Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

How do you make any money when you're pressured to order so much merchandise?

I can't imagine they will ever break even with their fire sales.  I bet they paid more than $5 apiece for those rags.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Local to me on a Facebook yard sale page. A yard sale this weekend:

LuLaRoe Consultant Liquidation: Everything $5 or less!

2F5CD54D-C324-422C-A6D1-1B2971DEB0E5.jpeg

Coming to a Goodwill shop near you . . . all of this stuff when it doesn't sell at the yard sale.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Coming to a Goodwill shop near you . . . all of this stuff when it doesn't sell at the yard sale.

If Goodwill actually accepts it, and if they do accept it, if it even hits their stores.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Um, what? Isn't Meri known for being snotty to fans?

Maybe she's hoping to hear some good family gossip. Remember how Janelle was totally told by two randoms at Disneyland that Meri had bought the B&B. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I’ve been wondering how Meri is handling the LLR situation ... after doing research online about the company, as well as reading about some of the consultants, it seems many people have lost a lot of money on this clothing line. It’s a total disaster and so criminal.  I knew nothing about it until I read about LLR here ... it’s made for fascinating reading, but I would be really concerned and angry if I were in Meri’s shoes.  She’d better hope they can still rake in $$$$$ from the TV show! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Just when I thought she’d already shown us the worst LuLaNo has to offer... we get this ensemble.

The print looks like someone vomited on it, the sleeves make her arms look like fat German sausages, weird baggy waist makes her look like she’s expecting, the length could not be more unflattering on her hips and again with heinous shoes! 

She looks like a legitimate garden gnome here. 

EF27334A-017B-471A-9ADF-E962665BF9D4.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Spellingk
  • LOL 13

And rolling up the cuffs of her jeans makes her legs look short & chunky.  Choose long lines, not multiple chop points - at the neckline, sleeves that end at the widest part of her arms, top that ends at the widest part of her torso.

• Love 5
On 6/1/2019 at 11:49 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

I have to admit my guilty secret - I'm always jealous of Meri's trips to Disneyland.  Of course she's there for the Galaxy's Edge opening, and of course she's spending a day shopping in the spendiest place on earth.  Meanwhile I haven't been able to take a trip there in years and it almost makes the LLR plyg life look worth it.  (Kiddingk!)

Does LLR comp her for all these Disney trips if she wears their ugly Mickey-print t-shirts?

I've only been to Disney World once, and it was fun, but I don't understand the reason for her multiple trips to Disneyland.  Seems like she goes there at least 8 - 10 times a year....after awhile, wouldn't it get kind of boring?  Not to mention incredibly expensive?  Aren't there, like, a thousand other things to see and do out west?  I don't really understand her obsession with this place, especially since it's also the location where she infamously tried to hook up with "Sam."

• Love 13
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Does LLR comp her for all these Disney trips if she wears their ugly Mickey-print t-shirts?

I've only been to Disney World once, and it was fun, but I don't understand the reason for her multiple trips to Disneyland.  Seems like she goes there at least 8 - 10 times a year....after awhile, wouldn't it get kind of boring?  Not to mention incredibly expensive?  Aren't there, like, a thousand other things to see and do out west?  I don't really understand her obsession with this place, especially since it's also the location where she infamously tried to hook up with "Sam."

LLR doesn't comp ANYONE. 

I'm almost certain that LLR quietly stopped offering Disney once MyDyer (who actually had the Disney license from what I read) pulled out. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

IIRC it's the shopping she's interested in and it's why she loves Disneyland so much, basically it's her favorite mall.

I guess that makes sense if you love everything Disney, from your shoes to your shirts, pants, jewelry, watches, dishes, cooking utensils, tablecloths, canisters... etc, etc.

I have a friend who can't pass up a Mickey Mouse toaster or a Minnie Mouse teapot.  😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

4B91D14B-6976-45CD-A8E7-F72FD1B6F0AF.jpeg

lularoemeribrown

What a fun couple days hanging out with these goofy kiddos at the happiest place on earth!!
💙💙💙
#LivingMyWhy
#BecauseICan
#LifeFulfilled
#GoodTimes
#Disneyland
#SmallWorld
#HappiestPlaceOnEarth

• Love 3

As a 60+ year old, Meri looks to be at least that old.  Probably the worst picture I've ever seen of her, and that says a lot.  

Too bad Savanah didn't go... Meri sure picks and chooses the kids she will taint with her presence!

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

As a 60+ year old, Meri looks to be at least that old.  Probably the worst picture I've ever seen of her, and that says a lot.  

Too bad Savanah didn't go... Meri sure picks and chooses the kids she will taint with her presence!

Even with the Instagram filter...

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm over 66 and while agree that photo of Meri is not flattering, I don't think she looks to be over 60! More like mid-50's, which is still a 5+ years over her actual age. The girl in the background doesn't look happy--is that Ysabel, or possibly Truely?

As for the Meri hate--who knows why Savannah's not in the photo? Did she go on this trip? Was she asked but chose not to go? Was she there but didn't want to be in the photo? I know many here hate Meri with a passion, but it may be that the Brown kids don't all share your feelings and some may actually enjoy spending some time with Meri.

• Love 6
(edited)

Looks like all the kids were there...

2E3ADB78-3F19-4F33-9E44-2767C4E2A04F.thumb.jpeg.2dfc917df752d01aaaa0b6cd9112de43.jpeg

It appeared on the show that Meri seemed to favour and have more to do with certain kids, Ysabel and Breanna were always in her corner from memory (that time on the show that they both ‘moved in’ to Meri’s rental and Christine commented Ysabel loves Meri and she should have been hers. Then there was Meris role in ‘the adoption’ (*cough* Robyn’s desire to be legal wife• cough* ) and Robyn’s kids were all taught to idolise Meri for her ‘selfless sacrifice’. Meri also used Breanna as a wedge between her and Mariah on a trip to Utah during the catfish anger and mentioned she’d taken her alone before (to be fair Breanna was the consolation prize that time, after Meri raged and slammed doors about being denied king Solomon on the trip by Robyn).

The older kids have grown up watching Meri (and Mariah) taking the lions share of family funds and living the fine life while they struggled to be heard for basic needs, (Kody pretty much said as much one episode, that Mariah never came to ask for things). That would be the perfect ground for some pretty resentful fillings to grow. 

Anyway I would say that Ysabel & Robyn’s kids probably have some bond with Meri I’m not sure about the rest. IMO It’s pretty telling that both Aspyn and Maddie picked crowded other homes to move back to as adults, rather than the 5 bedroom empty wetbar mansion next door...

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Spellingk
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

2E3ADB78-3F19-4F33-9E44-2767C4E2A04F.thumb.jpeg.2dfc917df752d01aaaa0b6cd9112de43.jpeg

It appeared on the show that Meri seemed to favour and have more to do with certain kids, Ysabel and Breanna were always in her corner from memory (that time on the show that they both ‘moved in’ to Meri’s rental and Christine commented Ysabel loves Meri and she should have been hers. Then there was Meris role in ‘the adoption’ (*cough* Robyn’s desire to be legal wife• cough* ) and Robyn’s kids were all taught to idolise Meri for her ‘selfless sacrifice’. Meri also used Breanna as a wedge between her and Mariah on a trip to Utah during the catfish anger and mentioned she’d taken her alone before (to be fair Breanna was the consolation prize that time, after Meri raged and slammed doors about being denied king Solomon on the trip by Robyn).

The older kids have grown up watching Meri (and Mariah) taking the lions share of family funds and living the fine life while they struggled to be heard for basic needs, (Kody pretty much said as much one episode, that Mariah never came to ask for things). That would be the perfect ground for some pretty resentful fillings to grow. 

Anyway I would say that Ysabel & Robyn’s kids probably have some bond with Meri I’m not sure about the rest. IMO It’s pretty telling that both Aspyn and Maddie picked crowded other homes to move back to as adults, rather than the 5 bedroom empty wetbar mansion next door...

Jeez.  Don't pay your property taxes but spend over $2K just for entrance to the park for 20 people ($100/day for age 10+, may be a bit less at $97/day or up to $117/day depending on the day).  That doesn't take into account the food.  I am pretty frugal and it cost over $30 for lunch for me and my cousin to have lunch in the park.  Then to buy Disney stuff?  They are dumb AF.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

That's pretty much how I remember it, too.  

Add me to the list that doesn't get why Meri is so attached to Disneyland.  To me, just having it tainted by Sam/Jackie would make me not want to return, at least for a long while.  And this family seems to go several times a year.  I agree @Natalie68, it seems really dumb.  Let bills go unpaid and be on vacation at the drop of a hat?  I can't relate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I love both Disney parks.  We go to one or the other every four or five years.  More than that would be overkill for us.  Clearly Meri feels otherwise. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Disney has some kind of special deal with the Brown's that enables them to get into the parks for free, or at a greatly reduced entry fee, in exchange for posting pictures on social media.  It would be inexpensive advertising for Disney, and would help explain how they can afford to take so many to the park.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I love both Disney parks.  We go to one or the other every four or five years.  More than that would be overkill for us.  Clearly Meri feels otherwise. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Disney has some kind of special deal with the Brown's that enables them to get into the parks for free, or at a greatly reduced entry fee, in exchange for posting pictures on social media.  It would be inexpensive advertising for Disney, and would help explain how they can afford to take so many to the park.

Why would Disney need to give the Browns perks? They don't need the publicity. I think they're just running up their credit cards, it's their modus operandi.

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Disney has some kind of special deal with the Brown's that enables them to get into the parks for free, or at a greatly reduced entry fee, in exchange for posting pictures on social media.

I would seriously doubt that.  Disney certainly doesn't need any advertising let alone from Z list reality polygamists.  Doesn't quite fit the lily white persona of their parks.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I love Disney too and wish I could go more often. But there is no way they get perks like that.  They have so many A+ list stars that go to Disney on the regular - the Brown Clowns and children are nothing to them.

Also, Disney raises their prices in part to keep people from coming to the parks due to overcrowding.  They do not need any shilling on social media to attract parkgoers. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Jeez.  Don't pay your property taxes but spend over $2K just for entrance to the park for 20 people ($100/day for age 10+, may be a bit less at $97/day or up to $117/day depending on the day).  That doesn't take into account the food.  I am pretty frugal and it cost over $30 for lunch for me and my cousin to have lunch in the park.  Then to buy Disney stuff?  They are dumb AF.

Agree.  Unless they dropped $600 per person for a flex season pass.  You are correct, it doesn't cover food, gas or a hotel.  Wonder if Robyn decided to stay home with her littles and Dayton?  No way would I drag small children to an amusement park.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  Unless they dropped $600 per person for a flex season pass.  You are correct, it doesn't cover food, gas or a hotel.  Wonder if Robyn decided to stay home with her littles and Dayton?  No way would I drag small children to an amusement park.

Maybe Robyn doesnt care for Disney and chooses not to spend her allowance or whatever for her kids to go. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

This--I agree with you! How can this family be so spendy when they aren't keeping up with their financial responsibilities? Seems like all they do is go on vacations! Maybe I'm just jealous because I'm still working past retirement age because I can't afford to retire and definitely can't afford any spendy vacays!

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, kimaken said:

This--I agree with you! How can this family be so spendy when they aren't keeping up with their financial responsibilities? Seems like all they do is go on vacations! Maybe I'm just jealous because I'm still working past retirement age because I can't afford to retire and definitely can't afford any spendy vacays!

I feel your pain.  Our last plane excursion was 7 years ago, for our daughter's weddingk.  Road trips are getting too pricey, as well.  Now they're at the beach, and I'm more than a little jealous.  

Bankruptcies, anyone?  Gawd.  These people.

• Love 6

Point of order.  The picture of all of them in front of Hogsmeade is part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios.

They may have season passes to Disneyland (which would get them cheaper entry there), but this is the first time I've seen them at Universal.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Table for one here: I detest Disney. Many years ago we took our 4 kids to Disneyworld and by early afternoon our kids were ready to leave- we were SO proud !! 

Meri looks pretty haggard for her age. Too much sun, harsh makeup and hair products, but mostly a life full of heartache. Hard times wil do that. ( so will NO sex 😉). 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Table for one here: I detest Disney. Many years ago we took our 4 kids to Disneyworld and by early afternoon our kids were ready to leave- we were SO proud !! 

Taking my response to Small Talk.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Meri looks pretty haggard for her age. Too much sun, harsh makeup and hair products, but mostly a life full of heartache. Hard times wil do that. ( so will NO sex 😉). 

I've been to Disneyland twice.  Once, when I was two, and obviously don't remember.  Twice, when my daughter was 6ish, in the late 80's.  When said daughter lived in LA for two years as an adult,  she went a few times.  We visited them, and wanted to do other stuff (Venice Beach, Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, etc.) so we gladly skipped Disneyland.

Yes, I do believe that polygamist lifestyle is very aging for the women.  All that stress and competition, I just couldn't.  Meri and Robyn aren't aging well as it is.  Christine is very wrinkled for 40 something, too, IMO.  Not fat shaming here (I weighed nearly 250 6 years ago) but my sort-of-overweight neighbor told me, "Fat Don't Crack."  Janelle seems to have fewer wrinkles than the others.  I know when I lost weight, my face did look older.  It's a tradeoff (at least it was for me.)

• Love 7
On 6/5/2019 at 11:40 AM, Juliegirlj said:

To me it's the harsh eyeliner she uses and how she uses it. It reminds me of women who grew up in the 80s and never let go of the hair or makeup trend (you know the ones--big hurricane-proof teased bangs, fried yellow hair and gobs of eyeliner). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

OMG, I grew up in the 80s and this made me laugh so hard - hurricane proof bangs - hilarious! 🤪

I do miss the Maybelline pink and light blue eyeshadow combo, along with blue mascara. 🙂

But spot-on regarding Meri - at some point less is more, especially around the eyes.  And I have never understood how she kept all that goop on her face in the heat of Vegas.  If I tried that, it would literally slide right off in about 2 minutes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I do miss the Maybelline pink and light blue eyeshadow combo, along with blue mascara. 🙂

But spot-on regarding Meri - at some point less is more, especially around the eyes.  And I have never understood how she kept all that goop on her face in the heat of Vegas.  If I tried that, it would literally slide right off in about 2 minutes.

That's probably why she often looked orange and shiny - humidity can contribute to makeup oxidation, especially if you have oily skin. 

And oh, how I loved blue mascara! Back in the day, Lancome made a gorgeous shade of lavender eye shadow. I would use that on my lids, pink in the crease, line my eyes with black Maybelline eye liner (the red pencil, melting the tip with my cigarette lighter, of course!) and either blue or black mascara (Great Lash, or Lancome Definicils if I was flush). Now when I see pictures of myself from back then I crack up. I don't even mind the eye makeup so much, but the blush? Oy, what were we thinking?! 😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That's probably why she often looked orange and shiny - humidity can contribute to makeup oxidation, especially if you have oily skin. 

And oh, how I loved blue mascara! Back in the day, Lancome made a gorgeous shade of lavender eye shadow. I would use that on my lids, pink in the crease, line my eyes with black Maybelline eye liner (the red pencil, melting the tip with my cigarette lighter, of course!) and either blue or black mascara (Great Lash, or Lancome Definicils if I was flush). Now when I see pictures of myself from back then I crack up. I don't even mind the eye makeup so much, but the blush? Oy, what were we thinking?! 😄

Love it, back in the day I would buy Loreal electric blue liquid eyeliner and then get the "matching" eyeshadow" trio. I thought I was hot shit because I was going for that 80's London Bananarama look... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Love it, back in the day I would buy Loreal electric blue liquid eyeliner and then get the "matching" eyeshadow" trio. I thought I was hot shit because I was going for that 80's London Bananarama look... 

Omg, Bananarama! Now I have "Cruel Summer" in my head and I'm picturing the video of them dancing around in their painter overalls! ❤️ ❤️

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

The fake tan and three shades darker than necessary foundation she slaps on with a garden trowel, accounts for a fair bit of that unnatural orange appearance (unless she secretly eats carrots by the bucket load). 

So agree with you all, on the stuck in her ways 80’s look she has going on 😆 Laughing out loud at your comments. Here’s the heyday hair inspiration she can’t quite let go of -

337FA092-85C4-4843-80D6-46ACEBD761D2.jpeg.a298f53e6a96565236ddea4e4d4cf7fb.jpeg

Then you see her in all her puffed sleeve glory for her wedding pic and just you know she was a massive victim of the era. (I think she actually got married in 92? so a decade after she was still rocking the worst trends though!) Old habits die hard 😆 

8A7EE776-45EE-43C8-B827-E5763F69BFC9.jpeg.e335957c80ad35ebf160a777be70d56f.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So, who thinks they know what the “rarity” in the picture is?

Sneakers!  Not white, so I guess it's not a subliminal message of support to Mariah.  I will say that they are a vast improvement over the scuffed, dirty, clodhoppers she is normally wearing.

Edit to add:- Just noticed the hashtag #RandomWallInChicago.  Considering this Instagram was published today and she was at Disney last week, the girl sure gets around.

Edited by Sandy W
second thought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5