Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Is Quinn bipolar? Or is it schizophrenic? One minute she is talking to Deacon about Liam's kind eyes and acting like she is falling for him and in the next minute she is telling Deacon she doesn't fall in love and acting like he is nuts for talking about it to her. Then with Liam she is acting like a wide eye school girl. Does this writing have a point or just writer inconsistency?

• Love 2

I think the writers are trying to cover all the bases. For that part of the audience who see Quinn as crazy, they have her behave erratically and do things the average person would consider simply insane. For that part of the audience who see what's going on between Quinn and Liam as a love story for the ages, they have them do sex and declare that they "love" each other. Deacon is apparently supposed to be B&B's version of a Greek chorus. I'd be surprised if he does anything more than comment on what's happening even though he could probably clue Bill in and get a bigger payoff than he'll ever get from Quinn. (Realistically though (hah, hah), as long as he doesn't notify the police he's basically an accessory to a kidnapping. Probably not a smart move for an ex-con.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

After my daily viewing of Young and the Restless, I feel the need to cleanse my palate. Unfortunately, I don't turn the channel and watch B&B, which is like gargling with bleach to get the taste of rat poison out of your mouth.

Liam has obviously made a deep and lasting impact on the people around him. Or perhaps they noted his absence and figured he rejoined his breakfast bretheren in the freezer aisle of the local supermarket.

Wyatt is dumb. Thomas is gross. The whole surrogacy storyline makes me ill. Zende is simultaneously the second dullest and the smartest person on the show. Rick is an imperial fuckstick. Nothing in Quinn's childhood justifies the crap she's pulling with Liam. When Steffy is one of the least offensive aspects of this show, something has gone a tad askew.

• Love 20

I think the writers are trying to cover all the bases. For that part of the audience who see Quinn as crazy, they have her behave erratically and do things the average person would consider simply insane. For that part of the audience who see what's going on between Quinn and Liam as a love story for the ages, they have them do sex and declare that they "love" each other. Deacon is apparently supposed to be B&B's version of a Greek chorus. I'd be surprised if he does anything more than comment on what's happening even though he could probably clue Bill in and get a bigger payoff than he'll ever get from Quinn. (Realistically though (hah, hah), as long as he doesn't notify the police he's basically an accessory to a kidnapping. Probably not a smart move for an ex-con.)

You're probably right but how anyone can view this as any kind of love story is beyond me.

• Love 4

You all have summed up Quinn/Liam perfectly, so I have nothing else to add.  The writers who came up with this story should be fired.

Wyatt has now surpassed Kale Brown's Sam Rappaport as the most desperate, pathetic man I've ever seen on a soap.  The way he was pressuring Steffy to move in and marry him was gross, especially since it made me feel uncomfortable for a character I can't stand.

Reign Edwards is really terrible.  She never changes her facial expression, even when she's crying!  How is that possible?

• Love 11

Couples therapy Nicole? First of all your having your brother in law's baby and second two kitchen dates and botched devirginlizing (sp) attempt does not make you a couple.

Rubys must be in for engagement rings. First Victoria and now Steffy.

• Love 11

Re Ridge vs. Rick, while IA that they're both being ridiculous, Rick is such an immature asshole that I'm Team Ridge by default. Both can certainly afford their own homes, but Rick's temper tantrum-or, rather, his latest one-was batshit crazy, even for him. Rick didn't get what he wanted, but instead of being reasonable and gracious in defeat, he decided to pick up his marbles and go crying to his mommy. And all because of Rick's tacky portrait of his even tackier wife. I never thought that Maya's portrait belonged in Casa Forrester anyway, so good riddance to both of them. It's Eric's house and he can honor Stephanie any way he wants, whether Rick likes it or not.

Re Zende & Nicole's breakup, it was inevitable and long overdue, no pun intended. Zende tried to be supportive of Nicole's being Raya's surrogate, but it was just too much for him, as it should be. Like Zende said, Nicole's carrying his uncle's baby, plus it would be Nicole's firstborn, at that. It's a wonder Zende held on this long.

As for Ridge & Caroline, being around Thomas on a daily basis can't be good for Caroline nor the baby. I'm not buying the "new & improved" Thomas for a second. His act may have changed, but IMO he hasn't. If the writers had shown Thomas' conversion instead of told, I might have considered being convinced, but Thomas' apology to Caroline doesn't cut it with me.

Truer words were never spoken. This Quin/Liam/Adam thing is one of the most disgusting storylines these "writers" have come up with yet The fact that it's a man who's being abused doesn't make it less offensive. I cannot wait until $Bill gets a load of what this crazy woman has been doing to his son.

Neither can I, re the last point. Instead of covering Quinn's psycho ass, Deacon should go straight to $Bill, who's got way more money/power than Quinn and is just as dangerous as her, if not more.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 11

Nicole has got Oprah beat on the ugly cry!  LOL  That girl is tiny and it is too bad they can't do something with her hair to soften it around her face or something, her hairline is very receded almost shaved looking.  I think I heard a crew member snoring during their scene...

• Love 9

Nicole would probably look better with long side-swept bangs or straight-on fringe or something, but that style would definitely make her look older. I think the stylists are trying to make her look as young and innocent/naive as possible.  Also gotta downplay her to contrast with "sex siren Sasha." /eyeroll. That one thinks she's all that and more ...

Sounds like the new guy starts this week. I hope he lives up to all of the admiration around here! I was sure letdown by the build-up to nu-Ridge. LOL!  Did that guy ever play a romantic interest with Ashley on Y&R? The reason why I ask is because on this week's RHoBH (I know, I know... but that's about to become my new guilty pleasure replacement for this show if things don't turn around!) she was talking about a scene with Ashley and some guy in the shower and showed a quick clip and it looked like him.

• Love 4
Did that guy ever play a romantic interest with Ashley on Y&R?

No, the shower scene was with another character (who would fit right in on B&B; he's done a mother (Ashley), her daughter, and her daughter's sister in the space of a year or so). Chris McKenna's character didn't have any romantic pairings for some unknown reason.

Zende is simultaneously the second dullest and the smartest person on the show.

Just curious, who gets your vote for dullest? I mean, it's a quite difficult decision!

Re Ridge vs. Rick, while IA that they're both being ridiculous, Rick is such an immature asshole that I'm Team Ridge by default.

Same here. Even when it was RM Ridge and KL Rick, Rick was always such an ass that I couldn't root for him. Wow...is this actually a case of consistent writing???

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

I too am glad Zende was honest and split from Nicole rather than cheat behind her back. There is already enough of that rubbish going on with nearly every pairing on the show.

But now I'm confused as to where this story is headed. I figure a tock is eminent, but if this breakup isn't the trigger, what is?

• Love 2

ByTor, Nicole currently holds the title of person most likely to bore me into a coma. I can't even work up the energy to dislike her. She makes Liam look like a firecracker of charisma. I hope her eventual tock is caused by walking in on Zende and Sasha hitting the big O together while Sasha screams out that she's the daughter of Julius Avant. Maybe Nicole's face will register an actual expression.

• Love 11

I too am glad Zende was honest and split from Nicole rather than cheat behind her back. There is already enough of that rubbish going on with nearly every pairing on the show.

But now I'm confused as to where this story is headed. I figure a tock is eminent, but if this breakup isn't the trigger, what is?

I'm going to assume that, even though they're broken up, Nicole is going to lose it when she gets a double whammy reveal that Zende and Sasha are hooking up, and Sasha is her half-sister. (I'm guessing that one of the reasons Nicole is out of Eric's house is so that Zende will feel free to hook up there, because she's not going to walk in, and then she'll decide to head over to try to convince Zende that they should be together, and she'll walk in on him and Sasha.) That freak out will lead to the tock.  (No spoiler, I'm just playing the odds, here.)   If this baby survives, the only way I can see this story going is to end up with Nicole wanting to keep the baby - either on her own, because she's bonded with it (especially after losing Zende, and feeling lonely), or because she's also developed feelings for Rick, who will be the man being nice to her and holding her hand through the pregnancy stuff now that Zende is gone. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 9

The way I see it, in this whole sordid surrogacy saga,  Zende's the voice of reason. Unlike Raya, Zende's not obsessed with having a designer baby and unlike Nicole, Zende's not motivated by a misplaced sense of guilt. Speaking of guilt, since Zende's living at Brooke's with Raya & Nicole, chances are that things will not only get awkward between them, they're gonna run guilt trips on Zende every chance they get. Zende could/should have quit Nicole months ago, but Nicole shouldn't have agreed to be Raya's surrogate and Raya sure as Hell shouldn't have asked in the first place.  

The last hopes of seeing any semblance of face-cracking where the baby is concerned would be if Maya changed her mind and kept it after all, with or without Rick. Of course, Maya will play the victim again, but compared to what/whom Nicole has already lost because of this pregnancy, where Raya's feelings in general and Maya's in particular are concerned, I've got no fucks to give.

• Love 4

The way I see it, in this whole sordid surrogacy saga,  Zende's the voice of reason. Unlike Raya, Zende's not obsessed with having a designer baby and unlike Nicole, Zende's not motivated by a misplaced sense of guilt. Speaking of guilt, since Zende's living at Brooke's with Raya & Nicole, chances are that things will not only get awkward between them, they're gonna run guilt trips on Zende every chance they get. Zende could/should have quit Nicole months ago, but Nicole shouldn't have agreed to be Raya's surrogate and Raya sure as Hell shouldn't have asked in the first place.  

I agree Zende is the voice of reason. It is very refreshing especially for this crappy show. Zende lives at the Forrester mansion. That break up scene was cringe worthy between the two weakest actors on this soap.

• Love 4

I honestly thought Zende breaking up with Nicole was fairly sane and rational, if admittedly sort of flatline by default.  It might even have been graceful, in its way (still not sure why I'm hung up on that these days, but I am).  That said, I really needed Vanessa Williams-chibi to register an expression there; girlfriend's beautiful, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone cry and be nearly expressionless at the same time like she was (or at least not without serious surgery issues).  Weird.

As for the increasingly bizarrely random WTHQuil merry-go-round: I think I know where part of this has to go, and it's the only thing that makes sense--Liam for whatever reason has had some sort of repressed/suppressed feelings for Quinn since before he conked his head on an airliner sink, and that's what's come to the fore now.  That I'm fine with.  But Quinn's still getting her emotional beats when the writers deem them appropriate, which still doesn't help matters much.  Joimiaroxeu's right in that the writers, so far, are trying to play to both parts of the audience...which doesn't help the story much, but I can kind of understand in this case since even for this show we're into a rather rarified area of legally acceptable ew with this.

• Love 3

I think this Liam and Quinn story is checking off fan wishes but in the worst way possible. Those that wanted it get:

1. Liam and Quinn

2. Steffy and Wyatt

3. Crazy Quinn because relatively normal Quinn was boring.

4. Quinn and Deacon scheming together.

As someone upthread said - careful what you wish for.

• Love 6

I was in the mood for cheesey horror movies So I watched one titled Indigenous about young American tourists in Panama going into this jungle where bad things happen, despite being warned, etc. You get the idea. Well, turns out Pierson Fode (Thomas) played one of those dummies, as did the girl who plays Marisa on Y&R. There was lots of screaming and running around in the jungle. The monsters were decent for a low budget flick.

• Love 1
Vanessa Williams-chibi

Heh. And I still think Zende looks like a young Rick Fox and that's partially why he and Nicole were paired. It was probably the brilliant idea of the same person who thinks "cha-cha-cha" is still a cool cultural reference.

• Love 3

I think there's a very good chance Quinn gets busted, $Bill and Liam come down on her hard and are about to have her arrested but, at the last minute, she announces she's pregnant and they, reluctantly, back off.  Then, it will be Quinn trying to bring Liam back around, "feel the baby", etc., leading to a potential detente, if not an actual softening of feelings.

• Love 1

God, I hope not. She is too old to get pregnant that fast and was likely using some kind of birth control that needs to wear off. At least I hope that's the case,She doe not need to be giving birth to her son's niece or nephew or her baby-daddy's grandchild. Gross!

• Love 5

A Quinn pregnancy should lead to a massive custody battle with Bill and Liam.  Although even with a pregnancy whose to say Bill wouldn't still try to kill her so another of his son's isn't tied to the psycho?

Edited by ch1
  • Love 1

I'm seriously asking this, because I don't remember: how long did Nicole have a baby bump before this episode?  I think her ugly crying made me block it out.

And I'm truly, genuinely surprised that both Steffy and Wyatt and Quinn and Liam got their freak on again--and that it was offscreen in both cases.  OTOH, now that Wyatt's achieved his primary objective, Sasha picking up the "Thirsty!" banner and running with it all the way to Zende's room was less dramatic and more amusing.  And Zende, God bless his stone-faced self, shut her down...at least for today.

As for the possibility of a WTHQuil baby?  It might be the one thing that probably gets Quinn out of this mess more or less scot-free...though I do wonder if that ensures that it'll be a tock.  It probably should be, but that doesn't mean it will be.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 5

As for the possibility of a WTHQuil baby?  It might be the one thing that probably gets Quinn out of this mess more or less scot-free...though I do wonder if that ensures that it'll be a tock.  It probably should be, but that doesn't mean it will be.

Totally. My money is Quinn AND Steffy will find out that they're pregnant at the christening of Caroline and Ridge's baby.

They didn't have Quinn/Liam and Wyatt/Steffy sleep together at the same time for nothing.

Steffy then has angst over her miracle baby with the wrong daddy. Quinn will tell Liam it's destiny telling them they should be together.

ONE of the women will tock prompting the other to steal the live kid for their own. I just can't decide if it'll be Quinn stealing Steffy/Wyatt's kid to keep Liam or Wyatt steals Quinn/Liam's kid to keep Steffy.

If Wyatt steals Quinn/Liam's kid, Quinn is being redeemed as a heroine with Liam softening towards her in the end to raise the kid and possibly be a couple. (Blech). Wyatt will be revealed not to be Quinn or Bill's kid and become a recurring crazy guy to terrorize Steffy and Liam and Quinn.

If Quinn steals Wyatt/Steffy's kid, the kid will ultimately be revealed to be Liam/Steffy's somehow with Wyatt sacrificing himself to save the baby from Quinn (because he loves Steffy so much) and Wyatt is accidentally killed by Quinn. This will prompt Quinn to be packed off to a sanitarium finally by Bill and Liam and Steffy will be together and finally have their baby. Quinn them becomes a recurring Glenn Close Fatal Attraction villain for Liam for the next few years until she's finally killed off.

• Love 1

Quinn and Liam are grotesque.  Wyatt is now the dumbest person in SoapLand, but it's hard to feel bad for him in this case because he's pushing Steffy towards this ridiculous choice that she's clearly not on board with.  What exactly is Zende's issue with Nicole?  I could understand if it was a long-term thing like he's worried about the impact of her and Rick having a child or worried about Nicole having a (too) strong attachment to the baby.  Instead, it looks like he can't get everything he wants with Nicole right now, so he's bailing.  It makes him look selfish and immature (if it's the latter reasons I mentioned).  BTW, I'm SO glad I've missed a ton of eps and didn't see the Nicole/Zende dancing that was in the flashboack montage.

• Love 3

The only part of show I am actually watching right now is Quinn & Liam. I am pretending it is a fairytale...Liam & Quinn have no hateful history. They just met when she found him passed out next to a car in a parking lot. It's the only way I can enjoy two actors I like in a horrendous & ridiculous story.

Nicole...don't care.

Zende....ditto.

Sasha...boring...and don't care.

Wyatt/Steffy..even bigger I don't care.

Rick/Maya...gah! So don't care.

Actually , I don't really know why I still bother to DVR this thing. Bad bad habit I guess.

• Love 8

Steffy and Wyatt are made for each other, AFAIC. She had no problem putting on an engagement ring that was still warm from having just been on another woman's finger, and he has no problem putting a ring on a finger that had just been wearing another man's ring. What is wrong with these people? They have the world at their feet yet they're so desperate and apparently unable to be alone for more than an hour.

• Love 10

Quinn and Liam are grotesque.  Wyatt is now the dumbest person in SoapLand, but it's hard to feel bad for him in this case because he's pushing Steffy towards this ridiculous choice that she's clearly not on board with.  What exactly is Zende's issue with Nicole?  I could understand if it was a long-term thing like he's worried about the impact of her and Rick having a child or worried about Nicole having a (too) strong attachment to the baby.  Instead, it looks like he can't get everything he wants with Nicole right now, so he's bailing.  It makes him look selfish and immature (if it's the latter reasons I mentioned).  BTW, I'm SO glad I've missed a ton of eps and didn't see the Nicole/Zende dancing that was in the flashboack montage.

I don't think Zende is being immature and selfish. He's being 20 or 21, however old he is. A girlfriend he's never even had the opportunity to make love to is having someone else's baby and it's her firstborn. I'm surprised he hung in there as long as he did. The whole thing is stupid. If they had to have Nicole's egg, they should have planted it in a surrogate. 

• Love 8

It is funny, though, that this by default may be the sanest storyline on the show right now.

Heh. And I still think Zende looks like a young Rick Fox and that's partially why he and Nicole were paired. It was probably the brilliant idea of the same person who thinks "cha-cha-cha" is still a cool cultural reference.

...okay, yeah, he looks just enough like Rick that this works.  But then what does that make Sasha?  :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Well Liam poured the bisquick, but will he make a waffle ?

Why do I feel like you're a Walking Dead fan? ;)

I guess B&B didn't get the memo on the backlash Y&R got from the horrid rape storyline for Phyllis with Marco. They're doing something similar with Quinn/Liam. *Headdesk* Or maybe they don't expect their female viewers to think it's still rape if it's a woman doing it to a man.

Edited by Garnett7
  • Love 3
(edited)

Let me get this straight. A parched man gets offered a tall cool drink today and he turned it down?  I thought that one of the main reasons why Zende was so frustrated with Nicole was lack of sex and now he's got it up in his face and says "no?"

So now that Quinn's accomplished her goal is she just going to release Liam back into the wild, like he was a box turtle she rescued from the street or something?  I suppose that she could do the humane thing and drop him off at a wildlife rescue, I mean ER, and split. Once Bill or Steffy or somebody saw his missing person photo on the news, they could go ID him and take it from there.

If Liam gets his original memory back, then will he have no memory of his time with Quinn? I'm confused. LOL! That would be a way to get her off the hook I guess.

I guess that as an alternative, she could drug Liam and dump him off back in the FC parking lot -- where it all started -- at night.

Quinn has concurrently bedded her son's half-brother/son's fiancee's fiance. That's pretty damned impressive. (j/k) I think that even trumps Brooke.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 7
(edited)

I want Quinn to have Liam's baby because that would mean Bill would have a son and a grandchild by the same woman and Wyatt would have a half-sibling, niece/nephew. Then down the line, after Bill and Katie split up again, Waffles and Chicken Head would, in whatever order, marry her and have kids by her...::cue Deliverance banjo music::

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 9

Let me get this straight. A parched man gets offered a tall cool drink today and he turned it down?  I thought that one of the main reasons why Zende was so frustrated with Nicole was lack of sex and now he's got it up in his face and says "no?"

Points to Zende for this one, though I strongly suspect upon considering it that this was all too deliberate on the part of the writers:

"Yeah, we've already got one insta-couple going on here, and another couple born out of brain trauma."

"You think we need one guy on this show to be sane?"

"Well, there's Bill."

"Yeah, but he's old."

"True dat.  We'll let Zende hold off for a little while."

"Tuesday's episode sound good?"

"Yeah, that works.  We going out for Chinese again?"

• Love 5

People get engaged on this show as often as they change their underwear. i can't get over that Steffy is engaged and she broke up with Liam like 2 weeks ago. I don't know how fans can care.

Regarding Quinn, I like how she says she has changed when the only thing that is different is she has added pink to her wardrobe. Talk about heavy handed.

• Love 4

I don't get why people date for 24 hours on this show and jump to proposals and insta-weddings.  

I think my favorite part of the whole proposal thing was their wide-eyed "you're going to be my wife!" "you're going to be my husband!" wonder. They were acting like they've been in love for years, but they had to wait to win some kind of lottery to be able to marry each other, instead of the reality - that they just hooked up 5 minutes ago, and the only thing left up to chance for this was whether his brother, her pre-existing fiance, was going to stay gone long enough for them to feel it wasn't tacky. (P.S. you two crazy kids, this wasn't long enough for it to not be tacky.) 

• Love 4

People get engaged on this show as often as they change their underwear. i can't get over that Steffy is engaged and she broke up with Liam like 2 weeks ago. I don't know how fans can care.

And why does she keep calling him with updates?

• Love 3

It's two weeks longer than Liam waited the first time he split up with Hope. For B&B, this is practically a snail's pace ;)
  • Love 7

The quickness of all this just adds to the stupidity.  Wyatt looks like a vulture (a stupid vulture at that since this is not his first rodeo) and obviously Quinn is nuts buts its beyond ridiculous that this woman who supposedly doesn't fall in love easily is head over heels for Liam (gag) already.

Plus Wyatt's warning bells should be going off with how Quinn is on his ass to marry a woman whose ring finger isn't even cold yet.  This is really why I have no use for Quinn and only liked her with Deacon.  She wasn't up her son's ass then.  Plus Deacon tried to chill her out.  I've never found her obsession with Wyatt interesting - just annoying.  Now her supposedly being in love with Liam (and I don't believe she is) just kills her character in two ways.

• Love 4

Regarding Quinn, I like how she says she has changed when the only thing that is different is she has added pink to her wardrobe.

I believe she also retired her S&M gear.
  • Love 2

If Liam gets his original memory back, then will he have no memory of his time with Quinn? I'm confused. LOL! That would be a way to get her off the hook I guess.

The only thing Ive seen that makes sense of this whole mess! Other wise, Quinn will never be able to "jump the shark".

• Love 1

So he will have amnesia about the time he had amnesia? LMAO!

• Love 11

Let me get this straight. A parched man gets offered a tall cool drink today and he turned it down? I thought that one of the main reasons why Zende was so frustrated with Nicole was lack of sex and now he's got it up in his face and says "no?"

I got the feeling that Zende is also a virgin and, with Sasha, he has performance anxiety which he wouldn't have with Nicole. Either that or he already shot his load with Sasha's kiss.

• Love 7