Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Everything that fruitcake does (Jackie) is for attention.  She makes my skin crawl.

Now we know why Mariah is the way she is.  She got it from her mom, and a lot from her dad.  She didn't stand a chance...lol

I was talking about Jackie Overton AKA Samuel Cooper.  SHE/HE makes my skin crawl.   I'm not Meri's biggest fan but I DO have empathy for her and at least she's not a psycho like Jackie.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I was talking about Jackie Overton AKA Samuel Cooper.  SHE/HE makes my skin crawl.   I'm not Meri's biggest fan but I DO have empathy for her and at least she's not a psycho like Jackie.

Jackie and her sidekick Kendra make my skin crawl also.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, kimaken said:

Do we KNOW that Meri hasn't done this? We don't see the Brown fambly's every waking moment--only what TLC films AND edits. What's been said/done offscreen may be too boring for the show -- it's the drama/conflict/bitter feelings=better ratings. Personally I hope Meri leaves -- then the show can end for good. I certainly have no interest in Kody and his wife and girlfriend/baby mama doing nothing with occasional input from Kody's other girl-friend (who happens to be his other baby mama)--worse than watching paint dry.

I have said this before, also— that Meri may have privately apologized to Kody and we didn’t see it. I don’t imagine Meri would apologize in front of all of the wives much less on camera, though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7025E659-7313-4FCD-A0A7-5C8954954C1A.jpeg

640249EA-218D-41D8-A161-A650BAC855DD.jpeg

Getting ready for WHAT? The cinnamon bun fair? That bathroom sucks. Tiny ass sink, tiny ass table area......there doesn’t appear to be enough room even for my stuff and I’m a minimalist traveler. 

Lame AF. LAME. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Getting ready for WHAT?

The fabulous sights and sounds of fascinating Parowan, the Paris of Utah.

Who has those scallop sinks anymore?  And, on a personal note, I hate pedestal sinks.  No room to even leave a toothbrush let alone anything else.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes!  She chose to marry a polygamist, just like her father.  If she didn't like Kootie taking on her ex-sister-in-law, then was the time to speak up.  After all, doesn't the existing wife have veto power?  That is what they've pretty much said, all along!  More lies?

The Browns insist again and again how men don't go out looking for another wife, how it isn't accepted in their world.  Yet Christine told the story about how a wife seeking a certain husband had to go to the wives to proceed and there once was a girl in their church who called Kody all the time, and he didn't shut her down, so Christine grabbed the phone and yelled at her and chased her off.

Funny how then Christine was near hysterical on camera telling how Robyn was being accepted and everyone had a testimony about her...yet Christine hadn't even met her yet. I think they just spin this stuff of the "rules" they follow when in reality men can do whatever they damn well please.  They are just trying to put a cherry on top to make it somehow not look skeevy to the viewing public.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

The Browns insist again and again how men don't go out looking for another wife, how it isn't accepted in their world.  Yet Christine told the story about how a wife seeking a certain husband had to go to the wives to proceed and there once was a girl in their church who called Kody all the time, and he didn't shut her down, so Christine grabbed the phone and yelled at her and chased her off.

Funny how then Christine was near hysterical on camera telling how Robyn was being accepted and everyone had a testimony about her...yet Christine hadn't even met her yet. I think they just spin this stuff of the "rules" they follow when in reality men can do whatever they damn well please.  They are just trying to put a cherry on top to make it somehow not look skeevy to the viewing public.

EXACTLY!!!   If the husband is attracted to a woman he can court her without any of the wive's "permission".   There ARE exceptions and some husbands allow a wife or wives to voice their opinions about a particular woman, but a wife can't tell a husband that "no he can't" take another wife.  It's a shit situation.

In the Brown's case though, Robyn is the WIFE, Meri is the EX-wife, and Janelle and Christine are former baby mamas.  I sometimes wonder if Robyn even allows Kody to have sex with them any more.  I highly doubt it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I hate pedestal sinks.  No room to even leave a toothbrush let alone anything else.

I detest them too.  Even in a half bath, there is no room to store extra TP, towels & soap.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, outtahere said:

Another ad for the BB.  Business is not good,  it seems.

Without the association of Meri, of Sister Wives *fame*, this BnB would go largely un-noticed because of the location.  Meri is exploiting her notoriety every way she can, be it selling LLRags or drumming up business for the BnB.  These may be the only reasons she continues to humiliate herself by sticking around on the show.

Would it be fitting to call her Materialistic Martyr Meri?

• Love 7
22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes!  She chose to marry a polygamist, just like her father.  If she didn't like Kootie taking on her ex-sister-in-law, then was the time to speak up.  After all, doesn't the existing wife have veto power?  That is what they've pretty much said, all along!  More lies?

I think she accepted Janelle because she didn’t see her as much competition. And would be easy to bully. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Yet Christine did the same thing she accused this other woman of.  She was constantly putting herself where Kody was going to be.   

I don't believe for a minute that the wives are the one that do the choosing in who will be part of the family.  They might have some input, but I bet the man is the one with the final choice.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

In the "olden days", I guess if a man felt bored with his wives - he found another one.  His wives didn't go trolling FOR him.  Either way it's skeevy, but for a husband to expect his wives to find a new chickypoo FOR him is REALLY weird.  Maybe it comforts Robyn to think EVERYBODY wants her in their family.

I hate Robyn

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Maybe it comforts Robyn to think EVERYBODY wants her in their family.

Didn't Robyn make a big stink about Hunter and some of the other kids not being very welcoming about her coming into the family and basically forcing Hunter to hold Solomon after the birth?  You can't force people to like you and be welcoming when it changes up the dynamics of the family.  Let it happen at it's own pace.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Didn't Robyn make a big stink about Hunter and some of the other kids not being very welcoming about her coming into the family and basically forcing Hunter to hold Solomon after the birth?  You can't force people to like you and be welcoming when it changes up the dynamics of the family.  Let it happen at it's own pace.

very well said...

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

This!!  This right here!!

Robyn can bulldoze her way into a family and insist that the kids be oh so happy about yet another mouth to feed (family resources still seemed limited back then) and another child to divide their father's attention with but oh noes she and Kody can't possibly comfortably tell their children that they are going to have to make another local move in 6 weeks?

The irony of it all.  Sigh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

the older kids were not happy about Kody having more kids. they felt they had more than they could handle.  They seemed to have a good relationship with Dayton, Brianna and Aurora.  

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I think she accepted Janelle because she didn’t see her as much competition. And would be easy to bully. 

And also so she could be the workhorse and earn all the money to support them, so jobless ol’ Mare was free to flit around the country accompanying Kody on all his business trips, as his ‘lover’. 🙄

4 hours ago, crimson23 said:

the older kids were not happy about Kody having more kids. they felt they had more than they could handle.  They seemed to have a good relationship with Dayton, Brianna and Aurora.  

I seem to recall Robyn boohooing and complaining on one episode that her girls were bullied by Janelle’s boys and that Paedon picked on Dayton. Remember the episode where Meri screamed at the kids in a parking lot over it ‘these kids are your brothers and sisters whether you like it or not and you better start treating them like it!’ I don’t think they had a particularly good relationship, with any of Robyn’s kids at the beginning. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I seem to recall Robyn boohooing and complaining on one episode that her girls were bullied by Janelle’s boys and that Paedon picked on Dayton. Remember the episode where Meri screamed at the kids in a parking lot over it ‘these kids are your brothers and sisters whether you like it or not and you better start treating them like it!’ I don’t think they had a particularly good relationship, with any of Robyn’s kids at the beginning. 

Right, that was one scene Meri wasn't aware was being filmed. I do recall that road trip where I believe it was Garrison picking on Aurora? but the boys also picked and bullied each other. There were a few fights between Janelle's boys. I don't think that bad behavior was always directed at Robyn's brood. I was thinking more when the older girls were babysitting Robyn's kids early on when Robyn and Kody were going on dates. they seemed to get along then

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Right, that was one scene Meri wasn't aware was being filmed. I do recall that road trip where I believe it was Garrison picking on Aurora? but the boys also picked and bullied each other. There were a few fights between Janelle's boys. I don't think that bad behavior was always directed at Robyn's brood. I was thinking more when the older girls were babysitting Robyn's kids early on when Robyn and Kody were going on dates. they seemed to get along then

That scene was very disturbing. If you watch the Honeymoon episode while Logan is grilling burgers Paedon is bullying I think...Aurora.  He got up and she sat in his chair.  He is standing over her aggressively with his finger an inch away from her face telling her to move from his seat.  Logan calmly told him to sit somewhere else and I think if he were on his own it would have been a physical altercation.

The episode where Meri is yelling at all the kids about bullying each other in general was because one of the boys (I have always thought it was Paedon) poked Brianna in the eye. She didn't think cameras were around, but someone with a carry cam ran to catch it on film.  There was a disturbing audio of a squealing child (again...I have always thought it was Paedon) crying "why did you do that" and Kody really yelling.  It happens very quickly, but the cameras never caught it, only audio.

My personal opinion was...Paedon poked Brianna, she then cries etc (she was 5 at that time I think) and then Kody "showed him" and poked Paedon in the eye as punishment.

There have been plenty of altercations between Janelle's boys.  And they did discuss Paedon's bullying towards Dayton on camera.  I always was bothered by Christine's attitude towards the bullying.  She said on the couch how she thought it was great that Paedon was bullying Robyn's kids because it meant that he accepted them as his sisters and it is so great that they are all acting like family!!🙄

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I think if Meri wants to walk away she has to walk away from A LOT of money and that would be incredibly hard. Sure LLR is probably giving her a nice little nest egg but I'm sure it doesn't even come close to paying for her lifestyle, is likely only funds her trips. And I doubt they each get a chunk of TLC money, it's probably put into a family account so if she walks away she would have to fight to get it back and she wouldn't have the means to do so. 

Can't blame her for staying, she gets a nice lifestyle and just has to play the sour puss on tv. But I bet she would like to have a companion 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I think if Meri wants to walk away she has to walk away from A LOT of money and that would be incredibly hard. Sure LLR is probably giving her a nice little nest egg but I'm sure it doesn't even come close to paying for her lifestyle, is likely only funds her trips. And I doubt they each get a chunk of TLC money, it's probably put into a family account so if she walks away she would have to fight to get it back and she wouldn't have the means to do so. 

Can't blame her for staying, she gets a nice lifestyle and just has to play the sour puss on tv. But I bet she would like to have a companion 

I agree--plus, I think Meri's presence on the show is helping to keep it on air because of the drama in all the conflicts between the various "spouses". I started watching the show after I heard about the catfishing business--prior to that I had no interest in these people or their lifestyle. But that story lured me in--now I stay for the snark factor here. Granted, I tend to be more lenient towards Meri than those of you who've watched from Day One but since I don't care about polygamy or the Browns, I have no real love or hate for any of them (except for Kody--what an asshat! If he's supposed to be the leader of the family, he's not a good leader at all!). Still--conflict=drama so as long as Meri hangs in there to act the victim, beg for a shred of attention from Kody, and/or bully her sister wives, we keep watching to see if there'll be fireworks.

• Love 8

I gave up on this show a long time ago, because it was repetitive and boring and eventually fell way behind reading here, too. On another site, I read that JO is still talking about Meri. there is a YouTube about it, but I don't like that YouTuber, so I'm back again.

She's never going to stop pretending to be Sam, but how can she still be receiving attention by name dropping Meri? That got old days after she released the voicemails. 

It's not surprising that Meri is still not owning her part in that affair, and yes, I see it as an affair even though there was no physical sex and she was legally divorced from Kody. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is cyber sex and much more intimate photos in JO's possession, and think that is why Meri wouldn't push for legal charges for the crimes she could pursue. JO managed to stay in the white and gray areas to stay out of jail, but Meri could have pressed charges on the stalking. The biggest problem was the cops told her they could not do anything if she wouldn't block JO, and she was still taking the calls. 

Meri planned to run away with him and leave all the adults behind. I think she thought the money would keep the kids in her life, and I believe that she does care about all of them, but she would also be winning against the other mothers because she was rich.

My only real sympathy for Meri is that her best bet at ending the JO torment would be to have some of those intimate photos or calls leaked by JO, which would then be illegal, but she would have to own up to the photos being her, which is completely unfair. It's like she would have to make herself be victimized further to get any legal ability to shut JO up, if JO is dumb enough to fall for it.

Now, she's continuing to act like the HBIC and has not been humbled one bit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

JO is just like Kendra in the way that its been five years since there's been any contact with the family and yet they still act like they're chummy. I haven't checked but I would bet a dollar that Kendra is still giving "inside info" to InTouch and the other third rate tabloids as a "close friend".

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

A closet with cheap metal hangers. What a concept! How unique!

Really, is that all she has to brag about? Such a selling point, I will drop everything and head right over.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Really, is that all she has to brag about? Such a selling point, I will drop everything and head right over.

I think they may be cheap plastic hangers.  Note the little rounded thingies on each of the two long side pieces.

Let's give credit where credit is due.

😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yes, you are correct about those stunning hangers.  Her marketing is just genius level.

They must not count on anyone staying more than one night.  They have 2, count 'em 2 hangers.  They must think that their guests remove their clothes at night, hang them up and put them on again the next day.  No allowance made for a couple that may want to hang up the clothing they intend to wear the next day.

But, they do have little guest towels that are craftily colored black, so you are unaware of makeup stains left behind by previous guests.

• LOL 10

I don't think a curtained off cranny can be called a closet.  Color me not impressed.

Meri would do better not to post pictures of the b and b (that recent "light-filled" bathroom pic was tragic), and let the general public use their imagination.  She might get more business that way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Reminds me of a Motel 6.

But I'm betting it costs more.  After all, isn't Meri's Z-list celebrity persona worth somethingk?  

I was hoping to type "No wire hangers, EVER!" until someone pointed out they were plastic.  Every hotel I've stayed in for the last decade (at least) has had at least 6 hangers in a, you know, actual CLOSET.  Business must be terrible.  Meri wants Bonnie to earn her innkeeper's pay, if she even gets paid.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Reminds me of a Motel 6.

But I'm betting it costs more.  After all, isn't Meri's Z-list celebrity persona worth somethingk?  

I thought someone said it was $150 a night?  Maybe I read that on Reddit when someone posted the link.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

never seen any motel, hotel, AirBnB  advertise closet space.  They couldn't put up a shelf? and what if you are tall? and have long clothes? that curtain looks like a fire or safety hazard. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, crimson23 said:

never seen any motel, hotel, AirBnB  advertise closet space.  They couldn't put up a shelf? and what if you are tall? and have long clothes? that curtain looks like a fire or safety hazard. 

Actually, Airbnb does have "hangers" 😳 as a filter, but that's totally different from a supposedly professionally-run inn as many Airbnb's are spare rooms or room shares. 

• Useful 2
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

DE03DE55-047F-4681-956A-4AB1A451662F.jpeg

3DBE6051-2AA5-4510-BF67-7E1BF1894A57.jpeg

Everything about this room (and any other Lizzies Inn pics) just makes me itch. From the carpet which looks like it is stuck there from 1976, the pink walls, to the  hideous picture on the wall. If your selling point is a closet, sweetie.......you don't have much to sell. Poor, pitiful Meri.

And let's not forget about her breakfast pic from a bit back. i believe it was some berries? She is pathetic.

• Love 14

#closetspace -  for what some fancy cloths to go out to eat at a local restaurant ? Right, there isn’t any. And absolutely nothing to do in Parawan

#nooks and crannies-filled with dust

#clothsneedspace – not the shit your selling – they belong in the trash

#getawayhouse- your getaway house from your saggy sisterwives and ex husband who can’t stand you

#vintagehome -that you paid way too much and will never recoup back

#historicalhomes-I don’t think Abe Lincoln slept here, come to think of it, neither did any polygamy families live there

#madebyhand-we know it isn’t your hands that made the cinnamon buns

#builtwithlove-love can’t build shit; it was a hammer and nails that built the house

#familyhome-that has been out of your fambily for the last 50 years

• LOL 13
  • Love 8