Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 11/13/2021 at 8:18 AM, TurtlePower said:

And then complains how traveling messes up her “routine” (the lack of a routine is the only routine thing about Janelle). 

But I totally agree. Janelle is content with the way things are between her and Kody—she has her own life and activities that don’t involve him—and she’s not constantly on social media screeching about how happy she is like Meri has to.

Aside from being annoyed about moving and properties, Janelle seems to be enjoying life. I can’t help but wonder if she’s hoping Meri will be next to go, given their poor relationship. Maybe Janelle should join forces with Robyn and Kody and put a boot in Meri’s backside to get her out the door. 🤣

Screeching. Lol

• LOL 6
14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The Turkey Trot is also a dance from the early 1900s...and we all know Janelle don't dance. No siree Bob, she will not appear foolish bumpin' and grindin'.🤦‍♀️

I’d like to see Janelle do the “Black Bottom” another dance from the early 1900’s

I’ll  never forget an old Barbara Stanwyck in the “Thorn Birds”…. Lusting after the young, sexy priest Richard Chamberlain and asking him to dance the “Black Bottom” https://youtu.be/rQ9qapVmWi4

Shake that ass! 😋

Edited by Joan of Argh
Link
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I thought turkey trot meant diarrhea! Lol 

It can!  I’m a runner and we call diarrhea brought on by running “the trots”. One *can* get the trots during the turkey trot. So confusing! English can be hard. 

• LOL 11

So! Any bets as to what Janelle’s after Thanksgiving posts will be? Will Plexus have saved her from over-indulgence, or will she lament about marshmallow-covered sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie doing her in? And let’s not forget her “routine”—it’s not a holiday without hearing how Janelle is thrown off by said holiday! 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

So! Any bets as to what Janelle’s after Thanksgiving posts will be? Will Plexus have saved her from over-indulgence, or will she lament about marshmallow-covered sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie doing her in? And let’s not forget her “routine”—it’s not a holiday without hearing how Janelle is thrown off by said holiday! 

I just want to know if she is spending Thanksgiving with Kody and Robyn this year, or if they are all still separated. They are all eligible for vaccination now (except maybe Ariella??), so it should be interesting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Janelle is spending Thanksgiving with Maddie.

A recent, I know I have to go to the gym but I tried to talk myself out of it, video for Janelle. Sometimes I think she says the same thing every time.

Screenshot from her video: ( I honestly tried to get a good moment)

9D7E59A4-3F4D-4051-819C-FAC7022139C6.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle is spending Thanksgiving with Maddie.

A recent, I know I have to go to the gym but I tried to talk myself out of it, video for Janelle. Sometimes I think she says the same thing every time.

9D7E59A4-3F4D-4051-819C-FAC7022139C6.jpeg

So she’s traveling, now we know for sure her “routine” will probably come up—even though it’s easy to just throw on some shoes and go for a walk or run. If she’s flying, she’ll be complaining about how terrible airport food is (it’s not all bad there’s fruit at airports).  If she’s driving, it’ll be how terrible gas station food is  (they also have fruit and nuts). 

Every year it’s the same:  Janelle’s Broken Record Thanksgiving Report. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The way Janelle presents herself on SM is baffling.

It's as if she's studied Meri's selfies - with her eyebrows by Sharpie, eyelashes by Wooly Willy, eyeliner by Tammy Faye Baker, and face texture by Silly Putty - and has decided to go as far in the opposite direction as possible. 😉

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2021 at 3:04 PM, LilyD said:

She shared her inheritance with the entire family too. Also,  throughout the show it was Janelle who seemed to be satisfied with the little things in life and never wanted the most expensive and biggest house, despite having 6 kids. She definitely earned some Brownie points from me today!

In addition to using her inheritance to help finance the Lehi house, she and Kody both cashed in their retirement accounts when they got to Vegas.   Not sure if that money went for houses or their living expenses, but money is fungible so it really doesn't matter.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I am sort of surprised that Janelle and Maddy are so into Plexus.  I do not know a whole lot of Mormans, but LDS folks that I do know avoid stimulants, including coffee. 

LDS also don't drink alcohol, but the Browns were AUB, and we have seen them drinking, and I think they said AUB differs from LDS when it comes to abstaining so maybe they drink coffee, too.   I have no clue about Plexus.

My daughter and SIL used Blue Apron a lot when they were in grad school,  and they liked it.  I offered to get it for them for the first month when their baby arrived, but they said it was too much like cooking so we sent them money for a month's worth of Door Dash or Uber Eats.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jenelle drinks coffee. She posted about using a coffee pot on her stove.

Yeah, there's all kinds of stuff that goes on now that they never used to do, and it wouldn't surprise me if coffee was another of their strict values they've chucked by the wayside, although I don't remember them mentioning it...but in Season one, before the wedding, Robyn and Kody were ordering hot cocoa on their date...I assumed that was in place of coffee.

They never would have had alcohol in earlier seasons, either.

And the modest clothing, remember the long sleeve tees under short sleeve tops? 🤣

They never, ever wore earrings until they started My Sisterwife's Closet, I am pretty sure. I would bet that piercing was a no-no. Then Robyn needed to sell her crap "joolry" and suddenly everyone wore earrings! 

Church of the Almighty Dollar always wins out over actual beliefs with these folks.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure if it is true, but heard on YouTube that Janelle moved in next to Christine.  I have no idea if this is true or just rumor.  They also said that this was going to be the last season.  Will have to wait and see.

The duplex Christine moved into is brand new.  That filthy stove is at Maddie's house.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I liked Janelle at first. Her weight loss/physical training was inspiring to me. My weight fluctuates constantly. Watching her journey motivated me to dance. I silly danced all by myself every day to tone up. 

I watched her as she backslid into her old weight and apathy. 

That said, maybe she planted the tomatoes in the back of the rental in Flagstaff, but showing the apple tree? I call BS. No way she planted that tree. Its goofy as hell to show that.

Dear Janelle, make some crock pot apple butter. It goes well on crescent rolls and keeps well, if sealed properly. Look it up, Janelle. 

Get a golf cart, but please don't think runoff from a shit ditch is going to irrigate your. Um. Crops.

Sincerely, a rubbernecker. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, jojo3couleurs said:

She wants us to believe these are not Pillsbury rolls? 🙄

They aren't... The Pillsbury rolls have a distinctive bubbly surface texture. Those are very thick and have residual flour on the surface showing that a lot of flour was used when shaping them.

The dough probably wasn't rested enough, so it didn't stretch to get several rolls for more of a crescent look to them, or it was too flour heavy, which is a common bread making beginner mistake. They were baked either at too high a temperature or on a thin dark baking sheet so the bottoms are way too dark...almost burned.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure if it is true, but heard on YouTube that Janelle moved in next to Christine.  I have no idea if this is true or just rumor.  They also said that this was going to be the last season.  Will have to wait and see.

First let me say I know absolutely nothing...zero...so this is pure speculation based on nothing but my gut feelings.

Why would Janelle move into the other side of the duplex Christine lives in? There's "nothing for her" in Utah, so she says. If Janelle left I could maybe see her going to North Carolina to be near Maddie and her grandkids, or staying put since she claims to like Flagstaff so much (which would allow Savanah to finish high school without having to move). 

If Janelle were to move in next to Christine, I would find that suspicious...as in, maybe even "still involved with Kody" suspicious. If they were both to leave him, why not each go live near your children. That's what C did and I would expect J to do that as well. 

As far as this being the last season of the show, hmmmm...from your lips to God's ear. Bring on the bankruptcies! 😁 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I guess we can surmise from the Instagram photos that Kody spent Thanksgiving with Robyn and her family for the second year in a row. I'm also guessing that perhaps Meri was with them, since she was careful to post no Thanksgiving photos of her own.

The only difference between Janelle and Christine is that Christine finally worked up the nerve to admit she's not married. Janelle is still pretending. I can't really fathom why she bothers with the pretense while at the same time posting photos that make it obvious that she spends no time at all with her so-called spiritual husband. 

I feel bad for Truely and Savannah, but I'm glad they see each other and some of their other siblings.

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I guess we can surmise from the Instagram photos that Kody spent Thanksgiving with Robyn and her family for the second year in a row. I'm also guessing that perhaps Meri was with them, since she was careful to post no Thanksgiving photos of her own.

The only difference between Janelle and Christine is that Christine finally worked up the nerve to admit she's not married. Janelle is still pretending. I can't really fathom why she bothers with the pretense while at the same time posting photos that make it obvious that she spends no time at all with her so-called spiritual husband. 

I feel bad for Truely and Savannah, but I'm glad they see each other and some of their other siblings.

So right on!  Christine had the grace to remove her impressionable youngest from a toxic situation but I wonder how Janelle looks herself in the mirror when she witnesses Savanah's optimistic hope that "Dad" may find a little time for her on special occasions.  A birthday greeting in a public parking lot just doesn't cut it. 

Even Maddie must have come to the realization where things stand as Kody has apparently made no effort to even meet Evie or be in attendance through the traumatic procedures they endured. 

Janelle's sons give the impression that they no longer give a shit, but deep down it's got to hurt.  I wonder how Kody lives with himself, or does he blithely go through life with a blind eye to the alienation his disturbing actions cause?

• Love 15

Savanah had Janelle teach her to drive.  Of course, Breanna got Kootie's undivided attention.

Was it Gwen's graduation that Janelle chauffeured Gwen, while Aurora got Kootie's undivided attention? 

Kootie probably never even interacts with Christine's or even Janelle's kids, unless it's for the camera.  It couldn't be more clear that Robyn's kids are the only ones he spends any time with.  

What an absolute dirtbag he is.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Was it Gwen's graduation that Janelle chauffeured Gwen, while Aurora got Kootie's undivided attention? 

I re-watched this episode the other day. Yes, it was the Gwen/Aurora graduation.

I don't know how he split his time for sure, because at the beginning of the "car parade" graduation, he is in the car with Aurora/Robyn and the gang, and then they switch to a shot of the inside of Christine's car...Gwen waves to the camera and Kody is in their car.

???????????????????????? Not sure how he got there! 

Not to invalidate your point at all, he's a disinterested father at best. But we have all mentioned this scene a lot, and I just wanted to point out that on re-watch, Kody does not totally ignore Gwen.

If I were a gambling woman, I'd bet that he made a big show of running between the two cars to make sure every spectator knew both of the girls were "his". 🙄 What better way to point out to all of Flagstaff that he has more than one wife.

• Love 16

I missed that.  I assumed the worst from Kootie, because he's such a horse's ass, especially where Christine and her kids are concerned.

Yes, he sure makes certain EVERYONE knows he has/had four wives.  I wonder what the other "plygs" think of him now, that one has ditched him.  Janelle will never leave, and we  know Meri has one foot out the door and is staying for the money, period.  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I missed that.  I assumed the worst from Kootie, because he's such a horse's ass, especially where Christine and her kids are concerned.

Yes, and why wouldn't you! 😁 We all assume the worst from him, and 99 times out of 100 that's exactly what we'll get.

I agree, throughout the years Christine has often been lowest on the totem pole and he treats the kids according to how he feels about their mother. 

Janelle probably gave him the least amount of trouble, and her kids benefitted slightly because of that. 

It's a dick move. They're ALL your kids, buddy.

Maybe this was the "punishment" (spending less time with your kids) before he had "covid punishment" (not spending time with you at all).

He's always had some bullshit reason to be where he wants to be, instead of being there equally for everyone.

• Love 14

Kootie must have been in the car with Gwen after Aurora, then headed straight home to shower & wash his clothes before coming into the rest of the house so as not to contaminate his precious Robyn and her kids - that is what he stated his COVID protocols required, along with 14 day quarantines, as an excuse for not seeing the other wives & kids.  Yet in one of the previews we see Kootie coming home from who knows where and running in the front door and hugging his two youngest spawn. It will be interesting to see how he caught COVID.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Kootie must have been in the car with Gwen after Aurora, then headed straight home to shower & wash his clothes before coming into the rest of the house so as not to contaminate his precious Robyn and her kids - that is what he stated his COVID protocols required, along with 14 day quarantines. 

Exactly!

He states his rules, then breaks them himself when he feels like it. God forbid he step foot in Christine's home or go to Ysabel's surgery, but then he gets in a car with them - a tiny, confined space where you can't possibly stay 6 ft apart - because in that instance, he could be on parade in front of half of Flagstaff, which probably made it "worth it" to him. Jerk.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

He states his rules, then breaks them himself when he feels like it.

He's always done that for pretty much everything.  He gets a yearning for something and magically god speaks to him and they have to change course on a dime to do what he wants.  He came right out and said he'd always wanted to live in Vegas so created the whole "the cops are coming" scenario to make the wives pull up stakes for his whim.  Amazing how the rules for his "religion" change to suit his latest BS.

I can just see him running from car to car at the graduation, locks blowing in the wind, shouting to bystanders how this is his child "FROM ONE OF MY FOUR WIVES"  as he dives into the vehicle.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

striving 232A4011-E98D-4956-8F7C-A83C3BE61810.jpeg

Keep Striving Janelle to get that greenhouse up and running, you will then be able to spend the day freezing and canning the results of your labor.

What I see here is a lot of starchy carbs and a creamy filling for pot pies, and I don't think for a minute that those pumpkin pies will be served without a generous dollop of whipped cream.

Not to worry though, I'm sure if your beverage of choice to accompany the meal is Plexus, all those calories will flush right through your system.

• Love 10

I love naughty comfort foods.

I wouldn't post about them from an account I use to sell my HEALTH COACHING services to people though! 😆

I like Janelle a little better than the others, I suppose (I'm playing fast and loose with the word "like" here...I don't like any of them) but what a goofball she is!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle will be lamenting about having eaten too much pie in a month or so

Because while the rest of us are about done with our leftovers already, Janelle made a bunch of extras...so she won't be done eating pie for another month. 😜

I realize that's probably not what you meant, but when I first read it I thought "Yeah....after seeing her pic of all that food, it looks like it's going to take a month!"

No need to start the lamentations too early, right? 😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 11/27/2021 at 2:46 AM, Sasha888 said:

Why would Janelle move into the other side of the duplex Christine lives in? There's "nothing for her" in Utah, so she says. If Janelle left I could maybe see her going to North Carolina to be near Maddie and her grandkids, or staying put since she claims to like Flagstaff so much (which would allow Savanah to finish high school without having to move). 

I don’t believe the youtube rumor either, for the reasons you mentioned above. She has nothing there apart from Christine and I’m not sure how close they were anyway.

And, as we’ve said before, Janelle seems quite content with her relationship and I think Kody is too. She provides a safe haven and place for him to wind down, but I doubt she’s the person who would want a husband around 24/7. She has a partner who doubles as a friend to confide in, they sometimes hang out together and she gets to live her own life. So yeah, why leave Flagstaff?

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 8

I don't think Janelle has moved... yet. But I do think they will all end up back in Utah. 

Robyn's BS about the kids not being accepted will only be a possibility if they live million dollar house neighborhoods, so I think her objection has more to do with lifestyle, than her kids.

Right now two of Janelle's boys are settled in AZ, but that doesn't mean they are there to stay. I see them moving when the girls graduate high school - if not before.

• Love 7
On 11/19/2021 at 8:42 AM, TurtlePower said:

So, what Janelle is saying is that in all the years she’s been a health “coach”, she found dietary balance in none of those years? She’s also telling us she needed a gimmick to find it?

Doesn’t exactly exude confidence. True health coaches don’t rely on MLM concoctions. 

Edited to Add: I do applaud Janelle for being able to do a turkey trot. It’s more than Whitney Thore can do (who would be whining and hobbling after 2 miles). 

I'm in school right now to be a wellness coach and I have to take a board exam after I graduate to be certified. I did a little research and Janelle isn't board certified. She's "certified" from her school which is only a 3 or 4 month coaching course for 6 grand. I'm taking biochemistry classes, learning about the microbiome, and psychology classes and it's very intense and ALOT of information and I won't be done until 2023.  She's a quack in my opinion and knows absolutely nothing about wellness coaching. And you are so correct, real coaches won't be pitching this MLM garbage. Also as a coach, she's not really supposed to be always talking about her struggles with food and exercise. It's not about you, Janelle.  We're supposed to be focusing on the clients *eyeroll That woman needs to focus on healing herself before she even tries to help others. Just my opinion....

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
On 11/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, VegasVixen said:

I'm in school right now to be a wellness coach and I have to take a board exam after I graduate to be certified. I did a little research and Janelle isn't board certified. She's "certified" from her school which is only a 3 or 4 month coaching course for 6 grand. I'm taking biochemistry classes, learning about the microbiome, and psychology classes and it's very intense and ALOT of information and I won't be done until 2023.  She's a quack in my opinion and knows absolutely nothing about wellness coaching. And you are so correct, real coaches won't be pitching this MLM garbage. Also as a coach, she's not really supposed to be always talking about her struggles with food and exercise. It's not about you, Janelle.  We're supposed to be focusing on the clients *eyeroll That woman needs to focus on healing herself before she even tries to help others. Just my opinion....

THIS. All.  Of.  This. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

So she posted on 11/27 and 12/6. This is what she posted today.

429F2904-A98C-4BF5-BF38-83CD5DABE37E.jpeg

They all look so unhappy and angry. Also it looks like they are all sucking in their guts. Once they exhaled I picture a whole lot of buttons flying off…

The only visual that comes to mind is Janelle's thighs squeezed into a pair of snakeskin leggings.  O.M.G.

• LOL 8
On 12/5/2021 at 7:51 PM, iwantcookies said:

Is Robyn still that size? Or was she photoshopped? Compared to the other 3 she looks skinny.

Well frankly, it isn’t hard to look skinny when you’re standing next to Janelle and Meri…

Meri’s weight gain truly is shocking! She is nearing Janelle in size…

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Did J post anything about working off her turkey meal or how plexus made her so full she had no turkey feast? 
Or is she still in leftover feast coma sleeping it off?

Also, what about the great Turkey Trot that she & Maddie had?  No update?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

So she posted on 11/27 and 12/6. This is what she posted today.

429F2904-A98C-4BF5-BF38-83CD5DABE37E.jpeg

They all look so unhappy and angry. Also it looks like they are all sucking in their guts. Once they exhaled I picture a whole lot of buttons flying off…

Christine looks much bigger in this picture than she has in other recent photos.  And Robin looks smaller.  I think this was photoshopped to make Robin look like the thinest wife, and Christine's picture was inflated.  I also think Meri appears smaller than in recent photos.  They just do not look the same sizes as in recent "non-professional" pictures, at least to me.

• Love 7