Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

While commenting on a FB post about The Browns’ separate holidays, I realized something:

Most of the guests at Kody’s T-day were women. Solomon is a child and Dayton is neurodivergent and may not pick up on certain disturbing behaviors, so Kody’s king-like bestowal of blessings on his “loyal” guests went unchallenged. 
Is it possible that Kody so desperately wants Janelle’s sons to leave now because they are not fooled by Kody’s deplorable, controlling behavior towards women in a vulnerable position and present a challenge to it??

I now see this technique as an unavoidable outcome of polygamy, so it must go on in countless families, making it one of the reasons for lost boys.

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Useful 4
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I would also guess that Robyn thinks Janelle and Christine are bad mothers, because they don't play helicopter moms, and let their kids be kids that aren't always nervous and fearful.

Yep…my step mom very much disagrees with my style of raising my kids because I let them make mistakes so that they can learn. And worst of all, in her mind, I let my 12 and 10-year-old freely roam our small neighbourhood and play outside with their friends during daylight…. They could fall and graze their knees when I’m not there….Mind you, we’re in a tiny suburb of not even 4,000 people where everybody knows everyone. If they did anything wrong or ran into trouble, I’m usually made aware before they come home! My stepmom is a bit Robynish…

• Love 11
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

Yep…my step mom very much disagrees with my style of raising my kids because I let them make mistakes so that they can learn. And worst of all, in her mind, I let my 12 and 10-year-old freely roam our small neighbourhood and play outside with their friends during daylight…. They could fall and graze their knees when I’m not there….Mind you, we’re in a tiny suburb of not even 4,000 people where everybody knows everyone. If they did anything wrong or ran into trouble, I’m usually made aware before they come home! My stepmom is a bit Robynish…

When my daughter was younger there were a lot of things I wouldn't let her do, places I wouldn't let her go without me or one of my parents.   I just didn't trust other people with my child.  We lived with my parents they had a house on the edge of the city so we only had a few neighbors who we had known for a while.  She played outside by herself from the age of about 5-6.  It was several acres, near water.  I without a doubt drilled into her head that she was never to go near the water without one of us.  She was not the type of child to misbehave after being told not to do something.  But I did let her play alone, checking on her by looking out the windows, occasionally going outside if I didn't see her.  At some point when she had gotten  a little older and would go fishing around the area with my brother, she would also go hiking alone when he wasn't around.  She just told me about that recently.  At the time I might have been upset, but realizing that she knew how to get back to our house, because my brother showed her how to get back several different ways.  I could sort of understand her being scared about them falling, but I so would have let my daughter do that, I would have been right behind her, just like Meri.

But growing up we also rode our bikes all over town.  The only rule was we had to be within the street light once it got dusk.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If Janelle’s sons reused  to  use covid precautions, do you think she finally did have them move out?  She had to move out of her house anyway due to it being sold, right?  

Garrison was working on his RV before Janelle's rennel was sold and Gabe's GF had her own apartment.  So that is where they may have gone when Janelle & Savanah spent the summer in her new RV.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, MamaGee said:

If Janelle stays with Kodouche after watching how he treated her sons, especially Gabe, I am done with her. 

That conversation took place a while ago and as far as we know Janelle is still with Kody, istn't she? I rilly, rilly  want to know what it takes for Janelle to leave this POS, but I think she is content with what she's got. I'm sorry for Savanah, it seems she doesn't have much of a choice but to stay with her mom and spend another summer in an RV on Coyote Pass. 

• Love 9
On 1/18/2022 at 5:16 AM, MamaGee said:

If Janelle stays with Kodouche after watching how he treated her sons, especially Gabe, I am done with her. 

This is something I’ve been thinking about. What we’re seeing now, is effectively a glimpse in the past and we’re officially not aware of Christine’s ‘divorce’.  
So, when did Janelle’s relationship with Kody really start to turn sour?  I think it was late summer and fall 2020; so, what we’re seeing right now. (Janelle’s f*ck off and Gabe’s tears were no acting. That was real. I refuse to believe otherwise)

She may have turned a blind eye to his whims in the past but she can no longer ignore what we are seeing (and have been seeing for a long time). Especially because Kody has now extended his lashing out to the kids. 
It’s not just Gabe and Garrison, but also Truely, who wasn’t allowed to see Sol and Ari and had to see how daddy dear was spending time with those two. Not to mention Ysabel and her surgery. Janelle is also pretty close to Christine and I’m sure they had lengthy talks. Christine’s grief and stance on Kody must have opened her eyes at least a little.

Yes, as far as we know, she’s still with Kody. Like others, I’m not convinced she’ll ever leave. But I have been thinking about Janelle moving into an RV, her travels with Christine and visits to her kids this summer. I do find this typical Janelle-behavior. Don’t pick a fight, but leave and do whatever you like and stop caring for Kody. It’s like when she tried living in a tipi when she was fed up with everything and when she moved herself and kids in a different house when she was fed up with a polygamous life in Wyoming ( source SW book)

To conclude: Was Janelle a victim in her RV or was she being passive aggressive and showing Kody she no longer cared, but did whatever the hell she wanted to do? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, LilyD said:

This is something I’ve been thinking about. What we’re seeing now, is effectively a glimpse in the past and we’re officially not aware of Christine’s ‘divorce’.  
So, when did Janelle’s relationship with Kody really start to turn sour?  I think it was late summer and fall 2020; so, what we’re seeing right now. (Janelle’s f*ck off and Gabe’s tears were no acting. That was real. I refuse to believe otherwise)

She may have turned a blind eye to his whims in the past but she can no longer ignore what we are seeing (and have been seeing for a long time). Especially because Kody has now extended his lashing out to the kids. 
It’s not just Gabe and Garrison, but also Truely, who wasn’t allowed to see Sol and Ari and had to see how daddy dear was spending time with those two. Not to mention Ysabel and her surgery. Janelle is also pretty close to Christine and I’m sure they had lengthy talks. Christine’s grief and stance on Kody must have opened her eyes at least a little.

Yes, as far as we know, she’s still with Kody. Like others, I’m not convinced she’ll ever leave. But I have been thinking about Janelle moving into an RV, her travels with Christine and visits to her kids this summer. I do find this typical Janelle-behavior. Don’t pick a fight, but leave and do whatever you like and stop caring for Kody. It’s like when she tried living in a tipi when she was fed up with everything and when she moved herself and kids in a different house when she was fed up with a polygamous life in Wyoming ( source SW book)

To conclude: Was Janelle a victim in her RV or was she being passive aggressive and showing Kody she no longer cared, but did whatever the hell she wanted to do? 

Kody  was visiting often at the RV in the summer and fall of 2021.  I think they are still together.

• Love 10

Well it wouldn't put it past Kody to pretend to care with Janelle, by fall of 2021, Christine was selling or going to sell her house and hit the road, Meri probably was still begging for scraps and not gitting any and Robyn was probably either napping or on her cycle and that is why Kody would make an appearance for the ever scrumptious al fresco dining on Dixie plates

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

I don’t even think Janelle’s life would change that much if she left Kody.  I think it’s why she doesn’t bother. She pretty much comes and goes as she pleases.  It’s not likely his relationship with his kids would change they already know he’s shitty.  She’s probably the one that thinks the most about  their “finite resources” so I can’t see her willingly doing anything that might risk her show income unless they think a mass wife exodus would prolong the show because how many more seasons can we talk about : fillings, rennals, and catfish. 

I don’t particularly think Janelle wants Kody around anymore than he is.  Honestly, I think he needs Janelle (or place to run away from Robyn and her kids) more than Janelle needs him.  Hell, I wouldn’t put it past Kody to run to Meri’s…well…when she’s out of town.  

Even though Janelle probably gets angry about certain things, I just think she tunes out until the “fillings” pass, then goes and eats a couple of In-N-Out burgers washed down with a bottle of Plexus. Occasionally, she’ll throw out a couple of FUCK OFFs to keep the ratings up and then take a well-deserved nap in her beanbag chair.

• Love 24

While I relate to Kody on his abhorrence for covid precaution rejection, I wonder if he’s having a serious mental health crisis. He seems quite unhinged.  I’m a a covid precaution advocate, but can maintain some semblance of stability.  I wonder if there’s some other underlying mental health crisis. And perhaps, Janelle is aware of this. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
On 1/15/2022 at 6:26 AM, ginger90 said:

0D32843B-51D1-40F6-B0E3-F6715082C915.jpeg

C1D8A930-D935-42D9-8770-8A20F825713E.jpeg

Looks like Kody couldn't be bothered to drive down and see his daughter who lives on the other side of the country. He's been pictured in the past few weeks in a restaurant and a shopping mall with Robyn (on separate occasions) so its not like they are still in quarantine.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

Looks like Kody couldn't be bothered to drive down and see his daughter who lives on the other side of the country. 

Did she leave Kootie's beloved Caleb back at home? 

• LOL 10

With Cody saying he doesn't want to be intimate with Christine, and hes not intimate with Mary, comma I think he just wants new wives. II think hes looking for the younger ones the little birth babies again.

• Love 2

I don’t think he wants anymore kids. I think he wants to just be with Robyn and her kids and just pretend the rest don’t exist. He never used to talk so much about the older kids just being out on their own and he even talked about wanting everyone close together. Now he has no interest in any of the kids teenage or above.

• Love 24
12 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t think he wants anymore kids. I think he wants to just be with Robyn and her kids and just pretend the rest don’t exist. He never used to talk so much about the older kids just being out on their own and he even talked about wanting everyone close together. Now he has no interest in any of the kids teenage or above.

Excepting Day-un, AROARa, and Breanna, of course.  If they came out of Robyn's twat, then they're worthy of King Kong Kootie.  The others are SOL, including your kids, Janelle and Christine!  Why do they even pretend to put up with him?  Is the $ from the show worth being tossed aside like they don't matter?  How sad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Kody quote about Janelle in season 4, episode 4: 

“Once in a while when we do get romantic, it feels kinda awkward…”

Ouch…That’s quite rude! But if this was the case at the end of 2012, I dare say they’re having a 100% platonic relationship friendship now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I hope I am wrong but in the preview of the Tell Nothing, it appeared Janelle might be less supportive of Christine than I thought she would be. I don't know why I continue to like Janelle and hope she'll open her eyes. But if she isn't nice about Christine leaving, then it's going to be a big dill to me. 

• Love 24
17 hours ago, MamaGee said:

I hope I am wrong but in the preview of the Tell Nothing, it appeared Janelle might be less supportive of Christine than I thought she would be. I don't know why I continue to like Janelle and hope she'll open her eyes. But if she isn't nice about Christine leaving, then it's going to be a big dill to me. 

I believe it's probably editing to make it sound a certain way. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So just suggestions from the fans,  no actual deal 

Yes, suggestions, but just think about it for a second: Kody’s wretched, irresponsible, rule-breaking sons in their own show and Sister Wives cancelled… I’m gonna die laughing if that happens! And ideally, this announcement is broken to Robyn and Kody when they’re being secretly filmed…

Yeah, I know, wishful thinking😎☺️ Just let me enjoy this thought for a little while😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

That article was poorly written.  It read, "Though TLC has not renewed it . . ."  Either that is a typo (renewed for reviewed it [suggestions], or it is a reference to Sister Wives.  But, there are reports that they're filming now.  Also, it made it sound as if Kody's wanting to kick Garrison out was the catalyst for Garrison to buy a house, when Garrison just needed 3 more months of savings to purchase something.  His plan was well underway before Kody decreed.

The last thing that I would watch would be Christine's cooking tips or Janelle's Plexus scam.  And, Gabe and Garrison would be the next generation of Brown fambly grifters if they were to get their own show.  I wouldn't watch any spinoff.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

The last thing that I would watch would be Christine's cooking tips or Janelle's Plexus scam.  And, Gabe and Garrison would be the next generation of Brown fambly grifters if they were to get their own show.  I wouldn't watch any spinoff.  

Ditto.  I have no interest in any spin offs.  Christine will just be a single mom with a kid at home grifting for a living and visiting grandkids.  Not exactly riveting stuff.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Cetacean said:

Ditto.  I have no interest in any spin offs.  Christine will just be a single mom with a kid at home grifting for a living and visiting grandkids.  Not exactly riveting stuff.

Yeah, same. Once this train wreck is over, I’m not interested in watching a side wreck. 

• Love 11

Just to be clear; for Gabe and Garrison’s sake, I hope there won’t be a spin off about them. They’re better off without such a circus and for some reason, I doubt they’d be interested. They just don’t seem the type of guys for that.

It’s just the whole idea of cancelling the Kody and Robyn show and having a new show with G&G instead that makes me laugh. That’s what I would call Karma!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

My cable TV DVR only shows one hour of SW on Sunday Jan 30th - do others see more than that?

I agree we don't want to ruin G&G's lives any more than Kody already has, but one episode of G&G peeling logs and building a log cabin with no drama (and no Kody) would be fun if TIIC are looking for ideas for the currently filming season.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3

My cable TV DVR only shows one hour of SW on Sunday Jan 30th - do others see more than that?

I only have an hour too. Sister Wives is basically filler material between all the 1,000 spinoff episodes of 90 Day Fiance. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Kody is the one that hates dogs unless they live on ranches and he can talk to them and they talk back (he said this in season 1 and Mykelti advised you can't have a conversation with a dog).  I think one of the reasons both Christine and Janelle enjoy living without Kody is they can have dogs.

Of course, Robyn wouldn't get a dog.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

She already has a dog… his name is Kody  😋

She had him neutered and he’s good at fetching

And he sits when she says "Sit" and "heels" when she says ""Heel"! He also speaks when she says "Speak!" He is well-trained and she tells him " There's a good boy", pats him on the head and throws him a treat.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2