Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Channel surfing at 8.  Ran into SYTTD.  Moved on at 8:03 after seeing that over the top, over acting sisters and the Afghan bride wearing a pound of eyeshadow describing herself as a bridezilla.  No thanks. All been done to death.

• Love 4

Oh no, not the "Pnina 4019" for $13,300, again!  I'm glad for Pnina (who is absolutely charming) that so many brides fall in love with this satin and crystal combo, but as a show viewer... enough already!  When the bride said the budget is unlimited and she is willing to fly to Dubai with her entourage if she can't find a dress at Kleifeld's, I was hoping they'd milk her for at least 50K!  13K was a let down.

Looks familiar? sigh.

IMG_3119.JPG

The twin and her sisters were funny and likable but there was way too much of them.  I just want to see the bride try on dresses! 

Shay wasn't as annoying today, they showed him just the right amount and he wasn't fighting with our beloved Randi!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 4

It looks like they're finally making Shay dress more appropriately.  

Oh no, not the "Pnina 4019" for $13,300, again! 

I hate that particular Pnina dress.  It's been around for years and I thought the trend of such large "bling" might be over.  Guess not.

• Love 5

If, as a bride, you have an unlimited budget, surely you can get in touch with some sort of designer, who can create anything you like. If you are rich enough to fly to Dubai to find something, who needs to go to Kleinfeld?

Just been watching a few minutes here and there and am still astounded at how many of the 'brides' can afford such extravagant gowns - or rather, the parents pay.  So many bridezillas. Marriage means a lot more than a nice gown and the star treatment for one day. Find something you can afford in terms of wearing once and only for a few hours. I suspect many of the gowns end up on eBay. And don't bring an entourage. As the bride, it is your choice and *your* money.  Having a half dozen opinions? No thanks. Your friends can buy their own gowns.

• Love 8

I hate that particular Pnina dress.  It's been around for years and I thought the trend of such large "bling" might be over.  Guess not.

I don't think Shay expected her to pick that particular dress.  When he brought it in the room, he said they were going to use it as a base, but then she ended up loving it and didn't try on any of the other ones.  It wasn't exactly what I thought she was going for either.  It looked nice on her, but I thought she'd end up with something a little more form-fitting and blinged out for the reception.  She already had a custom Oscar de la Renta dress for the ceremony, so I was surprised that she didn't have him make a reception dress as well.

I did like the young woman who works in the cancer clinic.  Although her entourage really liked the high-neck (grandma pearls as Randy called them) dress, and she wanted to like it for them, it was nice to see them all rally behind her when she tried on the other illusion neckline dress and could see that she really loved it.  I was also glad to see Randy be totally honest with her about the first dress.  I would want the consultant to tell me the truth and not let me walk down the aisle looking outdated.

The other entourage with all of the sisters had their heart in the right place, but it was a little much with all of the dissenting opinions.  They started pulling dresses that were $13,000-15,000, and when the consultant mentioned that the budget was $6000, they said it was okay.  Their Dad's budget was flexible!   IMO, the definition of flexible would be maybe $500-1000 over budget, not $7000-9000 over budget!  The bride did look beautiful in the dress she ended up with.  I loved the little straps on that one.

• Love 6

I don't dislike that Pnina dress.  In fact, it's one of the very few of hers that I do like, but I'm so bored with it!  I can't believe that they have hundreds of dresses in that store, yet all the brides who come in tend to try on the same ones over and over (with a few different ones, but not many). 

10 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I'm glad for Pnina (who is absolutely charming) that so many brides fall in love with this satin and crystal combo, but as a show viewer... enough already!  When the bride said the budget is unlimited and she is willing to fly to Dubai with her entourage if she can't find a dress at Kleifeld's, I was hoping they'd milk her for at least 50K!  13K was a let down.

She does seem charming, but I thought I could see some disappointment in her eyes when she found out that the extra money she could make by customizing a dress was going to simply come down to nothing more than a couple of sleeves.  I think she and shay were hoping for something with a much bigger price tag.

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I did like the young woman who works in the cancer clinic.  Although her entourage really liked the high-neck (grandma pearls as Randy called them) dress, and she wanted to like it for them, it was nice to see them all rally behind her when she tried on the other illusion neckline dress and could see that she really loved it.  I was also glad to see Randy be totally honest with her about the first dress.  I would want the consultant to tell me the truth and not let me walk down the aisle looking outdated.

She was my favorite.  I would love it if the show focused on more brides and their entourages just like her.  Like @Frozendiva said, don't bring a difficult entourage!  It's your gown, not theirs. 

• Love 5

The best moment of the show was Ameena walking into Kleinfeld's wearing a pink Little Bo Peep dress.  The consultant looks her up and down, and Shay announces that Ameena is fashionable.  Nice save.  You could see the wheels turning in his head "where do we keep the ugliest, craziest dresses that will never sell?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Armenian bride needed to tone down that eye shadow. Although that was an oddly modest Pnina, I agree it was done to death. Even Pnina said do you want to wear something every other bride has worn, although I think her issues were mostly with the price tag. Shay had her worked up for 'no budget'; that had to have been a huge financial letdown for Pnina.

The sisters were overwhelming. I hope she won't regret being so passive & that she doesn't let them control the rest of her life.

The cancer nurse was a wonderful, breath of fresh air, & almost too good to be on this show the way it's been - but they needed someone like her right now with all the crap they've been showing. I liked her dress but I actually preferred the 'mother's pearls' dress Randy ditched; it was more unique & finished looking up top. That's just my opinion. She was happy, looked beautiful, & I really hope they have a long life together as a couple given what they've already been through.

Next week - polygamists - so this week was obviously the palate cleanser.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

If, as a bride, you have an unlimited budget, surely you can get in touch with some sort of designer, who can create anything you like. If you are rich enough to fly to Dubai to find something, who needs to go to Kleinfeld?

She got her wedding gown from Oscar de la Renta but she went to KLEINFELD'S to get her freaking reception gown? Uh, no. With an unlimited budget? Hell to the no! SYTTD is going to have to try harder to sell this type of BS; that woman could have anything money can buy and she chose a tacky out of season design that a hundred thousand brides before her have probably worn -- again, BULLSHIT! Anyone with that type of money would be buying custom-designed couture from a designer those who don't watch reality TV would be aware of. 

My husband hates it when I watch this show. 

In the meantime, I'm only sorry I wasn't a fly on the wall when Shay figured out he was only getting a commission on $13K or so when Ms. UNLIMITED BUDGET was done shopping. LOL The consultants were practically drooling.

• Love 8

Ameena's entourage all looked like they visited the same plastic surgeon for the same fake lips.  And what's with the consultant Michelle and her Valley Girl vocal fry and HER fake lips that are so big that there doesn't seem to be a space between her top lip and her nose?  I don't think I would want a male consultant dressing me, like Shay did with Ameena.  

• Love 8

Next week - polygamists - so this week was obviously the palate cleanser.

I laughed at the preview when the "bride" said "We're a polygamist couple."  Um, I think she needs to look up the definition of "couple."  I am prepared in advance to hate the episode.

• Love 8

Unlimited Budget Bride and her entourage and their 50 pounds of make up including tarantula eyelashes? Ugh. How can they see from under those things? And I so agree with @Missy Vixen..she came to Kleinfelds for her reception dress and got an old style? No freaking way! 

@KLovestoShop, I don't like consultant Michelle and her high maintenance face either. I've deleted several shows this season without watching...has she been on here all this time? Give me our usual consultants who look beautiful and normal and who have worked at Kleinfelds for years. I love them!!! 

Loved the cancer nurse and her groom. I may have shed a tear when she read the note from dad that he was paying for the dress. Thanks, SYTTD, for at least giving me that morsel.

Polygamy group? Why do you need to stoop to that, producers? They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this season's storylines. Please don't become a circus.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, camom said:

It looks like they're finally making Shay dress more appropriately.  

I remember that dress from many episodes, but most specifically from the one with Syndal, the woman marrying a Yankees player.  He didn't stay with the Yankees for too long.  In fact, the obnoxious Yankee wives who pushed her to get that dress were nowhere to be seen at her wedding when they showed it.  

But that was a while ago.  How is that dress still available?  Remember when every other bride had to have the "Sunday Rose" dress?

sunday.jpeg

• Love 4

Ameena, the over-botoxed and filled bride, looked like Whatever Happened to Baby Jane in that monstrosity of a ruffled dress. Also, if they have sooo much money why are they all walking around with tacky (IMO) LV monogrammed bags that are knocked off a million times. Oh, and Shay STILL hasn't picked a dress. 

The sisters were a little too over the top, but not obnoxious, and seemed like a really lovely, close family. Me thinks Michelle with her nose job, lip augmentation (and I would put money on a bet that other areas have been augmented), and newly-blond hair is more interested in a career as a Tee Vee star than as a bridal consultant. With that voice and accent, unless her next gig is on Real Housewives of New Jersey, it's probably not going to happen. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

She got her wedding gown from Oscar de la Renta but she went to KLEINFELD'S to get her freaking reception gown? Uh, no. With an unlimited budget? Hell to the no! SYTTD is going to have to try harder to sell this type of BS; that woman could have anything money can buy and she chose a tacky out of season design that a hundred thousand brides before her have probably worn -- again, BULLSHIT! Anyone with that type of money would be buying custom-designed couture from a designer those who don't watch reality TV would be aware of. 

My husband hates it when I watch this show. 

In the meantime, I'm only sorry I wasn't a fly on the wall when Shay figured out he was only getting a commission on $13K or so when Ms. UNLIMITED BUDGET was done shopping. LOL The consultants were practically drooling.

I catch the show once in a while. Usually I binge-watch some of the marathons. Only saw maybe the last half hour of this one.

Couture houses are suffering a bit lately. Someone coming to them with over $100,000 for a custom gown would certainly be accommodated. I'd probably be dialling up Valentino or Elie Saab or Dior (well, I don't like the hideous wearable line that looks like Joe Boxer). The thing that some of the brides need to think about is that very few guests will really notice what she is wearing - most folks say 'the bride had a nice dress'. That.Is.It. Most guests don't follow fashion and wouldn't know if you spent $300 or $10,000 on your gown. A $13,000 commission? Lucky Shay. Buying - for them - a much-sold gown? Hmmm. No.

The rich do not usually have in-your-face designer logos on their bags, or anywhere else. They may have Vuitton luggage (or AAA knock offs from Hong Kong), but they would not be decked out in logos. Especially ones that are knocked off. They are much more understated. They buy stuff that lasts and is of quality. I am not rich and I certainly would not spend hundreds of dollars or more to advertise a particular designer and that I could afford his/her stuff (well, at last clearance, maybe).

I like the stories about the brides that have overcome life obstacles and challenges and have worked to find real love, and not the typical Bridezilla who will be divorced within 2 years.

10 hours ago, shksabelle said:

Ameena, the over-botoxed and filled bride, looked like Whatever Happened to Baby Jane in that monstrosity of a ruffled dress. Also, if they have sooo much money why are they all walking around with tacky (IMO) LV monogrammed bags that are knocked off a million times. Oh, and Shay STILL hasn't picked a dress. 

The sisters were a little too over the top, but not obnoxious, and seemed like a really lovely, close family. Me thinks Michelle with her nose job, lip augmentation (and I would put money on a bet that other areas have been augmented), and newly-blond hair is more interested in a career as a Tee Vee star than as a bridal consultant. With that voice and accent, unless her next gig is on Real Housewives of New Jersey, it's probably not going to happen. 

OMG, I had the same thought about the Baby Jane Dress, that was awful.  Hard to believe someone so into fashion can wear that with a straight face, I thought maybe she lost a bet or was talked in to wearing it by a low talker/clothing designer (ala Seinfeld).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Hard to believe someone so into fashion...

As soon as they declare that they are "into fashion" you immediately KNOW they aren't!

• Love 6

I think you hit the nail on the head, Vermicious Knid. When Keisha brought her show to Canada, her "very special, trained, talented, stylist and assistant" was my friend's son, an actor. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, Kohola3 said:

the Afghan bride wearing a pound of eyeshadow describing herself as a bridezilla.  

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:12 AM, jacksgirl said:

Afghan eye shadow bride was so annoying.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, gonecrackers said:

Armenian bride needed to tone down that eye shadow.

This is a cultural thing, folks, which began among Muslim women from countries (predominantly Arab countries) in which women were (or still are) veiled in public. If the only part of your body visible in public is your eyes, then that's the only part you can use to show your personality/individualism. Search "Arab eye makeup" or "Arabic eye makeup" on YouTube, and there are hundreds of instructional videos. (Note: Aminah* Khugiani and her family now live in the U.S., but still, this is a part of her native culture). Afghanistan isn't technically an "Arab" country (it's located in south Asia), but it shares a lot of its culture with Arab countries.

While many here may think it's "over the top," remember that we have the freedom to express our personality and individuality with our clothing, jewelry, hair and makeup. For women from cultures that don't have those options available to them, makeup may be the only thing they can use to express themselves.

Continuing that tradition even after relocating to the U.S allows Muslim women to maintain a connection to their native culture.

*This is the correct spelling of Aminah's name, according to her FB page.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Forgot a word!
  • Love 11
(edited)

I've seen many an Arabic woman with well done makeup & they look beautiful. Just like women of all cultures, some women are just not as skillful at makeup application. Many women express themselves with makeup, & eyes are particularly important. But I believe if her makeup were toned down it would enhance her beauty more, rather than the makeup stealing the show. But that's my opinion, & it would be the same of anyone who overdoes the eye makeup. Personally I find it distracting. But I understand your point of eye emphasis; I felt it just could've been done more skillfully.

Btw, if anyone is watching the Northern versions there's a veiled consultant, & her makeup is gorgeous, not overdone, & her face looks beautiful.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3

I think that's it for me with this show.  I'm sick of moronic brides and their 10 person entourages.  I'm sick of Pnina dresses.  If it's not Pnina, then it's the strapless, with jewelled belt, or mermaid, or backless.  I'm sick of some nitwit mother wanting "more bling" (I never want to hear "bling" ever again).  I'm even sick of Randy.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I've seen many an Arabic woman with well done makeup & they look beautiful.

Coming from an area in Michigan with the largest Muslim population in America, trust me, there are some absolutely gorgeous hijab-wearing women who don't apply makeup with a trowel.  Nor do they dress like Little Bo Peep.

And I admit I am finding Randy tiresome as well.  The "hello, Beautiful" is wearing thin since he says it to every single bride.

• Love 7

I'm finding the whole "queen for a day" mentality tiresome too. A wedding is important, naturally. It's a transition from one phase of life to the next - the very definition of a Special Occasion. As such, it deserves all the pomp and reverence of the circumstance.

But it is just one day. Hundreds of other days will eclipse this one. There will be babies and new homes, championships and broken hearts. Sure, you want it to be special, but a wedding is not the finish line. There's no prize for best wedding. The only prize is a great life. So it drives me crazy when these girls try so hard to make a statement. When did it stop being about celebrating a new couple, and start being about the bride's need to be a princess?

I want to slap some of these girls. Do they really need to have a big girl tantrum because a $20K dress is over budget? And the moms are no better! They should be talking these girls down, giving them a little perspective. But no, let's have more sparkles! Because all you need for a happy marriage is to blind the groom with bling!

Of course, look beautiful. But maybe save a little money for life after the honeymoon?

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I'm pretty much convinced now Shay isn't a real consultant and is only hired to play one for the show.

Kind of like Monte on SYTTD Atlanta - he only "works" at Bridals by Lori on taping days.  He's an employee of TLC, not BBL, and he is a hair stylist, not a fashion consultant (although he plays one on TV ;)

• Love 5

There's no prize for best wedding.

Have you not seen "Four Weddings?"  I don't understand that every wedding must have a "theme."  (I understand wanting to have a certain style.)  When I got married, the theme was "wedding."  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The duration of the marriage is inversely proportional to the cost of the nuptials ;)

We spent $2500. We'll be married 24 years in September.

One has to wonder what the most expensive "Kleinfeld Bride" wedding that ended in divorce was.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, camom said:

Have you not seen "Four Weddings?"  I don't understand that every wedding must have a "theme."  (I understand wanting to have a certain style.)  When I got married, the theme was "wedding."  

Ha! I've been saying that for years!! And I used to love Four Weddings! I guess I'm just old, but when I get a wedding invitation, I assume I'm going to a wedding. Not a hoedown, not a monster truck rally, not a haunted castle - a wedding. You'll be throwing parties for the rest of your life, you only get one wedding.

That's pretty great theme.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Not a hoedown, not a monster truck rally, not a haunted castle - a wedding.

Ha!  Great sentence.

Weddings used to be about getting together to share food, family, and fun.  Those were the good old days....

• Love 8

That Armenian bride was all kinds of annoying and mutton dressed up as a lamb, besides.

For a change, I really liked the couple they featured in the wedding at the end--the cancer nurse who had to do CPR on her fiance. More people like this, show.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

That Armenian bride was all kinds of annoying and mutton dressed up as a lamb, besides.

For a change, I really liked the couple they featured in the wedding at the end--the cancer nurse who had to do CPR on her fiance. More people like this, show.

Speaking of the cancer nurse with the fiance who went into cardiac arrest, I found this newspaper article about them.  He had another cardiac episode and they had to perform an ablation on him.  Hopefully that solves any future problems.

http://hackensack.dailyvoice.com/neighbors/dont-miss-maywood-nurse-who-saved-husbands-life-on-say-yes-to-the-dress/709028/

• Love 5
On May 2, 2017 at 0:26 PM, Hockeymom said:

I'm finding the whole "queen for a day" mentality tiresome too. A wedding is important, naturally. It's a transition from one phase of life to the next - the very definition of a Special Occasion. As such, it deserves all the pomp and reverence of the circumstance.

But it is just one day. Hundreds of other days will eclipse this one. There will be babies and new homes, championships and broken hearts. Sure, you want it to be special, but a wedding is not the finish line. There's no prize for best wedding. The only prize is a great life. So it drives me crazy when these girls try so hard to make a statement. When did it stop being about celebrating a new couple, and start being about the bride's need to be a princess?

I want to slap some of these girls. Do they really need to have a big girl tantrum because a $20K dress is over budget? And the moms are no better! They should be talking these girls down, giving them a little perspective. But no, let's have more sparkles! Because all you need for a happy marriage is to blind the groom with bling!

Of course, look beautiful. But maybe save a little money for life after the honeymoon?

Awesome post!

• Love 5
On 5/2/2017 at 0:26 PM, Hockeymom said:

Hockeymom - This post of yours is so terrific it deserves to "go green!"  (x 2!).  Beautifully said.  Thank you!

• Love 5
On 4/29/2017 at 5:45 PM, weightyghost said:

I'm so tired of seeing that Pnina dress the Afghan bride chose. And I hate it every time. It's so basic. 

The bride with all the sisters were very loud and over the top, but were very endearing. 

A thousand times yes.  Perhaps it looks different in person, but on the screen, it is fug.

• Love 4

i just saw the new episode and one woman helped picked out a dress for her husband's new wife. ick. il never understand how someone can share a spouse. 

one womam got married in àm ice castle. i wouldnt go to a wedding where i had to freeze.

• Love 5

The poly couple seemed really strange ( not the bride to be). Most polygamy people do it for religious reasons but they are doing it because the wife has OCD and doesn't want to be touched? Then the bride to be met them on a website? I don't know, the first wife was giving her some strange looks.

• Love 7

The first wife looked insane. She was perpetually grinning like a lunatic and kept saying she was okay with it. I can't imagine that was true, looking at her.

Not wanting to be touched is a strange reason to enter into a polygamous relationship.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Ciarrai said:

Not wanting to be touched is a strange reason to enter into a polygamous relationship.

I got this feeling that she was no longer happy with him, but didn't want to get divorced for whatever personal reasons, so she convinced him to enter into polygamy. 

What was the problem with their consultant?  I know that it must be surprising to meet your first polygamist, but it's not like no one has ever heard of it.  She was acting like she'd never heard of such a thing, then had to ask for help looking for a dress?  She's a bride--the rest of it shouldn't matter when dress shopping.

I really wish they could branch out and show us some different dresses.  I saw three or four in the background, on both people and mannequins, that I really liked. 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

The first wife looked insane. She was perpetually grinning like a lunatic and kept saying she was okay with it. I can't imagine that was true, looking at her.

Not wanting to be touched as a manifestation of OCD is even odder. She looked heavily medicated to me, poor thing.  It seems like the money being invested in a 'wedding' which apparently had no religious or legal significance would be better spent on group counseling, IMO. The whole thing has disaster written all over it. The dress she picked was fine, nothing special.

Wouldn't ya know?  The 'fashionista' who prides herself on being fashion forward didn't know that styles in the stores are months behind the runways.  I wonder where she's been shopping.   And, then, little miss 'I must e unique and wear something no one else has seen' gets put into the stupid bridal romper outfit we've already seen just 2 eppies ago.  That was kinda funny considering Kleinfeld's claims to have over 1500 dresses available.  She did look better in it than Grand Canyon helicopter bride, though.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10
(edited)

I laughed when they showed the shopaholic bride, the one who wanted something that wasn't out yet, the same romper/dress that the Grand Canyon bride wore.  I had a feeling that bride was there for her TV time, not really to find a dress.

Have we ever seen Shay work with a bride and not immediately ask for help?

Polygamous family was just plain weird.  They seemed to be laughing to cover up the tension.  If you develop OCD, you get therapy, medication, whatever and work on the problem.  A normal person doesn't tell her husband to get a second wife.  That is not going to be a happy household.  I have a feeling wife #1 will have almost no contact with hubby.

Edited by camom
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I got this feeling that she was no longer happy with him, but didn't want to get divorced for whatever personal reasons, so she convinced him to enter into polygamy. 

What was the problem with their consultant?  I know that it must be surprising to meet your first polygamist, but it's not like no one has ever heard of it.  She was acting like she'd never heard of such a thing, then had to ask for help looking for a dress?  She's a bride--the rest of it shouldn't matter when dress shopping.

It was pretty clear from her explanation that she has some very significant psychological issues, maybe she needs his health insurance?  I will say that hers was not the typical reason for polygamy and I could see being surprised that someone with non-religious motivations would want a wedding ceremony.  Most people in multi-partner arrangements based on non-religious reasons aren't looking to have a ceremony. I doubt there are many Mormon breakaway sects in NYC, too. However, it was pretty much manufactured drama, IMO.  It makes me wonder what motivated these people to want to be on the show.  There seemed to be some significant pathology there.

• Love 4

I felt bad for wife #1. Something seems way off in that whole situation. Wife #1 seemed heavily medicated as mentioned by doodlebug, husband gave me a creep vibe, and wife #2 definitely thinks of herself as the younger hotter model that husband is trading in wife #1 for, and I bet she's hoping that wife #2 goes away soon after the wedding.  I don't want to sound judgmental about polygamy, as it's none of my business, but I'm being judgmental about this specific case because (1) they put themselves on TV and (2) first wife doesn't actually seem okay with it, despite stating multiple times that she is okay with it and even encouraged it. 

Meanwhile, I noticed that Shay was dressed more professionally (sweater with collared shirt underneath) during his appointment, but then the collared shirt was gone during his interview clips. 

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It was pretty clear from her explanation that she has some very significant psychological issues, maybe she needs his health insurance?  I will say that hers was not the typical reason for polygamy and I could see being surprised that someone with non-religious motivations would want a wedding ceremony.  Most people in multi-partner arrangements based on non-religious reasons aren't looking to have a ceremony. I doubt there are many Mormon breakaway sects in NYC, too. However, it was pretty much manufactured drama, IMO.  It makes me wonder what motivated these people to want to be on the show.  There seemed to be some significant pathology there.

They said they were all Catholic.

FWIW, I fervently hope the husband gets prosecuted for bigamy, if they actually go through with a for real wedding with a license and everything.

I mean, I'm generally a live and let live kinda girl, but the whole situation gave me the whim-whams. Wife #1 looked heavily medicated and very uncomfortable, the husband looked like a pig who had stepped in shit and couldn't believe his good fortune and Wife #2 looked like she couldn't wait to behead Wife #1 to take over the throne. And he doesn't look worth fighting over.

This won't end well. 

Edited by Rosebud1970
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

They said they were all Catholic.

That's what they said, but I guarantee there was no priest involved in whatever 'arrangement' they were planning.  It would've been a very simple Church annulment, for that matter.  Wife #1 said her mental health issues precluded a physical relationship with her husband.  Catholics get annulments for far less than that these days.  If they were really Catholic, they would've gotten a legal divorce, annulled the marriage via the Church (takes less than 6 months, BTW) and then husband could marry wife #2 legally and in the Catholic Church.  No way they were practicing Catholics.

• Love 5