Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Robyn is causing all this chaos, then she starts crying. I love Christine and Janelle. He used Covid as an excuse to stay at Robyn’s. I knew Robyn was his favorite from the first few episodes when Christine was having a baby while he was out with Robyn. I don’t care if Meri leaves, he’s already told her how he feels. 

Edited by Maddie Gates
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Sobyn’s finally done it — she’s contributed to the demise of every marriage Kody had with the other wives. 

I bet Meri regrets ever introducing those two. Robyn ruined everything. I wonder how long Robyn and Kody will last now the that dark queen will probably need to get a job after the final season (I’m guessing next year because they were filming recently according to Christine). 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Sobyn’s finally done it — she’s contributed to the demise of every marriage Kody had with the other wives. 

I bet Meri regrets ever introducing those two. Robyn ruined everything. I wonder how long Robyn and Kody will last now the that dark queen will probably need to get a job after the final season (I’m guessing next year because they were filming recently according to Christine). 

I hope she gets a job somewhere like Big Lots! In customer Service, of course!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
39 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I hope she gets a job somewhere like Big Lots! In customer Service, of course!!

I'm kind of hoping that the job is at a peep show where she has to make change for customers. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Just saw a piece about the 2023 Tech tradeshow. This would help Robyn out immensely!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/loreal-brow-magic-eyebrow-printer-ces-2023-news/

"You don’t expect a beauty company like L’Oreal to announce a printer, but at CES 2023, that’s exactly what happened.

Except, the L’Oreal Brow Magic won’t be used to print boring documents, instead it prints eyebrows. What’s more, it uses augmented reality to help ensure the eyebrows it prints are exactly right for your face."

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Lurk said:

Just saw a piece about the 2023 Tech tradeshow. This would help Robyn out immensely!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/loreal-brow-magic-eyebrow-printer-ces-2023-news/

"You don’t expect a beauty company like L’Oreal to announce a printer, but at CES 2023, that’s exactly what happened.

Except, the L’Oreal Brow Magic won’t be used to print boring documents, instead it prints eyebrows. What’s more, it uses augmented reality to help ensure the eyebrows it prints are exactly right for your face."

Should we start a GoFundMe for Sobbin Robyn?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

You know, I think Sobbyn wanted polygamy but only as the new, young, last one wife. I guarantee you that she doesn't want polygamy if it means bringing in newer, younger wives. She wanted the polygamy situation she married into, not a rebuilt one. Because then she doesn't hold all of the cards as the new, young, pretty (beauty is in the eye of the beholder!), last wife. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
Just now, MamaGee said:

You know, I think Sobbyn wanted polygamy but only as the new, young, last one wife. I guarantee you that she doesn't want polygamy if it means bringing in newer, younger wives. She wanted the polygamy situation she married into, not a rebuilt one. Because then she doesn't hold all of the cards as the new, young, pretty (beauty is in the eye of the beholder!), last wife. 

I believe she said bringing in a new wife at this point would be disrespectful.

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

Also, and I know this is gross and crude but if they added new wives, I could see Kody going down the road of "well, Robyn, my new wife will do X,Y and Z. Maybe you should come observe and learn..." and Sobbyn would. And they would become more morally corrupt.

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I believe she said bringing in a new wife at this point would be disrespectful.

Yeah, I think I remember that. But disrespectful to who and what, right? If they have a moral obligation to "The Principle," then they need more wives, right? I know it has been said that Kody no longer attends his "church" and isn't sure he's even a polygamist (I think it's more appropriate to say a believer in polygamy), but what about Robyn? Was it ever about a true dedication to religion or belief? I guess I am just thinking out loud.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Kody openly admitted that Robyn wasn’t his favorite but rather was favored because she was willing to do as he said. In short, Robyn wasn’t beloved by him for being Robyn. Rather, he spent more time with her because she was willing to placate him.

From the cheatsheet article that was posted here by Absolom.

Great, so he has finally admitted he is a dominating control freak and has probably always been one. We knew of course, from our lengthy discussions about Kody and his behaviour, but it’s interesting he’s finally admitted it himself.

It does make me wonder though, how Robyn manages to deal with that on a daily basis. Sure, it did indeed give her the biggest house and probably the lion-share of the money and his attention, but the price she has to pay for that seems rather high. In the past, there were 3 families he went to (every now and then) which gave her a break, but it is interesting to note how she has visibly aged from those intense years with just Kody!

Not that I feel sorry for her btw😉

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I really wonder how much Robyn is freaking out now.

She enjoyed being the queen bee and instructing Kody on what to do and has now demolished his relationships with his first three wives and many of his children. She can cry all her tearless sobs but few of the family seem to want to be around her. Who knows how long the show and its financial rewards will last.

Janelle and Christine seem to be calmly enjoying their fresh starts.

Robyn is in a monogamous marriage with a man now talking endlessly about patriarchy and respect.

Hope she enjoys having him around all the time with money getting tighter and no distractions for him. She’s stuck with him.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I really wonder how much Robyn is freaking out now.

She enjoyed being the queen bee and instructing Kody on what to do and has now demolished his relationships with his first three wives and many of his children. She can cry all her tearless sobs but few of the family seem to want to be around her. Who knows how long the show and its financial rewards will last.

Hope she enjoys having him around all the time with money getting tighter and no distractions for him. She’s stuck with him.

I think the horrible things that Robyn said during the third part of the tell all:

• That Kody loved the ex-wives despite their stretch marks and weight
  • That the ex-wives'  actions meant they gave Kody to her
  • That Christine and Janelle broke up the family by not following the protocol rules
  • That Christine and Janelle have shattered her dreams
  • That because of Christine and Janelle she can't sit and rock and watch grandchildren play

made it nearly impossible for Kody to have a civil relationship with his exes and a loving relationship with most of his kids.

Robyn basically razed the family to the ground. Her words, most likely, validated every negative feeling that the ex-wives and children have about Robyn. Even if they could forgive Kody, because he is their father, she ensured that the kids won't be spending much time with Kody and Robyn going forward.

And I believe that this was calculated on Robyn's part and that she wants a monogamous relationship, all of Kody's time and money and to be viewed as a scapegoat. 

It may be that Suki and the editing elves were smarter than we thought. Parts One and Two made it look like Suki was favoring Kody and Robyn. But part three showed just how horrible and deluded Kody and Robyn are. Christine and Janelle came across as more balanced, happier and forward focused.

Now I think the question is whether the Browns can shoot another season together or if TLC even wants them to.

What is really left to show? How a monogamist deals with his exes? How women pick up after a divorce to try to rebuild financially? How children are damaged and thrown in the middle? And now that Robyn is just a stepmom, how bad her relationships are with her step kids? Most of us have seen or experienced this so no need to watch others do it.

It feels like the show has run its course and now we will start to see books/interviews from ex-wives and children.

Isn't that what we have all been waiting for?

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 17
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Now I think the question is whether the Browns can shoot another season together or if TLC even wants them to.

What is really left to show? How a monogamist deals with his exes? How women pick up after a divorce to try to rebuild financially? How children are damaged and thrown in the middle? And now that Robyn is just a stepmom, how bad her relationships are with her step kids? Most of us have seen or experienced this so no need to watch others do it.

I think you’re right with this show coming to a close (though I can see a spin-off rising from the dust with maybe some of the kids)

But to answer your question “What is left to show?” I’d say how they’re all creeping out of this train wreck and how they’re going to move on. That would bring their imploded dream to a natural close. Christine went to Utah this season and it will be interesting to see what Janelle and Meri are going to do. I’d love to have another one-off show in about 5 years to see how they’re all doing. And to find out if, and how Kody and Robyn have managed to keep their mansion😉

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

TLC was already filming while this season was still airing.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
13 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I think the horrible things that Robyn said during the third part of the tell all:

• That Christine and Janelle broke up the family by not following the protocol rules
  • That because of Christine and Janelle she can't sit and rock and watch grandchildren play

made it nearly impossible for Kody to have a civil relationship with his exes and a loving relationship with most of his kids.

Robyn basically razed the family to the ground. Her words, most likely, validated every negative feeling that the ex-wives and children have about Robyn. Even if they could forgive Kody, because he is their father, she ensured that the kids won't be spending much time with Kody and Robyn going forward.

And I believe that this was calculated on Robyn's part and that she wants a monogamous relationship, all of Kody's time and money and to be viewed as a scapegoat. 

It may be that Suki and the editing elves were smarter than we thought. Parts One and Two made it look like Suki was favoring Kody and Robyn. But part three showed just how horrible and deluded Kody and Robyn are. Christine and Janelle came across as more balanced, happier and forward focused.

It feels like the show has run its course and now we will start to see books/interviews from ex-wives and children.

Isn't that what we have all been waiting for?

Christine said they were filming at her place in Utah. If they are, this has got to be the last season. There’s no family left (and even though Meri and Kody have officially ended their marriage, I see Meri skulking around like a stalker, pretending even harder to be “strong and independent”, hoping he will invite her back). 

I feel like there’s a lot to film with janelle separating and now Meri, but after that there’s nothing left, except maybe watching Robyn try to get a real job. 🤔 😂 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

In my humble opinion. There are bastard men, cruel men, misogynist men, plain old women hating asshole men. But the greatest disservice to women comes from other women.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

In my humble opinion. There are bastard men, cruel men, misogynist men, plain old women hating asshole men. But the greatest disservice to women comes from other women.

Oh yes, and particularly when it comes to looks and body shape. Women can be absolutely relentless toward other women, especially when it's about making yourself feel better or eliminating competition. (I'm thinking Robyn and her horrible comments about her ex-sister wives' looks now)

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I get this people have awful taste, but Robyn is just so tacky.  It irritates me that she spends so much money and this is the outfit she buys.  

olfxsbtg7dca1.jpg

This was when they were in their "modest is hottest" stage of life.

Maybe Robyn. wore that low cut shimmering fabric dress without the t-shirt under when she was "getting her scent out there"  and Kody was the biggest fish she could land.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

Those modified modest tops were so hideous. Just wear an actual real top, in a size that fits, that covers the parts you don’t want seen. Trying to layer tanks or sleeveless with long tees was a horrible loo, especially when nothing ever fit. Y’all are all too mature style and fit wise for the Jr. Section anyway. Janelle is the only one who didn’t looks stupid, bc she actually bought real long sleeve tops. 

• Like 15
28 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Those modified modest tops were so hideous. Just wear an actual real top, in a size that fits, that covers the parts you don’t want seen. Trying to layer tanks or sleeveless with long tees was a horrible loo, especially when nothing ever fit. Y’all are all too mature style and fit wise for the Jr. Section anyway. Janelle is the only one who didn’t looks stupid, bc she actually bought real long sleeve tops. 

So very true! I thought that from the beginning - she looked normal because she wore something that worked by itself. The others always looked as though they put something under what they really wanted to wear (because they did) and it looked stupid. When did they move away from the modest dress?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, altopower said:

So very true! I thought that from the beginning - she looked normal because she wore something that worked by itself. The others always looked as though they put something under what they really wanted to wear (because they did) and it looked stupid. When did they move away from the modest dress?

Those weird tanks and liners defeated the purpose of modesty - not drawing attention to yourself - because they were obvious modifications to alert inappropriate (to them) clothing in a weird way. No clue when they stopped doing that. 
That pic is so cringe - hi, I’m Meri wearing a mesh crochet see they top that’s too small, but I layered a skin tight tee under so it’s modest!
Hi, I’m Rightous Robyn and I’m wearing a plunging neckline that also is gathered around my boobs with a ring rhinestone thingy and in a loud metallic floral print, but see my tee! MODEST.

Hi, I’m janelle and I like, bought a long sleeve shirt that fits.

hi, I’m Christine, the fun one! I stole a jr size tank that’s way too short and tight from one of my kids, and layered a tee so MODEST! (Her hair does look amazing there though). 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
Autocorrect is a perv
  • Like 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

hi, I’m Christine, the fun one! I stole a jr size tank that’s way too short and anal from one of my kids, and layered a tee so MODEST! (Her hair does look amazing there though). 

Wait. What? (Bolding mine.)

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4

I remember the tank tops (and dresses) with a baby tee underneath from my childhood in the 90s (think Clueless, 90210)- given the 90s was when they OG wives where in their 20s, they have have felt very happy and vibrant and they hold onto the style of that time. 

I find many people hold onto the style from the time of their life when they were happiest, my Mom LOVES the 80s fashion aesthetic (the menswear, textured sweaters/fabrics, wide shoulder pads), probably because it suits her personality and body (she is tall, narrow hipped,  wears menswear quite well), and in the 80s she was really happy. 

Robyn was a teen in the 90s so my theory also stands but I agree, Janelle looks the most “put together” because her outfit looks intentional!

• Like 11

Well Bravo uses the term "housewives" in their title which to me implies a stay at home wife, and we know that is not always true on their shows, so Sister Wives can stay on the air longer with some rebranding.

After Sister Wives, The Browns: Mending Fences and Making New Memories 🤣, Sister Wives: The OG3 (with guest appearances of Kody and Robyn), Sister Wifeless: Starting Over...

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Kody and Robyn finally ran off the OG3 and may have to sell their mansion and move into Dayton's RV - which I would LOVE to watch play out - but it's no longer Sister Wives if there's only one sister.  So, the end is nigh.

That said, many of us have been watching this show since it started airing in 1995 or whenever, and it's going to be very sad to see it come to an end.  It's not funny if I say "What's the dill?" to anyone but the lovely people in these threads.  No one else gets our particular brand of watching these people's every move and dissecting it like it's our job.

So listen, TLC - let us down slowly.  Give us a season of Christine leaving.  Let us watch Kody have another "knife to the kidneys" moment when he understands that Janelle is also peacing out.  Let us watch Meri sulk away slowwwwly, JUST in case Kody decides to whistle and call her back.  Allow us a glimpse into Robyn's dry-cry couch session when she finally realizes what she's done.  Then I demand a final season of seeing Christine and Janelle thriving, and maybe listening in as Kody and Robyn meet with a real estate agent to find them a tiny apartment over a pizza joint in downtown Flagstaff.  THEN, and only then - I will consider quitting these people (until Truely writes her tell-all in about 7 years).

/rant

Well the Duggar thread is still going strong after Counting On was taken off the air.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

The college I went to ( conservative church of Christ) has it in the current Dress code that a theist has to be worn underneath a tank top      

I don’t think Robyn watches the show , cause she keeps saying she doesn’t know why the kids think this. Or the wives think this.  If she watched, she would see   Or she only watches her scenes 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
46 minutes ago, dariafan said:

The college I went to ( conservative church of Christ) has it in the current Dress code that a theist has to be worn underneath a tank top      

I don’t think Robyn watches the show , cause she keeps saying she doesn’t know why the kids think this. Or the wives think this.  If she watched, she would see   Or she only watches her scenes 

What is a theist that one wears?  

Edited by xwordfanatik
ask about a word in this context
  • Like 6

I read it too fast…I thought it said “an atheist has to wear a tank top” 🤭

Did Robyn start college or was her “cookie stolen” so she and her first husband went straight to Cookie Crisp jail and got married after high school?

Cnyibl6XYAATUvb.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
On 1/19/2023 at 5:43 PM, Irate Panda said:

I read it too fast…I thought it said “an atheist has to wear a tank top” 🤭

Did Robyn start college or was her “cookie stolen” so she and her first husband went straight to Cookie Crisp jail and got married after high school?

Cnyibl6XYAATUvb.jpg

No I don’t think Robyn ever went to college. She met her ex, dated him, conceived Dayton and they got married. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
On 1/17/2023 at 1:03 AM, altopower said:

I guess it’s a typical fundamentalist-fashion thing: They sort of want to join mainstream fashion but it clashes with their modesty ideas. The Browns then modify damage the clothes for modesty. In addition, they buy it 2 sizes too small (4 in Meri’s case) and accidentally emphasize a whole bunch of curves, which is actually a huge no no in modesty land. 

As much as I hate the Brown’s sense of fashion, it’s better than Michelle Duggar’s who should have been fined and have her dresses burned for what she did to them!

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4