Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

51693F7E-0DFD-4A7A-953D-9B31C8B233B2.jpeg.fdf7f15055793ce87602c6297eae9eab.jpeg

4B2FCACD-1902-43AB-AB75-34BB24DE7195.thumb.jpeg.32314e810e0e40d3b8bd18aa7483c448.jpegLulahellno knocked it out of the gridiron field with this one!  Introducing the ‘Olive’. Perfect for any occasion when you need to look like an American Footballer.  Intimidate a sister wife with your defensive style; why put your metaphorical walls up for defense, when you, yourself, can be the literal wall? Wear the shoulder-enhancing ‘Olive’ and nothing will stop you bulldozing through life!  

#Linebacker #Lulahellno #LivingMyPyramidScheme #BecauseIScam #DefenseDiva #FootballFashionRetailer #GridironGal #FieldFrump #LoveFilteringWhoIAm #TheseAreTheOnlyBallsInMyLife #ShouldersOfSteel #FlagstaffFootballGear 

Omg Sofa! 😂😂😂

The pic is perfect and the hashtags had me howling with laughter!...  Good job! Lolol

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sofa, you should write for a livingk, if you don't already!

#TheseAreTheOnlyBallsInMyLife, just too funny!  I love all of those hashtags.  

Aw you’re very kind, I’m definitely not a writer, I’m in the aesthetic medicine industry, which is as about as far opposed from writing as it gets rilly! 

I just enjoy a bit of character analysis, satire and humour and for my professional career that gets reigned right in, so playing armchair psychologist and mocking these reality TV goons is my little sanity outlet 😉 

• Love 16
On 2/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Meri even told Christine that in an episode!  Come to think of it, someone here posted such.

Take a hike, Meri.  

She could stand to, that’s for sure. A nice, 2-week long one on the John Muir (also, I’d love to see how her Lula crap stands up to anything but photo ops). 

• Love 3

Someone posted here that they would enjoy MEri if she started to snark on the family. I think this week is further proof that she reads this site. “You can use my house for gatherings.” Crickets.  Jangle’s TH, “yea, right.“  “Robin, can I stay with you? Would you like that?” Robchin turns pale, stutters, “Well, if you needed to, I guess.”  Siding with Jangles about the past trailer life.  Trying not to laugh out loud at Kootie’s oh so defeated poor pitiful me routine.  I could learn to tolerate this side of her.

Edited by lindalouwho
  • Love 7

So once you become a "customer" of a LLN seller like Meri, are you guilted and/or bombarded into buying more and more crap?  Or do these customers actually enjoy the ridiculously complicated method of logging into Facebook Live at all hours of the day to secure the latest XL "Olive" with pea-green and orange stripes?  OR - is it somehow tied to Meri's customers getting their kicks that a Z-list celeb is selling them this stuff?  I am just trying to wrap my head around how people are buying from Meri, yet consider her a "friend."  She's not a friend - she's a rung in a pyramid scheme and she's stepping on her buyers to get higher up the ladder. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

This new Meri is entertaining and I like her.  How about the comment she made in regards to her LV house being up for sale "And it has a wet bar" with I swear a little wink to the camera?  She's totally making jokes for us to catch.  And unless they are purposefully editing her better, the only moodiness we've seen is the tea party lunch get together with the wives when she complained about no one helping her move big stuff.  Other than that she's been rather chipper and uncomplaining.  

• Love 10
15 hours ago, crimson23 said:

that's not a happy puppy.  the makeup is not flattering. I don't get the eyebrows, or the always multicolored hair.

As much as I dislike Meri, I can’t fault her for the different shades of hair. Root grow out is a thing, just pay attention and you’ll see it everywhere.  I actually think she’d look better with lowlights thrown in there, too. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
Just now, TurtlePower said:

As much as I dislike Meri, I can’t fault her for the different shades of hair. Root grow out is a thing, just pay attention and you’ll see it everywhere.  I actually think she’s look better with lowlights thrown in there, too. 

I agree.  And I want to add - Meri DOES love children and animals and is always kind to them.  That is HUGE to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I agree.  And I want to add - Meri DOES love children and animals and is always kind to them.  That is HUGE to me.

Wasn’t Meri involved when their dog watched it’s own grave being dug?

Is it not implied in one of the Brown kids’ SM posts that Meri was a tyrant?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LydiaE said:

Oh dear  - you may be right!!  I avoided that dog issue like the plague since I am a huge animal lover - but I would imagine she probably WAS there!!  And I don't know about the tyrant bit - that may or may not be true.  Oftentimes a parent who is more strict is seen as a tyrant to an angry teenager, so I will reserve judgement on that for a bit.  But I do think you are right about that poor dog and the grave, which is horrible!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But I do think you are right about that poor dog and the grave, which is horrible!

That episode was the reason I quit watching.

That is a very, very young puppy in the picture, not of an age to be taken from mom. I hope he was just a prop.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Oh dear  - you may be right!!  I avoided that dog issue like the plague since I am a huge animal lover - but I would imagine she probably WAS there!!  And I don't know about the tyrant bit - that may or may not be true.  Oftentimes a parent who is more strict is seen as a tyrant to an angry teenager, so I will reserve judgement on that for a bit.  But I do think you are right about that poor dog and the grave, which is horrible!

The only dog I have seen Meri interact with is Moseby, Mariah's dog and it's natural that he would be comfortable in Meri's company, he's been around her since he was a pup.

As far as kids are concerned, there was Maddie's thinly veiled outburst that seemed strongly to be aimed at Meri, when she mentioned "someone who made your life miserable for your whole life" (paraphrasing), I can't imagine that kind of venom directed to Janelle, Christine or Kody and Robyn hadn't been around her whole life.

Most of the older kids seem to be relaxed around her but they are removed from her influence now that they are on their own.  I recall Christine asking that Meri refrain from correcting her kids behavior as she was too harsh.  Meri also spoke out when she felt one of the girls was dressed immodestly.

We have seen Meri all over Sol, although even him, she tried to use as a buffer against Mariah's wrath in the aftermath of the catfish scenario.  I was relieved that Robyn nixed that as Meri was too emotionally distraught at that time to be responsible for a 2 year old.  Aside from that, Meri has invested as great deal of time and energy into creating a bond with Sol.  It would have been nice to see Meri spending time with Savanah and Truely, a mani/pedi afternoon and a girls lunch out.  Maybe this happens periodically and it's just not shown in episodes but it seems to me that Meri curries favor with Sol because he is Kody's "Golden Boy".

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, LydiaE said:

Yes, Meri was pissed because the dog who was put down was peeing on the floor. That's why they put him down. She was annoyed and tired of cleaning up after him. 

That was Maddie.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

That is a very, very young puppy in the picture, not of an age to be taken from mom. I hope he was just a prop.

She'd better not get a dog, what with her constant LuLaNo conventions/cruises/Disney trips.  That woman is constantly on a plane to somewhere.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

it seems to me that Meri curries favor with Sol because he is Kody's "Golden Boy".

Eh.... I'm not so sure of that.  I think Kody's only "golden boy" (although not blond) is Caleb.  That's the ONLY son (son-in-law) that we ever see him get excited over.  I've barely seen Kody engage with Solomon - no more than he does with his other kids, at least.  Robyn is so demanding on how her kids have to be raised that he might even resent it a bit.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Eh.... I'm not so sure of that.  I think Kody's only "golden boy" (although not blond) is Caleb.  That's the ONLY son (son-in-law) that we ever see him get excited over.  I've barely seen Kody engage with Solomon - no more than he does with his other kids, at least.  Robyn is so demanding on how her kids have to be raised that he might even resent it a bit.

I dunno, for the first 3 years of his life, Sol was carried around by Kody as if he was a trophy or a growth on his shoulder.  We haven't witnessed interaction with the other kids as babies except for Truely, who I never saw him even hold as an infant, yet he knew the schedule of Robyn's youngest down to minute detail when the wives were planning a trip away from home.

Of the older kids, Caleb for sure ranks above his own sons, probably because they share an interest in what Kody considers "manly" pursuits.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Kody's attention span is so short that he loves the little ones until they reach the age where they no longer worship at his feet and then he loses interest and moves on.  I have seen it happen my whole life in my family and then in my husband's family.  Truely never had a chance to get Daddy's adoration during her little years because he was too consumed with his new play thing Robyn and Truely became Christine's emotional support baby.

Tho I do agree that Robyn is most likely over the top with lots of rules for Kody to follow in the raising of HER children. I have a feeling that part of Robyn and Kody's "negotiations" during courtship was very very firm rules for him to follow with her children.  I was shocked when she actually put on camera how upset she was that Logan dared to actually go off to university and denied her children the "Logan big brother Brown Family Experience".

As for Caleb...I suspect that Caleb is polite and listens to Kody's over the top rambling/nonsense.  He is used to being with all of his brothers and so he can fit in.  Kody seems to idolize strong men who are okay within themselves (I suspect he has so many Daddy issues that he isn't "okay" within himself) Kody's sons are over him, they know he is a blow hard ass hat and they just want to get on with their own lives the second that they can.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

As for Caleb...I suspect that Caleb is polite and listens to Kody's over the top rambling/nonsense.  He is used to being with all of his brothers and so he can fit in.  Kody seems to idolize strong men who are okay within themselves (I suspect he has so many Daddy issues that he isn't "okay" within himself) Kody's sons are over him, they know he's a blow hard ass hat and they just want to get on with their own lives the second that they can.

This is probably true, because we don't see FT or Mitch falling all over themselves listening to Kody hold court with his bloviations...in fact, on Mitch and Aspyn's wedding day, Mitch seemed weary of Kody's shenanigans about 14 seconds after Kody put his kilt on and yanked it up high like he was trying to show off his goodies.  And FT was perfectly fine with Kody mortgaging his homes to pay for the 4,000 street-taco jubilee, so I guess it's natural for Kody to gravitate towards Caleb, the one son/son-in-law that for some reason isn't completely over Kody's theatrics.

• Love 6

I think Meri comes off as a tyrant because she’s a straight up control freak.  In season one, she was very particular about lots of things, including how pictures were taken.  I can see how she’d clash with Janelle, who seems so lethargic and slovenly and Christine who seemed ditzy and frazzled from being an unpaid childcare worker. 

While shes repugnant to me, through Meri I can see how I could never function in a plural situation. That huge gaggle of kids making constant messes and so needy of attention and affection. I’d feel so much sympathy towards them but I’d have to retreat to my own space because I couldn’t handle the mess, disorder, and constant social contact. Then imagine every time you tried to put order things or, gasp, verbally discipline a child, seeing daggers come from sister wives’ eyes or feeling the wrath of the sister wives’ teen/young adult girls who obviously resented you. That and having to deal with Kody’s BS...

• Love 14
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

As much as I dislike Meri, I can’t fault her for the different shades of hair. Root grow out is a thing, just pay attention and you’ll see it everywhere.  I actually think she’d look better with lowlights thrown in there, too. 

I understand the concept of Roots. LOL   Meri seems to have an endless supply, never touches them up and has a crappy hairdresser. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

I understand the concept of Roots. LOL   Meri seems to have an endless supply, never touches them up and has a crappy hairdresser. 

I guess what I was trying to convey is that it's trendy to let roots grow out, especially for blondes. To let them grow out for a while isn't a hair faux pas anymore. 

Overall I don't like her hair and think resembles straw much of the time. Could be Meri's stylist isn't crappy, but submits to Meri's demands. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

I have NO DOUBT that she does it herself.  I can't imagine her paying money to go a stylist when she can't part with the money to fix her two brown teeth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LydiaE said:

I think Meri comes off as a tyrant because she’s a straight up control freak.  In season one, she was very particular about lots of things, including how pictures were taken.  I can see how she’d clash with Janelle, who seems so lethargic and slovenly and Christine who seemed ditzy and frazzled from being an unpaid childcare worker. 

While shes repugnant to me, through Meri I can see how I could never function in a plural situation. That huge gaggle of kids making constant messes and so needy of attention and affection. I’d feel so much sympathy towards them but I’d have to retreat to my own space because I couldn’t handle the mess, disorder, and constant social contact. Then imagine every time you tried to put order things or, gasp, verbally discipline a child, seeing daggers come from sister wives’ eyes or feeling the wrath of the sister wives’ teen/young adult girls who obviously resented you. That and having to deal with Kody’s BS...

Meri's "control" probably stems from a life of having to share everything.  She is highly protective of "mine!!"

She comes from a monster sized family.  Her Dad had 5 wives and I think she says that she had 25 siblings.  So...in large families everything is shared, what little is actually and truly yours is coveted. I have seen this in my family and my husband's family.  My mother came from poverty and what little she had that was really really hers was treated as if it was priceless.  My husband is the oldest of 4 and they also were very poor and his siblings could fight to the death over scraps of nothing on the floor if they got to declare that it was "MINE". While he has learned to soften, he has strong selfish tendencies, the younger three are hoarders of everything they can get their hands on.

Meri then enters a world where she has to not only share everything, but she has to keep a smile on her face to boot.  So I can understand when she puts time and money into things that she covets, (which seems to be old things from her family/past etc.) and she has a taste level for things that are more expensive than other wives can readily settle with. She is fussy over the things because she can be.  She has to share the husband, she has to share her daughter, she has to share space and budget so she gets overly protective to MINE!! How dare anyone say that she should get less money just because she has less children!!?? If she can't have babies then she has to make due with STUFF and bedrooms and french doors and wet bars.  Even the creepy way that she declares Mariah as "MY DAUGHTER" as she shoves some weird pole that she is holding to Garrison to run across the room after Mariah announces her engagement.

And even her and Mariah's relationship.  Sure its easy to only see the issues after the catfishing time because they repeated it ad nauseam on the show, but her issues with Mariah went back to the beginning of the show and long before that.  Mariah is the perfect blend of Kody and Meri and Meri very much enmeshed Mariah as the ONLY thing in the family that was well and truly HERS.  Based on my personal experience Mariah has more reasons to set adult boundaries with Meri than just the catfish experience.  Meri treated her like a bestie bestie and an emotional support child to boot.

It is natural for us, looking inside to think that they really have to be selfless and ready for a lifetime of sharing, but when everything is shared and it is a forced lifestyle (pounded into them from birth) then you cope however you can.  For Meri that is extreme control over her personal space and all that stuff.

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Even the creepy way that she declares Mariah as "MY DAUGHTER" as she shoves some weird pole that she is holding to Garrison to run across the room after Mariah announces her engagement.

I felt bad for Meri here because clearly she didn't know that Mariah and Audrey were engaged.  The way she was adamant about it being OK for Janelle to know the sex of Maddie's baby before anyone else reinforced that she probably was disappointed Mariah didn't give her that courtesy.

• Love 14

Along with what's already been mentioned, I also feel sorry for Meri because of the 5 spouses, only Meri didn't actively choose polygamy?  From what I've here, the impression I get is that polygamy was Kody's dream, and not Meri's, but she agreed in order to keep her man.  I could be off-base, but if I'm not, that sucks.  

The other 3 wives went into the situation fully aware of the other marriages.  Did she and Kody always plan to take on other wives? 

Meri was a monogamist, however briefly.  And now she's at the bottom of her husband's heap.  Yikes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Along with what's already been mentioned, I also feel sorry for Meri because of the 5 spouses, only Meri didn't actively choose polygamy?  From what I've here, the impression I get is that polygamy was Kody's dream, and not Meri's, but she agreed in order to keep her man.  I could be off-base, but if I'm not, that sucks.  

The other 3 wives went into the situation fully aware of the other marriages.  Did she and Kody always plan to take on other wives? 

Meri was a monogamist, however briefly.  And now she's at the bottom of her husband's heap.  Yikes.

Although it's technically more complicated because of the polygamy, Kody DID divorce Meri.  She is living like a divorced woman, too.  Meri COULD leave at any time if it was unbearable.

I am one of the viewers who believes Meri only stays because Kody and the rest of the family insist because of TLC.  I think Kody believes it would be the end of the show (which seems to ME to be teetering as it is since there is nothing remotely interesting to film), so she stays.  For now.  I also tend to wonder if Meri still loves Kody and she's trying to please him. Not that he tosses her the tiniest scraps of affection in return.  But some people really love the unattainable - it's just how they are wired. 

There are MANY first wives who did not sign up for polygamy, who TRY their hardest for years and then finally give up and leave.  Ask ANY of those wives - they are MUCH happier in the long run away from that awful scenario.

• Love 12

I don't root for the disintegration of anybody's family, but I'd be in for another season if it were about the dismantling of the Brown's and the aftermath, if that's where they're headed.  It'd be fascinating, if they were able to be even slightly honest about what was happening.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I have NO DOUBT that she does it herself.  I can't imagine her paying money to go a stylist when she can't part with the money to fix her two brown teeth.

Hey!  I was just at the dentist today. 
I got crowns on both my front top teeth. I had microfractures so my insurance covered it.  
However, the cost without insurance (cash price) was $2200.00 per tooth. 
Meri can afford trips and cruises and etc, she can afford $2200 for that tooth. 
She always has dark roots.  I’ve often wondered how her dark roots are always the same length. 

• Love 7
On 2/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, LydiaE said:

It seems that someone like Meri would be good for this gaggle because someone needs to GET SHIT DONE.  But I am sure she is a bear to deal with.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Hmmm, sounds to me like Meri is trying to work the 12 Step Program and is asking for family co-operation in helping her achieve her goals.

Or alternatively, she just found that meme online and wanted to post it to appear deep. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

31F07AA5-3318-420D-8F84-C1E46F3727B7.jpeg

If she's talking about herself, she can stop right there.

She never came clean about the catfish situation and unless (or until) she has, she has no business asking for forgiveness. Kody nailed it when he said she keeps acting like the victim. She does. 

If she really wants to work that angle, she needs to own her part in it, even if it's painful. Then, and only then, can she truly move on. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Hmmm, sounds to me like Meri is trying to work the 12 Step Program and is asking for family co-operation in helping her achieve her goals.

could be, It would more sincere and taken seriously, IF she ever took ownership of past mistakes instead of blaming them on everyone else. She wants everyone to forget and forgive It doesn't work that way.

• Love 11
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

She's like the Tin Man - all hollow inside.

Hollow except for the space for her narcissism. I was pulling for Meri for a while, like if she’s not happy, just express that honestly. Instead, she does it passive aggressively. She pulls the same shit year after year after year. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her apologize for anything. 

It was awesome when Kody put it out there that Meri plays games and always has. It’s the elephant in the room they tiptoe around and have been for years. It’s time to acknowledge it, kick the elephant out the door or better yet, release it halfway around the world so it doesn’t find its way back. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Hollow except for the space for her narcissism. I was pulling for Meri for a while, like if she’s not happy, just express that honestly. Instead, she does it passive aggressively. She pulls the same shit year after year after year. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her apologize for anything. 

It was awesome when Kody put it out there that Meri plays games and always has. It’s the elephant in the room they tiptoe around and have been for years. It’s time to acknowledge it, kick the elephant out the door or better yet, release it halfway around the world so it doesn’t find its way back. 

Yes!  She chose to marry a polygamist, just like her father.  If she didn't like Kootie taking on her ex-sister-in-law, then was the time to speak up.  After all, doesn't the existing wife have veto power?  That is what they've pretty much said, all along!  More lies?

• Love 5
On 2/29/2020 at 9:43 PM, crimson23 said:

could be, It would more sincere and taken seriously, IF she ever took ownership of past mistakes instead of blaming them on everyone else. She wants everyone to forget and forgive It doesn't work that way.

Do we KNOW that Meri hasn't done this? We don't see the Brown fambly's every waking moment--only what TLC films AND edits. What's been said/done offscreen may be too boring for the show -- it's the drama/conflict/bitter feelings=better ratings. Personally I hope Meri leaves -- then the show can end for good. I certainly have no interest in Kody and his wife and girlfriend/baby mama doing nothing with occasional input from Kody's other girl-friend (who happens to be his other baby mama)--worse than watching paint dry.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes!  She chose to marry a polygamist, just like her father.  If she didn't like Kootie taking on her ex-sister-in-law, then was the time to speak up.  After all, doesn't the existing wife have veto power?  That is what they've pretty much said, all along!  More lies?

Yes.  Who says that - the Browns?  Maybe it was true in THEIR family.

• Love 5

I remember Robyn saying specifically that it was 'bad form' for a man to seek other wives.  And Kootie actually said early on, "Meri was the BAIT."  Yeah, I think that's a load of crap.  But it's their story.

No man on earth would be worth putting up with Meri or Robyn.  Not in a million.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember Robyn saying specifically that it was 'bad form' for a man to seek other wives.  And Kootie actually said early on, "Meri was the BAIT."  Yeah, I think that's a load of crap.  But it's their story.

No man on earth would be worth putting up with Meri or Robyn.  Not in a million.

In the "olden days", I guess if a man felt bored with his wives - he found another one.  His wives didn't go trolling FOR him.  Either way it's skeevy, but for a husband to expect his wives to find a new chickypoo FOR him is REALLY weird.  Maybe it comforts Robyn to think EVERYBODY wants her in their family.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4