Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Roll Out The Red Carpet

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I can't bring myself to rewatch this one; I usually rewatch a couple times to catch the subtle nuances that I missed on first viewing, but this was just so blah I'm thinking screw the rewatch.

Ashley's appearance: she looked better on the runway last night in that slightly fitted skirt than she has looked ALL SEASON long. She looked cute in the little sequence bolero, too. (I'm permanently converting from sequin/s to sequence just because). She should stop wearing those ankle length full skirts. Girl looked almost tall and lean. I almost wanted her to go to FW just for that. Also, if she couldn 't have a plus size model - which, after the one she did have, thank god, I guess - then I'm glad she had Aube. Ashley's a sweet girl, has some skills and has WAY LOTS to learn before she even realizes who she is as a designer. Plus size designer: You keep using that phrase; I do not think it means what you think it means.

I knew Edmond was toast when he chose that OMBRE sequence fabric. How many times have we seen ombre fail? I can't even count. And, please: Heidi would have been fine with the short if it hadn't also had cleavage down the navel AND batwing sleeves AND some sort of semi fishtail hem in the back. Still, Edmond should have gone to the finale... and here's hoping Timgunn will save him at the last minute.

I'm rooting for Kelly in the whole shebang now. It's totally not my style, but she's creative and always herself. She's uber lovable.

Candice: can't wait to see the all black, all Hot Topic collection. She's the only one who would upset me with a win.

This season ended with a whimper, no matter how the collections look and who wins. I'm hoping it comes back for a season 15 though. As I've said before, I'll be there to snark until the end.

• Love 12

It's Chekhov's Tim Gunn.

Best comment EVIR.

I always hate the TG scene after the auf, when he hugs the designer and says "sorry we have to say goodbye" and no one ever says, "well, actually, you do have this thing called ..."  And the fact (as someone else mentioned) that they endlessly discuss whether they're going to fashion week when everyone knows that they're going if they're in the top 6 or so.  I hate these things even more than I hate people saying they are excited about the hotel or makeup or accessory provider or 3d printer (?!?) of the season.   Such weird editing choices all the time - I'm sure the designers say "well, Tim loves so-and-so, even if they're auf they might get saved..." but we never ever ever ever hear the designers talking save.

The Heidi comment last night that Tim doesn't have to use his save was also odd - don't they have a certain number of episodes with a certain number of challenges?  I've always thought of this w/r/t the pairing-up or two-teams challenges - if they plan that and then a save happens before it that they weren't expecting, doesn't the odd number mess with the plan?  I guess early on you can move such challenges.

Lastly: what the hell does blind judging mean when you have four people?  They see the looks on the runway, grade them, and then dismiss no one (because there are 6 or less people).  Then there's the defending your life bit where the people are standing next to them.  I know there's some things in the script each week beause we enjoy hearing about the Brother suite of home sewing products or whatever a thousand extra times and they've paid for it, but at this stage there is no blind judging.  Just stop making Heidi say that.

Blow a kiss, fire a Gunn - next round starts with Edmund back in by Tim and another play-in challenge for who-will-go-on-to-(be-on-tv-for-the-Episodes-about-)fashion-week.

Edited by sconstant
  • Love 2

I watched the entire episode thinking that it doesn't matter who loses this one, Tim is obviously going to use his save. Then, he didn't - color me confuzzled! I'm hoping that there's a surprise redemption next episode, even though there was no hint in the previews. I would love to see what Ashley can do with plus sizes when she is more relaxed and has more time. But, I REALLY want to see what Edmund and Kelly can do! Candace, I really don't care about. Although she can design and she can sew, she has never made anything that personally appeals to me. I don't remember Edmund having anything quite so loser-ish all season - he sure picked the WRONG time to fail!

I loved the fabric Ashley used but I don't understand why she didn't use the reverse effect to make some type of pattern. I mean, what's the point in using such a cool fabric if you don't take advantage of it's chameleon quality?

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but just last night, for the first time, I was wondering if Candace wears a wig. Her hair is always perfect, always looks exactly the same, and the part just seems not quite natural. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

• Love 1

I loved the fabric Ashley used but I don't understand why she didn't use the reverse effect to make some type of pattern. I mean, what's the point in using such a cool fabric if you don't take advantage of it's chameleon quality?

Forgot about this - I agree.  I think she was thinking about the water challenge and the self-dying dress, but what are you going to do on the runway?  Have the model run her hand along the dress to change it?  Since the answer is: no, then you're left with a fabric with mostly negatives (has to be smoothed down before the runway) and no upside to the cool quality.

• Love 5

Yes, I noticed Candice had some unnatural looking hair last night. Both the part and the bangs looked like artificial hair to me. I think she is pretty and without the Betty Page look, she would look lovely. You can't keep up an artificial look forever and if someone is drawn to you because you have that look they might be disappointed that you don't have naturally bright red lips, pitch black pageboy and super white skin.

As for the blind runway/comments regarding the save: all reality shows have to edit so we don't know certain things. I don't mind it. Of course the judges know who did what sometimes, but what else can they do? I think it is only fair that they at least look at each outfit without the designers names be attached to it. I'm not sure how they could make the runway more blind??

And they can't show every comment/thought of the designers. I'm sure they do speculate on who/when the TG save will be used. But only TG (and/or the producers) can actually determine that. I was expecting a sew off between Ashley and Edmond. But I think the judges were really stuck here. They can't say they like three dresses and hate one and then keep the one they hate. I could see that they were genuinely conflicted. They wanted to keep Edmond, but they hated his dress.

• Love 3

If they are waiting to use the Tim Gunn save to rope us in to watch next week - it worked. It is a shame that this show has sunk so low that they have to use tricks like this to get us to keep watching. In the past, I watched because it was suspenseful to see what the designers were going to make each week.

• Love 2

Candace is one of those people who thinks she is very wise and deep and really is neither. She talks as though we simply must hang on to every word, because she's so damn philosophical. Really don't think so. She bugs. She is just so manufactured, from the tattoos to the eyebrows to the dyed black hair to the light foundation. Ugh!

I meant to comment last week on being done with Merline. She also said tons of dumb stuff. I do not think that she understands what 3D means. She said, "When I go outside, I see everything in 3D!" Yes, Merline, most of us do. Most things do have three dimensions. She also mentioned "2D and a half"! Any idea what that means? Some unknown half dimension?

Anyway, love Edmund. I really hope TG saves him. He's definitely worth it. Ashley can leave my screen last month. Please. Frickin' crybaby. There's no crying in fashion!

• Love 6

I actually liked Ashley's dress a lot... I think it's a cool fabric and it looked good on the runway. It was also different in it's design- the one shoulder and the way she cut the bodice was unique instead of the same old dress over and over again. Overall I do agree that she's had some disasters- though I actually thought the judges made the right decisions in picking something worse than Ashley's outfit to go home. Like tonight... Edmond's dress was a mess! He just kept going and going at it and it looked overworked to me and wasn't anything different or red carpet worthy.

Not really, Ashley's dress looked like a mix of these dresses and this one too. And Heidi wore something similar.

• Love 1

Re: everytime Heidi said 'anonymous runway show' I took that to mean the judges didn't know who designed what came down the catwalk. But the designers had the same models every week. Ex: Aube was Ashley's model so when the judges saw Aube they knew this was Ashley's design.

Am I right about this? Because if I am they need to cut that line from Heidi's dialogue.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 11

Also, I blame Tim Gunn for Edmund's stumble. How many times this season has Tim steered designers wrong? More than in season's past, for sure. I'm over my TG admiration...first the hissy fit with Swapnil and now nudging Edmond in the wrong direction. Boo!

To be fair, I often disagree with the judges and think Tim is steering the contestants in the wright direction.  

• Love 6

I enjoy Girl George as much as the next person but there is no way on gawd's green earth that Katy Perry would be able to squeeze her "boobies" into that jumpsuit top.

I liked Girl G's second-skin reptilian bodysuit, but it wouldn't have worked if her model had been bustier and less aerodynamic.  And Ashley's would have been much less striking without the light reflecting off that perfect round globe belonging to Aube.  I don't even know whether to give either of them credit for being thoughtful enough to take that into consideration--plenty of designers this season did not--but it worked out well.

Why are people getting so exercised about Ashley's material mooshing if someone sat down?  Sitting down doesn't exist when it comes to runway wear.   Kelly needed two people to get the zipper closed--her model would explode out of those pants if she sat down. Anyone in Edmond's dress would be planting her bare naked little bethonged butt cheeks directly onto the surface of the chair.  Eww.

I thought Ashley's trompe l'oeil material was cool, but it would have drawn gasps if it had been more fluid and shimmered back and forth on its own.

• Love 8

The usual conclusion when they don't want to boot someone is to have them go home, create their line and have them judged against each other to see who will be in the finale.  I expected that to happen.   I expect to see that at the beginning of the next episode.  

Edmond's dress was bad.  When he chose the fabric in Mood, I knew he would be in trouble.  I even pictured Nina saying that the fabric was overpowering and would with any design.  Something like that. 

Ashley, what was she wearing?!  Not a good look.   I didn't like her dress either and was shocked to hear the judges like it somewh

Seeing Christian made me long for how good this show used to be.  sigh  

They are just not getting skilled people to apply anymore.  The show has lost its edge and appeal.   And where are all the personalities?  We have boring contestants.  

I love Kelly and don't find her boring but one nifty personality needs others with whom to connect and banter.  

Kelly for the win; her piece was the only one I liked.  It was spectacular.   I love that she works at a deli and spends the rest of her time designing.  She is driven to succeed.  Maybe she will be the Lifetime stand out.

I don't think Tim steers anyone wrong, at all.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I'm just CHOMPING at the bit (is that the saying). As a huge fan of both Swapnil AND Edmond I need to say that one could argue that Edmond 'wasted' his ENTIRE time before Tim's visit and yet Tim was patient and super-kind and didn't start screaming and turning red, yelling to a talented but slightly confused designer, "WHAT IS THE *FUCKING* POINT?"

This is why it's incredibly easy to argue (IMO) that Tim had it out for Swapnil and had an insane bias against him.  He oddly didn't take Edmond's struggle with this challenge personally and as a display of aggressive laziness or whatever he thought Swapnil was like.

Candice is a master of passive-aggressive jabs.

I can't STAND Candice.  "Kelly is who she is, and she isn't ashamed."  Why should Kelly be ashamed of who she is?  Every single thing this woman says just makes me grit my teeth.  She over-enunciates every word because Every Word She Says is just So Incredibly Beautiful and Important and my Plain Black Dress is just Plain in the most Beautifullest Way and God's Grace shines when a Woman Wears my Dress.

Sorry guys but I liked Ashley's dress.  I loved the fabric, (of course I love Aube) and I think she did a good job.  I like Edmond 100x more than Ashley but I won't tear down Ashley to build him up.  Edmond choked this challenge; I think Ashley had one of the better designs.  Candice is an incredibly boring designer but her execution is always immaculate.  And Kelly had the best design.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 21

Re: everytime Heidi said 'anonymous runway show' I took that to mean the judges didn't know who designed what came down the catwalk. But the designers had the same models every week. Ex: Aube was Ashley's model so when the judges saw Aube they knew this was Ashley's design.

Am I right about this? Because if I am they need to cut that line from Heidi's dialogue.

It seems to me that models were switched around randomly this season. That dour redhead showed up with a bunch of designers (and seemed to send them home that week!). 

But I feel like the runway is only anonymous for the first few weeks. After that, you know the judges could tell at a glance which looks belonged to the designers with an obvious style. Who did that circle skirt? Ashley. Who did that all black goth gown? Candace. Who did that weird boxy coat? Merlene. :)

So basically, the runway may technically be anonymous, but by this finale, the minute the model stepped onto the runway, the judges knew EXACTLY who designed the outfit.

• Love 2

Lastly: what the hell does blind judging mean when you have four people?  

Especially when the four have distinctively different styles:

Is it black, likely to have a corset or use leather?  Candice

Would the person wearing this outfit be likely to have ectasy and a glow stick in her purse?   Kelly

Does the outfit have a vaguely rockabilly or 50's skirt or is there a peplum?  Ashley

Otherwise, Edmund.

• Love 19

And there's no way the judges didn't know the jumpsuit was Kelly's and Candice made yet another black outfit.

• Love 2

Lord yes, please bring Edmund back......I started out not liking Kelly and her 80's style but I have grown to really like her..Go Kelly! Not everyone can afford to go Parsons or FIT or some other school. I sew and that girl has talent. The easter egg should have gone home! Anybody else notice she wears the same dam thing every week?? T shirt, circle skirt, jeans jacket. Every. Single. Week. I always enjoy seeing what the designers wear but she is BORING and the clothes she designs are nothing special. 

• Love 1

Why do the producers keep asking her to bestow her wisdom upon us every week?

I'm going to guess because

I just cannot stand Candice.  My dislike of her is becoming irrational...I tense up and clench my teeth when she's giveing us one of her superiority TH's.

This is a production team which made entire seasons out of Michelle, Helen, Amanda, Kate, leather girl with the eyebrows from last season who I don't even care enough about to look up what her name was, Asha... Pretty much the only thing they have to sell with the budge show they're producing is someone to hate. It's not like that balding troll doll they had earlier this season was going to sweep it all away in the Dress Angie Dickinson challenge.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Candice's shameless ass-kissing, "Well Tim is almost a fashion God." GMAFB, girl. She is so full of manure with her "people have to either love or hate my designs." They are banal and redundant AF! She made the same banal variant of Morticia Adams she's been doing all along.

Ashley surprised me with a beautiful dress suited more to Edmond's aesthetic. Too bad Edmond choked. His fabric would have easily netted him a win if he just played it safe and average the way Candice innately does. It's not like Edmond does anything wild any way. This red carpet challenge would have been right up his alley if he hadn't choked.

Kelly surprised me as well. Good for her! I was totally unenthusiastic about this group but Ashley and Kelly both impressed and rose to the occasion. I'm cautiously optimistic for their runway collections.

Christian is almost slumming re-appearing on this show in its current state.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 4

spaceytraci1208 said: "Nothing about anything Edmund did last night seemed like something he would do...'tis fishy."

If I didn't know better, I would think everything Edmond did last night was scripted. He is always on the ball and seems to have a plan when he buys the fabric.  'Tis fishy, alright.  Hmmmmmm.

Edited by Miss Ruth
  • Love 5

If they had given Ashley a plus size model she wouldn't be going to Fashion Week.  Her model is the only reason she wasn't sent home.  Aube could wear a plastic garbage bag and look gorgeous. 

Also, does Candace wear a wig?  How does she get it so perfect?  I always wanted hair like that, instead of the naturally curly hair I have.

Candace has the most perfect hair I think I've ever seen. And I'm fairly certain that it's not a wig.

I can only imagine The Siriano sitting there thinking   "WTF?  Did I come on the right show?  What IS this crap?"  

Hahahaha, I know right? Then, after the taping, he called Chris March and was all "girl, you'll never BELIEVE what I just saw!", then they went out for drinks and laughed and laughed.

Anyway, I think Candace was very calculated tonight in her comments to the judges.  Telling them how she took their critiques to heart  and learned from them yadda, yadda, yadda, really fed into their egos. 

Oh, Candice has been calculated all along. Remember her tearing up on the runway and wishing her daughter could be there with her? (looking straight at mother of four Heidi). I have no beef with anyone who plays the production (as Jay McCarroll so gleefully said way back in season 1), but if you play it, be charming and keep the viewers on your side. Candice went full Gretchen. I liked her at first but she slowly became unbearable.

I am all about my hometown girl Kelly! Win it all for Boston, girlfriend!!

• Love 6

I also started watching the show in about Season 5 or 6 or so while high on Percocet following major surgery. Is Percocet the same thing as Dilaudid? Anyway, what does that say about us, and the show?

Watching fashion is fun even if you are doped on opiates. And you will keep the (fashion) habit.

Agree with you about Ashley. I have disliked her designs for many weeks now.

susannot, Percocet is to Dilaudid what water is to moonshine! Lol. BTW, I'm a crazy cat lady, so I'm loving your avatar! Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 1

They are pushing Ashley through just for the publicity of it.  My friend was an agent for one of the major modeling agencies and repped the plus sized models.  It was its own division in the agency.  Cost cuts forced them to do away with it whereupon my friend lost her job.  The models however are still working and continue to work.  Go into any department store or clothing store and look up at the pictures.  Plenty of plus sized models in those pics.  Plus sized models have been around a very long time.  But not on the red carpet and not on Project Runway.  

Project Runway is just trying to cash in on it.

• Love 3

My point about Ashley is that she should be designing clothes that would suit a heavy woman, even though she has a slim model. Her model could wear anything. There is no reason she should 't be able to come up with a gown that flatter a larger figure and also work on a model. But the gown she made to show last night would NOT have worked on a Melissa McCarthy, for example. That gown would have shown every bulge, bump, etc and the cleavage area would have been a mess, on a big girl.

• Love 1

Candace has the most perfect hair I think I've ever seen. And I'm fairly certain that it's not a wig.

I really do not like the look. It does look fake, even if it is not. I think it hardens and ages her, as does her thick make-up.

• Love 5

Wow.  What a drag.  It appears that both Swapnil and Edmond self-destructed.  All the people ranting at the show for Edmond getting auf'd should really be mad at him.  I was so sure that Heidi et al were in the tank for him that I was fully expecting them to act like they luuuurved his hideous 70s disco dress mess.  So when he was properly auf'd for that, I was actually surprised.  Of course I'm also fairly sure that Tim Gunn is going to save him next week.  Aren't there always 4 going to fashion week, at least in the last several seasons?  Perhaps I'm remembering wrong about that.  Whatever - we'll see.

One thing the show MUST stop doing forever: the bullshit "who should go with you to Fashion Week"? question.   As if the judges are going to base their decision on that answer from the contestants.  The absolutely only purpose this serves is to cause some extra cattiness amongst the contestants, and inevitably make someone feel unpopular.  I hate that shit.  Like the fashion industry isn't considered to be bitchy enough, they have to pull this mean girl bullshit?  Stop it now, show. 

• Love 15

Candace really hates Ashley, doesn't she? When Ashley came in and said she was in, Candace could barely squeak out a "You're kidding!" and it wasn't in a pleased, surprised way, it was more amazement bordering on disgust.

They really gave her the bitch edit. This week I thought Candice was terrible with Edmond as well. One minute they show her telling him that his design looks "great!" and the next minute they're showing her talking head interview where she starts insulting what he's doing. She's done that throughout the season, telling people what they want to hear and then ripping them to shreds in her interviews. Not cool.

• Love 4

I really do not like the look. It does look fake, even if it is not. I think it hardens and ages her, as does her thick make-up.

I'm referring to the fact that it is healthy, shiny, perfectly cut with never a hair out of place. I think it's her eyebrows that give her the hard look.

• Love 2

Ashley's model has saved her butt all season, but it shoukd not be that way. There has not been one time when the judges did not say hiw great the model looked, rather than how great the outfit looked. That is one hell of a model, she can wear and sell anything. She should be having a stellar career and I hope she does. She is best PR has ever seen, Imo.

Exactly! The majority of the compliments the judges gave Ashley had to do with Aube, not the dress - "she's selling it," "her cleavage looks great," etc. Aube is a fantastic model - she's the only model I can remember by name, and I've seen every season of this show. It's not just that her looks are striking - and they are - it's that she sells the clothes, and how she walks and her facial expressions change depending on what she's modeling. It's very impressive.

I thought Zac was dead-on about the fabric Ashley used - and then she didn't even use the reversibility to her advantage.

Lord, Edmond. That was terrible. The wings, the length, the cleavage, he's used that silhouette (which, IMO, is casual, not red carpet or even cocktail - I love a long-sleeved mini with flat sandals) before, and that was some of the ugliest fabric I've ever seen. He still deserves to be in the final over Ashley, who I think needs a good five years to mature as a designer and a person. I am just so, so tired of her tears, her need to believe in herself ... work those issues out at home. This show is about clothes and design.

I don't like Candice's personality and her dress was boring and slightly prom-y. Her collection is going to be really dull; her winning would bug me.

I am anti-jumpsuit as a rule but Kelly put together something very visually interesting and well-constructed. I've said before that I wouldn't wear anything of hers and I stand by that, but she does have a distinct point of view and her stuff is visually interesting. You can tell Candice's designs too but her shit is boring.

• Love 4

Was it just me or did the jumpsuit have a weird "crotch" thing happening with the triangles?  When I first saw it walking the runway, I swear it was a black triangle at just the wrong spot...lol.  Plus the lines did not match up very nicely on the front or the rear.

Just wondering if I was alone in this thought...

ETA:  Mr. Devonshiredeb has been calling Kelly Boy George since week 1....

Edited by devonshiredeb
  • Love 1

One thing the show MUST stop doing forever: the bullshit "who should go with you to Fashion Week"? question.   As if the judges are going to base their decision on that answer from the contestants.  The absolutely only purpose this serves is to cause some extra cattiness amongst the contestants, and inevitably make someone feel unpopular.  I hate that shit.  Like the fashion industry isn't considered to be bitchy enough, they have to pull this mean girl bullshit?  Stop it now, show. 

That makes me cringe. I have to fast forward through it because it makes me cringe so much. I'm sure Candice spoke with sorrow and sadness but "had to be honest" and Ashley teared up. Gah.

• Love 1

Have the model run her hand along the dress to change it?  Since the answer is: no, then you're left with a fabric with mostly negatives (has to be smoothed down before the runway) and no upside to the cool quality.

If people are tempted to pet your dress, you're focusing on the wrong thing.  

I've decided that I'm deliberately NOT going to watch the first 15 minutes of next week's episode.  I refuse to give in to their cheap ploys. 

Edited by leighdear

Do these judges see what everyone else can see ashley is not a fashion designer the clothes she designs I wouldn't let my grandmother wear.Edmund dress was far out this week but overall he had some nice clothing one bad design he gets booted ashley designs went from terrible to not to bad this week and she moves on. This show is a joke.

I often don't agree with the judges - but then again - I also right now don't agree with you as I've liked many of Ashley's designs. I'm not a fan of colored hair but saw a girl the other day that absolutely rocked it. Each designer has a different appeal - but I can appreciate it even though I may not like it.

• Love 2

Ashley cannot design for plus sizes...no how, no way. She demonstrated that in the crew member challenge when she sent a peplum-adorned monstrosity down the runway which cruelly emphasized every possible flaw a full featured woman might have. It was an appalling fabric choice, the peplum was attached so as to make the poor woman look severely short-waisted, it hugged her hips in an unflattering way, and its length further cut her height. I live in Manhattan and I have seen larger women dressed beautifully in sexy but nuanced designs which glide over the body, suggesting they are voluptuous while still preserving a sleek line. Clearly expensive clothing, with great fabrics, but it can be done. Ashley can't pick appropriate fabrics, for a start, and she insists often on circle skirts with a waist...why??

I look at how she dresses herself and if I were plus size I would be reluctant to trust her taste. 

• Love 8

I think Ashley and Candice need to be dipped for the same ticks. They both make essentially the same outfit every time, and it's the outfit they wear. Which is understandable, since it's the outfit they have the most experience with making, and they can turn it out under pressure. Unfortunately for Ashley, she's an apple, and not all plus-sized women are. Candice is pretty much dressing women who are built the way she is.

• Love 3

The right three went through.

I honestly don't get Edmond, he's a tacky designer imo. Very little creativity, I'm surprised he got this far. I am not surprised that he created that monstrosity of a dress. It was by far and away the worst. I don't know why the judges were handling him with kid gloves. Personally I hope he does not come back.

I really hope Kelly wins. Apart from being really sweet, she has shown the most creativity. Took the most risks and been the most hard working. I am excited to see her collection. Even from the preview, it looks the best.

Candice's designs have become so boring. I see she took a leaf out of Swapnil's book and played it safe. Swapnil should never have broadcast his plan, that was his mistake. 

Ashley has always hinted at good things, so hopefully with more time and confidence she can fulfil that potential.

Edited by greenbean
  • Love 6

I'm rooting for Kelly in the whole shebang now. It's totally not my style, but she's creative and always herself. She's uber lovable.

I used to recoil at most of Kelly's designs, but she has really listened to the judges and refined her POV during this process. Her stuff also isn't my style, but I like her and hope she wins.

• Love 5

I thought Kelly's looked like something a Kardashian would wear.  Not the fashion one or the main one, but one of the others.  I like Kelly, though, so I'll root for her.  I'm not sure if I agree that her designs are more refined and whatnot, or if my expectations are just lower and the comparisons make them look better.  As in...does she seem like the best because the rest aren't so great?

I appreciated her comment about how Edmond wants this as much as she does.  I feel like that's the first I've ever heard that on a reality show, where it's usually "Nobody wants this like I do, therefore I should win."

Can the Gunn save be used this late in the game?  That seems...expensive, like it'd have to be preplanned, because you can't just up and add someone to Fashion Week...can you?  

I sort of hope Edmond gets it just because I felt like Tim steered him wrong.  And then I don't, because none of these designers muster much emotion for me (except Kelly, who I like because she reminds me of 1992).  

I'm curious to see if Ashley will actually have plus-sized models.  If she does, I'm figuring she'll get the win because of that.

• Love 1

I don't hate Candice. She's fine--her work is mediocre at best and I would have sent her last night just because she took no risk with her dress and created something boring. Plus, I don't think as a whole her designs were as good as the others' to go to fashion week, but whatever. I see why the put her there. What irks me about her is the talking heads. She comes across condescending and smug. It's not a good look. It could just be editing, but I don't love what she has to say about the work of other designers. I'm disappointed she's in the finale because I liked the other three designers way better. Maybe Edmond's dress was ugly, but at least he took a chance, as did Ashley. Candice sent down black and boring, just like she's done all season. Snooze.

• Love 3

It was interesting that they went into the "In fashion one day you're in and the next you're out" because this show has NEVER in its history been consistent on that and usually are pretty haphazard when it comes to applying that standard.

This and since when do they make their decisions based on just THE CHALLENGE?   Ashley should have gone home.   If there was no Tim Gunn save that they just didn't show us, then I get to watch something else next week on Thursday night.

This and since when do they make their decisions based on just THE CHALLENGE?  

If they do, it has to be news to Tim, who was admirably open with the press about lobbying repeatedly to have someone who wasn't on the bottom sent home.

• Love 4

Wow - I was kind of underwhelmed by this challenge.  They all looked, mmm; Maybe okay??

I thought Kelly was smart to look beyond the idea that Red Carpet just meant the Oscars.  Granted it is not my taste but i could see someone wear it to the Grammys or any of the music awards.  Although what she makes I could never wear but to me (admittedly, fashion dyslexic) her looks are generally creative, true to herself, and seem well made (considering less then 24 hours to make stuff most of the time).

Ashley's dress was kind of cool even Cristian liked it (He said something like, "I just kind of love this").  I thought it would look good walking the "carpet".  But I still think that she has an awfully lot to learn.  I think she needs to be able to "roll with the punches" instead of breaking down.

Morticia's dress was just a nice dress except to her taste - all black.  That appears to be the only color she uses - the flamenco dress the only exception from what I recall. Plus she kind of rubs me the wrong way.  I don't like the way she offers up her opinion to and about the other designers.  I really don't want her to win.

EDMOND!! What was he thinking???  I was just disappointed, words fail me.

So my two cents: Kelly for the WIN!!  (Unless Edmond comes back - then I want him to win)

**I miss the Bravo days.

• Love 2

I don't see Candice as many do.  I like her.  It was touching to see how profoundly happy she was to have made the finale.  It has been her dream for a long time and that showed. 

Donna Karan wears all black as does Michael Kors and many in the fashion industry.  Even though they don't like to see too much of it in their collections, it is the most popular color.  As she matures she may branch out into other things and other brow and hair styles. Fashion is a swiftly changing field.  

I didn't have a problem with any of them other than Swapnil's attitude, not his clothes until he clutched.  His eyes did creep me, however.  

• Love 4

I don't see Candice as many do.  I like her.  It was touching to see how profoundly happy she was to have made the finale.  It has been her dream for a long time and that showed. 

Given her history, I'm totally on board with her getting a big public boost. I'm way less on board with the gross lack of graciousness about Ashley making the finale. Although I'm starting to think these people are scripted, at this point. It would explain a lot that really doesn't make sense otherwise. In which case, well played, monkeys, and good luck to Candice at convincing investors that she's a good actress.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Ashley's appearance: she looked better on the runway last night in that slightly fitted skirt than she has looked ALL SEASON long. She looked cute in the little sequence bolero, too. (I'm permanently converting from sequin/s to sequence just because). She should stop wearing those ankle length full skirts. Girl looked almost tall and lean. I almost wanted her to go to FW just for that. Also, if she couldn 't have a plus size model - which, after the one she did have, thank god, I guess - then I'm glad she had Aube. Ashley's a sweet girl, has some skills and has WAY LOTS to learn before she even realizes who she is as a designer. Plus size designer: You keep using that phrase; I do not think it means what you think it means.

Agree that this was by far the best Ashley has looked all season.  And thanks for the Princess Bride shout-out!

• Love 2