Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Eric's been a pushover for a while, but this is goddamn ridiculous. Ridge is damn near retirement age himself,he can buy his own damn house. And Rick, too, for that matter. But no, the both of them would rather stand on their front paws to see which of them can piss on the highest part of the wall (Ridge obviously. Jacob Young!Rick doesn't stand a chance). I miss the good ol days when the children on their show wanted to earn their way in life and not pay lip service to the idea to bang the interns.

Seriously, tptb's handling of sibling relationship is so childish! I don't know even what else to say about this.

• Love 2

I could not stop laughing at Quinn's expectant crazy eyes when Steffy announced she had a message from Liam.  As much of a mess as this story is, and it is a mess, RS is making it at least a watchable mess.  

• Love 12

Oops...I have to correct myself, because it's all coming back to me. Damn undiagnosed ADD!

Liam's very first meal upon waking up was miso soup. I remember being impressed (and finding it kind of sweet) that Quinn was respecting his dietary choices, and then I was disappointed when she later fed him the roast beef sandwich.

I guess my undiagnosed ADD is worse than yours, I don't remember the miso soup, just the roast beef sandwich!
  • Love 1

Love triangles now include Brooke and Thomas professing their love to Caroline and Bill who are married and Wyatt for his brother's fiancée. Thomas is still an ass hate. He knew Caroline didn't want to rehash the "incident" but he continued to make himself feel better. With Brooke, Bill was a willing recipient and Brooke's only regret is that Katie heard her.

Quinn's smile/smirk whatever you want to call it reminded me of the Mona Lisa. Both have the straight dark hair and the smile/smirk that says I know something that nobody else knows.

Liam has the same dumb look on his face no matter if he knows who he is or not. The wheels are not turning because the hamster is on strike.

Unless Liam has food allergies and is a vegetarian by choice, he wouldn't necessarily have a reaction to eating meat.

• Love 11

Is it just me, or does no one give a shit about Liam and being "missing"?  If I were gone for days at a time, my family would be jumping on it like a crow on a junebug.  So, no one misses Liam and wonders where the hell he is?  That's not normal.  If my sister went missing for even a day, I'd be calling the cops and all that.  

Don't you all wonder what Bratz sees when she looks at herself in the mirror?  Does she see what most of us see, a plastic, fake looking doll who looks far too old for her age?  

I don't think THIS Thomas could have chemistry with anyone.  I just don't think he's a good enough actor.  

• Love 7

Another day, another recycled script, so I took the liberty of making a few improvements:

Steffy about Liam: "I don't even know what I did, because it couldn't have been when I jumped into bed with Wyatt in my undies, and not to mention all of the other crap I've pulled on him over the past four or five years."

Quinn to Steffy: "It's bad news, isn't it? I can see it written all over your plastic, immovable face."

• Love 12

Liam has the same dumb look on his face no matter if he knows who he is or not. The wheels are not turning because the hamster is on strike.

Come to think of it, he now has a weird slow way of speaking. I didn't think having amnesia made you mentally challenged as well (of course this is debatable since this is Liam we're talking about)

Unless Liam has food allergies and is a vegetarian by choice, he wouldn't necessarily have a reaction to eating meat.

I came across this article:

http://sciencenordic.com/does-meat-make-vegetarians-ill

Professor Bjørn Skålhegg of the University of Oslo’s Department of Nutrition concurs. Nothing would indicate that the bodies of vegetarians should reject meats.

“A person might have a little problem if he or she started right out on a huge steak. Their body might not have sufficient levels of the right enzymes. Along the same lines it can be hard to digest any large meal after a long fast or period of starvation,” he says.

I'm sure Liam wouldn't get deathly ill, but I do think Quinn's deception goes beyond "quirky mean", which I think is what they are going for.

Is it just me, or does no one give a shit about Liam and being "missing"?  If I were gone for days at a time, my family would be jumping on it like a crow on a junebug.

Same here. I think Bill got one text from him (well Quinn) about how he's going away to clear his head or some such nonsense, but can't they see that it doesn't make any sense for Liam to do something like that? Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I'm sure Liam wouldn't get deathly ill, but I do think Quinn's deception goes beyond "quirky mean", which I think is what they are going for.

I don't think this story is really funny or quirky.  Quinn just comes across flat out scary insane.  She is falling in love with a twisted fantasy.  This isn't just about Wyatt anymore.  She wants to keep this fantasy life going with Liam.  This is so f'd up and I'm going to break my TV if this story ends with Liam seriously caring about Quinn.  He should view her exactly as Deacon said - evil.  Shitty mom or no shitty mom - and in that he should question whether she was lying through her teeth.

• Love 9
Same here. I think Bill got one text from him (well Quinn) about how he's going away to clear his head or some such nonsense, but can't they see that it doesn't make any sense for Liam to do something like that?

They should all know by now that, if Liam hits a speed bump in his relationship with a woman, he doesn't go off to clear his head, he just proposes to the first woman he sees. They should be checking all the quickie wedding chapels for him. 

• Love 17

Come to think of it, he now has a weird slow way of speaking. I didn't think having amnesia made you mentally challenged as well (of course this is debatable since this is Liam we're talking about)

They have had Liam's head injury get progressively worse. He was fine after the initial hit and over the course of a couple of days had balance issues, passed out, and then amnesia. Liam's head injury could still be getting progressively worse and affect more areas of his brain and thus more symptoms begin to pop up so it's not unusual if his speech centers and motor control could also become more affected.

What this all means is that Quinn sucks as she's dithers about 'falling in love' with a man whose slow demise to either a vegetative state or death she's witnessing and not doing a darned thing about.

• Love 6

They have had Liam's head injury get progressively worse. He was fine after the initial hit and over the course of a couple of days had balance issues, passed out, and then amnesia. Liam's head injury could still be getting progressively worse and affect more areas of his brain and thus more symptoms begin to pop up so it's not unusual if his speech centers and motor control could also become more affected.

Makes sense, in real life that is very likely. However, I have a feeling this is something TPTB don't get, and this is SC's attempt to "act like he has amnesia."
  • Love 2

Is it just me, or does no one give a shit about Liam and being "missing"? If I were gone for days at a time, my family would be jumping on it like a crow on a junebug. So, no one misses Liam and wonders where the hell he is? That's not normal.

There have been countless missing person stories on this show and every single time in the past if that person was missing, someone raised the alarm, be it when Brooke took off after losing custody of her two oldest children, when Ridge came up missing after Brooke tossed him on his ass and a series of unfortunate events led him into Morgan's clutches, the time Morgan kidnapped Taylor,or the time Stephanie lost her memories and ended up in skid row.

The other soaps have been passed around like a bong at a Jamaican reggae party between increasingly incompetent head writters, but Brad Bell has been involved with the show since day one. This was his father's legacy to his children, which is why it's not owned by Sony like Y&R. Does he just not care? Even as badly as his sister in law butchered Y&R and wrote Adam into a hole so deep you could run a bullet train through it to Beijing, there were still glimmers of Bell Sr's original vision. She wasn't afraid to revisit old characters and stories (the results of such decisions....ehhhhh).

Hell, why not just have her be a co-EP? The show won't be any worse off,and mabye she'd find a way to work the surviving Spectra clan back into the fold, given that she created Sally herself (no, really!).

• Love 3
he wouldn't necessarily

I don't think "wouldn't necessarily" is the same as "wouldn't". Anecdotally, long-time vegans/vegetarians have had adverse reactions to consuming meat suddenly. I think in his already weakened state, Liam might be more likely to react badly. IMO, Quinn made a deliberately mean choice to have Liam do something he wouldn't were it not for his amnesia. It's more of the "no informed consent" issue, AFAIC, and one that someone among TPTB seems to me not to understand. Whatever, it doesn't appear that whatever Liam's eaten has left him any worse for the wear physically.

So what's up with the sudden mea culpas from Thomas? Are they trying to redeem the character now? Ugh, if Caroline and Thomas end up together because the baby turns out to be his...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

I LOVE

Bridget and Ashley Jones. I'm delighted she's coming back, its a shame its to be Broke's sounding board instead of a story of her own. Ha maybe a redux with Deacon? Maybe starting a business with Vivienne?

Since Bridget is my favorite character on this soap I always have a hard time when Katie gets santimonious. Bitch I remember what you did quit playing.

At them same time I feel like Broke is a trifflin, selfish, and a bit sleazy. So I have no idea who to side with their rift.

• Love 5

Thomas's apology tour (get off the forums, TPTB!) wouldn't have been that bad if he hadn't gone all the way to "Yeah, I think I might want kids someday." Seriously, that was as subtle as Quinn's "Here we go (barely concealed squee)" face or Steffy's overly theatrical gasp upon seeing she had finally received a message from Liam. OTOH, at least Wyatt didn't look thirsty today.

And the recurring red flag of Liam's left eye either twitching or just seeming off makes me wonder if the show is going to go all the way to some sort of major brain issue for him, requiring surgery... which will let him get his memory back...eventually?

• Love 4
Waldo13, on 11 Feb 2016 - 2:21 PM, said:

Love triangles now include Brooke and Thomas professing their love to Caroline and Bill who are married and Wyatt for his brother's fiancée. Thomas is still an ass hate. He knew Caroline didn't want to rehash the "incident" but he continued to make himself feel better. With Brooke, Bill was a willing recipient and Brooke's only regret is that Katie heard her.

I won't rehash Brooke deliberately notifying $Bill she's "still in fuck with him and let's not discuss it again so we don't upset my beloved sister" -- Bitch, please.

I posted this earlier to another forum member about Thomas's declaration today:

If the TIIC don't show the viewer Thomas's psychological and emotional progress toward this "change," then it's talk and never happened. My skepticism stems from Thomas being a historic shitheel from day one. His selfish and self-centered behavior is a constant. It's his fixation on specific women and how he treats them -- Deliberately marrying the daughter of Stephanie's maid to help her get a Green Card and antagonize his family, obsessing and then lying about having sex with Brooke to receive Forrester stock (Boinkberry Incident), the Hit-Em-And-Quit-Em Trifecta with Caitlin Ramirez/Amber Moore/Dayzee Leigh, conspiring with Steffy to keep Hope and Liam apart (he got Hope drunk to seduce her), his first go-round treating Caroline badly (she got involved with Rick), then raping drunk and drugged Caroline (knowing she was still in love with Ridge and still trying to take her away from Ridge), preying on Nicole and Ivy because he could.

Thomas has a lifetime of imperious and condescending behavior. It would be legitimate if he actually had done anything to earn it, but he's a rich man's son and walked into his position. Thomas has proved himself by being a Forrester first and that's how he treats everyone. For all the criticism Ridge has with Thomas's work at Forrester Creations, he still has a job -- There are no consequences for Thomas. Ridge knows Thomas raped Caroline when she was drunk and drugged, and all he done is harp on him for being irresponsible and violent -- AND Caroline still has to work in the same building with her rapist! It's disgusting.

Today's "confession," if it can be called that, is another maneuver Thomas uses to manipulate Caroline into championing his "change" with Ridge, and relieve his guilt. There's no humility or regret in Thomas, and never has been. Thomas is the thief who is very, very sorry he got caught. Thomas needs Ridge to be more accepting of his design work so he can be the younger Big Man On The Forrester Creations Roster. It's all about Thomas getting back in Ridge's good graces and another round up in Caroline's pants, one way or the other.

Thomas doesn't care that he's abusing his rape victim all over again by telling her his actions on Rape Night were out of love.

Burn In Hell Bastard!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 23
Thomas doesn't care that he's abusing his rape victim all over again by telling her his actions on Rape Night were out of love.

Yep.  The guy who raped me in college pulled the same "love" crap on me, saying how it was "beautiful" because "we're in love."  Naturally, I wanted to punch Thomas in the balls when he started spouting that shit.  

The show definitely doesn't want to put legitimate work into fixing Thomas.  "Oh, we'll just keep him off screen for a while, and then we'll bring him back on talking about how he's different now, and emphasize how he sexually assaulted his 'friend' out of love.  That'll take care of it!" 

• Love 16

I'm so sorry that happened, KerleyQ :(

But given the demographic this show reaches, along with the increasing awareness of such attacks, you'd think someone in charge would have noticed how completely sick this makes Thomas (and that was already a high bar to clear given his obsession with Brooke and having attempted to kill Rick twice in the same month).

• Love 8

At minimum, they could have Thomas realize that, despite what he thinks about that night, it is something that Caroline feels violated by, so he needs to cut the shit about "love" and leave her alone.  He shouldn't be about defending that night, and he should understand that she trusted him as a friend when she was emotional and vulnerable, and he exploited that in the absolute worst way.  

• Love 15

Amen to all the above. The final slap in the face was the WTF sudden declaration of wanting to be a father. Well, buddy, you're about to get your wish (I hope not) sooner than you think. If something happens to Caroline or the baby on Thomas's watch ...

I seem to recall the miso soup vs. roast beef conversation and had the impression that Quinn gave Liam that sandwich because he didn't like the miso soup he'd had before. It was either facial expressions or voice inflections that made me think that.

Ha! Ha! Laughed today when Quinn said to Steffy, "I can see it in your face." I'm thinking, "What?" Steffy's face barely flinched when she listened to Liam's "message." She didn't cry or anything. That's sad.

• Love 5

I honestly doubt anything will happen to this baby. This kid is a direct decedent of Ridge's either way, plus TIIC seem like they're setting Nicole up for a fall. Not that I wish to see another tock by anyone, but I won't lose sleep over Maya and Rick N. Titled not getting their happy ending, nor do I care anything about Nicole, period.

• Love 6

I suppose the show could swerve us all at this point and have Caroline's baby indeed be Ridge's, but after yesterday's episode I don't know.  But, yes--if either one of them has to go, it should rightfully be the little incubating baby Forrester-Avant.

And it belatedly occurred to me that Pierson Fode's hairdon't in now yesterday's episode made him look curiously like a super-stretchy Drew Tyler Bell...who always looked so much like Taylor's child than Ridge's.  Not sure if that was deliberate or the result of an unfortunate hairspray explosion.

At minimum, they could have Thomas realize that, despite what he thinks about that night, it is something that Caroline feels violated by, so he needs to cut the shit about "love" and leave her alone.  He shouldn't be about defending that night, and he should understand that she trusted him as a friend when she was emotional and vulnerable, and he exploited that in the absolute worst way.  

Messed up as it is, this is SOP for guys on this show...and a couple of others, IIRC...when they do this (and the fact that I can say that and not really exaggerate probably says something): trying to convince their former bedmate that they did what they did out of caring, or because of some sort of extenuating circumstance--or both.  In-show, it makes a certain narrow sense...and, so far, is at least usually followed by some justifiable righteous indignation and outrage from somebody. From the outside, of course, it's utterly bonkers and often tone-deaf...but, since a guiding tenet of this show is "It's all about me"...

• Love 4

Is it just me, or does no one give a shit about Liam and being "missing"?  If I were gone for days at a time, my family would be jumping on it like a crow on a junebug.  So, no one misses Liam and wonders where the hell he is?  That's not normal.  If my sister went missing for even a day, I'd be calling the cops and all that.  

Don't you all wonder what Bratz sees when she looks at herself in the mirror?  Does she see what most of us see, a plastic, fake looking doll who looks far too old for her age?  

I don't think THIS Thomas could have chemistry with anyone.  I just don't think he's a good enough actor.  

I could buy the lack of not caring (with the exception of Quinn) if it was Wyatt that had gone missing but not with Liam, the precious golden waffle boy.

• Love 5

Yep.  The guy who raped me in college pulled the same "love" crap on me, saying how it was "beautiful" because "we're in love."  Naturally, I wanted to punch Thomas in the balls when he started spouting that shit.  

The show definitely doesn't want to put legitimate work into fixing Thomas.  "Oh, we'll just keep him off screen for a while, and then we'll bring him back on talking about how he's different now, and emphasize how he sexually assaulted his 'friend' out of love.  That'll take care of it!" 

I liked this because of your spot-on comments about Thomas.

I'm so sorry for what happened to you and I can't imagine how difficult it is watching rapist Thomas on the screen. It made me ill, watching him "apologize" for raping her when it's clear he wasn't sorry. He's only sorry that it didn't work out the way he envisioned, with her realizing she loved him (puke) all along. 

And watching her sit there and squirm and look ill herself (kudos to LG for her non-verbal acting) even as she's gritting her teeth and telling him he's grown...it's clear she would have said anything just to get him to stop talking and leave her alone.

I mean, he caused her to have contractions for crying out loud - even if her mind won't let her go there with what he really did, her body knows and is crying out accordingly.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13

I think as far as any potential romantic pairing of Thomas and Caroline is concerned, the soap opera bar has already been set astronomically high due to Luke & Laura. Ugh. And I don't think it's any accident that this crap is happening right before Valentine's Day. IMO there must be an expectation on TPTB's part that some portion of the audience will view Thomas and Caroline as star-crossed lovers who need to be united so they can raise their baby together!

The show definitely doesn't want to put legitimate work into fixing Thomas.

Similarly to what's been going on at Y&R, I think the writers at B&B must be counting on most of the current viewers not being fully aware of Thomas' long pattern of bad behavior with women. Gone are the days when a character would need be taken off the canvas for several years before they could even begin to be considered on the road to redemption. Now, Thomas gets sent to Paris for a month or so and Ridge scowls at him and does that double-meaning sideways-talking thing he does and it's supposed to make things all better. KMN.

• Love 4

I mean, he caused her to have contractions for crying out loud - even if her mind won't let her go there with what he really did, her body knows and is crying out accordingly.

I was under the impression, though, that all of her squirming and uncomfortable looks are due to guilt from lying about the "kid's" paternity, especially since she did it when Thomas said he always wanted kids.
  • Love 7

I think as far as any potential romantic pairing of Thomas and Caroline is concerned, the soap opera bar has already been set astronomically high due to Luke & Laura.

I really despise the names Luke & Laura.  It seems to be a get out of jail free card for soap writers when it comes to couples and making them as gross as possible.

• Love 9

I was under the impression, though, that all of her squirming and uncomfortable looks are due to guilt from lying about the "kid's" paternity, especially since she did it when Thomas said he always wanted kids.

That's a fair point but given how she didn't seem to squirm around Rick at all when she was cheating with Ridge, I don't think it's guilt in this case.

YMMV, obviously.

• Love 1

That's a fair point but given how she didn't seem to squirm around Rick at all when she was cheating with Ridge, I don't think it's guilt in this case.

YMMV, obviously.

With these writers and directors, I'm not sure even LG knows why she's shifty eyed & squirmy :) Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I hope this is just spumor...

Twitter preview:

Quinn has sex with Liam! #BoldandBeautiful

https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/69751851148942...

If this is true, you can count on this being what Quinn holds over Liam's head to keep him from Steffy and that she'll end up pregnant.

Seriously, Liam doesn't deserve this crap.

Ugh.

Without spoiling anything, there were so many other, better ways to get to this point than the one these idiots chose to run with.

WE don't deserve this crap either :(

Also, this.
  • Love 1

But the other ways are probably not as shocking.  That is the main reason for this mess - the shock value.

Sort of like GH when they had two people go at it in a crypt.  Who needs romance in a soap when you can be grossed out and repulsed.

• Love 1

So I have not been watching in weeks I checked out back when virgin NIcole got knocked up with bro in law Rick's sperm to make Raya's love child well really Nick's love child but that don't matter in soap land. Question 

Did it come out that Nicole's BFF Sasha was in her and Myron/Myay's half sister? If so I had a thought what if Nicole and Maya are half sisters too like Momma Avant had an affair too. Is Sasha supposed to be older than Nicole?

All this drama with Caroline and her "Thomas baby" It's gonna end up Ridge's.

• Love 1

Prediction...the "kid" is born and it's discovered he/she gestated longer than was originally thought, hence the baby is Ridge's. Or, wouldn't it be a real kick in the pants to Rick/Maya if the baby were to be Rick's? I know that wouldn't make sense, but it could happen with how they play around with timelines.

• Love 2

I'd love for the baby to be Rick's. Mya's face would crack. I'd hate for a tock, but I don't think Nicole and Rick's bub will make it. Bell described Caroline's birth as action packed and Nicole's surrogacy as being difficult in an interview he gave in December. As cheap as they are on B&B, I can't see him springing for that many sets of twins to play the roles for Caroline's son and Rick's baby, too. The exception might be a Quinn/Liam bub. What a twisted cluster. Little bit would be Wyatt's nephew/half-sibling and Bill's grandchild. Smh. These writers don't do consent.

• Love 1

Is there any hope it'll be a dream sequence? I keep reading on another big soap forum that this is what Liam and Quinn fans had been begging for. Seriously? While Liam would just as soon be unconscious? Geebus, I cannot believe this show has me feeling sorry for that guy!

• Love 2
TobinAlbers, on 12 Feb 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

I hope this is just spumor...

Twitter preview:

Quinn has sex with Liam! #BoldandBeautiful

https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/69751851148942...

If this is true, you can count on this being what Quinn holds over Liam's head to keep him from Steffy and that she'll end up pregnant.

Seriously, Liam doesn't deserve this crap.

FUBAR

LOVE+SUCKS+HOUSE.jpg

Happy St. Valentine's Day, Preverts!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

YMMV, obviously.

I am really sorry to heart what happens to you, KERLEYQ.

Caroline's mood swing is triggered by Thomas's "confession" and pregnancy (it is well known that pregnancy can have a powerful effect on emotions).  My speculation is that Caroline is starting to believe Thomas is being "honest" and "changed".  Thomas will use this to his advantage to convince Caroline that he can be her confidant again. Then it would harder for Caroline to keep the baby secret from him. I think this is how tptb set up for the baby reveal.  

Someone mentioned Luke and Laura was disgusting? I definitely agree.  I watched some of the staff including the infamous rape.  It was really sickening to see Laura was violated by someone who she considered a close friend.  It is even more sickening since GH later changed it to "seduction" - Laura wanted Luke that Nite. I heard one of the writers even quit GH in protest over Gloria Monty's decision to make Luke and Laura a couple (Luke was originally set to be killed after the rape).  

I am not very familiar with how soaps handle other rape/take advantage/manipulation stories back then but someone tells me rape stories were handled differently on different soaps in the 80s.  For example, it took a year for Jack (Days) to finally redeem himself and earn his victim's forgiveness. Most importantly, the victim didn't fell in love with him.  

Oh the witch is gonna do it with her captive, yuck! Thank you B&B for making my head explode!

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 4

I lost Deacon and Quinn for this.  Blah. 

I can't get over that Deacon is supposed to be a bad guy and someone Quinn doesn't want to see again and yet when the writers bothered to show them Deacon made Quinn a better person. 

But whatever - who needs to root for that when you can root for two people hooking up under ridiculous and really nasty circumstances. 

I'm a dog with a bone with this. 

• Love 3

I never watched GH regularly but saw some episodes here and there.

The whole L&L love story, including the most-watched wedding in soap history, just made me ill.

The only saving grace, if you can call it that, is when Liz was raped and chickens came home to roost when Lucky learned his dear old dad had raped his mother once upon a time and Luke had to be confronted with that and Laura, too, for falling for her rapist.

• Love 2

With these writers and directors, I'm not sure even LG knows why she's shifty eyed & squirmy :)

I think LG knows and is adding the subtext the writers left out.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 5