Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

From a polygamy standpoint shouldn’t all the wives want Kody and Meri to mend their relationship? I thought the family unit was from where they draw strength- and if there is a problem with one wife it is a family issue too? ! 

Any man living a polygamist lifestyle has to have a huge ego and Kody is no exception. He is still licking his wounds from the catfish betrayal. Kody’s own feelings are more important to him than family unity. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

From a polygamy standpoint shouldn’t all the wives want Kody and Meri to mend their relationship? I thought the family unit was from where they draw strength- and if there is a problem with one wife it is a family issue too? ! 

Any man living a polygamist lifestyle has to have a huge ego and Kody is no exception. He is still licking his wounds from the catfish betrayal. Kody’s own feelings are more important to him than family unity. 

Aside from Robyn placidly slurping her soup when Meri made her big announcement about "don't be surprised if I up and leave", I haven't seen anything but concern for Meri and the family unit as a whole from the other wives.

Christine attempted to clear the air with Meri in a manner I considered reasonable and well-intended, until Meri threw up her defensive walls.  Janelle appears stricken and genuinely hurt every time Meri presents roadblocks to family unity.

Of course, we don't know what really goes on in the Family Brown away from the cameras, they may express contempt to her for rocking the Good Ship Polygamy and endangering their income.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't understand the level of self-absorbedness of this woman. She's just another overweight, middle aged woman wearing ugly clothes (acting like a 20-something SM influencer).  Only thing she accomplishes is convincing people like me to work out extra hard and NOT wear Lula so I don't wind up looking like.........that. 

I have to believe that the Cult of LLN indoctrinates its followers to post to SM every day, if not more, showing the world how fun-loving and fancy-free you could be if you sign up to sell LuLaNoWay.  I would love to get my hands on their rulebook.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don’t doubt that the other wives joined Kody in his anger towards Meri after catfish- gate. However- to just keep her hanging on to the family like a barnacle is cruel and seems strange, even for a polygamist family. 

Aside from TLC contract obligations, I don't see what is holding her there.  She must have renewed for this season and her circumstances were the same all last year, yet she hung on, possibly with the faint hope that Kody may have a change of heart.

It's easy to sit back and pass judgement on her actions when we are not privy to the day to day in their lives but from what I have observed, Kody has given no indication that anything is going to change. 

The ball is in Meri's court, she is not held in bondage, she is financially independent and she has no minor children who may be impacted by the loss of a father. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Aside from TLC contract obligations, I don't see what is holding her there.  She must have renewed for this season and her circumstances were the same all last year, yet she hung on, possibly with the faint hope that Kody may have a change of heart.

It's easy to sit back and pass judgement on her actions when we are not privy to the day to day in their lives but from what I have observed, Kody has given no indication that anything is going to change. 

The ball is in Meri's court, she is not held in bondage, she is financially independent and she has no minor children who may be impacted by the loss of a father. 

Religion doesn't seem to be a very big factor with this family, but it's possible that Meri's religious convictions keep her tethered to Kody and the family.  Without knowing what Meri truly believes in her heart, we cannot know.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Religion doesn't seem to be a very big factor with this family, but it's possible that Meri's religious convictions keep her tethered to Kody and the family.  Without knowing what Meri truly believes in her heart, we cannot know.

It's quite possible Meri has had a religious epiphany of late but the tenets of her religion didn't seem to have any bearing on her actions when she was prepared to run off with "Sam", a Catholic.

• Love 12
Just now, Sandy W said:

It's quite possible Meri has had a religious epiphany of late but the tenets of her religion didn't seem to have any bearing on her actions when she was prepared to run off with "Sam", a Catholic.

Very true.  I don't know what she believes, but looking on as an outsider, it doesn't seem like religion plays into this. I just threw that out as a possibility.

I think maybe deep down she still loves Kody.  But to Kody, Meri is like a cigarette butt on the sidewalk as he walks by.

• Love 10
Just now, Kyanight said:

Very true.  I don't know what she believes, but looking on as an outsider, it doesn't seem like religion plays into this. I just threw that out as a possibility.

I think maybe deep down she still loves Kody.  But to Kody, Meri is like a cigarette butt on the sidewalk as he walks by.

Yup, he's treating her like gum on his shoe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Yup, he's treating her like gum on his shoe.

Or dog poop.

If Meri wasn't such a selfish bitch, I might dredge up sympathy for her.  She burned bridges when she was HBIC, and to me, it looks like nobody would miss her if she "was up and gone," or whatever she said on that Alaska trip.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

It is what it is. For years Meri was a whining, bossy, selfish, passive aggressive, disagreeable, lumbering cow who was ready to ditch the family for what she thought was a dreamy, rich vegan Batman. She then played “victim” and continued to be a whining, bossy, selfish, passive aggressive, disagreeable, lumbering cow. 

How many more cues does the woman need to figure it out? She’s throwing out rotten bait that Kody doesn’t want to touch with a 10 foot pole. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It is what it is. For years Meri was a whining, bossy, selfish, passive aggressive, disagreeable, lumbering cow who was ready to ditch the family for what she thought was a dreamy, rich vegan Batman. She then played “victim” and continued to be a whining, bossy, selfish, passive aggressive, disagreeable, lumbering cow. 

How many more cues does the woman need to figure it out? She’s throwing out rotten bait that Kody doesn’t want to touch with a 10 foot pole. 

Fair enough.  But then how do you explain Kody's infatuation with Robyn?  Because Robyn throws out worse. Whining, bossy, ENTITLED (Big-time!), lazy, passive aggressive, disagreeable, blubbering, selfish bovine.  I don't know.. maybe Kody likes his women this way.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Fair enough.  But then how do you explain Kody's infatuation with Robyn?  Because Robyn throws out worse. Whining, bossy, ENTITLED (Big-time!), lazy, passive aggressive, disagreeable, blubbering, selfish bovine.  I don't know.. maybe Kody likes his women this way.

Loooong legs and a VS wardrobe may compensate for these personality flaws.  No one ever accused Kody of being a deep thinker.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn was the hot one probably giving him what he wanted. That’s my guess. 

Edited—sandy beat me to it (and said it better). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Robyn was the hot one probably giving him what he wanted. That’s my guess. 

Edited—sandy beat me to it (and said it better). 

I'm pretty sure that Robyn came equipped with an interesting bag of tricks when she entered Kody's life.  The original 3 probably came to the marriage without any (or in Janelle's case much) prior experience.  Robyn presents herself as worldly and all-knowing...why did you know that she actually knew GAY PEOPLE in her previous life!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Meri once revealed through tears on a talking head couch scene in the very first season when Robyn joined the family ‘I don’t want to do this, the only thing keeping me in this family is my commitment level and my daughter’. 
That’s quite telling to me, commitment is one thing (and could be faith-based commitment, or commitment to the television show, or commitment to her marriage with Kody personally - all three? who knows...) but using Mariah as a reason is probably the real reason she’s still there.

Mariah is her only much-loved only child  and basically all Meri had for support while she growing up. Mariah was furious with Meri when she attempted to plan her escape with Sam and told her not too, when it was revealed he was a catfish, it did extreme irreparable damage to her and Mariah’s once close relationship. Mariah held her in contempt for daring to consider leaving and rocking her polygamy family.  

Meri would never dare contemplate leaving now I think, as her relationship to Mariah means way too much to her and she is held hostage by Mariah’s desire to have her big family together. The reality is if Meri left, she’d be completely isolated from Mariah who would probably blame her and gravitate to her dad’s big family that she grew up with, on holidays and events leaving Meri alone and devastated.  I don’t think Meri would take that risk again, since she dipped her toe in the water with the Sam thing and it backfired so badly with Mariah.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Blahahaha! Authentic people don't put up walls, Meri! Authentic people aren't scared to show their vulnerabilities either! Maybe she should READ a Brene Brown book instead of cherry picking quotes from her books. What a piece of work! 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

if she is contracted by TLC to allow filming, she could still fulfill that contract and not be part of the wives.  That actually may be more interesting if she left and started anew....or easier to fast forward through. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

the difference is that Meri made them all miserable at one time or another.   We see Robyn as that way too, but it doesn't seem the family sees Robyn that way, they seem to enjoy her and her  kids. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

the difference is that Meri made them all miserable at one time or another.   We see Robyn as that way too, but it doesn't seem the family sees Robyn that way, they seem to enjoy her and her  kids. 

The family seems to enjoy EVERYONE'S kids.   I've never seen evidence that anyone enjoys Robyn any more than they enjoy Meri.  From what I know of Robyn off-camera, she makes everyone miserable with her entitlement.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

Blahahaha! Authentic people don't put up walls, Meri! Authentic people aren't scared to show their vulnerabilities either! Maybe she should READ a Brene Brown book instead of cherry picking quotes from her books. What a piece of work! 

But wait, there’s more! 

Additionally, authentic people don’t use face filters, authentic people don’t use skinny filters,  authentic people don’t use quotes that don’t actually describe them..........

Just, WOW Meri. Wow. She doesn’t actually see herself as inauthentic. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Meri once revealed through tears on a talking head couch scene in the very first season when Robyn joined the family ‘I don’t want to do this, the only thing keeping me in this family is my commitment level and my daughter’. 
That’s quite telling to me, commitment is one thing (and could be faith-based commitment, or commitment to the television show, or commitment to her marriage with Kody personally - all three? who knows...) but using Mariah as a reason is probably the real reason she’s still there.

Mariah is her only much-loved only child  and basically all Meri had for support while she growing up. Mariah was furious with Meri when she attempted to plan her escape with Sam and told her not too, when it was revealed he was a catfish, it did extreme irreparable damage to her and Mariah’s once close relationship. Mariah held her in contempt for daring to consider leaving and rocking her polygamy family.  

Meri would never dare contemplate leaving now I think, as her relationship to Mariah means way too much to her and she is held hostage by Mariah’s desire to have her big family together. The reality is if Meri left, she’d be completely isolated from Mariah who would probably blame her and gravitate to her dad’s big family that she grew up with, on holidays and events leaving Meri alone and devastated.  I don’t think Meri would take that risk again, since she dipped her toe in the water with the Sam thing and it backfired so badly with Mariah.  

I thought the same thing regarding Mariah, Sofa Sloth, but you said it better than I could have!

Mariah was not only upset that Meri dragged her into the thing with “Sam” despite Mariah’s warnings about him being a catfish— she was angry that her mother was willing to leave Kody and the family, imo.

• Love 9

Beaver, Utah. Up the road a piece from Parowan. About 300 souls larger. They wash your windshield when you buy gas at that Chevron. If you get out of the way they'll pump it too. And there's a most excellent taco joint on the other side of the freeway. 

Meri really knows how to tear it up, don't she? Yawn.

• LOL 18
22 minutes ago, suomi said:

Beaver, Utah. Up the road a piece from Parowan. About 300 souls larger. They wash your windshield when you buy gas at that Chevron. If you get out of the way they'll pump it too. And there's a most excellent taco joint on the other side of the freeway. 

Meri really knows how to tear it up, don't she? Yawn.

Well... excellent taco joint is good!!  lol

• LOL 6
On 2/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, ginger90 said:

6 pictures, and some blah, blah, blah:

Meri, Meri, Meri. 3 1/2 years ago, you started hawking cheap, ugly clothes out of your storage room. You did not embark on a vision quest in the deserts of New Mexico or begin a safari across Kenya.

You did not begin a fucking journey.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Meri, Meri, Meri. 3 1/2 years ago, you started hawking cheap, ugly clothes out of your storage room. You did not embark on a vision quest in the deserts of New Mexico or begin a safari across Kenya.

She's so full of herself... She says that LLR clothing is changing people's lives and I guess she's right since a lot of women are stuck with a ton of ugly leggings and t-shirts while trying to avoid bankruptcy etc...  Only a Brown would run around tooting their horn while others struggle to keep their head above water.

As long as Meri is making money everything is just peachy keen...  🙄

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

She's so full of herself... She says that LLR clothing is changing people's lives and I guess she's right since a lot of women are stuck with a ton of ugly leggings and t-shirts while trying to avoid bankruptcy etc...  Only a Brown would run around tooting their horn while others struggle to keep their head above water.

As long as Meri is making money everything is just peachy keen...  🙄

And may I add:  As long as Meri is making money off of her fans and friends everything is just peachy keen...

• Love 8
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I'm pretty sure these are all recycled photos.  Maybe because she isn't really hawking things that you can't buy at about a billion other places (jeans and a T-shirt?, yup, that's cutting edge fashion right there) she doesn't feel the need to actually - you know - put in effort on her sales presentation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

That “be mine” tee is totally a signal to her next catfish, erm boyfriend. 
I thought the one pic with the tulip sleeves was cute, made her look a touch more feminine.  But the latest pic?  Hard nope.  I have wide shoulders and am not a string bean and I wouldn’t wear that shirt, ugh.  

• Love 4