Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I can't even. 

Thank God for screenshots on Reddit so I can see the few important things on Facebook. 😂

This may be petty, but I hate it when people who aren't from the south or from Texas use "y'all". It seems especially awkward coming from Meri, probably because I already find her disingenuous. I wish she'd just stop it. It doesn't work for her. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This may be petty, but I hate it when people who aren't from the south or from Texas use "y'all".

It's probably in the LLHellNo handbook in the "reaching all audiences" section.  And something tells me the browbeaten women of the south (especially Alabama) love LLR.

• Love 1

I went to her business page on Facebook to have a nosey. Ye gods.

DA3A73EA-250A-474B-A52E-ECEE9235BB81.thumb.jpeg.cc82e6ad0e352f599588f87117918d87.jpeg

What in the world is this poor model wearing? She looks like she tripped over the clothing rack in Meri’s Lula room and got every single item of mismatched attire possible, stuck to her body. Who aspires to look like this honestly? If this is #fashion it’s a hard pass from me. 

• LOL 14

Sweet baby jesus, what the hell is that?  Nanook of the North looked 50 times better wearing animal skins.  And the chubby legs ending in the pigeon-toed pose? 

If I were that woman I'd be heading for another country, preferably one without internet.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

But. she ADDED the headband, scarf and gloves!  See YOU TOO can make this look your own!!!  Who wouldn't want to wear too tight horizontal stripes?  

With a high-waisted floral skirt that stops right under her horizontal stripes - enhanced chest! 

ETA: I will say that as far as pattern-mixing goes, this is as close to getting it right as I've seen from LuLaNo. You've got a larger simple pattern with a smaller one and the colors do coordinate. If she lost the pointless long vest, pulled the skirt down a couple of inches and put on some higher boots or regular shoes,  this might work.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Their "spread" is olives, tomatoes, and some while shredded stuff?  Wow.  Color me impressed.

Sauerkraut?

ETA I just noticed the condiment bottles haven't been refilled. There's just a little chili sauce left.  When I worked at a restaurant back in high school we refilled all the ketchup and sauce bottles in the morning.  

To me a b&b should be run the same as a regular restaurant but what do I know?

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Their "spread" is olives, tomatoes, and some white shredded stuff?  Wow.  Color me impressed.

But you're completely ignoring the TINY bowl of greens and the pickles!  Not to mention I see what looks like Kraft American cheese slices - if THAT isn't high end I don't know what is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 7/4/2019 at 6:06 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

DA3A73EA-250A-474B-A52E-ECEE9235BB81.thumb.jpeg.cc82e6ad0e352f599588f87117918d87.jpeg

What in the world is this poor model wearing? She looks like she tripped over the clothing rack in Meri’s Lula room and got every single item of mismatched attire possible, stuck to her body. Who aspires to look like this honestly? If this is #fashion it’s a hard pass from me. 

It just reminds me of Randy from Christmas Story

image.png.6ac33efaaa654f9a27f339b84ef55baf.png

• LOL 17
15 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

But you're completely ignoring the TINY bowl of greens and the pickles!  Not to mention I see what looks like Kraft American cheese slices - if THAT isn't high end I don't know what is.

And the plastic cheese slices are curling at the edges and probably dried out.  What a spread ;s

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

And the plastic cheese slices are curling at the edges and probably dried out.  What a spread ;s

I'm confused - black olives, sauerkraut, tomato, mayo, American cheese, lettuce, chili sauce and lemon pepper seasoning.  I mean, I know what these things are individually but how do they go together?  I assume burgers or hot dogs are being grilled but if so, we don't see them and also I still don't get the lemon pepper or the olives.  Am I reading way too much into this poorly constructed and confusing photo?  Why yes,  I am.  Am I also really bored at work?  Yes.  Yes, I am.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Ah, didn't see those charred bits of meat at the top of the photo.  Still confused, though.  

I assume this spread was for guests at Lizzie's?  Did Meri spend the holiday away from the rest of the family in Flagstaff?  Maybe Parowan has a spectacular fireworks show?

I gotta find something to do...........

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I'm confused - black olives, sauerkraut, tomato, mayo, American cheese, lettuce, chili sauce and lemon pepper seasoning.  I mean, I know what these things are individually but how do they go together?  I assume burgers or hot dogs are being grilled but if so, we don't see them and also I still don't get the lemon pepper or the olives.  Am I reading way too much into this poorly constructed and confusing photo?  Why yes,  I am.  Am I also really bored at work?  Yes.  Yes, I am.

Looks like an ok spread for guests, I mean, I'm not expecting gourmet cheese and fancy frou-frou at a free BnB picnic. And let's be honest, if she had expensive goodies out there people would be accusing her of living large and saying how it must be nice that she can afford all this high-falutin' food.

That being said, I like well-done dogs but those look both over and undercooked - black on the outside yet no splits or slices. And my OCD tendencies have an issue with eating food that's left sitting outside for any length of time. I don't like bugs of any kind with my food!

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Sauerkraut?

ETA I just noticed the condiment bottles haven't been refilled. There's just a little chili sauce left.  When I worked at a restaurant back in high school we refilled all the ketchup and sauce bottles in the morning.  

To me a b&b should be run the same as a regular restaurant but what do I know?

Truth be told, that is something that always kind of grossed me out about restaurants. The idea of mixing old and new condiments, especially ones that aren't refrigerated, is kind of nasty. I'd prefer to use up one bottle while it's still good, and then open a fresh one.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Looks like an ok spread for guests, I mean, I'm not expecting gourmet cheese and fancy frou-frou at a free BnB picnic. And let's be honest, if she had expensive goodies out there people would be accusing her of living large and saying how it must be nice that she can afford all this high-falutin' food.

That being said, I like well-done dogs but those look both over and undercooked - black on the outside yet no splits or slices. And my OCD tendencies have an issue with eating food that's left sitting outside for any length of time. I don't like bugs of any kind with my food!

At least the meat WAS an attempt but they look like they were simply dropped on the charcoal - no grate.  I am a terrible cook but, if I ate hot dogs, I would definitely be able to cook them better than that!

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

At least the meat WAS an attempt but they look like they were simply dropped on the charcoal - no grate.  I am a terrible cook but, if I ate hot dogs, I would definitely be able to cook them better than that!

My question is why not snap a photo before everything was "dug into?" It just looks nasty now, when it may have actually been a decent spread?  🙄

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 5
On 7/4/2019 at 5:43 AM, TurtlePower said:

This may be petty, but I hate it when people who aren't from the south or from Texas use "y'all". It seems especially awkward coming from Meri, probably because I already find her disingenuous. I wish she'd just stop it. It doesn't work for her. 

<small voice> I am not from the south and I don't know WHY or where it came from but I sometimes use y'all.  I will head to the corner of shame.  🤣

On 7/4/2019 at 6:06 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

That isn't a parody pic?  The designer/stylist hates women.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

<small shameful voice here too> I have been known to say something like "when will y'all be arriving", but am proud to say that probably "youse guys" has never passed my lips.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, Sandy W said:

<small shameful voice here too> I have been known to say something like "when will y'all be arriving", but am proud to say that probably "youse guys" has never passed my lips.

It has only passed my lips when imitating one of the Joe's from RHONJ.  I do feel a healthy amount of shame about that.  HA!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Looks like an ok spread for guests, I mean, I'm not expecting gourmet cheese and fancy frou-frou at a free BnB picnic. 

Is it "free" if meals are part of the stay? 

I wouldn't expect gourmet and fancy. I WOULD, however, expect quality, freshness, and a modicum of hygiene. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

My question is why not snap a photo before everything was "dug into?" It just looks nasty now, when it may have actually been a decent spread?  🙄

Totally agree there! She probably forgot,  but still, once stuff is partly used, it just looks tacky.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Is it "free" if meals are part of the stay? 

I wouldn't expect gourmet and fancy. I WOULD, however, expect quality, freshness, and a modicum of hygiene. 

I am super fussy about what I will eat in public, and most people I know think I'm way over the top. I always tell my husband when we go anywhere that I will "evaluate the situation" with regard to whether I will eat anything. BTW, this includes my dear mother-in-law's house, as she has been known to undercook meat and leave stuff out for longer than I'm comfortable with. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

<small voice> I am not from the south and I don't know WHY or where it came from but I sometimes use y'all.  I will head to the corner of shame.  🤣

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Oh thank god there’s a support group here! I’m an Australian that grew up in New Zealand so I have literally no right whatsoever to use it. I’m not even in the same country, let alone the south, and I use y’all (albeit very occasionally and only usually in a jovial sense with good friends).  I blame it on many years of American tv viewing,  having a close American friend and being obsessed with the likes of Britney Spears growing up.

‘Youse guys’ is a common speech pattern in New Zealand too which I may have used verbally but only jokingly.. hangs head in shame.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Oh thank god there’s a support group here! I’m an Australian that grew up in New Zealand so I have literally no right whatsoever to use it. I’m not even in the same country, let alone the south, and I use y’all (albeit very occasionally and only usually in a jovial sense with good friends).  I blame it on many years of American tv viewing,  having a close American friend and being obsessed with the likes of Britney Spears growing up.

‘Youse guys’ is a common speech pattern in New Zealand too which I may have used verbally but only jokingly.. hangs head in shame.

I am glad I am not alone!!!!  I have friends/family that have been to New Zealand and loved it to bits.  I also know someone horrible that is from there and y'all (HA!) are very lucky she isn't there any longer!  Sadly, we have her in this country now.  Know anyone with the last name Fleming?  

• LOL 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am glad I am not alone!!!!  I have friends/family that have been to New Zealand and loved it to bits.  I also know someone horrible that is from there and y'all (HA!) are very lucky she isn't there any longer!  Sadly, we have her in this country now.  Know anyone with the last name Fleming?  

Haha it was a lovely place to grow up and much of my family are there, but I’ve been in Australia for years now. Never met a Fleming before 😉 

(ETA sorry Mods l’ll stop talking about myself a la Mariah, and focus on Meri now promise!)

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Haha it was a lovely place to grow up and much of my family are there, but I’ve been in Australia for years now. Never met a Fleming before 😉 

Good thing!!!!!

• Love 1

No way in hell would I advertise that as "a spread".  That's all the cheapest stuff you can possibly buy and from what we can see there are no sides.  So your "spread" is essentially a burned/undercooked tube steak with mismatched toppings to throw on the bun.

Since she can only take a few guests, couldn't she have at least popped for chicken or something?  Or even some potato salad or chips?  Everything she does is such poor quality.

• Love 6
(edited)

The lettuce leaves look very green and fresh. Can't really tell the quality of the olives from the picture. Tomatoes look ok, sauerkraut looks like typical canned. Cheese is presliced but it doesn't look like Kraft American plastic at least. Dogs definitely look weird.

Most of the toppings appear to be for hamburgers - maybe they were still on the grill?

Just realized there are no buns in the picture, maybe we are only seeing half the "spread"?

And now I'm starting to feel like @laurakaye, I'm putting too much thought into this, lol!

Edited by Gothish520
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

No way in hell would I advertise that as "a spread".  That's all the cheapest stuff you can possibly buy and from what we can see there are no sides.  So your "spread" is essentially a burned/undercooked tube steak with mismatched toppings to throw on the bun.

Since she can only take a few guests, couldn't she have at least popped for chicken or something?  Or even some potato salad or chips?  Everything she does is such poor quality.

She must rilly be missing the d from Kody...

sorry, I will let myself out

• LOL 7
(edited)

These hashtags!  Such a lol!

#doingme #independentwoman

I’m sure that’s how she likes to view herself - carefree, strong and capable; but the reality is she’s still a desperado, clinging on to the farce that is her ‘spiritual marriage’, kissing Kody’s butt and going where he goes. If these hashtags were even remotely true, she’d be road tripping the hell out of Flag forever, to run her B&B and her MLM dream alone. At this point, she’s surely only there for the TLC paycheck and to try and save face from the embarrassing catfishing (by assuring everyone ‘we’re still fine, still family, no real damage done’) and the only other reason I can fathom, is that she really believes religious aspect that the marriage is necessary for her eternal salvation. She’s completely checked out in her mind, but still clinging on like a barnacle in reality. It does not compute. These hashtags should be #kodependantwoman #doingmarriagealone

Then we have all the MLM hype tags,  #goodtimes #lifefurfilled #becauseican #livingmywhy. Just bull crap buzz hashtags they are told to use, to portray a life of fun and wealth/opportunity to sucker impressionable and vulnerable people to join them. There is nothing about Meri’s life (that I’ve seen aired) that remotely suggests she’s fulfilled, having good times or that she’s living out what she really wants in life. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Omg #doingme is probably exactly what she IS doing since Kody isn't. 😂

I never thought of it that way! That hashtag makes complete sense to me now! 😂 

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I am super fussy about what I will eat in public, and most people I know think I'm way over the top. I always tell my husband when we go anywhere that I will "evaluate the situation" with regard to whether I will eat anything. BTW, this includes my dear mother-in-law's house, as she has been known to undercook meat and leave stuff out for longer than I'm comfortable with. 

Hate to tell you but in my case it got worse with age.   I’m 102  and my mother was an RN so by the time I was 8 I knew what cross contamination was. I’m making myself crazy because I have best friends who poo poo expiration dates and brag about it. They thaw meat and marinate on the counter.  My son and I say when  in doubt throw it out!  Years ago my best friends husband wiped the cutting board that he had raw chicken on with a sponge and put the board back. As soon as he the left room I got it out a washed it. Unfortunately both my best friends are men and  I’m invited to eat over a lot.   Plus why am I listening for water running after bathroom trips, because I have stomach issues?! 

Sorry for off topic but I was happy to read from a fellow neurotic eater/ or not eater.. So was this spread laid out in the parking lot.?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Oh dear! I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna chalk it up to me disliking Meri. I think it's when annoying people "borrow" the words and mannerisms of others for whatever reason. Meri is unlikable and annoying, so that makes it worse and it's awkward any time she uses it.

I also dislike Whitney Thore, but "y'all" is part of her culture so it seems natural when she uses it. And honestly, shame on me as an anthropologist (my thesis was on linguistics) and it's a free country--people can say whatever they want. But, Meri annoys me so, just about anything that comes out of her mouth seems disingenuine to me. 

ETA: "Ya'll" may be part of Whitney's culture but it did annoy me when she kept saying "Alasker" in reference to Alaska. She also uses old teen slang with makes her sound like an idiot, too. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh dear! I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna chalk it up to me disliking Meri. I think it's when annoying people "borrow" the words and mannerisms of others for whatever reason. Meri is unlikable and annoying, so that makes it worse and it's awkward any time she uses it.

I also dislike Whitney Thore, but "y'all" is part of her culture so it seems natural when she uses it. And honestly, shame on me as an anthropologist (my thesis was on linguistics) and it's a free country--people can say whatever they want. But, Meri annoys me so, just about anything that comes out of her mouth seems disingenuine to me. 

ETA: "Ya'll" may be part of Whitney's culture but it did annoy me when she kept saying "Alasker" in reference to Alaska. She also uses old teen slang with makes her sound like an idiot, too. 

Even more annoying to me than what Meri says, is how she says it.

I want to yell at her.......Clear your throat before speaking!  She always sounds to me as if she's gargling.

• LOL 3

About the picnic spread I just think it's weird because most people who photograph a BBQ highlight the meat or whatever is actually being grilled as opposed to the condiments.  In this case, the condiments look like ones that you throw away when you clean out your refrigerator.  Maybe she's just nervous about photographing food since banana-gate and wasn't thinking clearly.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Even more annoying to me than what Meri says, is how she says it.

I want to yell at her.......Clear your throat before speaking!  She always sounds to me as if she's gargling.

Vocal fry --another teenage girl thing 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Hate to tell you but in my case it got worse with age.   I’m 102  and my mother was an RN so by the time I was 8 I knew what cross contamination was. I’m making myself crazy because I have best friends who poo poo expiration dates and brag about it. They thaw meat and marinate on the counter.  My son and I say when  in doubt throw it out!  Years ago my best friends husband wiped the cutting board that he had raw chicken on with a sponge and put the board back. As soon as he the left room I got it out a washed it. Unfortunately both my best friends are men and  I’m invited to eat over a lot.   Plus why am I listening for water running after bathroom trips, because I have stomach issues?! 

Sorry for off topic but I was happy to read from a fellow neurotic eater/ or not eater.. So was this spread laid out in the parking lot.?  

Omg, raw chicken and then just a quick wipe? Yikes!

I work at a place that has public bathrooms, and the amount of women that leave without washing their hands is disturbing. I can only imagine how bad it is on the men's side.

"When in doubt, throw it out", words to live by! I don't want to eat anything bad enough to risk illness.

And you're 102? That's awesome! I guess our picky eating proclivities have served you well, lol!

• Love 8