just because some other show is being tired and stupid is irrelevant.

• Love 9

Goodness wtf has happened to this show?  How did it go from being interesting and must see tv to must turn this shit off.   I was once a huge Quinn fan and enjoyed her for the most part harmless antics, but this latest nonsense with Liam is horrible and vile.  I don't even like Liam and  find him underwhelming, but what Quinn is doing to a man that has brain damage is not entertaining.    

The retread of Bill/Katie/Brooke....yawn.  Is there nothing else they can write for KKL?   How many times do we have to watch Brooke cross boundaries she has no business crossing and then sayin ooops I'm sorry as the left tear falls.  We've seen this same trope over and over.    If she didn't meant to hurt Katie then why keep crossing the lines?  How about keep your yap shut about how you feel?  Then keep your legs snapped shut too.   This bitch is trifling and too old to be acting this way.  

Where is Ridge? Why aren't we enjoying the romance of Caroline/Ridge and building to the fall out as the truth of the baby is revealed?   

At least Sasha and her Dad manage to be interesting, but even that boring insipid Nicole and Zende manage to ruin that.   

This show has sunk to the bottom.  Sad when you think about where it was a year ago. 

• Love 13

I'm not going to enter the fray about calling it rape or not. I'm just going to say that Quinn/Liam is a much different situation than Caroline/Thomas. Liam was conscious, in a diminished capacity, but was a willing participant. Caroline's diminished capacity was being unconscious and therefore unable to concent.

Quinn has entered "The Twilight Zone". (Cue the music). What started off as a plain old kidnapping has the kidnapper falling for her victim. In other words a reverse Stockholm Syndrome and the dominatrix has turned submissive. We now see what Hope, Steffy, Ivy, and now Quinn sees in Liam. Quinn is now waffled and basking in the glow of maple syrup. Move over Bill, Liam is the true stallion.

Like Katie and Brooke reconciling, Quinn's relationship with Liam will be over by the end of the month. Why doesn't Bill say anything to Katie about her drinking. Is Bell setting up a Katie demise and the resurrection of Brooke and Bill?

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

Quinn has entered "The Twilight Zone". (Cue the music). What started off as a plain old kidnapping has the kidnapper falling for her victim. In other words a reverse Stockholm Syndrome and the dominatrix has turned submissive. We now see what Hope, Steffy, Ivy, and now Quinn sees in Liam. Quinn is now waffled and basking in the glow of maple syrup. Move over Bill, Liam is the true stallion.

That's another thing fans who wanted to see Liam and Quinn together aren't getting.  I read fans wanting  Quinn to teach Liam a thing or two.  What are fans getting?  Quinn being changed to fit Liam.  All of a sudden she is now not into the rough stuff (even though since she is the one with the gear she is the one that set THAT particular tone with  the guys she slept with). 

• Love 8

I am technically against Brooke since she's a habitual line stepper. And shes's too damn old by now not to know better. However, Katie invited that shit and she already pissed me off with her hypocrisy. She fucked over Bridget in a similar way and hooked up with Ridge out of spite. And choose a selfish ass man. So live by the sword die by the sword so to speak.

• Love 8

I hate the way Katie uses Storm's borrowed heart to hold her love ones emotionally hostage. Katie gets upset and she suddenly has an issue with her heart which leads to Katie getting what she wants. She is a master manipulator and a waste of Storm's heart.

What's more galling is the way Katie got shot. She was stepping into some shit that was none of her business involving Storm and Ashley and freaked him out, and he accidentally shot her.

Serioudly, we killed Storm off for this?

• Love 8

This show has always been so implausible to me when it comes to how the characters inappropriately hook up with one another. It's LA for crying out loud. There's all kinds of people there. From the ordinary to the rich to the glamorous. I know it's a soap, but can't these people find other people whom are not part of their family circle? Of course they can. There's no excuse for Liam/Quinn or Wyatt/Steffi. As for Brooke, she's still a beautiful and alluring woman even in her 50's. You can't tell me that she can't go out and find a dashing 50-something gorgeous man in LA. You just can't. She just settles for men in her family. It's just weak and trashy and I really think she sells herself short by continuing on the reckless path she's been on for the past 20 plus years.

• Love 4
DollEyes, on 14 Feb 2016 - 2:00 PM, said:DollEyes, on 14 Feb 2016 - 2:00 PM, said:DollEyes, on 14 Feb 2016 - 2:00 PM, said:

Sick. heartless. Cruel. Disgusting. These are just some of the words I would use to describe Quinn's latest scheme for Wyatt at Liam's expense. In just a couple of weeks, Quinn has done the impossible: made me feel sorry for Liam. Heaven knows I'm no Liam fan, but what Quinn is doing to him-and Wyatt, for that matter-isn't just cruel, it's downright criminal. I don't give a shit what brad Bell nor Scott Clifton call it unless they call it for what it is: RAPE. What Quinn has done to Liam is even worse than what Thomas did to Caroline because at least Thomas didn't hold Caroline prisoner. Instead of getting Liam proper medical attention like any decent human being would have, Quinn chose to take advantage of Liam mentally, emotionally and now sexually. Liam has made some huge mistakes, whether it was jumping to conclusions after catching Steffy and Wyatt together, which probably wouldn't have happened in the first place if  Liam hadn't felt the need to put Ivy on the plane back to Australia before she was well enough to travel after her latest head injury, but none of that justifies what Quinn has done. 

I see Thomas on Rape Night and Quinn having sex with Liamnesiac on a similar plane; they both raped persons who were incapable of consent. Granted, Quinn keeps adding to the list and degree of felonies she's stacking up, making the vulnerable 'Adam' more dependent on her, yet aware there's a gap in his life beyond his memory.

All indications is that no one is all that concerned they haven't seen or heard from Liam. Steffy has let him go and has developed a taste for White Bread Boinking Wyatt Wonder Bread.

Thomas, on the other hand, maintains he regrets Rape Night and has 'changed' his manipulative, womanizing ways. Thomas is a new man, with a new perspective, wanting to be respectful of whatever ... Like all the other times he regretted his predatory behavior and violent tendencies. Thomas hasn't changed anything but his tactics. He continues to pursue Caroline by playing up to her guilt and her desire to forgive her husband's son, confirming her need to set aside Rape Night as an anomaly a mistake an accident. Then he drops the "I had never felt the way about anyone the way I felt about you," him wanting a family and  "little Forrester's running around." Queen, Please. You still have a bad attitude toward Wyatt and Liam. The only Spencer form you're warm for is Caroline's.

Today Caroline let him touch the kicking baby -- No No NO! Don't let him get into your head or ever touch you again! Caroline is an idiot and Thomas is playing her like a kazoo. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 12

Nice job there, with the picture albums. But you came to the party spoiling for a fight, eh, Katie? 

Playing reindeer games on Brooke's desperation to do and say anything to get back in your good graces ... Good one. And Brooke did say anything and everything, as a gesture of apology. As usual, Brooke said too much too soon, and that gave Katie her opening.

Tomorrow looks like a wind-up for another bruisin'. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7

If we had actually seen more of Quinn and Deacon's relationship imploding onscreen, I think it would have helped offset the zero to sixty rush she did towards "gentle.". It might not have helped with her actually putting the Waffle in her oven, but...a little grace never hurts, even in the face of crazy.

As for Katie...I'm simultaneously wanting her to cheer the hell down about the whole thing and wanting her to continue responding sanely, if staggeringly bitchily and vaguely Stephanie-like, to Brooke's personal crazy. Even if it's literally the last thing you'd expect from this fakakta show.

• Love 6
If we had actually seen more of Quinn and Deacon's relationship imploding onscreen, I think it would have helped offset the zero to sixty rush she did towards "gentle.". It might not have helped with her actually putting the Waffle in her oven, but...a little grace never hurts, even in the face of crazy.

It would have helped me because I feel like the writers are trying to minimize the Quinn/Deacon relationship.  With what I saw on screen you can't tell me that Deacon never showed tenderness to Quinn.  What feels out of the blue is Deacon showing up and calling them both losers.  Where the hell did that come from?  Am I supposed to forget when he asked her to marry him and listed all she had going for her and she didn't have to go crazy for what she wanted?

• Love 6

Number one lesson for Brooke: Don't let anyone go rummaging through your personal belongings. Wonder how long it took for Katie to find the damning photo album and plant in with the rest of the stack? Whether she was even marginally sincere, Brooke has apologized to Lemonhead Queen already. I would have just let her sit at home and pout and make Brentwood lemonade out of the rinds and pith and Beata Bourbon.

I really don't care about Quinn and "Adam." Liam told her he was feeling "off" and he could have stood firm and continued to rebuff her advances. I guess that neither head was functioning as it rationally should have under the circumstances. *shrug.*  (I have never understood how these incapacitated men and women are able to perform, anyway...)

I could have gotten really upset today when Bill had the audacity to take a bottle of booze over to Brooke's house, as she's a recovering alcoholic and all. I just reminded myself, "this is just a fictitious TV show," and counted to 10.

• Love 8

I would think Kate's heart meds wouldn't mix with all that alcohol she's been downing recently. Lady is taking Beyoncé's lyrics too seriously. "Don't you drop that alcohol." She drinks at work. She drinks at home. She drinks while with Bill. She drinks while alone. I guess seeing the pictures today will cause her to drink even more.

Caroline is probably going to tell Thomas. She's softening towards him for whatever reason. Bell, seriously?

I'm over wimpy Wyatt, lemon head Katie, gotta have a man Steffi, the pancake/Waffler, one tear Brooke (I love her but she's been doing the same old mess since 87), and the rest of those numpties. I hate how he uses the seasoned actors to prop this talentless new generation.

Watching Nicole is excruciating. Zende is dull as beige paint. Sasha livens stuff up but her energy is tapped out when in a scene with the dull couple. I was hoping he would cheat, but he's too busy praising her for this sacrifice. Bell, pick it up with this story. We don't need to see the full 40 weeks on screen. Go ahead and age her pregnancy so we can have a baby born on Good Friday or Resurrection Day. Just our luck he'll drag this out and the baby's birth will coincide with Raya's anniversary. *eye roll*

Where's the loading dock guy? Where's Mumma Avant? Where's Det. Hardon? He's the only motivation for me not to let go. At this point, I'll take random extras and Pam/Charlie over the flashback scenes and all of the current stories.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 6

LA is shrouded in a Purple Haze; it’s residents acting Stone Cold Crazy. After traveling a Long and Winding Road; Liam, Quinn, Steffy and Wyatt are experiencing New Sensations as they decide to engage in Afternoon Delight. Quinn, getting Physical, and taking a Slow Ride with Liam, her new Hunk of Burning Love. Happy and content After The Lovin, she tells Liam “You Dropped a Bomb On Me”, and prays that he won’t remember The Way They Were. Quinn may have The Devil Inside, but Liam had a Brand New Key, and is slowly Killing Her Softly, as all Quinn can now think is “With You I’m Born Again”. Liam is A Long, Long Way From Home, but doesn’t mind cause he has his Witchy Woman, and is enjoying the Rapture. Still, part of Liam wants to tell Quinn I know “You’re No Good”, but Hell’s Bell’s, he doesn’t want to see a Bad Moon Rising, or to know The Bitch Is Back, so he just allows the Spinning Wheels in his head, as he declares “I Won’t Get Fooled Again”.

Meanwhile, over on the other side of Paradise City, there’s A New Kid In Town who has been not patiently waiting for his LA Woman, and has been standing by, just knowing that One Of These Nights, Steffy would come around. Now, At Last, his prayers have been answered, and he was able to deliver A Whole Lotta Love to his Hot Blooded, Brick House. Wyatt has been telling Steffy “You’re The One That I Want”, for a long time, and now that he has Gone The Distance, not even Wild Horses could drag him away. Wyatt has declared No More Mr. Nice Guy, as he receives his Sexual Healing from the one who was Born To Be Wild. Wyatt doesn’t care that Steffy is Torn Between Two Lovers; he can live without Respect, and he Ain’t To Proud To Beg, and is totally Down With OPP. Steffy is a Ball Of Confusion, silently pleading with Liam “Don’t Leave Me This Way”, wondering Should I Stay Or Should I Go, and telling Wyatt to “Make Me Smile” at the same time. It’s all good though now that Steffy has dropped her Cherry Bomb on Wyatt, because she realizes he is a Magic Man, who is Hopelessly Devoted to her.

Once these shocking events are Heard Through The Grapevine by the families at large, there are news reports of Spencers and Forresters walking the streets looking Dazed And Confused asking “What’s Going On?” and muttering laments of “It’s The End of The World As We Know It”. $Bill, A Sharp Dressed Man, is Blinded By The Light, and is giving everyone The Looks That Kill, while shouting “those fools are California Dreaming!” Hopping into his Little Red Corvette, he departs on The Highway To Hell, wondering Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is? Feeling the pressure of Time, Bill declares “I Can’t Drive 55”, as he contemplates that Devil Woman laying her hands on his Fortunate Son; Lovin, Touchin and Squeezing him. Bill’s face contorts with revulsion and rage as he shouts “School’s Out”, and vows for them to just “Give Me Three Steps”, cause Saturday Night’s All Right For Fighting. Bill is determined to teach Quinn a lesson, because he doesn’t have any Sympathy For The Devil, and won’t be happy till their Beds Are Burning. Smiling, he tells Quinn “You Outta Know I was going to Bust A Move over this, so just Cry Me A River.” Quinn laughs her Spooky laugh saying “Billy Don’t Be A Hero”, and tells Bill to Go, Up, Up and Away; not him or anyone else is going to Rain On Her Parade, and reminds Bill that Liam is Hot For Teacher. Bill smirks and says “You don’t have Liam Wrapped Around Your Finger”, and I am making it my business to see that You've Lost That Loving Feeling because this is The End Of The Road for ya’ll.

To be continued……..

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 20

I would think Kate's heart meds wouldn't mix with all that alcohol she's been downing recently. Lady is taking Beyoncé's lyrics too seriously. "Don't you drop that alcohol." She drinks at work. She drinks at home. She drinks while with Bill. She drinks while alone. I guess seeing the pictures today will cause her to drink even more.

Also, given that part of Katie's original break-up with Bill was over her nagging him for how much he drinks, you'd think someone would call her out on it.
  • Love 3

I know I'm late to the table, considering that today's show is now in the books, but on yesterday's show, right up until the very end when Katie popped open the "Ode to Brill" photo album, I thought for sure their appearance at her house was some kind of dream of Brooke's. They use those dreams and flashbacks so frequently, I thought for sure it wasn't real. Of course, the one time I actually wanted one, Bell can't accomodate me. Ass.

• Love 3

Nice to see Bridget.

Too bad she isn't going to call Brooke out on betraying another family member in the name of "I'm Still in Fuck With (fill in the blank)."

If anyone has a legitimate position to speak about how far over the line Brooke has gone, it's Bridget.

• Love 8

What is the point of bringing these actors on to do these one off scenes?  I'm new so I can't say I'm a fan of characters like Bridgett or Thorne but if I was I would be irritated by this.  Either bring them on with a viable story or don't waste everyone's time.  Hell, I have no idea what SK's status is and I feel that way.  If all we are going to get is blink and miss appearances that pretty much lead nowhere - then what's the point? 

• Love 7
I'm new so I can't say I'm a fan of characters like Bridgett or Thorne but if I was I would be irritated by this.

I can't imagine any other show hiring the actor who plays Thorne, so maybe TPTB throw him a scene every once in a blue moon so he can maintain his SAG membership and health insurance.

• Love 2

LA is shrouded in a Purple Haze; it’s residents acting Stone Cold Crazy. After traveling a Long and Winding Road; Liam, Quinn, Steffy and Wyatt are experiencing New Sensations as they decide to engage in Afternoon Delight. Quinn, getting Physical, and taking a Slow Ride with Liam, her new Hunk of Burning Love. Happy and content After The Lovin, she tells Liam “You Dropped a Bomb On Me”, and prays that he won’t remember The Way They Were. Quinn may have The Devil Inside, but Liam had a Brand New Key, and is slowly Killing Her Softly, as all Quinn can now think is “With You I’m Born Again”. Liam is A Long, Long Way From Home, but doesn’t mind cause he has his Witchy Woman, and is enjoying the Rapture. Still, part of Liam wants to tell Quinn I know “You’re No Good”, but Hell’s Bell’s, he doesn’t want to see a Bad Moon Rising, or to know The Bitch Is Back, so he just allows the Spinning Wheels in his head, as he declares “I Won’t Get Fooled Again”.

Meanwhile, over on the other side of Paradise City, there’s A New Kid In Town who has been not patiently waiting for his LA Woman, and has been standing by, just knowing that One Of These Nights, Steffy would come around. Now, At Last, his prayers have been answered, and he was able to deliver A Whole Lotta Love to his Hot Blooded, Brick House. Wyatt has been telling Steffy “You’re The One That I Want”, for a long time, and now that he has Gone The Distance, not even Wild Horses could drag him away. Wyatt has declared No More Mr. Nice Guy, as he receives his Sexual Healing from the one who was Born To Be Wild. Wyatt doesn’t care that Steffy is Torn Between Two Lovers; he can live without Respect, and he Ain’t To Proud To Beg, and is totally Down With OPP. Steffy is a Ball Of Confusion, silently pleading with Liam “Don’t Leave Me This Way”, wondering Should I Stay Or Should I Go, and telling Wyatt to “Make Me Smile” at the same time. It’s all good though now that Steffy has dropped her Cherry Bomb on Wyatt, because she realizes he is a Magic Man, who is Hopelessly Devoted to her.

Once these shocking events are Heard Through The Grapevine by the families at large, there are news reports of Spencers and Forresters walking the streets looking Dazed And Confused asking “What’s Going On?” and muttering laments of “It’s The End of The World As We Know It”. $Bill, A Sharp Dressed Man, is Blinded By The Light, and is giving everyone The Looks That Kill, while shouting “those fools are California Dreaming!” Hopping into his Little Red Corvette, he departs on The Highway To Hell, wondering Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is? Feeling the pressure of Time, Bill declares “I Can’t Drive 55”, as he contemplates that Devil Woman laying her hands on his Fortunate Son; Lovin, Touchin and Squeezing him. Bill’s face contorts with revulsion and rage as he shouts “School’s Out”, and vows for them to just “Give Me Three Steps”, cause Saturday Night’s All Right For Fighting. Bill is determined to teach Quinn a lesson, because he doesn’t have any Sympathy For The Devil, and won’t be happy till their Beds Are Burning. Smiling, he tells Quinn “You Outta Know I was going to Bust A Move over this, so just Cry Me A River.” Quinn laughs her Spooky laugh saying “Billy Don’t Be A Hero”, and tells Bill to Go, Up, Up and Away; not him or anyone else is going to Rain On Her Parade, and reminds Bill that Liam is Hot For Teacher. Bill smirks and says “You don’t have Liam Wrapped Around Your Finger”, and I am making it my business to see that You've Lost That Loving Feeling because this is The End Of The Road for ya’ll.

To be continued……..

Nice to see you again, Runthetable

• Love 3

I can't imagine any other show hiring the actor who plays Thorne, so maybe TPTB throw him a scene every once in a blue moon so he can maintain his SAG membership and health insurance.

Thorne has no reason to be on the show anymore. His main role was to be the antagonist that called out Ridge for his arrogance....a role that he's been usurped by both Nick and Rick over the past 15 years. Between that and having no one of age to be a love interest besides Quinnsane and no children of his own (still bitter about that btw) nothing of value would be lost if he never returned to LA, IMO. Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

Katie is becoming a self-righteous little something. All episode, I kept wanting to say shut the hell up. I kept the channel on and watched the Talk. There was an advert where Bill was confronting her about her drinking. I'm glad someone has noticed that the volume has increased. Bill can shove it, too. Just a couple of weeks ago he was all but admitting he had settled and was fantasising about Brooke.

• Love 5

I thought the actress who plays Bridget was on another soap now?

Ugh, Bill. If Katie hadn't overheard what she did, he'd probably be screwing Brooke right now. And Brooke, seriously? "I'm not going to stop being in love with your husband but I'll cut you a break and not take him away from you." The arrogance of that woman. Meanwhile, Bill just stands there like the cat who came thisclose to swallowing the canary. I really don't understand why Brooke is keeping quiet about how receptive he was to her overtures. I really think that if Bill had kept working on her she'd be screwing him right now. And in the afterglow she'd be doing her patented one teardrop crying about how they can never let Katie find out because it would kill her.

I'm sorta starting to think that Thomas is fcuking with Caroline via these pointed references to "the baby's father". Why not just say "my dad" or "Ridge"? He's probably got an inkling that the kid is his and he's working Caroline to get her to confess.

• Love 7

At least for a hot minute we got Bridget and Rick going on about how this has been the longest Brooke has been without a man or some such, which is/was simultaneously all kinds of wrong (and Gandalf rightly called them on it) and all kinds of right (someone had to go there).

Katie's ongoing Stephanie-like bitchery is doing the character no favors, even if exacerbated by booze. And it's all on Katie--Heather Tom is rocking it, and to some degree it's the most consistent opposition to Brooke's mindset (heartset?) in a while, but it's admittedly getting a little one-note.

And as for Thomas and Caroline: all this had BETTER be a swerve. Just saying.

• Love 5

Yeah, she's their mother but Rick and Bridget talking truth about their mom before Eric shamed them was hilarious. Really Eric? Brooke is a hot mess and her kids know it.

Bridget you can't imagine how upset Aunt Katie is that your mom is sniffing around her man? Really?

Bill's sporting a wee gut there when he's in profile.

I actually feel badly for Katie. She's caught in a low self-confidence spiral that's causing her to lash out and make things worse. She can't stop beating herself up, so she can't stop lashing out at Brooke. She's not lashing out at Bill because she's so desperate to keep him but she's becoming more and more out of control that she's falling apart hence the self medicating. It's pretty sad that she can't let go but I unfortunately get the inability to let what you feel is an injustice/slight go when it comes at the hand of someone you trust and is after you let bygones be and you feel they screwed you again. Just an unrewarding vicious cycle.

• Love 6

Today's cable summary takes the cake: Thomas shows Caroline a kinder side of himself; Katie insists Brooke agree to her terms.

A kinder side of himself? A kinder side of himself? No, that's an abuser emotionally manipulating his victim. The only true moment in this whole thing was when Ridge was raving about what a scum Thomas was, and Caroline begged him to stop because it couldn't be true, she couldn't let it be true that he assaulted her, because she's carrying his child. LG sold the hell out of that moment, and for me, her physical performance continues to be the one good thing in this storyline. If it wasn't for the subtext she provides, I couldn't bear to watch. Frankly, I had to fast-forward him touching her belly -- it's bad enough that she has to deny what he did to her, it's bad enough that she works with him, but to have him pawing her... Rage blackout. Utter rage blackout.

As for Katie/Brooke -- Katie's terms are no giggling/flirting? That's not so much a term as it is baseline civilized behavior... Oh. This is Brooke. Yeah. I can't believe that Bridget, of all people, is brought on to support Brooke. And wasn't it curious that she left Nick out of the list of Brooke's loves? I mean, yeah, it would be awkward to mention, but for hell's sake, he was a huge part of Brooke's life.

I did like the mention of Owen and Jackie -- I miss Jackie like crazy.

• Love 8

It's sad when one of the first questions an adult woman has to delicately ask her own mother is whether or not she's been sleeping with her "destiny du jour."  It reminded me of when she incredulously asked Brooke post-Foundry boink how she could have been "aroused." Poor Bridget.

Runthetable, I loved your song montage. May I put in a request for Wyatt, please? "Stop Dragging My Heart Around!" LOL!!! Keep up the good work.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 4

Yeah, she's their mother but Rick and Bridget talking truth about their mom before Eric shamed them was hilarious. Really Eric? Brooke is a hot mess and her kids know it.

This is Eric we're talking about. The same Eric that's let all his kids and grandkids run ramshot over the last few years. The same Eric who told Bridget that she ought to forgive her mother for the Deacon affair because breaking up with Ridge was rough on her--never mind that Brooke had no relationship with Ridge of which to speak as he'd been happily married to Taylor for years before she woke in love with him one day.

It's amazing how he's become this oblivious imbecile in recent years.

Bridget you can't imagine how upset Aunt Katie is that your mom is sniffing around her man? Really?

How was this a line that was written? For BRIDGET of all people? No female character in the history of soap operas has been more fucked over by more family members than her, having lost suitors to Brooke, Felicia and Katie in the same five year span. I'm surprised TIIC didn't pair Owen up with Hope just for good measure, but TIIC were too invested in Brooke vs Taylor 2:Electric Boogaloo.

I actually feel badly for Katie. She's caught in a low self-confidence spiral that's causing her to lash out and make things worse. She can't stop beating herself up, so she can't stop lashing out at Brooke. She's not lashing out at Bill because she's so desperate to keep him but she's becoming more and more out of control that she's falling apart hence the self medicating. It's pretty sad that she can't let go but I unfortunately get the inability to let what you feel is an injustice/slight go when it comes at the hand of someone you trust and is after you let bygones be and you feel they screwed you again. Just an unrewarding vicious cycle.

From a human POV, I get that.

As a story, the whole "ugly duckling" schtick has as stale as Brooke's lone tear. This had been Katie's story since day one of the Heather Tom recast, going back to that bullshit missed prom crap.

When is it enough? She's got the rich hot husband like her sisters have had, she has a business, and was successful in her own right before Bill put her as a figurehead when he took over FC back in the day.

All that being said, fuck Brooke even more. I've only been subjected to Katie's nattering for a few years, most of which she was off screen for. Brooke OTOH I've seen pull this same routine far too many times to count over the last 17 years I've followed this show, but she's been pulling this crap since November of 87. I could almost feel sorry for her as a 22 year old, but a grown ass woman nearing retirement? GTFO.

• Love 9

And that is why my sympathies still largely lie with Katie on this one.  Brooke's status as the siren--or, rather, THE Siren--of Bell-A literally goes back decades, and her crazy-ass "following her heart" almost as long (certainly in the decade I've been watching this show), and in an almost literal sense every single woman on the show has lost to her at some point.  (Except Steffy, I suppose, but since that goes to the Quad of Doom Mark II...)  Not even Jan Brady had to deal with that kind of history; even if Katie intellectually realizes she may have "won" with the hot guy, and her own stuff at/with Spencer Publications, she's still not quite able to get past it.  That works, even if they're kind of pushing it a little more stridently than I would prefer.

• Love 7

Brooke, seriously? "I'm not going to stop being in love with your husband but I'll cut you a break and not take him away from you."

Of all the WTF lines on this show, this was one of the worst. Brooke has been my girl from day one, but she seriously thinks she'll get forgiveness after saying that???
  • Love 8

I so wish Katie had followed Brooke's "i'll cut you a break..." speech with "And I'll cut *you* a break by not smacking your face for saying that. Oh no wait, on second thought I won't. SMACK"

That line was the equivalent of 'I can have [bill] just like that. SNAP'

I liked Katie acknowledging that the thing that can ruin her and Bill is her insecurity  What she doesn't realize is that Bill can also ruin it. He may not think Brooke is the love of his life, but she's definitely the *lust* of his life.  Bill likes his family life with Katie and Will, but he's $Bill, The Stallion and neither of those personas like to be tied down.

• Love 10

That line was the equivalent of 'I can have [bill] just like that. SNAP'

This time she is right. Katie has good reason to be insecure. That was verbal equivalent of a fingersnap and she had Bill drooling. Bill may not want to lose Will but he'd dump Katie and be banging Brooke like a screen door in a hurricane if he could get away with it. 

Katie is being a pill but she really has no support, everyone is bending over backwards for poor lonely Brooke and probably secretly grateful she isn't after their man. Eric has lost his mind but I'm kind of use to him being a moron now and that saddens me.

• Love 4

Of all the WTF lines on this show, this was one of the worst. Brooke has been my girl from day one, but she seriously thinks she'll get forgiveness after saying that???

Considering that Katie expected Brooke to grovel for forgiveness, when she herself was insta-forgiven for cheating with Nick and with Ridge, I didn't really care much one way or the other about that line.

Plus, one cannot take someone else's partner. Said partner chooses to go. Putting is as taking away takes all the onus away from one's partner who is just as much to blame. I also have to wonder if that line, said while Bill was there, was said to make that very point, almost as if Brooke was taunting Bill by intimating she could just take him like he's some little toy she and Katie fight over because he has been gutless in all of this, letting her take all the blame and vitriol.

But perhaps that's giving TPTB too much credit. After all, it's pretty clear Brooke has been used as a punching bag for years, made to pay for her mistakes while everyone else's halos and teflon exteriors remain intact.

On a related note, please, please, please, let Bridget have a scene with Katie where she tells her to stop with the waterworks and consider this karma. 

• Love 3