Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I find it interesting Mariah is staying with the mother she seems to barely tolerate and not the father she puts on a pedestal. It doesn’t seem like she goes to him for anything. Has he even visited her in Chicago? He doesn’t seem to interact with any of the non-Robin  kids, when there isn’t a camera in the room. 

What a great point about Mariah expecting better behavior/support from her mom while accepting crumbs from her dad.  I think there’s a name for that condition, and it might be called “Daddy issues” not “soul mates”,  which is what Mariah has called Kody’s relationship to his kids - “soul mates”.  

It’s just the kind of “soul mates” where everyone gets what they get based on how outspoken/entitled/successful their mother is,  and where some live in a bungalow while others live in a mansion.  That kind.  

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Must be hard to be "focused" on her goals when her eyes don't line up anymore.  Those filters make her look wonkier than ever.

And her eyebrows HAVE to be at least 5 inches long!

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

Her brown eyeshadow looks like bruises from someone whose right arm punches harder than the left.  Doesn't she have mirrors at Lizzie's? The eyebrows, mascara & shadow on the two eyes don't match at all.

• Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Her brown eyeshadow looks like bruises from someone whose right arm punches harder than the left.  Doesn't she have mirrors at Lizzie's? The eyebrows, mascara & shadow on the two eyes don't match at all.

And one eyebrow is way longer than the other, and the other one arches more.  Maybe it’s a by-product of the filter? 
ETA the comments.  Ugh.  “Meri you look so skinny!   You’re such an inspiration!”  Etc etc etc. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

ETA the comments.  Ugh.  “Meri you look so skinny!   You’re such an inspiration!”  Etc etc etc. 

Butt kissing the "celebrity".  She could smear mascara all over her face and they would say, "you're so creative and unique!  I love how aren't afraid to be yourself!"

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

"Love Yourself" indeed.  She and her spawn spend 100% of their time doing (and posting about) self care.  They have no room in their hearts to love anybody but themselves.

This. It’s what they’re best at. ME ME ME. 

• Love 9

Good grief, does LuLuNoWay implant chips in the brains of their consultants?  What a long-winded paragraph saying nothing except "Me!  It's Me!  I am all about Me!  If you don't like Me that's okay because I love Me!  Me sells LulaNope and Me is My own boss because ME ME MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!"

Loving her suddenly prominent cheekbones and nosejob, though.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
On 5/16/2020 at 11:37 AM, ginger90 said:

#MosbyAndKody???   She has Kody on her mind.

On 5/17/2020 at 5:41 PM, ginger90 said:

I guess she lost that 50 lbs quickly, living with Pudge.  She is eating all the food.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

#MosbyAndKody???   She has Kody on her mind.

Pretty sure she meant Koda...her autocorrect may have helped in that post... But sure she has Kody on her mind all the time...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

I guess she lost that 50 lbs quickly, living with Pudge.  She is eating all the food.

Maybe she's not eating because of the stroke she apparently had that has the left side of her face sagging an inch lower than the right side and her eyes going in two different directions.  

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
On 5/3/2020 at 3:29 PM, deirdra said:

The black washcloths are particularly hellish, but no cartoonist would even conceive of such a BnB "feature".

On 5/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I still wouldn't like eating with strangers, or black washcloths.

Black washcloths are a Martha Stewart "thing." She suggests providing one to guests, having it embroidered with "Makeup" along with their regular towels. That way they can use a washcloth that won't show impossible-to-remove stains. Saves a LOT of bleaching & disappointment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Why not provide make-up removing puffs or wipes?  Even if you clean black washcloths, you probably cannot completely get the smell of other peoples' makeup off them.  Sure black washcloths are reusable, but not 1000 times without fading and fraying, so they are going to get thrown out before they justify the environmental cost of producing them and their dye.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

Why not provide make-up removing puffs or wipes?  Even if you clean black washcloths, you probably cannot completely get the smell of other peoples' makeup off them.  Sure black washcloths are reusable, but not 1000 times without fading and fraying, so they are going to get thrown out before they justify the environmental cost of producing them and their dye.

A major point of using cloth washcloths has been touted as being environmentally friendly, but you're saying it's more costly?  I thought a main message of environmentalists is to get away from single use items including single use wipes of all kinds, house cleaning, handi-wipes, baby wipes, make up removers, etc.  Has that message/theory been changing recently?

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

A major point of using cloth washcloths has been touted as being environmentally friendly, but you're saying it's more costly?  I thought a main message of environmentalists is to get away from single use items including single use wipes of all kinds, house cleaning, handi-wipes, baby wipes, make up removers, etc.  Has that message/theory been changing recently?

I'm assuming cotton washcloths would have a similarly large energy-consuming life-cycle as cotton grocery bags. Comparing resources and energy-consuming life-cycles, a 2018 Danish study looked at the number of times a bag should be reused before being used as a garbage-can liner and then discarded and found that: polypropylene bags (most of the green reusable bags found at supermarkets) should be used 37 times; paper bags should be used 43 times, and cotton bags should be used 7,100 times. Cotton fields have to be tilled, seeds planted, irrigated, harvested, carded, woven into cloth, cut and sewn, and transported to their destinations (and each bag weighs a lot more than polypropylene, so higher fuel costs).  Then they have to be washed once in a while until used 7100 times, if they last that long. Paper bags  are made from lumberyard waste, not trees grown just for that purpose.

You could make washcloths out of polypropylene, but they'd be non-absorbent & useless.  One-use paper products, like a square or two of toilet paper to remove makeup get my vote. Though I wear so little makeup and it is mostly worn off by the time I clean my face, so there is little residue to remove.

• Useful 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I'm assuming cotton washcloths would have a similarly large energy-consuming life-cycle as cotton grocery bags. Comparing resources and energy-consuming life-cycles, a 2018 Danish study looked at the number of times a bag should be reused before being used as a garbage-can liner and then discarded and found that: polypropylene bags (most of the green reusable bags found at supermarkets) should be used 37 times; paper bags should be used 43 times, and cotton bags should be used 7,100 times. Cotton fields have to be tilled, seeds planted, irrigated, harvested, carded, woven into cloth, cut and sewn, and transported to their destinations (and each bag weighs a lot more than polypropylene, so higher fuel costs).  Then they have to be washed once in a while until used 7100 times, if they last that long. Paper bags  are made from lumberyard waste, not trees grown just for that purpose.

You could make washcloths out of polypropylene, but they'd be non-absorbent & useless.  One-use paper products, like a square or two of toilet paper to remove makeup get my vote. Though I wear so little makeup and it is mostly worn off by the time I clean my face, so there is little residue to remove.

Thank you!  I'm going to print this, laminate it, and pull it out every time someone berates me or anyone else for using makeup remover pads.  It'll be awesome to have a retort when they point me to the plethora of websites (including at one time the FDA and EPA - new administration changed focus), virtually all siting peer reviewed studies that say these wipes are horrible for the environment and should definitely not be used. 

I am NOT an environmentalist so it'll be awesome to have a counter argument.  Now I'll just have to find a retort to the inevitable reply about the corresponding manufacturing, packaging, transportation, sewage and landfill impact,  chemical leaching, etc that is associated with disposable make-up pads and other single use cleaning products.  Thank you again.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 1

My oldest daughter and her husband are as green as they come.  They probably leave a 5% carbon footprint.  I'm proud of them - but they can be awfully annoying at times!

• Love 9
On 5/18/2020 at 2:53 PM, Kyanight said:

But are they kitty friendly?

I was going to make a crude comment, but I harnessed my inner 12 year old boy and didn’t. 

• LOL 13
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Does Meri make owners carry their dogs in their arms so that they won't pee in the house, like she does with Mosby?

Maybe other people house train their dogs.  I know that is a foreign concept for Meri and Mariah, but it DOES happen.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Does Meri make owners carry their dogs in their arms so that they won't pee in the house, like she does with Mosby?

I don't see it on Lizzie's website now, but at one time there was a hefty surcharge ($50. as I recall).  Not sure if the fee was refundable if the dog didn't disrupt the perfection standards that Meri assumes she presents.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I don't see it on Lizzie's website now, but at one time there was a hefty surcharge ($50. as I recall).  Not sure if the fee was refundable if the dog didn't disrupt the perfection standards that Meri assumes she presents.

So hypocritical when your own dog whizzes here and there and everywhere.  She probably takes the $50 to use towards Mosby's messes.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Thank you!  I'm going to print this, laminate it, and pull it out every time someone berates me or anyone else for using makeup remover pads.  It'll be awesome to have a retort when they point me to the plethora of websites (including at one time the FDA and EPA - new administration changed focus), virtually all siting peer reviewed studies that say these wipes are horrible for the environment and should definitely not be used. 

I am NOT an environmentalist so it'll be awesome to have a counter argument.  Now I'll just have to find a retort to the inevitable reply about the corresponding manufacturing, packaging, transportation, sewage and landfill impact,  chemical leaching, etc that is associated with disposable make-up pads and other single use cleaning products.  Thank you again.

Whenever someone fusses at me about something like this I just smile and say " Thank you, it's so sweet of you to care."

• Love 3

I don't get it.  Why do people live with untrained pets?  I have a relative that has a dog that potties in the house, and the dog is at least 5 years old.  They have never been consistent with the poor dog, and I know I could not live like that.  Maybe that is why I live with cats, but I would like to get a small dog.  And I guarantee  that if I did have a dog, I would pay enough attention to and love it enough make sure the it was housebroken.  I wonder how well Lizzie's gets cleaned after a pet has been in a room.  Not everyone checks for fleas on their dog, either.

• Love 10

my former boss (20 years ago) taught her cats how to use the toilet!! 

The closest I've come to that is having them drink out of it (not my preference) and artfully fish out Q-Tips (also not my preference) which of course forces me to keep the lid down at all times. 😳

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

my former boss (20 years ago) taught her cats how to use the toilet!! 

The closest I've come to that is having them drink out of it (not my preference) and artfully fish out Q-Tips (also not my preference) which of course forces me to keep the lid down at all times. 😳

We tried to potty train our two kitties back around 1980 or so.  They sold a kit - you put this clear plastic piece under the toilet seat with a little bit of litter in it, and gradually you decrease the amount of litter and finally you take the plastic piece away and supposedly the cats will use the toilet.

Which is true.  But what you DIDN'T know is that the cats sometimes miss the water and drape a turd on the toilet seat.  Nothing QUITE so nice as getting out of bed in the middle of the night to pee and you find a surprise turd on the seat that you have to clean and disinfect FIRST.  But wait - that's not all!!  <~~ said in my best commercial announcement voice.

They ALSO PEE on the seat!  And guess what - if you aren't looking for wet spots - you guessed it - you sit in cat pee!  And when you have company and they want to use your bathroom - well they just might find some poops in the pot since cats don't flush.  At least ours didn't.  I've seen videos of cats who do.  I've also seen videos of kitties who kindly hang their rump DOWN through the seat so that splash down occurs where it's supposed to.

Our two Siamese just weren't that smart.  So we gave up and put out litter boxes and everyone was happy.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

We tried to potty train our two kitties back around 1980 or so.  They sold a kit - you put this clear plastic piece under the toilet seat with a little bit of litter in it, and gradually you decrease the amount of litter and finally you take the plastic piece away and supposedly the cats will use the toilet.

Which is true.  But what you DIDN'T know is that the cats sometimes miss the water and drape a turd on the toilet seat.  Nothing QUITE so nice as getting out of bed in the middle of the night to pee and you find a surprise turd on the seat that you have to clean and disinfect FIRST.  But wait - that's not all!!  <~~ said in my best commercial announcement voice.

They ALSO PEE on the seat!  And guess what - if you aren't looking for wet spots - you guessed it - you sit in cat pee!  And when you have company and they want to use your bathroom - well they just might find some poops in the pot since cats don't flush.  At least ours didn't.  I've seen videos of cats who do.  I've also seen videos of kitties who kindly hang their rump DOWN through the seat so that splash down occurs where it's supposed to.

Our two Siamese just weren't that smart.  So we gave up and put out litter boxes and everyone was happy.

I hereby rescind my envy. 

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

But do they make the dog stand by and watch while you dig its early grave? Or is that extra?

I will never forgive Meri and Kootie for that cruel act.  How heartless they are.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I know that is a foreign concept for Meri and Mariah, but it DOES happen.  

I think the problem with Snowflake is that they live in an apartment which requires actually going, you know, outside several times a day. That would severely cut into her posing for pictures, looking up rants she can steal from other people, and posting them on SM.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Fosca said:

She really seriously looks like she's made out of plastic here.  

If you have to use filters and alter your appearance, don't bother posting photos.  It's fake and ridiculous.

• Love 12
(edited)

image.png.d35ad1697c4738e61aef810cd1c19066.png

This is Jill Rodriques for all the folks who are not on the Counting On (Duggar) forum.  A SEVERLY odious BSC fundie who puts on her makeup with a trowel.  Jill has a HABIT of randomly capitalizing words.  No one knows why.  Jill taught her eleventy daughters her makeup tips. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri is quickly crossing into JRod territory and NOBODY wants to be there.  Nobody.  For the love of god Meri, get some youtube help before it's too late.

If you would like to know more about the Rods, including Jill's lovely husband Chimpy...er David, they are on the Sweet Fellowship thread in Counting On thread.  There are NUMEROUS pages about them.

image.png

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Even if you could train them to never miss the bowl, if you cannot teach them to flush it, turds & pee in water all day are going to smell worse than a modern litterbox. So I never bother trying.

When I was a kid we had a pretty dumb dog, but she was housetrained and never made a mess in the house (though she sometimes smelled of creek water).  She was also trained to stay in the kitchen, mudroom & basement (on linoleum) and only slipped into the living room once, when she heard the voice of her human mother from puppyhood, who stopped by for a visit.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I think Meri is a perfectionist and insists that the inn be thoroughly clean but I hope she also relies on a black light for stuff that is less visible.

You see quite a cross-section when you work with the public. I was a housecleaning service for about 6 years and most of my clients were quite well-off, relatively speaking.

The folks in one particular household had a huge wall map of the world on display in the entrance hall, with numerous colored pins representing their travels to every continent. They owned a chain of retail stores, they owned a jet, etc, etc.

Their home was a lakeview manor with all the expected amenities, the lake side of the house was all glass and no one could peep in because the ground dropped away outside the windows. 

One day I found out that at least one of their cats was not totally litter box trained, no it was not. It was also kitchen trained. I cannot begin to tell you how much time I'd spent getting rid of the repulsive smelly ook that rimmed the opening to their garbage disposal.

A good year into our time together, imagine my dismay when one of the cats hopped into the sink on the disposal side, raised its tail, pinched a loaf into the disposal and sauntered off. And my client was standing there and did not react in any way. 

I nearly dropped to my knees because that's what I had been battling!

The sink always smelled horrible before I sanitized but it usually was full of well-past-their-prime parings and food scraps so I thought that's what I smelled, what felt ooky. 

I was SO glad that I always used gloves for wet work and insisted that my crew had to use them as well. 

I wrote the client's name inside the cuff of the gloves we were using that day and on the way home I bought new gloves to use everywhere else. Barf. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

I don't understand the placement and lack of blending of that dung-coloured eye "shadow".

"Dung" colored.  lol    That was my chuckle of the morning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“Therealmeribrown”? When every image is filtered and digitally airbrushed so as to make her unrecognizable? 

Meri, we get it. Aging can be hard. But you can’t filter and fake your way through life when your pictures don’t look anything like you.

Work out more, Mer.  Stop eating so many cinnamon rolls and lose some weight (so you can stop using that skinny filter). Start a skincare routine that didn’t involve orange bronzer. Lay off the eyeliner. It’ll help. 

Edited for social distancing rules (changed “go to gym” to “work out more”). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 11

Those of you who didn't manage to potty train your cats, don't despair. Turns out most modern septic and sewer systems are not equipped to handle cat pee and poo anyway, and too much of it can harm the ecosystem and water treatment. I had hope to train my cats, but after learning this I decided it was worth it. That and I have a compulsion to keep the lid closed at all times. Even if the cat had their own bathroom I'd probably close it without thinking sometimes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

No way did she run 3 miles in what appears to be Broadway Stage-level make-up that never smudged or dripped.

And what's the point of even applying 14 layers of eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow to go for a morning "run?"  This is what irriatates me the most - she didn't go for a run - she put on makeup, did her hair, caked on some foundation, and went outside for a selfie using the pretense that she just happened to be outside for a run and decided to stop to take a pic.  Nope, nope, nope.

• Love 18