Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, Higgins said:

It's not as if Meri had much choice about the size of that house. The neighborhood was made of homes that size. 

7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She didn't have much leeway in the size, that was dictated by the developer but she did have a choice in whether to have wet bar and french doors.  If she had been willing to forgo the wet bar, she could have had a slightly smaller scale house.   The biggest extravagance IMO was for Meri to have brand new front load washer and dryer on platforms when Christine made do with her beaten up washer and dryer she hauled from her previous home.

I recall the meeting where they were picking fittings and colours for Las Vegas build and Christine being asked by Kody to contribute some of her budget for Meri to have her upgrades, which Christine declined and did a stone veneer on her house instead to use up her budget (go Christine!) Meanwhile Janelle is scrimping by debating on whether to put in the concrete patio on the plans to save money, while Meri is changing her ranch slider to more expensive french doors.  She was over by at least 5 grand by the end of the meeting and in tears because she was being asked to scale back.

Then there’s the episode where we saw in Vegas she insisted on a nice big rental, instead of taking something slightly smaller and cheaper closer to the others. So not only is she not mindful to the fact she doesn’t need as much family resources or space for her one dependant,  she’s actually willing to scrap for MORE than her equal fair share of space and luxuries by using her infertility issues as a crutch. ‘I would have filled those 6 bedrooms if I could, but since I can’t, I want a nice wet bar instead -  haha enjoy all your kids suckers, not my problem!’

For polygamy to work harmoniously you’d need all wives to be complete team players on board with the one family, who are willing to sacrifice personal wants for the greater good. Meri is not that kind of wife, in fact she’s the opposite of that kind of wife. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
8 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Mariah could pick the ‘best bedroom for morning sunlight’

That would be my last choice.  Give me the one with the blackout curtains.

That's actually a really nice picture of Meri with the dogs.  She looks happy.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Angeltoes said:

That would be my last choice.  Give me the one with the blackout curtains.

Actually I think I got that wrong and it was a request for ‘no morning sunlight so she could sleep longer’! My bad. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Actually I think I got that wrong and it was a request for ‘no morning sunlight so she could sleep longer’! My bad. 

You are mistaking Meri for Robyn.  Robyn is the one who sleeps all day.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Now what's going on with Meri's teeth?

There's "Brownie" right where he always is nestled in there with the rest of her yellow teeth but the other front tooth looks like it's been bleached white, quite a contrast.... Sticks out like a sore thumb.

It looks like she used a filter to stretch and elongate her face....

She can afford to rent gigantic houses but she goes around with horrible teeth... Blech!

So many of the Browns have terrible teeth, I saw a  pic of Janelle a couple weeks ago and her teeth were so yellow and her gums were very inflamed and swollen..... I bet her breath could knock Godzilla on his ass. 👹  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Now what's going on with Meri's teeth?

There's "Brownie" right where he always is nestled in there with the rest of her yellow teeth but the other front tooth looks like it's been bleached white, quite a contrast.... Sticks out like a sore thumb.

It looks like she used a filter to stretch and elongate her face....

She can afford to rent gigantic houses but she goes around with horrible teeth... Blech!

So many of the Browns have terrible teeth, I saw a  pic of Janelle a couple weeks ago and her teeth were so yellow and her gums were very inflamed and swollen..... I bet her breath could knock Godzilla on his ass. 👹  

And now Meri has a bottom tooth that is almost black.  She must have a morbid fear of dentistry. Skinny filter definitely used on that photo.  No way are those thighs Meri's.

I've also remarked recently that Janelle must have a bad case of gingivitis.  Great minds, Joan!

• Love 6

'Things you learn from a dog".

When you are told to SIT and STAY you don't drag your ass all over the country spreading the virus.  Too bad Princess Snowflake didn't pass her obedience class.

• LOL 11
31 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If she truly #LoveWhoIAm, why would she filter the hell out of her Instagram photos.  Does she think we don't see the #RealMeriBrown on our TV screens?

All this. Yup, here her jawline appears over contoured (badly). 

I like her hair better this way, though. The root grow out actually looks good on her—she still has the blonde without looking washed out. 

• Love 6

Interesting Meri theory on reddit. What do you guys think? Good chess move on her part if true. Could the Meri misery we are seeing on camera, be "for the camera". I am not convinced she's a successful chess player, more checkers.

I think Meri’s actually got it all figured out by STAYING with the family. And Kody won’t call her bluff because it just proves he was wrong about polygamy.

“Ok so I’ve always been rooting for Meri to leave, but just realized that she actually wins by staying. Meri gets to live a much more upgraded life by staying with the family - she gets to pull the trump card that everything among the wives is equal and therefore she gets to live in a mansion by herself. The way she finessed getting the bed and breakfast In Utah was kind of amazing too. And since she is no longer legally married to Kody he isn’t entitled to that property or anything else she manages to acquire with or without the resources of the family. Since Kody is checked out she doesn’t even need to be around him and doesn’t need to be intimate with him... I’m pretty sure they have little to no contact outside of the show. It’s like a win-win for Meri, meanwhile everyone else has to put up with her and accommodate her like an equal “wife”. It must be so infuriating to everyone else because she doesn’t have to put up with anyone else’s crap but they have to put up with her for however long SHE decides to stick around.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/TLCsisterwives/comments/fwk8h7/i_think_meris_actually_got_it_all_figured_out_by

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 4/8/2020 at 4:40 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

She was over by at least 5 grand by the end of the meeting and in tears because she was being asked to scale back.

Really? I heard that differently. I thought Kody said she was 5000 before the French Doors and wet bar. She also upgraded the carpet

• Love 2
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Interesting Meri theory on reddit. What do you guys think? Good chess move on her part if true. Could the Meri misery we are seeing on camera, be "for the camera". I am not convinced she's a successful chess player, more checkers.

I think Meri’s actually got it all figured out by STAYING with the family. And Kody won’t call her bluff because it just proves he was wrong about polygamy.

“Ok so I’ve always been rooting for Meri to leave, but just realized that she actually wins by staying. Meri gets to live a much more upgraded life by staying with the family - she gets to pull the trump card that everything among the wives is equal and therefore she gets to live in a mansion by herself. The way she finessed getting the bed and breakfast In Utah was kind of amazing too. And since she is no longer legally married to Kody he isn’t entitled to that property or anything else she manages to acquire with or without the resources of the family. Since Kody is checked out she doesn’t even need to be around him and doesn’t need to be intimate with him... I’m pretty sure they have little to no contact outside of the show. It’s like a win-win for Meri, meanwhile everyone else has to put up with her and accommodate her like an equal “wife”. It must be so infuriating to everyone else because she doesn’t have to put up with anyone else’s crap but they have to put up with her for however long SHE decides to stick around.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/TLCsisterwives/comments/fwk8h7/i_think_meris_actually_got_it_all_figured_out_by

I think it’s a multitude of reasons regarding how leaving would change her current lifestyle, that make leaving not an attractive prospect for her. She obviously thinks she’s better off hanging on like a barnacle, then on her own. 

I actually think the main reason Meri stays is ‘it’s better the devil she knows’. She grew up immersed in the AUB religion and has many close relatives still in it, plus having lived with Kody and family all of her adult life, she probably fills she wouldn’t be able to dill on her own full-time. If you notice whenever Meri has a crisis or situation where she needs a clear head, (like the bushfire moving or buying the B&B) she melts down, freaks out, needs a hug and reverts to the words ‘I don’t know what I’m doing!’  I’ve heard her say that on camera at least twice now when she’s in a difficult situation. All her ‘I’m an independent woman’ platitudes she puts on social media, are just projecting what she wishes she was. She needs Kody particularly (and the others) as her safety net, because she’s so emotionally-stunted and probably deep down fills she needs them for her eternal salvation. 

So ingrained religious principles and her co-dependence is definitely one reason she stays. Another reason is definitely the show which brings her financial benefits and a nice lifestyle and crucially as you said - it’s nicer than the other wives can afford (which she obviously likes as it’s a power move and self-esteem boost for her), another reason is Mariah who would be pissed if she left the family and may take her dad’s side and big family over Meri, leaving her alone, another reason is pride - she hates being referred to as a victim (even though she acts like one) and she lost so much pride with the catfishing fallout, she clearly doesn’t want to lose the marriage too and hangs on to the ‘we can fix this’ idea, even when clearly Kody is saying ‘nope’. Lastly I believe she still holds genuine hope to get a relationship going again, as she’s still in love with Kody, the catfishing was a wake up call and the divorce tears she cried being cast aside for Robyn were very real, you can tell she is just dying for him to love her back again, to the point of embarrassing herself. That’s my two cents anyway 😉 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, crimson23 said:

Really? I heard that differently. I thought Kody said she was 5000 before the French Doors and wet bar. She also upgraded the carpet

I’d have to do a rewatch of that episode to be sure (I do have them all downloaded so can check it out tonight 😉) I had thought it was at least that amount she ended over budget, I know Christine had a certain amount left under $20,000 and Kody asked her for that for Meri, but to be honest I can’t remember exactly the amount. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

All her ‘I’m an independent woman’ platitudes she puts on social media, are just projecting what she wishes she was

I agree with your post Sofa. IF Meri had an iota of self esteem she may be able to muster the courage to go it alone. It appears the catfish saga was her feable attempt to leave, but with a safety net, Sam. She has never been alone and, as you said, ‘it’s better the devil she knows’.  Her social media rants are just that, projections. Thay are so anti what we see on camera.  I am not a Meri fan. It sickens me to watch her hopfully waiting for a spec of nice from man-boy Kody. It has been painful to watch her rendition of Eeeyore this season. 

Can't remember, Was the divorce-Robyn marriage her idea? If so, she's dumber than I thought. That was definitely the end of her reign as queen. It was easier to watch Meri the bitch than Meri the victim. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, itsadryheat said:

Can't remember, Was the divorce-Robyn marriage her idea? If so, she's dumber than I thought. That was definitely the end of her reign as queen. It was easier to watch Meri the bitch than Meri the victim. 

The script was that it was Meri's idea.  Kody went to her all concerned because if something happened to Robyn, her three kids would probably be taken by her ex (their REAL father).  So to protect them from that, he needed to be able to adopt them, but he and Robyn weren't LEGALLY married, so . . . (blink, blink, blink, sad face).  

Theoretically, Meri - because she's SO generous and SO all about the family - suggested that she divorce Kody so he could legally marry Robyn.  And that's what the script said to say.

Meanwhile, most of us opined that Robyn had said, "No more babies with you, Kody, unless we're legally married."

Meri is not a very good actress.  The only real emotion she's ever shown is when she was at the lawyer's office with Kody and Robyn, signing the divorce papers.  She was devastated.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The script was that it was Meri's idea.  Kody went to her all concerned because if something happened to Robyn, her three kids would probably be taken by her ex (their REAL father).  So to protect them from that, he needed to be able to adopt them, but he and Robyn weren't LEGALLY married, so . . . (blink, blink, blink, sad face).  

Theoretically, Meri - because she's SO generous and SO all about the family - suggested that she divorce Kody so he could legally marry Robyn.  And that's what the script said to say.

Meanwhile, most of us opined that Robyn had said, "No more babies with you, Kody, unless we're legally married."

Meri is not a very good actress.  The only real emotion she's ever shown is when she was at the lawyer's office with Kody and Robyn, signing the divorce papers.  She was devastated.

Yes, at that moment I knew it was not her idea at all.  I felt that is when things really went down hill for her.  I'm no Meri fan, but I truly felt for her then and even cried myself.  

On 4/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, Galloway Cave said:

There are. Lots of them. Meri and Robyn just didn't want them.

True, ever the glutton's.  Always wanting the most and getting it anyway they can.  Kody should be happy that Christine and Janelle are willing to settle for less.  In my opinion that is what being a sister wife should strive for.

Looks like Meri went to the B&B for the holidays.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I’d have to do a rewatch of that episode to be sure (I do have them all downloaded so can check it out tonight 😉) I had thought it was at least that amount she ended over budget, I know Christine had a certain amount left under $20,000 and Kody asked her for that for Meri, but to be honest I can’t remember exactly the amount. 

Either way, she was over budget.   I never understood her justification to take an equal share of .the finances, when she had less expenses.  If I was Janelle or Christine, i'd have felt cheated.

• Love 13
On 4/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I can't help but feel that Kody puts up with Meri and even acts a little sweet from time to time just for the show and to continue the farce that polygamy is GREAT!

I'd be willing to bet if it wasn't for the show Kootie and the other wives would have kicked her to the curb... Even sweet & happy Christine seemed to enjoy telling Meri that when she enters a room she brings a lot of baggage with her when discussing Axel's birth.

Who could blame her... Meri was a gigantic bitch to Christine when she sought some advice and comfort from Meri.

I think Janelle and Robyn feel the same way and rightfully so.

I don't know what's keeping Meri there, if she's doing as well with the B&B as she says and she's a #Bosslady #Indepedantwoman #LivingMyWhy..leave!

I think she's the type that needs someone to leave with and maybe she isn't independent at all.

I have a friend, known her since grade school... All of her friends call her Elizabeth Taylor.... She's on her 4th marriage and she's never lived on her own... She went from her parents to husband #1 and from him to #2 wash, rinse, repeat, she's currently unhappy and looking for #5..... Whenever I ask her why doesn't she leave and go live on her own she says she can't and that the thought scares her because she's never looked after herself or run a household, paid bills, kept a car insured and on the road etc. etc etc..... even though she has a good job and could support herself.... She's an adult and needs a daddy.  🙄

Sad but true.... I wonder if Meri is like that... She seemed pretty happy when she thought she had Sam to run to but when that bubble burst she crawled back to Kootie and the gang even though she seems miserable.

JMO but I think if Meri had someone else she'd be gone in a heartbeat 

Meri wants independence from Kody and the family, IMO, she just can’t afford to leave. She knows she’ll have to really work—with a real 9-5. She won’t be able to have the B and B, a 5 bedroom home, vacations, and a wet bar on a non-Sister Wives paycheck. Not to mention Mariah. What would Princess Potato Face think about that? How could she afford Mariah?

I’ve always maintained Meri was never built for polygamy, and only did it because she’d be looked with favor in her particular religious community. She treated Jenelle like shit from the beginning, likely played Christine and Jenelle against the other, manipulated Kody. I think it probably took Kody years and years to really see Meri for who she really is. Meri didn’t realize what a stealth bitch she was bringing into the family with Robyn. She beat her at her own game. I think Christine is just as jealous, but she’s just an all-around nicer person, tries to fix issues, and doesn’t try to manipulate people. I will say that these women have some nerve to expect a great deal emotionally or materially from a man with 3 other wives and 18 kids!I’m not making excuses for Kody, but life can be difficult enough for a monogamous man wit over a dozen kids!

• Love 13
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Meri didn’t realize what a stealth bitch she was bringing into the family with Robyn.

Say what you want about Meri, she did not bring Robyn into the family.  They've said that repeatedly.  Kody saw Robyn, his jaw dropped and he got all hot and heavy.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Either way, she was over budget.   I never understood her justification to take an equal share of .the finances, when she had less expenses.  If I was Janelle or Christine, i'd have felt cheated.

Me too.  I hope Janelle has recorded all these instances and releases it someday. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Say what you want about Meri, she did not bring Robyn into the family.  They've said that repeatedly.  Kody saw Robyn, his jaw dropped and he got all hot and heavy.

Agree.  Someone on another message board remarked that, someone in their community introduced them.  Robyn heard that they were in the running for a reality show and wanted the lifestyle that she thought would come with that.  Pretty much I think she got what she wanted, being in a plural family with her calling all the shots.  Nice home, don't have to work and can sleep as late as she feels like.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Kinda makes me wonder if Meri has ever donated blood.

It's hard to picture.  She doesn't seem like the type to do anything if there's nothing in it for her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Kinda makes me wonder if Meri has ever donated blood.

Yes, the wording was similar to Mariah's asking her followers to donate to some cause.  Since they are both narcissists who like to talk about me-me-me, if they had donated blood or money or their time, you'd think they would have mentioned it.

• Love 10
On 4/8/2020 at 5:33 PM, Absolom said:

I think it was Mariah who didn't want the morning sun in her window.

I recently watched it and I think it was Mariah didn’t want a bedroom facing the evening sun because of the heat. It would make the room warmer. 

On 4/10/2020 at 10:59 PM, itsadryheat said:

“Ok so I’ve always been rooting for Meri to leave, but just realized that she actually wins by staying. 

To this I say “uhhh duh?” (not to you, to the original poster on reddit) 

I think it’s a mixture of things and I do think she would like a relationship with kody again. But I also think shes more ok with having her nice lifestyle without him. 

• Love 2

She still loves Kodi,event though he seems so indifferent towards her.  He will let her hang on, like he said due to moral obligation only, meaning he wont throw her out of the family. She has never loved anyone else, Kodi was her first, until the banana was waived in her face by Sam, she had rill fillings for him and I think she would have left if Sam wasnt a fat loser compulsive liar catfisher female still pretending to be Sam.  was indeed a man. At this point, Meri has nothing to lose. She is doing her own thing when she wants, making her own money on that crap she sells and still getting a nice check from TLC. , like most of us here, think once the show and cash flow stops, she will be gone.

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

until the banana was waived in her face by Sam, she had rill fillings for him and I think she would have left if Sam wasnt a fat loser compulsive liar catfisher female still pretending to be Sam.  was indeed a man.

Glad to know I am not the only one who can't stand Jackie Overton.  It galls me that she is STILL catfishing with the same stupid Sam Cooper shtick.  I am not prone to violence, but I would love to throw a milkshake on her.  (Remember when people were doing that to politicians?)  Except Jackie deserves it.

• Love 8
On 4/17/2020 at 7:59 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She still loves Kodi,event though he seems so indifferent towards her.  He will let her hang on, like he said due to moral obligation only, meaning he wont throw her out of the family. She has never loved anyone else, Kodi was her first, until the banana was waived in her face by Sam, she had rill fillings for him and I think she would have left if Sam wasnt a fat loser compulsive liar catfisher female still pretending to be Sam.  was indeed a man. At this point, Meri has nothing to lose. She is doing her own thing when she wants, making her own money on that crap she sells and still getting a nice check from TLC. , like most of us here, think once the show and cash flow stops, she will be gone.

Thing is, she was told “Sam” was likely fake. She went for it anyways, despite the warnings. 

What Jackie did was horribly wrong but in this instance, I cannot feel empathy for Meri. She was warned. Additionally, Meri should have wondered why would a rich, active, vegan wanna-be Batman want anything to do with a dumpy frumpy turd like her. She had that shit coming—she knowingly walked right into a bin filled with manure. She simply put a plug on her nose so she wouldn’t smell it. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

Thing is, she was told “Sam” was likely fake. She went for it anyways, despite the warnings. 

What Jackie did was horribly wrong but in this instance, I cannot feel empathy for Meri. She was warned. Additionally, Meri should have wondered why would a rich, active, vegan wanna-be Batman want anything to do with a dumpy frumpy turd like her. She had that shit coming—she knowingly walked right into a bin filled with manure. She simply put a plug on her nose so she wouldn’t smell it. 

That's called "desperate to be loved".

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

What Jackie did was horribly wrong but in this instance, I cannot feel empathy for Meri. She was warned. Additionally, Meri should have wondered why would a rich, active, vegan wanna-be Batman want anything to do with a dumpy frumpy turd like her? She had that shit coming—she knowingly walked right into a bin filled with manure. She simply put a plug on her nose so she wouldn’t smell it. 

I remember that, sooo many people were telling her he wasn't real but Meri refused to listen. Cynical Jinx posted warnings on her blog (which I'm sure the Browns were aware of) and yet she still acted clueless until August or so.  I must admit it was compelling to follow which is more than I can say for the actual show.

Remember when "Sam" sent her carnations? Carnations?!? A rich dude sends carnations??? Which Meri proudly displayed on her Twitter feed. Overton must have been in her basement in Oklahoma, cracking up. 

http://bullshitbookclub.blogspot.com/  <= I love this rundown of the Worst Book Ever, Almost Meri'd.

Edited by DakotaJustice
Corrected the link
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9