Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

OH EMM GEEEEEEE. This was the most faked episode of SYTTD yet, and that's saying a LOT.

If Empire State Building Bride expects anyone to believe that she just HAPPENED to walk in off the street on a Sunday with no appointment, buy a dress that was miraculously altered in two days (did I mention the time consuming train shortening and neckline issues? Of course Pnina was in the alterations room cracking the whip on Vera and her staff, if she wasn't sewing the dress herself,) and damn, it's a good thing that Randy is now qualified to marry people, isn't it? The sheer number of coinki-dinks in five minutes of airtime made me freaking dizzy. I'd also loooove to know how far in advance one has to book a wedding on the top floor of the Empire State Building (not to mention the presto-reception seconds later) but I'm guessing I just didn't understand the "magic" of love and significant product placement.

Considering she had a camera crew with her in the limo on the way to Kleinfeld's, it wasn't even close to being believable.  Then, it just 'happens' that a consultant is available, the owner is there, Randy is on hand and Pnina just happens to be in the back room?  Sure, that's totally believable.  Then, she not only gets a dress, but it comes complete with extensive alterations in 2 days for a third of the retail price?  And her stupid vow renewal is attended by virtually the entire staff at Kleinfeld's. Puh-leeze!!  I don't know who this gal was, but I expect she'll be having her own reality show soon and this was her pilot.  It was probably the most ridiculously contrived situation yet on the show.

Also, what was up with every single person commenting on how the 'bride' was sample size and isn't that incredible since she has kids?  The owner's comment that her figure was the reason her marriage has lasted 10 years (is that really such a big deal?  I know dozens of people married far longer) was downright offensive, IMO.  She certainly has a nice figure, but it's not exactly a miracle nor the secret to a happy marriage.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I always assume that a vow renewal is to celebrate a reconciliation after a particularly outrageous cheating spell.

We had a very small wedding.  We had a vow renewal at 25 years, and another at 50.  We're planning on doing it again for our 75th.  No cheating - we're just celebrating.

• Love 10

The owner's comment that her figure was the reason her marriage has lasted 10 years (is that really such a big deal?  I know dozens of people married far longer) was downright offensive, IMO. 

Shallow much?  That's disgusting.  It perpetuates the whole dumb blond view that men love - stupid but pretty, back to the 50's.

• Love 6

I just watched the whole polygamist episode- my computer kept glitching out. Jennifer doesn't seem to be a Rhodes scholar, and I think she was a lot more interested in grabbing the chance to be princess for a day than in being "married" to those people. Wife #1 definitely look off.  I hope Jennifer doesn't wind up chained to a radiator in the basement.

Romper wedding dress is still absurd but at least this one wasn't spilling out of it. She definitely was only looking for her 5 minutes.

Ice bride- meh, boring

and Shay STILL hasn't picked a dress on his own.

• Love 3

The real stars of last night's show were the huge sweat stains on Shay's armpits when he was wearing that gray T-shirt.  When he had his arms up, carrying two wedding dresses for Queen and showing them to Randy, their rich, dark contrast with the light jersey fabric was a sight to behold.  After that, I had to be satisfied with little peek-a-boos of the stains when his arms were down.  Adorbs!  I wonder what intriguing, salty aroma he left behind in the dressing room, and in his wake everywhere he walked.  I was disappointed later when he was shown with a shirt and a sweater on top, and I was deprived of the privilege of checking the sweat situation. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Considering she had a camera crew with her in the limo on the way to Kleinfeld's, it wasn't even close to being believable.  Then, it just 'happens' that a consultant is available, the owner is there, Randy is on hand and Pnina just happens to be in the back room?  Sure, that's totally believable. 

Oh and the TLC crew just happened to be there filming. Saturday Night Live is less scripted than this episode. Also, this renewal bride flew in from another state to remarry in NYC. Who flies in to get married - without a dress - and doesn't think to make an appt at the bridal salon you always dreamed of getting a dress from 2 days from the big day? This didn't cross her mind while sitting at the airport at least? Calling ahead just makes too much damn sense I guess.

I truly  expect the next 'totally unscripted' bride to come in and say she is getting married in 2 hours and needs something now, now, now! Or better yet, she got married yesterday and needs to get in the Kleinfeld's time machine and go back in time and get the dress of her dreams. They really need to stop with this shit.

Queen was indeed beautiful!

I think in honor of his Olympian bride Shay must have been doing sprints in the stock room. Nothing explains his overly casual attire and failure to adhere to the Kleinfeld dress code. Why does he continue to throw shade at Randy? 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

Ice bride- meh, boring

I liked her the most. Even though they'd chosen an unusual spot for their wedding, they seemed like a normal couple. Additionally, her mother was actually concerned for her and her feelings when she wasn't coming out of the dressing room. She's the kind of bride I'd like to see more of, rather than the famewhores. 

Romper wedding dress is still absurd but at least this one wasn't spilling out of it. She definitely was only looking for her 5 minutes.

Did Kleinfeld sign some sort of contract with whoever made it, agreeing to feature it in X number of shows? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Ms Trending Now watches her episode and realizes that she was the second person to be wearing that dress on-air.

I just watched the whole polygamist episode- my computer kept glitching out. Jennifer doesn't seem to be a Rhodes scholar, and I think she was a lot more interested in grabbing the chance to be princess for a day than in being "married" to those people. Wife #1 definitely look off.  I hope Jennifer doesn't wind up chained to a radiator in the basement.

Even if I were looking for a sugar daddy on Seeking Arrangements, as she acknowledged on the show, I think I'd be running the other way when the daddy  told me he wanted to marry me on our first date. I just hope she stays in contact with the two friends she brought with her so they can rescue her if necessary. 

And on a totally unrelated note, there's one scene of her in the dressing room where she's putting on lipstick. I can't believe a consultant would allow her to do that. It's way too easy to smear it on a dress. But I can't believe they step into expensive dresses wearing heels, either. 

and Shay STILL hasn't picked a dress on his own.

I'm convinced that, as someone said upthread, that he's not a consultant. He's just some guy brought in for the show. I read somewhere that Randy doesn't work for Kleinfeld any more, since he can now make much more money on his own as a consultant. Maybe the show hired Shay when they thought Randy wouldn't be coming back at all. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

doesn't think to make an appt at the bridal salon you always dreamed of getting a dress from 2 days from the big day? This didn't cross her mind while sitting at the airport at least? Calling ahead just makes too much damn sense I guess.

Oh, but apparently she tried and tried, but couldn't get through (I was on Benadryl when I watched it so maybe I misheard her?).  If that's the case, why wouldn't she start with that?  "I know I'm taking a risk here, but I tried a few times to call for an appointment and couldn't get through and was wondering......"  Even the script writer dropped the ball on this one. 

• Love 2

According to TLC's Facebook, she won a contest.   And her kid's on there, arguing with anyone who makes a negative comment about her mom.  

Let me start by saying of course I know that Empire State "bride" was fakety-fake.  However, as someone who works in a front-line position, nothing, absolutely NOTHING irks me more than entitled people who don't plan ahead and think that rules don't apply to them.  The real star of this episode was the receptionist who treated this "bride" with much more grace than she deserved.  I kept waiting for the sob story and wondering why Kleinfeld rolled out the red carpet for this nitwit "bride" who didn't even book an appointment when her "dream" was to get a dress from this store for her non-wedding.

Kleinfeld has just opened themselves up to a lot more women walking in off the street, without an appointment, and expecting the royal treatment.  Please, give your receptionists a raise!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, lizzie3 said:

Kleinfeld has just opened themselves up to a lot more women walking in off the street, without an appointment, and expecting the royal treatment.  Please, give your receptionists a raise!

Let's see Kleinfeld's roll out the red carpet for someone who isn't photogenic, wealthy, famous and truly deserving of a special favor. It would also be nice to see Kleinfeld's give the princess treatment to a customer who treated the staff and consultants with good manners and didn't march in the door demanding it all. A little nice goes a long way.

The truly deserving brides on SYTTD and SYTTD Atlanta could be counted on the fingers of one hand. I'm remembering the woman with CP who emigrated from Russia; anyone would want to be her friend and be happy for her. The woman with lung cancer who has since died and the woman whose fiance had ALS and she was marrying him anyway on SYTTD Atlanta. I don't mind telling the world I was sobbing by the time those episodes were over. It all doesn't have to be a tearfest, but TLC, could we have an episode once in a while that features a bride we could all be happy for?

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Let's see Kleinfeld's roll out the red carpet for someone who isn't photogenic, wealthy, famous and truly deserving of a special favor. It would also be nice to see Kleinfeld's give the princess treatment to a customer who treated the staff and consultants with good manners and didn't march in the door demanding it all. A little nice goes a long way.

The truly deserving brides on SYTTD and SYTTD Atlanta could be counted on the fingers of one hand. I'm remembering the woman with CP who emigrated from Russia; anyone would want to be her friend and be happy for her. The woman with lung cancer who has since died and the woman whose fiance had ALS and she was marrying him anyway on SYTTD Atlanta. I don't mind telling the world I was sobbing by the time those episodes were over. It all doesn't have to be a tearfest, but TLC, could we have an episode once in a while that features a bride we could all be happy for?

I wish I could like is a million times. I haven't even watched this episode yet, and will watch just to see Shay's sweaty pits, but this franchise has really gotten full of itself. i would rather watch the UK version. Wonder what happened to that?

• Love 4

Unless all the sweaty Shay episodes were filmed on the same day, I can't figure out why he didn't change his wardrobe after Day 1. He could have at least put on a darker top so the stains wouldn't show as much.

(Here in Florida, we had a governor who frequently appeared in plaid shirts because he had figured out, without an education in or a life dedicated to fashion, that they didn't show pit stains as much as solid colored one did. Shay should be able to think of some fix, even if it's dress shields.)

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, rur said:

Unless all the sweaty Shay episodes were filmed on the same day, I can't figure out why he didn't change his wardrobe after Day 1. He could have at least put on a darker top so the stains wouldn't show as much.

It's like he's sweating tar.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

The woman with lung cancer who has since died and the woman whose fiance had ALS and she was marrying him anyway on SYTTD Atlanta.

The woman with lung cancer was on this morning again; the follow up with her marrying. I didn't realize she has since passed away; how sad. I'm glad she got that chance to be on the show.

I do remember the other as well; very touching stories. We definitely need more of that; it's such garbage lately. There have to be many deserving people like them who would give the show (& the business) some substance.

I can't imagine why they have to push the crap envelope for ratings now. The show is probably going down.

• Love 3

I just wanted to point out that, like mentioned in the episode, getting married at the Empire State Building is the prize in a contest so that alone doesn't make them rich or meant they had a lot of time to plan.  The couples were announced here only 4 days before the ceremony. So really they might not have had a lot of time. As a side note though... do you notice anything really odd about the timing of the ceremonies?  imo what probably happened was syttd knew about that contest and picked that couple for whatever reason. 

This episode REALLY got on my nerves!!  If they did do all this cos they wanted Randy  officiating a wedding on top the ESB then they should have made it part of a prize in the contest. Also they should have made it clear why this bride deserved it. According to contest rules the winners win because they have a unique story... well?  This bride got picked not once but twice? Why?? What's her story? If they had at least a half a reason why she was deserving of all that special treatment I wouldn't have been bothered as much. 

• Love 4

I always pause for the mannequins.

Me too!  I'd love to just wander around Kleinfelds to look at all of the beautiful, and sometimes bizarre dresses!  I'm not a fan of the ones with all of the cutouts.  YMMV.   Last night's episode was a little too long on the backstory.  As many others have said, I'm in it for the dresses, with just a hint of details! 

• Love 2

Does the show have new producers? It is really terrible and fake this season. Disappointing! I miss the "old" show. Way to much Pnina around as well. And Shay is awful. I'm losing interest fast which is too bad.

• Love 3

Just watched the episode and I don't have much more to add that hasn't already been said. I am tired of brides coming in who don't have a wedding date or venue, try on dresses and then leave. Queen was gorgeous but what a waste. And the fake setup of Empire Renewal lady was laughable from beginning to end. And why even bother with the alteration of adding two tiny strips which did nothing to reduce the amount of cleavage in my face. Thanks to an earlier poster, I visited SYTTD's FB page and it seems the overwhelming majority of posters are sick of Shay, the fakeness and the show in general. Renewal bride's daughter and cousin were defensive on FB but I don't know what they expect. For me, watching this show just for snark value is getting old. The satisfying, happy feeling I used to get was not there at all this season. 

• Love 4

It all doesn't have to be a tearfest, but TLC, could we have an episode once in a while that features a bride we could all be happy for?

Precisely why I no longer watch.  They are either Special Snowflakes that feel they are owed the world or skanky stripper types with fake everything and gowns that show it all.  Disgusting.

There was one more bride that was among my favorites.  Her mom was in the military (I think from Canada) and it was just the two of them.  The bride kept insisting on a less expensive dress.  She was gorgeous and she and her mom were so close and kind to each other.  Not seen these days.  Too much fake drama for the sake of who knows what.  I was done a couple of years ago - and I don't miss it a bit from what I am ready here!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Am I the only that noticed his drenched armpits?

Goodness gracious NO! About 95% of the folks on FB mentioned it and I would have noticed it if I had not already read the comments here. Gross! How could you miss it? 

• Love 2

Sadly, i did not notice the sweaty pits on Shay, but I did notice that Empire State bride had hairy pits when she lifted her arms in celebration of having chosen a dress. I must admit, her body looked stunning in the dress. Her face, tho.

As someone mentioned above, i do think designers sign contracts with Kleinfelds in order to have their dresses featured on the show. The romper dress! And was that Omarosa's cherry blossom dress being shown to Queen? 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, Missy Vixen said:

<snip> If Empire State Building Bride expects anyone to believe that she just HAPPENED to walk in off the street on a Sunday with no appointment, buy a dress that was miraculously altered in two days (did I mention the time consuming train shortening and neckline issues? Of course Pnina was in the alterations room cracking the whip on Vera and her staff, if she wasn't sewing the dress herself,) and damn, it's a good thing that Randy is now qualified to marry people, isn't it? The sheer number of coinki-dinks in five minutes of airtime made me freaking dizzy. I'd also loooove to know how far in advance one has to book a wedding on the top floor of the Empire State Building (not to mention the presto-reception seconds later) but I'm guessing I just didn't understand the "magic" of love and significant product placement. <snip>

As someone else mentioned upthread, the Emily and Ken Evans were one of 14 couples chosen to get married (or renew their vows) in an annual contest run by the Empire State Building. The won 10 years ago for their first wedding, and won again when they applied for their vow renewal ceremony this year.

http://www.esbnyc.com/sites/default/files/valentines_day_winners_press_release_final_0.pdf

However, in the press release linked to above, it says:

"Emily Evans has been given the opportunity to "Say Yes to the Dress" at Kleinfeld Bridal.  Emily and Ken's ceremony will be featured on an episode of TLC"s "Say Yes to the Dress." So it appears the tie-in with SYTTD was arranged sometime after Emily & Ken were notified they had won

Also, I found the official rules for the contest, which states winners were to be notified on or around January 16, 2017 (so the SYTTD appearance was set up after January 16th, but NOT 2 days before the ceremony):

https://wyng.com/Contest.psp?c=817767&u=1190178&a=340493986057345&p=153817204635459&rest=0&v=Rules

I also found the Evans' entry essay for the contest:

"On June 9, 2006, my boyfriend, Ken Evans, took me on a trip to New York City from West Palm Beach, Florida. The first stop of our trip was the Empire State Building. Ken purchased the express pass as well as tickets to the 102nd floor observatory. Before I knew it, we were on top of the world looking down at the most beautiful city in the world. In minutes, Ken was on one knee asking me to marry him. Ken captured my heart in the heart of The Big Apple! That is when my love for the Empire State building began and our love story continued. After our engagement trip to NYC, my thirst for knowledge of the building began. I wanted to get all the facts and read about the building’s history, so naturally I went to ESBNYC.com. While exploring this wonderful site, I noticed a section about ESB’s Valentine’s Day Weddings. I knew at that moment I had to share our love story for a chance to have a sky high wedding at the world’s most romantic and legendary landmark. On my birthday, January 8th, 2007 we were notified via email that we were selected to participate in ESB’s Valentine’s Wedding event on Wednesday, February 14, 2007! Our fairy tale wedding couldn’t have been more memorable and stylish. At that time, Ken was a single father raising his two children, Haley and Austin. Together the four of us married atop the Empire State building. We celebrated our new life together in the most amazing city in the world. Our honeymoon included our kids ( we wouldn’t have had it any other way). Three years later we had the blessing of another child, Mikayla. February 14, 2017 we will celebrate our 10th anniversary. Our first anniversary we took a trip to NYC and of course visited our beloved Empire State Building. We couldn’t think of a more romantic and meaningful place to renew our vows on this special 10th anniversary, and would love to be chosen. We would also love to have a dream honeymoon in the Dominican Republic without children this time! I am a devoted lover of all things Empire State building, faithfully following the ESB on social media and frequently sharing the changing colors of the building as it recognizes various occasions and organizations. I love to share these posts on Facebook with friends and family. Thank you for considering us to renew our vows atop the most romantic, iconic and legendary landmark in the world."

https://wyng.com/FacebookContestEntry.psp?c=817767&u=1190178&a=340493986057345&p=153817204635459&rest=0&offset=0&search=Evans&sortby=recently_added&access_token=null&id=6960778&rest2=0

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:33 PM, camom said:

Why did everyone keep saying that Randy became a minister?  He said he got his license to perform marriages, that doesn't make him a minister. <snip>

Here are the requirements for licensure to perform weddings in NY state:

"Generally, the following people may register:
Clergy members or ministers of any religion;
Leaders of the Society of Ethical Culture;
The Mayor or any former Mayor of the City of New York;
Federal, state, or local judges or justices, elected or appointed in the State of New York, who are currently serving or retired;
The Clerk of the Appellate Division of the First or Second Department; and
The County Clerk of any of the five counties in the City of New York."

http://www.cityclerk.nyc.gov/html/marriage/officiant_reg.shtml

The only category that would qualify an average citizen for licensure/registration are members of the clergy. One can become an ordained minister online. Randy said he had become licensed the week prior to the Empire State Building wedding.

18 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Oh and the TLC crew just happened to be there filming. Saturday Night Live is less scripted than this episode. Also, this renewal bride flew in from another state to remarry in NYC. Who flies in to get married - without a dress - and doesn't think to make an appt at the bridal salon you always dreamed of getting a dress from 2 days from the big day? This didn't cross her mind while sitting at the airport at least? Calling ahead just makes too much damn sense I guess. <snip>

She did have a dress. She said she had brought a dress with her (and they showed a photo of it during the episode), but that she wasn't that fond of it and that she had always wanted to be a Kleinfeld bride, so she thought she'd stop in to see if it might be possible for her to buy a gown at Kleinfeld. She also said she would wear the gown she brought with her if there were no other choice. Although I think that was BS, due to the above timeline.

• Love 3
On 2017-05-14 at 0:13 PM, islandgal140 said:

I truly  expect the next 'totally unscripted' bride to come in and say she is getting married in 2 hours and needs something now, now, now! Or better yet, she got married yesterday and needs to get in the Kleinfeld's time machine and go back in time and get the dress of her dreams. They really need to stop with this shit.

My thoughts exactly! Now I need some to come and need a gown in a matter of hours!

And why was ESBB so fixated on Kleinfelds for her dress?  She already had one that she didn't like. OK.  But she could have gone into any boutique or department store, or dare I say, Davids Bridal, and gotten a great dress for her budget - cash and carry.

• Love 1
On 5/14/2017 at 8:48 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

I always assume that a vow renewal is to celebrate a reconciliation after a particularly outrageous cheating spell.

Or you're a Real Housewife of x city and you're renewing your vows publicly on TV to show the mistress that you are the official one. Not pointing fingers at anyone in NYC, OC, NJ, etc...

• Love 5

Thank you, everyone, for enlightening me with your posts!  I now know that I can easily delete this episode from my DVR and save one hour of my life.  So thank you for taking one for the team.  As much as I've loved this show over the years, it is now extremely evident to me that I just cannot continue.  SYTTD has been on my DVR recording new episodes ever since the very first season.  Sad to have to delete; it was once what SpunkyGal mentioned upthread, the "satisfying, happy feeling I used to get" is no longer there.

• Love 2
(edited)

Legal wife in the polygamy plot - "I'm smiling as hard as I can."

That whole dynamic is a Snapped episode in the making. The only questions are who, when and how. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 5

Here are the requirements for licensure to perform weddings in NY state:

It doesn't matter. Randy was not performing a wedding.  They were just as married when they arrived as when they left. No legal change in status occurred, no legal requirements to be met.  

Randy was the Ministainer.  There's no one better, there's no one greater.  

• Love 1

My random thoughts:

Not as harsh on Empire State bride as some are.  She entered a contest and won it.  It seems like they may give precedence to those that have a "connection" to the ESB since there was another couple who also had proposal at ESB/marriage at ESB/there for vow renewal.

They probably had Kleinfeld's choose from those selected (or who wanted a free dress) and they chose her.  She clearly had another dress that she had bought and I got the idea that she didn't really care about the officiant.

That said, she agreed to be on TV and to take part in this charade which makes her look selfish and demanding.  I don't know why they couldn't just say that she won the contest and they were finding her a dress.  It wasn't like the story was believable at all.  Funny how they were totally booked one minute yet a consultant just happened to be free the next.

I don't usually notice what people wear (except for the dresses, of course) but Shay really overdid it this time.  I thought that the consultants always dressed in black to blend into the background.  It's pretty clear that Shay is not a normal consultant.

Shay and Pnina were acting like bitchy mean girls.  Meanwhile, Pnina has had some really unfortunate plastic surgery.  She used to be attractive but she looks like she had a bad face lift and definitely bad lip enhancements. 

I have no doubt that they had Randy get certified to perform ceremonies solely to film them.  I wonder how many brides turned him down before this one agreed to at least the vow renewal?  While do I suspect that they would have liked him to officiate at New Orleans' bride's wedding and either she turned him down or that was the impetus for him to get certified.

Meanwhile, speaking of plastic surgery, I would definitely pay to have ES bride's figure.  Her breasts were gorgeous (and appeared actually real which means they probably couldn't be created surgically).  It's a shame she didn't cover them up, though. I thought the amount of cleavage in the "fixed" dress was still tacky.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2017 at 7:16 PM, tawny411 said:

So Empire State Building Bride (ESBB),walks in off the street with no appointment, and sure got a lot of major attention. Didn't she say her budget was $2000? I think that dress she got was $6000 and that's without the alterations. And of course Randy just conveniently got his Iicense to officiate weddings. Everyone at Kleinfeld's just has to be  there for the renewal. If I was a bridal customer who bought a gown there and was constrained by budget, I'd be kind of pissed at watching all the special perks that ESBB was getting. #FakityFake

Smug, fakityfake, entitled weaver of romantic stories.  Did not like the bride at all.  AND...Kleinfelds' will be sure the Pnina gives the bride a $6000 gown, plus alterations, plus veil, etc. for her $2000 budget.   And what was with the stepdaughter's "bridesmaid" outfit?  It looked like various Spanx cut in strips and sewn together.  Kleinfeld Original?

P.S.  Where were all the other Empire State Building winners?

imo what probably happened was syttd knew about that contest and picked that couple for whatever reason. 

This couple was clearly chosen because they were celebrating ten years of marriage and Say Yes to the Dress is celebrating ten years on the air.

This whole wedding charade is so tiresome.  I'd rather watch endless runway fashion shows than this overtly ridiculous fake drama crap where probably 90% of the brides are divorced within a couple of years.  No way you can tell me the famewhore drama queens settle down to a happy married life after the cameras stop rolling and their 15 minutes of fame is up.  Especially those whose entire world turns upon the "perfect dress" ( I am SO SICK of that term) and the wedding day (which is 24 hours in their entire lives).  If the wedding is the most important thing in their lives they will never survive heartache, illness, financial problems, snarky in-laws, job issues, or any of the things a real life will throw at them.

• Love 15

Especially those whose entire world turns upon the "perfect dress" ( I am SO SICK of that term)

The one I'm sick of is "Wow Factor."  Yuck.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, roughing it said:

Well, I did it.  I unleashed myself from the suck that SYTTD has become.

Proud of you.  I just couldn't stand thinking about the hour that I'd never get back by watching the drivel.

• Love 2

Does anyone else hate the illusion neckline as much as I do?  I hate how it makes the skin look all pale where the "illusion fabric" is.  The Empire State Bldg bride's dress had it.  I did love everything Queen tried on but it really is silly to look at dresses when you don't know where you're getting married or the venue.  If you are gonna spend $15,000 on a dress it should match the vibe of the location.  I really hope this is the last season of this show or at least the last season of Shay.

• Love 4