Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

The guests are nicer than I would have been.  My face is not available for advertising, anyplace, period.  Introvert and camera shy here.  I have never liked how I look in pictures.  When I look in the mirror, I don't see half the wrinkles that I have in photos.

So that's a couple of full-sized Costco-type cinnamon rolls cut into bite-sized pieces?  How genius of you, Meri.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So that's a couple of full-sized Costco-type cinnamon rolls cut into bite-sized pieces?  How genius of you, Meri.  

Exactly what I thought.

And I certainly hope she got written permission for those pictures. I doubt it even crossed her mind.  I can imagine she thinks everyone wants their mugs plastered all over the place like she does.  Ain't necessarily so, Mer.  My picture cannot be found on the internet anywhere.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The guests are nicer than I would have been.  My face is not available for advertising, anyplace, period.  Introvert and camera shy here.  I have never liked how I look in pictures.  When I look in the mirror, I don't see half the wrinkles that I have in photos.

Credit where it's due, the cinnamon rolls are baked fresh on premises. Not sure why they cut them up, unless it was just to provide a bite size snack for those that don't want a whole bun. Me, I could eat that whole plate, lol!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Credit where it's due, the cinnamon rolls are baked fresh on premises. Not sure why they cut them up, unless it was just to provide a bite size snack for those that don't want a whole bun. Me, I could eat that whole plate, lol!

Parowan's "claim to fame" is the number of restaurants that make and sell cinnamon rolls.  And since the nearest Costco is 67 miles away in St. George . . . these are NOT Costco rolls, but they are definitely as big.

Edited by AZChristian
Cinnamon "tolls" made no sense!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Did they actually state they were baked at the B&B? It would make more sense to source them from one of the established cinnamon roll bakeries in the area.

It's like my church - we're known in the community for (among other attributes) our bountiful donut trays (along with our fabulous volunteer barista team) but the donuts come from an independent local bakery. Yum, yum!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Did they actually state they were baked at the B&B?

There's nothing on the website saying anything about the rolls.  Her last blog entry was in January (way to keep current there Meri) and no mention of food.

Even if she says they are homemade, it doesn't mean squat.  How many restaurants advertise "homemade" cakes, pies, bread, etc. and you know good and well they aren't made in somebody's kitchen.  It's another catch all phrase that lures people in like describing things as gluten free these days.  Christine tried to cash in on that one by promising the recipe for a "gluten free omelet" if you bought one of her LuLaRags.  Since omelets area just eggs without any grain, they are ALL gluten free.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Did they actually state they were baked at the B&B? It would make more sense to source them from one of the established cinnamon roll bakeries in the area.

It's like my church - we're known in the community for (among other attributes) our bountiful donut trays (along with our fabulous volunteer barista team) but the donuts come from an independent local bakery. Yum, yum!

Yum indeed. A good cup of coffee and a sweet treat and I'm happy, lol.

Meri posted pictures a while ago of the cinnamon rolls either about to go in the oven or just out, can't remember which. But they were definitely presented as being baked on premises. Could very well be premade and ready to bake ones. Honestly, even if they were Costco, I'd be happy, they have some great bakery goods, lol. My cousin brought a huge Costco apple pie to my house for a gathering recently, and even my super picky brother raved about it.

Just now, Kohola3 said:

There's nothing on the website saying anything about the rolls.  Her last blog entry was in January (way to keep current there Meri) and no mention of food.

Even if she says they are homemade, it doesn't mean squat.  How many restaurants advertise "homemade" cakes, pies, bread, etc. and you know good and well they aren't made in somebody's kitchen.  It's another catch all phrase that lures people in like describing things as gluten free these days.  Christine tried to cash in on that one by promising the recipe for a "gluten free omelet" if you bought one of her LuLaRags.  Since omelets area just eggs without any grain, they are ALL gluten free.

She corrected herself, she meant quiche, referring to the crust.

• Love 4

10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Mea Culpa!!! It was me that mislead everyone here regarding the "gluten free omelet".  I mistakenly reported omelet when it should have been gluten free quiche.

• Love 4
On 7/5/2019 at 8:55 PM, athousandclowns said:

I swear I thought that was Gum Alley in San Luis Obispo. Yes chewed gum on the walls of the alley. 

I grew up around there.  Yes it was a thing and yes I did put gum on it and yes it is gross.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2019 at 6:08 AM, TurtlePower said:

Oh dear! I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna chalk it up to me disliking Meri. I think it's when annoying people "borrow" the words and mannerisms of others for whatever reason. Meri is unlikable and annoying, so that makes it worse and it's awkward any time she uses it.

I also dislike Whitney Thore, but "y'all" is part of her culture so it seems natural when she uses it. And honestly, shame on me as an anthropologist (my thesis was on linguistics) and it's a free country--people can say whatever they want. But, Meri annoys me so, just about anything that comes out of her mouth seems disingenuine to me. 

ETA: "Ya'll" may be part of Whitney's culture but it did annoy me when she kept saying "Alasker" in reference to Alaska. She also uses old teen slang with makes her sound like an idiot, too. 

No need!  I honestly am glad you mentioned it.  I really don't want to offend anyone and it never crossed my mind.  

On 7/6/2019 at 10:06 AM, Gothish520 said:

Omg, raw chicken and then just a quick wipe? Yikes!

I work at a place that has public bathrooms, and the amount of women that leave without washing their hands is disturbing. I can only imagine how bad it is on the men's side.

"When in doubt, throw it out", words to live by! I don't want to eat anything bad enough to risk illness.

And you're 102? That's awesome! I guess our picky eating proclivities have served you well, lol!

Sing it!  I get totally skeeved out.  What is worse is when you see food workers not wash their hands.  I have been known to pass that along to their bosses.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I have been known to pass that along to their bosses.

As well you should!  Although I think those signs that say "employees must wash their hands"  should be changed to "EVERYONE must wash their hands"!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

As well you should!  Although I think those signs that say "employees must wash their hands"  should be changed to "EVERYONE must wash their hands"!

They should change the signs!  It is so gross that people are so cavalier about it.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

so coy Meri LOL

I wonder what Kody thinks of these cutesy games?

Can we talk about the pattern on her shirt? I'm pretty sure my 1 year old would say, "No thanks, that's too young for me."

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

Oh that cheeky ol’ Mare! She loves to stir the pot knowing that people will speculate on their status and generate some interest. He’ll just be someone else’s hubby she already knew from somewhere else, who she just realised also hawks Lulanoe, so she used him for controversy. Pretend shags will help sell the rags. 

Also that eyeliner and clumpy spider leg mascara! while it looks passable in the heavily filtered photo, it would be over-the-top in person. Less is more when you’re a mature woman, it’s too severe and only emphasises those crows feet and fully lining your eyes makes them appear so much smaller. Get a make up lesson Meri. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

From Twitter, I gleaned that he is probably the son of the friend of her dad's that recently passed way.

I read that too on another site. He is, indeed, married. Apparently Meri had not spent much time around him growing up, despite their dads being best friends. She is just stirring the gossip pot (and I am sure she will get all huffy about it later).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Oh that cheeky ol’ Mare! She loves to stir the pot knowing that people will speculate on their status and generate some interest. He’ll just be someone else’s hubby she already knew from somewhere else, who she just realised also hawks Lulanoe, so she used him for controversy. Pretend shags will help sell the rags. 

Also that eyeliner and clumpy spider leg mascara! while it looks passable in the heavily filtered photo, it would be over-the-top in person. Less is more when you’re a mature woman, it’s too severe and only emphasises those crows feet and fully lining your eyes makes them appear so much smaller. Get a make up lesson Meri. 

Hahaha, I could see this being their mantra behind the scenes at LuLaNo!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

From Twitter, I gleaned that he is probably the son of the friend of her dad's that recently passed way.

Meri posted a picture of his gravesite. I skipped sharing that one.  Here’s what she wrote:

A95FB7F6-F844-4F39-A4EF-4768F9260A39.jpeg

727BFB9B-A18E-4E0E-813A-8855A7EFAB74.jpeg

*This was on her lulano Instagram.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3
(edited)

Even she admits she hasn't grown up.

Yeah, this was posted at Reddit and got everyone in a huff. Clearly she does this shit for an ego stroke and to make Kody jealous when it's clear he could care less at this point.

And these guys are always either married, out of her league, or gay.

I wonder how this MARRIED guy feels about being USED by Meri in this way.

PS I notice she has no pupils in her eyes. Probably due to extreme Instagram filtering.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

PS I notice she has no pupils in her eyes. Probably due to extreme Instagram filtering.

Gotta make those blue peepers the bluest.  She's pitiful.

• Love 6

The thing that kills me is the fans who post how "Meri deserves true love" and so on. 

Yeah, we all deserve true love I suppose. But she's such a dour, sour person and has been since Janelle decided to leave her husband (Meri's brother) to pursue Kody. All one has to do is read their book to find out what a bitch Meri is. (And that's the WHITEWASHED version of events.)

As long as the TLC buckaroos keep coming in, she'll never leave. I happen to be of the opinion that individually none of these people (and I'm including the kids here) are interesting enough to support their own continuing series.  I mean really what does Meri do on a typical day?  She must spend at least half of her waking hours doing LLR shit which of course can't be on the show. The B&B reminds me of the "wedding farm" run by that little people family that I'm blanking on at the moment in an attempt to become relevant again, which failed as a show if memory serves.  Not every guest wants to be an unpaid extra on a reality TV show. 

I think the fact that Meri's real life is like watching paint dry is the reason why the catfish keeps being brought up like a bad penny. It's been FOUR YEARS ALREADY.

• Love 11

The show would have died a natural death years ago had it not been for the catfish incident.

I originally tuned in to try to understand the dynamics of a polygamist lifestyle and up until the catfish incident, they portrayed themselves as just a fun-loving group who enjoyed commitment ceremonies, wacky dancing and righteous indignation at the government for trying to tell them how to live and who to love.  Interesting for a few seasons, but no real presentation of the hurts, anxieties, and fears that surely exist in these relationships.

It wasn't until Meri's fall from grace and their inability to cover it up that the true underbelly began to show.  They should all be thanking Meri and J.O. for providing them with a storyline and subsequent seasons.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

The thing that kills me is the fans who post how "Meri deserves true love" and so on. 

Yeah, we all deserve true love I suppose. But she's such a dour, sour person and has been since Janelle decided to leave her husband (Meri's brother) to pursue Kody. All one has to do is read their book to find out what a bitch Meri is. (And that's the WHITEWASHED version of events.)

As long as the TLC buckaroos keep coming in, she'll never leave. I happen to be of the opinion that individually none of these people (and I'm including the kids here) are interesting enough to support their own continuing series.  I mean really what does Meri do on a typical day?  She must spend at least half of her waking hours doing LLR shit which of course can't be on the show. The B&B reminds me of the "wedding farm" run by that little people family that I'm blanking on at the moment in an attempt to become relevant again, which failed as a show if memory serves.  Not every guest wants to be an unpaid extra on a reality TV show. 

I think the fact that Meri's real life is like watching paint dry is the reason why the catfish keeps being brought up like a bad penny. It's been FOUR YEARS ALREADY.

I would watch a spinoff with Mariah and Audrey, if only for the snark factor! Meri could make some guest appearances and add even more fodder, lol. I don't think there's anyone else who would make for interesting viewing, although I would probably watch anything with Christine since I really like her.

Oh, who am I kidding - I would watch it all! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm sure there are people who would watch spinoffs. 

The question is if there would be enough viewers to keep the ratings sufficiently high to continue to attract advertisers.  Maybe a one off "where are they now" but a whole series? Hmmph.

• Love 6
On 7/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, Gothish520 said:

I am super fussy about what I will eat in public, and most people I know think I'm way over the top. I always tell my husband when we go anywhere that I will "evaluate the situation" with regard to whether I will eat anything. BTW, this includes my dear mother-in-law's house, as she has been known to undercook meat and leave stuff out for longer than I'm comfortable with. 

That’s not fussy, that’s just good common sense. I’m the same way, thanks to my mom. And I’m a certified food safety manager so I know she was right!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

That’s not fussy, that’s just good common sense. I’m the same way, thanks to my mom. And I’m a certified food safety manager so I know she was right!

I'm pretty low maintenance, but I've stopped going to potluck dinners. 

• Love 10
On 7/9/2019 at 1:41 PM, AZChristian said:

I'm pretty low maintenance, but I've stopped going to potluck dinners. 

Oh I hate those. We had a work one a few years ago and half the people got sick from cheesecake bites that were left out for too long.

I can't eat most of what people bring anyways. I'm gluten-intolerant, can't process dairy well and don't eat most meat. I grab a few pieces of broccoli and fruit and watch others eat mostly crappy food festering with growing bacteria (which serves me well, I don't get sick).

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, BucFan said:

With all the filtering Meri does with her pictures , why can’t she filter that darn tooth white?

She'd have to use a more exacting filtering app than what's on IG. If she tries to whiten that dead tooth using insta filters then all the other teeth would get whiter too. Defeats the purpose. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does Meri realize you’re suppose to take the pictures before you eat everything? Can we bring back the half used condiments pic, it was just as appetizing.

Lol! Right? Meri probably stuffed a giant cinnamon bun in her face after that shot. No way she stays the size she is just eating what the picture shows. 

That said, that breakfast looks good to me. As someone who can't have gluten, buns/toast/bagels/waffles/pancakes/muffins are all a no-go. Some fruit and eggs do just fine!

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

A tablespoon of eggs and some chopped up apple. Wow, they really go all out at Lizzie's.

14 hours ago, Absolom said:

That isn’t enough breakfast for a four year old.

I've stayed there.  That's nothing like the breakfast they normally serve guests.  It was HUGE (with eggs cooked to order), and delicious.

This looks to me like maybe there were no guests, and Meri and Bonnie just went into the kitchen and made their own breakfast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
38 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I've stayed there.  That's nothing like the breakfast they normally serve guests.  It was HUGE (with eggs cooked to order), and delicious.

So Meri continues to show her genius in the area of marketing.  

Edited by Kohola3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 7/13/2019 at 10:54 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Cement?!

She put cement in a small bucket,put it in a large planer, put a pole in the cement, and planted flowers around it.........

94CE670E-2304-436B-809D-1E3DEC37603D.jpeg

F195A174-CFBE-4491-9671-EC7B0CE33C6B.jpeg

8BA67523-7CBC-4E5F-B14A-2118E41A3B34.jpeg

• Love 2