Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Yeah, run down those stairs and break your neck falling after about four steps. Hope she has good insurance after recommending running down the stairs!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, run down those stairs and break your neck falling after about four steps. Hope she has good insurance after recommending running down the stairs!

One of my twins was sliding down carpeted stairs in his socks and broke his ankle.  He was in 8th grade.  Memories!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Who garnishes cinnamon rolls with parsley?!?

Tried to double quote...COL, what can I say?? Mint would have been a much better choice for garnish. Just sayin...

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 2

It sorta looks like an individual pizza beneath the egg or, maybe, what passes for a scone in Parowan.

Here's one in Layton that northern Utah swears by, on a dinner plate:

l.jpg

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 1
39 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Who garnishes cinnamon rolls with parsley?!?

38 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Is that curly parsley with the cinnamon rolls?  Yuck.

LWG - great minds.....

Those aren't cinnamon rolls, it looks like soft dough filled with bacon and maybe cheese then rolled up like a cinnamon roll.

39 minutes ago, Absolom said:

What is under that fried egg?

38 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That's what I wanted to know!  It actually looks like something I might like, though.

It honestly looks like pizza with a fried egg on top

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Those aren't cinnamon rolls, it looks like soft dough filled with bacon and maybe cheese then rolled up like a cinnamon roll.

I don't thinks so their signature dish is cinnamon rolls and those look more like cinnamon rolls than  bacon and cheese rolls.

Edited by Gramto6
seems I can't type
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't thinks so their signature dish is cinnamon rolls and those look more like cinnamon rolls than  bacon and cheese rolls≥

Yes, but Meri always puts that huge swirl of icing or buttercream on the cinnamon rolls so they look more like a cupcake and they look in the photos like they are underbaked to my tastes.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Yes, but Meri always puts that huge swirl of icing or buttercream on the cinnamon rolls so they look more like a cupcake and they look in the photos like they are underbaked to my tastes.

I was under the impression that the B&B did NOT do a full breakfast - just rolls and coffee?  I agree with whoever said this must be THEIR breakfast during the lockdown, while they are STAYING at the B&B.  I was looking at the replies on that site and they said it's a breakfast pizza.  I've never had breakfast pizza.

I want to add this:  I like to snark and I like to read snark.  But I don't mind it if people DON'T snark - it's all good.  HOWEVER.... I get a little nauseated when people just gushgushgush flatter simper but-lick and everything has to be rainbow sprinkles and unicorns because they are "fans".  Honest truth - if I were on a TV show and I had fans that did that my skin would crawl.  I ALSO wouldn't like the mean people, definitely.  But just down to earth matter of fact friendly people? Those who give honest opinions (again not MEAN) but their viewpoints, regardless if it jives with mine?  My kind of folk.

• Love 14

Eggs...we haven’t been able to buy eggs for six weeks!  I tried Egg Beaters for the first time today.  Weird, but okay scrambled.

Edited by sheshark
Okay became Lola.
  • Love 2

Mariah's schedule while at the B&B (yeah I know this is Meri's thread, but)

Wake up whenever

Eat all that fatty carby sugary breakfast

Do a couple triangle poses in battleship grey Lululemon tights

Plop down on the lawn with a LaCroix and a book about nothing while Meri and her mom do all the chores and make the next meal

Surf her social media until fattening lunch

Pout and be bored while Meri caters after her

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

<snip>

That’s what I think too since there is no frosting. I went to read the comments on the original post on IG and there is no mention of what they might be. There are, however, many many people saving up their money to go and stay at Lizzy’s just as soon as the B&B is open again. 😏

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

That’s what I think too since there is no frosting. I went to read the comments on the original post on IG and there is no mention of what they might be. There are, however, many many people saving up their money to go and stay at Lizzy’s just as soon as the B&B is open again. 😏

What did I say?  Meri has a VERY clean bunghole.

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

Eggs...we haven’t been able to buy eggs for six weeks!  I tried Egg Beaters for the first time today.  Weird, but okay scrambled.

Reading this with your sad sack Meri avatar looking at your post was perfection. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Breakfast pizza is quite delicious.  
I miss living in South Texas, where breakfast tacos were everything.  
That unidentifiable square thing looks like a giant hash brown. 
I guess they can’t have guests at Lizzie’s, so all the food is for them.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I guess they can’t have guests at Lizzie’s, so all the food is for them.  

But they still have the cook and maid come in just for them.  At half-pay.  They are stahs!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I was under the impression that the B&B did NOT do a full breakfast - just rolls and coffee?  I agree with whoever said this must be THEIR breakfast during the lockdown, while they are STAYING at the B&B.  I was looking at the replies on that site and they said it's a breakfast pizza.  I've never had breakfast pizza.

When we stayed there, they had a local cook come in for breakfast.  We had fresh fruit, french toast casserole, eggs cooked to order, coffee, juice.  Everything was delicious, and compared very favorably with breakfasts at other B&Bs we've visited.  The town of Parowan is well known for having multiple places where you can get homemade cinnamon rolls.  I don't think Lizzie's is on the list.

I get the feeling that the best you're gonna get there right now is whatever Meri and Mariah found in the processed frozen food for breakfast section of the Walmart over in Cedar City.  And macha tea and green crappy-looking "health" drinks.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

What is under that fried egg?

It *looks* like pizza but probably isn’t. It’s been a culinary trend for years to put eggs on things—We were at a restaurant in Vegas that put an egg on a basket of fries. They also put eggs on burgers (which I’ve heard is really good). I couldn’t eat any of it, unfortunately. 

Only thing I could eat in the photo would be the fruit, and even then I’d have to worry about cross contamination. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

What did I say?  Meri has a VERY clean bunghole.

Sycophants in droves for that sourpuss Meri.  Ew!

Haha, I haven't heard "bunghole" since Beavis and Butthead.  George Carlin said the word "cornhole" wasn't used nearly enough.  Heh.

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sycophants in droves for that sourpuss Meri.  Ew!

Haha, I haven't heard "bunghole" since Beavis and Butthead.  George Carlin said the word "cornhole" wasn't used nearly enough.  Heh.

Responding to Turtle above - eggs on burgers are DELICIOUS!!

Now for Xword who loves words as much as I do -  Bunghole is an old favorite.  I also like Dingleberry which you hardly ever hear and since my cats are shorthairs we never see. (Thank goodness!)  Still a great word!  Butthead and Dipstick are great words for idiots!  I have NEVER heard cornhole, lol!!!   That might be more of a southern word, ha ha.    My current favorite word is Kninger fuckle for finger knuckle - probably because NO ONE ever even uses the term "finger knuckle" - "Ouch!  I scraped my finger knuckle!"  Like... no.    But say "Ouch!  I scraped my kninger fuckle" and it sounds so wrong!!  lol    Dayum.  I knew it.  I'm warped.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Those red dishes are more of the QVC Temptations.  They chip very easily, so I do not think they would be good for everyday use by guests.  They are sold only in sets, so replacing the chipped ones would be difficult and costly because you have to buy four at a time.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2

I have stayed in B&Bs here and in Europe, and generally prefer them. I've had some of the best food I've ever eaten and the worst rooms I've ever slept in. It's fine. I'm in for the food and the location. I like high end hotels, but don't like cheaper ones. I probably wouldn't go to Lizzie's because I have no reason ever to be in Parowan and that breakfast didn't speak to me. 

• Love 7
On 4/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, ginger90 said:

691420D1-06DC-4C0C-895F-51B95A1792F3.jpeg

778BE582-1D52-49F9-A373-6F175C958749.jpeg

3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Those red dishes are more of the QVC Temptations.  They chip very easily, so I do not think they would be good for everyday use by guests.  They are sold only in sets, so replacing the chipped ones would be difficult and costly because you have to buy four at a time.

The decor in Lizzie's is so uninviting and dingy looking. It's a 1990's and bought-on-TV version of historical. Like the fake plants on top of the cabinet in the parlor, straight out of the 90's. There are lots of very beautiful historical wallpapers available but those stripes and border scream 1990's version of traditional to me. Same with the QVC "historical" dishes. They're fine, but the whole set together is too much. It would be much prettier, and better highlight the food, with mostly simple white dishes and a couple of the QVC dishes as accents. 

I just don't think the decor at Lizzie's appeals to many people these days. To make it appealing I think you need to mix some more up-to-date and comfortable pieces with historical pieces. Something more along the lines of what Erin Napier does on HGTV's Hometown, where she honors the style of historical houses, but makes them look comfortable, inviting and beautiful.  

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

I just don't think the decor at Lizzie's appeals to many people these days. To make it appealing I think you need to mix some more up-to-date and comfortable pieces with historical pieces. Something more along the lines of what Erin Napier does on HGTV's Hometown, where she honors the style of historical houses, but makes them look comfortable, inviting and beautiful.  

But Erin has a very talented husband who can make incredible tables & desks out of free wood. What can Kootie do besides blow-dry his shirleytemple curls?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
On 4/24/2020 at 12:00 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I still believe her mom sunk every single penny of profit from the sale of her house (right before the purchase of the B&B) into this purchase for the exchange of having a place to live.  If memory serves, her house was run down with mattresses on the floor. 

I thought her house looked decent.  Maybe the mattresses were for the kids staying over.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

The decor in Lizzie's is so uninviting and dingy looking. It's a 1990's and bought-on-TV version of historical. Like the fake plants on top of the cabinet in the parlor, straight out of the 90's. There are lots of very beautiful historical wallpapers available but those stripes and border scream 1990's version of traditional to me. Same with the QVC "historical" dishes. They're fine, but the whole set together is too much. It would be much prettier, and better highlight the food, with mostly simple white dishes and a couple of the QVC dishes as accents. 

Agreed.  Although her place looks very clean, and I can tell that Meri tries quite hard to make it inviting, somehow it looks out of date and old-fashioned instead of historical.  I've stayed in quite a few B&Bs in Savannah, Charleston, Atlanta, and New Orleans back in the day and have always enjoyed the historical ambience of the homes, but Meri's decor does seem more tired and less "antiquey", if y'all know what I mean. 

However, although Meri isn't my favorite wife, I do wish her success with her B&B; goodness knows she won't be able to count on either Kootie or Mariah for a roof over her head in her old age.  😒

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t eat meat often but will make an exception for this! The works on a gluten free bun! 

We have a Big Daddy's Burger place close by which is $$ to we don't eat there often.  Plus I'm not a big burger person.  They had a turkey burger that had peeled/sliced apples and some special cheese (can't remember what) and onions that was to DIE for!!  NATURALLY they took it off of the menu.  If I like something it's the kiss of death, ha ha.    The only reason I thought of this was because this was the first place I'd ever had an egg over medium on a burger and it was so good!

• Love 6

I don't understand the making and displaying of all that food and promoting Lizzie's when the country is under quarantine.  Who are they advertising to?  Although I suppose it's entirely possible that Meri wakes up at 5:30am to start preparing a from-scratch, carb-laden breakfast for her beloved Pudge - once she decides to roll out of bed, not shower, throw on the same leggings she's worn for the past week and thump on down the crooked staircase demanding to be fed.

• LOL 12
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't understand the making and displaying of all that food and promoting Lizzie's when the country is under quarantine.  Who are they advertising to?  Although I suppose it's entirely possible that Meri wakes up at 5:30am to start preparing a from-scratch, carb-laden breakfast for her beloved Pudge - once she decides to roll out of bed, not shower, throw on the same leggings she's worn for the past week and thump on down the crooked staircase demanding to be fed.

It's actually not a bad idea. Somewhere that appeals to someone and you want people to keep thinking about your business if they can't actually experience it right now. 

B&B's are not my thing but I can appreciate that she puts work into it. 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I heard the thump-thumping in my head as I was reading this! 

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

We saw the image from April 21 that Ginger posted, here’s the gossip-rag interpretation. I didn’t know it was Meri and Kody’s 30th anniversary—I get social distancing and all but not even a shout out from Ko-dog. This ship has sunk for sure: 

https://allaboutthetea.com/2020/04/27/sister-wives-kody-brown-ignores-meri/

From the article, it sounds like she ignored him too. I can understand giving up on trying when your efforts aren't reciprocated, but it sounds like the neglect is an intentional two-way street at this point.

How sad. I am beyond excited for my FIRST wedding anniversary (four more months!), and 30th?! I'd be beside myself and gushing over my wife. Then again, we're newlyweds, and she doesn't have three other wives, so.

• Love 12

Mr. Xword and I stayed at a cheap hotel with a shared bathroom in 1979.  Even then, I was squeamish about it!  It was on the Oregon coast.  The last time we were in that town about 25 years later, the building was still there, but we stayed in a beachfront hotel.

Apparently Lizzie's has a bathroom for every room?  I remember reading that it does.  I still wouldn't like eating with strangers, or black washcloths.

• Love 6
On 4/18/2020 at 8:58 PM, Meowwww said:

You know, as we get older (I am 49), we are supposed to go lighter on the eye makeup.  All that harsh dark stuff is seriously aging her, she looks 10 years older than she is. 

She still hasn't gotten the eyebrows right. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Apparently Lizzie's has a bathroom for every room?  I remember reading that it does.  I still wouldn't like eating with strangers, or black washcloths.

Yes, private bathroom for each of the four bedrooms.

Guests can eat at whatever time works them (custom breakfast), so you don't necessarily "have" to eat with strangers.  The place was full the night we stayed there, and the mother/daughter-in-law we had breakfast with were very nice.  Another couple were obviously not as into getting to know strangers, so they sat off at one side of the huge table by themselves and didn't interact.

And - different opinion from most people - I didn't mind the black washcloth.  There was just one cloth that was black, and there was a little sign that said it was for make-up removal.  I appreciated the fact that I didn't have to worry about staining a white washcloth.  I'm that weirdo who will spend her entire time in the shower trying to get the mascara stains out of the white washcloth I just used to wash my face.  Given the cleanliness of the place, I have NO doubt that those black cloths are washed after every guest, just like the white ones.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And - different opinion from most people - I didn't mind the black washcloth.  There was just one cloth that was black, and there was a little sign that said it was for make-up removal. 

I stayed in a very nice hotel in Billings, MT in January that had this set up. I think it's a good idea.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I stayed in a very nice hotel in Billings, MT in January that had this set up. I think it's a good idea.

Just out of curiosity, I googled "black washcloths in hotels."

They actually make them with "Makeup Removal" EMBROIDERED on them, and it's a trend that is growing.  It apparently helps hotels save a lot of money when guests don't use white cloths to remove makeup.

I can understand why smaller places like B&Bs would appreciate the money savings!

• Useful 3
  • Love 7