Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I would think she and Audrey would drive, since they have the dogs.  Unless Audrey's job is considered essential and she stayed in Chicago while Mariah flew off to Flagstaff.  I don't remember what Audrey does for a job?

Mariah had posted in one of her earlier IG posts that she and Audrey were self-quarantining at home and getting paid.  I guess she meant any home she’s ever been to.  I’m sure Meri can give some great tips she’s been in self-quarantine from the rest of the family for years.  Speaking of old Meri, I hate to bring up the beaten to death catfish topic, but I don’t watch the show regularly, did the catfisher interact online with any other of the Brown Clowns or just Meri?

• LOL 6
14 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Mariah had posted in one of her earlier IG posts that she and Audrey were self-quarantining at home and getting paid.  I guess she meant any home she’s ever been to.  I’m sure Meri can give some great tips she’s been in self-quarantine from the rest of the family for years.  Speaking of old Meri, I hate to bring up the beaten to death catfish topic, but I don’t watch the show regularly, did the catfisher interact online with any other of the Brown Clowns or just Meri?

I have a very vague recollection that some attempt was made by the catfisher to contact Janelle prior to Meri.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/27/2020 at 1:23 PM, ginger90 said:

Screenshots, her doing push-ups was a video. The still is as far as she made it toward the floor.

9094B143-3B37-41A9-B775-468B6809BCC8.jpeg

A2E96E37-33BF-46A2-8046-B151E2622A55.jpeg

A8BAA861-0FAB-4A41-9D76-7D491EE88F98.jpeg

Realize I'm late with this comment but, yeah. I don't believe for one second Meri can do 10 full pushups with those sausage arms and a 220 lb body. She doesn't look like she exercises ever, except for a photo op. 

• Love 4

Next week will be interesting: Meri’s admission her relationship with Kody is pretty much dead and also her statement that people keep asking her why she doesn’t leave. 

Meri will never admit on camera (and may not be allowed to) that she’s just there for the show. Really, it would be nothing without her drama. As much as I dislike her, she’s the reason I watch (and fast forward past the stupid baby crap). 

• Love 5

Mariah leaving Chicago to go to Arizona is ridiculously idiotic. I haven’t gone to my daughter’s houses, one is 45 minutes away, one is 8 miles, the other is less than a mile.

Idiot.

• Love 15

I will never understand the way that the Browns think.  They make so many foolish decisions.  As for Meri's precious Snowflake, for someone in grad school to be so irresponsible is just the worst kind of terrible.  Her advanced education has not resulted in common sense.

• Love 15
On 3/30/2020 at 4:31 PM, Sandy W said:

It's Mariah alright.  I checked the book, it's Exclusion and Embrace by Miroslav Volf.  Paperback $59.26.

Quote from a review: "otherness, the simple fact of being different in some way, has come to be defined as in and of itself evil"

Sounds woke enough for Mariah to want to read.

Yuck.  Sounds terrible.  

• Love 9

So that answers the question of where Mariah's dogs are - they are in Flagstaff with her.  Also note: the playset in the back yard is exactly why I thought Meri's rental would have been perfect for Robyn's family.  

• Love 8

That might describe the majority of your TV audience.  Would that result in cancellation, and, I dunno, forcing you all to get rill jobs and, you know, work for a living?

You are the epitome of 'bad vibes.'  Among other thingsk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 3/31/2020 at 1:40 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I will never understand the way that the Browns think.  They make so many foolish decisions.

It's really quite simple, they do whatever will create the most DRAMAZ for their pathetic show.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

And yet she’s not sprinting away as fast as she can from Kody. Meri loves to post all of these stupid “uplifting” quotes but ignores the giant pink elephant in her own life.

A LOT of women HAVE to have a man - and that might be Meri.  Having a significant other in their lives is the most important thing - even if he's a dud.

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

A LOT of women HAVE to have a man - and that might be Meri.  Having a significant other in their lives is the most important thing - even if he's a dud.

Or non-existent (like Sam), or openly gay (like Blair Michael Struble).

• Love 12

Meri said in the therapy session that aired tonight that people ask her why she is staying with Kody. She said she stays for the family. Don't believe that at all. She doesn't even like the family. She stays because she can't stand the thought of being alone without a man even though he shows nothing but contempt for her.  If she would just open up and tell Kody what it did to her to divorce him and be honest if she felt pressured into this by Kody and or Robyn. Because I don't for one minute believe this was Meri's idea. And Kody sat in that session and said he was sick of being criticized and did not have any guilt over the state of their relationship. He needs a swift kick in his self righeous backside. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Meri said in the therapy session that aired tonight that people ask her why she is staying with Kody. 

If she's staying for the money - I think they should have to pay her 1/5 the salary even if she leaves.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Meri said in the therapy session that aired tonight that people ask her why she is staying with Kody.

TLC paycheck.  She'll be gone one nanosecond after the show is cancelled.

• Love 6

I was TRYING to follow along with Nancy's logic - but it was totally lost on me.  Her ideas on how to work on the relationship were so cryptic and open to interpretation.  Does she EVER come out and actually volunteer worthwhile suggestions that are achievable?  Kody and Meri MIGHT have actually worked on their relationship the last 18 months if Nancy had given them some tangible exercises/ideas to try.  Well... no.   Poke it with a fork because that relationship is cooked all the way through.  Done.  Over.

But maybe the next couple could rekindle the sparks if they had someone remotely HELPFUL!

Seriously folks!  Was I the only person who wasn't following Nancy's logic?  (Note:  I GET the part about not being able to achieve something positive if you are always thinking negatively.)

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

...not being able to achieve something positive if you are always thinking negatively.

That's her nugget of wisdom?  That's kindergarten level counseling.  I sure hope that they are not paying that charlatan.  She should be embarrassed to be representing herself as a counselor.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

That's her nugget of wisdom?  That's kindergarten level counseling.  I sure hope that they are not paying that charlatan.  She should be embarrassed to be representing herself as a counselor.

It was SO hard for me to follow her logic in regards to how to apply it to your daily life in order to work on the relationship.

But it was SO satisfying to hear Nancy tell both Kody and Meri that they are extremely controlling people - and then she told Kody that she has NEVER seen him not get his own way.  NO compromise with that guy!  

Nancy said they would allow each of them a turn to say how they feel and Kody said he's not going to listen to anything negative about himself, he's heard enough.  He felt that he was perfect and only Meri needed to change.

I SOOOOO wish these two would just do the entire family a favor and end it.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I SOOOOO wish these two would just do the entire family a favor and end it.

They have ended it.  This counseling stuff is just for show, and to give us viewers hope that they will both say to each other what we've been thinking.  Problem is, once Meri really leaves the family - moves out of Flagstaff back to Utah or Las Vegas - everything blows up.  You may be on good terms when you are "pretending" to be a family, but when Meri really leaves and needs to be paid out and the tangled finances untangled, then the harsh words will truly flow.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It was SO hard for me to follow her logic in regards to how to apply it to your daily life in order to work on the relationship.

She is probably saving that for their next "quick trip" to LV for a session and another paycheque.  Doesn't it take 6 hrs each way to drive from Flag to LV & back? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have to wonder if Mariah watched this episode.

Probably on a plane somewhere flaunting the fact that she's so privileged.  Maybe back to Bali to absorb more wokeness.

• Love 7

Kody really showed off his cruel streak this past episode.  Even Mariah had to see it.

Kody most likely thought he was vindicated by his words but from what I am seeing around the internet those words did nothing to boost his fan base.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Holy catwoman! Well hello there Josephine Wildenstein! Seriously, who is who here? Why would you want to filter yourself to the extent you resemble the worlds most surgically-enhanced being? 7BB69476-7B56-4ABB-8FDC-E40F696D1282.thumb.jpeg.171d3d70ee891c1221d7f25cbf4c81cf.jpeg

• LOL 7
On 4/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, 65mickey said:

Meri said in the therapy session that aired tonight that people ask her why she is staying with Kody. She said she stays for the family. Don't believe that at all. She doesn't even like the family. She stays because she can't stand the thought of being alone without a man even though he shows nothing but contempt for her. 

Nah she is absolutely staying for the money. Without TLC money she has to live in a 1 bedroom apartment or maybe even at the B&B. Her LLR is not funding her current lifestyle. 

I mentioned in the last episode thread that I had been watching old episodes starting at #1 and that I coudln't figure out where she/they went wrong and suddenly was miserable. When the series started all the wives seemed to enjoy eachother and have a good time. They laughed a lot together.  Even Meri and Janelle seemed to be on pretty good terms.  Then I got to the episode where they made an offer to buy/build their vegas houses. THAT was the turning point.  Janelle and Christine were suddenly angry and bitter at Meri because she got the same size house/budget that they did with only 1 child.  Janelle even said her kids were wondering why Meri got a big house.  This likely lead to the kids thinking that Mariah was spoiled and probably put a huge wedge between at least those 3 wives. She still seemed to be ok with Robyn.  Which I think the 'divorce' led to her wedge between Robyn. 

Now Meri isn't without fault. she's a total wet blanket now and makes no effort to try and mend her relationships. It's like she's trying to keep her distance so that it's easier for her to leave when she finally decides to do it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Then I got to the episode where they made an offer to buy/build their vegas houses. THAT was the turning point.  Janelle and Christine were suddenly angry and bitter at Meri because she got the same size house/budget that they did with only 1 child.  Janelle even said her kids were wondering why Meri got a big house.  This likely lead to the kids thinking that Mariah was spoiled and probably put a huge wedge between at least those 3 wives.

People complain about Meri wanting the same size house with only 1 kid.  OK, but why did Janelle and Christine have the right to have 6 kids?  Kids are expensive.  The cost of 1 kid for a lifetime is wayyyyyy more than what Meri got extra for her house.  If they can complain about her spending choices she could equally complain about their spending choice to keep having babies!!  It was totally optional for them to have 6 kids each.

• Love 6
(edited)
31 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

People complain about Meri wanting the same size house with only 1 kid.  OK, but why did Janelle and Christine have the right to have 6 kids?  Kids are expensive.  The cost of 1 kid for a lifetime is wayyyyyy more than what Meri got extra for her house.  If they can complain about her spending choices she could equally complain about their spending choice to keep having babies!!  It was totally optional for them to have 6 kids each.

Ok the opposite side  - why should Janelle and Christine have less money per dependant than Meri? In the interest of the fact they lived as ‘one big family’ then equality for the children’s living situation and resources, would be essential to avoid chaos and jealousy. You shouldn’t have the same budget for feeding and clothing one child as you do for six, if you are a ‘one’ family, as that creates a dynamic where one child has the lion’s share of the family resources - (the nice shoes, the good clothes, the fancy schools, plenty of food) and then you have the other siblings competing over the scraps.

Meri chose that lifestyle so she knew what her role was - to produce as many offspring as possible and her sister wives would be doing the same.  Unfortunately she couldn’t, but that’s not Christine and Janelle’s fault that they did fulfil their mission. 

Meri had no intention of compromising on what she thought she deserved in terms of financial compensation, for all the children she couldn’t physically have. She not only demanded an equal share of the finances most times for her one dependant, she wouldn’t even conserve funds, often going over-budget (on french doors, wet-bar, big rental house that was unnecessary) simply because she felt she was entitled to luxuries to compensate for having less biological children.

The worst thing is, it was mostly Janelle who made the bulk of their money yet she was scrimping on her own kids needs, to make sure Meri could have her huge houses so Mariah could pick the ‘best bedroom for morning sunlight’ from the 6 bedrooms available. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Higgins said:

It's not as if Meri had much choice about the size of that house. The neighborhood was made of homes that size. 

She didn't have much leeway in the size, that was dictated by the developer but she did have a choice in whether to have wet bar and french doors.  If she had been willing to forgo the wet bar, she could have had a slightly smaller scale house.   The biggest extravagance IMO was for Meri to have brand new front load washer and dryer on platforms when Christine made do with her beaten up washer and dryer she hauled from her previous home.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Higgins said:

It's not as if Meri had much choice about the size of that house. The neighborhood was made of homes that size. 

See, this is where Meri went wrong. Since that cul de sac developer was only building those big houses, she should have insisted that since she and Mariah are only a 2-person household, they should move elsewhere to a small house or apartment. I think the other wives would have preferred that anyway.

• Love 1

Meri's Las Vegas house cost $3,300 more than Janelle's house and only $2,000 more than Robyn's house.  That's not a huge difference.  Yes, she just had two people in that house but the floor plan they chose kept it equivalent to what was being sold in their neighborhood.  

• Love 8
(edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 8:32 AM, smarty2020 said:

If she's staying for the money - I think they should have to pay her 1/5 the salary even if she leaves.  

Meri and the catfishing is what's kept this show on the air, IMO.  These past few seasons have been all about Meri the victim, and the tension between her and Kody.  If not for that, there's nothing to draw viewers.  So it's a strange dynamic in that Kody seems to be pushing Meri away, but not ALL the way, because he too has to know that Meri's misery is, sadly, good tv.  He loathes her, but he needs her to stick around, and it must eat at him that he has to do that.  Without Meri, he and the Dark Queen and his two side-pieces are not worth tuning in for.    

On 4/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, Kohola3 said:

For heaven's sake, the woman has a file 8 inches thick on Kody and Meri.  And yet, Nancy continues to dance around the elephant in the room - Kody divorced Meri to marry Robyn and that cut Meri to the quick so she sought comfort in the pretend arms of an evil catfisher.  But to admit to that pain, Meri would also have to admit that in their philosophy, "legal" marriage isn't supposed to mean anything.  But it does, to her.  It does matter.  Besides birthing Snowflake, it's all she had to hang her hat on.  So Nancy's preposterous "exercises" and suggesting that Kody and Meri go out to dinner to talk (as if) are nothing but empty words.  Either Nancy is terrible at her job, or she's been instructed to play along and never mention the word "polygamy," while collecting her checks from TLC.  If it's the latter, then good on her - she's just as good about ignoring the BS as the rest of the dingbats in the Brown family.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

She didn't have much leeway in the size, that was dictated by the developer but she did have a choice in whether to have wet bar and french doors.  If she had been willing to forgo the wet bar, she could have had a slightly smaller scale house.   The biggest extravagance IMO was for Meri to have brand new front load washer and dryer on platforms when Christine made do with her beaten up washer and dryer she hauled from her previous home.

That's Meri...  She always puts herself first no matter what that means for the rest of the family.

She's done the same thing in Flagstaff renting enormous houses and she lives there alone.

No way did she need that much space for some LLR frocks and leggings... It's all about looking wealthy for Meri and that's why it was so easy for "Sam" to reel her in... All Jackie Overton needed to do was dangle "millionaire" in front of Meri's fat face and she was hooked. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

For heaven's sake, the woman has a file 8 inches thick on Kody and Meri.  

Whenever I think of Nancy, I think of the marriage therapist - "Sue" in the Netflix series Ozark.  You'll find her picture in the dictionary under the word "inept."  The husband and wife are both paying her under the table to side with them, so she never takes a side either way.  

What's really funny is that the actress who plays Sue is the lady in the commercial who says to her friend (who has no concept of Facebook), "That's not how this works.  That's not now ANY of this works."

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kody and his Dark Queen have to string Meri along by not making overt moves until leaving the marriage/leaving the family becomes Meri's idea.

They're too chickenshit to face the public and private blowback if they dump her so they have to wait for the lumpy orange barnacle to walk away.

I would love to hear how it goes when they're deciding to say this or that to her and then are left stewing over it when nothing they say or do produces the desired result. 

I think the lengths that Kody went to during the last episode show how sick and tired he is of not being able to just kick Meri to the curb. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

For heaven's sake, the woman has a file 8 inches thick on Kody and Meri. 

I was wondering if they were being deliberately misleading for the sake of shock value. It's entirely possible that the big manila file folder was for the entire BROWN FAMILY, and not just Kody and Meri.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I was wondering if they were being deliberately misleading for the sake of shock value. It's entirely possible that the big manila file folder was for the entire BROWN FAMILY, and not just Kody and Meri.

It's possible.  I just wonder how many of those pages contain the words "putting up walls," followed by Nancy's doodles of Kody's hair and Meri's eyebrows......

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

She could have chosen the smallest one available,  yes they offer several different sizes.  For Meri, it's always about one upping everyone else.  I wouldn't be wasting all that money on a large house I didn't need.  A 3 bedroom house would be enough for her.

• Love 9

There wasn't really a small house.  They were all variations  on the same basic floor plan.  Although Meri did pick an option that gave her an extra room, I believe, but Robyn opted to have a hobby room.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

There wasn't really a small house.  They were all variations  on the same basic floor plan.  Although Meri did pick an option that gave her an extra room, I believe, but Robyn opted to have a hobby room.

In Vegas you had to pick from a few floor plans offered, and they were all fairly close in size.  I do have to wonder though, why there aren't smaller homes available for rent or purchase in Flagstaff.   I agree with whoever said that Meri's Lularags don't need THAT many bedrooms/much space.

• Love 11

3 hours ago, kimaken said:

See, this is where Meri went wrong. Since that cul de sac developer was only building those big houses, she should have insisted that since she and Mariah are only a 2-person household, they should move elsewhere to a small house or apartment. I think the other wives would have preferred that anyway.

Actually before the vegas houses they all seemed pretty happy with each other. They seemed to have a good time. Unless they were just that good at faking it. PLUS that would not go with Kody's plan at that time. His dream was the culdesac.  They were all pretty close in rental houses before and he hated it. Meri was only 1 mile away from everyone else. That's only a 20 min WALK!

2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Meri's Las Vegas house cost $3,300 more than Janelle's house and only $2,000 more than Robyn's house.  That's not a huge difference.  Yes, she just had two people in that house but the floor plan they chose kept it equivalent to what was being sold in their neighborhood.  

And this is what likely caused the huge divide. Even though it's not a huge amount it was probably enough to drive Janelle and Christine crazy.

1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

She could have chosen the smallest one available,  yes they offer several different sizes.  For Meri, it's always about one upping everyone else.  I wouldn't be wasting all that money on a large house I didn't need.  A 3 bedroom house would be enough for her.

Her options were only likely a 4 or 5 bedroom house.  It would have been a 4 bedroom but she wanted the wet bar, which made it a 5 bedroom. A builder offering 5-6 bedroom houses is not going to offer a 3 bedroom option in the same development. 

I think Meri went into thinking that the wet bar would guarantee that they would congregate at her house because she had the entertaining space.  However I think it backfired on her. In prior episodes she said she loved having people over and many times they were all shown getting together at Meri's house. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7