Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: Roll Out The Red Carpet

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Aging Goth said, "BUT...He still deserves to go to Fashion Week as that mess-up was very rare for him and he has won the most challenges in this group."

Edmund has won three challenges to Kelly's four.  Ashley and Candace each have two, with one of them being a team challenge.

But did Candice say that before Kelly's win this time? Then it would be a tie.

Kelly - Say goodbye to the deli, honey. Whether you win or not - and I have a gut feeling that you will win, you've hit your stride at the perfect time

She really has. Judging from what's in Target and Marshalls these days, the early 70's are huge and that means that the later 70's and then the 80's will be huge soon. Every decade repeats as the fashion vintage of choice several decades after it first hit. (I'm just waiting for platform shoes to finally disappear again... they are even more outrageous now than the first go-round!)

Of course, it's also possible that it isn't her timing that is perfect, but that her input into fashion is helping DRIVE the boat for the revival of that era. Either way, she will eventually need to go beyond her current style box because those eras will once again be OUT and she will be a one way monkey if she can't grow as the cycle ends.

• Love 1

slothgirl said, "But did Candice say that before Kelly's win this time? Then it would be a tie."

I don't know what Candice said about it, if anything.  I was responding to the poster who said that Edmund had won the most challenges.  :)

slothgirl said, "But did Candice say that before Kelly's win this time? Then it would be a tie."

I don't know what Candice said about it, if anything.  I was responding to the poster who said that Edmund had won the most challenges.  :)

Oh, I read that comment as "he won the most challenges of any of us" (as in more than anyone else) not "he won most of the challenges" (as in he won more than the the other wins combined)

Ashley -. Too bad about the fabric a)not being as good a choice as she - and I - initially thought and b) the fact that she didn't make better use of the tactile 'magic' of it.

I totally agree.   Similarly to the pic posted upthread, Ashley could have made the dress cleaner and used the duality of her fabric to create a cascade of changing color or other design which would have brought interest to a simpler form.   Ditto for Edmund.  He could have gone for a sleek look as he originally mentioned and then used cutouts and illusion netting to create breaks in the fabric and bring interest to the design. Tim basically said the judges would really notice if he managed to tame the fabric. . 

• Love 1