Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

So is this "fun fact" something new?  I'm not impressed.  

Yeah, I'm sure Mariah was thrilled to model that.  Was this before or after her religious private school thing, so she wouldn't have to be ordinary and attend public school with the other Brown spawn?  Speshul snowflake and all.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

What exactly are "details of love" do you suppose?  I've seen lots of historical costumes and this ranks really low on the scale of something I'd display. 

Another one of those "Lizzie" things, like the old house, that means something to her but not to anyone else.

Growing up, my mother owned a dress I thought was the ugliest thing on the planet.  It was a Dior original compared to this.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Growing up, my mother owned a dress I thought was the ugliest thing on the planet.  It was a Dior original compared to this.

Lol!  That great line from The Sound of Music comes to mind:  "The poor didn't want this one."

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m watching tonight’s “Full Frontal” and there is EXTENSIVE commentary about the horrors of Lularoe. It’s awesome. 

Awesomely horrible.  They should use that in their advertising.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m watching tonight’s “Full Frontal” and there is EXTENSIVE commentary about the horrors of Lularoe. It’s awesome. 

She really tore them a new one, loved it!  Better look for your next MLM, Brownies.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I came here just to post the same thing. She eviscerated them. And those horrid patterns...

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 6
4 minutes ago, Pegasaurus said:

That was such a good expose' on LulaRoe and MLM's in general.  Loved the humor added to the story although is a shame scams like this exist (& always will cuz too many people are lazy and stupid).  

I liked how Samantha pointed out how MLMs also exploit high-energy, ambitious women who may not feel they have other career options. Hasn’t really thought of them in that light. LLR is certainly extra vile. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

That was brilliant. Oh my lord, those bee, taco and Leaning Tower of Pisa leggings - WHY???

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I liked how Samantha pointed out how MLMs also exploit high-energy, ambitious women who may not feel they have other career options. Hasn’t really thought of them in that light. LLR is certainly extra vile. 

LLR is extra vile because the Mormon founders are exploiting Mormon mothers stuck at home with a bunch of kids. Not very Christian of them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

MLMs are kinda scary and the tactics are bizarre. At least nowadays it's mostly online--I remember when those Amway people would stalk grocery stores for targets. Leave people alone in the grocery store--talk about rude and intrusive! For me, it's like "Way to make someone with both anxiety and autism feel extremely uncomfortable, you thoughtless asshole." When one "no" from me isn't enough, that's an example of what they get in return. 

ETA: I've also been known to simply stand there and shout, "Stranger Danger!" should being articulate not work. That tends to send them running before the cops arrive. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

MLMs are kinda scary and the tactics are bizarre. At least nowadays it's mostly online--I remember when those Amway people would stalk grocery stores for targets.

Yikes, I was never accosted like that, how awful.  For me it was endless invitations to home parties for snacks and "no pressure to buy".  If they were friends, you felt like a heel if you didn't purchase at least one small thing especially if the MLM leader kept saying what a great prize your friend would get for a certain number of sales.  I started being "busy" a lot so I "couldn't" attend.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yikes, I was never accosted like that, how awful.  For me it was endless invitations to home parties for snacks and "no pressure to buy".  If they were friends, you felt like a heel if you didn't purchase at least one small thing especially if the MLM leader kept saying what a great prize your friend would get for a certain number of sales.  I started being "busy" a lot so I "couldn't" attend.

Oh dog, the home parties.  I had a friend who didn't drive and she asked me to take her to a mutual acquaintance's home party.  She described it as "night gowns and stuff."  I went, it was sex stuff (motion lotion, anatomically correct ice cube trays, "funny" stuff, etc.)  There was not ONE thing I would buy even as a gesture (most of the purchases were being made for some poor unfortunate person's bachelorette party.)  Just for going I ended up on a REALLY raunchy mailing list!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I remember when those Amway people would stalk grocery stores for targets. Leave people alone in the grocery store--talk about rude and intrusive! 

If that ever happened to me I would have told the Manager to ban the competitors from the store.   

• Love 5
On 6/15/2019 at 11:16 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Thank you for the heads up.  I will look for it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

98185E3B-E287-4FDD-9C4A-63C889DCD168.jpeg

C4D0A695-507F-422C-A009-B6EBC80C86CB.jpeg

So, you are visiting with your sister wife's child, he falls off his bike and needs cuddles, you cuddle him and then you...stop and think, what a great opportunity for a social media post! Sol, stop crying and smile for the camera!

I just can't. So many people today, famous or not, living their lives with the next opportunity to post a picture of themselves and document their lives on social media being at the forefront of their mind - exhausting. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

At least Meri didn't take (or post) a photo of King Sol falling off his bike.  The photos/videos of disasters in progress when the person doesn't think to put down the phone and avert disaster are the ones that really piss me off.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

So, you are visiting with your sister wife's child, he falls off his bike and needs cuddles, you cuddle him and then you...stop and think, what a great opportunity for a social media post! Sol, stop crying and smile for the camera!

I just can't. So many people today, famous or not, living their lives with the next opportunity to post a picture of themselves and document their lives on social media being at the forefront of their mind - exhausting. 

And THIS is one of the reasons why I ramped way back on my social media.

If I'm going to do a good deed I want to make sure I'm not doing it for personal accolades.

• Love 10
On 6/16/2019 at 12:30 PM, deirdra said:

LLR is extra vile because the Mormon founders are exploiting Mormon mothers stuck at home with a bunch of kids. Not very Christian of them.

Speaking of vile...how low does the LLR owner have to go. This is appalling.

Image 6-17-19 at 5.04 PM.jpeg

And Drudge Meri had her picture taken with that creepy-ass woman, who exploits people for her own profit (well, come to think of it, so does Meri.)  Just peachy.

Aren't these exploiters afraid of karma biting them in the ass?  I guess not.

• Love 6
On 6/13/2019 at 4:51 PM, ginger90 said:

She has both. Here’s the website:

https://shop.lularoebless.com/lularoemeribrown

Serious question...how does Meri get her hair to do this?  I have short hair, so I am unfamiliar with many tools of the trade.  It's like she sticks it in a crimper set to "char-broil" and doesn't brush it out afterwards?  I don't get it.

9 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Speechless! 😮

Didn't Deanne have a sister who got one of those cheap Tijuana gastric bypass procedures that Deanne was getting a kickback from?  I hope this is not that sister, nor that the bypass was botched.  And yes, that was an awful, distasteful, disgraceful photo.

• Love 7

I was looking for something else, and found this. It’s dated January, 2018. It’s on Facebook, and let’s just say the comments are mostly wonderful, and not at all what they expected when they posted it, I’m sure.

Statement by Mark and DeAnne Stidham, co-founders, LuLaRoe:

We are deeply saddened and disappointed to announce our decision to end our relationship with the National Down Syndrome Society. Our company and the Independent Fashion Retailers have embraced the NDSS and its important work, and have enthusiastically supported the organization’s efforts over the past year.  

Regrettably, a LuLaRoe Independent Fashion Retailer exhibited unacceptable and insensitive behavior during a live sale, which understandably offended viewers as well as everyone at LuLaRoe.  His bad judgment in no way represents the beliefs and character of LuLaRoe or Independent Fashion Retailers.  

Immediately after his sale, the Retailer posted an apology.  He also reached out to NDSS and said he and his wife have agreed to use the incident as a learning experience and expressed his intention to focus his business on support for the organization and its cause.

After speaking with the Retailer at great length, we believe his apology is sincere and accepted his assurance that this type of behavior would never happen again.  We are also using this unfortunate incident as an opportunity to redouble our sensitivity and tolerance training efforts and policies for Independent Fashion Retailers.

Unfortunately, NDSS leadership is unwilling to accept the Retailer’s apology and has informed us that unless we terminate his contract with LuLaRoe, the organization will no longer associate with us.  We do not believe the most productive response to his actions, which he has fully apologized for, is to close his business and threaten his ability to provide for his family.

This fundamental difference in how we view education and awareness initiatives – joined with our commitment to not fight intolerance with eradication – ultimately contributed to our decision to end this relationship. The culture of LuLaRoe and the opportunity to continue to improve lives and strengthen communities through strong principles of acceptance and education will remain among our highest priorities. 

This incident will not lessen our commitment to playing a positive role in raising awareness and contributing to Down Syndrome causes.  We wish the NDSS continued success.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Reading this caption and viewing this pic the phrase ‘just because you can doesn’t mean you should’ comes to mind. 

Those shoes do not go with such a casual look T-shirt at all IMO regardless of matching colour. If she wanted to be matchy matchy she could have just donned some queer white sneakers here and it would be marginally better. Save the orange clomper heel booties for a nice Lularoe floral tent dress instead Mer. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Unfortunately, NDSS leadership is unwilling to accept the Retailer’s apology and has informed us that unless we terminate his contract with LuLaRoe, the organization will no longer associate with us.

Wow, that must have been one hell of an "unacceptable and insensitive behavior" to completely break ties with what, at that time, would probably be some big buck donors.

Honestly I am so bloody sick of people making egregious remarks and acting like total assholes and then expect "oops, sorry, didn't REALLY mean it" to buy total forgiveness without any consequences.  When you say horrible things, at the time you say them DO mean them.  Apologies are too little, too late in most cases.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Reading this caption and viewing this pic the phrase ‘just because you can doesn’t mean you should’ comes to mind. 

Again with the ill fitting shirts.  The sleeves make her arms look huge.  I'm guessing when she stands up it will be tight in the bust and have that weird loose waist thing.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Those shoes do not go with such a casual look T-shirt at all IMO regardless of matching colour. If she wanted to be matchy matchy she could have just donned some queer white sneakers here and it would be marginally better. Save the orange clomper heel booties for a nice Lularoe floral tent dress instead Mer. 

Her head looks huge and she's really overusing the filters.

Is this her whole life? Selling crap clothes and posting selfies on Instagram #becauseican ??

I think she's posting for an audience of one. The ex husband who probably hasn't had sex with her in four years.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3
(edited)

I guess this Independent Fashion Retailer who exhibited unacceptable and insensitive behavior won't be getting into Harvard once LLR collapses.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2019 at 8:14 PM, ginger90 said:

That is just awful.

I still can't get over the picture at the viewing. What made the sister think that is was a good idea to post the picture of her sister in the coffin with her lularoe buddies and it got 265 likes!

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Serious question...how does Meri get her hair to do this?  I have short hair, so I am unfamiliar with many tools of the trade.  It's like she sticks it in a crimper set to "char-broil" and doesn't brush it out afterwards?  I don't get it.

Didn't Deanne have a sister who got one of those cheap Tijuana gastric bypass procedures that Deanne was getting a kickback from?  I hope this is not that sister, nor that the bypass was botched.  And yes, that was an awful, distasteful, disgraceful photo.

I think Meri uses a waver.  It looks like that anyway. https://www.ulta.com/a-wave-we-go-adjustable-deep-waver?productId=xlsImpprod6500909

So the coffin pic.  My parents came from Latvia...they and their Latvian friends take photos with the dead, surrounding the coffin.  Always have. To be fair, though, no one smiles in those photos. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

So the coffin pic.  My parents came from Latvia...they and their Latvian friends take photos with the dead, surrounding the coffin.  Always have. To be fair, though, no one smiles in those photos. 

Do they put them on social media for all to see or are they just for family & friends?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Hey, Meri?  This is 1977 calling.  We would like our t-shirt back.

I wore these in elementary school.  My fave was white with red trim and had the "Dr. Pepper" logo on it.

Again, I ask - who is taking these pictures of her?  Do LLN consultants travel in pairs for the purpose of taking photos of each other for social media?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Again with the ill fitting shirts.  The sleeves make her arms look huge.  I'm guessing when she stands up it will be tight in the bust and have that weird loose waist thing.

Meri kinda reminds me of a tree trunk--she's got a thick, stumpy physique that t-shirts and skinnies don't look good on (the cuffed jeans make her look even stumpier). If she doesn't want to trim-out her physique, she should learn to dress for it.

A nice boot-cut jean/heel would lengthen her legs and a semi-fitted, long sleeve top could give her a polished--even professional--look. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I had to look. The caption on the shirt is Dry Heat. That's our Meri.

However, my favorite print from the t-shirt collection is the one that's a jumble of car parts. I guess it's a LLN favorite: auto salvage yard. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I had to look. The caption on the shirt is Dry Heat. That's our Meri.

However, my favorite print from the t-shirt collection is the one that's a jumble of car parts. I guess it's a LLN favorite: auto salvage yard. 

Dry Heaves might be more appropriate.

My favorite prints are the leggings with creatures crawling in or out of the crotch and butt area.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Hey, Meri?  This is 1977 calling.  We would like our t-shirt back.

I wore these in elementary school.  My fave was white with red trim and had the "Dr. Pepper" logo on it.

Again, I ask - who is taking these pictures of her?  Do LLN consultants travel in pairs for the purpose of taking photos of each other for social media?

I'm pretty sure she's using the timer on her phone.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

our commitment to not fight intolerance with eradication

Fuck you Lularoe.  I'd like to eradicate you and your stupid, ugly clothes, how's that for fighing intolerance with eradication?

On topic - Meri's clothes look like what I wear when I'm doing yard work.  Or painting.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I actually don't hate this look, and I don't hate ringer tees either, thought it can be tough to get the right fit, as we've discussed here before. Retro t shirts and logos are big right now. Where I work we have everything from Seinfeld and Friends t shirts to Blockbuster and Atari.

Oh, and "queer sneakers" is the gift that keeps on giving! 😄

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Dry Heaves might be more appropriate.

My favorite prints are the leggings with creatures crawling in or out of the crotch and butt area.

Yes!  The Leaning Tower of Pisa penis and the demented chihuahuas being birthed are personal favorites of mine.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5