Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Great for ventilation 😂

4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

even worse - they are toeless with open heels - "sandalooties"?

2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well frankly, it isn’t hard to look skinny when you’re standing next to Janelle and Meri…

Meri’s weight gain truly is shocking! She is nearing Janelle in size…

According to Meris Instagram she is a skinny Minnie with a different face all together 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well frankly, it isn’t hard to look skinny when you’re standing next to Janelle and Meri…

Meri’s weight gain truly is shocking! She is nearing Janelle in size…

Meri’s been hefty for a good 7-8 years now. There was one episode long ago where she tried to get the other wives to go to the gym, then she seemed to stop going (and gained weight during that season and continued to what we have now). 

She tries to fool everyone with her photo filtering instead of working out/eating properly. 

Edited to Add: And she wants Janelle to “grow her food” (as if either of them load up on produce). Still laughing at the whole greenhouse thing. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 8

Wait, Robyn doesn't have the flotation device in her throat, so that must be an older pic?

I cannot stand migrating seams! They're so uncomfortable and feel like when I have restless sleep and attempt to strangle myself with my pjs. I believe it's cheap clothes that do it, but I have had a pair of Levi's that did it, but they were the type that had a bit of stretchy instead of all cotton.

• Love 3
On 12/5/2021 at 4:34 PM, CouchTater said:

What does it mean when your jeans' seams are crooked?  Pants too tight?  Too cheap?  I don't think it's just because of the way they're standing.

image.thumb.png.dc231c233bf3fd72583a4a2b0e8ac03b.png

I wonder if they are jeggings (leggings meant to look like jeans). It seems like jeggings would be more likely to have the seams go sideways than regular jeans.

• Useful 4
34 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

I wonder if they are jeggings (leggings meant to look like jeans). It seems like jeggings would be more likely to have the seams go sideways than regular jeans.

It's because they're cheap. 

I'm appalled at Robyn sporting her cameltoe everywhere. 

Dear Robyn,

Wear a longer shirt, or you'll have to name yours like the Kardashian chick did. It's nasty looking.

Seriously,

Nauseated in the Ozarks.

• LOL 10
8 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

It's because they're cheap. 

I'm appalled at Robyn sporting her cameltoe everywhere. 

Dear Robyn,

Wear a longer shirt, or you'll have to name yours like the Kardashian chick did. It's nasty looking.

Seriously,

Nauseated in the Ozarks.

Not necessarily—I have some designer brands where the seam goes on sideways and need to be adjusted after I put them on. Happens with my right leg only. Looks like this was a failure of attention to detail. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

27703370-0AE6-4F1D-96DF-4B862F50FF0E.jpeg

11CA5439-DD0C-437D-9827-CC5A5FB9142B.jpeg

😂 THIS! 

• Love 3

Wait, I don't get it.  She's had butter, shortening, a HUGE sack of flour and an enormous roasting pan on the counter.  Plus unidentifiable food behind her.  Is her message that she's going to live on the cylinder of poison in her hand and give all of that up?  Is her expression supposed to be sadness?  Resignation?  Contemplation?

Great marketing there, Janelle.  Nobody knows what you are trying to convey.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Wait, I don't get it.  She's had butter, shortening, a HUGE sack of flour and an enormous roasting pan on the counter.  Plus unidentifiable food behind her.  Is her message that she's going to live on the cylinder of poison in her hand and give all of that up?  Is her expression supposed to be sadness?  Resignation?  Contemplation?

Great marketing there, Janelle.  Nobody knows what you are trying to convey.

But it’s @the_secret_to_selfcare! She can’t just blab about it to anyone!

• LOL 10

I think what she's trying to convey here is that it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're swilling Plexus. Ha yeah right.

I like that she added that she's not trying to get "skinny" she's after "wellness" translate that to mean don't expect to see any after photos of Janelle any time soon because it's not about weight loss doncha know. Of course for 99% of interested people it is most definitely about weight loss.

• Love 12

Forgive me because I think I have asked this before, but does anyone know what Plexus tastes like?  In my mind, it's a super-sweet fake strawberry flavored concoction that burns one's esophagus on the way down, and you can smell it from across the room like a Red Bull.

I just can't imagine willingly drinking this stuff on an empty stomach...or a full stomach, for that matter.  Or at all, ever.

• Love 11
On 12/5/2021 at 7:19 PM, iwantcookies said:

Photoshop fail?

back when fabric was cheaper than store bought clothes, I used to sew.  I can't remember the exact term, but this happens when the fabric is cut on a (I think) bias and then it twists.   I agree it is usually on cheaper clothes because I suspect they are trying to get every last piece out of a bolt of fabric, even if it has to be laid sideways (my theory only).   Remember, only cut steak on a bias 😉, not fabric. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

back when fabric was cheaper than store bought clothes, I used to sew.  I can't remember the exact term, but this happens when the fabric is cut on a (I think) bias and then it twists.   I agree it is usually on cheaper clothes because I suspect they are trying to get every last piece out of a bolt of fabric, even if it has to be laid sideways (my theory only).   Remember, only cut steak on a bias 😉, not fabric. 

Your theory is correct - it all has to do with how the fabric is cut relative to the weave of the fibers.  In jeans or trousers, the main fiber direction should be straight down the middle of the leg in the front and in the back on both legs so that when you bend your knees, the fabric bends with it and doesn't twist. If you lay the pattern pieces at an angle to the edge of the fabric bolt, wonky things will happen when you move.  If the first piece of the pattern is laid parallel to the long direction of the fabric but the second piece of the pattern is put at an angle to "save fabric", that pant leg will twist on your leg.  As with matching patterns at seams, you need to "waste" a bit of fabric (or save it for quilts, patches, craft projects or rag bin). If you try to "save" fabric, you end up wasting all the fabric when you throw out your crappy sewing project.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
Just now, deirdra said:

Your theory is correct - it all has to do with how the fabric is cut relative to the weave of the fibers.  In jeans or trousers, the main fiber direction should be straight down the middle of the leg in the front and in the back on both legs so that when you bend your knees, the fabric bends with it and doesn't twist. If you lay the pattern pieces at an angle to the edge of the fabric bolt, wonky things will happen when you move.  If the first piece of the pattern is laid parallel to the long direction of the fabric but the second piece of the pattern is put at an angle to "save fabric", that pant leg will twist on your leg.  As with matching patterns at seams, you need to "waste" a bit of fabric (or save it for quilts, patches, or craft projects). 

Material used to be of much higher quality.  Sadly that is not the case anymore, unless you are willing to spend some money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If you try to "save" fabric, you end up wasting all the fabric when you throw out your crappy sewing project.

This sentence had me giggling! I save ALL the fabric with the projects that will sit in their individual project bags until the end of time. (I'm just giving future archaeologists something to do)

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2021 at 2:20 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Material used to be of much higher quality.  Sadly that is not the case anymore, unless you are willing to spend some money.

Thrift stores/online thrift! You can find well-made designer jeans for a fraction of the original cost this way. I have probably 25 pair of designer/vintage jeans from thrifting. I never buy new when I can find the $250 jeans for $20. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8D835A86-0757-47FC-B441-995534FE86D1.jpeg

E8672F2A-17DB-4855-B3C0-EBDF3F0CE337.jpeg

Janelle! This stuff has been around for a long time! As usual she’s behind the curve—much like her discovering some new vegetable most of us knew about when we were 7. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8D835A86-0757-47FC-B441-995534FE86D1.jpeg

E8672F2A-17DB-4855-B3C0-EBDF3F0CE337.jpeg

This would be Janelle's way of informing her followers that Kody comes to her for profound conversations about the future of civilization as we know it.

She is not one to harangue him about not feeding small children on time, his lack of interest in her sexual needs or if he gives a shit about the physical and emotional needs of her semi-adult children.  Points Scored Janelle!!!

• Love 10
On 12/7/2021 at 6:16 PM, iwantcookies said:

I see grape tomatoes lol

Impressive! It took me forever to spot those!

On 12/7/2021 at 6:55 PM, deirdra said:

I still think of Meri, her banana and her smile when I see this photo.

Could we stop the Meri&bananas discussion please? I so love my bananas and now I can’t even buy them without feeling sick! 😂

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Could we stop the Meri&bananas discussion please? I so love my bananas and now I can’t even buy them without feeling sick! 😂

Noooooo! NEVER! 

You just put on your big girl panties and get over it, Meri's torrid affair with a banana is the only interesting thing that ever happened on this boring, fake real estate show and I'm not letting it go, not for you or anybody else.

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

You are so correct, I imagine this is exactly how Janelle sees it. By the way, how high school is it when you have to let the whole world know that you hung out with your "boyfriend" last night?

Well Janelle, here's how the rest of the world sees it - once in a great while, when Aereolablobla has been swinging from the chandeliers and singing "Old McDonald had a Farm" for 4 hours straight, Aurora's crying and screaming at the top of her lungs from some imagined teenage slight, and Robyn's not putting out because she has cramps, Kody gets out of the manse for an hour and comes to your place, because it's literally the only home in Flagstaff where anyone would even answer the door if he rang the bell.

And then he reads you boring newspaper articles.

I'm so jelly.

I'm in love with this post!  

Janelle is a nutbag.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

This would be Janelle's way of informing her followers that Kody comes to her for profound conversations about the future of civilization as we know it.

Exactly. His idea of of time with the (non-Robyn) fambly is looking at his phone and ignoring everyone, but this time he slipped and happened to read something aloud.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

So I'm trying to wrap my head around the timeline, and the "improvements" made to Coyote Pass.

They are installing the cistern on this episode, filmed roughly a year before Janelle lived out there in the RV. So, nothing else happened in a whole year? Janelle did not seem to have access to any kind of utilities when she was out there, and I guess I was thinking the big plastic water tanks she had didn't seem to be anything that came from this cistern.

So, am I missing something? Wouldn't electricity, to pump water from the cistern, have been the next step? That doesn't seem to have happened. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

@Sasha888 I was thinking the same thing, between rolling my eyes every time they referred to the drainage ditch as a pond. Was the equity load Kody took out to pay for this cistern? I almost think that it wasn't even their cistern going in, but someone with common sense that brought land nearby started to develop on it. And your right, all summer long we saw Janelle posting on having water trucked in, so absolutely nothing appears to have been accomplished. Shame on Kody for forcing Sol into the ditch, the kid was scared clearly and sure Janelle, you sure did enforce your stance to stop him. These people are worthless

• Love 17