Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: A Judge Decides

• Start Topic

Did anyone else catch this during the scene when Dayton was signing the papers?  Kody said to Dayton (I guess in reference to his signature) "if you are going to be a doctor you are going to have to improve that."

Was he talking about Dayton's handwriting? When did Dayton ever say he wanted to be a doctor?

Did I just imagine this? 

I could be wrong but I thought it was the judge who said that to Dayton. I thought he was complimenting  Dayton's handwriting (he was obviously taking great care when he signed) since doctors are often given a bad rep (deservedly so in many cases) for having illegable handwriting. I took it that he was teasing Dayton that his handwriting was too good to be a doctor.

Then he asked Robyn how long she has lived with Kody (and she said "5 years" which is true).

Wouldn't that actually be a lie? Robyn has lived with Kody (or supposedly as a polyg wife) for only a quarter of the 5 years. He has lived with Meri, Janelle and Christine for the other three quarters of that time. So 'technically' only one year and three months of the five years Robyn has been a sister wife. If they were telling the truth. But that has never been a priority for the Browns.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2

Wait a minute, UsernameFatigue, you're right - But even worse, how can they claim he lived with Robyn at all before this?  Do the wives own their houses separately or is he on all the mortgages?  And doesn't living with someone imply having your home base in the same house?  I thought he basically just "stays over" at these women's very separate houses on a semi-regular basis but is that technically considered "living" with them?  Especially if at the times he's not over at Robyn's house he's at another woman's house?  Shouldn't he have to show more proof about living with her?  I know this is Las Vegas where things are different, but I don't get it.

"I mean how would things have played out had David/Dayton said "I don't know if I'm ready for this, let my sisters go ahead with it, but I'm not ready to give up on my dad".    That would have been EPIC!

"Since Robyn is too beautiful to cook, who fixes the meals when Kody dines with her and the kids?"   Probably make Christine come over and do it, to prove she's loyal to the family/sarc

Did anyone else catch this during the scene when Dayton was signing the papers?  Kody said to Dayton (I guess in reference to his signature) "if you are going to be a doctor you are going to have to improve that."

Was he talking about Dayton's handwriting? When did Dayton ever say he wanted to be a doctor?

Did I just imagine this? 

No, I heard it too and I had 2 thoughts.  I see doctors' handwriting.  Whatever he's doing, he's fine.  Second, it made me wonder if this is achievable with Aspergers?  I am not saying yes or no, I simply don't have any idea.  Does anybody else know?

I didn't know "living together" meant spending 24 hrs per day for 365 days per year together under the same roof AND having both people's names on the lease or mortgage! I have friends who "live together" in the woman's house she bought herself  years ago; they don't count how many days/nights they're actually together since he's a long haul truck driver gone for several days per month, and she travels a lot for her business.  

I think Kody and Robyn consider themselves as "living together" since their spiritual marriage ceremony. Also, I  wonder what Kody's driver's license says is his legal home address--does he list all 4 house addresses, just Robyn's house address, or does he have his own place elsewhere?

• Love 7

She said something to Kody about "we're going to do it your way". That leads me to believe that both parties know there is an engagement on the horizon, but it's likely that Kody expects any suitors to ask his permission first. So I guess to take that even further, Maddie needs to let him know that she's serious with someone, before he just comes and talks to dad about marriage out of the clear blue. 

I was just coming to ask what "going to do it your way" meant.  So I'm assuming that means a courtship?

Why did Christine and another daughter continue to stand up in the courtroom after everyone else was seated? Odd.

Everyone wasn't in yet.  Only the one half of the room was full.  I think Christine was just keeping track of children and making sure everyone got in and sat somewhere (and probably keeping an eye on the youngers kids to make sure they didn't cause a scene or something).  The other half of the room filled in as they started the hearing or whatever.  I don't know where Meri was but Janelle was up front on the other half of the room so Christine had a good overall shot of the room.

I'm wondering who all those other random people were that they claimed were their family.

I didn't know "living together" meant spending 24 hrs per day for 365 days per year together under the same roof AND having both people's names on the lease or mortgage! I have friends who "live together" in the woman's house she bought herself  years ago; they don't count how many days/nights they're actually together since he's a long haul truck driver gone for several days per month, and she travels a lot for her business.  

I think Kody and Robyn consider themselves as "living together" since their spiritual marriage ceremony. Also, I  wonder what Kody's driver's license says is his legal home address--does he list all 4 house addresses, just Robyn's house address, or does he have his own place elsewhere?

He probably had Meri's listed at least until the divorce. And likely he didn't bother to change it unless he had to renew his license since the divorce happen.  Cause I think he now has his name on Robyn's house, right? 

Also, I  wonder what Kody's driver's license says is his legal home address

One of the super-sleuths on CJ's blog (or the old SWB) discovered that Kody has been using Robyn's address as his official address since they moved to Vegas.

After being in law enforcement for over 20 years, I can't imagine any judge allowing a camera to stand behind him to film a real and legit court proceeding. The judge's desk area is sacred. In real court all cameras are to the side and below the judge.That whole thing had to be a reenactment. 

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 15

"I mean how would things have played out had David/Dayton said "I don't know if I'm ready for this, let my sisters go ahead with it, but I'm not ready to give up on my dad". That would have been EPIC!

"Since Robyn is too beautiful to cook, who fixes the meals when Kody dines with her and the kids?" Probably make Christine come over and do it, to prove she's loyal to the family/sarc

No, I heard it too and I had 2 thoughts. I see doctors' handwriting. Whatever he's doing, he's fine. Second, it made me wonder if this is achievable with Aspergers? I am not saying yes or no, I simply don't have any idea. Does anybody else know?

I think someone with aspergers could be a doctor, it's common for people with autism to have a higher than normal IQ, however the bigger issue would be how they socially interact, there are many many different degrees so it would be hard to say, just as it would for someone without aspergers. I mentioned it a little further up, but my little brother is autistic, he's really smart, he never really had to study much in school, but he would never be a doctor more because he lacks empathy in dealing with people (well that and he has no desire to be a doctor). Someone with aspergers would do really well as being something like a surgeon because you don't really have to have much bedside manner.

I'm just speaking in general terms, but my point basically is that aspergers is more of a social issue than intellectual, I have no idea where Dayton falls in the spectrum, so I have no idea how he would do as a doctor, but to answer your question, in theory yes he could.

• Love 5

I think someone with aspergers could be a doctor, it's common for people with autism to have a higher than normal IQ, however the bigger issue would be how they socially interact, there are many many different degrees so it would be hard to say, just as it would for someone without aspergers. I mentioned it a little further up, but my little brother is autistic, he's really smart, he never really had to study much in school, but he would never be a doctor more because he lacks empathy in dealing with people (well that and he has no desire to be a doctor). Someone with aspergers would do really well as being something like a surgeon because you don't really have to have much bedside manner.

I'm just speaking in general terms, but my point basically is that aspergers is more of a social issue than intellectual, I have no idea where Dayton falls in the spectrum, so I have no idea how he would do as a doctor, but to answer your question, in theory yes he could.

Thanks!  I could see pathologist as well, a doctor behind the scenes.  

• Love 1

"I mean how would things have played out had David/Dayton said "I don't know if I'm ready for this, let my sisters go ahead with it, but I'm not ready to give up on my dad".    That would have been EPIC!

It would have been epic but it wouldn't happen. I can actually see Dayton saying that but I guarantee Kody and Robyn would just flat out tell him no. 

• Love 2

Dayton seems to be such a methodical person who clearly takes great care to act in socially acceptable ways.  In fact, he's one of the few kids in this family who are consistently polite and respectful and never need to be corrected.  He actually acknowledges his autism and seems to realize that he will naturally have a harder time dealing with change than someone without Aspergers.  I have high hopes for that boy, provided he can distance himself enough from his family and InstaDad and gain some perspective on life and adulthood from people who aren't batshit crazy.

The fact that Kody and Robyn have obviously pressured him into going along with this adoption nonsense makes me incredibly stabby.  Of all the kids in the world to manipulate like that, someone like Dayton is perhaps the least deserving.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 8

I think it's interesting that Dayton asked to have his name legally changed from David Preston to David Dayton (because Dayton is name he goes by)-- since Dayton is a hybrid of David and Preston, in a way he's still keeping a little bit of his real dad with him.

• Love 2

I think it's interesting that Dayton asked to have his name legally changed from David Preston to David Dayton (because Dayton is name he goes by)-- since Dayton is a hybrid of David and Preston, in a way he's still keeping a little bit of his real dad with him.

Don't point that out to Kody and Robyn or they will make him change it.

• Love 6

For 5 years Christine tried fighting for Kody to treat all of the wives fairly. Now she has given up and realized that the only way she might have a good relationship with Kody is to kiss Robyn's butt. She will eventually realize that that strategy won't work either. It's very sad.

Exactly right. Kody tells her when she loves "the family," he'll love her, and now she's spewing lurve all over Robyn. It's just the usual desperate scrabbling for Kody's affection and validation. Such a miserable way to go through life.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 7

I'm going to be posting this in the minors rules thread as well, but since the discussion started here (even though it's moved on) I'm posting this here as well:

Do me a favor folks - please don't speculate further on undiagnosed conditions Aurora may or may not have. Yes, you can comment on the nature of her relationship with Kody, or her mother, or on her actions and words, but let's avoid diagnosing her, please. I know Robyn has commented on the show about Dayton possibly having Aspergers, so that's fair game, but let's follow the show on this one.

Some of you may find this restrictive, and I understand, but we like to err on the side of caution where minors are involved.

• Love 6

One of the super-sleuths on CJ's blog (or the old SWB) discovered that Kody has been using Robyn's address as his official address since they moved to Vegas.

Wow, one would think if they are leaving Utah to escape 'persecution' as polys Kody would have used the address of his legal wife, just using common sense. (Oops, there is my answer). And they moved twice while in LV so did he use Robyn's address both times? In any case it looks like Kody and Robyn have been planning for quite some time to dump Meri and make Robyn the legal wife when he blithly made wife number four the number one wife by using her address as his. Not that this is a surprise but I wonder how he explained the address thingy to the other three wives. But most likely he didn't and they didn't ask.

I can't say that I see Kody's situation with Robyn - living there part time -  equivalent with a couple who lives together but one or both travel for work so are often away. My hubby has worked away for many of our 18 years together but I am his sole partner and our lives revolve around each other (and the kids) and no one else - no matter how many miles may seperate us or how many days he may be away at a time. Robyn and her kids (in theory) get Kody's attention 25 percent of the time. Heck, if Robyn wanted someone to adopt her kids because they are there for them more than her ex she should have had one or all of the sister wives adopt her children. They are there for them way more than Kody has ever been.

Edited by UsernameFatigue

Yes, the adoption hearing is more of a formality.  They don't schedule you until everything is lined up.  I'm still shocked the court allowed it to be filmed for TV. 

Aurora worries me.  She needs help that Robyn will never see and given Robyn's history it sounds like Aurora is a copy of her. 

Unless things have changed very recently, Robyn is entitled to those now if Kody died today.  The 10 years is if they got a divorce. 

Actually, Meri is entitled to those things now, too.

All true. Meri and Kody were married more than 10 years so she's good to go even after the divorce. Robyn and Kody are currently married so she's covered.

If Kody were smart, and actually had a full time job, he could have married each wife for 10 years. At the end of 40 years all 4 would have been covered for his SS.

On second thought, given how hard up SS is, maybe it's better he didnt think of that. 

I thought it was Kody who commented on Dayton's handwriting.  And yes, someone with Asperger's can go into the medical field (I've seen it personally) if they can handle the stress involved in getting there and staying there.  However, most people with Asperger's choose careers in IT, drafting, engineering and accounting since these careers in general offer well-defined goals, less interaction with others and tolerate their rather literal and concrete thought processes.  I just hope the Brown's encourage Dayton to go to school and have a career!

• Love 1
After being in law enforcement for over 20 years, I can't imagine any judge allowing a camera to stand behind him to film a real and legit court proceeding. The judge's desk area is sacred. In real court all cameras are to the side and below the judge.That whole thing had to be a reenactment.

Thank you for validating my suspicions.  Did they show the name of the judge (I can't stomach watching anymore) so that I can look online to see if such a person exists?

• Love 2

(1) I never knew that bending forward from the waist and flipping your thinning hair back was part of tying a necktie.  

This scene enraged me with the white-hot flames of a thousand suns.

Kody professes to want SO MUCH to adopt those kids.  When his newest "son" asks for help tying his tie, for one very brief moment I actually thought that I was about to witness a lovely scene between Kody and Dayton.  What a fool I was!  When a son asks his dad to teach him to tie a tie, it's a very small but very important moment of manhood: the father is teaching the son a skill that will last a lifetime, and someday the son will teach his own son, etc.  I kept waiting for Kody to do SOMETHING meaningful in that moment - tousle Dayton's hair, give him a quick hug, tell him "good job..."  ANYTHING.  Instead, after the most ridiculously pointless hair-fluff in the history of hair-fluffs, he dismisses Dayton with a brusque, "tuck in your shirt."  I was livid on Dayton's behalf!  LIVID, I tell you.  

Kody is completely awful.  So is his new "wife."  The way they dismiss Dayton - a smart, thoughtful and confused 15-year old - is reprehensible.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14

Thank you for validating my suspicions.  Did they show the name of the judge (I can't stomach watching anymore) so that I can look online to see if such a person exists?

YES!  me too!  I was figuring that, like most of the "venture capitalists" the judge is at least a part-time actor or "entertainer" on the Strip.

• Love 4
YES!  me too!  I was figuring that, like most of the "venture capitalists" the judge is at least a part-time actor or "entertainer" on the Strip.

That would be so funny to find out. He's a part time actor and also plays Elvis on the Stripe, or maybe he's part

of one of the "shows" at night.

• Love 1

After being in law enforcement for over 20 years, I can't imagine any judge allowing a camera to stand behind him to film a real and legit court proceeding. The judge's desk area is sacred. In real court all cameras are to the side and below the judge. That whole thing had to be a reenactment. 

Yeah, they usually place the camera out in the courtroom somewhere.   But with the camera behind the judge, we were treated to the panoramic shots of the giant family all sitting there like scared bunnies.  So!  Much!  More!  Dramatic!  

But the real reason I figured they shot from that angle was because the judge did not want his face shown on TV (gee, why? lol).    

What the?  I find that highly weird and very suspicious.  Meri was his legal wife, and he was on her mortgage/deed whatever.  Why he hell was he using Robyn's address?  Just how long has this "leguldivorze" and marriage to Robyn been brewing?

• Love 1

When they showed Meri in her office, even though her computer screen was angled away from the camera, I swear I recognized the familiar blue and white Twitter screen on her monitor.

And I am so over Meri talking around her situation using such vague statements.  I want to take a nap every time they interview her about how she's feeling.  She seems to be talking through a slow haze of medication, and always says things like "I have all these fillings.  And I am surprised that I have all these fillings, and the fillings - they surprise me because I didn't think I'd have so many conflicting fillings about things that are happening in the fam'ly.  I am full of surprising and conflicting fillings."  YAWN.  I know she can't come out and say what's really going on (at least not yet). but all the filler of her using lots of words but saying nothing is really getting old.  Plus it's insulting to the viewers, who know exactly what's going on.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

I'm really not interested in Meri's feelings. I'm more interested in Kody's reaction and feelings. What

was his reaction to learning one of his wives was interested in another man? I assume anger but

how much of a nosedive did his ego take? That one of his wives who he ignored went out and

found someone else. He assumed in his ego none of his wives would cheat on him or want to

leave him. He's Kody, in his mind there's no one better. They'll stay with him no matter how

badly he treats them. Only to find out no that isn't the case at all.

• Love 7

No, I heard it too and I had 2 thoughts.  I see doctors' handwriting.  Whatever he's doing, he's fine.  Second, it made me wonder if this is achievable with Aspergers?  I am not saying yes or no, I simply don't have any idea.  Does anybody else know?

I've met more than one medical professional, be it Dr., dentist, some other kind of specialist that seemed like this was the case, some far more 'aspie-ish' than David (should we call him that now, since he did change his name?). If you have met a few people or are related to a person with some degree of autism/Asperger's , you will see that D. is not the extreme example- only speaking from what I have seen on the show and lots of personal experience, not trying to 'diagnose' anything as the moderator said.

Likely his challenge would be (as with most 'neurotypical' people as well) being able to afford the training and degrees, etc.

I kept waiting for Kody to do SOMETHING meaningful in that moment - tousle Dayton's hair, give him a quick hug, tell him "good job..."  ANYTHING.  Instead, after the most ridiculously pointless hair-fluff in the history of hair-fluffs, he dismisses Dayton with a brusque, "tuck in your shirt."

Well , so far the professionals have not come up with anything they are sharing as far as diagnosing Kody, right? He's just trying to make a show of 'Ok now I'm acting like a dad to this kid' and as per usual, like the girl vacation, he is all kinds of awkward.  Did we really expect some kind of touching, sweet father/son moment from him or more easily-distracted , hey I'm on camera behavior from him? 

I remember robin making a face when  she was speaking of how the judge might put them 'on the stand' (this is not a murder trial, people get on the stand or talk to the judge about all kinds of things) and ask them about whatever. If she is convinced this is what the kids want, wouldn't she be fine with that and not make it into some big, scary thing, but calmly tell the kids, hey, the judge might want to ask you in private just to be sure this is what you want, it's just part of the process, not that big a deal, just tell them what you feel? What was there to be afraid of other than the kids might say 'I don't know' or 'I'm not sure'. 

And yes, Christine's over-the-top 'best-buddy' act towards robin is not coming across as real in the slightest. Does she think viewers can't tell ? Feel bad for her that apparently this is what it takes for kody not to withhold attention or be sulky or whatever other thing he chooses to deprive her of. It sure doesn't come across on-screen as natural or healthy.

• Love 2

I'm more interested in Kody's reaction and feelings. What

was his reaction to learning one of his wives was interested in another man? I assume anger but

how much of a nosedive did his ego take?

Somehow I don't picture Kody's ego being hurt at all.  He would be mad, but all of the blame would be on Meri.  Never in a million years would he wonder if his behavior had anything to do with it.

As for Dayton's name, I think in the lawyer's office and in court he was referred to as David because that is his legal name.  They'll still call him Dayton I imagine.

Edited by camom
  • Love 3
Christine's shrill and manic 'joy' over everything Robyn seems to be a reaction to the "love the family or I shall shun you for-EV-AH!" threat from Kotex.

Such a great autocorrect. I've been chuckling for several minutes.

Co-sign to all the observations made (I'm a bit late to the thread).  I can't help semi-obsessively thinking of Day'un and the way he is being treated/manipulated/railroaded/minimized.  It hurts my heart.

• Love 1

This was an incredibly boring episode and if I had to hear DaytonAuroraBreanna, one more time I was going to throw something at the TV. I'm also worried about Christine's sanity. Acting out the adoption story with lego people in a frantic voice was all kinds of nuts. I'm sure Truly already thinks of Robyn's kids as part of the family; she cannot possibly understand legal things like adoption at her age.

I did wonder at a few of the random people in the courtroom and like others have said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were a fake reenactment. I also found the scenes where they just happened upon Meri on the computer very odd-I really hope the whole catfish thing isn't something drummed up by Kody for ratings. 

• Love 3

I'm sure Truly already thinks of Robyn's kids as part of the family; she cannot possibly understand legal things like adoption at her age.

Yeah, Christine was not getting that Truely kept saying that Kody was her daddy too, as if she was confused about why the court day was needed. I got the impression she was thinking, "I never had a court day, is he my daddy?" or possibly that Kody was now DaytonAuroraBreanna's dad but not hers now?

I had a flashback to the day I signed my first mortgage papers when Dayton expressed apprehension about signing such an important legal document.

• Love 3

Didn't watch the ep - don't watch the show - but I'm firmly on the side that says this is all completely made up.

The whole family in the courtroom just makes me think the producers were attempting to channel the classic 1968 film "Yours, Mine, and Ours" (Lucille Ball/Henry Fonda).

• Love 5

"I have all these fillings.  And I am surprised that I have all these fillings, and the fillings - they surprise me because I didn't think I'd have so many conflicting fillings about things that are happening in the fam'ly.  I am full of surprising and conflicting fillings."

With all those "fillings," Meri should see a good dentist!  lol  ; )

• Love 2

"Since Robyn is too beautiful to cook, who fixes the meals when Kody dines with her and the kids?"   Probably make Christine come over and do it, to prove she's loyal to the family/sarc

Well, there are folks like Temple Grandin who have doctorates and are professors with Aspergers. There are certainly medical specialties that require little-to-no bedside manner. I think it is possible there are MDs with Aspergers. 

• Love 1

The "judge" commented on how adoption proceedings are usually very private - usually just for families to attend - and did the Browns have a problem with so many people in the gallery.  Kody puffed out his chest and said, "This IS our family."  Unsaid was the oft-repeated, "We're polygamists, and I have FOUR (count 'em FOUR) wives.  And (fill in the number) _____ children."  

1)  I don't think the "judge" would give a flying fig how many people were in the courtroom, since it looked like they all came in together.

2)  Kody was so into pretending that this was a real court that he wanted to pretend to be cautious about legal persecution, so he kept his mouth shut about the polygamy.

And I use the word "judge" as a character name for the role the guy was playing.  I did look up Meri's "doctor" . . . and she is a doctor, but has extremely mixed reviews online.  And I've NEVER visited a doctor's office where the doctor had their name and the name of their practice embroidered in such big (visible to a camera) letters.  Most doctors don't even wear a white coat in their offices any more, do they?

Edited by AZChristian

The "judge" commented on how adoption proceedings are usually very private - usually just for families to attend - and did the Browns have a problem with so many people in the gallery.  Kody puffed out his chest and said, "This IS our family."  Unsaid was the oft-repeated, "We're polygamists, and I have FOUR (count 'em FOUR) wives.  And (fill in the number) _____ children."  

Why did they have to take everyone to court, anyway?  Only Kody and Robyn and Day'unauroranbrienna needed to be there.  I can see the other wives wanting to be there, I guess.  But all the kids in town had to show up, too, down to pre-schoolers?  The courtroom doors opened and it was like they came flooding out of a clown car.

If they were really so stressed out and worried, why add to the situation by taking fifty people to court with them?  They had to plan their outfits, and figure out transportation ... everyone had to be "prepared" for what was going to happen.  And if Kody and the wives were really worried about the impact of them being polygamists on the judge's decision, why make such a spectacle of themselves?  

I did like that Robyn was bothered when the whole world did not grind to a halt so she could be sworn in and questioned.  The judge just dove right in without the fan fair I guess she thought she was entitled to.   HA! 

• Love 6

So, Kody's daughter tells him she's in a serious relationship. He thinks it's just great, oh so happy. THEN he says to her, "Give me a hug.". (Not once but twice)  Ummm shouldn't he have been giving HER a hug? He's an ass.

• Love 3

All right guys, I just watched while googling and liberally using the pause button, and if the faceless judge was indeed a judge, I think this guy is the best bet based on the hair and ears.  

And by the by, neither their lawyer nor anyone at his practice focuses in family law; nor is family law touted as one of their areas of expertise. (Though I have practically no law experience so I don't know if that matters.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to tuck in my shirt and get a life...

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • Love 9
All right guys, I just watched while googling and liberally using the pause button, and if the faceless judge was indeed a judge, I think this guy is the best bet based on the hair and ears.

If so, here's the Courtroom Protocol listed in the document attached to that website:

While in the courtroom, sit quietly when court is in session. Do not talk or whisper. The court proceedings are being transcribed by a court reporter and noise can interfere with the preparation of this important record.

Avoid bringing children to court. If it is necessary to do so, please monitor their behavior so they remain quiet at all times. If they are quiet, children are allowed in the courtroom, but parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly.

All beepers, cellular telephones, and electronic devices must be turned off before entering the courtroom. Avoid reading newspapers, or books in the courtrooms, particularly if your use of such material may be a distraction to others.

Apparently electronic devices such as big honking TV cameras aren't distracting in any way.

I still call foul on all of it.

• Love 4

Plus, he is never seen at anybody else's house.

I could have sworn that Madison and Janelle walked over to Christine's house to make Maddie's big announcement and Kody was already at Christine's house---or did I miss them calling Kody to come over there? 

First off- there is no way that most of that show wasn't RECREATIONS of events that MIGHT have taken place already.

They are just such bad actors, they cannot pull it off at all.

They play fast and loose with the timelines constantly- to the dizzying effect that Meri and Robyn are always over/under by at least 25 pounds in every scene.

Yes, Robyn is preggers, she gets a pass on the weight gain, of course.

But I personally find it hella distracting when their weights are fluctuating constantly between the episodes and the TH segments on the episodes.

Am I the only one?

Aurora, Aurora, Aurora....I would smack the stupid out of that one so fast, her head would be spinning. I kid you not. That is not attractive or appropriate behaviour from a teenaged girl and she needs to be checked. And before anyone comments "but but but..maybe Aspergers"..just can it. I worked for years with actual mentally handicapped kids and never ONCE saw this kind of shit. I might call that quack Dr. Drew myself on this shit.

fvepng_u7hglnl.jpg

Sobyn looked like the idjut she is in that courtroom. Stammering, squinting, jaw-clenching- she looked constipated and I had honest fears for the integrity of her lovely floral patterned maternity sundress that she wore with one of those interchangeable shorty blazers they seem to have a whole house full of. Just stop with the fugly blazers, sister-wives. You are not gonna make them happen...their time is gone.

Meri Meri Meri- TLC is setting you up just like the catfish did, and you can't even see it? "Fool me once...".

That stealthy Chris Hansen Predator camera angle settling on Meri looking guilty in her "office". Receiving a text . In her office. She doesn't work.

If I was one of those others, and she had to have the most expensive house and the best of everything and that bloody WETBAR, that b***h would be whipping up pastries non stop for me and mine...like 7.5 hours a day, Mon-Fri, in fact. She would be justifying those extras in some way and if it wasnt pastries, it would be running my crotch fruit to soccer, orthodontia appts and all other things I didnt feel like being at. Christine raised her whiny daughter. Do you see Meri returning that favour in any way? Which leads me to....Christine.

Oh my god she needs to just shut the hell up and look pretty moving forward. Also, did anyone else notice she showed QUITE a bit of cleavage in this episode?

This from the one who sent Mykelti back to change three times cus she had a tank top on that most girls her age wear?

Holy smokes, I thought Truley was likely to lose a bloody eye last night while Christine " the puppetmaster" acted out their day in court for the poor kid.Her girls were WAY out of the nest there and heading South at a rapid pace.I couldnt keep my eyes off them and I am hetero female. So distracting, I lost track of who the Panda bear was in the skit. Damn.

Truely has ALL their numbers and cracks me right up. Also, when Christine went in to wake Truely up in the morning! I am in agreement that Christine is somewhat medicated. She had on some tank top and her bra strap was showing and her bountious bazooms were on full display again. Not to be bitchy, cus I have my own bazooms that sometimes move of their own accord, but I'm not preaching modesty or purity. I am likin this free-wheeling stoned out of her gourd, wee bit o' the hussy Christine! But girlfriend looked dumb as a post in court, standing in the half crouch for the entire proceeding.

Janelle is and will always be my fave wife, I think. Not that I think she is smart, but compared to the rest of the daisies in this cul de sac, she is Einstein.

Her kids are my faves too, they seem real and you don't hear anyone "explaining" constantly why they act this way or that way. When the boys fight, they are just boys...there isnt some LONGASS speech about "why" they did that. They just did it cus boys that age are jerks. I also think her kids are the most savvy as to all the landmines in that family. THey are well aware of their Mom and Meri's crap...they just treat Meri with respect cus they have been brought up right and carry on from there. I have seen a few sly FU internet moments from Maddie and i love them. I have my eye on YOU, girly!

Oh and BS to no one knowing she was seeing the brushmeister.

She has two grandmothers that live there as well in Montana and there is absolutely NO WAY that at the very LEAST her mother didnt know where she was spending all her time. If they have been seeing each other since Curtis died, then there is no way that it has been kept that secret, especially cus these kids live for social media. One of her siblings likely knew, like Aspyn, I'm thinking..and we all know how Christine keeps things under wraps. So BS to that story.

Kody, as always, can't stand you.

This is so funny! Just what I was thinking.

• Love 1

That's a good question.  I'm sure he has to pick one address to call his "permanent" one for legal, tax and other purposes as I have seen this before.  I did some searching around and found the property assessor's info. on Robyn's house - It was under her name only (Robyn Sullivan) until Sept. 28th of this year, when it was transferred into hers and Kody's names under her new name of Robyn Brown.  Interestingly, I took a look at the page for Meri's house and Kody is still listed as an owner with her.  Christine and Janelle are both the only owners of their respective houses.  Interestingly, Meri's house is actually valued as the least expensive amongst all the houses, by a little bit.  And Christine's is the most expensive.

http://sandgate.co.clark.nv.us/assrrealprop/parceldetail.aspx?hdnparcel=13806810006

http://sandgate.co.clark.nv.us/assrrealprop/parceldetail.aspx?hdnparcel=13806810007

As to living together, I was talking about how they answered that they've lived together presumably for 5 years - I don't know that staying over at what was until very recently only her house one night a week constitutes "living together" especially when he has other home bases.  A man who travels a lot may only have one permanent home base even if he stays at another property he owns when he travels.  It seems to me like Kody has several home bases, which blurs the lines somewhat to me as to what constitutes actually cohabiting versus just staying over.  I don't think it matters as far as what they were doing in the courtroom, I just thought it seemed like yet another stretching of the truth.

• Love 2

The "judge" commented on how adoption proceedings are usually very private - usually just for families to attend - and did the Browns have a problem with so many people in the gallery. Kody puffed out his chest and said, "This IS our family." Unsaid was the oft-repeated, "We're polygamists, and I have FOUR (count 'em FOUR) wives. And (fill in the number) _____ children."

1) I don't think the "judge" would give a flying fig how many people were in the courtroom, since it looked like they all came in together.

2) Kody was so into pretending that this was a real court that he wanted to pretend to be cautious about legal persecution, so he kept his mouth shut about the polygamy.

And I use the word "judge" as a character name for the role the guy was playing. I did look up Meri's "doctor" . . . and she is a doctor, but has extremely mixed reviews online. And I've NEVER visited a doctor's office where the doctor had their name and the name of their practice embroidered in such big (visible to a camera) letters. Most doctors don't even wear a white coat in their offices any more, do they?

I don't want to venture too far off topic but about the white coat, that is purely Doctor/practice preference. I worked for a pediatrician and they tend not to wear white coats because of "white coat syndrome" , and so they can be intimidating to children. In the hospital I generally do see the doctors wearing white coats for many reasons, the pockets, to keep the germs off of their street clothes mainly.

That courtroom couldn't be real... I just can't see how it wouldn't be disruptive to have everybody there. I'm guessing it was staged and maybe that's part of the reason the judge started before they were even all in there, he probably thought it was a huge waste of time, and he seemed over it before it even started.

I'm sorry but I just don't see why it was necessary for everybody to be there, especially when they have already been a family for 5 years, if this was just a technicality to keep Robyn's kids "safe" in case anything happens to Robyn, then what is all the hoopla for? At the least if they all needed pictures or whatever reason they all had to be there they didn't need to pack everybody into the chambers, some could have stayed outside.

• Love 3

That's a good question.  I'm sure he has to pick one address to call his "permanent" one for legal, tax and other purposes as I have seen this before.  I did some searching around and found the property assessor's info. on Robyn's house - It was under her name only (Robyn Sullivan) until Sept. 28th of this year, when it was transferred into hers and Kody's names under her new name of Robyn Brown.  Interestingly, I took a look at the page for Meri's house and Kody is still listed as an owner with her.  Christine and Janelle are both the only owners of their respective houses.  Interestingly, Meri's house is actually valued as the least expensive amongst all the houses, by a little bit.  And Christine's is the most expensive.

http://sandgate.co.clark.nv.us/assrrealprop/parceldetail.aspx?hdnparcel=13806810006

http://sandgate.co.clark.nv.us/assrrealprop/parceldetail.aspx?hdnparcel=13806810007

Those links are interesting. I think Chris' place might be valued as more just because it appears as if it has land that is more evenly spaced front and back yard, square lot rather than odd-shaped. if you go to the ariel view and click on the properties, it appears kody is listed on meri's and robin's but not the other two. Meri's lot looks to have the smallest front yard space and i don't know what that thing is in the south eastern corner of robin's lot is. I wonder how they all decided who would be in which lot.

• Love 1
(edited)

Either somebody is reading this board or something else is at work, because when I went to click on those links again this morning it said "no record found for this parcel" - I even did the Google search again and clicked the link there with the same result.  Hmmmmmm...............

How I first found them was by Googling each wife's name and their street, city and state.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1
I think court scene was reenactment. That's why the judge was seated in court prior to everyone else. They didn't introduce Judge so and so.

And TLC and the Brown Clowns apparently take a dim view of the IQ levels of the viewers to think we will buy their BS and not figure out that this was a load of made up crap,  No one believes for a hot second their phony drama and their phony court proceeding.

• Love 9

I thought it was Kody who commented on Dayton's handwriting.

I played it back and you are right - it was off camera but was Kody's voice. What a tool. I assume he thought he was being funny since at least Dayton's first name was very clear and neat. So either Kody though he was being funny which someone with Aspergers would not pick up, or he was serious. Either way he is a disgusting example of a father and Dayton deserves so much better. Same where Sobbyn is concerned since she is the one who has inflicted Kody on Dayton.

• Love 4

I must have fallen asleep and missed this, but did Meri ever get the results from her cancer test at the doctor office?  I saw it happen and then I missed the results.  What caused her to lose 30 pounds in 6 weeks?  I mean, besides her internet activities.

• Love 2