Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I'm sure this has been asked before but does Jackie Overton's voice sound like a man?  Also, didn't they do live facetime calls and if so how did Jackie look like a man?

They didn't do facetime calls, and Jackie is a big fat butch woman who can make her voice sound low.   Personally I think she sounded like an effeminate man or a butch woman in those calls - the voice NEVER matched the supposed "ONE in existence" half-faced photo of Sam.

The fact that Sam only had ONE photo to his name should have been a huge tip off to Meri.

• Love 9

Meri was super gullible and refused, REFUSED!!!! to listen to ANYONE including other women who had been scammed by "Sam" and reached out to try and reason with her.  

Also, if you go to the very beginning of this thread (actually more like the bottom of page 2) you can read the very lengthy discussions we all had on this catfish saga when Meri "broke up" with ol' Sam and Overton started releasing the voicemails, screenshots of texts, and of course the infamous banana photo.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

wow.  You can SEE the FaceTime filter layover.  so fakety-fake.

Also - like mother like daughter?  Commuting between Flagstaff and Parowan is "quarantine"?

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

wow.  You can SEE the FaceTime filter layover.  so fakety-fake.

Is that what's going on? I don't think I've ever seen so much eyeliner on a lower lid outside of a comic book movie.

thumb_onascale-of-winter-soldier-to-ronan-how-intense-is-your-24303931.png

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • LOL 14
5 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Is that what's going on? I don't think I've ever seen so much eyeliner on a lower lid outside of a comic book movie.

It's reminiscent of those doctored photos of pre-pubescent beauty pageant girls. ick.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What a horrible picture.  All that black shit around her eyes, and those ugly eyebrows, are nightmare-inducing.  She has a Lizzie's shirt on, so is she rilly at Lizzie's with those rolls?  

Like anyone's going to want to stay there now.

• Love 9

You know, as we get older (I am 49), we are supposed to go lighter on the eye makeup.  All that harsh dark stuff is seriously aging her, she looks 10 years older than she is. 
And those rolls look like buttholes.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It looks like a fancy Aebleskiver pan. Not really designed for cinnamon rolls but mini stuffed pancakes. It is a lovely pan though...just keep your hair away from the food...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

It looks like a fancy Aebleskiver pan. Not really designed for cinnamon rolls but mini stuffed pancakes. It is a lovely pan though...just keep your hair away from the food...

It's one of those pans they sell on QVC.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Quarantine? BULLSHIT. She’s got her selfish bitch daughter who traveled across the country there with her.

Also? The 80s called, Meri, it wants its eyeliner back. And order some toner for that yellow straw on your head. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Way too much icing.

Meri has a tendency to over-embellish everything she tackles.  Her makeup is a prime example.  She may think that by overloading with icing on the cake, it disguises what lies beneath.

• Love 12

My niece and my sister were playing with the filters on their Instagram stories yesterday and one of the filters they used actually does that smudgy mascara look. Completely unflattering if you ask me, but the two of them were just having fun.

That said, I think Meri uses the paid version of Facetune with a heavy hand. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

ALL of her insta photos are of HER. 

Jeez. Get over yourself, lady. Kody doesn't GAF. He sees you without the filters. 

A37C2928-4FDC-4653-8D7F-161A4F7875C0.jpeg

You know, she’s had a lot of “come hither” type looks on her face lately.  Wonder if she has a new man...or “man”? 

• LOL 6
7 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She wishes.

Wouldn't she be engaging in a form of catfishing herself if she's hoping to attract a potential suitor with these filtered selfies?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Wouldn't she be engaging in a form of catfishing herself if she's hoping to attract a potential suitor with these filtered selfies?  

No, I don't think it would be, technically.   If she was seriously wanting to meet a significant other through social media and not just playing games - if her photo doesn't necessarily look like she does in person, that is more a matter of lying, not catfishing.  A catfisher has no intention of meeting their love interest and they do it for personal gain (which isn't always monetary.)  Lots and lots of people use old photos on dating sites and whatnot - and although it's dishonest, they are still seeking to meet members of the opposite sex.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, gingerella said:

But she looks a LOT thinner, is it the filters or did she lose weight?

Filters for sure.  Some of the photos in the above montage go back to when the episodes we just saw were filmed.  She looked lumpy and chunky on camera and if you check out her LLR postings for the past few years, she appears to be Slenderella in all of them.  She's not fooling anyone but her devotees and herself.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, gingerella said:

But she looks a LOT thinner, is it the filters or did she lose weight?

Just a friendly reminder:   With the ongoing current pandemic, posters should please refrain from mentioning anyone who looks thinner or is losing weight.  Remember that many people are stuck in their home with a mountain of junk food and widening girths.  Thank you.

::::crunches happily away on a box of Hello Panda cookies:::::

• LOL 21
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

No, I don't think it would be, technically.   If she was seriously wanting to meet a significant other through social media and not just playing games - if her photo doesn't necessarily look like she does in person, that is more a matter of lying, not catfishing.  A catfisher has no intention of meeting their love interest and they do it for personal gain (which isn't always monetary.)  Lots and lots of people use old photos on dating sites and whatnot - and although it's dishonest, they are still seeking to meet members of the opposite sex.

Would it be fair to call it Bait and Switch then? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I'm on Match and Bumble, and make a point of using unfiltered photos in my profile. It's so obvious when filters are used - guys do it too. 

Since we can't date in person, I always ask if we could FaceTime or Zoom after the first couple phone calls.  That tends to weed out the guys who are filtering or using old photos because they'll make excuses for why they can't - even if I suggest we schedule a time/date (I say "it'll give me an excuse to dress up and put on some lipstick and mascara!"). I've been on and off dating sites since 2013 and there are guys on there who use the SAME photos they used 6-7 years ago. Yikes! 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I always wonder how these people using old pix expect to get away with it if/when there's an in-person meeting. I've actually ended dates before they began and tell them directly why. I even have a script: 

Hmmmm...looks like you stretched a little bit on your profile! I don't think we're a good fit, so I'm not staying for this date. I'm giving you the rest of your afternoon back. Good luck! *Smiles, turns around, walks back to car*

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Good grief I hope it's OK to ask but is that real...  Or is it a creature from a movie? 

I honestly don't know!   I saw it on FB and it went with this thread!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm on Match and Bumble, and make a point of using unfiltered photos in my profile. It's so obvious when filters are used - guys do it too. 

Since we can't date in person, I always ask if we could FaceTime or Zoom after the first couple phone calls.  That tends to weed out the guys who are filtering or using old photos because they'll make excuses for why they can't - even if I suggest we schedule a time/date (I say "it'll give me an excuse to dress up and put on some lipstick and mascara!"). I've been on and off dating sites since 2013 and there are guys on there who use the SAME photos they used 6-7 years ago. Yikes! 

Lol... Mr. Juicyfruit and I met on a dating site 14 years ago. Every once in a while we will look at the site again together for kicks and there are people using the same pics from even back then! A few of them are people we knew from high school days (we both grew up in the same town but went to different schools). It's crazy what people will try to get away with. Good luck out there!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, juicyfruit said:

Lol... Mr. Juicyfruit and I met on a dating site 14 years ago. Every once in a while we will look at the site again together for kicks and there are people using the same pics from even back then! A few of them are people we knew from high school days (we both grew up in the same town but went to different schools). It's crazy what people will try to get away with. Good luck out there!

Same with a ton of my friends on Facebook.  We are all around 50 now, but many use profile pics that are 20-30 years old. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I have not watched this show at all until this year and have only seen a couple of episodes. I just saw the tell all from last night and from what I can tell it looks like Meri is just around for whatever crumbs she can pick up from Krudi.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that when they first married, there was no talk of polygamy, so basically Krudi has defrauded her. Now she runs around acting as though if she gave up on this fraudulent "marriage" it would be her fault for "not trying," and of course Krudi encourages her in this delusion.

I always wind up feeling nauseous after watching this pathetic bunch.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

image.png.b57e5f6e58abc7533612e86f1870ecf8.png

Good gracious, Kayanight!  😮 At least put up a warning before such displays!  😖  I'm just getting to my first cup of coffee this morning!  Bad, Kaya!  Bad, bad, bad!! 🗞  😛

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, renatae said:

I have not watched this show at all until this year and have only seen a couple of episodes. I just saw the tell all from last night and from what I can tell it looks like Meri is just around for whatever crumbs she can pick up from Krudi.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that when they first married, there was no talk of polygamy, so basically Krudi has defrauded her. Now she runs around acting as though if she gave up on this fraudulent "marriage" it would be her fault for "not trying," and of course Krudi encourages her in this delusion.

There was a tell all last night? I thought there wasn't one this season.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think that's a reference to a previous season.  There was no tell nothing this year.  First of all, they never say anything and second we already know pretty much everything about their lives from social media. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I'm sorry, I meant to specify that the tell all was from a previous season. My bad!

• Love 2
On 4/19/2020 at 5:00 AM, DakotaJustice said:

It's one of those pans they sell on QVC.

I was just going to post the same thing. This is Temptations from QVC.  I have had several pieces of this brand, and I have found that they chip easily (see Janelle's dishes, which are also this brand).  I have also had the 9X13 crack in two while in the oven.  I don't use any of this stuff anymore.

• Useful 5
On 4/18/2020 at 5:58 PM, Meowwww said:

You know, as we get older (I am 49), we are supposed to go lighter on the eye makeup.  All that harsh dark stuff is seriously aging her, she looks 10 years older than she is. 
And those rolls look like buttholes.  

*Butthole rolls* has me, no bullshit, howling with laughter right now. Holy shit! Thank you!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, renatae said:

Meri had been raised in polygamy and Kody was a recent convert to the concept when they married.  He may have been gung-ho to give it a try but in Meri's own words, she was equally eager to live the life.

If you go over to the thread "Books and Documentaries About Polygamy...." and scroll back to Ginger 90's April 12th post, you will find an excerpt from their book.  This excerpt deals with the courtship of Kody and Meri and the very last paragraph deals with Meri's and Kody's mutual decision to embrace polygamy.

Just my opinion, but I don't feel that Kody defrauded Meri at all, if anything, she defrauded him by leading him to believe that this was her calling.  She may not have come to this realization until after marriage but the time to state her misgivings and change of heart would have been during the first 3 years of marriage, before accepting another wife to the fold.

Edited by Sandy W
spellnk, typed covert instead of convert.
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Just my opinion, but I don't feel that Kody defrauded Meri at all, if anything, she defrauded him by leading him to believe that this was her calling.  She may not have come to this realization until after marriage but the time to state her misgivings and change of heart would have been during the first 3 years of marriage, before accepting another wife to the fold.

So this leads to an interesting discussion.  What do you think would have happened if Meri said that she didn't want polygamy after all.  Do you think Kody would have accepted that and stayed with just Meri... or do you think he would have defied her (which some bums do) and married another wife anyway?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

So this leads to an interesting discussion.  What do you think would have happened if Meri said that she didn't want polygamy after all.  Do you think Kody would have accepted that and stayed with just Meri... or do you think he would have defied her (which some bums do) and married another wife anyway?  

Interesting indeed Kya and you come from a much deeper understanding than I do and I fully respect your POV.

If Meri and Kody had been as giddy in love as they proclaimed to be, it may have been a mutual decision to remain monogamous, they did have one false start with a potential new bride in the first year or so and for some reason that fell through. With Kody being a recent convert, I tend to think that he would have respected Meri's "power of veto" over a new wife, but who knows?  I don't think he had "the hots" for Janelle in any case.

I have wondered if Meri had looked upon Janelle as a default wife, no physical appearance competition for Kody's love and affection but a token concession to the plural life. Plus, Janelle brought into the family the benefits of a full time job and income, freeing Meri to accompany Kody on romantic get-away business and pleasure trips.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If Meri and Kody had been as giddy in love as they proclaimed to be, it may have been a mutual decision to remain monogamous, they did have one false start with a potential new bride in the first year or so and for some reason that fell through. With Kody being a recent convert, I tend to think that he would have respected Meri's "power of veto" over a new wife, but who knows?  I don't think he had "the hots" for Janelle in any case.

I have wondered if Meri had looked upon Janelle as a default wife, no physical appearance competition for Kody's love and affection but a token concession to the plural life. Plus, Janelle brought into the family the benefits of a full time job and income, freeing Meri to accompany Kody on romantic get-away business and pleasure trips.

I forgot about the potential bride that fell through.  I wonder what she was like?

I think if Meri had said no way to polygamy, Kody wouldn't have married Janelle.  Possibly not even Christine.  But I think at some point down the line when Kody got sick of being bossed around by Meri, he would have had a roving eye.  And in order to justify his extra-marital sex, he would have married someone eventually, regardless of whether Meri wanted it or not.

I think when Kody married Robyn and in the years since, he has shown that he really doesn't give a damn what Meri or ANY of the wives want or need.  He pretty much does what he wants.

But we will never know.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 16