Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I don't have a problem with routine pest control.  I do the same in my own home.  However, staying in a place with a ghost?  Problem.  Big problem.  I'm open minded on the subject.  Don't really believe or disbelieve, but I'm not interested in having any encounters.  I'm also cowardly and have a vivid imagination so I'd probably have some sort of frightening experience whether it was real or imagined.  🤣

Thirty years ago we moved into our century old home, I was barreling through the house attending to the many things one does on moving day.  As I approached the staircase, there was a life size figure on the bottom step, I paused for an instant, without uttering a sound, then stepped forward with my arms outstretched, only to see the figure evaporate.  It may have been a figment, caused by being a little tired and over-wrought, but I have always felt it was a previous occupant welcoming us to the home.  There have been no subsequent events, so who or whatever it was, I guess they are happy with us as the custodians of the home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

When our kids were little we bought a little cottage at a lake about 2 hrs from our home and that was our summer vacation for many years other than an extra special year when we took them all to Disneyland.

Anyways it was a log style and old as hell, hubby usually worked on it every vacation which was fine because he likes that type of thing.

The first time we stayed there we got everyone into bed for the night and then we crawled into bed, I was laying there exhausted but felt hubby's hands on top of the covers twiddling his fingers and moving up my body... I was a little annoyed because I was tired and thought he was trying to start something frisky lol... I said "No, No, No... I'm tired.. go to sleep"

He was half asleep and mumbled "huh..what's wrong?"... I started to answer and just then realized he wasn't doing anything and something was walking on my body!... I flew up and screamed, scared the hell out of hubby... The moon was shining in the window and I saw a mouse scurrying off the bed and across the floor.

Well there was no sleep for me... I sat up in bed like a zombie all night and next day hubby drove into town to get humane mousetraps.

I would have preferred a friendly ghost   lol. 👻

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I've been watching older episodes in between the new ones and Meri drives me nuts constantly rolling her foot at the ankle whenever she's sitting.

She's always wearing some big ugly tan colored clodhopper boots to emphasize the ankle foot rolling round and round and it gets more and more exaggerated whenever she gets pissed off or upset... Especially during TH conversations about the catfish etc.... Her face gets red, eyes tear up, the eye booger wiping starts and there goes the clodhopper boots.... Round and round.    Ugh! 

I want to tie an anchor to her feet and hand her a tissue.

I noticed that on the Sister Wives tell-nothing, there was no tissue, and Gabe had to wipe his eyes on his shirt.  BUT, on the Seeking Sister Wife tell-something!, the host handed out tissue to someone, I forget who.  Does that indicate anythingk?  Your guess is as good (or better) than mine!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I noticed that on the Sister Wives tell-nothing, there was no tissue, and Gabe had to wipe his eyes on his shirt.  BUT, on the Seeking Sister Wife tell-something!, the host handed out tissue to someone, I forget who.  Does that indicate anythingk?  Your guess is as good (or better) than mine!

Maybe they had tissue for all the BS coming out of Fibber McGee's mouth

Between Fibber and psycho Paige I don't know who I dislike more... such a vile and nasty couple... I feel sorry for the 2 boys. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We stayed at a haunted hotel in Jerome AZ. I had an encounter,  which surprised me, but didn't scare me. 

For my 30th birthday we stayed at a bed and breakfast in Jerome. It was the worst nights sleep I’d ever had and there was an entity in that room was that was quite nasty. This was in 2002. Loved Jerome and eating at the asylum. I wonder if it’s the same place

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Owww ma legs said:

For my 30th birthday we stayed at a bed and breakfast in Jerome. It was the worst nights sleep I’d ever had and there was an entity in that room was that was quite nasty. This was in 2002. Loved Jerome and eating at the asylum. I wonder if it’s the same place

I love your username... I giggle every time I see it. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Owww ma legs said:

The Asylum is the restaurant at the hotel where we stayed - which used to be a hospital.  We did their midnight ghost tour, and then spent the night there.  Interesting place.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Help me figure something out here. On the episode when they're in Alaska, and Meri  tells the other wives that one morning they might just wake up and find her gone (and Robyn calmly slurps her soup), was that:

A. While she was "in love with Sam" and she said that because she might run away with him? 

Or 

B. After the catfisher had turned on her and she was scared that something bad might happen to her? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Help me figure something out here. On the episode when they're in Alaska, and Meri  tells the other wives that one morning they might just wake up and find her gone (and Robyn calmly slurps her soup), was that:

A. While she was "in love with Sam" and she said that because she might run away with him? 

Or 

B. After the catfisher had turned on her and she was scared that something bad might happen to her? 

Hey ya. It was A

• Love 4

Rumor was Meri was making plans to run away with "Sam" around the time of the Alaska trip. When she started making noises about leaving, a producer finally intervened a spelled out who Sam was and she was being catfished. Apparently they got through to her (unlike Mariah and others) and she split the sheets with Sam. JO went apeshit and started posting the texts and photos online.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

Or 

I believe it was A

• Love 4
On 4/16/2019 at 6:44 PM, MonicaM said:

I don't have a problem with routine pest control.  I do the same in my own home.  However, staying in a place with a ghost?  Problem.  Big problem.  I'm open minded on the subject.  Don't really believe or disbelieve, but I'm not interested in having any encounters.  I'm also cowardly and have a vivid imagination so I'd probably have some sort of frightening experience whether it was real or imagined.  🤣

lol

...don't come to my house then.  Sometimes it can get real lively.  Especially when both my kids are home at the same time.  Between me and those two feeding the house's energy it can get noisy. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/17/2019 at 11:57 AM, Canadian Girl said:

Or 

On 4/17/2019 at 4:24 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Rumor was Meri was making plans to run away with "Sam" around the time of the Alaska trip. When she started making noises about leaving, a producer finally intervened a spelled out who Sam was and she was being catfished. Apparently they got through to her (unlike Mariah and others) and she split the sheets with Sam. JO went apeshit and started posting the texts and photos online.

Thinking back to that time (I sadly admit I fell down that rabbit hole) I think the only real reason that Meri may have finally listened to someone telling her what was really really obvious to the rest of us was a tiny tidbit she mentioned to one of her "fellow catfished sisters" about her seeing a dvd cover or poster at the airport when they were on their way to Alaska.  She recognized the actor on the poster/dvd as the person in photos she had been sent from JO.  Photos that were supposed to be of "Sam". Supposedly that was when the light was starting to go off in her head about the whole affair.

lol...that dinner in Alaska was truly something.  Christine's fake "concerned" face.  Janelle's "WOW. Be home for Thanksgiving.  Robyn and the previously mentioned soup slurping.  And Kody...well. being Kody.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Thinking back to that time (I sadly admit I fell down that rabbit hole) I think the only real reason that Meri may have finally listened to someone telling her what was really really obvious to the rest of us was a tiny tidbit she mentioned to one of her "fellow catfished sisters" about her seeing a dvd cover or poster at the airport when they were on their way to Alaska.  She recognized the actor on the poster/dvd as the person in photos she had been sent from JO.  Photos that were supposed to be of "Sam". Supposedly that was when the light was starting to go off in her head about the whole affair.

lol...that dinner in Alaska was truly something.  Christine's fake "concerned" face.  Janelle's "WOW. Be home for Thanksgiving.  Robyn and the previously mentioned soup slurping.  And Kody...well. being Kody.

I HAVE to see this episode... would you happen to know what season or any other info so I can find it?

Thanks in advance for any help  😊

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I HAVE to see this episode... would you happen to know what season or any other info so I can find it?

Thanks in advance for any help  😊

Season 9, episode 12 Meri Catfished. I have to admit I watched it recently just to see Robyn slurping her soup after all the comments here. I wonder if Meri knew by then that Sam was a fake and if JO had started threatening to expose their "affair."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Season 9, episode 12 Meri Catfished. I have to admit I watched it recently just to see Robyn slurping her soup after all the comments here. I wonder if Meri knew by then that Sam was a fake and if JO had started threatening to expose their "affair."

Thanks! I'm gonna watch it now  😊

On 4/16/2019 at 8:25 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I had forgotten all about that health scare and about Kody being his usual narcissistic jackass self. No wonder Meri was vulnerable. 

Vulnerable and likely hurt about that, justifiably so. I do have empathy for her when it comes to dealing with Kody and his dismissiveness of her, so it's no wonder she went running straight into the cyber-arms of another. Where my empathy stopped is when she started lying about it. A simple, "He (she) was there for me when you weren't! I tried and tried to get your attention, but nothing worked." would have sufficed. 

Anyways, Meri and Kody say they're still working on their relationship and it's like they're "dating" again, but I don't buy it (I suspect that was for tv). Kody is still dismissive towards Meri. I feel like he's ok with her being around, at a distance. If this were a typical, 2-person relationship, they would've been broken up by now, maybe even amicably. "Ok, so this isn't working anymore. Let's just move on, shall we?"

I really hope she takes off after the show. It's so awkward to watch. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

A simple, "He (she) was there for me when you weren't! I tried and tried to get your attention, but nothing worked." would have sufficed. 

Maybe Meri said that to Kody off-camera--we don't know. However, I bet Kody/TLC producers won't allow the truth to be put out there in public.

Anyways, Meri and Kody say they're still working on their relationship and it's like they're "dating" again, but I don't buy it (I suspect that was for tv).

Yes--I also think this is strictly for the show. If Kody has any interest in Meri now, it's about the money she makes from LLR and the B&B (case in point--he had no interest in helping Meri acquire the B&B, but he sure showed up fast to be front and center for the grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony).

I really hope she takes off after the show. It's so awkward to watch

Total agreement with this!

• Love 5

I can't help but feel that Kody puts up with Meri and even acts a little sweet from time to time just for the show and to continue the farce that polygamy is GREAT!

I'd be willing to bet if it wasn't for the show Kootie and the other wives would have kicked her to the curb... Even sweet & happy Christine seemed to enjoy telling Meri that when she enters a room she brings a lot of baggage with her when discussing Axel's birth.

Who could blame her... Meri was a gigantic bitch to Christine when she sought some advice and comfort from Meri.

I think Janelle and Robyn feel the same way and rightfully so.

I don't know what's keeping Meri there, if she's doing as well with the B&B as she says and she's a #Bosslady #Indepedantwoman #LivingMyWhy..leave!

I think she's the type that needs someone to leave with and maybe she isn't independent at all.

I have a friend, known her since grade school... All of her friends call her Elizabeth Taylor.... She's on her 4th marriage and she's never lived on her own... She went from her parents to husband #1 and from him to #2 wash, rinse, repeat, she's currently unhappy and looking for #5..... Whenever I ask her why doesn't she leave and go live on her own she says she can't and that the thought scares her because she's never looked after herself or run a household, paid bills, kept a car insured and on the road etc. etc etc..... even though she has a good job and could support herself.... She's an adult and needs a daddy.  🙄

Sad but true.... I wonder if Meri is like that... She seemed pretty happy when she thought she had Sam to run to but when that bubble burst she crawled back to Kootie and the gang even though she seems miserable.

JMO but I think if Meri had someone else she'd be gone in a heartbeat 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Was it just me who was wondering and still wondering what type of soup that was?  Why I need to know the type is a mystery.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can't help but feel that Kody puts up with Meri and even acts a little sweet from time to time just for the show and to continue the farce that polygamy is GREAT!

I'd be willing to bet if it wasn't for the show Kootie and the other wives would have kicked her to the curb... Even sweet & happy Christine seemed to enjoy telling Meri that when she enters a room she brings a lot of baggage with her when discussing Axel's birth.

Who could blame her... Meri was a gigantic bitch to Christine when she sought some advice and comfort from Meri.

I think Janelle and Robyn feel the same way and rightfully so.

I don't know what's keeping Meri there, if she's doing as well with the B&B as she says and she's a #Bosslady #Indepedantwoman #LivingMyWhy..leave!

I think she's the type that needs someone to leave with and maybe she isn't independent at all.

I have a friend, known her since grade school... All of her friends call her Elizabeth Taylor.... She's on her 4th marriage and she's never lived on her own... She went from her parents to husband #1 and from him to #2 wash, rinse, repeat, she's currently unhappy and looking for #5..... Whenever I ask her why doesn't she leave and go live on her own she says she can't and that the thought scares her because she's never looked after herself or run a household, paid bills, kept a car insured and on the road etc. etc etc..... even though she has a good job and could support herself.... She's an adult and needs a daddy🙄

Sad but true.... I wonder if Meri is like that... She seemed pretty happy when she thought she had Sam to run to but when that bubble burst she crawled back to Kootie and the gang even though she seems miserable.

JMO but I think if Meri had someone else she'd be gone in a heartbeat 

Or for less trouble she could just hire an assistant.  She wouldn't have to share her retirement that way!  My cousin just became friends with a lady/widow who at 65 is going to lose her home and has lost all of her inheritance due to spending on stupid shit.  Her kids and sister want nothing to do with her (there has to be a story there!).  I am a firm believer in everyone being able to carry their own weight just in case. 

Meri is most likely staying for the show $ and Kody is probably keeping her because despite the show $, she is the only one with another income stream.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Or for less trouble she could just hire an assistant.  She wouldn't have to share her retirement that way!  My cousin just became friends with a lady/widow who at 65 is going to lose her home and has lost all of her inheritance due to spending on stupid shit.  Her kids and sister want nothing to do with her (there has to be a story there!).  I am a firm believer in everyone being able to carry their own weight just in case. 

Meri is most likely staying for the show $ and Kody is probably keeping her because despite the show $, she is the only one with another income stream.  

Yup that could explain why she stays... Always makes me wonder but yes the show money would definitely be a reason and makes sense.

You'd think she was independent since she bought the B&B but I've read elsewhere that her mom sold her house to buy the B&B so maybe it wasn't really Meri doing it on her own... Once again needing someone to help her and it sounds like it's her mom who runs it and looks after the accounting etc.

I dunno... Wish we knew more about their finances.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yup that could explain why she stays... Always makes me wonder but yes the show money would definitely be a reason and makes sense.

You'd think she was independent since she bought the B&B but I've read elsewhere that her mom sold her house to buy the B&B so maybe it wasn't really Meri doing it on her own... Once again needing someone to help her and it sounds like it's her mom who runs it and looks after the accounting etc.

I think you are right, the B & B is brought by Bonnie. The bank would clearly look at her income which was 1/5 th of whatever they were making from the show - last season was 180K for all of them from what was rumored. Say she makes maybe 50K from that disgusting apparel crap, she is carrying probably close to a 390K mortgage as a single person on the Vegas home and some bank would lend her another 320K ?  Something is fishy

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Was it just me who was wondering and still wondering what type of soup that was?  Why I need to know the type is a mystery.

I decided it may have been split pea soup.  ??

Kind of sad, because I don't like Meri at all, and I am sure she deserves the cold shoulder she gets a lot of the time, but the other adults wouldn't be sorry to see her gone, IF it wasn't for the show.  What a farce they present.

• Love 4
On 4/19/2019 at 1:52 PM, Natalie68 said:

Shark fin soup. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4C38063C-0F7A-431C-B38E-3B98D81014BD.jpeg

B9E069BF-7D20-48CD-A601-1DF2DD811B28.jpeg

So who took the photo?  Do these LLN fashionistas travel in packs so that they can always capture one another's outfits in various locales?

And Robyn was slurping something delicate like consomme.  You know, 'cause she's so delicate herself.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

just think that the too-small vest thing makes one look bigger.  I’m not skinny and I sure wouldn’t wear that. 

Especially with horizontal stripes (not most people's best friend under any circumstances.)  And while it appears she is at least wearing the proper size top the fitting on those clothes seems really wonky.  Most women that size also have larger arms - the sleeves on her top are cut way too tight,

• Love 6
On 4/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, ginger90 said:

4C38063C-0F7A-431C-B38E-3B98D81014BD.jpeg

B9E069BF-7D20-48CD-A601-1DF2DD811B28.jpeg

I don't even know where I could find a pair of boots that UGLY!

How could she possibly think wearing some rumpled clodhoppers looks good?

Just when i thought maybe she was improving she goes right back to the tightest shit on the planet with huge ugly ass boots.

Give Truely her vest back!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Shieldmaiden said:

Yeah. People also like to hike down to the river in summer and run out of water because they don't realize it gets hotter as you go down in elevation. Good read: "Death in Grand Canyon: Over the Edge" (along with all the other "death in" books for the national parks). 

I have to defend Meri's footwear here--even on the rim you don't want to wear "cute shoes". One can easily trip and bust their face or roll their ankle or worse, trip right over the edge. Sensible shoes. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Yeah. People also like to hike down to the river in summer and run out of water because they don't realize it gets hotter as you go down in elevation. Good read: "Death in Grand Canyon: Over the Edge" (along with all the other "death in" books for the national parks). 

I have to defend Meri's footwear here--even on the rim you don't want to wear "cute shoes". One can easily trip and bust their face or roll their ankle or worse, trip right over the edge. Sensible shoes. 

I wasn't suggesting she wear ballet slippers...I hike and I have cute hiking boots, Meri's look more like a bulky biker boot

There's plenty of good looking hiking boots on the market.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I wonder if she hopped a guard rail/barrier to get that picture?  That's how most people wind up falling.

With her standing in the family, I wouldn't turn my back on any one of them so close to the edge. 

I can just see the (Flintstone) wheels turning in Kootie's head - "If Meri falls, can we get a whole 'nother season out of our fake grief?  I could use that as an excuse to take another wife.  Hey, Meri, look over there!  A giant prairie dog!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

With her standing in the family, I wouldn't turn my back on any one of them so close to the edge. 

I can just see the (Flintstone) wheels turning in Kootie's head - "If Meri falls, can we get a whole 'nother season out of our fake grief?  I could use that as an excuse to take another wife.  Hey, Meri, look over there!  A giant prairie dog!"

I actually would feel rilly bad if that happened, and I can't stand Meri.  She better sleep with one eye open.  LOL Flintstone wheels ❤️

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

People also like to hike down to the river in summer and run out of water because they don't realize it gets hotter as you go down in elevation. Good read: "Death in Grand Canyon: Over the Edge" (along with all the other "death in" books for the national parks). 

They hike down wearing flip-flops at noon, then realize that it is 4.5 miles back up hill (the last 1.5 miles is BRUTAL) in extreme heat. I love Death in Grand Canyon. It was written by a river guide and the doc who used to work in the Grand Canyon Village medical office. All the stupid ways people die in the Canyon.

Meri is definitely standing somewhere she isn't supposed to be. The Rim's tourist areas are surrounded by walls and pipe fences. None in sight in that pic.

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Which leads me to wonder whether these people have life insurance and who would it go to. If I were one of the wives, I would leave it in the names of my kids. Who would be named in an insurance policy for Kody? I assume Robyn if the policy is newer but I am sure these people don’t spend money on life insurance. That would mean they are proactive and think ahead, skills none of them have shown to date. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wasn't suggesting she wear ballet slippers...I hike and I have cute hiking boots, Meri's look more like a bulky biker boot

There's plenty of good looking hiking boots on the market.

I get it, but still gotta defend her. The last thing people should be thinking about in a national park is fashion (just my opinion as a rescue professional). It's what works with your feet, is functional and comfortable--if the shoes are ugly, so be it. Honestly, most people aren't looking at others' feet to see how cute their boots are. I look at peoples' feet to see if I need to stop and educate them. 

Meri and her ugly boots get a pass from me on this one. I just hope she stayed on the rim with the rest of that getup. 

• Love 12
On 4/19/2019 at 4:17 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Oh, and didn't another relative (male cousin? brother?) pony up the money needed for the down payment? Yeah, she might think herself independent - from the Browns. She just attached her dependency to another branch of her family tree.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Fosca said:

I wonder if she hopped a guard rail/barrier to get that picture?  That's how most people wind up falling.  At least she doesn't have her back to the drop.

The south rim of the Grand Canyon is about 250 miles long.  Very little of the rim is fenced or barricaded - most of that is near the visitor center, restaurants and hotels.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, B in Lee said:

Oh, and didn't another relative (male cousin? brother?) pony up the money needed for the down payment?

I believe it was a relative in banking that pushed through some sort of "creative" financing/loan.

• Love 4