Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Read elsewhere that on B&B Detective Hardon is going to be Doctor Hardon. All I'm hoping is that he's not going to turn out to be a d-bag user like Ridge or a tool like Bill whose tool always points toward Brooke. Fingers crossed that the doctor will actually be a good man.

Then he'll likely be the doctor Katie called yesterday because she had a few things to talk about at his earliest appointment.  

• Love 3

I would have thrown Stephanie's portrait in the trash anyway for reasons I've already posted about.

I don't disagree that  Stephanie's money helped start FC, but it wasn't the end-all be-all. Eric contributed greatly to the success and no doubt brought in millions of dollars that far surpassed Stephanie's original investment. Also, while the investment certainly helped, something tells me that Ridge wasn't brought home from the hospital to the mansion but a much more modest home. I would imagine the early years of FC were pretty lean. So I don't buy the argument that it's all Stephanie's home and I think if she were here, she would agree that the house is just as much Eric's home as it was her home.

Of course, Stephanie would think her precious should get to move right on in, but she's gone now and if she had wanted Ridge to have the house, she could have left it to him in her will. She left it to Eric so he gets to decide, not his too old for this nonsense sons, who lives in the house. Speaking of Eric, how disrespectful of his sons to act as if he's already dead and gone.

I don't follow the analogy of Thomas and Steffy laying claim to Brooke's home because it's Brooke's home. She shared it for a time with Ridge, but it has always been her home whereas the Forrester mansion legally belongs to Eric now and it was owned jointly by Eric and Stephanie for the better part of several decades. 

Ultimately, I don't care who owns what or who lived where with whom for how long - they are grown men and they need to get their own separate houses like big boys.

I have to agree, though, that I can't believe I'm debating the points of over grown men living in daddy's home.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 7

Remember the good ol days when the young kids wanted to move away from under their parents' thumb? Yanno, like Caroline I getting her own place after her father busted up her wedding to Ridge and when Donna and her boyfriend Mark were struggling to pay the rent in their dinky studio?

It's annoying enough that none of the kids bother with their own places but Ridge is about the same age as Eric was at the beginning of this show. This is as stupid as Thorne and Felicia boohooing about wanting mummy and daddy being together when they both had young children to worry about.

• Love 4

I'm all for getting a physical from Dr. HardOn! Sounds like he'll be a love interest for that dull dish rag Katie. But, with this show's attention span, he'll probably be free of her in no time. But then they'll probably pawn him off on Brooke. Can a man ever get free of the Logans?

• Love 2

If Rick is so concerned about his mother being alone, than move in with her and take Maya and Nicole with you. Rick is in Eric's house for no other reason than to piss on Ridge. But in pissing on Ridge, Eric is too much of a dolt to realize that Rick is pissing on him.

To Maya's credit, she realized that it was only for a few days. I wasn't crazy about the transgender issue being brought up once again. It had nothing to do with that and everything to do with Stephanie's place in her home. Rick's comparison of Stephanie to Maya was also very disrespectful and I hope Eric realizes it. What has "the lead model" ever done to earn anyone's respect in the realm of FC. If Rick wants to go from old to new, than put up Steffy's portrait. Did I just say that?

• Love 11

If Rick is so concerned about his mother being alone, than move in with her and take Maya and Nicole with you. Rick is in Eric's house for no other reason than to piss on Ridge. But in pissing on Ridge, Eric is too much of a dolt to realize that Rick is pissing on him.

To Maya's credit, she realized that it was only for a few days. I wasn't crazy about the transgender issue being brought up once again. It had nothing to do with that and everything to do with Stephanie's place in her home. Rick's comparison of Stephanie to Maya was also very disrespectful and I hope Eric realizes it. What has "the lead model" ever done to earn anyone's respect in the realm of FC. If Rick wants to go from old to new, than put up Steffy's portrait. Did I just say that?

It was disrespectful...to Maya.

Maya has pulled some nasty tricks in her day, but until she orchestrates the rape of another human being, I don't want to hear anymore about how Maya isn't fit to lick Stephanie's boots. 

• Love 5

I assumed the doctor Katie called was a psychiatrist. Oh no...please tell me he's not the new Taylor!!!

You mean the Taylor that took advantage of her dying patient to prey on her soon-to-be-widowed husband?

Please no.

My dream scenario would be for Dr. Hardon to keep his relationship with Katie strictly professional (imagine that?) but that she becomes obsessed with him. He meets Brooke and there is a spark, then a friendship, then who knows? Yes, I know, there's a HUGE gaping 16-year age difference but it's a far shorter gap than we've seen (LAD's Jackie and BB's Owen had a 26-year age difference). And the life would be sucked right out of him having to woo that lemon-sucker Katie who either needs to get drunk and stumble into Deacon's path so he can play the fixer to her wounded-bird routine or she could resume the status quo with pussified husband Bill.

• Love 2

You mean the Taylor that took advantage of her dying patient to prey on her soon-to-be-widowed husband?

Please no.

I was thinking more on the lines of a self righteous hypocrite, but this works too :)
  • Love 3

I did "like" Ridge's (nonsensical) rationale that too much of Rick's presence was keeping his other siblings from visiting.  Until last year, Rick lived in the guest house.  What was their excuse for the decade before this move?  Heck, what was Ridge's excuse for not visiting for those 5 years or whatever inbetween Ronnnnnnnn Moss' departure and TK's appearance?

• Love 4

I was thinking more on the lines of a self righteous hypocrite, but this works too :)

Same difference. Taylor went on banging the drum for decades about Brooke's manipulations. But she herself barely waited til Caroline was buried before moving in on Ridge, hid her Big Bear boink with James for over a decade, hid Thomas's paternity from Ridge for the entire pregnancy then used him to split Ridge and Brooke up....and that's all before her return from the dead that had her banging Stephen, Rick (after Phoebe had dated him) and Eric, along with using Katie's insecurity about Brill to get back at Brooke.

I can't believe I ever liked Taylor over Brooke.

• Love 6

It was disrespectful...to Maya.

Maya has pulled some nasty tricks in her day, but until she orchestrates the rape of another human being, I don't want to hear anymore about how Maya isn't fit to lick Stephanie's boots.

I'm sorry CG, I stand corrected. Maya is fit to lick Stephanie's boots. Maybe Stephanie doesn't deserve to have her portrait hung over the fireplace for being a manipulative ruthless bitch but what has Maya done to deserve that honor beside being Rick's wife? IMO both portraits are hideous and should be replaced by a M.C. Escher.

• Love 9

Wasn't Taylor and alcoholic too? Why are all the women drunk on this show. Oh gawd!

I did "like" Ridge's (nonsensical) rationale that too much of Rick's presence was keeping his other siblings from visiting.  Until last year, Rick lived in the guest house.  What was their excuse for the decade before this move?  Heck, what was Ridge's excuse for not visiting for those 5 years or whatever inbetween Ronnnnnnnn Moss' departure and TK's appearance?

Ridge can't call the kettle black without overflowing himself. Rick and Ridge despise each other because they're so much alike, they're the biggest bullies in the family. God help their siblings.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 7

Slayer2, Taylor became an alcoholic when Ridge left her for being a hypocrite. As stupid as that story was, it was still one that took months to fully play out. I remember Macy was one as well, and I'm sure it was over a man, as is B&B tradition.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

i have to wonder how much time and effort the writers put into crafting "clever" (albeit cheesy) lines for Dawn Wells and Orson Bean to utter during like, what? 30 seconds or so of screen time? Just think what they could do if they'd expend the same energy on the regular full-time cast? /eyeroll.

BTW: Here's what that cocktail party scene needed to throw it OTT

Eric: "Have some champagne and you must try these lovely banana-coconut cream tarts that Pam baked herself."

DW's character: "Thanks, but I'd prefer some ginger ale. Got any lemon bars hanging around?" (ba-da-bing!)

Really. That's how obnoxious the whole thing was. Why even bother?  Was the older woman with the short feathered sandy-colored hair and glasses somebody or importance? She had more screen time than Dawn Wells did.

Anyway, I don't give a rip whose portrait should be hanging in the Forrester manse. That room has more than one wall. Can't Maya's portrait go someplace else in the living room?  Yeah, it is just stirring shit up between Ridge and Rick. Rick was like a spoiled toddler who said he'd hold his breath until he turned blue. You're also right that Eric is useless. Get some balls. When he asked about Jackie the other day, I was all for him jetting off in hot pursuit. Maybe Jackie's off with Sally Spectra on her continuous-loop cruise through the Bermuda Triangle.

ITA that Bill most certainly could have discussed Katie's situation with Brooke over the phone. Brooke's and Katie's "alcoholism" is a joke. If Katie, as Bill said, could barely finish a glass of wine with dinner, she's not going to be able to tolerate slamming back straight bourbon all day. For starters, she'd probably throw up all over the place or pass out. (I don't really count her falling asleep on the sofa the other night as passing out.) Katie's only been behaving that way for a few days now.

What rubs me the wrong way is Bill boasting about how he's able to drink and can "handle alcohol." Excuse me? Didn't Bill sideswipe Brooke's car when he was driving drunk? That not only shows inability to manage the amount he's drinking, but the accompanying poor judgment as well. HE should also be abstaining, or at least dialing it way back, such as in not slamming back the drinks at the office. But when the women seek solace in alcohol to get them thought some tough times (I'm not saying that's a smart decision) they are branded as teetotalers and sent immediately to AA. Katie needs professional help. She's already a hot mess if she abruptly stopped taking antidepressants and who knows how alcohol interacts with her heart meds.

It's so lame and it will end right after February sweeps. We'll have a few more days of loony Katie spewing booze-fueled vitriol at Brooke, then I guess she'll go see Dr. Hardon.

If any character should actually lose it completely and become a raging alcoholic, I nominate Wyatt -- especially when it come out about Quilliam.

• Love 8
If any character should actually lose it completely and become a raging alcoholic, I nominate Wyatt -- especially when it come out about Quilliam.

Seriously.  Finding out your mother slept with your brother under ordinary circumstances would be enough to drive one to drink.  Finding out that she slept with him while she's been hiding him at her cabin and he's dealing with amnesia, so she told him they were a married couple?  Yikes.  Is there enough booze in L.A. for that? 

• Love 9

Whenever I see the Maya portrait, all I can think of is "Hooker Madam Sitting In Her Ho-House".  This isn't to say Maya IS a Ho, but that portrait is so freaking cheesy that she looks like some old madam at the Chicken Ranch.

I agree! The first time I posted about it, I called it the Bordello Portrait. She looks like a old time French Quarter Madam in it.

• Love 10

Speaking of Maya's portrait ... why would the head of a fashion house, cosmetics or hair products company, etc., have a portrait of its current lead model in a prominent place in the living room of their house? As fickle as appearance-oriented companies are (and Forrester men) that seems like a rather fleeting fancy. (I doubt that a portrait of Kendall Jenner is hanging over the main fireplace in the family home of Estee Lauder...)

I can see a life-sized photo of the flavor du jour hanging at the company HQ, but not a formal oil portrait.

In this situation, I am on Team Ridge. As a co-founder of FC and family matriarch, Stephanie's portrait should reign. Sorry, Maya.

• Love 10

I don't know. I feel like too much and too little is being made of this portrait, simultaneously.

All of the women leads of the show around 2013/2014 have similar portraits hanging around Forrester Creations (Brooke, Hope, Caroline, Katie and Maya).  Rick just took the one of Maya and hung it up during his tirade last year. He actually planned to take it down before Eric got back from his jaunt around the world with John but Eric came back early and surprised him by saying that he should keep it up there and that this was Rick's home now. So now Rick has a portrait of his wife up on the wall. Big whoop. I think Rick just mentioned the lead model thing as a way to try to deflate Ridge's reasoning because Maya is also a part of the company.

I've never really liked Ridge, so, even though slayer2 is correct in saying that Rick and Ridge are so similar, I usually find myself agreeing with Rick more. Ridge doesn't even live there, Eric gave his blessing for Rick to put the portrait up, but when Eric calls Ridge on the passive-agressiveness of his actions he a) feigns ignorance and b) whines that Rick didn't call him he decided to take Stephanie's portrait down. Well, yeah, he was still reeling from the fact that Ridge was making out with his wife for weeks behind his back, so...  And Ridge is doing all of this as a man in his "50s" which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous to me.

• Love 2

Maya pulled a Brooke when she was making a move on Rick, the "the love of her life". Caroline and Ridge kissing, IMO, was Rick's excuse to go back to Maya knowing that she was available. Most men do not end one relationship unless another one is available. Rick, who was suppose to repair his marriage was already boinking Maya "in the tub of love". The divorce was not finalized when Rick and Maya moved into Eric's house and put Maya's portrait over the mantle. Eric had to placate his son even after he was tricked into signing the CFO agreement. Once again I say that either portrait is ludicrous but Maya's portrait stands, IMO, as a symbol of Rick's resentment towards Ridge and to bolster his ego than his love for Maya.

If you look at the two portraits closely, Stephanie is made to look 10 years younger while Maya is made to look 10 years older. In addition, Stephanie has the look of a controlling condescending bitch as does Maya but the difference is that Stephanie's portrait looks contemporary while Maya's portrait looks like it belongs in a 19th century brothel.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 10

Taylor went on banging the drum for decades about Brooke's manipulations. But she herself barely waited til Caroline was buried before moving in on Ridge

What really frosted me about that is how Taylor told Brooke that she needed to stay away from Ridge to "let him grieve," when the truth was she needed Brooke to stay away so she could get him all for herself.

IMO both portraits are hideous and should be replaced by a M.C. Escher.

Awwwww I kind of like Stephanie and her permanent sneer of disapproval.  Maya on the other hand...yep, definitely brothel vibes from that portrait.

Is there enough booze in L.A. for that?

Probably not, since it looks like Katie is tearing through all the booze in L.A. :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

How is it that Wyatt has still not figured out that whenever he is interested in someone Liam's involved with and Liam goes missing / is delayed / is not where he's supposed to be, it always comes out that his mother was involved?  This time, especially, is so glaring.  Liam's missing, Quinn is missing, Quinn keeps calling to check up on Wyatt and Steffy, though normally, she'd be reveling in their involvement on a first hand basis.  This is one of the reasons I never liked Chickenhead. I just don't understand how you can actively pursue your brother's fiancee.  Twice. 

• Love 4

Maya's portrait looks like it belongs in a 19th century brothel.

I believe that the picture was from a photo shoot that was done for a real magazine overseas a few years ago? I could be mistaken, but there is a gorgeous one of Caroline lying on the ground looking up with the photographer standing behind her- it is in the photo shoot room- and one of Hope in a flowy gown in the main hall way across from Pam. These were taken at the same time. I always notice those two pictures and how lovely they are. I think KLL was part of the shoot as well. I tried Googling to figure out the magazine, but was unsuccessful. 

It's always been personal with her about Liam because she resents his getting all the love and attention that she feels her son should have and that she is partly responsible for his not having by not telling Bill about him back in the day. Even if Bill didn't love her, he'd have at least probably attempted to have a relationship with his son.

Actually, Quinn did tell Bill about Wyatt when she first became pregnant. Bill's response? He gave Quinn money to obtain an abortion. Not exactly the epitome of a loving Daddy-to-be! No wonder Wyatt always feels like second best. It's always really aggravated me how Show just glosses over this egregious behaviour but I guess that's just par for the course where Dollah Bill is concerned

Edited by Kittykatkins
  • Love 1

How is it that Wyatt has still not figured out that whenever he is interested in someone Liam's involved with and Liam goes missing / is delayed / is not where he's supposed to be, it always comes out that his mother was involved? This time, especially, is so glaring. Liam's missing, Quinn is missing, Quinn keeps calling to check up on Wyatt and Steffy, though normally, she'd be reveling in their involvement on a first hand basis. This is one of the reasons I never liked Chickenhead. I just don't understand how you can actively pursue your brother's fiancee. Twice.

It's a convenient dumbing down of the character to push the story. It's really just a stupid story all around.

• Love 2

There are some Stormy situations brewing in Bell LA. Bill sent a text to Brooke saying “I’ve Just Gotta Get A Message To You”, but he did not Seal It With A Kiss, so Brooke knew it was Urgent. When Katie discovers this duplicity, she gets Paranoid, and fears that Brooke wants to Get Back In The Saddle. But Katie isn’t crying her normal 96 Tears this time; oh no, Katie has decided to Draw The Line and won’t be Beating Around The Bush with Sister Golden Hair anymore. Hightailing it to the Spencer Estate, Katie overhears Miss Goody Two Shoes and Bill talking; breaking up their discussion Katie declares “don’t try and tell me my fears are Just My Imagination, if you think I am going to Hold The Line, well You’ve Got Another Thing Coming”. Turning to Bill she says “how could you bring her into Our House? Don’t you know She Is A Must To Avoid?” Bill and Brooke desperately tell Katie it’s only that they don’t want her to turn into a Honky Tonk Woman, and that drinking is Bad Medicine. Katie laughs and says “right, Let’s Work Together. If I want to drink, that is My Prerogative. I won’t allow you two to Bend Me And Shape Me.” Brooke, crying her single tear, and putting on her best kindergarten voice says “Katie, please, We Can Work It Out.” But Katie ain’t having none of it and says “listen up Lady Willpower, It’s Too Late! You may have come here innocently, but you still had Your Backfield In Motion, acting like miss Hot Stuff, but that is what Bad Girls do right? Well, for me it is just the Same Old Song And Dance, and leaving you alone with my husband is Flirting With Disaster. I know how it goes, One Thing Leads To Another, and you decide that you would rather be Giving The Dog A Bone, so don’t act like Little Miss Innocent with me.” Brooke, hurt, breaks into a million Bits And Pieces; unable to believe Katie has developed such a Heart Of Glass, and turns A Whiter Shade Of Pale.

Over at the Forrester Manse, the Traveling Man has returned with The Eye Of The Tiger, making it clear that he is Back For More, and is fully prepared to Bring Da Ruckus.  Eric is concerned when he see’s Stephanie’s portrait, but Ridge tells him that he is prepared for a Showdown with Little Ricky, and intends to Fight The Good Fight.  Eric tells Ridge “you know Rick is an Angry Young Man; you’re his Big Brother, why do you want to start a Revolution with him?” Ridge shrugs saying “I Don’t Care Anymore dad, Rick Ain’t Heavy But He’s My Brother, and I Will Not Bow to him. We are going to have a nice Party tonight; I intend to show off my beautiful Lady In Red, while we all drink Sweet Cherry Wine. Tonight is going to be about My Generation, in The House That Built Me, the house that bears Reflections Of My Life.” Rick arrives and immediately breaks out in a Fever, telling Ridge “You’re So Vain! You know, you make me want to Break Stuff; I am just so mad I feel like Breaking The Law.” Rick goes on to say “Having Maya’s portrait up there is a Sign O’ The Times, what, do you think this is Yesterday? Turning towards and pointing at Stephanie’s portrait he says “or the Thugz Mansion?” Ridge see’s red with that remark, and tells Rick “that brings you One Step Closer Little Ricky. I swear I’ll Whip Ya Head Boy, you will think you are Free Fallin.” Rick stamps his foot, as his face contorts, and he shouts “I Hate Everything About You, why don’t you just Die MF Die!! Furthermore, Maya and me? Well, We’re Not Gonna Take It!” Ridge crosses his arms and tilts his head as he says, “Carry On Wayward Son, and tells Rick “I’ll be watching Every Move You Make”.

To be continued……..

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12

Rick and Ridge...get your own damn homes for your growing families. All those millions and they want to live with mummy and/or daddy.

And Katie...shut up. Your husband invited Brooke to your home. Perhaps you need to be worried about why. I'm already tired of this alcoholic storyline. It's just a reason for her to call Brooke a slut and lash out.

And Maya's portrait does remind of those Madam of a brothel in the 19th century. The attire, the hairstyle, etc. look very old.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 4

I did "like" Ridge's (nonsensical) rationale that too much of Rick's presence was keeping his other siblings from visiting.  Until last year, Rick lived in the guest house.  What was their excuse for the decade before this move?  Heck, what was Ridge's excuse for not visiting for those 5 years or whatever inbetween Ronnnnnnnn Moss' departure and TK's appearance?

Ridge can GTFO with that nonsense. He didn't even show up to his own mother's funeral because he was too busy pouting in Paris. 

And last time I checked, Thorne, Felicia and Kristen are Rick's siblings as well and yes, as you said, Rick was living in the guest house. I wouldn't care a whole heck of a lot about Thorne or Felicia, who were 40 somethings crying about Mommy and Daddy not reuniting. 

I'm sorry CG, I stand corrected. Maya is fit to lick Stephanie's boots. Maybe Stephanie doesn't deserve to have her portrait hung over the fireplace for being a manipulative ruthless bitch but what has Maya done to deserve that honor beside being Rick's wife? IMO both portraits are hideous and should be replaced by a M.C. Escher.

I wholeheartedly agree that both portraits suck and no, Maya hasn't done anything except play lady of the manor to have her portrait up there. I'm surprised Nicole isn't demanding that she have her portrait painted, considering she's the one incubating and birthin' the Forrester heir.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 2

I like this solution to the portrait problem. 

I wonder what Caroline and Ridge will name their son. Ridge Jr. is taken. Caroline and Ridge haven't honeymooned anywhere for them to name him after where the wee one was conceived (Like Thomas). Guess the money is on Stephen after his (great) grandma. Wonder how Steffy would take that? Funnily enough Brooke's dad is also named Stephen.

• Love 4

Yay! If Eric didn't grow a pair, he at least grew one. He should have gone further and slapped Ricky upside the head for disrespecting him like that. It's Eric's house. If he wants to put a picture of Hello Kitty over the mantle, it's his prerogative. Rick is such a titty baby with his tantrums and ultimatums. Too bad he and Myron didn't check into the Hotel Cortez.

Someone please get Katie some waterproof mascara!!

• Love 9

Wasn't that swell?

Ridge stages another territorial coup with No True Scotsman ... er ... Forrester, and Eric goes all wet and goopy over not being berated regularly by Stephanie.

Rick yelps about being out-maneuvered ... AGAIN, and has to move kith and kin into Brooke's mansion.

It took 3 episodes for everyone to get a bed in nice digs, and the future grandparents each get a grandchild to swaddle.

• Love 6
Yay! If Eric didn't grow a pair, he at least grew one. He should have gone further and slapped Ricky upside the head for disrespecting him like that. It's Eric's house.

To be fair, it's Eric's house and he's allowing Rick to live there.  Ridge's claim on it is specious at best, yet that didn't stop him from making decisions that didn't include either of the other 2 men.  Caroline just standing there with a stupid smile on her face as Ridge acted like a jerk sunk her even further in my eyes.  Rick dragging Maya off was silly, but I did sympathize with him in the sense Ridge is the boss at work and now he's going to be the boss of a house he doesn't even live in or own?

Just when I thought I was finally rid of this show, it gives me some Ridge jackassery to focus on and complain about.

• Love 5

So Waffles has been gone at least a week and his loved ones don't give a fuck and make no effort to find him. Alrighty then

And in that time Quinn is supposedly in love with him and Steffy is banging his brother. It's all so bad.

• Love 4

Rick storming out with the portrait in hand and heading over to mommy's house was hilarious !

I hope the portrait war never ends.

How old is Rick, 12? I'm taking my ball and I'm going to have my mommy give me milk and cookies and make it all better. I knew Nicole was going to be mentioned about moving in also but what about Zende? I bet Nicole won't move without him. I hope Rick's head explodes when he hears that Ridge is moving into Eric's house. I just hope that we don't have anymore Thomas creeping around Caroline. But, by living with Thonas, there is more of opportunity for Thomas to find out he's the father. But POD could also make an appearance at FC.

Katie holds a drink and clearly states she is not an alcoholic. It's like the Pope saying Trump is a good Christian.

• Love 7

Rick storming out with the portrait in hand and heading over to mommy's house was hilarious !

Ah yes, nothing says "I'm a grownup" like stomping out of Daddy's house and moving in with Mommy.

Katie holds a drink and clearly states she is not an alcoholic. It's like the Pope saying Trump is a good Christian.

Ha! Good one :)

Katie I have 3 words for you...Lancome Hypnose waterproof, you might want to try it.

• Love 8

So Waffles has been gone at least a week and his loved ones don't give a fuck and make no effort to find him. Alrighty then

In relative fairness, IIRC, Quinn sent a text from Liam's phone to Bill at some point saying he was off getting his head on straight or something. It was glossed over, but at least it was there.

As for today's episode: I really wish they had followed up on Caroline's "Whaaaaat...?" face when Ridge suggested they move into House Forrester. Just one scene of him convincing her it was a good idea would have been nice. And I'm honestly lukewarm on the idea that Gandalf is crashing at the guest house because the main house doesn't feel like home any more; it works, but it's SO DAMN CONVENIENT.

OTOH, Katie finally got to ask Bill the questions she should have asked weeks ago...and I'm not sure if his answers were completely genuine. But then she said she couldn't live without him, and that just made things worse...

• Love 3

Rick actually left the portrait propped up by the staircase. I wish Little Ricky had tried to haul that big ass thing out of there before finally giving up.

Katie, Brooke didn't "steal" your husband. For one thing, a person can't be stolen unless he is kidnapped like Liam. For another, you practically handed Bill over to Brooke on a silver platter.

• Love 4

Re: Today's show ... I get the impression that Sludge is unaware that Thomas accompanied Caroline to the ER when she had the early contractions? Otherwise I can't see him not being OK with Thomas knowing that a (his?) son is on the way. As for names, how about Ritz? It sorta rhymes Ridge, sounds pseudo-pretentiously unusual  (e.g. Ridge, Thorne, Macy, etc.) and could also be a possible sly nod to the hotel where he might have been conceived? (LOL!)

So now the manses of magically multiplying rooms have ample room for whichever way the alliances shift ...

I predict that Zende will opt to stay behind at grandpa's house, thus splintering the shakily happy extended family. That will leave the door wide open (literally) for Sasha to pounce in for the kill. You know there's no way in hell that Maya's not keeping Nicole firmly under her nose.

Caroline's baby belly looks so ridiculously fake. You mean she didn't gain a single ounce anywhere else on her body? I know there lucky women who appear to be all baby, but c'mon.

Props to today's writing team. Katie's alcohol-tinged nonsensical blustering actually sounded pretty true to form for a change. Usually the "drunk" scripts are so maudlin and melodramatic whining or self-reflective hyperbole. You could see Katie trying to remain indignant, while her inner demons started pouring out right along with the tears. (Oh, and yes, please get some better mascara. It makes me think that HT and her makeup artist are doing that on purpose to be OTT. You really can't find any mascara today that isn't waterproof -- even for contacts wearers.)

If Bill thinks that Katie has a serious alcohol problem, wouldn't her therapist (the mysterious doctor she called) be a better choice to invite over? Going to the source of the problem for the solution didn't seem like the brightest idea. Also, if Brooke truly had an alcohol problem (which I challenge) she really  hasn't been sober long enough herself to try to offer support to Katie. Anway, I'm glad there was a weak nod to depression today -- and how it's not always just post-partum.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 8