Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Poor English , and a wall.....

What is going on with the fit of that hoodie? It looks tight in the chest and arms but baggy across the stomach area. Very unflattering.

• Love 3

Ill-fitting, but that's nothing new for Drudge OR LLNo.  

So yet another trip to see the Woke Couple?  I'm shocked she didn't pay their airfare so they could revisit Disneyland with her, and relive memories of Sam/Jackie.  

Ugh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, who thinks they know what the “rarity” in the picture is?

The walls behind her, not in up inside her? 

Definitely a sneaker support post. Mariah probably called her at Disney crying that people were being mean to her online about her queer sneakers and Meri rushed on the next flight in to enable support her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

The walls behind her, not in up inside her? 

Definitely a sneaker support post. Mariah probably called her at Disney crying that people were being mean to her online about her queer sneakers and Meri rushed on the next flight in to enable support her. 

Her answer is in the comments. 

It does amaze me that so many people take the time to gush over a celebrity. I suppose if social media was big back in the day, I would've gone on Paul Michael Glaser's page, or Shaun Cassidy's, or Duran Duran's, and gone on about how awesome they were and how much I loved them. Which makes me very, very glad that we did NOT have social media back then!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Gosh, I just don't know how my life will have meaning because I will never know what the mysterious "rarity" might be.  Just getting through the ridiculous hashtags in wearing enough, I sure as heck will not read any sycophantic gushing comments.

• LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Her answer is in the comments. 

It does amaze me that so many people take the time to gush over a celebrity. I suppose if social media was big back in the day, I would've gone on Paul Michael Glaser's page, or Shaun Cassidy's, or Duran Duran's, and gone on about how awesome they were and how much I loved them. Which makes me very, very glad that we did NOT have social media back then!

BUT THEY WERE ALL CUTE AND TALENTED!!!

ETA and based on what I've been told by real life friends who ran into Duran Duran during their US tour circa 2011, much more gracious to their fans. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is that a dead mouse on the ground, left by a cat who bit off part of its tail?  I imagine mice are rarer than rats in Chicago.

Paul Michael Glaser, Shaun Cassidy & Duran Duran worked hard for a living at Mariah's age.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ok I caved and looked. She doesn’t wear a certain colour. And I call bull crap on that. It’s in every second outfit 🙄 What  is it with Mariah and Meri claiming they don’t wear things they clearly do. 

6E5C2F2B-F3CE-41C4-AF1E-9536F24576FC.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Am I blind?  In the pic I don’t see black.  I see a navy sweatshirt and jeans....

You’re not the only one 😆 I think it’s because she filtered the crap out of it before posting it’s changed it to navy. 

82D4BAFD-2099-49D0-9AFD-F9D01798AE29.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ok I caved and looked. She doesn’t wear a certain colour. And I call bull crap on that. It’s in every second outfit 🙄 What  is it with Mariah and Meri claiming they don’t wear things they clearly do. 

6E5C2F2B-F3CE-41C4-AF1E-9536F24576FC.jpeg

Omg, black everywhere! 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

BUT THEY WERE ALL CUTE AND TALENTED!!!

ETA and based on what I've been told by real life friends who ran into Duran Duran during their US tour circa 2011, much more gracious to their fans. 

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Paul Michael Glaser, Shaun Cassidy & Duran Duran worked hard for a living at Mariah's age.

Indeed they were adorable, and DD is gracious (from what I've  heard as well), and they all did (and do) work hard. I've no shame in admitting my crushes, in fact Duran Duran remains my all-time favorite band! ❤️

I just wonder how silly I would've gotten back when I was a young one if I had SM pages to post on, and nothing but time on my hands, lol.

FYI, today is Nick Rhodes' birthday, and John Taylor's is June 20th. 😄

• Love 4
On 6/3/2019 at 6:17 AM, laurakaye said:

Does LLR comp her for all these Disney trips if she wears their ugly Mickey-print t-shirts?

I've only been to Disney World once, and it was fun, but I don't understand the reason for her multiple trips to Disneyland.  Seems like she goes there at least 8 - 10 times a year....after awhile, wouldn't it get kind of boring?  Not to mention incredibly expensive?  Aren't there, like, a thousand other things to see and do out west?  I don't really understand her obsession with this place, especially since it's also the location where she infamously tried to hook up with "Sam."

Before Disneyland got outrageously expensive and overcrowded, I had a pass. I’m born and raised about 15-30 minutes away from there and back in the good ole days a seasonal pass was maybe $150-200? Parking was $20 I know that for sure. And that was for the whole year. In high school, my friends and I would go every night to just hang out, find more hidden Mickeys, and make out on the Haunted Mansion. Lol. So, so very much teenage romance on the Haunted Mansion. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

My grandparents lived in Florida for a period of time. I went to Disney almost every trip. At that time, you used a ticket book. After time, and many people staying with them, we did many trips with the leftover tickets from books people left behind for the next visitors. Disney was very enjoyable when it ended up being free. 😎

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My grandparents lived in Florida for a period of time. I went to Disney almost every trip. At that time, you used a ticket book. After time, and many people staying with them, we did many trips with the leftover tickets from books people left behind for the next visitors. Disney was very enjoyable when it ended up being free. 😎

Ah, yes . . . the good old days with "E" ticket rides!!!!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Enya Face said:

Before Disneyland got outrageously expensive and overcrowded, I had a pass. I’m born and raised about 15-30 minutes away from there and back in the good ole days a seasonal pass was maybe $150-200? Parking was $20 I know that for sure. And that was for the whole year. In high school, my friends and I would go every night to just hang out, find more hidden Mickeys, and make out on the Haunted Mansion. Lol. So, so very much teenage romance on the Haunted Mansion. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I went about 9 years ago expecting to have a great time. I figured having been to Florida every year and experienced Disney World many times (as a child), Disneyland would be fine. Oh no. It was not "fine". It was a rip off and anxiety-causing experience for me. 

It's just insane nowadays. I can't believe people pay so much to wade through crowds and stand in long lines. We may as well have burned our money as the experience was just as stress-inducing. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I went about 9 years ago expecting to have a great time. I figured having been to Florida every year and experienced Disney World many times (as a child), Disneyland would be fine. Oh no. It was not "fine". It was a rip off and anxiety-causing experience for me. 

It's just insane nowadays. I can't believe people pay so much to wade through crowds and stand in long lines. We may as well have burned our money as the experience was just as stress-inducing. 

We were at Disneyland on two weekdays in January (VERY off-peak time).  While riding the big ferris wheel at California Adventure, we were in a gondola with two young gentlemen who worked at Disney World in Florida.  They couldn't get over how there were very short lines and the walkways were not crowded.  They said there was NEVER a day like that at Disney World.

The longest line we saw was for the "Cars" ride - an hour wait.  Nope.  We skipped that one.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri got lucky since the hood on hers was (apparently) sewed on correctly...

Edited by Mindthinkr
It wouldn’t allow me to say anything under the picture, but I wanted to say that it looks as though she needs to use the bathroom...quickly.
  • LOL 9

I was signed into our neighborhood online message board today and I noticed two clearance notices for Lularoe.  One vendor was selling every item for $5.00 and the other was giving them away for free!  And there was plenty of stock!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

I guess I'll be bringing along a random change of "scenery" here. Some of you know that I've been working on the Allred/Thompson family tree in Aspyn's thread, but now I've got some sh!t on Meri.

I started doing some research when a member on the Reddit board asked if the sister wives might be related to each other (and Kody) when they mentioned a tweet that Kody shared about how his and Janelle's ancestors served time for having multiple wives, and Meri chimed in that she did too. (Interesting that he left out Meri).

But anyway, here is her family line...

Meri is related to both Kody and Christine through Orissa Angela Bates. Meri's great-great grandfather was Orson Parley Bates. Orissa Angela Bates is Orson's aunt through Orson's father Ormus Ephraim Bates.

Meri Brown ---> William James Barber ---> Emily Bates Hale ---> Gertrude Mae Bates ---> Orson Parley Bates

Kody Brown ---> Genielle Tew ---> Daisy Josephine Allred ---> Nelson Calvert Allred ---> Orissa Angela Bates

Christine Brown ---> Rex Clark Allred ---> Byron Harvey Allred, Jr. ---> Byron Harvey Allred, Sr. ---> William Moore Allred

William More Allred and Orissa Angela Bates were married.

Byron Harvey and Nelson Calvert were two of their ten children.

Crazy stuff, huh?

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Orson Parley Bates

Hee!  Did anyone else think Pearly Gates?

3 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Crazy stuff, huh?

It's a wonder they don't all have 2 heads.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I guess I'll be bringing along a random change of "scenery" here. Some of you know that I've been working on the Allred/Thompson family tree in Aspyn's thread, but now I've got some sh!t on Meri.

I started doing some research when a member on the Reddit board asked if the sister wives might be related to each other (and Kody) when they mentioned a tweet that Kody shared about how his and Janelle's ancestors served time for having multiple wives, and Meri chimed in that she did too. (Interesting that he left out Meri).

Meri is related to both Kody and Christine through Orissa Angela Bates. Meri's great-great grandfather was Orson Parley Bates. Orissa Angela Bates is Orson's aunt through Orson's father Ormus Ephraim Bates.

Meri Brown ---> William James Barber ---> Emily Bates Hale ---> Gertrude Mae Bates ---> Orson Parley Bates

Kody Brown ---> Genielle Tew ---> Daisy Josephine Allred ---> Nelson Calvert Allred ---> Orissa Angela Bates

Christine Brown ---> Rex Clark Allred ---> Byron Harvey Allred, Jr. ---> Byron Harvey Allred, Sr. ---> William Moore Allred

Crazy stuff, huh?

Or as has been said before, the Family Tree for these plyg families looks more like a wreath.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Crazy stuff, huh?

That is actually not as unusual as one might think in spouses. Monogamists are most often unknowingly at least 5th cousins.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Monogamists are most often unknowingly at least 5th cousins.

I'd have to question that statistic.  I suppose it's possible but my dad's family came from Bohemia and my mom's from the hills of W Virginia.  Kind of doubt any connection at all!

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'd have to question that statistic.  I suppose it's possible but my dad's family came from Bohemia and my mom's from the hills of W Virginia.  Kind of doubt any connection at all!

Do some research. DNA might just surprise you.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

"The number of third and fourth cousins a person has varies widely based on individual family structures and the culture of their ancestors. That being said, as Brenna Henn explains in a blog post for 23andMe: “Under a simple model where a family has two to three children, you would have 190 third cousins, 940 fourth cousins and a whopping 4,700 fifth cousins. … Now, this model is a simplification because some families have a dozen children and some have none; but [it] does help illustrate just how many potential distant cousins are out there.”

So I have potentially about 5000 fifth cousins in a world of 7 billion people. I 'd say "most often marrying a fifth cousin" is a huge stretch.  Even limiting it to the US, there are over 300 million people.  Again, "most often" doesn't fly.

Humans all carry about 99% the same DNA but that doesn't make us cousins.  There are still 3 million differences between my genomes and my next door neighbor's.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Higgins said:

So very true.  Both sides of my family tree have been researched.  All four grandparents are not only descended from the same people in England, they periodically also cross paths again down the road several times.  So yes you probably marry distant relatives without even knowing it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"The number of third and fourth cousins a person has varies widely based on individual family structures and the culture of their ancestors. That being said, as Brenna Henn explains in a blog post for 23andMe: “Under a simple model where a family has two to three children, you would have 190 third cousins, 940 fourth cousins and a whopping 4,700 fifth cousins. … Now, this model is a simplification because some families have a dozen children and some have none; but [it] does help illustrate just how many potential distant cousins are out there.”

So I have potentially about 5000 fifth cousins in a world of 7 billion people. I 'd say "most often marrying a fifth cousin" is a huge stretch.  Even limiting it to the US, there are over 300 million people.  Again, "most often" doesn't fly.

Humans all carry about 99% the same DNA but that doesn't make us cousins.  There are still 3 million differences between my genomes and my next door neighbor's.

How much would you times that by for a polygamist family?  🤣

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

How much would you times that by for a polygamist family?  🤣

That would be advanced math and calculus!  Plus some statistics!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 6/8/2019 at 6:50 PM, Gothish520 said:

Indeed they were adorable, and DD is gracious (from what I've  heard as well), and they all did (and do) work hard. I've no shame in admitting my crushes, in fact Duran Duran remains my all-time favorite band! ❤️

I just wonder how silly I would've gotten back when I was a young one if I had SM pages to post on, and nothing but time on my hands, lol.

FYI, today is Nick Rhodes' birthday, and John Taylor's is June 20th. 😄

John Taylor and Andrew Ridgely were quite dreamy!  I may get to meet another one of my 1980's crushes next month.  I am seeing Billy Idol with my sister and her family and her husband used to play with BI's keyboardist so we MAY get backstage.  Fingers crossed!!!

It is clear to me that LLR has terrible sizing because her clothes never look like they fit.  I am so ready for this phase to go away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

John Taylor and Andrew Ridgely were quite dreamy!  I may get to meet another one of my 1980's crushes next month.  I am seeing Billy Idol with my sister and her family and her husband used to play with BI's keyboardist so we MAY get backstage.  Fingers crossed!!!

It is clear to me that LLR has terrible sizing because her clothes never look like they fit.  I am so ready for this phase to go away.

I loved Billy Idol too! Saw him in concert back in the day, but didn't get backstage - good luck!

And yes, I have no idea what's up with their sizing. When I see pieces at the thrift store or consignment shop, no matter what size they are they always look huge, even the extra small. And the material is just like everyone says, cheap and tacky. 

• Love 6

I'm waiting for the inveitable implosion of her LLR biz -that's all so 2017.

Anyone here follow her VIP page? How's business? I can't believe there are still people who want to buy this shit.

Broken record: THIS IS ALL AT OLD NAVY FOR LESS MONEY!!!!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm waiting for the inveitable implosion of her LLR biz -that's all so 2017.

Anyone here follow her VIP page? How's business? I can't believe there are still people who want to buy this shit.

Broken record: THIS IS ALL AT OLD NAVY FOR LESS MONEY!!!!

And I would bet it's not just cheap polyester at Old Navy.  I haven't been there in a while.

I'm not on Facebook any more...does Meri do her sales from there, or does she have her own website?  COL here.  Yeah, I wonder how much longer LLN can last, with lawsuits and bad press.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

And I would bet it's not just cheap polyester at Old Navy.  I haven't been there in a while.

I'm not on Facebook any more...does Meri do her sales from there, or does she have her own website?  COL here.  Yeah, I wonder how much longer LLN can last, with lawsuits and bad press.

At least you can return stuff without a hassle at ON. 

Even if they weren't an scummy business, fashion styles are fleeting. I know leggings will always be a thing but collecting crazy patterns is just a fad IMO. 

• Love 6
On 6/2/2019 at 7:18 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Just when I thought she’d already shown us the worst LuLaNo has to offer... we get this ensemble.

The print looks like someone vomited on it, the sleeves make her arms look like fat German sausages, weird baggy waist makes her look like she’s expecting, the length could not be more unflattering on her hips and again with heinous shoes! 

She looks like a legitimate garden gnome here. 

EF27334A-017B-471A-9ADF-E962665BF9D4.jpeg

Sorry to drag this back, but what's Mickey about this top?  I don't see it. It looks like Día de los Muertos' skulls. Anyway, I'd buy Luluno for three bucks. They could be good to lounge around the house in unless the prints scare my husband. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Sorry to drag this back, but what's Mickey about this top?  I don't see it. 

I'm vintage and I don't see Mickey either. Does she think those blobs are ears on skulls of Mickey?    I don't lounge in polyester; I'm comfiest in non-skintight 100% cotton.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I looked at her website (thx @ginger90) and was honestly floored by the hideous prints. 

The prices were absolutely laughable.  $60 for a freaking ugly duster, to look like Maude, in the 70's?  GTFOOH.  It has to be a huge joke.

My jaw is stuck in the dropped position when it comes to women buying this atrocious, hideous crap. It's like the biggest, continuous prank EVER played on gullible women. It's so ugly and cheap-but-expensive, yet it continues. Between the vomit-inducing LLNo prints, poorly-fitting jeans, scare-crow straw hair and gobs of black eye-liner, Meri is on the road to making herself look both colorblind and old. 

I just don't get it. As I get older, I find myself opting for clean lines and natural fabrics, not the other way around. I know what looks good on me and what doesn't and despite wanting something to look good on me, I know when I can't (and shouldn't) try to pull something off. 

The LLNo brainwashing is strong. 

• Love 8

Although this is a different color, the print pattern is the same.  It took awhile to find the print among the eye bleeding patterns in the sea of lulano.  Goodness that stuff is hideous.  THIS is what Meri meant by "vintage mickey". The old cartoon version of Mickey is within the pattern, but far away with a poor quality photo and it does honestly look like "day of the dead" skulls. Especially in the color scheme of the shirt she is wearing.

1939860376_mickeylularoeprint.jpg.5b160ce2e57fe41a78b3aa223b781f33.jpg

• Useful 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Although this is a different color, the print pattern is the same.  It took awhile to find the print among the eye bleeding patterns in the sea of lulano.  Goodness that stuff is hideous.  THIS is what Meri meant by "vintage mickey". The old cartoon version of Mickey is within the pattern, but far away with a poor quality photo and it does honestly look like "day of the dead" skulls. Especially in the color scheme of the shirt she is wearing.

1939860376_mickeylularoeprint.jpg.5b160ce2e57fe41a78b3aa223b781f33.jpg

Thank you for your research Roslyn, I would never have discerned what the print was. Had I encountered someone wearing such madcap leggings, I would have politely averted my eyes, thinking they were out in their pj's.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

What exactly are "details of love" do you suppose?  I've seen lots of historical costumes and this ranks really low on the scale of something I'd display. 

Another one of those "Lizzie" things, like the old house, that means something to her but not to anyone else.

• Love 14