Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: A Judge Decides

• Start Topic

I haven't been watching this shitshow for a while and somehow am getting sucked in again this season. I really wish something else would catch my attention during this time slot . . .

I don't want to bring out any spoilers, but this is the first I've heard of something to do with Meri being catfished. Can someone point me to a place where I can read to catch up on this story line?

WRT Maddie's announcement, does this mean that she has chosen the polygamist lifestyle? Had she been leaning that way before? I thought the only one who openly expressed their interest was Meri's daughter. I thought it seemed a little fishy that no one even knew they were a couple until Maddie announces their engagement!

You can read about it in Meri's thread.  There's a lot to read!!

I wonder if Aurora has developed a crush on Kody?  I feel like he was brought into their lives at the sort of time where she might develop those fantasy crushes and she might not understand what being adopted by him means other than it brings them closer together.  But then I guess that wouldn't really explain why she was just as cry happy about Robyn having another baby. 

• Love 1

I'm not from the States and I don't understand how Koduche was able to adopt without Jessop giving up his rights.  

Overall, I don't understand what is the big deal either.  He's their step dad. I get the fact that they want to make sure if Sobyn kicks the bucket. But since Dayton was old enough to decide now, he really didn't need to sign over. He would have been able to decide if something happened to Sobyn.

The whole thing just stinks and it's not Koduche's cheap ass aftershave.  I feel bad for those kids. They didn't choose this, their sorry ass mother did.

Which brings me to another point, if she wanted stability, she should have found a husband who was not in a plural marriage. She would have been one and only wife and the kids would have had more stability.

Just makes me ill. The whole lot of them.

• Love 10

Meri continually saying "it's all about the children" is her way of convincing Kody and Robyn that is not about them.  Sorry I think Meri was a fool.  There has to be another way.  It might have started out all about the children but it is clearly all about Robyn and Kody's relationship.  I have never seen Kody having dinner with any of the other wives and kids and agree with a poster who said, he is always at Robyn's.   Just a side note, some of Robyn's bowls on the table were Temptations from QVC.  When Kody told Maddie that Caleb was 10 years older, did she say "well you are 10 years older than Robin".  Did anyone else here that?   Still can't get over Janelle doing a 360 and being so interested in everything now.  Wonder if Meri's troubles and Robyn being the legal wife has something to do with it.  

• Love 7

He was so dismissive of the kid sitting right next to him. Kody takes every opportunity to turn this around and make it about him. While eating dinner at Robyn's house he was condescending and rude to those children. Arghhhhhhhhh! So annoyed. 

Exactly.  If you have to tell kids that age to refer to a judge as "ma'am/sir" or "Your Honor," you've done something along the way.  Very condescending, just like how he acted while teaching Dayton to tie his tie.  

Edited by SuzyLee
I wonder if Kody ever has dinner with anyone except Robyn's family.

I believe that was what he was doing with Christine's family when Maddie and Janelle came over to tell them the big news. I wonder how many gym mats Christine set up in her garage in order to make that happen. 

• Love 4

That conversation with Maddie was really odd. She looked happy and giggly, with "big news" like she was engaged, but then didn't actually say she was engaged, just that she was serious about a guy. Maybe it's an flds thing, that they can't actually be engaged until Kody gives his blessing or something? I didn't understand what they were dancing around there. If it essentially was her announcing her engagement (without saying the word) it was doubly weird to me that none of her parents had any idea she was even dating/talking to the guy. Normally when someone announces their engagement to their parents, the parents don't have to say, "Who is it?"

I think that she was just giving them a heads up about the relationship, and that the next ep will be Caleb asking for Kody's permission to marry Maddy. If the douchenozzle says yes, then Caleb can propose but no proposing without daddy's permission.

• Love 2
That conversation with Maddie was really odd. She looked happy and giggly, with "big news" like she was engaged, but then didn't actually say she was engaged, just that she was serious about a guy. Maybe it's an flds thing, that they can't actually be engaged until Kody gives his blessing or something? I didn't understand what they were dancing around there. If it essentially was her announcing her engagement (without saying the word) it was doubly weird to me that none of her parents had any idea she was even dating/talking to the guy. Normally when someone announces their engagement to their parents, the parents don't have to say, "Who is it?"

She said something to Kody about "we're going to do it your way". That leads me to believe that both parties know there is an engagement on the horizon, but it's likely that Kody expects any suitors to ask his permission first. So I guess to take that even further, Maddie needs to let him know that she's serious with someone, before he just comes and talks to dad about marriage out of the clear blue. 

• Love 2

WRT Maddie's announcement, does this mean that she has chosen the polygamist lifestyle?

I thought Maddie was the daughter who said she definitely did not want the poly lifestyle. Since my computer freezes when I try to open Maddie's thread I googled and yes, they plan to be monogomous. She also says she plans on finishing her law (?!) degree before she marries. That would mean several years away one would think. At least in Canada it takes 7 year of university to become a lawyer plus a year of articling. Since Maddie is only 19 she would have maybe two years of post secondary at the moment? Also if her boyfriend is already 29 that would be a long time for him to wait to be married. I hope it works out for them but they certainly seem to be at very different points in their lives given their age difference.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

I haven't been watching this shitshow for a while and somehow am getting sucked in again this season. I really wish something else would catch my attention during this time slot . . .

I don't want to bring out any spoilers, but this is the first I've heard of something to do with Meri being catfished. Can someone point me to a place where I can read to catch up on this story line?

WRT Maddie's announcement, does this mean that she has chosen the polygamist lifestyle? Had she been leaning that way before? I thought the only one who openly expressed their interest was Meri's daughter. I thought it seemed a little fishy that no one even knew they were a couple until Maddie announces their engagement!

I read a statement by her right after the engagement saying they do not "plan" to partake in poligamy.

• Love 1

I thought so too. Maybe I am getting the Browns and Duggars mixed up but I thought they embraced the concept of courting which meant that the couple actually had to formally ask permission from the parents to date? Don't get me wrong I am all for progress and Maddy dating who she wants to date without having to go to the Lord of Douchetown for permission but seriously what besides have multiple wives is Kody Brown following in his branch of plyg Mormonism? The whole thing was just weird. Kody had has usual Homer Simpson bland stupid stare and he actually said he wouldn't be too upset if Maddy announced she was pregnant outside marriage? Whuttt?!?!

It was just strange all around.  Even outside of the courting concept and Mormonism, for Maddy to be that serious - to have met and been dating THE ONE- and the guy is a close friend of the family and they NOT know. Come on now! 

The funniest thing about that whole announcement was them being excited that he wasn't a blood relation of any kind. Aim for the stars Browns, aim for the stars. LOL!! 

It is just amazing how some of Janelle's kids are just dead ringers for her. When you see one that can't look anymore like her you see one that does even more. Her youngest daughter who is her baby might as well be a clone Janelle keeps around for spare organ parts in case she needs a kidney or liver down the line. She is the spitting image of what I imagine Janelle looked like as a child. Uncanny!! 

• Love 12

Why did Christine and another daughter continue to stand up in the courtroom after everyone else was seated? Odd.

I also wondered about them showing Meri just sitting in her office on the computer.  She seemed very sneaky about it.  How much are they going to reveal?

• Love 5

Why did Christine and another daughter continue to stand up in the courtroom after everyone else was seated? Odd.

Christine was killing me last week in the lawyer's office watching the documents for adoption be signed. She was standing like she was witnessing the Declaration of Independence being signed. 

• Love 21

Exactly.  If you have to tell kids that age to refer to a judge as "ma'am/sir" or "Your Honor," you've done something along the way.  Very condescending, just like how he acted while teaching Dayton to tie his tie.  

I noticed that shit right away!

He's showing him how to do the tie...then when they are finished he basically says to him " now bugger off and tuck your shirt in". So basically, now Dayton gets the same treatment all Kody's REAL kids get.

Sucks to be him.

I also wondered about them showing Meri just sitting in her office on the computer.  She seemed very sneaky about it.  How much are they going to reveal?

I dont think those dumbasses knew what to do actually!

Mykelti looked like she was waiting for her Mother's direction...well- that aint gonna work.

I honestly think Christine has only ever watched court proceedings on television and erroneously thought she wasnt allowed to sit down until the Judge said " Please be seated." Haha

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 10
I also wondered about them showing Meri just sitting in her office on the computer.  She seemed very sneaky about it.  How much are they going to reveal?

I feel like that wasn't the first time they've hovered over her as she was using the computer. I imagine production walking in on her unannounced and trying to catch her up to something. 

• Love 5
That's true. They committed perjury on nationwide TV. I wonder if there could be any repercussions as a result.

That would be interesting provided it was a real court proceeding. I'm still in the "fake TLC court, fake TLC judge" corner.  I don't for a hot second believe filming would be allowed in a municipal courtroom.  

But then Vegas is about as screwed up a place as is humanly possible.  Or maybe the judge allowed it because of a latent ambition to be another Judge Judy.

• Love 7

First off- there is no way that most of that show wasn't RECREATIONS of events that MIGHT have taken place already.

They are just such bad actors, they cannot pull it off at all.

They play fast and loose with the timelines constantly- to the dizzying effect that Meri and Robyn are always over/under by at least 25 pounds in every scene.

Yes, Robyn is preggers, she gets a pass on the weight gain, of course.

But I personally find it hella distracting when their weights are fluctuating constantly between the episodes and the TH segments on the episodes.

Am I the only one?

Aurora, Aurora, Aurora....I would smack the stupid out of that one so fast, her head would be spinning. I kid you not. That is not attractive or appropriate behaviour from a teenaged girl and she needs to be checked. And before anyone comments "but but but..maybe Aspergers"..just can it. I worked for years with actual mentally handicapped kids and never ONCE saw this kind of shit. I might call that quack Dr. Drew myself on this shit.

fvepng_u7hglnl.jpg

Sobyn looked like the idjut she is in that courtroom. Stammering, squinting, jaw-clenching- she looked constipated and I had honest fears for the integrity of her lovely floral patterned maternity sundress that she wore with one of those interchangeable shorty blazers they seem to have a whole house full of. Just stop with the fugly blazers, sister-wives. You are not gonna make them happen...their time is gone.

Meri Meri Meri- TLC is setting you up just like the catfish did, and you can't even see it? "Fool me once...".

That stealthy Chris Hansen Predator camera angle settling on Meri looking guilty in her "office". Receiving a text . In her office. She doesn't work.

If I was one of those others, and she had to have the most expensive house and the best of everything and that bloody WETBAR, that b***h would be whipping up pastries non stop for me and mine...like 7.5 hours a day, Mon-Fri, in fact. She would be justifying those extras in some way and if it wasnt pastries, it would be running my crotch fruit to soccer, orthodontia appts and all other things I didnt feel like being at. Christine raised her whiny daughter. Do you see Meri returning that favour in any way? Which leads me to....Christine.

Oh my god she needs to just shut the hell up and look pretty moving forward. Also,  did anyone else notice she showed QUITE a bit of cleavage in this episode?

This from the one who sent Mykelti back to change  three times cus she had a tank top on that most girls her age wear?

Holy smokes, I thought Truley was likely to lose a bloody eye last night while Christine " the puppetmaster" acted out their day in court for the poor kid.Her girls were WAY out of the nest there and heading South at a rapid pace.I couldnt keep my eyes off them and I am hetero female. So distracting, I lost track of who the Panda bear was in the skit. Damn.

Truely has ALL their numbers and cracks me right up. Also, when Christine went in to wake Truely up in the morning! I am in agreement that Christine is somewhat medicated. She had on some tank top and her bra strap was showing and her bountious bazooms were on full display again. Not to be bitchy, cus I have my own bazooms that sometimes move of their own accord, but I'm not preaching modesty or purity. I am likin this free-wheeling stoned out of her gourd, wee bit o' the hussy Christine! But girlfriend looked dumb as a post in court, standing in the half crouch for the entire proceeding. 

Janelle is and will always be my fave wife, I think. Not that I think she is smart, but compared to the rest of the daisies in this cul de sac, she is Einstein.

Her kids are my faves too, they seem real and you don't hear anyone "explaining" constantly why they act this way or that way. When the boys fight, they are just boys...there isnt some LONGASS speech about "why" they did that. They just did it cus boys that age are jerks. I also think her kids are the most savvy as to all the landmines in that family. THey are well aware of their Mom and Meri's crap...they just treat Meri with respect cus they have been brought up right and carry on from there. I have seen a few sly FU internet moments from Maddie and i love them. I have my eye on YOU, girly!

Oh and BS to no one knowing she was seeing the brushmeister.

She has two grandmothers that live there as well in Montana and there is absolutely NO WAY that at the very LEAST her mother didnt know where she was spending all her time. If they have been seeing each other since Curtis died, then there is no way that it has been kept that secret, especially cus these kids live for social media. One of her siblings likely knew, like Aspyn, I'm thinking..and we all know how Christine keeps things under wraps. So BS to that story.

Kody, as always, can't stand you.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 18

I noticed when Maddie was saying the 10 year thing it sounded like Kody was about to object and someone reminded him that he's 10 years older than Robyn and he quickly changed his reaction.

I wish we knew the dates of Meri's talking heads, I just think it would be interesting to see the talking head and then the dms to "Sam" and how they correspond.

I have a feeling that the Robyn and the douche want Dayton to stay confused because if he really understood he may not be on board with all of this, how many times did that poor boy say he was confused and no effort at all was made to clarify anything for him. My little brother is autistic, and we actually had to recently make him pick everything up to move in with our sister (long story short, he lived with our mom in Texas, but she passed away and I was in school and my sister works full time so we had no choice but to bring him to where we live in Florida) and boy are we paying for it now. We didn't want to do it, but there just wasn't an easier way, everything happened really fast between our mom getting sick and passing.... My point being that you can't just upheave an autistic persons life at every whim like they seem to do with Dayton, everything involves lots of explanations, repeatedly, and allowing them control over the aspects they can control, so it makes me so angry to see how the just bulldoze through any thought or feeling Dayton communicates. And he is so thorough and thought out when he speaks, it's not hard to communicate with him. I really hope he was truly ok with the name change, but I have a feeling it wasn't fully explained to him, and he was more or less told he wants to change his name.

I wonder if Kody even rotates nights anymore, they probably took a hiatus from that because Kody need to spend time with his new family.

I feel like all of this would have been a bigger deal or more symbolic if they haven't been portraying that they are Browns for 5 YEARS now. They want everything both ways, when he married Robyn we were supposed to accept that they were a full fledged part of the Brown family no exceptions, but now we are supposed to be jumping for joy because they are "really" Browns now. How long before they undergo a procedure to remove any pesky Jessop dna that may still be lingering in their body, and replace it with Brown dna. Please hold while I figure out a way to convince Kody that is possible and make a couple of thousand dollars off of them ;).

• Love 10

I 100% believe that Aurora as Aspergers. I thought she had daddy issues at first, but she seems almost socially awkward much like how Dayton was when we first met him.

Aurora acts nothing like an Aspy.  There's a less common type of Autism that is almost an opposite of Aspergers.  Instead of above average intelligence and poor social interaction, they are effusively social, but slightly below average intelligence.  I actually think Aurora is just highly emotional, and has unclear boundaries.  It doesn't help that she looks so much older than she actually is.  David Jessop must have been a pretty tall guy.

Re: next week's episode.  Christine says something to Robyn about never having seen her before  (Robyn) speaking sharply to Kody.  Well, she's legal now and can do what she wants.  "Don't say panties at this table."  She's taking over.  Watch out Janelle, Meri, and Christine.

I believe Janelle is the one who says this to Robyn.  I'm really torn on this whole thing.  I love seeing Kody given a rough time, but I hate that it's Robyn who's doing it.

How old is Aurora?

She turned thirteen in June.  All the ages of the children are listed on Wikipedia.

On another note, Maddie's always been my favorite, and tonight she didn't disappoint (although I'm a little concerned about this guy being considerably older. And how long has she known him for?). But I loved how she singled out Christine for the role she played in her upbringing. That was a kind and classy and mature thing to do.

Madison said she met him in the ER when her uncle died, and that this guy was his brother-in-law.  I think (but I'm not sure) that Curtis is the brother who wasn't into polygamy.  Therefore, I assume his wife and her family weren't either.  I know ten years is a significant age gap, but Maddie turns twenty next week, and she's always seemed mature for her age.

She said something to Kody about "we're going to do it your way". That leads me to believe that both parties know there is an engagement on the horizon, but it's likely that Kody expects any suitors to ask his permission first. So I guess to take that even further, Maddie needs to let him know that she's serious with someone, before he just comes and talks to dad about marriage out of the clear blue. 

I think this is a formality more than anything else. Madison has been texting, calling, and apparently visiting with this guy for a while now.  Years ago, all the oldest girls (except Mariah) admitted to already kissing a boy.  Madison seems to have full autonomy, but is including Kody out of respect.

• Love 3

When Kody told Maddie that Caleb was 10 years older, did she say "well you are 10 years older than Robin".  Did anyone else here that?   Still can't get over Janelle doing a 360 and being so interested in everything now.  Wonder if Meri's troubles and Robyn being the legal wife has something to do with it.  

Kody being l0 years older than Robyn caught me by surprise, because I was under the impression it was seven or eight. 

Janelle does seem much happier now that Meri isn't Kody's legal wife.  So much so, that she is now hugging Robyn.  Up until about a year ago, those two would never even stand next to each other.  I've noticed that at any given time, one of Janelle's boys is holding Solomon.  So cute!

• Love 1

I thought I had read somewhere a while back that Madison had quit school, and was now living and working in Montana? Must be thinking of someone else, for surely if she had moved, the family would know why? Also, with all of the talk last night, I found it odd that no one mentioned, but what about college?...makes me think  she has quit, since no one seemed concerned about it at the meeting?

• Love 1

Aurora acts nothing like an Aspy.  There's a less common type of Autism that is almost an opposite of Aspergers.  Instead of above average intelligence and poor social interaction, they are effusively social, but slightly below average intelligence.  I actually think Aurora is just highly emotional, and has unclear boundaries.  It doesn't help that she looks so much older than she actually is.  David Jessop must have been a pretty tall guy.

I believe Janelle is the one who says this to Robyn.  I'm really torn on this whole thing.  I love seeing Kody given a rough time, but I hate that it's Robyn who's doing it.

She turned thirteen in June.  All the ages of the children are listed on Wikipedia.

Madison said she met him in the ER when her uncle died, and that this guy was his brother-in-law.  I think (but I'm not sure) that Curtis is the brother who wasn't into polygamy.  Therefore, I assume his wife and her family weren't either.  I know ten years is a significant age gap, but Maddie turns twenty next week, and she's always seemed mature for her age.

I think this is a formality more than anything else. Madison has been texting, calling, and apparently visiting with this guy for a while now.  Years ago, all the oldest girls (except Mariah) admitted to already kissing a boy.  Madison seems to have full autonomy, but is including Kody out of respect.

Sorry- just had to.

• Love 4

I noticed that shit right away!

He's showing him how to do the tie...then when they are finished he basically says to him " now bugger off and tuck your shirt in". So basically, now Dayton gets the same treatment all Kody's REAL kids get.

Yes, so welcome Dayton, Aurora and Breanna to the pile of children Kody won't and can't be bothered to parent. The Welcome to Planet Kody (aka Uranus) party is next week at 9. Oh, I'm sorry did you think this was about you and the greater family? This is after all, all about planet population!  Effusive speeches about how happy you are to have been adopted and more importantly having Kody as a father means to you are greatly encourage. 

• Love 6

(2) Kody and Robyn misrepresented their relationship to the judge.  Their lawyer asked them, "How long have you been their stepfather?"  Kody said it was at least 5 years.  Then the lawyer asked if they were legally married.  They responded that they were, but never said that they were only married for a few weeks/months.  They implied that they had been married for at least 5 years. 

While the way the lawyer asked the questions was obviously meant to create the best impression possible, Kody and Robyn did not actually lie or perjure themselves.

The lawyer started out by asking Robyn if she was the mother (and she answered "yes," which is the truth).   Then he asked Robyn how long she has lived with Kody (and she said "5 years" which is true).   Then he asked Robyn if they were legally married (and she answered "yes" which is true).

Then the lawyer asked Kody if he was the stepfather (he answered "yes" which is true, because they are legally married now).   Then the lawyer asked Kody if he wanted to adopt the kids (yes) and then asked him if he intended to care and provide for the children (and Kody answered that yes he did, he had been doing so for five years - which is essentially true). 

Of course to someone not listening closely or who doesn't know all about Brown family already might have been left with the impression that Kody and Robyn had been married for the whole five years, or possibly even that Robyn was Kody's only wife.  But we all know the truth.  And the judge does, too.  He knows who these people are.  I guarantee you that somewhere in that stack of papers on his bench was a detailed home study that reveals every aspect of the Brown family's polygamist past.  The judge was well aware of their real situation.  

This hearing was a just a rubber stamp formality and the drama was all for the cameras.  They all knew whether social services endorsed this adoption or not.  The only real question was whether the judge would want to talk to Dayton privately, and I actually think they were probably disappointed that didn't happen (well, maybe Dayton was not disappointed, lol), because it would have made for a better show.  But with Dayton (1) being over 14 and (2) having Aspergers, he was probably already extensively interviewed by social services long before this hearing.  I think the judge simply deferred to the judgement of professionals who know more about such conditions than he does, and probably just went with their recommendation and that is why he skipped talking to Dayton himself. 

• Love 9

I thought Maddie was the daughter who said she definitely did not want the poly lifestyle. Since my computer freezes when I try to open Maddie's thread I googled and yes, they plan to be monogomous. She also says she plans on finishing her law (?!) degree before she marries. That would mean several years away one would think. At least in Canada it takes 7 year of university to become a lawyer plus a year of articling. Since Maddie is only 19 she would have maybe two years of post secondary at the moment? Also if her boyfriend is already 29 that would be a long time for him to wait to be married. I hope it works out for them but they certainly seem to be at very different points in their lives given their age difference.

Well if she is planning a law degree before they are married this will be the longest engagement on record. She quit school and only has one year of undergraduate school finished. If she was serious about getting a law degree, or frankly even an undergraduate degree, before getting married she would be in school right now.

• Love 7

Kody being l0 years older than Robyn caught me by surprise, because I was under the impression it was seven or eight. 

Janelle does seem much happier now that Meri isn't Kody's legal wife.  So much so, that she is now hugging Robyn.  Up until about a year ago, those two would never even stand next to each other.  I've noticed that at any given time, one of Janelle's boys is holding Solomon.  So cute!

didn't Maddy actually say Kody is 11 years older than Sobbyn?   

"Planet Kody (aka Uranus)"   HUGE LOL

• Love 5

Legally, the rights of a parent are not terminated until adoption in the case of a stepparent adoption. It makes sense that permission was needed, not a voluntary termination of rights. It keeps people from terminating their rights so they don't have to pay support and leave only one parent responsible for the child.

• Love 3

Well if she is planning a law degree before they are married this will be the longest engagement on record. She quit school and only has one year of undergraduate school finished. If she was serious about getting a law degree, or frankly even an undergraduate degree, before getting married she would be in school right now.

Praise!  She is not serious about her education at all.  With a "single mother", the family's shady accounting and all those other Janelle siblings, Maddie most likely received the maximum in student aid.  Bleed the beast, right?  Now she'll be a wife and even on his modest income, she won't be eligible for any student aid.

The only college-age Brown most likely not receiving student aid is Princess Mariah, which is probably poetic because she seems (IMO) to be the most serious about her education.

• Love 1

She also says she plans on finishing her law (?!) degree before she marries. That would mean several years away one would think. At least in Canada it takes 7 year of university to become a lawyer plus a year of articling. Since Maddie is only 19 she would have maybe two years of post secondary at the moment? Also if her boyfriend is already 29 that would be a long time for him to wait to be married. I hope it works out for them but they certainly seem to be at very different points in their lives given their age difference.

I really like Maddie but I never believed the law school talk. She is more likely to start having babies next year than finish college. Of course many people do both but since she is hooking up with someone from their clan, I'll bet she'll be following a somewhat traditional role where women raise the babies and the men build giant houses or sit around and flip their hair like Cody.

It was nice to see Janelle smiling. Meri repeating "it's for the kids" in this dead voice made her sound like she'd been hypnotized. I wish the judge had taken the kids into chambers to ask what they wanted. I don't think Dayton wanted to be adopted but he didn't want to rock the boat when Cody and Robynn were so insistent.

• Love 6

I have a feeling Maddie's "law degree" talk is a lit like when you hear one of the Teen Moms say she wants to be a veterinarian. We probably all know that vet school is actually harder to get into than medical school. They mean they want to be "vet techs" - - like the vet assistants who help out with the animals. I bet Maddie plans to get a paralegal certificate or become a certificated legal secretary, not a lawyer. I can't remember from my time practicing in NV, but they may even offer certificates for legal assistants. That's about as far as I think she will go.

• Love 5

I think it was because there were no more seats to be had. With the entire clan, plus Sobbyn's extended family, it didn't look like there was a spare seat anywhere.

I'm not surprised. College to them for the girls is probably a hunting ground to snare your husband. Hence why none of the adults mentioned college when Maddie made her big announcement...she has a man now! She has achieved success! That is better to them than any college degree.

Look at their household...only Janelle and Kody went to college, Meri is now just trying to finish her degree, and I doubt Christine finished college. Sobbyn's...I'm not sure of though. She must have a tertiary degree in Manipulation.

• Love 5

didn't Maddy actually say Kody is 11 years older than Sobbyn?   

For a moment there, I thought I was the only one who heard Maddy say that Kody is 11 years older than Robyn.  Kody's year of birth is listed as 1969 but depending on the site, Robyn Sullivan Brown's year of birth is listed as either 1978 or 1979.  So who knows.

• Love 1

Christine's shrill and manic 'joy' over everything Robyn seems to be a reaction to the "love the family or I shall shun you for-EV-AH!" threat from Kotex.  I really can't understand the desperate need for this guy from these women -- he's soooo...  Squinty, lazy, dim, and self-absorbed!  Gross.

The adoption -- I am now firmly in the camp that believes that the adoption was probably staged.  In fact, I wonder if (in the real world) there was an adoption, or if the actual legal papers were only for a name change.  That would explain David's signature on the paper, as well as his confusion about what the heck was happening.  Poor kid.  He and Breanna kept looking around like, "umm..  what's happening, again?" and he seemed like he was trying to remember what the deal was.  I don't know... maybe it's just me.

I also have a hard time believing that the catfish thing was real.  It seems to be fizzling out to nothing, with ZERO consequences for that flaky bitch who catfished her, and it reaped a huge reaction from social media and viewers.  If it were real, wouldn't there be SOMETHING about it that hit the fan by now?  You know, besides lame voicemail and stupid banana pictures.  When the "divorce" happened, there were thousands of calls for Meri to run, to find someone else, to move out and let Robyn have him, etc -- could the whole catfish thing have been a ratings grab in response to that?  Plus, the tie to the junkyard dog is really suspicious to me.  

These lying grifters are just too, too desperate to keep this pathetic show on tv, and I really wouldn't put it past them to pull this kind of crap.   

• Love 8

I think it was because there were no more seats to be had. With the entire clan, plus Sobbyn's extended family, it didn't look like there was a spare seat anywhere.

I'm not surprised. College to them for the girls is probably a hunting ground to snare your husband. Hence why none of the adults mentioned college when Maddie made her big announcement...she has a man now! She has achieved success! That is better to them than any college degree.

Look at their household...only Janelle and Kody went to college, Meri is now just trying to finish her degree, and I doubt Christine finished college. Sobbyn's...I'm not sure of though. She must have a tertiary degree in Manipulation.

Kody didn't go to college. Only Janelle Has a degree and it is unclear whether her accounting degree is a two-year Associates degree or a four-year Bachleors degree.

I really like Maddie but I never believed the law school talk. She is more likely to start having babies next year than finish college. Of course many people do both but since she is hooking up with someone from their clan, I'll bet she'll be following a somewhat traditional role where women raise the babies and the men build giant houses or sit around and flip their hair like Cody.

It was nice to see Janelle smiling. Meri repeating "it's for the kids" in this dead voice made her sound like she'd been hypnotized. I wish the judge had taken the kids into chambers to ask what they wanted. I don't think Dayton wanted to be adopted but he didn't want to rock the boat when Cody and Robynn were so insistent.

Did Maddie say she wanted to be on the U.S. Supreme Court? Why do I seem to recall that she said something to that effect when the Brown's polygamy case was at issue? Maybe I'm mis-remembering. Edited by Jusagirlintheworld

I agree with the opinion that Dayton really didn't seem totally on board with this adoption. He is my favorite Brown, and to see him kind of railroaded into this really bothered me. I can tell that he is a sweet and good natured young man, and he doesn't want to cause trouble, but each time he was asked what he thought, it was never done with the intention that he could be free to be really honest. It was kind of an afterthought:"you're okay with all of this, aren't you, Dayton?" What is the poor kid supposed to say?

I still have yet to hear anything about their bio dad that explains the terrible way he is being portrayed on this show. The way every last trace of him is being removed, you'd think those kids were sired by John Wayne Gacy.

The kicker was when Kody did a little chest thumping and said "I think it's sweet how Dayton kind of picked me to be his dad."Uh, no Kody. Dayton didn't choose ANYTHING about this situation. I just wanted to give that bewildered young man a hug. I am sure he is conflicted and worried about betraying his bio dad.

• Love 16

Yeah, I think Dayton was railroaded into this.  What is he supposed to say?  I feel bad for that kid.

The one Brown who really seems serious about his education is Logan.  I think he plans on being a physical therapist.  He stays out of the limelight but shows up for family events like the adoption.  Mariah has decided not to be a doctor--I wonder if she is still thinking of being a physician's assistant or is she on to something else?

• Love 5

I have a feeling Maddie's "law degree" talk is a lit like when you hear one of the Teen Moms say she wants to be a veterinarian. We probably all know that vet school is actually harder to get into than medical school. They mean they want to be "vet techs" - - like the vet assistants who help out with the animals. I bet Maddie plans to get a paralegal certificate or become a certificated legal secretary, not a lawyer. I can't remember from my time practicing in NV, but they may even offer certificates for legal assistants. That's about as far as I think she will go.

It's really sad that some of these kids seem quite intelligent, but the have idiot parents with lofty, vague goals, and none of them seem to sit down and say OK, you want to be a "INSERT CAREER" , here is the educational path and the social path, now stick to it. Christine seems to at least have tried with the kid who wants to be a fashion designer, but seriously, FASHION design. What a long shot. If none of the parents have any sort of attention span or work ethic, what are the kids most likely going to have?

Maddie will be pregnant within a year, and have a sister wife within five years. 

• Love 6

I may have misinterpreted what Maddie said with regards to finishing her schooling before marriage. This is what she said in US magazine:

The star added that she will continue her education before marriage. "There have been a lot of questions on me finishing school. YES," she tweeted on Monday. "I will go all the way through till I finish with my Law degree."

So she didn't actually say she would finish before getting married which makes more sense because in other interviews she is saying they are planning an outdoor wedding. I do wonder about her fiance - at 29 is this his first marriage? I know he does not want a plural lifestyle but 29 seems old for an Morman to marry and start a family. In any case I wish her well but doubt she will be spending 6 years after marriage in university to finish an undergrad degree and get a law degree.

• Love 2

this is kinda a more general question, so I'm not sure it belongs in this thread, but I'm not sure where it should go. Does anyone know how many episodes in a season? I'm starting to worry, with every episode this far having been around this whole adoption hoopla, we haven't gotten to see the usual season staples, like the road trip where they get to meet another polygamist family, or where they have to explain and defend their lifestyle to an outsider (i.e. The college students, or when they met with that group that rescued people from polygamy), we haven't seen a kid graduate or move out, we haven't seen anything related to my sisterwives closet, or anything about weight loss.... Thankfully we are getting a party next week, so at least there is that I guess.

• Love 3

I agree with the opinion that Dayton really didn't seem totally on board with this adoption. He is my favorite Brown, and to see him kind of railroaded into this really bothered me. I can tell that he is a sweet and good natured young man, and he doesn't want to cause trouble, but each time he was asked what he thought, it was never done with the intention that he could be free to be really honest. It was kind of an afterthought:"you're okay with all of this, aren't you, Dayton?" What is the poor kid supposed to say?

I still have yet to hear anything about their bio dad that explains the terrible way he is being portrayed on this show. The way every last trace of him is being removed, you'd think those kids were sired by John Wayne Gacy.

The kicker was when Kody did a little chest thumping and said "I think it's sweet how Dayton kind of picked me to be his dad."Uh, no Kody. Dayton didn't choose ANYTHING about this situation. I just wanted to give that bewildered young man a hug. I am sure he is conflicted and worried about betraying his bio dad.

I can see how it must be hard for a person with autism to function on a daily basis around this crew, seems like every couple months something huge happens, new 'marriage', new house, school, tons new siblings who may or may not have been initially thrilled-moving again,new brother, moving again, the Meri divorce thing (impacts kids by proxy), doesn't see bio-dad for a long time, official marriage, next new kid, adoption court stuff,trips to wherever for the show, omg. That's not even counting all the various side-schemes, online store thing, wonder juice, becoming real estate people etc. Heck, I don't have autism and all this would be a lot to deal with. BTW, is he going by David now as a first name, or still 'Day-Un' ? Poor kid, never has time to adjust to anything before the next big wind sweeps by with some new thing to deal with.

Bottom line is he won't be a minor for too much longer, and maybe the Browns won't stop him if he wishes to visit with his bio-dad. He would be a minor in any case until he is 18, so he has to be under someones care unless he were to be emancipated, so he might as well ride the gravy train along with the rest of them until the last stop. Too bad we just don't know anything about what is going on with bio-dad, likely he doesn't have the resources to compete with TLC money for lawyers to fight this or travel, although if he had custody, he could have made robin pay child support- so if this adoption has gone through, robin can now not go after the ex for child support either.  I mean how would things have played out had David/Dayton said "I don't know if I'm ready for this, let my sisters go ahead with it, but I'm not ready to give up on my dad"..would it have then made it more complicated re adopting the others or cost more in court/lawyers fees to add him later? Probably.

It's very weird in another episode they were calling the bio-dad 'Preston'. Even when kids have a step-dad or adoptive dad, I don't hear kids calling their natural father by their first name unless they weren't raised around him at all or never knew him. Usually I hear the step-dad is called by their name or sometimes 'Dad' or 'Pops' or some other variant, but referring to their regular dad by his first name seems orchestrated and strange.

• Love 3

I think Kody and Robin were asked how long have they lived together (5 years) and are you legally married (yes) so they implied, but did not actually say , that they were married for those five years.

No perjury there.

Since Robyn is too beautiful to cook, who fixes the meals when Kody dines with her and the kids?

Those other wives should change their locks, quit cooking, lose weight, and get extreme makeovers. Christine should be charging for any childcare she provides. And she needs to get her antidepressant adjusted before she goes postal and kills the whole family.

• Love 4

Did anyone else catch this during the scene when Dayton was signing the papers?  Kody said to Dayton (I guess in reference to his signature) "if you are going to be a doctor you are going to have to improve that."

Was he talking about Dayton's handwriting? When did Dayton ever say he wanted to be a doctor?

Did I just imagine this? 

• Love 4

I absolutely cannot stand Chrisfine anymore since her newfound obsession with Robyn. Did anybody notice her saying in baby talk, "oh look at the cute baby" to Robyn's belly? I almost gagged. What is her damn problem? She needs to realize that she's acting completely ridiculous. Robyn even looked at her like she was crazy. I can't even stand her anymore and she was my favorite back in the day. What is up with the hardcore ass kissing? She's overdoing it and nobody buys it.

• Love 6