Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

OK HANG THE HECK ON.

I only just started watching this mess and I don't have the time or interest to go into the whole series, but I HAVE to know details on this catfishing disaster (which I imagine will elucidate this whole banana thing, whether I like it or not). Can someone tell me what season/year this happened?

Someone else will have to tell you the season it happened because I don't remember.  As for the banana, it was from a photo she sent to "Sam" who was actually a woman named Jackie Overton - and Jackie plastered them on the net.  She also scratched "Sam" onto her leg in the bathtub.  

https://allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/07/new-sexy-private-photos-sister-wives-meri-brown-sent-to-catfish-lover/

Here is Jackie's blog where she poses as a millionaire vegan.  I am disgusted that she is pretending to live in Denver - hopefully she's still in Oklahoma or wherever the hell she was living.  She never stops "reeling" in the suckers. Even after being exposed.

http://www.notbatmanyet.com/2020/01/edit-your-heart-out-mr-pencil/

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I get what you are saying but isn't there kind of a fine line?  If someone says something racist, sexist, homophobic or bullying is it OK because you personally didn't say it?  People disagree about standards and appropriateness all the time.  While I'm sure you probably didn't say anything actually offensive by current standards, for MY purposes, I would find it interesting that someone would choose to disagree.  Says a lot about their mindset.

I'm not sure I follow your train of thought, but if I did notice a comment that blatantly offended sensibilities regarding racism or homophobia, I would probably register my POV.  When it comes to perceived sexist or bullying comments, that may be another individuals freedom of expression.  What I consider sexism or bullying, may not be in accord with another's 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not sure I follow your train of thought, but if I did notice a comment that blatantly offended sensibilities regarding racism or homophobia, I would probably register my POV.  When it comes to perceived sexist or bullying comments, that may be another individuals freedom of expression.  What I consider sexism or bullying, may not be in accord with another's 

I guess, in my muddled way, I'm saying that I'm not sure the person was "virtue signaling" they could have just been disagreeing with the posting of certain information.  This says far more about their mindset than it does about the content you or others posted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

the thing with the Virtue Signalers is they don't just share THEIR point of view... that would be fine.. people disagree all the time.

They always hop on their soapbox and tell everyone how they wouldn't say what YOU said or point out that your opinion is rude and they're a nicer person with better sensibilties

They lecture everyone on proper manners and board etiquette and what is ok to discuss and what isn't ok to discuss based on their superior sense of fairness etc..

I have no time for them... go away.

Edited by Joan of Argh
spellingK
  • Love 6

Those look like clothes that would appeal to the younger set, a la the Krapdashians.  Nope, definitely not for Meri!  

So now I'm confused...I thought Meri met BM (unfortunate initials, sorry) on a LuLaCrap cruise, but I recently read that she met him in a hotel and gifted him with a bottle of booze she won on said cruise?

I admit, it doesn't take much to confuse this COL!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

They never showed any of the really juicy details (i.e. the banana) on the show.  People pulled the really juicy details from various social media sites and helpfully copied them here.  Meri sent "Sam" an "interesting" picture featuring a banana.  Apparently she also scratched his name in to her leg.

Meri never owned up to anything she did and instead opted to play the victim.  There were stories that the Browns actually invited the Catfisher into their home for some business venture and thats how "Sam" discovered Meri.   She encouraged and was a full participant in the mess.  She was warned by Mariah and still went along with it all.  And there were also a lot of provocative Bathtub pictures she sent and some ill fitting batman underwear she modeled for him.  You can still see some of the pics and hear the icky Voice messages she left him, online, on the Catfishers website. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those look like clothes that would appeal to the younger set, a la the Krapdashians.  Nope, definitely not for Meri!  

So now I'm confused...I thought Meri met BM (unfortunate initials, sorry) on a LuLaCrap cruise, but I recently read that she met him in a hotel and gifted him with a bottle of booze she won on said cruise?

I admit, it doesn't take much to confuse this COL!

I was confused too XWord, but when I googled "Meri gives booze to friend" (or something like that), it came up with different guys, ...K. Patrick and tully (William Tullmann).

Meri seems to have a penchant for arousing chatter by posting pictures of herself with reasonably good looking guys.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I was confused too XWord, but when I googled "Meri gives booze to friend" (or something like that), it came up with different guys, ...K. Patrick and tully (William Tullmann).

Meri seems to have a penchant for arousing chatter by posting pictures of herself with reasonably good looking guys.

exactly she always a little cryptic and encourages her followers to wonder if she's met a new man...  the Aruba rum guys were just another of her many flirty posts and if I'm not mistaken they were a gay couple just like Blair Michael and his partner.

• Love 4

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think this guy might need a thread of his own... I'm sure his fame happy heart will be pleased. 😋

He has so many accts on IG under various names it's crazy..

I just found this one where he sells women's clothing... i guess it's better than LLR but it's definitely not for Meri and her linebacker body.

https://www.instagram.com/blairmichaeldesigns/

That Instagram account hasn’t been updated since 2013 and is an Australian website address. I’m going to hazard a guess it doesn’t belong to Meri’s Blair Michael... Not that I’d be surprised if it was his though, he seems have a finger in many pies to get exposure. He fancies himself as a ‘travel blogger’  in some hashtags. 

I’m going to guess he happened upon Disneyland (coincidence? maybe not) and overheard ‘reality star’ Meri Brown (who was prone to a good catfishin’) was there so he put himself in her path to meet and charm her for exposure. There’s pictures of them both that day on both their instagrams with the caption ‘new friends etc’ and they didn’t like any of each other’s pictures prior to then which makes me think they just met then. From that day on she’s liked and commented on every one of his posts. 

9FC40533-2CF0-4428-A87B-169A2EC47DB0.thumb.jpeg.132dfcef994247ded3a6f37c6e87249e.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

the thing with the Virtue Signalers is they don't just share THEIR point of view... that would be fine.. people disagree all the time.

They always hop on their soapbox and tell everyone how they wouldn't say what YOU said or point out that your opinion is rude and they're a nicer person with better sensibilties

They lecture everyone on proper manners and board etiquette and what is ok to discuss and what isn't ok to discuss based on their superior sense of fairness etc..

I have no time for them... go away.

Well hey.  I always appreciate  know it all assholes telling me that since I don't agree with you I'm wrong.  And then they proceed to tell me how I should have done with a shit eating condescending grin on their face. 

Virtue Signalers can all suck it.  Big time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Yeah, I don't expect better than a glossed-over, whitewashed version of the incident, so I won't bother with the show, but I'm going to google around and see if I can get the short (but interesting) version.

If I die suddenly, will someone please make sure my search history is deleted? I don't want this to be my legacy.

Bullshitbookclub.com is the hilarious sendup of the book the catfisher wrote which is certainly the 2nd Worst Book of the 21st Century (the very worst book being The Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel).

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, monagatuna said:

OK HANG THE HECK ON.

I only just started watching this mess and I don't have the time or interest to go into the whole series, but I HAVE to know details on this catfishing disaster (which I imagine will elucidate this whole banana thing, whether I like it or not). Can someone tell me what season/year this happened?

Essentially the catfish stuff began appearing online about August/September 2015.  If you go back to page 2 or 3 of this "Meri" thread some info begins to filter in.  As for when it appeared on the show, if you go to page 2 of the Sister Wives thread list, It would be in what is "Season 6" of the episode threads.  I believe "Meri Catfished" is the title of the first episode on telly where they broke the news that had been online for months by then, and after that would be the "Tell All" episodes from that season.  August through December of 2015 was a buzz with the story.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

That Instagram account hasn’t been updated since 2013 and is an Australian website address. I’m going to hazard a guess it doesn’t belong to Meri’s Blair Michael... Not that I’d be surprised if it was his though, he seems have a finger in many pies to get exposure. He fancies himself as a ‘travel blogger’  in some hashtags. 

I’m going to guess he happened upon Disneyland (coincidence? maybe not) and overheard ‘reality star’ Meri Brown (who was prone to a good catfishin’) was there so he put himself in her path to meet and charm her for exposure. There’s pictures of them both that day on both their instagrams with the caption ‘new friends etc’ and they didn’t like any of each other’s pictures prior to then which makes me think they just met then. From that day on she’s liked and commented on every one of his posts. 

9FC40533-2CF0-4428-A87B-169A2EC47DB0.thumb.jpeg.132dfcef994247ded3a6f37c6e87249e.jpeg

After reading about his (second!) Trip to the Roloff Farm, I'm guessing he first sought to meet Meri by staying at the B&B. 

1 minute ago, Roslyn said:

Essentially the catfish stuff began appearing online about August/September 2015.  If you go back to page 2 or 3 of this "Meri" thread some info begins to filter in.  As for when it appeared on the show, if you go to page 2 of the Sister Wives thread list, It would be in what is "Season 6" of the episode threads.  I believe "Meri Catfished" is the title of the first episode on telly where they broke the news that had been online for months by then, and after that would be the "Tell All" episodes from that season.  August through December of 2015 was a buzz with the story.

Even earlier than that. I remember it started blowing up in mid March 2015. She and "Sam" were quite blatant on Twitter and people started warning her that she was heading for trouble...she just ignored them all.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ya I noticed that it's old so I sent a PM acting like I was confused and looking for his interior design business and he answered me back with his interior design acct and said "this is my interior design business, are you interested in my services?  

I haven't answered!   😂

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Even earlier than that. I remember it started blowing up in mid March 2015. She and "Sam" were quite blatant on Twitter and people started warning her that she was heading for trouble...she just ignored them all.

Oh yes, I don't remember exactly where it started filtering in, I suspect it was CJ's blog where I first started seeing chatter about it all at the beginning of 2015.  I meant that info could be found here around that window of September 2015 forward.  A glance at the beginning of the (now huge) Meri thread showed that it was mentioned within the first 3-ish pages. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya I noticed that it's old so I sent a PM acting like I was confused and looking for his interior design business and he answered me back with his interior design acct and said "this is my interior design business, are you interested in my services?  

I haven't answered!   😂

Oh my god woman! You are good! Are you a detective in real life? 😆 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Oh my god woman! You are good! Are you a detective in real life? 😆 

Lolol no, other than catching my kids in little white lies or hubby trying to leave out the details when I think there might be more to a story... I dig lol

I was shocked when it was his other acct that answered... I actually felt a little nervous and I hope he doesn't say anything else! 😂

I'm pulling in my periscope and *diving*

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Too bad she couldn't become friends with her sister wives who were right across the street, not across the country.

If Meri was really a friend, she would have steered her away from that ugly top. 

• LOL 16
18 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

If Meri was really a friend, she would have steered her away from that ugly top. 

What?  And lose a sale?  Au contraire!! Instead Meri suggests 15 OTHER ugly tops her "friend" can buy!  And some leggings, too.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I used to think post catfish Meri was only hanging around for the show money. Lately I think she is actually attracted to Kody. In fact, if Kody put Meri back into bedroom rotation, I bet Meri would pick up right where she was before. 

I don’t blame Kody for needing a cooling off period, but he needs to decide if he can truly forgive and move on with Meri. If he can’t - he needs to tell her that. It’s passive aggressive and cowardly to not address it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

lularoemeribrown

Verified

Some of my best moments are when, after years of shopping together, I finally get to meet my customers-turned-friends! #BecauseOfLuLaRoe I have amazing friends all across the country and I wouldn't change it!

Posts like this are the WORST kind of emotional manipulation. She's telling her followers that if they shop with her for years and spend enough money to catch her attention they too can one day be her "real life friend". Which is a load of crap. But there are lonely, troubled people out there who will spend money they don't have on clothes they don't need to get themselves into the orbit of a D list celebrity.

I'm not talking about famewhores like Blair whateverhisnameis. Those people are eyes wide open and deserve whatever they get. But I hope some day karma kicks her ass for leading on sad, lonely people just looking to be part of something and worse yet doing it just for the sake of a few dollars.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Juliegirlj said:

I used to think post catfish Meri was only hanging around for the show money. Lately I think she is actually attracted to Kody. In fact, if Kody put Meri back into bedroom rotation, I bet Meri would pick up right where she was before. 

I don’t blame Kody for needing a cooling off period, but he needs to decide if he can truly forgive and move on with Meri. If he can’t - he needs to tell her that. It’s passive aggressive and cowardly to not address it. 

Thank you - very good post!  I think Meri has ALWAYS loved Kody - and anyone with an eyeball in their head could see she that she was DEVASTATED by the divorce.  Meri loves kids and I think that she truly believed that this was necessary.  I believe that Robyn wanted to be the legal wife, and she wanted to pretend that Kody was the Kids' only father - hence cutting the real father's face out of the photo when the kids were babies and adding Kody's face into the picture when Kody was nowhere around back then.  It was also obvious to anyone with an eyeball that Kody was ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL about Robyn to the exclusion of not only the other wives but all of his kids and his newborn daughter, as well.  I think Meri felt unwanted, unloved, neglected, depressed and miserable - so she was vulnerable to the catfishing crap.  I DO tend to see myself in Meri, so I have a hard time being objective - but I CAN honestly say that I would never have turned to another man for comfort.  I have been single to this day.  

Kody is cruel and thoughtless with how he treats not only Meri, but his other two wives as well. (Robyn being the exception.) I don't think he ever really considers their feelings.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I may be a party of one here, but I believe that as the bloom starts to fade from the needy, whiny, cry-machine legal wife, Kody might just turn to good ol' reliable Mere - the wifey who is always waiting in the wings for her "lover" to come home - for some no strings, low-key snuggle time.  And if this happens, and the Dark Queen of the Underworld is dethroned?  Then sign me right on up for another few seasons and pass the popcorn!

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Exactly, if he gave her the,  slightest encouragement she'd back in his bed in a flash!

I mean she's said more than once that her relationship with him isn't where SHE would like it to be.

It's weird, no matter how hard I try to imagine it I can't see Kody and Meri being affectionate or having sex... I think the only reason Kody even acknowledges her is for the sake of the show and if the show ended tomorrow he'd kick her ass to the curb and the others would fall in line and freeze her out.

Meri is always so brusque and like a big old bear the way she lumbers around in her too small clothing and clodhopper boots.... Not an attractive package but I guess it's no worse than 2 ton Janelle and her rotten cheese feet. Yuck! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Dark Queen of the Underworld is dethroned

Love that description!  lol

27 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Meri is always so brusque and like a big old bear the way she lumbers around in her too small clothing and clodhopper boots.... Not an attractive package but I guess it's no worse than 2 ton Janelle and her rotten cheese feet. Yuck! 

Then you have Robyn with the six kids in the bed and her square chin made of ice cold steel poking you.  I guess it's going to have to be Christine all the way.  lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don’t think Kody has any desire to put her back in the rotation. He does not appear physically attracted to her at all—she must weigh 220 lb now and stomps around like a linebacker. Don’t even get me started on the ugly clothes.  

All he uses her for is chit chat. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Seriously? What about reading a book, catching up on emails, phoning a friend, taking a walk around ? Personally I can think of about a million better ways to occupy my time waiting for my car to be repaired, then to have someone take pictures of me, wearing a very ordinary outfit, in front of some tires. But then again, I maintain my car properly so it doesn’t break down mid-road trip and I’m not a narcissistic scammer with a pyramid scheme to keep going, so I suppose it makes sense. 🙄

• Love 13
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t think Kody has any desire to put her back in the rotation. He does not appear physically attracted to her at all—she must weigh 220 lb now and stomps around like a linebacker. Don’t even get me started on the ugly clothes.  

All he uses her for is chit chat. 

JMO... I don't think Kody wants anything to do with Meri but he needs her for the show so he's letting her think that there's a possibility so she'll keep hanging around like an old Hound dog.

If TLC cancelled them and there was no show involved I bet Kody would kick her ass to the curb and scurry back to Robyn..... 🐀 

Edited by Joan of Argh
SpellingK
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Thank you - very good post!  I think Meri has ALWAYS loved Kody - and anyone with an eyeball in their head could see she that she was DEVASTATED by the divorce.  Meri loves kids and I think that she truly believed that this was necessary.  I believe that Robyn wanted to be the legal wife, and she wanted to pretend that Kody was the Kids' only father - hence cutting the real father's face out of the photo when the kids were babies and adding Kody's face into the picture when Kody was nowhere around back then.  It was also obvious to anyone with an eyeball that Kody was ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL about Robyn to the exclusion of not only the other wives but all of his kids and his newborn daughter, as well.  I think Meri felt unwanted, unloved, neglected, depressed and miserable - so she was vulnerable to the catfishing crap.  I DO tend to see myself in Meri, so I have a hard time being objective - but I CAN honestly say that I would never have turned to another man for comfort.  I have been single to this day.  

Kody is cruel and thoughtless with how he treats not only Meri, but his other two wives as well. (Robyn being the exception.) I don't think he ever really considers their feelings.

Re: bolded--Kody has said as much--that his wives' feelings aren't his problem or something like that. 

And I agree with the cruel and thoughtless part. As much as I am no Meri fan, I find Kody's behavior just as, if not more, reprehensible. If he is never going to treat her as an actual wife again, then sit her down and tell her so--cut her loose spiritually (because he has already cut her loose in the legal and physical sense). Kody is a passive-aggressive coward, imo.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Seriously? What about reading a book, catching up on emails, phoning a friend, taking a walk around ? Personally I can think of about a million better ways to occupy my time waiting for my car to be repaired, then to have someone take pictures of me, wearing a very ordinary outfit, in front of some tires. 

Silly....why do all of those things when you can get someone to take your picture and spend 45 minutes typing out 15 hashtags?  I assume it was a relatively quick car repair because she didn't have time to filter herself into unrecognizability.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Which begs the question, who got roped into taking that awful shot?

Blair Michael?  Does she go anywhere without him?

• LOL 9
15 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Seriously? What about reading a book, catching up on emails, phoning a friend, taking a walk around ? Personally I can think of about a million better ways to occupy my time waiting for my car to be repaired, then to have someone take pictures of me, wearing a very ordinary outfit, in front of some tires. But then again, I maintain my car properly so it doesn’t break down mid-road trip and I’m not a narcissistic scammer with a pyramid scheme to keep going, so I suppose it makes sense. 🙄

I don't understand the level of self-absorbedness of this woman. She's just another overweight, middle aged woman wearing ugly clothes (acting like a 20-something SM influencer).  Only thing she accomplishes is convincing people like me to work out extra hard and NOT wear Lula so I don't wind up looking like.........that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7